The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-04, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
After the surprising results show last night, the judges reminded us that this show is to find the best singer not the most popular personality/image. Can you really differntaite between the two ? I mean Christina Aguilera is a very good singer but her sexy image helps her popularity which helps sell records. Why would AI be any different ? John Stevens may be around becuase people like him or think he's cute or whatever. Everyone left in the competition at this point is a good singer.

I agree with Simon that Latoya is probably the best singer on the show but in order for her to win people have to like her and her image - not just her voice.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... IreneMcGee 04-22-04 1
   RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... Breezy 04-22-04 2
   Warning AyaK 04-22-04 4
 RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... managerr 04-22-04 3
   RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... pretty_pretty_princess 04-22-04 5
   RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... JOSHIDOL 04-22-04 6
       RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... dottie1032 04-22-04 7
           RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... JOSHIDOL 04-22-04 8
 RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Sin... madi03 04-22-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
You have to remember that this season has been about entertainment and poking fun more than talent. I mean, William Hung was the first star of the show, and he has ZERO talent.

People are sick of picking overrated pop stars on this show. They want to mix it up and see some drama. Hence what happened last night.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
Irene you're sig pic is way too big, please check the guidelines. Thankyou.

This topic is being discussed in the spoiler thread also.

Just say no to trolls.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Warning"
IreneMcGee:

I have already warned you once about the use of an oversized sig pic, and Bebo has warned you once. This is your third and final warning. Either stop using the sig pic NOW, or your posting privileges will be revoked.

AyaK

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-22-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
The judges have ZERO ROOM to talk. I just rolled my eyes when the judges and Ryan were giving us this lecture. How do the judges justify:

- Putting Jon Stevens through to the Final 32 when he forgot his lyrics *twice*?

- The presence of the likes of the Noel Brothers, Lisa Wilson, and most of Group 2 in the Finals.

- Not putting Lisa Leuschner through despite telling her she had some of the best vocals.

- Leah Labelle as a judges's wildcard.

Talk about hypocrisy. The judges have no room to lecture America. Like I said in the other thread, America may not get it right all the time, but we're doing it a lot better than the judges so far.

pretty_pretty_princess 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pretty_pretty_princess Click to send private message to pretty_pretty_princess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
After lurking for months, I am venturing into the fray....

IMO, the judges CREATED the popularity contest! If I had a buck for every time the 3-Ds were lauded as the best and everytime the WonderTeens were told "this is the end of the line...not your best...etc" I could retire! The country voted to spite the judges.

Maybe TPTB will be a little more careful in their blatant cheerleading....Nah!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
That may have been a strategic move on the judges parts. They were so set on a so called Diva winning this season, they set out to surround them with they thought were no talent people. They thought this would force America to vote a Diva in.
They will now have to come up with a new gimmic since America is not buying it.
Lets see if next week, Fantasia and Latoya do not receive such great remarks from the judges.

dottie1032 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dottie1032 Click to send private message to dottie1032 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
All I can say is that I'll be watching next week and will hold my judgement and see who will go home.....crossing my fingers that it will finally be the no talented red haired kid....Come on America let rally back.......The tweens are running this show this year and personally that sucks. Vote for talent not popularity...or should I say pity votes.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
I agree John Stevens should go then those 2 girls but the votes he is getting is from 1 large group of followers who just vote for him. I think in the cae of Latoya, Fantasia and Jennifer, they were actually splitting votes 3 ways which in the loong run cost Jennifer a plane ticket back to Chicago.

madi03 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail madi03 Click to send private message to madi03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: AI - Popularity Contest vs. Singing Contest"
What exactly has Latoya done to make people dislike her? I've watched this show from the beginning and she seems confident, professional, and refined (ooops for some that equals arrogant for women of color!) Yeah, I went there. The girl can sing; and I haven't seen ANY proof that she has an attitude problem. She is very likeable...to people who recognize class, that is. John is sweet, but he has NO charisma.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •