The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Family Plots"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Family Plots"
Anyone interested in seeing the guts of a mortuary? Looks like it has a lot of potential. Its on A & E and starts at 9 pm est.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-19-04 1
 RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-20-04 2
   RE: Family Plots mistofleas 04-20-04 3
       RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-20-04 5
 RE: Family Plots SurvivorBlows 04-20-04 4
   RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-20-04 6
   RE: Family Plots mistofleas 04-20-04 7
       RE: Family Plots Molaholic 04-26-04 15
   RE: Family Plots Esbea 04-21-04 8
 How did I miss this show? Swami 04-21-04 9
 RE: Family Plots MollyTV 04-24-04 10
   RE: Family Plots kelli_blue 04-24-04 11
 RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-26-04 12
 OMG!! Deonna 04-26-04 13
   RE: OMG!! Molaholic 04-26-04 14
       RE: OMG!! Deonna 04-27-04 24
           RE: OMG!! muffin143 04-29-04 25
 RE: Family Plots true 04-26-04 16
   RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-26-04 17
       RE: Family Plots mistofleas 04-27-04 18
           RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-27-04 19
               RE: Family Plots mistofleas 04-27-04 20
                   RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-27-04 21
                       RE: Family Plots mistofleas 04-27-04 22
                           RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 04-27-04 23
 RE: Family Plots Puffy 05-02-04 26
   RE: Family Plots Deonna 05-02-04 27
       RE: Family Plots brvnkrz 05-02-04 28
   RE: Family Plots MollyTV 05-04-04 29
 Almost too painful to watch... Mon Cherie 05-21-04 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Family Plots"
I set my reminder, I think it looks hilarious.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-20-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Family Plots"
I'm only 20 minutes into the show and I am laughing my ass off already. They are hysterical.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Family Plots"
I loved it. Mr.Fleas had to leave the room, even seeing the hands and partial faces and hair of the deceased made him queasy.

Chuck was killing me!

--feels for Shanna since she has to hold it together all the time

04-20-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Family Plots"
My GF is way more morbid than I am but even she had to turn her head a couple of times. I have to say the accident woman was a little disturbing for me.
I got the biggest kick out of their interactions with one another. I did find it disturbing and amusing as the statement in the begining said might happen.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Family Plots"
I missed the "real" airing, but then was flipping through the channels and caught a rebroadcast of Ep2 at 1:30AM (I guess I missed seeing Ep1 at 1AM)

I thought it was pretty good, although I'm continually shocked that "normal" folks -- apparently even in their time of grief -- continue to sign waivers so that their footage can be broadcast.

I mean if you aren't willing to set aside your DAWsire even when you're going to bury your mom, when the hell are you???

-SB

04-20-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Family Plots"
I had the same thought but then wondered if these were people that could not otherwise afford decent burials and were in trade given the services for free.

04-20-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Family Plots"
I figure there has to be some trade off for the bereaved. Sign the waiver and you can get the dark wood casket as opposed to the cardboard. OR catching them right in the height of their grief means more people will sign the waiver. But then letting the camera in at the viewing...wow...I was a little shocked by that.

Of course, I don't understand or agree with funerals anyway so the whole set up kind of shocks me.

--has stated very clearly that no one sees her ass after she's dead, she dies, she gets burnt up, she gets turned into a jewel and sold...end of story

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Family Plots"
I've been wondering about the same thing --- but it also looks like some of the material was filmed before family members would have made contact with the mortuary (like tonight when they picked up the old lady at the retirement home). Must have losts of video they didn't get releases for...

The close-up of the dead lady's face was in bad taste, IMHO.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Family Plots"
that really suprised me too, especially because you could tell that there was a cameraman filming some of it (as opposed to a discreetly hidden camera).

I felt so bad when they had to totally reconstruct that ladies face and then her family showed up too early! It also cracked me up that the other sisters wanted her to do their makeup before they went out!

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "How did I miss this show?"
Will tune in next week. I love macabre sh!t, and people being idiots--so this sounds like the best of both worlds.

note to self: check Other Shows forum more often.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-24-04, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Family Plots"
i think it must be true that they get some kind of $$ for allowing their dear departed to be shown on national television.

but oh how ironic....she wanted a closed casket for the rest of the family....but showed her dead mother on TV???
cash can be the only explanation???

mollytv

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Family Plots"
Darn it, I missed it! Hopefully they'll reair the first & second episode so I can see it from the beginning.
Sounds like it was pretty good!

04-26-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Family Plots"
Just a friendly bump because it is on tonight.

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-26-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "OMG!!"
This mortuary is right down the road from me. They handled the last funeral I went to. This is bazaar.

Deonna

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: OMG!!"
Cool... what's the actual location then?

04-27-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: OMG!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-04 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

They are in the city of Poway, right outside of San Diego.

Deonna

Edited to add: Rancho Bernardo is on the other side of Poway. I live on the San Diego side of the Poway/San Diego boarder.

muffin143 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail muffin143 Click to send private message to muffin143 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: OMG!!"
I, too, live in Poway (about 5 minutes from the mortuary) and was looking in the local newpaper, where I found this article. If you are interested...
http://www.mylocalnews.com/stories/2004/4_22/news/familyplotsreaction.htm

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Family Plots"
I caught the re-runs late last night. Loved it! It did, however, reinforce my desire to be cremated.

04-26-04, 11:40 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Family Plots"
It makes me want to have fun with my funeral. I told my girlfriend tonight that I want my casket in the back of a pick up truck, not a hearse, and I want her to glue the fake Halloween butts to the top of it so that when the procession is driving down the road everyone will just see this big old butt sticking out of a casket. I want to have fun with death because otherwise the whole thought is too depressing to me. I also want my headstone to say "I would rather be at a party" For some reason GF said she will not take care of my requests.
That is cool that it is down the street from you and how bizarre that they did the last funeral you attended.

04-27-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Family Plots"
I also want my headstone to say "I would rather be at a party"

I'm still gigglin'! Too funny.

--knows funerals are for the family cuz if you're dead you're not going to really care what happens to your body but anyone who gets together and cries, wails, moans or gnashes their teeth over her death, is gonna find themselves haunted for a good long time

04-27-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Family Plots"
That's what I told GF tonight. I want everyone to laugh and have a great time at my funeral. Exchange the holy water with Tequila and have a great time. I also told her that I want her life to be miserable after I am gone though. I told her I wanted her to be devasted because I am supposed to be her whole world. Of course I was kidding, well, half kidding. I told her that I would haunt her if she "re-married" ,that one, not so much kidding. LOL

04-27-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Family Plots"
Exhanging tequila for holy water...not a bad idea at all! Then you put the lime wedges on the plate where those cracker things usually go and you're set!

--told Mr.Fleas I would approve of him re-marrying after my death as long as it was a platonic marriage

04-27-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Family Plots"
>--told Mr.Fleas I would approve of
>him re-marrying after my death
>as long as it was
>a platonic marriage
snort
Can I steal that line?

04-27-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Family Plots"
But of course brazen, what is mine, is yours!

--hearts brazen muchly

04-27-04, 00:34 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Family Plots"
Why thank you Misto.
Misto knows how Brazen feels about her.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Family Plots"
Love the show...laugh and cry. The embalmer holds the whole place together, she's amazing. The dad is funny too. I know exactly where Poway is..big fires there last fall.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

05-02-04, 08:47 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Family Plots"
It is so nice to see how they seem to really care about the people, both living and dead that they work with.

Deonna

05-02-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Family Plots"
That's what we were saying. How they can be so funny and cussing each other out but then the next scene they are being so loving to the grieving family. I suppose one must have a good sense of humor to do what they do.

CASH Wine gopher

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-04, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Family Plots"
cried my eyes out tonight watching how tenderly chuck the father handled the 94 year old deceased at the nursing home pickup...what a guy.

and yes shana does hold the whole place together...she is great.
i don't like rick and i don't like the dating thing either.
i agree with the family.
molly

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Almost too painful to watch..."
Reminds me too much of my current job working with my family.

Dad: Owner/maintenance/security of apartments that house mentally disabled and formerly homeless people. Also leads Bible studies Sunday mornings for residents, complete with homemade breakfast he cooks.
Mom: Co-owner and manager/resident advocate/social planner
Sister in Law: Office manager/family mediator
Brother: Maintenance/Driving Mom and myself crazy
Me: Secretary/case manager/maintenance/black sheep of the family (according to Brother)
Skippy the Dog: Security/Entertainment/french fry eater

It's great. Really. Just yesterday I called my brother a self-centered, self-righteous insensitive jerk.

Back OT, I really do like the show. The dad cracks me up. The dead bodies give me willies though. I had a friend that worked in a funeral home, and she invited me to eat lunch with her there, at a table in the garage area, where dead bodies were being removed from vans (in bags of course). I couldn't eat. Was an interesting experience though.

An IceCat/Mon Cherie Production
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
-Henry Drummond

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •