The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Second Chance -..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-15, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Signs of Survival: Second Chan..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-15 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

SGO ...

Thank you!

I am really glad to know that someone has a voting plan. Because I certainly don't. I haven't yet cast a single vote ...

Like you, I don't want to see this next Season's ladies march one by one into that good night or be relegated to supporting roles en masse. But the first major contributor to my voting block is the mediocrity of the women's field of candidates ( an assessment that Round Robin, among others, has echoed in other threads). However, I have to admit that at least part of the reason for my perception is the fact that I've never watched Teresa Cooper, Kelly Wiglesworth or Kimmi Kappenberger play the Game. Then, too, eight of the nine Second Chance candidates who played the game as members of their Season's Minority are women. And five of the eight are Earth and Water natives.

But I have long argued that it is a grave mistake to use the same yardstick to measure the performances of players who appeared in Survivor with that fatal handicap in tow to those of persons who enjoyed a definite - Majority - advantage during their Season(s). So, I suppose that I really should have a bit more faith that if they (and Brad Culpepper) are fortunate enough to play the Game from within an Earth and Water Majority, that 'mediocrity' will disappear in great clouds of air-tight strategies, rock-solid alliances and well-organized, well-fed and comfortable camps boasting nightly turn-down service and massage.

Note: In short (as the first of the two Tables below illustrates), in these nominees we have one (Stephen) who played the Game as 'fairly' as it can be played; nine who, as a practical matter, have yet to be given a first chance to actually become a Sole Survivor; and twenty-two (the majority of whom are Fire and Air natives) who've played Survivor from a privileged position and blown it anyway ...

And the second Chart demonstrates the fact that, although there have been a total of twenty Balanced and E&W (Majority) Seasons, twenty of the thirty-two candidates for the twenty Second Chance berths played their first Game in one of the ten F&A (Majority) Games. So, even if (to paraphrase your thought) we assume that our votes matter and that the system isn't rigged (or even, for that matter, if it is rigged) and Second Chance becomes a Balanced or E&W (Majority) Season, the finished entertainment product will, I think, still have a very strong F&A 'vibe' about it.

Note: Given that the Earth and Water natives are outnumbered 18 to 14 on the CBS Ballots - and may be outnumbered 19 to 13 if Spencer is a Gemini - and if the viewer vote isn't just window-dressing - it will take a minor miracle for S31 to become anything other than a Fire and Air Majority Season.

And about Spencer's birthday ...

There now seems to be some sort of Kass | Spencer 'inside' thing about it. Following her remark during a podcast that suggested he fibbed to his tribemates about his natal day during Cagayan's filming and his post to Twitter regarding 'turning 22' that appeared on June 11 (Gemini) - until then, I and others had June 24th (Cancer) as his birthdate - she has referred to him as 'Kancer' and he has suggested that others 'ask Kass' about the correct date. So, for that and other lengthy and convoluted reasons (he did not, for instance, directly acknowledge any of the birthday greetings that appeared on Twitter following his June 11th post), I've left his birthday as is. For now.

In any event, Second Chance will film during the Gemini window - May 22nd to June 21st - so maybe the issue - and I may be the only person on the planet for whom Spencer Bledsoe's birthdate is an issue - will be put to rest this fall (if not, I hope, sooner).

As for my votes ...

I am one of those very strange people who would be perfectly happy with a Kass win. The Scorpio personality - although it has an abysmal Survivor performance history - fascinates me. I would also be perfectly happy with a Shane or Keith victory. But most of all, I want Stephen to be Second Chance's Sole Survivor. I just can't decide if he would have a better shot at that in a Balanced - or in a Fire and Air Majority - Season. And then there is the fact that, because I haven't yet discovered any pattern in their results that would allow me to eliminate any number of their players from F1 consideration - up front, I really, really dislike Balanced Seasons ...

Final Note: Below the first two Tables I've added a third that places the Survivors in their most natural - intuitive - Roles. I thought it might afford us a very useful portrait much like the ones that I'm certain are generated - via psychological testing | personality profiling - and then utilized by the show's producers as they vet its applicants and shape its casts. And, given that Table and despite however much, or little, I may wish that it wasn't so, I think that it would not be unreasonable to suggest that whatever the impact of viewer votes, Survivor's producers may very well serve up a Balanced Season. As they did in All-Stars and in Heroes v Villains. And, in this case, in more ways than one.

PLAYED in a
BALANCED SEASON

Stephen | Air | Aquarius

PLAYED as a
MINORITY NATIVE

Brad | Earth | Taurus
Kelly | Water | Cancer
Kimmi | Water | Scorpio
Sabrina | Water | Pisces
Ciera | Water | Pisces
Shirin | Water | Pisces
Abi-Maria | Air | Libra
Stephanie | Air | Aquarius
Mikayla | Air | Gemini
Spencer | Air | Gemini

PLAYED as a
MAJORITY NATIVE

Tasha | Earth | Capricorn
Teresa | Earth | Taurus
Natalie | Earth | Taurus
Jim | Earth | Virgo
Monica | Water | Cancer
Kass | Water | Scorpio
Woo | Water | Pisces
Jeff | Fire | Aries
Peih-Gee | Fire | Aries
Jeremy | Fire | Aries
Max | Fire | Aries
Andrew | Fire | Leo
Troyzan | Fire | Leo
Keith | Fire | Leo
Mike | Fire | Leo
Shane | Fire | Sagittarius
Vytas | Fire | Sagittarius
Terry | Air | Libra
Joe | Air | Libra
Carolyn | Air | Libra
Kelley | Air | Gemini

PLAYED in a
BALANCED SEASON

Stephen | Air | Aquarius

PLAYED in an
E&W MAJORITY SEASON

Teresa | Earth | Taurus
Natalie | Earth | Taurus
Jim | Earth | Virgo
Monica | Water | Cancer
Kass | Water | Scorpio
Woo | Water | Pisces
Abi-Maria | Air | Libra
Mikayla | Air | Gemini
Spencer | Air | Gemini

PLAYED in an
F&A MAJORITY SEASON

Brad | Earth | Taurus
Kelly | Water | Cancer
Kimmi | Water | Scorpio
Sabrina | Water | Pisces
Ciera | Water | Pisces
Shirin | Water | Pisces
Jeff | Fire | Aries
Peih-Gee | Fire | Aries
Jeremy | Fire | Aries
Max | Fire | Aries
Andrew | Fire | Leo
Troyzan | Fire | Leo
Keith | Fire | Leo
Mike | Fire | Leo
Terry | Air | Libra
Joe | Air | Libra
Carolyn | Air | Libra
Kelley | Air | Gemini

SUPERIORS

Kelly | Water | Cancer
Monica | Water | Cancer
Kimmi | Water | Scorpio
Kass | Water | Scorpio
Andrew | Fire | Leo
Troyzan | Fire | Leo
Keith | Fire | Leo
Mike | Fire | Leo

SUBORDINATES

Brad | Earth | Taurus
Teresa | Earth | Taurus
Natalie | Earth | Taurus
Jim | Earth | Virgo
Sabrina | Water | Pisces
Ciera | Water | Pisces
Woo | Water | Pisces
Shirin | Water | Pisces
Mikayla | Air | Gemini
Kelley | Air | Gemini
Spencer | Air | Gemini

SOLOISTS

Jeff | Fire | Aries
Peih-Gee | Fire | Aries
Jeremy | Fire | Aries
Max | Fire | Aries
Terry | Air | Libra
Abi-Maria | Air | Libra
Joe | Air | Libra
Carolyn | Air | Libra
Stephen | Air | Aquarius

Roles
Keyword: Place

The Sun Sign Profiles of the Superior (The Movers) Signs – Capricorn (Cardinal Earth), Cancer (Cardinal Water), Scorpio (Fixed Water)
and Leo (Fixed Fire) – indicate that their natives are most comfortable – and function most effectively –
in leadership positions.

The Sun Sign Profiles of the Subordinate (The Makers) Signs – Taurus (Fixed Earth), Virgo (Mutable Earth), Pisces (Mutable Water)
and Gemini (Mutable Air)– indicate that these personalities are most comfortable – and function most effectively –
in sheltered (supportive or specialized) positions.

And the Sun Sign Profiles of the Soloist (The Shakers) Signs – Aries (Cardinal Fire), Sagittarius (Mutable Fire), Libra (Cardinal Air)
and Aquarius (Fixed Air) – indicate that these folks are most comfortable – and function most effectively –
in autonomous (detached or semi-detached) positions.

Note
The Roles are my invention and are meant to be a lay addendum to the Signs’ Astrologic identities:
A shorthand developed from their Sun Sign Profiles that uses familiar terms to indicate the hierarchal positions
most natural (and comfortable) to their natives.

G: Edited To Correct Spencer's Birthday | Sun Sign

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival: Second Chance -...   Georganna     05-08-15       
   RE: Signs of Survival: Second Chan...   SuperGr0ver     05-08-15     1  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Second Chan...   Georganna     05-09-15     2  
         Movers, Shakers & Makers   SuperGr0ver     05-13-15     8  
             RE: Movers, Shakers & Makers   Georganna     05-14-15     9  
     PS   Georganna     05-11-15     3  
     Polls Are Closed! Votes Are Counte...   Georganna     05-21-15     10  
         You are aweseom Georganna   SuperGr0ver     05-21-15     12  
             RE: You are aweseom Georganna   Georganna     05-22-15     14  
             Your Wish ...   Georganna     05-22-15     15  
   Earth - Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo...   Georganna     05-13-15     4  
   Water - Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces ...   Georganna     05-13-15     5  
   Fire - Aries, Leo and Sagittarius -...   Georganna     05-13-15     6  
   Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemini - ...   Georganna     05-13-15     7  
     RE: Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemin...   dabo     05-21-15     11  
         RE: Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemin...   Georganna     05-21-15     13  
             Update!   Georganna     05-22-15     16  
   Worlds Apart Review | Welcome!   Georganna     05-25-15     17  
   Worlds Apart Review | The Many Coll...   Georganna     05-25-15     18  
     Worlds Apart Review | The Many Coll...   Georganna     06-04-15     23  
   Worlds Apart Review | Escameca and ...   Georganna     05-25-15     19  
      Worlds Apart Review | Escameca and...   Georganna     06-04-15     24  
   Worlds Apart Review | Merica I   Georganna     05-25-15     20  
     Worlds Apart Review | Merica I   Georganna     06-04-15     25  
   Worlds Apart Review | Merica II   Georganna     05-25-15     21  
     RE: Worlds Apart Review | Merica II   Georganna     06-04-15     26  
   The Movers, Makers and Shakers | In...   Georganna     05-25-15     22  
     The Movers, Makers and Shakers | In...   Georganna     06-04-15     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •