The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Second Chance -..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-21-15, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemin..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-15 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

I hope you'll come back often, dabo.

As for the work ...

I really love to see a Season with returnees. And one that is cast with all returnees is even better. Because I already have all of their biographical information (including birthdates).

Too, with the exception of being very disappointed that Shane isn't making the trip to Cambodia (he has long been one of favorite players), I'm really looking forward to this coming Season not least because, as Pepe has said in another thread, Survivor is at long last actually going to a new and faraway place.

And the Cast of Second Chances should be an interesting group. There will be, as you can see, only one 'grounded' Earth Sign (Tasha | Capricorn) in the Game. And if the Earth and Water Signs were a Majority, that would be a very good thing for Tasha. However, as a member of the Minority, unless she can manage to duplicate Tina's (Earth | Capricorn) extraordinary feat, it is not. At all.

The other eight of the Minority Earth and Water contingent are intuitive | emotional Water Signs. In fact, seven of the Season's ten women are Water natives.

On the other side of the gender fault line, eight of the Season's ten men are impetuous |confrontational (Majority) Fire Signs or analytical | self-centric (Majority) Air natives. Woo and (perhaps) Spencer are the exceptions.

So, the behavioral battle lines are pretty much in concert with those gender fault lines. And those of us in the the audience who prefer our Seasons a bit on the chaotic side should have a merry time of it in the Fall.

In fact, given the natural divisions of this Cast, I wonder if the producers might not revive Exile Island's initial gender-based four-tribe configuration. It would add another whiff of nostalgia to the proceedings and, who knows, we might even get a few truly innovative and interesting Challenges to boot.

Whatever, given its Cast, Second Chances should be fun. It would, however, have been 'funner' with Shane ...

G

Note: I think that it is sometimes forgotten that the producers of the show employ psychological testing and personality typing (and subsequently structure the Games' Tribes) in order to foster entertaining interpersonal dynamics. Survivor's superficial tribal 'tags' are either secondary to that goal or often altogether an afterthought.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival: Second Chance -...   Georganna     05-08-15       
   RE: Signs of Survival: Second Chan...   SuperGr0ver     05-08-15     1  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Second Chan...   Georganna     05-09-15     2  
         Movers, Shakers & Makers   SuperGr0ver     05-13-15     8  
             RE: Movers, Shakers & Makers   Georganna     05-14-15     9  
     PS   Georganna     05-11-15     3  
     Polls Are Closed! Votes Are Counte...   Georganna     05-21-15     10  
         You are aweseom Georganna   SuperGr0ver     05-21-15     12  
             RE: You are aweseom Georganna   Georganna     05-22-15     14  
             Your Wish ...   Georganna     05-22-15     15  
   Earth - Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo...   Georganna     05-13-15     4  
   Water - Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces ...   Georganna     05-13-15     5  
   Fire - Aries, Leo and Sagittarius -...   Georganna     05-13-15     6  
   Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemini - ...   Georganna     05-13-15     7  
     RE: Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemin...   dabo     05-21-15     11  
         RE: Air - Libra, Aquarius and Gemin...   Georganna     05-21-15     13  
             Update!   Georganna     05-22-15     16  
   Worlds Apart Review | Welcome!   Georganna     05-25-15     17  
   Worlds Apart Review | The Many Coll...   Georganna     05-25-15     18  
     Worlds Apart Review | The Many Coll...   Georganna     06-04-15     23  
   Worlds Apart Review | Escameca and ...   Georganna     05-25-15     19  
      Worlds Apart Review | Escameca and...   Georganna     06-04-15     24  
   Worlds Apart Review | Merica I   Georganna     05-25-15     20  
     Worlds Apart Review | Merica I   Georganna     06-04-15     25  
   Worlds Apart Review | Merica II   Georganna     05-25-15     21  
     RE: Worlds Apart Review | Merica II   Georganna     06-04-15     26  
   The Movers, Makers and Shakers | In...   Georganna     05-25-15     22  
     The Movers, Makers and Shakers | In...   Georganna     06-04-15     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •