The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources* "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-15, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources* "

This is the vidcap depository and vidcap discussion thread for Ep11.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Post Show Promo tribephyl 04-23-15 1
   RE: Post Show Promo tribephyl 04-23-15 2
       RE: Post Show Promo suzzee 04-23-15 3
           RE: Post Show Promo kingfish 04-23-15 4
       Wording... Flowerpower1 04-23-15 5
           RE: Wording... Brownroach 04-23-15 6
               RE: Wording... CTgirl 04-23-15 7
                   RE: Wording... Outsider32 04-23-15 8
                   RE: Wording... Brownroach 04-23-15 9
                       RE: Wording... Outsider32 04-24-15 10
                       RE: Wording... kingfish 04-24-15 13
               RE: Wording... Flowerpower1 04-24-15 11
                   RE: Wording... CTgirl 04-24-15 12
                   RE: Wording... Brownroach 04-24-15 14
                   RE: Wording... michel2 04-25-15 15
 4.25 Promo tribephyl 04-26-15 16
 Web Promo tribephyl 04-27-15 17
   RE: Web Promo Flowerpower1 04-28-15 19
 RC SneekPeek tribephyl 04-28-15 18
   RE: RC SneekPeek Flowerpower1 04-28-15 20
       RE: RC SneekPeek michel2 04-28-15 21
           RE: RC SneekPeek Outsider32 04-28-15 22
               RE: RC SneekPeek michel2 04-29-15 24
                   RE: RC SneekPeek Brownroach 04-29-15 26
                       RE: RC SneekPeek Outsider32 04-29-15 27
                       RE: RC SneekPeek michel2 04-29-15 28
 Press Images tribephyl 04-28-15 23
   RE: Press Images Sheldor 04-29-15 25
 2 immunity necklaces tonight! CTgirl 04-29-15 29
   RE: 2 immunity necklaces tonight! michel2 04-29-15 30
 RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analy... Outsider32 04-29-15 31
   RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analy... Sheldor 04-29-15 32
   RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analy... PepeLePew13 04-29-15 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-23-15, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Post Show Promo"
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of Survivorfever.net

JP: Next time on Survivor...

Dan (talking to Mike): You are sooooo much more of a threat now.

JP: Mike is running out of allies.

Mike (camera confessional): I've got nothing to lose at this point. I'm already their number one public enemy.

JP: While Tyler turns on one of his own.

Tyler (camera confessional): Game on. I've got to find a way to get into his bag.

Tyler (talking to Carolyn): I grabbed Dan's bag...
...He gets an extra vote.

Carolyn: Wow.

04-23-15, 01:30 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Post Show Promo"
Is this at camp? Or Reward?

I don't recall seeing this structure at camp.

It looks similar to a Casa de Charmin or some sort of shower based reward.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-15, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Post Show Promo"
Funny you should point this out. The first thing that came to mind when I looked at these was that Mike looked awfully well groomed in these shots.

I should be watched....closely.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-15, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Post Show Promo"
He does, doesn't he.

It would be a convenient time for Tyler to peek into Dan's bag if Mike, while pulling out all the stops after winning RC invites Dan to share reward with him in an effort to influence his vote. They would have to go straight to reward from RC, which they usually do.

It's interesting that Dan once again is lecturing another survivor. He really is an obnoxious person. Hopefully Mike can let him act intellectual and feel superior, because I think that then will it be possible given Dan's temperament for him to be sympathetic to Mike. If Mike listens (pretends at least), he becomes Dan's student, and thus can be protected by Dan.

Lots of ifs.

Flowerpower1 4361 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-23-15, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Wording..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-15 AT 08:08 AM (EST)

Gotta love the verbiage in this promo:

JP: While Tyler turns on one of his own.

Are you kidding me, Jiffy? For Tyler to turn on one of his own, it would have to be Carolyn. Or, perhaps one of Carolyn, Rodney, or Will. He's never been with Dan or Sierra.

All of this verbiage from last nights show and this promo is forcing us to think that now Tyler is with Dan and Sierra just as much as he's with Rodney, Will, and Carolyn, which we know just is NOT so.

I just can't help but feel it's too much manipulation by the editors.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-15, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wording..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-15 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

That was another thing I didn't get about last night's episode -- when Carolyn, Rodney et al were all worried that Dan "wasn't with them anymore" because he was talking to Mike. But Dan was never "with them". And anyway, by that time they couldn't get rid of Mike (Rodney's Plan A), since Mike had won immunity. So what specifically did that group need Dan for?

Okay, rereading the ECST, I guess they were afraid that Mike and Sierra with the help of Jenn and Shirin would be targetting one of them (i.e. Carolyn). So Dan, if he went with M/S/J/S, would have made it a 5-4 vote. But they all ended up splitting the vote between Jenn and Shirin, with only Jenn voting for Carolyn. So I get it. I think. The editing seems to be deliberately omitting stuff that would help make sense of what's going on.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-15, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wording..."
If Mike is the winner, I think they are manipulating the editing to seem like he is in more trouble than he really is. And they are really forcing that!

Outsider32 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-15, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wording..."
Its pretty obvious Mike is the winner. If not, it's Tyler.

04-23-15, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wording..."
Precisely. I said in the ECST that we are being played. I think the bit about Mike having only Shirin and Jenn to depend on was in there to suggest that his paranoia is justified, that everyone else has turned against him. (And yet, he helped vote Jenn out.)

04-24-15, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wording..."
Mike is going about things the wrong way. He wants to get rid of Tyler and Carolyn as a cop out to stay loyal to blue. He doesn't realize with Rodney gone he could gain allys in Tyler and Carolyn but he instead wants to keep two dangerous players around who could screw up his game. Keeping Shirin is bad for Mike, she could flip to get him out right after Carolyn or Tyler. Keeping Rodney is bad for Mike if Shirin is around.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-15, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wording..."
(And yet, he helped vote Jenn out.)

So did Shirin, which was also puzzling until Jenn offered up an explanation for that in her RTVW interview. Which, even though those interviews are often mostly self serving, seems genuine.

04-24-15, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wording..."
Okay, rereading the ECST, I guess they were afraid that Mike and Sierra with the help of Jenn and Shirin would be targetting one of them (i.e. Carolyn). So Dan, if he went with M/S/J/S, would have made it a 5-4 vote. But they all ended up splitting the vote between Jenn and Shirin, with only Jenn voting for Carolyn. So I get it. I think. The editing seems to be deliberately omitting stuff that would help make sense of what's going on.

"So I get it. I think."

Well, "if" you get it, can you explain it further to me? Let's see if I can recount this.

1. Shirin goes to Mike and Sierra to join them. He tests her and she passes. *Did Mike or Sierra tell the others that Shirin had done this or not?*
2. Mike over hears Rodney/Will/Carolyn/Tyler talking about targeting him.
*Mike must tell Sierra/Dan, before confronting them all at camp?
3. Mike tries to pull a fast one at the RC and get that advantage, he feels threatened.
4. Return to camp where Mike exposes Rodney/Carolyn/Tyler/Will.
5. Everyone including Sierra and Dan, his closest allies are now vehemently against him ~ This is where I have a problem. Why would Dan and Sierra not trust him at this point? Has Rodney convinced everyone that the one to get out after Joe as the most threatening is Mike??
6. Did Mike and Shirin vote Jenn because they knew the vote would be split and didn't want it to be Shirin or, are they just in on the vote? Editing wants us to believe it is the latter as Carolyn kept saying, our 6, while Shirin kept saying 4 + 2 vs 3?

Biggest question: Has Rodney been in cahoots with Dan and Sierra ALL along? Why did Sierra turn her back on Mike....Mike said he knew he didn't have Sierra anymore because she wouldn't even look at him. Something has had to HAPPEN that we just haven't seen. It's too much of a descent from the prior editing, imo.

04-24-15, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wording..."
I agree, big hole in the edited story. Rodney must fall short so they can't tell all of his story even if he's played the best game to date because he's not the winner.

04-24-15, 02:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Wording..."
What I think I get is why the Rodney 4 was so nervous about Dan. They wanted Dan with them ultimately, not to boot Mike this time since that was impossible, but so Dan couldn't help boot one of the Rodney 4 this time. And we did hear Mike discussing with Shirin that they should blindside Carolyn.

But we never saw how the split vote plan came about in the end. The only time a Jenn boot was mentioned was by Will, when Rodney asked him which one of Shirin or Jenn should go next when they first got back to camp. But apparently Shirin, at least, knew about the split vote plan going into TC. I think both she and Mike were well aware of what was going to happen. I guess they kept the "blindside Carolyn" plan afloat in order to fool Jenn?

michel2 4529 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-15, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wording..."
"Why would Dan and Sierra not trust (Mike) at this point? Has Rodney convinced everyone that the one to get out after Joe as the most threatening is Mike??"

I think it's the exact opposite. Rodney would NEVER have mentioned targeting Mike to Dan and Sierra. To them, he must have been saying Jenn and Shirin had to go next since he wanted to wait for F7 to pounce on Mike. At F7, he wouldn't need Dan and Sierra anymore.

Mike told Dan and Sierra that he overheard Rodney saying that they were voting against him next and that they formed the Final Four. We clearly heard Dan's reply to that: "I can tell you that I saw us all as tight. All of us have talked about final 5, 4 and 3. All of us have. We are all looking at the end game. It doesn’t mean they are going to make the move early.”

In other words, Dan didn't find it odd that Rodney spoke about Final 4 to Tyler, Carolyn and Will because he saw it as a way to keep them in control until Jenn and Shirin left. It was something that they all did.

Dan still thought the 4 Blue Collars were tight, that Mike heard Rodney lying to the other voters. In Dan's mind, Tyler, Carolyn and Will were the ones being used until the Blue Collars gained majority. Then Mike's dickhead move at the auction made them think he had gone mad. It excused Rodney's attacks on him but Rodney probably still didn't tell them that Mike was his real target and that he was bummed to see him immune.

While Jenn gave her side of the story, I wouldn't be surprised if Mike voted against her to prove his trust to Dan. I'll leave the rest of my thoughts on that for the editing thread.

04-26-15, 02:12 AM (EST)
16. "4.25 Promo"
Thanks SF

Tyler: Dan's got an advantage in this game. It's in his bag. I've got to find a way to get into his bag. Game on!

04-27-15, 12:58 PM (EST)
17. "Web Promo"
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

Tyler (camera confessional): Dan's got an advantage in this game.

Dan (winning the advantage at the auction): Yeah, baby!

Dan (sitting on beach): An extra vote. It's like the Willy Wonka golden ticket.

Tyler: What makes me nervous is how dangerous the advantage is. Dan and Sierra could flip.

Tyler (camera confessional): It's in his bag.

Dan (camera confessional): I have schemes brewing.

Sierra (camera confessional): You have to strike when you get the chance.

Tyler (camera confessional): I've got to find a way to get into his bag. Game on!

04-28-15, 07:35 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Web Promo"
The latest promo pits Tyler vs. Dan. Tyler is saying that Sierra and Dan could flip back and vote with Mike/Shirin against one of them. We hear Dan say with the golden ticket, "schemes are brewing".

Will one of them go? Tyler or Dan?

04-28-15, 01:11 AM (EST)
18. "RC SneekPeek"
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

JP: Alright, running for blue it is Mike, Shirin, Sierra and Rodney.

JP: Running for red it is Tyler, Dan, Carolyn and Will. Here we go for a nice reward.

JP: Survivors ready? Go!

JP: Pretty simple. Four barrels, two planks and rope.

JP: Question is, how to most effectively use these items to transport four people from one end to the other without ever touching the ground.

JP: That includes your planks. They can't touch either.

Tyler: We're gonna to have to get up here.

JP: This is going to be all about figuring out a system. What to do. How do you move forward?

Mike (talking to Sierra): Don't stand on the barrel.

Mike: I got you.

JP: Very different strategies. Blue going with barrels on their side. Red going with barrels straight up.

Dan: There you go, I got him. Perfect, just like that.

JP: Mike flat out risking sliding off and falling on the sand. Trying to set up these barrels.

JP: Mike doing a lot of work.

JP: A plank falls but does not touch.

JP: A nice save.

04-28-15, 07:39 AM (EST)
20. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
Mike is the human bridge, and Blue wins....

04-28-15, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
But he can't go on reward with Dan. It will give him a chance to talk to Sierra but he'll be stuck with Rodney.

04-28-15, 09:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
We already saw Mike and Dan together on the reward. I'm thinking red wins and Tyler gives up his reward so that while Dan is away on reward Tyler can get in his bag.

04-29-15, 00:17 AM (EST)
24. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
But Tyler isn't on the winning team.

04-29-15, 01:46 AM (EST)
26. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 01:49 AM (EST)

How do we know that the blue team wins the RC? Just because of the "human bridge" reference?

04-29-15, 02:10 AM (EST)
27. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
Thats what I was about to say, I don't think it meant his team wins. But that just makes too much sense I mean none of these people saw SJDS so they know nothing about the giving up rewards that went on. Why would Shirin, Sierra, or Rodney give up their reward? Rodney's complained about not having one, Sierra is not that strategic, and Shirin would rather be on the reward than at camp with the other four. I don't think they are gonna let the four of them invite one more person with half already going on reward.

04-29-15, 10:31 AM (EST)
28. "RE: RC SneekPeek"
Why mention if it's not the winning strategy? Also, Tyler would never give his reward to Mike just before the crucial IC. If anything, he'd give it to Rodney. How do we know that the shot of Mike and Dan is taken during the reward?

04-28-15, 11:57 PM (EST)
23. "Press Images"

Sheldor 4619 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-15, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Press Images"
THANKS tribephyl!

Thought maybe some of the captions from CBS.com might be useful.

Survivor Worlds Apart
Press Images - Episode 11
Date: 4.28.15
http://www.survivorfever.net/images30/s30_press_images_ep11.html

CBS.com Photos Album

A Twisted Survivor Challenge Leads To One Heated Confrontation (22 photos)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1004023/a-twisted-survivor-challenge-leads-to-one-heated-confrontation/

Posting Press Images in order from CBS.com photo album with captions
Note: This is NOT chronological order!

_0029
"Survivor Russian Roulette"
Will Sims II, Rodney Lavoie Jr., Carolyn Rivera and Shirin Oskooi
_0010
Jeff gathers the group
Jeff Probst addresses the Tribe before the Immunity Challenge
_0001
Lining up for the hardest challenge yet
The Tribe competes for Individual Immunity
_0002
No splashing around here
Dan Foley, Rodney Lavoie Jr. and Sierra Dawn Thomas
_0003
Water works
Will Sims II, Carolyn Rivera, Mike Holloway, Tyler Fredrickson and Shirin Oskooi
_0006
Rodney tries to focus on the challenge
Rodney Lavoie Jr.
_0005
Holding on for dear life
Mike Holloway, Tyler Fredrickson and Shirin Oskooi
_0004
Dan and Rodney keep it up
Dan Foley and Rodney Lavoie Jr.
_0008
Shirin's giving it her all
Shirin Oskooi competes
_0007
Mike lifts his weight
Mike Holloway
_0030
Someone is excited
Jeff Probst
_0013
Mike in the wilderness
Mike Holloway
_0020
An extra vote
An extra vote is displayed
_0024
Quite the challenge
The award (sic) challenge
_0011
The eleventh episode
Tyler Fredrickson, Sierra Dawn Thomas, Dan Foley, Will Sims II, Rodney Lavoie Jr., Carolyn Rivera and Shirin Oskooi
_0025
Addressing the tribe
Jeff Probst addresses the Tribe before the Reward Challenge
_0026
Roll it
Survivors compete for the reward
_0028
Stretching out
Jeff Probst watches Mike Holloway stretch out
_0031
Jeff and the beautiful ocean
Jeff Probst
_0032
A Survivor sunset
A beautiful scenic
_0022
The Ponderosa clan comes to camp
Hali Ford, Joe Anglim and Jenn Brown
_0021
These three come to Tribal Council
Hali Ford, Joe Anglim and Jenn Brown
The following Press Images are NOT posted on CBS.com
_0009
_0012
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0023
_0027

04-29-15, 10:33 AM (EST)
29. "2 immunity necklaces tonight!"
http://www.people.com/article/survivor-worlds-apart-exclusive-immunity-challenge-preview-two-necklaces

They usually do this at the merge, not at F8.

04-29-15, 11:04 AM (EST)
30. "RE: 2 immunity necklaces tonight!"
So, two necklaces, two idols and one person with two votes? Also, the women have a 1 in 3 shot at immunity while the guys have a 1 in 5 chance. Pretty dumb rules if you ask me.

04-29-15, 06:20 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources* "
The laughing jurors could mean that they see two immunity necklaces and Mike and Shirin have both of them. While Carolyn is into fitness, she is also a 53. Shirin might have stronger hands than Carolyn.

Sheldor 4619 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-15, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources* "
On the flip side Carolyn held up her body weight in "Get A Grip" hanging onto the pole defeating everyone but Joe.

Also this has challenge has been done 3 times and the winners were all their forties except for Carter. (Terry in Panama, Denise & Carter in Philippines, and Monica in BvW). So age doesn't seem to be a big factor. Light weight and grip strength.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-15, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: S30 | Episode 11 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources* "
The jurors could be giddy for several reasons:

- They see that both Mike and Shirin are safe with IIs.
- Mike plays his HII on Shirin to protect her as he has the II himself.
- There's a tie vote and they realize that the only ones who have to pick rocks are all from the Rodney Gang.
- They find out that Dan has an extra vote and he's sticking together with Mike on the vote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •