The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-15, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

Welcome to the State of the Spoiling for Episode 9,

“Livin’ on the Edge”

which sums up the current state of the No Collar tribe! We don’t have much information to work with this week. For some reason all the press photos were from last week’s episode and the immunity challenge and John Kirhoffer videos weren’t released until last night (after I had already written my SOTS! We didn't get much information until late. The press photos were just added this afternoon. I am disappointed that there was so little information for me to work with when I was writing this since this is my first SOTS in many years, but let’s see what we do have.

The CBS press release reads, ONE CASTAWAY CREATES A FAKE IDOL AND CRAFTS A PLAN TO PREVENT BEING ELIMINATED. Discussion on the title and clues can be found here. The general consensus is that Joe, the jeweler, is the fake idol maker. But will he use it, will he need to use it, who will he show it too? CBS gives us no hints. I have been thinking all week that either Jenn or Joe will be going home this week. There is no hint of anyone else in the vidcaps. We didn’t even get a look at this potentially valuable piece of craftwork because all CBS wants us to see is Jenn threatening to quit and the slippy, slidey, dangerously head-banging reward challenge. We know it’s for reward because the survivors are divided into two teams red and blue. Discussion about the vidcaps is here. FloPo and Sheldor have figured out who is on which team:

Red Team: Rodney, Will, Joe, Jenn, Carolyn
vs.
Blue Team: Dan, Tyler, Shirin, Mike, Sierra

Fun!

Ouch!

I think Blue team wins reward and is off on an excursion and Jenn is back at camp complaining to Joe and Rodney.

Rodney's facial expressions are gold!

In confessional Jenn says, “It's just not fun. People suck. I've got nothing out here except for despair.”

Later (She has her sweatshirt on and Joe's hair is down) she talks to Joe:

Joe: Do you want to go, really?
Jenn: Yeah.

And a third time (no bathing suit, buff on head) in confessional, “It sounds pathetic but I don't care.”

She does say, I’m going to give them a reason to kick me out, but we see no evidence of her doing anything. It appears that she crumbles when Survivor is no longer fun. This is not the same Survivor that commented after going surfing, “NO Collars lives are kind of about having fun, nothing is too serious out here. I don't know why everyone takes this game so seriously.”
Addendum: but now we have received these press photos of the red team yucking it up back at camp. And I will admit that Jenn in 3 different situations complaining is a bit of overkill!

The immunity challenge is the same one Spencer won in Cagayan. We see Joe wobbling early on but I am going to go out on a limb and say that he pulls it out because he wants it more than anyone else.

The promos were all about Jenn’s desire to be out of the game. She gets her wish. There is no evidence that any scrambling, hidden immunity idols or shake ups or any other kind of shenigans occur this week. I think Joey Amazing, the Golden Boy just might squeak by for another week. I also think Joe is safe because of Michel's expert dissection of and our discussion about the edit, the characters and their stories. He states that this season has come down to Joe versus Mike and its too early for Joe to exit if that is the case.

With the addition of the post-reward photos today, I have to wonder if this could be an elaborate ruse by CBS to hide the boot by trying to make everyone think that Jenn is quitting. If that is the case, Dan's horrible edit last week would put him at the top of my list! Also if Joe doesn't win immunity, he is toast. If we get anymore information, I will add it to the SOTS.

I will leave you with this last image. It could mean a blindside, it could mean Dan said something stupid, it could be 'oh no, I have to spend the next 3 days with this person,' it could be as Jenn is getting voted out, it could mean so many things!

Tribe is keeping a running compilation of all the exit interviews.
Dabo is our resident keeper of the Confessionals Tally
We speculate about Social Media Spoiling.
FloPo revisits what JP says.
Lastly VOTE!

To recap:

Reward challenge is won by the blue team: Dan, Tyler, Shirin, Mike, Sierra
Immunity is won by Joe because he needs it the most
Bootee: Jenn (Alt. Dan)

Let me know what you think. We got so much information late that we never had a chance to discuss it!

Outdone by Agman

*waves to Alaginger*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... michel2 04-14-15 1
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Murphy3126 04-14-15 2
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... suzzee 04-15-15 3
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... suzzee 04-15-15 4
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Scarlett O Hara 04-15-15 14
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Flowerpower1 04-15-15 5
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Murphy3126 04-15-15 6
       RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... coldbrewer 04-15-15 10
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Brownroach 04-15-15 7
       RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Flowerpower1 04-15-15 9
       RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... coldbrewer 04-15-15 11
           RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Brownroach 04-15-15 12
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... tribephyl 04-15-15 8
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... CTgirl 04-15-15 13
   RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Georganna 04-15-15 16
 RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the ... Scarlett O Hara 04-15-15 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 4530 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-14-15, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Great Job. CTGirl. There was so much late news that I missed most of it so it was great to have it all here. There is so much about Jenn wanting to quit that it could be so that the viewers don't feel too bad when she is voted out. I,m with you on that vote.

As for Hali's picture, it certainly could be taken when she realizes that Jenn is toast or saw that Joe didn't have the necklace. Of course, it could also be: "My tooth hurts" or "Hiccup...too much whiskey".

Murphy3126 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-15, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Murphy3126 Click to send private message to Murphy3126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
I'm partial to the "Oh no, I have to spend the next 3 days with this person (Dan)."

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
It's a great SOTS CT. If SeeBS is going to withhold all the information (or lack of it, it seems) until the last minute you have to go with what's there.

Ladies and Gentlemen, David Bowie <2015>

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
It's a great SOTS CT. If SeeBS is going to withhold all the information (or lack of it, it seems) until the last minute you have to go with what's there.

Ladies and Gentlemen, David Bowie

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-15, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
*** Looks up at Suzzee's new duds and swoons ***

Flowerpower1 4364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-15, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-15 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

Great job, CTGirl, in a very difficult week! Judging by the look on Hali's face at TC...

It appears that something bad is happening to someone she likes. It could be Joe, Jenn, or Shirin. I just don't want us to discount Shirin.

Logically it should be Jenn. Especially since she WANTS to go. But, they are hitting us over the head with it...

Joe most likely does win IC, and is making jewelry to fake others out regarding the HII. We also know that the big twist is not in effect yet. I do believe that the twist will be spelled out in the note that accompanies the remaining HII. If Joe wins immunity would he share a fake HII with Jenn to pull off at TC? But, Jenn is telling him that she wants to go home.

Just saying if Joe is flaunting a fake HII to someone, and it gets back to the "others" that he has it, and then wins immunity, could he bluff for he and Jenn. If so, then I could see Shirin going.

Shirin was the first person suggested last week to boot. It was Mike that got them to switch the vote to Hali. Dan hates her, Carolyn hates her, Tyler doesn't like her, Rodney hates her. She would be an easy choice. Last week she was shown to be arrogant, that she didn't think she had anything to worry about.

Just don't want to dismiss Shirin so quickly. I really don't think Joe will go yet, but he could! So, for me it's looking like Jen, but I can't discount Shirin quite yet either.

Shirin is also squeezed into the promos. In the first preview promo:

In the press images:

And in the last promo as well, squeezed in like as in the CT girl theory...

Finally, here are her confessionals, (thanks dabo):

2 1 2 1 3 3 2 3, she's been on an arc for the past 4 eps. It could crash and burn this week.

Logically, it should be either Joe or Jenn, but these people have made illogical choices each week on who to boot, booting non-threatening girls...Kelly, Hali, etc. So, a case for Shirin.

Murphy3126 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-15, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Murphy3126 Click to send private message to Murphy3126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-15-15
>AT 11:17 AM (EST)

>
"Judging by the look on Hali's face at TC... "
>
>
>
>"It appears that something bad is happening to someone she likes."

Seems like it would not be something so obvious as a reaction to a vote. The way promos are so misleading, I think it might be a reaction to something Dan or Rodney said at TC, maybe to Shirin.

coldbrewer 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-15, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
To warrant that reaction from Hali, it has to be either Jenn or Shirin...or Joe. I'm leaning more towards Shirin. Maybe that conversation between Dan and Shirin was to point out, in stone, that she has no game, and her story arc has ended?

For Hali to smile/grin, it would have to be a blue-collar.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-15 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

I'm also thinking about Shirin, FloPo. The conversation with Dan last week could very well have been setting up her boot.

Mike told the tribe (or some of them) that he saw Joe find the idol. And they didn't vote for Joe last time. So if they thought he had an idol, they'll think he still has it, and at least split their votes. Dan believes that Joe would never give Shirin the idol, so she'd likely be the other target. (Also, fake idolcraft notwithstanding, Joe may find the real idol this week, or win immunity since he needs it, as CTgirl proposes.)

Nice job on the SOTS, CTgirl!

Flowerpower1 4364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-15, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
One last thing to ponder regarding a Shirin or Jenn boot. Mike has said a couple of times that he really needed to find the HII because as soon as Joe goes he realizes it won't be long before the "others" consider him a threat. That's why he needed that idol so badly. Just as Tony kept Spencer around. I just don't think that Mike is ready to part with Joe yet either. It has a lot to do with timing.

coldbrewer 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-15, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
I just noticed I copied your first paragraph. Haha

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
So are you going to change your vote from "Job" to Shirin?☺️

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Even with the 'lack of' and 'lateness of' the scant information... YOU, CTgirl, knocked the SOTS outta the park.

I'm with you the entire way. almost...
Even though I agree with your bootee choice, I don't believe Joe will win the IC.
I think Jenn/Joe both go into TC knowing they aren't immune and that sets the stage for the fake idol to cause the BC-bloc to split votes between Joe and Jenn. 4 each, the one whom doesn't play an idol will go OR upon revote Joe will go.
Jenn, not wanting to be there, one, and not wanting Joe to go in her stead, will ask Joe to vote for her, she will vote for someone else... essentially causing her bootation. 5 to 4 to 1

So you're a TVCH lurker as well?

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-15, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-15 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

I like your hypothesis Tribe. I do believe that with the oddly timed release of the press pics and vids that something hinky is going to happen and it won't be a straight up vote. I've also considered that Jenn wins immunity and gives it to Joe.
But your idea fits with the clue about the fake idol and the fact that Jenn wants out.

all because of you Tribe! She gives such nice shout-outs to us all!

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-15, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Jenn, not wanting to be there, one, and not wanting Joe to go in her stead, will ask Joe to vote for her, she will vote for someone else... essentially causing her bootation. 5 to 4 to 1

Is that up there not a little like this down here?:

So, I do think that if Jenn becomes convinced that she can’t win the Game, she could very well quit or do her best to make certain that she is voted out.

ETA: Too, I think that it is possible that, convinced that she can't win the Game, Jenn could well take a final swipe at the Blue Collars by saving Joe (or even Shirin) via her own withdrawal from it.

G ...

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-15, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S30 - Episode 9 - State of the Spoiling (SOTS)"
Great job on the SOTS CT Girl!! Just like the old times!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •