The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 4330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-08-15, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
You know the drill! No communicating about this episode on the boards except in this thread during the show air time from EST to after the PT. Please no siggies!

I may be running a bit late so if you all want to start it out! GO FOR IT!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 And the secret word Probst hype thi... dabo 04-08-15 1
 Post TC Brownroach 04-08-15 2
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... dabo 04-08-15 3
 Previously on Survivor.... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 4
 More stuff at camp Brownroach 04-08-15 5
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... dabo 04-08-15 6
 RC Brownroach 04-08-15 7
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... PepeLePew13 04-08-15 8
   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... michel2 04-08-15 30
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... dabo 04-08-15 9
 Post intro.... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 10
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... PepeLePew13 04-08-15 11
   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Brownroach 04-08-15 14
 Post RC Brownroach 04-08-15 12
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... dabo 04-08-15 13
 Post RC.... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 15
   RE: Post RC.... PepeLePew13 04-08-15 17
       RE: Post RC.... PepeLePew13 04-08-15 19
 Idol Hunting, Part 2 Brownroach 04-08-15 16
 IC Brownroach 04-08-15 18
   RE: IC dabo 04-08-15 21
 Pre IC.... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 20
 Post IC Brownroach 04-08-15 22
   TC Brownroach 04-08-15 23
       RE: TC PepeLePew13 04-08-15 24
       RE: TC dabo 04-08-15 27
           RE: TC michel2 04-08-15 32
               Hindsight Brownroach 04-08-15 38
                   RE: Hindsight Flowerpower1 04-09-15 44
                       RE: Hindsight CTgirl 04-09-15 46
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Outsider32 04-08-15 25
   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... PepeLePew13 04-08-15 26
       RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Outsider32 04-08-15 35
           RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Brownroach 04-08-15 36
               And the First Member of Our Jury, H... Georganna 04-08-15 37
               RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... coldbrewer 04-09-15 41
                   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Georganna 04-09-15 42
                   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... CTgirl 04-09-15 49
 Rodney got the post IC conf??? Hmmm... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 28
   RE: Rodney got the post IC conf??? ... CTgirl 04-09-15 47
 Next time Brownroach 04-08-15 29
   RE: Next time Georganna 04-09-15 43
   RE: Next time Round Robin 04-10-15 56
       RE: Next time PepeLePew13 04-10-15 57
 Next time on Survivor.... Flowerpower1 04-08-15 31
   RE: Next time on Survivor.... Brownroach 04-08-15 33
       RE: Next time on Survivor.... CTgirl 04-08-15 39
   RE: Next time on Survivor.... CTgirl 04-09-15 50
       RE: Next time on Survivor.... Georganna 04-11-15 61
 Hali Flowerpower1 04-08-15 34
   RE: Hali CTgirl 04-08-15 40
   RE: Hali Corvis7 04-09-15 45
       RE: Hali coldbrewer 04-09-15 51
       RE: Hali PepeLePew13 04-09-15 52
           RE: Hali Brownroach 04-09-15 53
       RE: Hali Flowerpower1 04-09-15 54
 The Mike Show Murphy3126 04-09-15 48
   RE: The Mike Show Flowerpower1 04-09-15 55
 RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... dabo 04-11-15 58
   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... Georganna 04-11-15 59
   RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoil... coldbrewer 04-11-15 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-15, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "And the secret word Probst hype this week is.."
best

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-15, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Post TC"
"Well played, Jenn." Rodney thinks Mike is responsible, for turning the vote away from Hali. He talks to Will about Mike running the ship until they can take over. Mike tells Jenn he respects her play. Jenn says the Nocollars are ready to win and she wants to mess with people. (ordinarily this could be a bad confessional. Let's see...)

04-08-15, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Rodney rewrites history again. Counting on "Mama C."
Too damn funny.

04-08-15, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Previously on Survivor...."
I made it home on time! Let the show begin! <3

After 17days Nagarote and Esc finally merged, one tribe battling it out for a million. At the first IC Joe outlasted all the rest, at the IC, Mike wanted to test Wills allegiance, but the real battle for power was between BC who was targeting Jenn, and NC who was targeting Kelly, and WC in the middle....deciding who gains control...at TC shirin stuck with the NC< while Carolyn Tyler and Will sided with the majority but #s don't matter when an Idol is played, 7th voted out, Kelly, in the end Kelly was voted out....

back at camp at night, welcome to Survivor ladies and gents, well played, Rod: seeing Kelly go broke my heart, I put it on mike, Mike is the leader that changed up the vote to test Will, mike's an idiot redneck straight up
See Rodney and Will: Rodney: Mike is running the show and look what's happening, 7 to 4, you better ride with me, give me the love, we got you me tyler and mama C, all of us on board, I love my blues but it will be interesting stuff when it gets down to 7. Once Joe, Hali, Jenn, Shirin, We are going to run the ship.

Mike in the shelter to Jenn: great job, it didn't go with what I wanted to happen to night, sorry to disappoint you, Jenn in conf: I played my idol, Mike to Jenn, but I respect that play, it was sweet

Jenn: Joe Hali and I were so stoked and the rest of the tribe were poor Kelly
Jenn: I love to mess with the other alliance, want to mess with them while I can because it provides me with entertainment...

04-08-15, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "More stuff at camp"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

Rodney doesn't like the food apportioning. He "doesn't be fake." But he definitely be irritating.

04-08-15, 08:09 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That is a seriously big salami getting all sliced to pieces.

04-08-15, 08:16 PM (EST)
7. "RC"
Pizza picnic at bottom of zipline.

Balance beams while untying bags.

Joe flying through. He and Mike are in the lead. Joe moving on. Mike moving on. And Hali moving on. That's it. Anchor Puzzle now. Joe and Hali doing well. Now Mike back in it. But... Joe wins reward!

He must pick three people to go with him: Tyler, Will, Carolyn. But he needs to pick one more. Rodney disvolunteers? Joe picks Shirin to make 5. Mike gets walkoff confessional, worrying about HII clue.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-15, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Joe's really playing the game... picks Carolyn, Will and Tyler to go with him on the reward along with Shirin. Surprised he didn't take Dan or Sierra along instead of Shirin, though.

michel2 4506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-08-15, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Joe tried hard with Tyler and the girls will be trying their luck with Sierra later on but there's one thing that they are miising: All three reds are tight AND likable. The four Blues are not as tight and certainly not as likable. Why flip?

04-08-15, 08:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
And now Rodney is upset because he talked his own way out of getting to share reward.

WEIRD!

04-08-15, 08:19 PM (EST)
10. "Post intro...."
After the intro, I am concerned for Jenn....just vibes...?

AM: rainbow, day 20 see them eating fish and salami...Rodney wants the girls to throw in more scoops of rice...Rod: ever since Joe and his stooges came over they run the show, but anytime I get mad I am going to go away punch a tree and come back....

then see Shirin and Sierra talking...see Rodney: the way I grew up respect is earned not just given, if I don't respect you you are going to know it....he's arguing with Shirin and Jenn...arguing about skin on the salami...Rodney says Shirin is the most pointless person in the game, we are 7 they are 4, we just have to weed out the garbage...

Come on in guys to the RC:

arriving on the mat...make your way across balance beams collect puzzle bags, first 3 to collect all 3 bags, go to next round to do puzzle, first to complete wins

Canapy of the rain forest, zipline, pizza picnic, fun after noon

Go: Dan takes a hard fall, Shirin falls, beams are not easy, balance while untying bags, Joe with first bag, then Jenn, then Mike, then Hali, Sierra Tyler, looking for 3 people, they are all across with first bag except Shiring, can't do the balance beam, Joe with second bag, flying through the challenge, Jo and mike, then Hali, Sierra, Tyler, Joe with final bag, Mike with second bag, and Hali with final bag.
Joe and mike hug

Second round, Hali, Joe, and Mike must finish puzzle

getting the pieces out of the bag....putting together a rusty anchor, 1 BC, 2 NC battling it out....Mike off to a fast start
Hali making progress
it will only finish one way
Hali picking up alot of momentum, now Joe moving quickly, Mike not making much progress, Hali and Joe, Mike falling out of this challenge, Halie has 5 pieces, Joe has 4....last few pieces difficult, Joe removes an entire section, Mike not giving up, Mike back in this....Joe trying to figure soothing out, Mike down to 4, Joe down to 4.....Joe wins reward!

Joe come on over, good job joe, see Rodney....ziplining, pizza, picks Tyler to join him, plus Will.....in the last challenge Mama C did it right, so she earned a reward....pick one final person to join us....Rodney is arguing....it's 7 vs you....he picks Shirin....she says shut up!!!! he picks her, she runs to hug him, and Rodney gives him the evil eye, Shirin is crying and Hali says have fun....Joe talks smack to them, and Jenn says I f'g hat you to Rod

Mike gets the last confessional: Joe winning this reward was devastating cause probably getting a clue to the HII on this, I don't know how I am going to beat him, this is where the rubber hits the road man....

04-08-15, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That was a weird bit between Dan and Shirin. Methinks they're setting up next week's boot story.

04-08-15, 08:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Or maybe Dan for tonight? Not really convinced, but seems they want to make it seem possible...

04-08-15, 08:30 PM (EST)
12. "Post RC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-15 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

Zipline fun shots. Shirin's landing is too fast. She doesn't want to be dining with Carolyn. Carolyn thinks Joe's picks were smart. Joe notices something in Carolyn's soda. He takes it, and sucks out an HII clue. Tyler sees him do it. And Joe sees Tyler see him do it.

Joe and Tyler read the clue together. Mike is stalking them. He thinks Joe is trying to woo Tyler. Mike more or less confronts Tyler, Tyler gives him a vague description of what the clue says. Mike now chasing after Joe.

Mike comes back and lies to tribe that he saw Joe find the idol and put it in his pocket, though he saw no such thing. He "congratulates" Joe.

Joe tells Hali he didn't find it, but that Mike thinks he does. Joe thinks it's good that people think he has it.

Cut to Dan telling Shirin her game is over. Joe will never give her the HII, and she will be toast, because she is so annoying. (That was an interesting non-sequitur of sorts.)

04-08-15, 08:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Jenn vanishes, Mike is jumping way ahead to own the top of the totem pole, and Dan knows spit about dealing with women.

04-08-15, 08:34 PM (EST)
15. "Post RC...."
See the reward, them zip lining, first Tyler, ..then Joe....I won reward and it felt fantastic floating over the jungle, I have never been before it was fantastic, myself carolyn, tyler will and shirin....Shirin came in too fast, I couldn't believe my luck, I got to go with Carolyn, dang I don't like her and didn't want her to have a cool adventure. CarolyN: so excited there is pizza and soda and wine....interesting who he picked, no BC's smart ove....I looked over and though I saw something in carolyns bottle of soda, I grabbed it I saw there was a note in the bottom, I tried to chug it and look over at me....Tyler saw me, so trying to figure out our plan, w'll talk about that

Tyler, out of the corner of my eye I saw Joe almost choke on the HII clue, but I sat on it....the HII could definitely give us options...if Joe finds it, that also opens up new options....

Moon at night now...Day 21, see Tyler awake, see Joe, it wasn't fairly twilight, waiting for me to get up, I will share the clue with Tyler, make us close and bonded....Mike, I am sitting in the chair acting like I am sleeping, I see them get up, I figure they got a clue, the whole time I am tracking them down the beach, spy vs spy, staying camouflaged so they can't see me....Joe shares it with Tyler....Mike says why would Joe be showing Tyler the HII clue unless he's trying to win him over....
Now in the AM....

Joe reads the clue but in moments Mike is upon us, I have to be careful about alienating the group that I am with....Tyler says he's got the clue but he hasn't told anybody....Tyler tells Mike the clue, thus began a mad dash and Mike was leading the insanity....where ever Joe is that is where the clue is taking him....they go after him....they are all tracking Joe, find Joe before he finds the idol, I feel once Joe is out of the game if I don't have some thing in my back pocket I will be the next one out of the game....Mike finds him.....I want a bigger target on Joes back, Ididn't see him get one, so I head to the river....Mikes says, good job on finding the idol....tells everyone he has it, tells everyone that he saw him put it in his pocket

Joe in conf: tells everyone, Mike spoiled my plan, mike is convinced that I have it, but I don't to Hali, but if I lay back then it's like I have it....see bunch of toads hopping, Shirin to Dan, are you worried about the idol? Dan says that jhe is more surprised at you, to Shirin, you are a fan, why would you side yourself on the short side of the stick....you are like me....why would you, ? Because I have plans, you are just one of joes minions....Dan tells her your game is over....Why can't you do basic math....she tells him that she has plans...you just don't understand, he tells her her game is over and laughs, once again another Fan that cannot do basic math, Shinini, can't stand her, she annoys me so much, I cannot wait till her torch goes out. Dear God in Heaven, you are an easy mark...

If Joe wins the IN, do you really think he will give it to you? you are a very easy target

Shirin says Dan just gives it to me....flings insult after insult and I actually felt sorry for Dan, just thought what else

Dan to Shirin: only 2 people in this game, people that don't do anything, and people that do too much and annoy everybody, I am just trying to be nice, I truly am!

OMG, I think DAN MAY BE GOING???

04-08-15, 08:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Post RC...."
Dan thinks he has IC, not once but twice! Wrong both times...

... and Joe wins immunity again.

04-08-15, 08:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Post RC...."
Rodney gets the last confessional before commercial break, while the camera shows Dan and then Mike up close.

04-08-15, 08:35 PM (EST)
16. "Idol Hunting, Part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Mike looking, not finding. But intent on finding. They are making a huge deal out of this. So, of course, he does find it. But it's the blue idol, not the (presumably purple) merge idol that Joe got the clue for. This could get interesting...

04-08-15, 08:41 PM (EST)
18. "IC"
Shirin played for comic refief.

Rodney dead last, to start.

Dan says he got the puzzle, but he's wrong.

Says it again and is wrong again.

Joe wins immunity for the third straight time! (Gotta like the guy, he's my namesake! 😀)

Rodney babbles the concluding comments.

04-08-15, 08:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: IC"
Except for the comedy relief of Dan tonight the Probst hype is turning out to just be more Probst hype.

04-08-15, 08:44 PM (EST)
20. "Pre IC...."
And, NO one has found an idol....yet....

The idol hunt continues...Mike finds a termite nest for sustenance....no luck so far, mind beating exhausting game...he's about to cry, I have to find it, so...crying, I have work to do, this is not an easy task, don't think yoiu are going to come out here and just find it, keep looking in every nook and cranny, he's going to find it, he does, and crying....OMG....jumps up and down, happy dance....feeling like everything is going against you even when you have nothing left, I am not gonna share it, I need to get rid of Joe, I need it for myself....he found the escameca one, the blue one....

Now they are at the IC

come on in guys...Joe gives the necklace....shenanigans, see Rodney...race to move a puzzle piece thru 3 slide mazes, use the same piece to complete a slide finish, first done wins immunity...when they say fall short, see Joe....Shirin, says this is what I have been waiting for, comes down to how much I want to be here, I have so much energy Jeff, I have to contain it....opposite of a bomb....

Start....see joe and shirin....Joe and Sierra out, then Dan and Mike...Hali....Shirin and Joe on third and Mike....and Tyler....Sierra and Dan, Joe thru third, working on slide puzzle, and shirin next, then tyler, sierra, then Mike, Carolyn, Dan, Will Jen, Rodney and Hali are not in this

Completing puzzle....Shirin is not doing well....Dan is flying through, Joe would love to make it three in a row....Dan thinks he has it, Dan is wrong....fast and right , Dan now thinks he has it, wrong....Joe thinks he has it....Joe is right and wins immunity, 3 straight individual wins....see Mike shaking his head...

once again, IC is Joes, undefeated, now a threat, safe again, now for the rest of you, see Sierra, and Rod,

Rod: Joe won, a prototypical survivor all american white boy, if things had gone my way, didn't vote out Joaquin, we wouldn't be dealing with this drama, we would just be sitting back eating rice and beans but now we have to live with the decisions Mike made...

04-08-15, 08:48 PM (EST)
22. "Post IC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

BC wants to vote out Shirin or Carolyn, but Mike talks about taking out one of the NCs.

Jenn, Hali, Shirin, and Sierra now talk about getting rid of Dan. A girls alliance. They need one more vote.

Shirin talks to Tyler. He considers it.

04-08-15, 08:54 PM (EST)
23. "TC"
Tyler speaks first. Sierra says she has options. Mike says he knows what he will do, can't be sure of anyone else. Dan says he had to believe in his alliance, flippers never win. Shirin disagrees. Hali appears to support Shirin.

Time to vote.

Mike votes Hali
Shirin votes Dan "done gone off the rails"

No idol played.

Dan
Hali
Dan
Hali
Dan
Hali
Dan
Hali
Hali
Hali voted out! Wow.

04-08-15, 08:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: TC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

All the usual editing tricks or tendencies are out the door this season, apparently.

04-08-15, 08:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: TC"
Well, they got us this week, did not see that coming.

It was an awful drag of a nothing episode for the most part.

michel2 4506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-08-15, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: TC"
They got us because Jeff hyped Best episode. Take that away and Hali would have been easy to spot. Jenn had just burned them so it's normal that they'd shy away from her.

04-08-15, 10:41 PM (EST)
38. "Hindsight"
Well I did note in post 2 that Jenn's assertion that the NC's were "ready to win" sounded potentially ominous. Only it wasn't with respect to her.

04-09-15, 08:07 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Hindsight"
I agree with dabo, this was a dud episode. The start of a pagonging with bullying from the BC, (Dan and Rodney). If this is the kind of season that turns Jiffy on, we could be in trouble.

I agree, I thought it was a very ominous sign in the beginning of the show when Jenn was laughing about the idol play and said she liked to mess with the other tribe because it was entertaining for her...

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-15, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Hindsight"
You have no idea how annoyed I am that Rodney and Dan are representing Massachusetts and Maine - the two states where my parents are from and I consider home. If Jenn* or Joe go home next, I will lose almost all interest in the season. Characters that make good TV is one thing, watching jerks bullying is not good TV. I really hope that Dan's behavior is setting him up to be booted next week.

*Although Jenn wasn't portrayed that well this week either.

Outsider32 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-08-15, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Remember when I gave my observation Hali could be the first juror because of Jenn's edit?

04-08-15, 08:57 PM (EST)
26. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-15 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Problem is that you throw a whole bunch of darts out there and then when one of them turns out to be correct, you claim credit. You don't usually vote the same way as what you've suggested.

Outsider32 584 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-15, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I allured to this a couple weeks ago. I vote based on what appears to be the consensus. At this point there are distractions that cover up who was getting what edits pre-merge(and pre-swap). Those usually can never be ignored, but we all have the tendency to ignore those and go with what the story is saying at the moment. I didn't officially make her my first juror, I said it would be Rodney. At first I said merge boot but didn't take into too much detail of that being a non-juror.

I did say based on first juror edits so I guess in this case I did vote based on that because I wasn't sure who was really going and all the scrambling and all going on.

04-08-15, 10:01 PM (EST)
36. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-15 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

First of all, Jeff said nothing about Hali being the first member of the jury tonight, or at least neither FloPo nor I heard it. And Hali didn't mention it in her final words. Second, a bragging rights post is totally fine on this forum, but it traditionally contains a link to where you first made your prediction on this forum -- or at least a referral to the thread where it was posted.

ETA - Apologies, I stand corrected about the jury

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-15, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "And the First Member of Our Jury, Hali ..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-15 AT 01:25 AM (EST)

Unfortunately for my 'Expanded Jury Theory', Jeff did say it:

Post #20 - Hole

Post #23 - Pit ...

coldbrewer 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-09-15, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I heard it. Here's the Ponderosa video:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/zNyDcw0sAVobINiolx_7GObn55YA_mAY/survivor-ponderosa-hali/

04-09-15, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Thanks, coldbrewer.

G

04-09-15, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
2 Notes from Ponderosa:

Hali thought Shirin voted against her and that Will voted with her. In the secret scenes, Joe also thought Will was in their alliance.

She was wearing a glittery 'Merica tank top in the video. No wonder she loved the name so much!

04-08-15, 08:59 PM (EST)
28. "Rodney got the post IC conf??? Hmmmm?"
This is going to be GOOD!!! I can feel it!

Shirin: conf: Today I got handed an immunity challenge on a platter, a puzzle, Joe wonk he wins everything, but everyone thinks I am so weak, I am not a threat, I am not too concerned....

see them all talking in the water, the BCs and Tyler, Carolyn wants to vote for Shirin, but Tyler tell them that Mike thinks she has the WC idol, but Tyler tells them he doesn't think that she does....saw her looking....Dan says if all camps have an idol, where is WC/s? if Carolyn and Tyler seem very confident that Shirin doesn't have the idol because she hasn't said anything about it, and I don't think she is good enough to keep her mouth shut....

Mike wants to go with one of the NC's....take out one of the nC and they will crumble, Mikes says that the majority of you want shirin, I am just voicing...

So dan came up to me, you are a fan and you can't even do basic math, says Shirin to the NC's....that want to get rid of dan, says Sierra, Sierra loves to get rid of Dan...she hates him, my initial bc alliance wants to go with a girl, but I want girls at the end, so I don't want to go with them

I like the dynamic of us girls bandkign together, we can make each other stronger....let's vote out dan...

If you go mysogynistic on us we will vote you out....

See Shirin talking to Tyler, telling him, this could be the biggest opportunity to take a BC out....

Tyler says he wants nothing more than to get one of them out, they have no allegiance to you, you are a threat to them, says Shirin to Tyler....

TC....THis is going to be AMAZING!!!! I feel it will be DAN!!!! YESSSS
Confessionals called it....

Tyler says that Kelly was well liked, it wasn't us vs them, it was a big group of survivors, Sierra agrees
Mike: how sure are you the vote is going down as you want? I am sure but these are gamers, but we all know how to tickle your ear, go with some one that offers you pizza or...

Dan: as a big fan you have to expect bombs to drop, three magic words, flippers don't win, Shirin argues, FALSE, Tony flipped many times and he won

Hali says that he needs to remember that we are tribe "merica, if the colonies didn't flip on England blah blah blah...

time to vote;

Will first voter
Mike votes Hali
Hali votes, Boston Rod votes, then JEnn, see the spiders from mars
Shirin votes Dan, you are done, gone off the rails!
Tyler....
see Dan, see Hali....

YESSSSSSS

Vote tally:

It's either Dan or Hali

No one playing an idol....

see shirin
Sierra
votes:
Dan
Hali
Dan
Hali
tied
Dan
Hali
tied again
Dan
Haley
Hali
Hali

Damn, Hali is 8th out

She's surprised....What the ?? I'm sorry says Jen....see Sierra...see carolyn smile...

See Tyler...

She says love you 'merica....Jenn says have a beer for me

There was a lot of talk about lines drawn in the sand, but w 10 players left lines drawn tonight can be washed away in the sand tomorrow...good night

04-09-15, 09:08 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Rodney got the post IC conf??? Hmmmm?"
This is going to be GOOD!!! I can feel it!

Well FloPo, we've fallen for Jeff's BS twice now this season, we won't fall for it again. He's like the little boy that cried wolf!

Can anyone tell if Jiffy saying, with 10 players left, lines drawn tonight can be washed away in the sand tomorrow was added in after? I'm wondering if Tyler and Carolyn target a blue collar next week. Although that would be hard, they still need 6.

04-08-15, 08:59 PM (EST)
29. "Next time"
Slippery water challenge where contestants get banged up. And Jenn may want to call it quits, or so we are supposed to think..

04-09-15, 01:56 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Next time"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-15 AT 04:54 AM (EST)

And Jenn may want to call it quits, or so we are supposed to think..

Only five of the Zodiac's twelve Sun Signs (Personality Types, if you will) have produced all twelve of Survivor's formal 'Quitters'.

Below are lists that include the names of those twelve (each identified by an asterisk) along with the names of those players who made it very clear that they wouldn't really mind being booted by their tribemates:

Aquarius | *Jenna Morasca | *Julie McGee | *NaOnka Mixon | Jeff Wilson

Sagittarius | *Osten Taylor | *Colton Cumbie | *Dana Lambert

Taurus | *Janu Tornell | Ashlee Ashby | *Kelly Shinn | Jerry Sims

Virgo | Ian Rosenberger | *Lindsey Ogle | *Gary Stritesky

Leo | *Susan Hawk | *Kathleen Slekman

Cancer | CC Brown ... Pisces | Jon Dalton ... Libra | Chet Welch

Jenn is an Aquarius.

G

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-15, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Next time"
If there had been a quitter this season, we almost surely would have known it by now, as quits have always leaked out in the past. Same with medevacs. I think Jenn talking about having no fun and wanting to quit is misdirection from whatever is really going on, and when TC takes place on the next episode, somebody, whether it be us viewers, or whether it be the bootee and/or his or her allies, or some combination of all of these, stands a good chance to wind up getting blindsided. But I'm pretty confident no one will quit.

04-10-15, 11:47 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Next time"
I concur - Jenn has had too good of an edit for a quitter. There's been a couple of seasons when we were surprised by a quit, but in every single season with a quit, the quitter has not had a terrific edit. Sometimes controversial (hello, Colton), yes, but not an overly positive one.

04-08-15, 09:06 PM (EST)
31. "Next time on Survivor...."
see a snake,
Jiffy: everyone takes a beating,
Jiffy at the water challenge: See Dan falling, see Will falling....this is an awkward thing to watch,
Jiffy: and one survivor considers throwing in the towel...
Jen: It's just not fun, people suck, I have nothing out here except despair...

Hali parting words: shocked, I thought we had this girl thing going , I understand Sierra doing what she did I am just ready to have a shot of whiskey and a big bowl of ice cream...

Hey....Jiffy said NOTHING about 8th person voted out and first member of our jury...?? IS Hali the first jury member or NO?

04-08-15, 09:11 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Hmm, I don't remember any jury reference either.

04-08-15, 11:29 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Yes he did say, "and first member of our jury" about Hali

04-09-15, 11:05 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Jenn's most likely just having a bad day. In a secret scene, she was also stung by a scorpion (high up on her other thigh from the bee sting) and she was really pissed that Joe didn't take her on the pizza reward. I think she's too much of a fan to really throw in the towel.

04-11-15, 07:08 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-15 AT 07:24 PM (EST)

Round Robin: If there had been a quitter this season, we almost surely would have known it by now, as quits have always leaked out in the past … I think Jenn talking about having no fun and wanting to quit is misdirection … I'm pretty confident no one will quit.

Pepe: I concur - Jenn has had too good of an edit for a quitter. There's been a couple of seasons when we were surprised by a quit, but in every single season with a quit, the quitter has not had a terrific edit …

CTgirl: Jenn's most likely just having a bad day. In a secret scene, she was also stung by a scorpion (high up on her other thigh from the bee sting) and she was really pissed that Joe didn't take her on the pizza reward. I think she's too much of a fan to really throw in the towel.

You are all very probably right. But …

I think that we would all agree that the postgame behavior of the Dirty 30, as a group, has confounded conventional spoiling mechanisms, And that, with the exception of Joaquin, the World Apart players have been masterful at generating mysteries and guarding secrets. So, I am not so sure as Round Robin that “no one will quit”.

And I am not so sure as Pepe that “Jenn has had too good of an edit for a quitter”. I haven’t thought of it as a particularly flattering one from the beginning. For instance:

To put it mildly, she was indifferent to the evidently sincere overtures of friendship (or infatuation) by Vince, downright callous in her treatment of Nina and in her raucous dismissal of the player that everyone liked: Kelly. In fact, Hali aside, I think that Jenn's observation that the “people” of Worlds Apart “suck” was probably, then, pretty much all-inclusive. And Hali was at Ponderosa.

I waited, though, to post this until I’d gotten a second opinion in the form of Michel’s latest update of The Characters and their Stories. And that’s because, in pursuit of her birthdate, I spent an uncomfortable amount of time reading Jenn’s public Twitter before the Season began. And, although I will readily admit that I find a lot of social media content unflattering to the authors, I have never read a more vulgar – as opposed to profane – or more sad little litany of ‘bad days’ and ‘bad people’ interspersed with picturesque – no-detail-spared - accounts of binge drinking, binge vomiting and regrettable personal hygiene. In contrast, the portrait of Wes Nale painted by Wes Nale is a thing of beauty.

So, I wanted to be sure that it ‘wasn’t just me’ …

Aquarius

Positive Traits
Friendly and Humanitarian
Progressive and Pioneering
Original and Inventive
Eccentric, Independent and Intellectual

Negative Traits
Intractable and Dogmatic
Perverse and Unpredictable
Unemotional and Detached
Isolated

are renowned for their eccentricities. But they are also, generally, positive partners and remarkably tolerant social companions. However, if I had to choose the former Survivor Jenn most reminds me of, it would be Jamie Newton (of Guatemala) with whom she shares a birthday (January 26th). Like Jamie, it would seem that she can be charming. And her edit has made her a far wittier storyteller than the Georgian. But the two also seem to share a very unattractive strain in the inherently self-centric and extraordinarily practical Aquarius personality that leads to excess, paranoia and isolation.

So, I do think that if Jenn becomes convinced that she can’t win the Game, she could very well quit or do her best to make certain that she is voted out.

ETA: Too, I think that it is possible that, convinced that she can't win the Game, Jenn could well take a final swipe at the Blue Collars by saving Joe (or even Shirin) via her own withdrawal from it.

G

04-08-15, 09:11 PM (EST)
34. "Hali"
So Hali was a hidden boot, but a logical one.....I have to say I was so hoping it would have been Dan. What a tool! Ha!

04-08-15, 11:35 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Hali"
I am disappointed that Hali's gone. I liked her. Her "Colonists were the original flippers" was hysterical!

I wonder if she got such a good edit because they want to bring her back for the next Survivor.

Corvis7 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-15, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis7 Click to send private message to Corvis7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Hali"
That was such a weirdly edited episode. It was totally set up for us to see Dan get his comeuppance for being such a total jerk. (I mean, if he doesn't realize what a tool he is, he is the most deluded Survivor ever.) And then instead, it's a Hali boot. I mean, I get hiding the obvious boot and using misdirection to create some suspense about who is getting voted out, but combining that with making the person not getting the boot into such a jerk just created an episode that was completely unsatisfying and turns the viewer off. I am not excited for next episode at all.

04-09-15, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Hali"
The tribal council felt...SHORT. I mean, that was a quickie tribal!

04-09-15, 11:58 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Hali"
As I was saying above, I really got the sense they were setting up the boot story for next week. I would not be surprised if the group sees that they've got enough numbers on their side for now and vote to eliminate a headache then get back to booting the bigger targets.

Why else insert that scene? The only other reason why I can think they inserted it was to set up Dan as a perfect goat for the final TC if he's not booted next. But then that would make the final TC completely anti-climatic, which doesn't fit the hype.

Heck, I don't know. The editing has been so uneven this season.

04-09-15, 12:26 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Hali"
That would have been a better set-up if the NCs had voted for someone other than Dan this week. It looked absolutely certain that he was getting the boot until the very last second. I totally agree with Corvis that the editing of this ep was ludicrous..

04-09-15, 07:20 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Hali"
^^What Corvis said.

Murphy3126 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-09-15, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Murphy3126 Click to send private message to Murphy3126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "The Mike Show"
So, do we just rename the rest of the season as The Mike Show?

04-09-15, 07:24 PM (EST)
55. "RE: The Mike Show"
Seriously. If it's that blatant so early in the game then it's a losing season....the alpha of the majority alliance. Wow. This is kind of like another Redemption Island, but the hero is no Boston Rob...wait, he's a villain?

04-11-15, 09:15 AM (EST)
58. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"

04-11-15, 11:07 AM (EST)
59. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I've come to the conclusion that Probst's "BEST" must be - almost always - a "You had to be there" sort of thing ...

G

04-11-15, 02:29 PM (EST)
60. "RE: S30 | Ep. 08 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Might as well say, "I got nothing for you" after someone doesn't win reward.

Haha

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •