The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
Does SO help or hurt these women? Aren't their emotions like onions (Shrek…ogres are like onions, we have layers), and this show is not adequate enough to go as far as they need? For example:

Allison - she seems to be worse off, with more problems than before. She tried to live large but came back scared. She’s still scared, and picked up more bad habits than she had before. The fake tears, always having what someone else has for a problem, extreme neediness, needing to take attention away from others, etc. Had good publicity but turned it against herself.

Jessica - seems to be better regarding her need to grieve, but worse in the anger/mean snotty category. She has other problems, now that the grief is mostly dealt with.

Lisa - maybe worse off. She was happy doing what she did before, and will probably just return to the same attention and travel seeking lifestyle. She may have learned a few things from the other women, like being a little girlish and acting out. She has two sides, the little helpless girl and the mean b####. Her activities have been demeaning and not directed towards making a living on her own.

Christina - trying to make her a woman of honor? Nice goal, but as her website indicates, she still revels in the “juicy” elements. Her plan was to forget that lifestyle, but unless she acknowledges that she was, not just a stripper, but by her own admission, a prostitute, and accepts that that was what she was, she won’t move forward to leave it behind. Why would she be so upset with being call a stripper, or someone saying she didn’t graduate high school. Those are true. On all the above, she can change, she can get the GED, but the facts will always be that in her past, she was the above. She can move forward and above if she chooses to, but the past cannot be erased.

TJ - maybe worse off in some aspects, in that she was dealt with superficially. And surrounded by housemates who did not understand her medical problems. Maybe better from some of the exercises she did, like the box. She put a lot of thought into that.

Jill - maybe worse off in some aspects. She’s a real survivor, as her website, which is updated frequently, shows. Her time could have been spent better, not carrying all that crap around which could have had physical repercussions, and focusing on her life and what brought her to where she is today. Better because she got publicity and most people seem to like her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... EnfanTerrible 01-07-06 1
 RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... lovemydogdude 01-07-06 2
 RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... OklaBlue 01-22-06 3
   RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... tac_2 01-22-06 4
       RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... snowflake2 01-22-06 5
       RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ev... imamrs 01-22-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"

Interesting observations. I think for some of them, it has fed their drama queen tendencies and thus not been helpful. In previous seasons too, like Audrey and Nyanza.

But some, like Jill, were truly stuck and needed to examine some things in order to get rid of them and move forward. Cassie 2 is another one. They helped her understand she's not dumber than anyone else, though I wish they could have convinced her to get rid of the trailer-trash hair. My all time favorite, Teresa, had decided she needed to be broke the rest of her life just because she went broke once. They should have gotten into it even further, why she unconsciously felt she had to get rid of all her ex-husband's money to punish herself for walking away from him. So the show could get in a little deeper, but they're trying to move it along - or at least in earlier seasons they were.

For someone like TJ, I think it is helpful to get out in the open how people with ADD get stuck in a quagmire, get a reputation for being difficult, and then don't move on. Especially since there is an epidemic in kids and those kids are going to grow up! And she is also helpful to people like me who might have it but have never been diagnosed. I know that in some quarters, I have an awful reputation for foot-in-mouth that I will never be allowed to recover from. It has been a rude awakening for me to understand that some groups of people will never let you change once they have labelled you.

See, I am lecturing, just like TJ, and even managed to lose the topic! Bottom line you are right, some of them are not helped, but I feel like most of them are.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
Interesting topic Okla, I agree with Efan that the show seems to bring out the drama queen in the ladies..which is not helpful!

Jessica: I don't know if she didn't already belong to this anger/mean snotty category when she first arrived, maybe those qualities just didn't show their face until she'd been there a while. It takes time for our true selves to surface. I think this show helped her deal with her grief and they never touched on personality issues with her because that wasn't why she was there..lucky for her.

Allison: I do not believe her 2nd time through SO helped her one bit! It made her more needy and show dependant. I think she went in wanting to be a mentor more than work on her issues.

Lisa: I don't think this show is helping her at all! The exercises that were good for her were the get off your a## and get to work ones i.e. the ranch, the restaurant, the jewelry, flowers...I do think those were good for her and should be ongoing..but they're not. She should be having to work somehow each and every day in my opinion. I do believe you're right that she will just return to her previous lifestyle. The show may attract some crazy man out there watching to pursue her if they would like to own her..take care of her..ya never know some men like that control.

Jill: Her exercises have sucked, I believe the Jenny Craig program has benefited her, as well as the medical examination helpful to reveal her tumor so she can deal with that before it gets worse. I also think the counceling that opened her eyes to the concept that her mom did the best she could with the tools she had...helped her forgive and accept her so that they can move forward. Good thing her personality rocks, she's an upbeat strong soul...didn't need SO's help for that.

TJ: I feel this show has helped her. Her exercises have tought her how to think before she speaks...not everything that enters the brain needs to exit via mouth. The struggles we see her have with the other ladies is just a taste of what she experiences in her everyday life and I think it's great she has help to learn and grow from it. In the end (now) though..when she can't give her opinion unless asked..well I think they've gone too far.

Christina: You are so right, she needs to take full responsibility for being a prostitute, the stripping was minimum in comparison. I agree with every single thing you said about her, and she's going no where until she can get past her snotty denial.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-06 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

Looking back now (almost end of January):

Allison - graduated, got what she wanted, dress, statue, second ceremony. Still on the phone.

Jessica - graduated, moved to LA area, still gossiping on the phone to Jill.

Lisa - more screwed up than ever. Physically a wreck. Fake dating a married actor. Looking much older.

Christina - getting GED, okay with mom, not career educated, still putting herself before child's welfare. Graduating soon. Not leaving the bright lights to go home.

TJ - graduated, miraculous recovery, seems just fine.

Jill - not out yet, still under indictment, losing public support by gossiping and being slow to act. When will she graduate?

Kim - reeh, reeh, reeh....is she real? Broken glass, fire starter...hovering chatterbox.

Christie - will fit right in with RB's new book on body image, seems to have public support for her problems, scars.

NuLisa - struggling, getting down and dirty with IV.

----

Of those graduated, looks like Jessica is the only one who really worked through her problem with grief.

SO, the success rate is????

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-22-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
I think it's still too early to judge but I'd say these women remind me of politicians. They get in with the best intentions but somehow end up trapped in the glamour of it all. Jill might be an exception but I think personality-wise she *could end up the biggest drama queen of them all. Hopefully, she has mentors and friends outside of SO that can keep her on the right track.

Jessica - She typifies what SO considers successful without much effort on either housemate or coaches part. She played the game exactly right. Bland but effective.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-22-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
I don't think Allison "got it". She spent close to a year in that house & was still babbling the same lines she came in with..."I'm fat and ugly, "THE" cancer, my Daddy, my Mommy, blah blah blah." IMO, the least successful "successful graduate". Enough said about her.

Jessica apparently "got it", but since nothing is going to bring her mother back from the dead, she really had no choice but to eventually try to deal with the grief the best she could, anyway.

I really liked TJ, but I don't know if she changed all that drastically while in the house. For the most part, I think the other HG's simply got used to her & let up on her a little. And remember, the HG's were still having the "psycho" gossip sessions about her right before her graduation. I thought she was OK to start with.

Christina is not getting it.

Jill is apparently regressing. A lot of her recent behavior makes me think, "No wonder she got tossed out of that job at the radio station." If she doesn't like someone, she just doesn't let up.

Let me also say, that for the most part I believe the majority of these women (all seasons) just come on this show for an ulterior motive (TV exposure) so it makes me wonder what percentage of their "stories" are really true, and how much is "cooked up".

Andy Paige: wanted to be a "style guru". Only employment is SO-related.

Nyanza: after she graduated, her website mentioned she was in talks with HBO for her own show.

Maureen: thought she was funny enough to become an actual working stand-up comedienne.

PJ: was already actively pursuing acting when she came on the show.

ChristineH: thought once everyone saw how "beautiful" she was on TV, the acting/modelling offers would roll in. (?!)

Theresa: casually dropped that she thought she would be good in a "Roseanne" type sitcom.

Rain: thought she was going to be a motivational speaker.

Audrey/Towanda: thought they were going to sell tons of CD's.

Kim Bookout: mentioned on her website she'd love to star in a soap opera. Or become a life coach.

Sommer: soooo interested in "production".

Denise: thought she was going to be discovered as a comedienne. Tried to get that radio station job.

If these were the women's REAL goals, I'd say SO has a pretty low success rate.

I think every so often, SO throws a "real" (no showbiz aspirations) woman into the mix just for laughs...maybe Cassie2, TJ, Susan.

imamrs 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-22-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imamrs Click to send private message to imamrs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 3 SO Women - did they ever “get it”?"
In speaking of politicians...I thought that would be a perfect enviroment for Lisa to work in. She could put her fake smile, fake tears to good use. All Lisa has done is traded her dependency on her parents (for housing, car, food, clothing) onto the coaches.

My intuition tells me that Miss Christina has left a lot of her story out. My heart goes out to her son. What type of problems is he going to have in his life as a result of his mother's actions and non-parenting? Mind you, I do not think Miss Christina would be in the mess she is in if only her mother had a little more backbone. I think her mother admited that Christina wore her down and that was one of the reasons she signed the papers.

Jill...I can see why she feels a little defensive. Her comfort zone is gone and now she facing the real world again..where not everyone is so nice and understanding.

It just seems that the three original women have become accustomed to depending on everyone else to get there lives going again.

P.S. I am new here, so please forgive me if this has been addressed already, but in past seasons didn't the coaches try to get the smokers in the house to stop smoking before they left? Just seems like these ladies smoke every chance they get.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •