The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"trading spaces"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

lildarlin38oh 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-10-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lildarlin38oh Click to send private message to lildarlin38oh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"trading spaces"
I like the show but i cant stand the designer Doug. i think he is a real jerk. If he don't get his way he is nasty to people.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: trading spaces Swami 04-10-04 1
   RE: trading spaces okaloosajohn 05-30-04 7
       RE: trading spaces udg 05-31-04 8
 RE: trading spaces Thistlethorn 04-26-04 2
 RE: trading spaces AVAD1228 05-15-04 3
 RE: trading spaces geg6 05-26-04 4
   I agree! weltek 05-26-04 5
       RE: I agree! Coconut 06-02-04 9
           RE: I agree! Swami 06-02-04 10
 RE: trading spaces Sunny_Bunny 05-30-04 6
   RE: trading spaces Swami 06-02-04 11
 RE: trading spaces motormouth 06-05-04 12
   RE: trading spaces ginger 06-08-04 13
       RE: trading spaces Swami 06-08-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: trading spaces"
When Doug is bad, he's very very bad--but he's always beter than Hilde.

He can be arrogant, and when he gets in one of his brown grid moods I usually don't like the results. Hilde, on the other hand, does whatever stupid thing she can just because she can. I tend to not watch when she is on. I hate it when she glues or staples weird crap to the walls, making it very difficult and expensive to remove & fix. At least you can paint over a brown grid without a lot of bother.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: trading spaces"
If they told me Hilde was gonna be doing my "spaces" I'd refuse to do the show. The woman is a menace! And totally devoid of decorating taste.

She wanted to do a ceiling with CHOCOLATE SYRUP for pete's sake!!!

She glued straw to all the walls in a house with little kids living there!

She build a room completely of corrugated cardboard! Chairs, walls, ceilings!

Doug at least does the occasional decent looking room, despite being an arsehole...

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-31-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: trading spaces"
Usually, during the reveal, the designers are sitting in the "control room" watching the reactions on TV monitors. Hildi doesn't bother. She doesn't care whether her family likes it or not! To me, that says it all about Hildi.

If I were doing TS, I'd want Vern designing my room, and I'd want to work with Frank. I could also live with Laurie, either in my room or working with her. If I got Hildi in my home, I'd totally refuse to do the show, and I'd probably end up in a cat-fight with her if I had to work with her.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Thistlethorn 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thistlethorn Click to send private message to Thistlethorn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: trading spaces"
That is just Doug's schtick. I understand from interviews with participants that he is generally very nice. Just a wise-a$$.

AVAD1228 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-04, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AVAD1228 Click to send private message to AVAD1228 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: trading spaces"
I agree that the Doug guy has to go. I also dont care for his buddy Hilda. They seem to have forgotten the show is not about them. Just watched the black and white show and found it appalling that they would treat people that way and do something specifically they did not ask for. I think trading spaces should pay for the repairs to the woodwork they worked so hard on and the fireplace. I thought the idea was to show their talent not their ignorance. A good designer listens to what people want not just be egomaniacs feeding their own egos and dougs design was really ugly besides. And to tell them to just paint over soot is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of professional pride in his work. Clearly he is burnt out and needs to go

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: trading spaces"
Sorry, but Doug is the reason I started watching the show. He's my absolute favorite designer. I almost always like what he does (okay, the prison room was a bit much) and he is the most entertaining of all the designers. If I was ever lucky enough to get on the show, I would pray to get Doug for my house. His style (most of the time) is closest to my own. That's what this show is all about...the risk that you'll get a designer or a design that you don't like. Personally, I'd slit my wrists if Kia, Frank, or Hildy showed up at my house.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I agree!"
Only my wrist-slitters would be Laurie, Kia and Frank (unless I had a kids room to do).

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I agree!"
Kia is awful, as are Barry and Edward. Hildi is also terrible(flowers on the walls? Uh, no).

I don't mind Doug.

Courtesy Slice & Dice Chop Shop

06-02-04, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I agree!"
Barry? Who's Barry?

Hildi is my all-time unfavorite, but Kia is a close second. Her gravesite bedroom was hilarious (and ugly). Edward seems a bit dim and his designs are not very imaginative but he also seems a likeable enough guy. Laurie's constant need for symmetry drives me nuts.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: trading spaces"
Hee hee, is it evil to admit that I love to watch this show, for the negitive reactions rather than the good ones?

I mean really, some of these designers only have tastes in their mouths, and the homeowners seem to be so stymied by their "expertise" that they don't argue. LOL

If you dont like your room, who pays to put it back the way you want it?

06-02-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: trading spaces"
Like the Black & White show? Where Doug made a grown man cry?

You do of course.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-05-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: trading spaces"
What drives me nuts about Hildy is that I heard in an interview that she lives in a house that is all white. Seems like she is 'experimenting' at the homeowners expense!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: trading spaces"
Well, a lot of designers and people who spend their lives pouring over fabrics, textures, colours, designs like a real simple homescape to return to.

I wouldn't have the show without Hildy on it - I don't want her to do my rooms, I want her to mess up other people's rooms while I laugh at them.

Actually, thought the "floating bedroom" was pretty cool, esp. since the couple had already bought a big lucite bed.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

06-08-04, 06:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: trading spaces"
That was a nice room, you know, if you like floating crystal furniture--which these folks did! The fabric walls were gorgeous! I wish she would do that trick more often instead of plastic flowers and cardboard & stuff like that.

Actually I have a neighbor who I would love to sic Hilde on! But the show doesn't work that way, sadly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •