The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SO Program Flaws"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-06-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-06 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

and editing. I noticed something on a rerun the other day. Another poster noticed the same thing. I am now going to be watching for more, and thought perhaps some of you other sharp posters may be able to find more flaws in the program editing.

What I noticed: The girls were poolside with Iyanla, and she was talking about putting the past behind them. Allison was wearing a black blouse, and she also had over one "breast" a round pink "Cancer Sucks" button. It was on her in one shot, then off right after Iyanla said something about leaving the past behind. Then in another following shot, the pin was on the blouse again, etc. for the whole scene.

It makes me wonder if the scene was shot more than once, then creatively edited together? There are writers, this is a smash hit program on daytime, how much scripting is going on?

I know a #1 program like this does not get there by accident, and there has been much discussion on these boards as to whether or not the show is creatively edited, etc.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-06-06 1
   RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-06-06 2
       RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-06-06 3
   RE: SO Program Flaws lovemydogdude 01-06-06 4
 RE: SO Program Flaws Kattrikk 01-06-06 5
   RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-06-06 6
       RE: SO Program Flaws quiller 01-07-06 7
           RE: SO Program Flaws chicola 01-07-06 8
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-08-06 9
   RE: SO Program Flaws skylarladyblue 01-09-06 10
       RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-09-06 12
       WARNING - skylarladyblue Bebo 01-09-06 15
   RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-09-06 13
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-09-06 11
 RE: SO Program Flaws L_11 01-09-06 14
   RE: SO Program Flaws moonwick1 01-10-06 16
       RE: SO Program Flaws witzette 01-10-06 17
       RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-12-06 29
   RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-12-06 28
   RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-24-06 38
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-10-06 18
   RE: SO Program Flaws Bmw4mom 01-10-06 19
       RE: SO Program Flaws p59jan 01-10-06 20
           RE: SO Program Flaws beckettrep 01-10-06 21
   RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-12-06 30
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-10-06 22
   RE: SO Program Flaws moonwick1 01-10-06 23
       RE: SO Program Flaws Cygnus X1 01-12-06 26
 RE: SO Program Flaws kelb 01-10-06 24
 RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-11-06 25
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-12-06 27
   RE: SO Program Flaws pandamanjone 01-13-06 32
       RE: SO Program Flaws Dayum Yankee 01-25-06 45
   RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-13-06 34
 RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-12-06 31
   RE: SO Program Flaws EnfanTerrible 01-13-06 33
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-21-06 35
   RE: SO Program Flaws bicbic911 01-24-06 37
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-24-06 36
   RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 01-24-06 39
       RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-24-06 40
           RE: SO Program Flaws bellyButton 01-24-06 41
           RE: SO Program Flaws snowflake2 01-24-06 42
               RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-24-06 43
 RE: SO Program Flaws rayna1 01-25-06 44
   RE: SO Program Flaws turquiosedove 01-25-06 47
 RE: SO Program Flaws turquiosedove 01-25-06 46
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 01-25-06 48
 RE: SO Program Flaws riverrat 01-27-06 49
 RE: SO Program Flaws OklaBlue 02-02-06 50
   RE: SO Program Flaws SASSI 02-02-06 51
 RE: SO Program Flaws Pixeltalk 02-02-06 52
 RE: SO Program Flaws genzipah 02-02-06 53
   Welcome, but... Cygnus X1 02-02-06 54
 RE: SO Program Flaws Cygnus X1 02-23-06 55
   RE: SO Program Flaws lisalee 02-23-06 56
       RE: SO Program Flaws Miranda 02-24-06 57
           RE: SO Program Flaws cronemoon 02-24-06 58
       RE: SO Program Flaws shawnar 02-24-06 59
           RE: SO Program Flaws lovemydogdude 02-24-06 61
               RE: SO Program Flaws shawnar 02-24-06 62
       RE: SO Program Flaws lifeless_93 02-24-06 60
           RE: SO Program Flaws Orangutan 02-24-06 63
               RE: SO Program Flaws Cygnus X1 02-24-06 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-06 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

They might not re-shoot, but it's well known that they shoot different things at different times and then edit it to look like it was shot at the same time. Or they shoot a long scene where people shuffle around and take things on and off, then edit it to look like a short scene. Or they take things from the beginning of a scene and move them to the end, and vice versa. There was a scene in season two where Josie was walking on a balance beam, where her jeans cuffs kept magically rolling and unrolling themselves. Some reality show participants have complained that the editors take two unrelated scenes and put them together to make them more sensational.

01-06-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
"jeans cuffs kept magically rolling and unrolling themselves"

LOL!!!

----------

"editors take two unrelated scenes and put them together to make them more sensational"

I believe that!

01-06-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-06 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

The jeans thing was very funny to watch.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-06-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I agree Efan..it's all in the editing. Must be wierd for the HG's to actually watch the show and see how they pieced things together so much differently than they actually experienced them.
P.S. love my sig

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-06, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Oh man, oh man. Just read what Bethany has to say about "editing" on the gripe portion of her webpage. Sorry I don't have the link, but for those who watched last season, the show took her back to NC so she could conduct interviews of her family members in hopes of uncovering something that would give a clue or two about whether or not a traumatic event triggered her amnesia. She says the way that entire thing went down in real life versus how it was edited for the show were completely different and she seems pretty upset about how her family was portrayed.

lol the middle of that paragragh sounds like something right out of a soap opera. Oh how I loved sweet little Bethany.

I think it's just par for the course for shows like this. I don't think SO necessarily plays dirty, it's just part of the entertainment.

01-06-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SO Program Flaws"

Yah, sometimes it feels like I am trying to pick out the useful stuff from the hype, but I get enough out of it that it keeps me watching.

quiller 268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-07-06, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail quiller Click to send private message to quiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
they did some creative editing when showing Allison drinking, also. On one show, she was shown drinking all through dinner and then it appeared that she got more wine after dinner. But she was wearing the clothing from the day before, not what she wore at dinner. So, IMO, they were trying to make it look like she drank more than she actually did.

cause this is what I do when I am NOT watching SO or posting on this board.

chicola 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-07-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chicola Click to send private message to chicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
That is totally agree with about Allison...Almost every shot is her drinking...If she really drank that much I doubt she could even stand up...however her wine glasses are huge!

01-08-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
9. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

LOL

skylarladyblue 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-09-06, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skylarladyblue Click to send private message to skylarladyblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Omg! Quit analyzing everything! Instead of pointing out the stuff that is posed, scripted, whatever.... Why not show everyone the real stuff?

01-09-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
>Omg! Quit analyzing everything! Instead
>of pointing out the stuff
>that is posed, scripted,
>whatever.... Why not show everyone
>the real stuff?

Not so fast! I could make that show, and it would be boring at that.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "WARNING - skylarladyblue "
Your message gives the impression that you don't want other posters to discuss certain aspects of the show. Posters have the right to discuss whatever they want about the show as long as they stay within guidelines, which has been done to this point. If you would prefer not to read such detail, then please move on to other topics, but don't criticize posters for their comments.

01-09-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-06 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

> Ever noticed how the straight to the camera commentaries by the >HGs are right in there with the action? There's a scene, say with >Lisa, then right in the middle of it or right after the scene, we >see her in the same clothes telling us what she was thinking at the >time. They must be shooting a scene, then showing the scene to the >HG while the HG tells what they were "thinking" as that scene was >unfolding.

It seems like they do some of the "confessionals" in the thick of things, and some after the fact. It must be wierd to have to tell it in the present tense.

01-09-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
11. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

LOL

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-09-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Though this is hardly a brilliant observation, what drives me bats (and always has) is how if the phone or the door is for a particular HG, then it's always that particular HG that answers it. I can count on my hand the number of times I've heard "hey NAME, it's for you". Actually, maybe I've never heard of it.

Along with editing, I have to wonder how much is outright scripted, too.

moonwick1 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-10-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonwick1 Click to send private message to moonwick1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I've noticed a few things too..But what gets me everytime is seeing a HG using the phone.. The base of the phone has a glop of "something" on it..Like a chunck of cookie dough or something..All this time and it's still there..

I'd think someone would have noticed by now and cleaned it off..

So thats my observation for the day

witzette 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-10-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail witzette Click to send private message to witzette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Heeee Heeee...perhaps a little something to snack on while catching up with relatives?

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I'm shocked that Allison didn't clean it up.

01-12-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
The only time I remember it from this season is when Allison didn't want to talk to her mom and Lisa answered the phone and made some excuse for her.

It used to happen fairly regularly last season.

01-24-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
38. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Now, when someone comes to the door, they just yell, "It's open!" and let the poor sucker fend for him/herself!

01-10-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
18. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Small but obviously for dramatic effect. Iyanla goes to room to get Allison for graduation, they hug, and leave arm in arm together. When they enter the back yard, Iyanla is way ahead of Allison, leaving Allison to have her dramatic entrance to the setting.

What limo driver leaves his customers to open the door for themselves?

Bmw4mom 140 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bmw4mom Click to send private message to Bmw4mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
>Small but obviously for dramatic effect.
> Iyanla goes to room
>to get Allison for graduation,
>they hug, and leave arm
>in arm together. When
>they enter the back yard,
>Iyanla is way ahead of
>Allison, leaving Allison to have
>her dramatic entrance to the
>setting.
>
>What limo driver leaves his customers
>to open the door for
>themselves?

A Limo Driver who knows he is NOT getting a tip. Thats who. LOL

p59jan 13 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail p59jan Click to send private message to p59jan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
There was an episode from last season that really drove me crazy and also surprised me because it was so obvious to me -- how could anyone on the production staff not notice (or care?)? It involved Tess's talk with Rhonda -- her first revealing (I think) of the molestation.

She was lying in bed when Rhonda came to sit with her. There was a clock directly behind Tess's head and the conversation started at 1:30, then it was 1:15, then it was 1:10 and then back to 1:30 and on and on. The conversation sounded logical, but watching the clock constantly change made me dizzy.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-06, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
It has to be scripted or how else would one explain how Allison made such a big deal about Dr. Stan's 'hands' and then at her graduation he gives her a picture of his hands.....coincidence?? methinks not.

01-12-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
30. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
He must have known how much Allison likes doing things for other people!

01-10-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I caught one today (Tues 1-10-06) when at the first group new Lisa A. said something about "the show" and right away, I think it was Kim, said "it's not a show, it's the Starting Over house." Or "it's the house"...something like that. So they are aware of it being a tv show.

moonwick1 74 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonwick1 Click to send private message to moonwick1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Yeah, I caught that too.. Almost as if they have been told to make SURE they refer to it as SO and to seperate from the idea that it's a "show"..I didn't notice who but at least two HG's chimed in with "It's SO"

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
The hallmark of a good show of ANY sort is the ability to keep up the "fourth wall" between the participants and (in this case) the crew taping them. The Amazing Race may be the best at this among reality shows; three Emmys attest to that.

Such a comment surely would have been left on TAR's cutting room floor.

One exception: Season 7 of TAR when one of the racers' trucks crashed, and a cameraman was injured.

kelb 81 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelb Click to send private message to kelb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I've noticed the same confessionals being used over and over again in completely different contexts. That makes me wonder how "real" it really is.

As for the pink ribbon, she was probably asked to remove it for some reason. And when they made the final copy, they mixed the scenes up.

In my heart I want to believe it is real but I seriously have my doubts about the editing.

01-11-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: SO Program Flaws"

Funny scene on Tuesday when someone said "let's get this show on the road" And Kim chirped, "it's not a SHOW, it's a house...right?" They must coach the bejeebers out of these women.

01-12-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

Well let's see...today (1-12) there were about 24 scenes in an hour, plus 15 minutes or so commercials, and a preview. They didn't give us much to chew on today. The only real thing was that nuLisa doesn't take responsibility for her life.

Rick, in the restaurant, almost slipped when he read the letter from TJ and started to cry, he said "promised not to cry on" (TV?)

pandamanjone 11 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pandamanjone Click to send private message to pandamanjone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I don't like Tammy.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Who's Tammy???? Is that a former hg?? Where did that comment come from??

01-13-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
34. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
He said "I promised myself I wouldn't cry on TV."

01-12-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
31. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but didn't anybody else think that, when TJ and Jill were fighting and Jill yelled "#####!" it seemed inserted?

First of all, the camera wasn't on her face. Secondly, what an odd thing to say. (I can understand saying, "Wow, that was a bitchy thing to say" or "Now you're being a #####" but just yelling the word doesn't seem like something Jill-who is pretty articulate--would do). Thirdly, TJ responded by saying "Did you just call me a #####?" Why would she ask that if Jill had just yelled "#####" at her?

I think she probably said a whole sentence or paragraph that had the word in it or maybe implied it and they thought it would be easier to just insert the word from another time that she said it (if it was even her voice).

01-13-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
33. "RE: SO Program Flaws"

Definitely inserted and also edited out of whatever complete sentence it was a part of!

01-21-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
35. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
(Reposted with permission from a locked thread)

If you want a little behind the scenes look, read this article:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/reality-tv-world-goes-behind-scenes-of-starting-over-new-los-angeles-home-2897.php
Two very interesting statements:

First, the reporter from Reality TV was handled pretty bruskly by IV, IV indicated that the frustration on these boards is because of the editing, we don't see everything she does. She was not at all friendly towards these boards.

Second, there are some great photos there that show the huge multi-screen control room, and under one showing the "confessional scene", it says that the houseguests are answering questions put forth in that room by one of the PRODUCERS of the show. So they can draw out the answers they want to use with footage shot.

Yes, tons of editing. Check in spoilers for more info on the taping of these shows

bicbic911 11 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bicbic911 Click to send private message to bicbic911 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Oklablue, thanks for providing the link. Interesting reading there. I find it ironic that the very viewers that provide Iyanla her livelihood do not meet her strict standards of living a fulfilled life because we have nothing better to do than participate in online conversations.

My illusion of the confessional room was shattered by the photo accompanying the story. I always envisioned a warm coccoon-like setting .. seeing the confessional chair sitting on a lift frame of 2x4's was surprising.

Very longtime lurker here, finally pulled out of my silence. Official first post.

01-24-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
36. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Several people have mentioned (in a thread on the wrong forum)about the Kim/ashtray burning incident that there were three distinctly different ashtrays in the scene.

Today, Christina's graduation: on her "GED" certificate, there was only her first name, "Christina". What legal document anywhere would have just a first name? This had to be a stand-in for the real thing, which probably is delayed in red tape, normal for government.

01-24-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
39. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I rewound the tape and watched the ashtray thing several times. Kim does not throw away the glass ashtray, she simply empties it into the trash. Then, when it is taken out, the ashes/butts are in one of the black plastic bowls that microwave dinners come in.

I haven't seen the 1/24 episode yet. Was the last name on the certificate "blurred" out? They do that a LOT. They do it to people's t-shirts, pictures hanging on the wall, etc. I think their attitude is "If we're not getting paid for a product placement, we're not showing it!" It does take a few weeks to get official GED results in the mail, so they may have dummied up one. They do that with diplomas at some graduations; they give out a rolled-up piece of parchment and then you get the real diploma later.

01-24-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
40. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
It didn't look blurry, maybe someone can enlarge the scene and let us know. Well, she had a real graduation then. You're right about the dummy diplomas.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Hi I watched the show today..24th and it was NOT the graduation show but the show the day after..i was all ready for the graduation and it was as if i missed a whole day. watch them show me the same show tomorrow i saw today. i can't find where anyone else saw this. do i need to get a priest and holy water on my tv? i'm in oklahoma. i missed seeing Christina graduate..yes i really mostly wanted to see what her makeover looked like...and how it effected jill..i missed everything today...poohey!

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
It wasn't blurry, and it did in fact simply say "Christina". They might have used this prop for several different reasons, including 1)maybe the "real" one was not issued in time for filming, 2)SO might have decided the "fake" one filmed better 3)They might have used a "fake" one so as not to disclose Christina's last name on camera. (Who knows why this is such a big deal, they all disclose their last names on websites, etc. after graduation, anyway.)

Also, I thought I caught a glimpse of Christina opening & looking at something that looked more like a "real" diploma. I had a lapse in attention at that point, so I can't be sure without rewatching it. It was something in a matted card. Anyone else recall seeing this?

01-24-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
43. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I think that might have been a certificate for her real estate and "art" classes from RB, IV, and Dr. Stan K.

rayna1 20 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rayna1 Click to send private message to rayna1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
"another flaw ?-IV recounting XXXtinta's 'personalities' boards"

Did anyone else notice IV said that Dr.K had THREE cutouts of Christina's 'personalities'? But the cut away scenes clearly showed 4. There was a green one that they tried to hide in the later scenes. I wish I could remember what it was ;)

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Rayna,
She had one that was Genesis, Carly, can't remember the other ho name and i think the 4th was herself.
She then ripped them up and made an object d'art with it.

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I noticed that Jill has on her new glasses in some scenes and the old ones in others on the same show. Plus diff. hair-do's
Plus it seems a lot longer than 5 weeks since she's seen the 1st doctor.
I know editing is an art itself but jeez.......

01-25-06, 10:31 PM (EST)
48. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Don't know why, but just have this feeling they only tape for a few weeks, then stretch the footage out to fill the air schedule. That's why sometimes the scenes go a couple days on the air, but it's same day in reality. That would save them a lot of money for actor pay, crew pay, etc. The editing is the final, post-production. It can take place way after shooting. Allows for holiday breaks, etc. Since it was publicized by Rhonda that the taping for this year is already done, all the show footage is done for the season.

riverrat 17 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrat Click to send private message to riverrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
On yesterday's show, I noticed that when the HMs were outside roasting marshmallows, Jodi was first seen wearing her original light brown shirt. The next time I saw her, she was wearing a darker shirt with white buttons. I kept watching to see if her clothes would change back and forth, but they never did. The dialogue was so smooth between the two scenes that I wonder when she had the time to change or why. (Yeah, I realize that editing takes place, but I really saw no reason for the change in clothes.) Everyone else was wearing the same clothes throughout. Just one of those strange occurences.

02-02-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
50. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
On today's show:

Jill on the phone, same exact clip was shown two different times in this show, where she was looking for a man to "appreciate me as I am, now".

Lisa 1 - Tupperware party. ONLY ONE ITEM. She hates Mexican food, but chooses to do salsa. Remember, she wouldn't eat at Allison's farewell party? Didn't like "that kind" of food.

Tupperware "party". ONLY ONE ITEM featured. Most T parties show at least 40 or 50 items. And they play games. All she did was show the chopper.

SASSI 110 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SASSI Click to send private message to SASSI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I was expecting lisa to break into song...."I'm so pretty...oh so pretty.buy my tupperware cause I'm so pretty....what a joke it all was...

02-02-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
52. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Now I know why Jill had her head wrapped in some of the confessional shots from last week. She had her new 'do and they didn't want us to see it. Also, it was weird the way she kept switching between the old and new glasses (in regular scenes as well as confessional). I think at some point they decided she should not wear the new glasses until her makeover for the trial.

genzipah 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail genzipah Click to send private message to genzipah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I'm new to the message board...

I am not impressed with Jill at all. She is still smoking and I don't see her exercising to lose her weight. Maybe we don't see that part on the show. She seems to have strong opinions about others. Quite frankly I think she should go and not just by graduating. I actually feel the same way about Lisa. Why are they both still there?

02-02-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Welcome, but..."
...you need to read a little more. We've got Jill-hating threads in the Individual Houseguest forum.

02-23-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
55. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
bump

lisalee 15 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lisalee Click to send private message to lisalee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
did anyone else catch when they were coming back from jills date they were pulling into the driveway of the house and they showed them both in the truck as it passed by the camera? it had jodi and the steering wheel on the wrong side of the truck and jill was on the side, if you are driving.
does that make sense?

in other words it looked like jodi was on the wrong side of the truck driving.

i rewound it several times and thats what it looked like. it was weird. did anyone else catch this?

i posted this in the general discussion and a mod sent me here. on my thread there was some others who went back to look at what i am talking about and noticed it to.

Miranda 177 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Miranda Click to send private message to Miranda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
lisalee writes:
>did anyone else catch when they
>were coming back from jills
>date they were pulling into
>the driveway of the house
>and they showed them both
>in the truck as it
>passed by the camera? it
>had jodi and the steering
>wheel on the wrong side
>of the truck and jill
>was on the side, if
>you are driving.
>does that make sense?

I think it does. I didn't catch that particular oopsie, but I sure as heck caught Jill LITTERING when she was getting into the truck when Jodi was driving her to the restaurant. Littering is one of my biggest peeves! Especially n.a.s.t.y ciggy butts. I'm so glad that one beach after another is outlawing smoking in Cali. Not that I mind smoking, for those that do, outside. I just don't want to walk in their butts. Ewwwww...
Miranda

cronemoon 86 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cronemoon Click to send private message to cronemoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I get frustrated when they show fast clips of what you think is going to be shown in TODAYS EPISODE and NOPE you see it in next weeks show

or they say "recently on SO."HG ____________ experienced this.. and they show a clip of something that happened 2 weeks ago..

so that you even see old shows where a HG has been gone for weeks.. very choppy and very sloppy put togeather..

also a BIG PROGRAM FLAW with me..

FAILURE TO MAINTAIN AND UPDATE your WEBSITE and Episode guide..

I try to look beyond these program flaw bloopers..I am surprised the HG are not tripping and falling over the camera wires and crew..

lets keep our fingers crossed they reduce their program flaws get their act togeather and come out with a better season 4

the wheels are falling off the wagon..lets not shoot the horses yet...

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Hi Lisalee I guess we goofed and put in the wrong thread. Ohwell I'm going to repost my response here.

I didn't notice it yesterday but I went back and checked and you are so right!!! How weird is that?It doesn't make sense to me it was almost like a European car. Somehow its got to be a mistake with the camera almost like a mirror effect! Weird! weird!Weird! Those of you that have it recorded go back and check it out! Its when they are returning from Jill's date.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I didn't notice it..and wish I had the ability to rewatch it and see. Is it possible that the cameraman was driving at that point and they accidently included that footage?

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-06, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-06 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

No the camera man is not driving. The shot is from outside of the car Jodi is sitting on the right side ( which would be the passenger seat) and Jill on the right. Ya sure they could of switched seats but that doesn't explain why the steering wheel is in front of Jodi. Who Knows? Its a strange thing.

lifeless_93 65 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lifeless_93 Click to send private message to lifeless_93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I noticed that Jill and Jodi were switched. I thought to myself that they must have stopped somewhere and forgot who was driving when they got back into the car. (Also wondered where it was that they stopped)

Orangutan 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Orangutan Click to send private message to Orangutan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
I didn't see the episode, as I'm currently living in China and getting all my SO updates from the internet, but I would guess that this is a flipped image.

It is fairly common in tv/movies/commercials for a scene to be shown in which the physical film is flipped, giving you a kind of mirror image. It's either due to carelessness or the overall shot just looked better that way.

02-24-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
64. "RE: SO Program Flaws"
Welcome to the boards, Orangutan!

Yep, it especially becomes obvious when you see, say, a train go by with its numbers mirror-reversed.

Talk, talk, it's only talk . . .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •