The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S29 | Ep 13 | Title, Tweets and Teases *No Sources*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-14, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S29 | Ep 13 | Title, Tweets and Teases *No Sources*"
Title: "Let's Make A Move"

JP tease via EW:
I think we are officially now hitting the homestretch. What can you tease up for next week?
Ah, next week holds a special place in my heart because we have a challenge that was created and designed by a very special challenge producer. Austin Russell is a thirteen year old from Texas who made a visit to location through our friends at Make A Wish. His big dream was to contribute a challenge that would end up getting used on the show and boy did he deliver! Not only is it a cool challenge involving a huge teeter-totter and buckets of water, but it ends up creating unexpected reality on the show. That is always the hope of a challenge — that it changes the game in some way. This is definitely game changing for one player. Read into that whatever you want: It’s gonna be fun!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 JP via EW tribephyl 12-04-14 1
   RE: JP via EW Flowerpower1 12-04-14 2
       RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-04-14 3
           RE: JP via EW suzzee 12-04-14 4
               RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-04-14 5
                   RE: JP via EW Georganna 12-04-14 6
                       RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-04-14 7
                           RE: JP via EW Georganna 12-04-14 9
                               RE: JP via EW michel2 12-04-14 11
                                   RE: JP via EW Georganna 12-04-14 16
                                       RE: JP via EW michel2 12-05-14 24
                                           RE: JP via EW Georganna 12-05-14 26
                                               RE: JP via EW michel2 12-05-14 27
                                   RE: JP via EW Outsider32 12-04-14 18
                                       RE: JP via EW michel2 12-06-14 38
                                           RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-06-14 39
                                               RE: JP via EW chemig902 12-06-14 40
                                               RE: JP via EW michel2 12-07-14 46
                                                   RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-08-14 49
                                           RE: JP via EW Georganna 12-06-14 41
                                           RE: JP via EW Outsider32 12-07-14 44
                                               RE: JP via EW michel2 12-07-14 47
                       RE: JP via EW chemig902 12-04-14 8
                           RE: See reply to Kingfish, above ..... Georganna 12-04-14 10
                               RE: See reply to Kingfish, above ..... kingfish 12-04-14 14
                       RE: JP via EW Brownroach 12-05-14 20
                   RE: JP via EW michel2 12-04-14 12
                   RE: JP via EW Sheldor 12-04-14 13
                       RE: JP via EW kingfish 12-04-14 15
 S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Sheldor 12-04-14 17
   RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Flowerpower1 12-04-14 19
       RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-05-14 21
           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Murphy3126 12-05-14 22
           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release 5cats 12-05-14 23
               RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-05-14 30
       RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release michel2 12-05-14 25
           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release kingfish 12-05-14 28
               RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-05-14 29
               RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Outsider32 12-05-14 31
                   RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-06-14 32
                       RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release tribephyl 12-06-14 33
                           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release michel2 12-06-14 34
                           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-06-14 36
               RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release michel2 12-06-14 35
                   RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release kingfish 12-06-14 37
                       RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release coldbrewer 12-06-14 42
                           RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-06-14 43
                               RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Outsider32 12-07-14 45
                                   RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release Brownroach 12-07-14 48
 Regarding the Missy injury tease. kingfish 12-09-14 50
   RE: Regarding the Missy injury teas... chemig902 12-09-14 51
       RE: Regarding the Missy injury teas... kingfish 12-09-14 52
           RE: Regarding the Missy injury teas... kingfish 12-10-14 53
               RE: Regarding the Missy injury teas... Sheldor 12-10-14 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-04-14, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "JP via EW"
Full Interview can be found here.

Reporter: So Natalie made a big move to switch her vote to Alec instead of Keith, but help me out here with something: Once Jon won immunity, why didn’t she and Baylor stick with their original plan and just vote out Jaclyn instead? Isn’t that the biggest move they could have done?

JP: Well, that’s a better question for them because their strategy is just that — theirs. I really can’t comment on what they’re thinking but I will say this — I think Natalie is playing a very aggressive game and making a lot of moves and I think Baylor is doing a very good job of staying just close enough to her to be able to claim some credit, but not so close to get burned. It’s going to be an interesting finish as I think the game could go a few different ways depending on who wins the next few challenges!

Flowerpower1 4330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-14, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JP via EW"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

Probst: Clearly stating the obvious. Touting Baylor for staying close enough to be under the radar but still able to take some of the credit for the moves, makes me think Natalie will "get burned" for playing too hard too soon?

Winning the challenges from here on out will be critical! When is the last time they can play their idols?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-14, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JP via EW"
F5? Seems like I remember that. And anyway, what with there also being an IC winner at TC, the HI holders would pretty much get a pass to F3 after that.

And I agree, it sounds like he's hinting that Nat will get burned, and that Baylor will be in the final three. And with power couple Jon and Jac in lockstep, it would seem to favor them being the other two.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-14, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: JP via EW"
I don't know about Jon, I thought his edit took some real hits lately. He looks like he can't make decisions on his own (playing his first idol only when Natalie and Jaclyn, apparently tells him to and in the last episode, he's shown running to Missy for support while Jac's confessional about him having to consult his mom on everything IRL. That's not the way a Survivor winner is going to be portrayed at this stage of the game.

I should be watched....closely.

12-04-14, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JP via EW"
True. He does look vulnerable edit wise.

But with the 3 votes for Keith, Jon can deduce the votes were from him, Jac and Keith (the only vote getters were Alec and Keith, and Keith surely didn't vote for himself), and that in order for there to have been 4 votes for Alec, Nat Missy and Baylor had to have lied to them before TC and again at TC.

He's on to all three of them now. If they don't know that he has the HI, they might team up against him (with a prodding from vindictive Nat), and whoever Jon and Jac votes for will be gone. Unless they play Nat's HI.

If Missy is medevac’d, that leaves Nat, Baylor and Keith in their crosshairs. I'm guessing that Nat would be the especially duplicitous target in their eyes.

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-04-14, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JP via EW"
Jon told Natalie that he had found the HII. Baylor and Natalie told Missy that 'they' had the other. But, I don't recall any of the three women telling Jon or Jaclyn that Natalie (who evidently has physical possession of the 2nd one) has an HII.

And, so far, I don't think that ol' Keith knows about either ...

G

12-04-14, 04:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: JP via EW"
Unless Jon is really smart and gives the HI to Jac at the last moment, and so far his light bulb has been flickering, that makes Jac's future seem to be in doubt.

What a great move that would be though.

12-04-14, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: JP via EW"
But ...

If Missy does leave the Game, Baylor, Natalie and Keith could split their votes 2 - 1 and a)flush Jon's Idol | b) send one of Jon or Jaclyn to Ponderosa.

At worst, there would be a 2 - 2 tie with the revote a 2 -1 foregone conclusion.

Note: I don't think that Fire Starting kicks in until Final Four.

G

michel2 4503 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-04-14, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: JP via EW"
You can't split votes when you are 3 against 2. You need 4 votes to nullify the idol and boot the other person.

12-04-14, 06:43 PM (EST)
16. "RE: JP via EW"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

It dawned on me a bit late that, normally, that would be true ...

But, in this case (should Missy be removed from the Game), there are also two opposing HIIs that would be in play at a resulting Final Five.

And, assuming that one of Keith, Baylor and Natalie win II, if they play their one of the two HIIs correctly and deflect Jon's and Jaclyn's 2 votes (or 1 of their 2 votes - if split), then no matter how Jon plays his Idol, he or Jaclyn leaves the Game or there is a tie and a 2 to 1 revote.

Or, am I still behind a mathmatic 8-Ball?

G

12-05-14, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: JP via EW"
It would work only if Jon and Jaclyn vote for Natalie and she plays her idol. If they vote for Keith then he goes and Natalie wasted her idol.

The two votes against Jon would be cancelled but the two votes against Keith (or Baylor) would count and the single vote against Jaclyn would mean nothing.

12-05-14, 05:55 PM (EST)
26. "RE: JP via EW"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-14 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

Since it is really unlikely that Missy is going anywhere, this is very probably a moot point ... but ...

There are five players left in the Game - Jon and Jaclyn | Natalie, Baylor and Keith. HIIs must be played or become invalid.

One of Natalie, Baylor or Keith has won II. For argument's sake, let's assume this fortunate soul is Baylor.

A - Jon and Jaclyn cast their two votes against Keith. Natalie, Baylor and Keith cast two votes against Jon and one vote against Jaclyn. Jon plays his Idol for himself. Jaclyn now has one valid vote against her. Natalie plays her Idol for Keith. Jaclyn leaves the Game.

B - Jon and Jaclyn cast one vote against Keith and one vote against Natalie. Natalie, Baylor and Keith cast two votes against Jon and one vote against Jaclyn. Jon plays his Idol for himself. Jaclyn now has one valid vote against her. Natalie plays her Idol for Keith. Natalie now has one valid vote against her. On the revote, Jon casts his one vote against Natalie. Baylor and Keith cast their two votes against Jaclyn. Jaclyn leaves the Game.

Idols are gone and Jaclyn is at Ponderosa.

Isn't she?

G

Note: The only advantage that Jon and Jaclyn would gain by splitting their votes would be the opportunity to argue their case during the mandatory discussion between votes.

12-05-14, 06:46 PM (EST)
27. "RE: JP via EW"
Normally, you split the votes to cover all angles. Here, you are leaving a big door open when you say that Natalie plays her idol for Keith. What if JJ voted for Natalie? She'd have split the votes, given her idol away and gotten the idol bounce all at the same time. Not a fun way to go out of the game.

It's much better to let Jon think that Keith is the target and then pile all three on Jaclyn.

Outsider32 584 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-14, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: JP via EW"
What she is saying is Nat plays her idol for Keith(or if he wins immunity on himself) and she and Keith vote for Jon and have Baylor vote for Jaclyn. While Jon and Jaclyn vote for Keith or Nat(if Keith does not have immunity). It will also be the last time the idol can be played so Nat will play hers and Jon will play his. I think the blindside will be Jaclyn or Baylor(if J/J turn on her and get Keith to) and it could even be Keith if he thinks he's safe.

12-06-14, 01:14 PM (EST)
38. "RE: JP via EW"
I know what she is saying but the simple answer to these two questions show why splitting votes when you are 3 against 2 isn't smart at all even with HII in play:

- Why do people split votes? They split votes to avoid risks. If you have 4 votes to split on 2 people then you avoid all risks but it simply does not work when you are 3 against 2.

- Who is in a position to split the votes? Not Keith who is just hoping someone, anyone, will vote with him. Not JJ either. We have to look at this from Natalie's and Baylor's POV.

So why would Natalie and Baylor split the votes especially if Natalie has an HII and Baylor wins immunity? They are completely safe so they have no risks. At worst, they get Keith to vote against Jaclyn with them and, if Jon gives his HII to her then Keith goes. Natalie and Baylor are still in the game to fight against JJ at F4.

You'd have Natalie giving her HII to Keith for what? To keep him safe and run the risk that she gets voted out instead? That's not smart at all.

Consider that my way of doing things could get Jon voted out even if no one votes for him at first! Suppose N/B/K vote Jaclyn while JJ vote for Nat. Jon gives his HII to Jaclyn and Nat plays hers. All five votes are cancelled, something we've never seen before. How would it be resolved? Most likely all five vote again but they can only vote for either Jon and Keith. Jon gets voted out on the revote!

12-06-14, 02:02 PM (EST)
39. "RE: JP via EW"
"How would it be resolved? Most likely all five vote again but they can only vote for either Jon and Keith. Jon gets voted out on the revote!"

Wouldn't they probably only be allowed to vote for Jac or Nat? Maybe Jac would get booted on the revote, but Baylor or Keith would be less inclined to vote Jac than Jon, and Nat could get the crucial vote.

Also, the IN would be involved, a wild card. Worth really checking out the promos for any indication of who wins IC.

And other wild card is Missy. Does she heli out, or doesn't she? Would she prefer when push came to shove that Nat leave, or Jon?

chemig902 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-06-14, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chemig902 Click to send private message to chemig902 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: JP via EW"
Good questions kingfish.

I got lost in the conversation as to who the hypothetical targets would be. If Nat and John are targeted (N/K/B vote for Jon J/J vote for Nat) and both play a HII, neither of them could be voted out and would not included as an option in the re-vote. This would be novel enough territory that it would hyped as a "Survivor first." Of the remaining J/K/B, one would have II and also free from worry about being voted out. Usually those who have received votes in the first round do not get to vote in the re-vote (not sure how that would work with J/N immune from the re-vote and with 2 who did not receive votes as the only choices. Would they be able to vote because they can only vote for themselves?). It seems they would have to go to a tie-breaker. Since there are only 2 who could possibly go home and since the only time there has been a 2 person rock draw was for IC advantage last season, it would revert to a fire starting competition.

The hype is on Missy's possible medivac, not on TC firsts. I'm thinking Missy will feel confident enough in her position to risk toughing it out for 5-6 days with a bum ankle for a shot at $1M. She wouldn't be worried about having to win II to stay in the game. And who knows where we stand with RCs after the last one. Missy staying would open up a number of possibilities for game play, and leave more opportunity for a Nat blindside.

12-07-14, 12:55 PM (EST)
46. "RE: JP via EW"
"Wouldn't they probably only be allowed to vote for Jac or Nat?"
I was working on Georgianna's scenario where Baylor had won immunity while Jac and Nat had played HII. All votes being cancelled, I'd think those three would remain immune, leaving only Keith and Jon eligible for elimination. Do you think they'd cancel the HII to force the vote between Jac and Nat?

12-08-14, 12:19 PM (EST)
49. "RE: JP via EW"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-14 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

No, you’re right, probably not, immunity at TC is sacred to the game. But if those three were immune, and some combination of those three received all the initial votes, something new and different would have to happen on the revote. The revote would have to be between these not immune, I would think, breaking the normal revote rule.

12-06-14, 03:14 PM (EST)
41. "RE: JP via EW"
Natalie and Baylor are still in the game to fight against JJ at F4.

Well, things are looking up. I'm being understood. So, I'll push my luck ...

First: I merely inserted Baylor's name in an II slot that could just as well have been filled by Keith's. And assumed for the purpose of the argument that neither side knows how the other will vote.

That said: I suggested splitting the three votes - assuming also that the HII would be played for the one of the two (of the three) who appeared to be the most likely target - because the tactic broadens the possibility - but, admittedly, does not guarantee - that one of Jaclyn or Jon would be voted out.

Then.

And, I think, that if Natalie played it safe only to reach the Final Four with an intact/inseparable Jaclyn and Jon - who have no reason to wish to sit beside Natalie at the Final Tribal Council - she would have won the battle and lost the (Terry Deitz ... ) war.

Although, I will also admit that there is something to be said for living to fight another day. She could, I suppose, win the last II Challenge.

And I do really like your concluding scenario.

G

12-07-14, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: JP via EW"
Because Jon and Jac are a pair and getting one of them out is better than none. Also, Nat will not beat Jon in a firestarting challenge and she probably knows that. If Jon is along at f4 and doesn't win immunity he's done. Keeping Jaclyn means it will go to fire. However Keith or Jon will have immunity. If he does win immunity Nat has Baylor with her and Keith will go unless Jon wants Nat out bad. Which I doubt.

12-07-14, 01:10 PM (EST)
47. "RE: JP via EW"
"Because Jon and Jac are a pair and getting one of them out is better than none."

But being safe is fundamental. Natalie would be dumb to give her HII to Keith. Anyway, putting three votes on Jaclyn does get one of the pair out unless Jon gambles on his own safety and gives her the idol.

Also, Nat will not beat Jon in a firestarting challenge."

What evidence are you using as basis for that call? We've heard that Natalie is good at tending the fire so I think she'd have a good chance of beating him.

12-04-14, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chemig902 Click to send private message to chemig902 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JP via EW"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 04:48 PM (EST)

I think you are correct, Georganna. IF Missy is taken out by medical, it should be very interesting with 1 II necklace, 2 HIIs and 5 players. Unless Jon wins II again, he can only save himself or Jac with the HII. Would he play it for himself or think that the other 3 would go after Jac and try to save her? If Jon wins II, they are in a great position with at least one of them making it to F3.

Question, if Missy is taken out, would we get a cycle with no TC @F6? Or will they hold the F5 TC instead and go into the finale at F4?

As far as a surprising winner, the candidates seem to be Keith, Jaclyn and Baylor. Jon has been shown as very vulnerable, identified as trying to solicit sympathy votes and has definitely been shown as one a journey--to build a future with the woman he loves and to come to terms with his father's impending death and the mistakes he made in life that have kept them apart. Jon is definitely on a journey; I don't see him as the winner.

It seems as though a Missy medivac would take a huge emotional toll on both Baylor and Jon. It would also impact both players' end games.

12-04-14, 05:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: See reply to Kingfish, above ... "
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

Oops! I forgot about II!

But, given the edit to date, I don't think that a Baylor (or Missy ... or Jon) win would be a 'surprise'. I do think, though, that Natalie (or Keith or Jaclyn) winning the Game would be.

Note: And it suddenly occurs to me that, even without an II between the two of them, if Jon and Jaclyn play 'their' HII correctly at Final Five and Baylor, Natalie and Keith should split their vote 2 - 1, the worst thing that could happen would be that one of that three would leave the Game. ETA: In fact, unless Natalie's HII should be played correctly, there would be no advantage gained by splitting the vote 2 - 1.

I think.

Keith and I have a lot in common:

Advancing age and a failing grasp of rudimentary math ...

G

12-04-14, 05:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: See reply to Kingfish, above ... "
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

It's them higher numbers.

They will both play their HI's if this is the last time they are playable, one would think. So it sorta depends on how B N and K agree to vote. But whatever, their plans can be defeated should Jon make sure everyone knows that he has it and that he will play it, and then gives it to Jac at the last moment.

They may be leary of Jon's repeat of this ploy, but they kinda have to respect it too. At least they would be in a quandry, and people in a quandry can be erratic.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-14, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: JP via EW"
Jon told Natalie that he had found the HII.

He also told Missy that he found it.

12-04-14, 05:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: JP via EW"
Missy and Baylor were supposed to vote for Alec so they didn't lie to Jon. It was Natalie who was told to vote against Keith but went rogue. Jon knows it,s her so that makes it even dumber that they didn't go against Jaclyn.

Sheldor 4555 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-14, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: JP via EW"
Kingfish wrote: "But with the 3 votes for Keith, Jon can deduce the votes were from him, Jac and Keith (the only vote getters were Alec and Keith, and Keith surely didn't vote for himself),"

I'm sure you meant Keith's third vote was from Jon, Jac, and Alec not Keith

"and that in order for there to have been 4 votes for Alec, Nat Missy and Baylor had to have lied to them before TC and again at TC."

I thought the plan before TC was they were going to split the votes 3 for Keith (Jon/Jaclyn/Natalie) and 2 for Alec (Missy/Baylor) in case they had an idol.

The ONLY one that lied and switched votes was Natalie which is why Jon, Jaclyn, Missy, and Baylor all looked so very surprised that Alec got the most votes.

12-04-14, 05:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: JP via EW"
Correct on all counts. Both of you. Thanks.

Also explains the quizzical look on Missy's face after the vote.

12-04-14, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"

A SHOCKING TRIBAL COUNCIL LEADS TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST BLINDSIDES OF THE SEASON, ON THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, DEC. 10

“Let’s Make a Move” – A shocking tribal council leads to one of the biggest blindsides of the season. Also, a sudden ankle injury could lead to a medevac just days before the game ends, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: One of the biggest blindsides of the season happens in a shocking tribal council #SURVIVOR #CBS 12/10 8pm http://bit.ly/1tUBUlL

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/view?id=41411

Flowerpower1 4330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-14, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

Okay, this is going to be phun to ponder! First of all, the sudden ankle injury must not end in a medivac. If Missy were medivac'd, then there would be no need for a TC...imo.
She can put up with an ankle injury, more than likely.

One of the biggest blindsides of the season....first of all, the biggest blindside of the season was Jeremy, bar none! Is this going to be a blindside for us, or for them....? Right now, I know that Jon is suspect. Especially after Natalie went rogue with her last vote. He verbalized that he got bad vibes before TC as well. I think he knows he's the one to beat.

Regarding the title, "Let's Make a Move", clearly that's Natalie plotting, she wants Jon bad. I just can't help but feel working with Keith is the kiss of death, so I have to wonder if Natalie could be blindsided. CTGirl noted that Natalie stated last ep that she was so done with surprises at Tribal, perhaps foreshadowing her blindside...next ep she will think she will not get votes because of her HII, so she won't play it. She will think she's orchestrating the blindside, yet, Baylor who could be pissed at her going rogue and taking out Alec, her boy, could be the one aiming for her. Natalie would be a huge blindside, and it would fit with her huge confessional spike out of no where, and it would be ironic for her to go out that way, as Jeremy and Nadiya did before her...just saying'...

Or, it's just Jac.

Keith and Baylor: Safe

12-05-14, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-14 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

Agree the medevac won't happen.

Missy and Natalie both know that Jon has an HII, so we can assume Baylor does too. Only Missy knows about the Natalie/Baylor HII, and she'd be a fool to tell Jon now that the time has arrived for the pairs to start dismantling each other.

Jon doesn't seem interested in working with Keith, since he wants Keith out. So J&J would need both Missy and Baylor to get rid of Natalie. But I can't see Baylor going for that (I think your Alec-boot rationale is way flimsy😊). More likely Missy will see that it's time to break up the other pair, so one of Jon and Jaclyn goes. We've already been primed for a Jon blindside so maybe it will be Jaclyn instead, if they are worried about the idol.

Or they could all just gang up on Keith. That could constitute a big blindside in the eyes of CBS, if he's totally not expecting it.

ETA - Although...

Everyone has talked about how Baylor only does what Missy says. Missy might convince Baylor to vote for Natalie, so Baylor can keep the HII for herself. Hmm, I kind of like that idea...

Murphy3126 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-05-14, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Murphy3126 Click to send private message to Murphy3126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
Baylor was willing to keep Missy out of the loop for the Jon vote that didn't happen when he won immunity. I'm thinking Baylor makes the "Lets make a move" quote to Missy (after Natalie pushes Baylor to talk to her Mom & sell a Jon vote to get to start setting up F3). Missy, Baylor, Natalie & Keith could then split votes against J&J, then vote J or J out in re-vote. Of course it could just be a meaningless quote from one J to the other J!

5cats 1186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-05-14, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
"Everyone has talked about how Baylor only does what Missy says. Missy might convince Baylor to vote for Natalie, so Baylor can keep the HII for herself. Hmm, I kind of like that idea..."

Natalie found the HII and I am assuming she hid it. She also said she wished Baylor hadn't seen her find it. How is B going to get it without asking for it which would put up a red flag for Natalie unless Natalie is convinced Baylor is the target and I can't see that happening.

12-05-14, 11:06 PM (EST)
30. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
Good point. Though Natalie told Missy that "we" found the idol. But yeah, we don't know exactly what Natalie did with it, but whatever she did, it was probably when Baylor wasn't there.

12-05-14, 05:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
When Jon told Missy about his idol, they showed an image of Natalie alone in the water. I think those two will "drown" Natalie.

Baylor knows that Natalie is scheming hard and she may find it funny at first but she must tell her mom at some point. Missy will take charge and keep her "boy", the one that bulldozes over people and who will be her ticket to the prize.

12-05-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
28. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
Editing: (where's that thread?) One thing that stands out to me is Nat's disparagement of Jon's wine talk.

After Nat accuses Jon of being a wine snob, Jon is shown at TC explaining in a very touching way just why wine tasting is so important to him, and that it is a link between him and his dying dad.

That (Nat's edit) shows her mean spirit and is not the edit of someone that eventually wins Survivor. She's definitely being shown as the villain.

Very sympathetic for Jon, though.

12-05-14, 11:01 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
Well. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation of what various things "mean." Which is as it should be. 's all good. 😊

12-05-14, 11:29 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
If Natalie was the villain why do the fans love her and hate Jon?

12-06-14, 00:22 AM (EST)
32. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
What fans are you referring to?

12-06-14, 02:15 AM (EST)
33. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
me, for one. I loathe that guy.
I don't feel it in me at this second to go on a TerryDietz level bashing of Jon but boy is he worthy of one.

12-06-14, 03:11 AM (EST)
34. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
That Dietz reference made me laugh and I'm with you on that Tribe. The problem is that I think SEG prefers Jon over Natalie.

12-06-14, 04:27 AM (EST)
36. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
But, but...he's steering the ship, as he told us himself. Surely he deserves to win this, no? (Unless Missy's upcoming "accident" upstages his sob stories about his dad).

12-06-14, 03:13 AM (EST)
35. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-14 AT 03:14 AM (EST)

Kingfish wrote:
"Editing: (where's that thread?)"

Here it is:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8231.shtml

...and you're welcome to join in!

12-06-14, 09:56 AM (EST)
37. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
The old "hide things in plain sight ploy eh? I'm on to your tricks! (Apologies, I looked for it but my eyes apparently just skipped over it).

But whatever (wherever?), the editing of that episode was sympathetic for Jon and unsympathetic (IMO very unsympathetic) for Nat. And the fact that they didn't include a rehabilitating confessional showing that she felt bad about saying those things, whether or not there was one, is telling also.

I suspect it was a set up for Nat's upcoming eviction. And since numbers dictate that it has to be soon, she's probably next.

coldbrewer 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-06-14, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-14 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

Isn't this the last time they could use their HIIs? I see Nat and Jon using their HIIs.

It also depends who wins the II. Based on the TJ spoiler, I don't think Jon or Jac and even Missy wins the II. I see Keith or Natalie winning the II.

For it to be "shocking", maybe Nat wins II and uses her HII on Keith. The stray vote is on Jac and she gets voted out.

But hey...I'm no expert. Haha

thanks Agman!

12-06-14, 08:50 PM (EST)
43. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-14 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

It's usually at Final 5 that an HII can ultimately be used. If that's true for this installment, the HIIs would be good through the first segment of the finale.

It did occur to me that if Natalie wanted to blindside Jon without seeming to be responsible for it, she could give her idol to Keith, tell Keith everyone is going to vote for him (Keith), and therefore Keith needs to vote for Jon and play the idol. Of course, we know that Keith isn't very good at comprehending or following instructions. And this would be a better plan if no one else knew that Natalie has an idol.

12-07-14, 04:24 AM (EST)
45. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
Only problem with that is when Keith plays it Jon will know he's writing his name down so he will play his.

12-07-14, 01:17 PM (EST)
48. "RE: S29 | Ep 13 | Press Release"
That's true, too. So, never mind. 😊

12-09-14, 10:22 AM (EST)
50. "Regarding the Missy injury tease."

The Medic says in the promo that if they have to heli Missy out for X-rays, that she will leave the game. Implying that maybe the injury isn’t severe enough for her to be pulled, and they need the X-rays to make an informed decision.

FWIW, I think this something besides an ankle injury.

If it’s an ankle injury (per personal experience) they don’t really need the X-rays to determine whether they would need to pull her. If she can put weight on it, even with pain, she should be OK. If there’s a broken bone in her foot or ankle, or even if she’s just stretched the ligaments, such as in a severe ankle roll, she can’t use it and would be pulled, with or without X-rays. They’ll still take them, but they wouldn’t be the determining factor. If it’s a leg injury, the need to X-ray means that there is a possibility of a cracked leg bone. It might also be a knee injury, but they hurt like hell and the joint bends differently, and you pretty much know the story right away. It’s harder to tell whether a leg bone is cracked (and she would have to be pulled) or just badly bruised (and she could painfully continue), and you would need an X-ray to know.

12-09-14, 09:41 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Regarding the Missy injury tease."
An ankle injury is non-lifethreatening. I spent 6 years in high school and college working with sports injuries. They would want to X-ray an ankle injury to determine if there is a fracture or ligament damage. Sometimes a severe strain an be worse than a break, but if it is something they need to set, they would want to X-ray and do that right away before there is too much swelling. If she chooses not to have the X-ray, they could still stabilize the ankle and she could opt out of any challenges--with this F6, she will not be voted out for doing that. From personal experience, I know that you can recover from a broken ankle that is not x-rayed or set, but that it can lead to problems later on. But, for $1 Million, I'd take that risk again. With the knee you usually don't need to x-ray because you are dealing with soft tissue--cartilage and ligaments. You usually MRI knees. Medical did not pull James when he had his knee problem. He stayed until he asked to be voted out. A broken tibia would be highly painful, so she would most likely seek medical attention. IF there is a crack or a hairline fracture in a bone, it usually doesn't present immediately. There is usually pain that does not resolve with ice and heat therapy.

12-09-14, 10:07 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Regarding the Missy injury tease."
I guess the point I was making with that is that if the Medic needed an X-ray to determine whether she could stay or not, it probably wasn't an ankle. You can't put weight on a broken Calcaneus or Talus, you don't need an X-ray to tell you that, it's evident right there on the beach. If it's just a mild roll or sprain, she can limp on it.

But you can put weight on a leg with cracked leg bone, you need the X-ray to differentiate between a really painful bruise and a cracked bone.

12-10-14, 11:10 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Regarding the Missy injury tease."
Missy's ankle support in that post Survivor picture (if that's waht it was) probably is a remnant of the game though.

12-10-14, 06:25 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Regarding the Missy injury tease."
Ankle Fractures (Broken Ankle)
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00391

A broken ankle is also known as an ankle "fracture." This means that one or more of the bones that make up the ankle joint are broken.

A fractured ankle can range from a simple break in one bone, which may not stop you from walking, to several fractures, which forces your ankle out of place and may require that you not put weight on it for a few months.

Cause

• Twisting or rotating your ankle
  • Rolling your ankle
  • Tripping or falling
  • Impact during a car accident

(Note: First 3 causes seem consistent with an injury in that Immunity Challenge and probably a mild fracture where Missy can still walk)

Symptoms

Because a severe ankle sprain can feel the same as a broken ankle, every ankle injury should be evaluated by a physician.

Common symptoms for a broken ankle include:

• Immediate and severe pain
    • Swelling
    • Bruising
    • Tender to touch
    • Cannot put any weight on the injured foot
    • Deformity ("out of place"), particularly if the ankle joint is dislocated as well

(I'm assuming Missy has the first 4 Symptoms)

Imaging Tests

If your doctor suspects an ankle fracture, he or she will order additional tests to provide more information about your injury.

X-rays. X-rays are the most common and widely available diagnostic imaging technique. X-rays can show if the bone is broken and whether there is displacement (the gap between broken bones). They can also show how many pieces of broken bone there are. X-rays may be taken of the leg, ankle, and foot to make sure nothing else is injured.

(Survivor doctor is probably recommending X-ray for the above reasons but would have to pull Missy from the game to do the x-rays. Since it is not life threatening it is probably Missy's choice)

Nonsurgical Treatment

You may not require surgery if your ankle is stable, meaning the broken bone is not out of place or just barely out of place. A stress x-ray may be done to see if the ankle is stable. The type of treatment required may also be based on where the bone is broken.

Several different methods are used for protecting the fracture while it heals. ranging from a high-top tennis shoe to a short leg cast. Some physicians let patients put weight on their leg right away, while others have them wait for 6 weeks.

You will see your physician regularly to repeat your ankle x-rays to make sure the fragments of your fracture have not moved out of place during the healing process.

(I'm expecting Missy will have an ankle brace of some sort or a high-top tennis shoe)

Outcome

Although most people return to normal daily activities, except for sports, within 3 to 4 months, studies have shown that people can still be recovering up to 2 years after their ankle fractures. It may take several months for you to stop limping while you walk, and before you can return to sports at your previous competitive level. Most people return to driving within 9 to 12 weeks from the time they were injured.

---------------

(Missy photo is mid October which is 3 months after she would have been injured. Seems consistent to be all cleared for sports 3 months later if she had a mild ankle fracture which was stable.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •