The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Anyone Else Notice....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Anyone Else Notice....."
How Rodger is secretly playing the game? Most everyone is treating him as a "Softie", and someone who isn't really there to be cut-throat and betray people. BUT, no one seems to have noticed how he is playing the game....

1. Rodger always tries to be as nice as he can, around EVERYONE. This makes sure there isn't alot of heat within the tribe, as well as helping Rodger preserve a few more days in the tribe.

2. Rodger lied to Debb in the first episode. He told her that he would most likely vote for Jeff....which led Debb to believing him, while in reality Rodger voted for her. BUT, this could also be smart for Rodger, because it cost Jeff one vote, which could possibly lead to his demise if there is a tie. Remember, in Debb's farewell chat she said that she was shocked and surprised that kind ol' Rodger voted for her.

3. Rodger also surprised Kimmi by voting for her. We didn't see anything, but could Rodger have possibly told her that he was voting for Jeff? Kimmi voted Jeff....which is one more thing to hurt Big J if the tie comes into play.

4. If you go back over what Mike said in a few interviews, it was easy to tell that he, Liz, and Rodger had some sort of alliance....another smart move by Rodger.

*Now, here are some things to expect from Rodger..

1. Proboably doing the same as he did to Kucha to Ogakor in the merge, being a really nice guy and making them think that he is nowhere close to being cut-throat.

2. Maybe winning an Immunity Challenge, or Prize Challenge that will help his stay on the island. Several challenges from last season involved thinking, which Rodger is good at. Don't be suprised either if Rodger wins some form of a Physical Challenge, it just depends what is put up on the table.

3. Expect Rodger to make it as far as possible, I believe he will make it into the final four like Rudy did. Even though Rodger isn't quite as old, cut-throat, or psychically gifted as Rudy, Rodger isn't the old dumbass we percieve him to be.

Hopefully, these theories are right, because Rodger is one of my top three favorite Survivors....GO RODG!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Anyone Else Notice..... Minstrel 03-07-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-01, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does Anyone Else Notice....."
What I think holds the most water is that Rodger is really being himself. Kind, considerate, etc. That is his strategy and it is a fly under the radar strategy. His face after physical challenges includes worry that he can't compete in this area and that he may be targeted. But now, the weak have a slight advantage since they are not as threatening to win at the moment.

But I do not see Rodger planning the deceit you say he has. The Debb issue seemed as if it was day 2 to me, so by the next day, he changed his mind since Jeff was at most only whining while Debb bossed everyone around. But think about it, why would a nice considerate man tell someone they are voting for them anyway? Just to be honest? Honesty doesn't work well and we saw that with Kel, Maralyn, and even Kimmi to a slight degree.

I also think Mike was the one to tell Kimmi to vote for Jeff, but we never really saw much here. What we saw was Mike and Kimmi together talking. Mike was taking some of the pressure off of him knowing that Rodger and Elisabeth would vote Kimmi, but he was not sure of Jeff, Alicia, or Nick. So by telling Kimmi to vote Jeff and he would vote Kimmi, the worse he would be would be a 3-3 tie with Jeff, who would have been voted off based on Jeff getting hit by Debb in E1 (I think we didn't see this vote though, but Mike could have known this or deducted this).

Rodger had less of a reason to pull this coup since he had no votes that he knew of) and Kimmi was a problem from E2 on. Yes, he was weak and fell down, but he seemed to get support from the tribe where Kimmi was a daily problem. And, I don't think Rodger is dumb (not that you implied I did), and actually, I am pulling for him to some degree. Maybe more than I admit. That jump was really scary and he was afraid of heights I think. Add the ability to swim like a two legged dog and that took guts! Which is why the tribe supports him.

BTW, had Mike been able to return quickly, he would likely have received similiar thoughts and treatment as Rodger for "giving it his all." An aspect that is probably highly respected by any of the survivors. Strategy or otherwise, Mike was a team player just like Keith is.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •