The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 4375 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-14, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
A thread depository for post game exit interviews; discussion and speculation.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Post ep 5... Flowerpower1 10-24-14 1
   RE: Post ep 5... suzzee 10-24-14 2
       RE: Post ep 5... michel2 10-24-14 4
   RE: Post ep 5... tribephyl 10-24-14 3
 RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... PepeLePew13 12-01-14 5
   RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... chemig902 12-01-14 6
       RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... Georganna 12-01-14 8
       RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... Flowerpower1 12-03-14 11
   RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... Sheldor 12-01-14 7
   RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Me... Brownroach 12-01-14 9
 Wes....interesting! Flowerpower1 12-03-14 10
   RE: Wes....interesting! Brownroach 12-03-14 12
   RE: Wes....interesting! Georganna 12-03-14 13
   RE: Wes....interesting! chemig902 12-03-14 14
 Post Reed boot Flowerpower1 12-04-14 15
   RE: Post Reed boot michel2 12-04-14 16
 Alec Christy... Flowerpower1 12-05-14 17
   RE: Alec Christy... Outsider32 12-05-14 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-24-14, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Post ep 5..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-14 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

Kelly Wentworth Interviews:

First one located here. Note this:

Why did they come after you? Why didn’t they come after your dad?

Well, it’s a couple of things. First of all, it had come to Missy that I wanted Jon out , so Jon knew. He obviously thought, “I need to get Kelley out before she gets me out.” I think just looking between my dad and myself, I was more of a threat. I had alliance members over on Hunahpu that I totally would have connected with at the merge. My dad was kind of by himself. I love you dad, but… he didn’t have anyone else at this point. He was an easy throwaway.

So, while the edited conflict was really between Missy and Dale, and then we got Jacklyn's perspective that she couldn't trust Baylor, it sounds like the vote was to Kelly because Jon needed to get her out...

Next, there is a very interesting article by ew.com, located here, that gives some of Jiffy's perspectives...

What I found the most interesting is this tidbit:

We’re a good 5 episodes in now so I’m curious on your take on how this Blood vs. Water — with all newbies — is different from the previous one where you had 10 returning players. How is the dynamic different — if at all — with all strangers?
It’s a totally different dynamic. I wasn’t sure at first how it was going to play out, but then again, I rarely am. It’s always a big question as you lead up to a premiere and then the first few weeks into the show. But now that we’re up and running and I’ve been talking to fans, I’m very happy to hear that people are enjoying it. I think the lack of returning players combined with some very young people (Alec, Baylor, Wes) as well as guys like Keith, who don’t even really know the game, have combined to make this a very unpredictable season. You don’t have any “favorites” to win because for every Jeremy or Josh, who seem to be playing very hard, you have a Drew or a Keith, who can mess things up because of their very different style of game play. That leaves this thing wide open for somebody to steal it. The person who wins this season is going to have to do a great job of reading the playing field and seeing where the opportunities are for advancement. I think what is going to be fun is watching how this unfolds, especially given the new tribes and the division of loved ones. Who will ultimately win out? Singles or loved ones? Definitely some surprises to come.

This line in particular, "You don’t have any “favorites” to win because for every Jeremy or Josh, who seem to be playing very hard, you have a Drew or a Keith, who can mess things up because of their very different style of game play. That leaves this thing wide open for somebody to steal it.", makes it sound like Jeremy or Josh, (ETA: Or Keith) will NOT be our winner, it will be someone that will come in and "steal" it...someone unsuspecting...hmmm?

Another interview by our own Realitytvworld located, here

A clip: Kelley Wentworth: Yeah, I just think that I was a bigger threat, and in other things, that I had been gunning for Jon when I was on Hunahpu. I wanted to get Jon out because I knew Jon and Jaclyn would be a big threat come the merge, and Missy caught wind of that and told Jon that I wanted him out.

Here is another very interesting tidbit....Missy and Jon...

Reality TV World: Your dad seemed to be the one that Missy and Baylor had a problem with. People also talked about how he was weak in the challenges and things like that. You think that was all just a big smokescreen, that you definitely knew they were coming after you?

Kelley Wentworth: Yeah, I did. Because again, you know, I was going after Jon, and Missy and Jon were actually really close. It was almost like a mother-son relationship. It was very strange. They knew that I was probably not going to align with them, especially come the merge, and I did try. I did try to talk to everybody.

And I just think, again, my dad, he didn't really have any alliance members. So, why would they go after him? He's easy to get out next week or the week after that or even come the merge. He's not really tied to anybody.

Regarding our boy, Keith: Kelley Wentworth: Oh my gosh, Keith wasn't deciding anything. He just went wherever they told him to go. I mean, I tried talking strategy with that guy and it was like talking to a brick wall. I mean, he just did whatever they said, and he and Missy, I think, were also pretty close.

So...Missy is keeping all her options open and managing relationships well. She was seen in an alliance with Jeremy, Kelly, Natalie. Kelly tells us that she was very close with Natalie, but also close to Jon and Keith. Smart.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-14, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Post ep 5..."

Thanks FP for gathering these articles together.

In the Parade interview Kelly claims that Jon is so against singles I wonder what will happen should Jaclyn be voted out or as Kelly makes it appear that he's deciding the party line now.

Kelly said she was playing utr yet Jon's reason for voting her out over Dale was that Kelly declared herself a long time fan and he decided that was a threat. I would have thought that a long time fan would decide to keep your fan status quiet.

Lot's of Missy said this, Missy did that going around. The "mother-son" relationship I may take with a grain of salt knowing how rough Kelly's father-daughter relationship seems to be. That comment of hers could be tinged with a little jealousy. I'll have to be seeing more Jon/Missy relationships before I lean that way.

I should be watched....closely.

michel2 4531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-24-14, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Post ep 5..."
"I would have thought that a long time fan would decide to keep your fan status quiet."

Maybe she did keep it quiet. I think its her dad that blew her cover. Drew targeted Kelley only after coming back from exile and talking to Jaclyn. Jaclyn could have heard that Kelley was a superfan from listening to Dale over camp fire.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-14, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Post ep 5..."
makes it sound like Jeremy or Josh, (ETA: Or Keith) will NOT be our winner, it will be someone that will come in and "steal" it...someone unsuspecting...hmmm?

In line with that, we have this Kelley blurb from the Examiner.

Tom Santilli: So at the point of the swap, you are now on the tribe with your dad. You really only had one play, which was to try to convince Jon and Jaclyn to vote with you, not against you. Do you perceive yourself to be a better overall player than your dad? Is that the reason you think they targeted you first over him?

Kelley: Yes, absolutely. Love you dad, but yes, absolutely. If you are Jon and Jaclyn and you're thinking long-term... granted Baylor is a flipper. I think they made a huge mistake not voting her out. She has shown time and time again that she will just go wherever the wind blows her.

Sounds like Baylor ultimately flips on Jon/Jaclyn.

I'm guessing that Missy and Baylor will ruin many a best laid plan.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-14, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
I always find these to be interesting, and sometimes very revealing:

Wes's Word Association

Holmes: Alright, let’s do some word association. We’ll start with Alec.
Nale: My boy.
Holmes: Jon?
Nale: Liar.
Holmes: Jaclyn?
Nale: Lazy.
Holmes: Natalie?
Nale: Good player.
Holmes: Missy?
Nale: Useless.
Holmes: Baylor
Nale: Annoying.
Holmes: Reed?
Nale: Sneaky.
Holmes: Keith?
Nale: One liners.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2014/12/01/survivor-castaway-wes-my-dad-got-scared-and-blurted-it-out/

Nothing particularly spoilerish but I don't see Missy getting a vote from Wes or some of the other 'bro' types. The editing pattern suggests that Baylor will make the F3, but I think she'll be shut out in the voting - Wes isn't the only one to put the 'annoying' label on Baylor.

Now, if it turns out to be a Jon/Missy/Baylor F3, then that's going to be an interesting vote as Wes (and the others) gotta vote for somebody. If Natalie is there instead of Jon, for example, she's getting Wes's vote.

chemig902 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-14, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chemig902 Click to send private message to chemig902 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-14 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

Looks like, other than his Dad, Wes would be most comfortable voting for Nat or Alec.

Nat is playing hard, though, and I expect her to end up with a target on her back. Jon has several targets. Depending on how the HII(s) are utilized and whether there is a rock draw this week luck, karma and strategy will all have an impact on the F6.

I keep coming back to Probst"s comments: You don’t have any “favorites” to win because for every Jeremy or Josh, who seem to be playing very hard, you have a Drew or a Keith, who can mess things up because of their very different style of game play. That leaves this thing wide open for somebody to stealit.Of those left, the only one who could "steal" rather than "earn" it would be Alec. Also, Probst mentions "Jeremy, Josh, Keith and Drew." Drew was out early enough to never have been a contender like the other is that grouping, but his little brother is still there and is playing exactly the game Probst identifies with the winner: The person who wins this season is going to have to do a great job of reading the playing field and seeing where the opportunities are for advancement. That has been Alec's ONLY game reading the shifting winds and staying UTR. Most of us can't stand him and can't see a way where he could win, but reading the clues, there is still a chance, especially since the J/J drama and the J/N/R schemes continue to keep the spotlight off Alec.

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-01-14, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-14 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

I agree that there is a very valid case to be made for an Alec win. But, I think that Jaclyn and Natalie could also be cast as the Season's thief.

And, even though he is a member of the 'group', Keith:

Probst's comment regarding '... watching Keith learn how to play Survivor ' is still outstanding | unfulfilled. As is Keith's declaration that he will 'figure it out'. And, after his glaring errors, it would be hard to argue that the audience wouldn't consider a Keith win a knee-slappin', I'll-be-damned steal. Too, the ol' boy from Shreveport isn't shabby at Challenges and I haven't yet heard a player express caution about taking the personable ol' fireman to F3. In fact, it may be that some of the egocentric personalities remaining in the Game were foolishly inclined to think of him as a useful ol' goat.

Finally, there is now Wes's proxy million-dollar quote (on behalf of his ol' man) contained in the younger Nale's Ponderosa clip.

So, I'm not giving up on ol' Keith yet.

G

12-03-14, 10:41 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
If you take Jeremy, Josh, Keith, and Drew out, then I see these two as the ones that are really making the most of opportunities that present: Natalie and Jon. Jon for first jumping with Jeremy to take out Josh, then taking out Jeremy, and then playing his idol at TC, albeit because he listened to Natalie's advice, and Natalie, for finding an HII, and for reading the TC that was in front of her...these two, imo, are the ones that are playing situation to situation. Clearly at this point, Natalie seems to be in a better situation...

One thing that can be said is that Keith in NOT doing a great job of reading the playing fired and seeing where the opportunities are for advancement....does this discount a Keith win?

Sheldor 4639 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-14, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
I assume players are coached by CBS to cast doubt on who they voted for in their exit interviews though each castaway handles the interviews with different skill level.

Last year the jurors one word association for Tony was:

Lacina: Sneaky
McLeod: Can I say like, “guido?”
Wood: Tony is conniving.
Bland: Grr…backstabbing, betraying, untrustworthy, wannabe Russell Hantz.
Fox: Crazy.
Hegarty: Character

(Note: Gordon Holmes did not publish an interview with LJ)

Everyone above vote for Tony except Tasha Fox.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-14, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S29 | Post show Interviews ~ Media"
The editing pattern suggests that Baylor will make the F3, but I think she'll be shut out in the voting

I would assume she'll get one vote from Missy, if Baylor is in the F3 and Missy isn't. Unless Baylor helps vote Missy out. Or unless Missy decides she can't stand Baylor either.

12-03-14, 10:30 AM (EST)
10. "Wes....interesting!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

Tom Santilli from examiner.com: Was there any thought to take it from him? Any regrets?
Wes: Yeah, I mean I did, but I would have probably just been the next to go. They're trying to get rid of all of us. I felt I may have had a better shot at the challenges and they'd probably take me out next. I figured if he hung around they might have kept him a little bit longer just because they wouldn't have seen him as such a threat. So I thought about that. I also thought about keeping the Idol and not playing it, he'd have gone home, and then I'd still be in the game with an Idol. So we had a bunch of scenarios, but he wanted to play it and I couldn't stop him, it's his Idol, so I just said play it how you want to play it. I figured he might have played it and then told Jeff to play it on Wes, but he didn't do that. So, that's it.

Tom Santilli: Your dad seemed to make a huge mistake when he said "stick to the plan" at Tribal Council. How do you think Tribal goes down if he doesn't say what he said?

Wes: If he wouldn't have said that I would assume that Jon wouldn't have played his Idol, he would have felt safe just like we planned on, and he would have went home and it would have been a game-changer. But that's not how it went. You got to take the good and the bad, I guess.
Wes: Oh, as soon as it came out of his mouth, I knew one of us was going home. I knew we had the Idol, it was just a matter of who was going to be safe from it. He was the one that was safe from it.

Tom Santilli: You were in an all-guy alliance before and after the merge even. Why weren't you able to create stronger relationships with the women in the game, like Baylor or Jaclyn, who were both on your original alliance?

Wes: Well Baylor, she did whatever her mother said once they merged. And there was no turning Missy, Missy thought she had it all figured out. So Baylor was going to do absolutely whatever her mom wanted to do. My dad had also found out that Missy and Baylor had voted for him, so he didn't want to work with them either. And Jon and Jaclyn, I thought Jon wanted to work with us, he looked me right in the face and said he wanted to work with us, and bold-faced lied to me, didn't even wait to be behind my back to lie. And Jaclyn, she just laid in the shelter and was lazy, kind of like Baylor, and she never talked strategy with anybody. And she's going to turn that on us and say we never talked strategy with her, well, she never once talked strategy with almost anybody. That's kind of why we didn't work with any of them. I would have worked with Natalie, definitely, but she already had a solid alliance that she didn't want to flip against.

Tom Santilli: Speaking of Jaclyn, we saw on TV that a huge part of why she didn't want to work with you guys was how she felt disrespected around camp. Did you know that she was feeling that way while you were out there and just didn't care, or do you feel like Jaclyn was overblowing that a little bit? Or what was your take on Jaclyn and how she felt she was treated?

Wes: She acted like we disrespected her because we never talked to her while Jon was at Exile. But she never talked to us anyways, even when Jon was there. All she talked to was Jon. Why would we change that just because he's gone now? She never wanted to talk to us so why would we want to talk to you? I guess she felt disrespected by that, when we would talk strategy with him and then he'd tell her about it. That's the whole take on that.

Tom Santilli: Especially compared to many other players this season, you weren't really shown as being all that strategic of a player. Were you happy with how you were portrayed on TV?

Wes: Yeah, definitely. They made it look like Josh was the ringleader, but me and Alec had a bunch of say in it. Me and Alec talked maybe the most out of everybody and they don't even show me and Alec really even talking that much. They didn't show that part, they just showed us laying back and laying low, and going with the flow. Me and Alec had a bunch of ideas that we threw out there and people took, but they don't really show any of that. So yeah, I also feel like I'm a lot funnier than they showed. Keith is getting all the good one-liners out there, that everybody is eating up, and I thought that my one-liners were even better, and they're not showing those.

Tom Santilli: Has your dad surprised you at all with his gameplay? From coming into the game with him, not knowing how he would do, what do you think of how your dad has done so far?

Wes: Oh yeah, he's definitely hung around a lot longer than I thought he would. He hasn't watched much Survivor...I mean, he's watched a few seasons, but he doesn't really know the strategic side of it. But he's picking it up quick as he's playing. I feel like that's helped him a lot. I'm hoping he's still learning and that he gets even farther in the game.

Tom Santilli: Who did you want to go the very end with, had you stayed in the game? Obviously your father would be one of them...

Wes: I would have definitely liked to go to the end with Alec, no doubt. But if I was playing strategic, I wasn't too sure I could beat Alec. I might have beat Alec, I might not have beat Alec. I would have taken Baylor, I would have take Jaclyn and I would have take Missy. That's who I would have wanted to take. Because I knew for a fact that one of them wasn't going to beat me. Or anybody. If Baylor, Jaclyn or Missy all end up in the Finals, they're not going to win. That's what I feel like. I would have taken two out of those three to the Finals with me.

This almost spells out that whoever is in the F3 with Missy and Baylor will win the game...Nat, Jon, or Keith?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-14, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wes....interesting!"
I'm hoping he's still learning and that he gets even farther in the game.

That's a pretty lukewarm vote of confidence for Keith, lol.

Of those left in the game, the only one he doesn't mention at all is Reed. Is that because Reed is joining him at LL shortly? Hmm.

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-14, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wes....interesting!"
Wes: Oh yeah, he's definitely hung around a lot longer than I thought he would. He hasn't watched much Survivor...I mean, he's watched a few seasons, but he doesn't really know the strategic side of it. But he's picking it up quick as he's playing. I feel like that's helped him a lot. I'm hoping he's still learning and that he gets even farther in the game.

Well, he's certainly familiar with the corporate 'picking it up, figuring it out, still learning' line regarding Keith, isn't he?

G

chemig902 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-03-14, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chemig902 Click to send private message to chemig902 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Wes....interesting!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Very interesting, but myeye is drwn to more evidence of Alec as the hidden winner.

"I would have definitely liked to go to the end with Alec, no doubt. But if I was playing strategic, I wasn't too sure I could beat Alec."

Show Wes sees Alec as someone he genuinely likes, but the only one mentioned that he is not sure he could beat. (Yes, I realize he did not mention Reed, Jon and Keith as people he thought he could beat)

" They made it look like Josh was the ringleader, but me and Alec had a bunch of say in it. Me and Alec talked maybe the most out of everybody and they don't even show me and Alec really even talking that much. They didn't show that part, they just showed us laying back and laying low, and going with the flow. Me and Alec had a bunch of ideas that we threw out there and people took, but they don't really show any of that."

At least in Wes' mind, Alec had a strategic game that we have not been shown.

12-04-14, 10:42 PM (EST)
15. "Post Reed boot"
From the Xfinity interview with Gordon Holmes:

Reed's interview with Xfinity:

Gordon Holmes: Why were you flirting with Jaclyn when her boyfriend was at Exile?
Reed Kelly: (Laughs)
Holmes: Wait, those are my questions for Alec.
Kelly: (Laughs)
Holmes: I can salvage this…why was Alec flirting with Jaclyn?
Kelly: That’s just Alec. It’s who he is. How can you not love that face? He’s trying to work his game. I give him props.

Holmes: You’re a Broadway talent. On a scale from one-to-ten, how do you rate Jon’s Disney singing ability?
Kelly: I have to say, I was really impressed. His singing I’ll give him like a six, but his character work is definitely a nine or ten, Gordon.
Holmes: That’s been a popular opinion that his character stuff is scary good.
Kelly: Within the Broadway community we have a special appreciation for people like Jon. He’s passionate about his Disney movies.

Holmes: Are you going to be watching “Peter Pan Live!” tonight?
Kelly: Absolutely. All of my friends are on it. I’m so excited for them.

Holmes: It looked like you had Jon and his idol out of the game and then Keith…uh…he had his moment.
Kelly: Stick to the plan, Gordon!
Holmes: Have four words ever been more disastrous?
Kelly: What happened was, there were so many plates spinning to make it happen. And I told Wes and Keith, “We can make this happen, this is going to be epic. Just don’t get spooked. I’m going to have to come after you at Tribal and draw attention to the fact that you guys have an idol. Don’t let this throw you. The only reason I’m doing this is I have to make the majority alliance believe that I’m really with them. Don’t freak out.” But, apparently I’m too good of an actor because I really freaked them out.
Holmes: In their defense, you are a professional actor.
Kelly: (Laughs) It was one of those moments where he said, “We need to stick to the plan” and I wanted to step outside and light myself on fire.
Holmes: There are many convenient ways to do that at Tribal.
Kelly: I know, right? But it happened, and I adore Keith and Wes. It’s just interesting when you’re working with people who aren’t huge “Survivor” fans and they don’t behave in a predictable manner.
Holmes: When Josh wants to get your goat, does he say, “Stick to the plan?”
Kelly: (Laughs) There’s so many other ways that I can get back at him, that we kind of don’t do that. When you beat someone in a sumo challenge, that’s always good material.

Holmes: I like players who appreciate good moves, even if they’re against them. And it seemed like Jon had a positive attitude after you almost sent him home.
Kelly: I think Jon is just good-natured in general. Almost to a point where it gets frustrating because you get a lot of nice things with Jon and you say, “OK, you’re very sweet. But, I need you to stand up for something right now.”

Holmes: Jon said he trusted you last night, then Natalie swung over and he was like, “You scoundrel, I can never trust you.” Did you have a chance to address that again after his fight with Jaclyn?
Kelly: No Gordon, that was it. I had to sneak off into the woods and circle around just to have that conversation with Jon and Jaclyn. Missy and Natalie were guarding Jon. They were watching him like a hawk. I feel like Jaclyn was down with the plan, but when you have two people who start fighting with each other for five-to-six hours, it doesn’t make for the best gameplay. I felt like Jon was open to the idea for a minute.
Holmes: Jon and Jaclyn always find themselves in the middle. Is this a larger strategy or do they just go where the wind takes them?
Kelly: Yes. (Laughs)
Holmes: (Laughs)
Kelly: They really were in the middle. It was because they were playing for opportunities which can be a strategy. But, it’s frustrating when you’re wondering where they’re going to be this time. I’m not sure if it was a strategy for them, or if it was just the circumstances they found themselves in.

Holmes: You and Missy had it out after you called Baylor a brat. I found this annoying because I’m thinking at this point you’re headed for the jury. Terrible jury management.
Kelly: Absolutely. And the moment if flew out of my mouth I thought, “Why did you do that?” You’re not only attacking Baylor, but you’re attacking her parenting style. I regretted it. But what you didn’t see is Baylor had been ragging on me all day. You’re starving, you’re exhausted. It is what it is. I knew there was no coming back from that. But, I tried to extend an olive branch after they returned from the reward. I kind of got this thing from Baylor where I’m apologizing and she said, “You know, Reed. You just really need to learn to tame your tongue.” And I was like “OK! I’m not going to go any further with this.” My mom raised me better. I’m a little frustrated that I let a 20 year old get my goat.

Holmes: Alright, let’s do some word association. We’ll start with Jon.
Kelly: Wine.
Holmes: Rocker?
Kelly: Big.
Kelly: Pageant.
Kelly: She-wolf.
Kelly: Hysterical.
Holmes: Baylor?
Kelly: No comment.
Holmes: Alec?
Kelly: Bro!
Holmes: Wes?
Kelly: Road house.
Kelly: Spit.
Holmes: Let’s finish with Josh.
Kelly: Aww…love.
Holmes: Adorable.

Holmes: So, nobody has given a positive answer for Baylor yet.
Kelly: Really? That’s unfortunate. I don’t dislike her as a human being, but it was rough out there with Missy and Baylor.

Holmes: You are a super fan. You got out there and made some major moves. What is your takeaway from the experience?
Kelly: I get really mushy about it. It really is a dream come true. You’re out there and you’re miserable, but for me I was so loving and hating it. Jeff Probst is like “Reed is doing this!” and “Reed is doing that!” and I’m thinking, “Jeff Probst is saying my name right now!” It’s so epic and beyond words and such a blessing because there are so many super fans who want to do the show. I hope we gave the super fans some hope.

Holmes: You and Josh are abstaining from sex until marriage.
Kelly: Yes, it is a daily commitment.
Holmes: Are there any plans for a marriage?
Kelly: I think at this point we would say we’re seriously dating with intent on marriage. It’s something we talk about quite frequently. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was on the very near horizon.

Kelly: They really were in the middle. It was because they were playing for opportunities which can be a strategy. But, it’s frustrating when you’re wondering where they’re going to be this time. I’m not sure if it was a strategy for them, or if it was just the circumstances they found themselves in.

Reed states "they were playing for opportunities". Isn't this what Jiffy said the winner would have to be able to do...the winner will be able to play the game not based on history, but what presents in front of them...taking advantage of opportunities that arise...food for thought.

michel2 4531 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-14, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Post Reed boot"
...but neither wins.

12-05-14, 12:04 PM (EST)
17. "Alec Christy..."
Xfinity interview with Gordon Holmes:

Gordon Holmes: First and foremost; what’s a meat collector?
Alec Christy: (Laughs) That’s great. Me and my buddies are exactly that. Our fridge is filled with venison, tuna, mahi mahi…we kill stuff, we fillet it, we put it in our fridge. We collect it, we cook it. That’s what we do. We’re big on killing things that were once living and putting them in our fridge.

Holmes: You and Baylor…one second she’s sitting on your lap, the next you want her to smell your farts.
Christy: (Laughs) That’s great, man. Oh my gosh. It’s just tough to be out there with someone for that long. Every little tendency Baylor would have would start to frustrate me. I don’t know. But, at the same time, I like Baylor. Baylor’s a sweet girl. I’m still frustrated with her. Her running to her mom, and then she’s crying…there were a lot of factors about her that frustrated me. She’s still just a little 20-year-old girl. She’s still growing up and stuff. I don’t not like Baylor. When you’re out there and you can snap so easily because you’re hungry or tired or whatever, I think my frustration toward her just shined more.

Holmes: When Jon was away at Exile you were accused of flirting with Jaclyn. Was that part of a strategy, or was that just everyday Alec?
Christy: I think it’s a little of both. It could fall under everyday Alec. But, I needed Jaclyn and I needed Jon. I thought, “Let’s go see what you can do here.” I was being nice, trying to talk to her. It was nothing past playing the game for me.

Holmes: Your brother didn’t last long into the game. It’s got to feel good to have those bragging rights.
Christy: I think Drew knew that I was going to beat him. Drew’s a little bit more high maintenance. Drew doesn’t rough it the way that I do. I’ll get my punches in because I beat him in “Survivor.” I’ll be able to hold onto that forever. I’m proud of Drew. We’re glad we did it together. But, I’ll be able to say, “You got voted out on day nine after you threw a challenge. How does that feel?”
Holmes: The big question is; who has the more impressive meat collection?
Christy: Oh, no way. Drew is not a meat collector. Everybody loves that quote, “Meat Collector.”
Holmes: I’m thinking it’d be an outstanding title for a horror flick.
Christy: (Laughs) “Meat Collector!” Like with a chainsaw or something.

Holmes: Drew said some misogynistic things, calling people a “b—h.” There was the situation where Jaclyn thought you, Keith, and Wes were being sexist. Were these things you were cognizant of at the time or has it just come to light now that it was viewed this way?
Christy: I said it like it was. If you want to call me rude because I tell you how I really feel about you when you do nothing all day and the reason you’re surviving is because of me and the other people that are making the fire, collecting wood, getting water? I’m busting my knuckles open to get clams off of these rocks while you sit and then you eat more than me? That’s not cool. If you want to vote me out or call me rude, whatever, do it. But, I can’t live that way. I wasn’t raised that way where I can watch people work while I sit on my #####. That was not OK.
Holmes: So the accusation that your behavior was sexist…
Christy: Oh, I am not sexist. I have nothing against any of those women except that I was carrying more weight than I needed to because you’re not carrying enough.

Holmes: We didn’t get to see much of you out there due to the edit. Is there anything you were doing that you want us to know about?
Christy: I had a pretty strong gameplan with Josh, Jon, and Jaclyn. And Jon and I had a big conversation they didn’t show with Josh about getting Jeremy out when Julie was still in the game. So, that was going to be a huge move. It was going to set up a lot of things for me. After that I was still working with Jon to get Missy out or Natalie or whoever. I really was trying to play with Jon and Jaclyn because I knew Missy and Baylor were all over the board and I didn’t want to play with them. But, Jon was too hesitant to make a big move.

Holmes: Alright, word association time. Let’s start with Jon.
Christy: A little bit naïve.
Christy: Man, country boy.
Christy: Miss Michigan.
Christy: Conniving.
Holmes: Baylor?
Christy: Young.
Christy: Natalie was a bad #####.
Holmes: Wes?
Christy: He was outgoing, he was funny, he had this awesome accent. And that kid loves “Survivor.”
Holmes: Let’s finish with Drew.
Christy: Drew was overconfident and maybe full of himself.

Holmes: If Julie hadn’t quit and you’d been able to bounce Jeremy, what would’ve been your goal for final three partners?
Christy: It would’ve been tough to go to the final three without Natalie or someone like that. But I would’ve tried to get there with Jaclyn and Baylor.

Outsider32 584 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-14, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outsider32 Click to send private message to Outsider32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Alec Christy..."
I don't think Jon is getting his vote. he will vote for Keith, Natalie, or Baylor(if she's there with Jon and Missy).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •