The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fox announces "The Brotha""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fox announces "The Brotha""
Coming this summer to FOX, the leaders in reality television, is the new reality dating series "The Brotha".

Andre is a 28-year-old professional athlete who makes $2 million a year, is a multi-millionaire (we checked this time - it's legit!), incredibly handsome, intelligent and well-mannered. He asked us to help him find a woman that could be his wife.

But this is FOX, so you know there are some twists. And we introduced several of them:

* Andre is African-American.
* The women are all white, ultra-conservative, and told us they would never consider dating an African-American. Some of them even told us they hate black people. Isn't that special?
* Andre doesn't know the women don't really think he's their type.
* The women know a lot about Andre - but not his skin color.

This series has six episodes, structured like this:

EPISODE 1 - "They Meet"
Andre meets the 25 women who were recruited to be after his heart. Both sides are shocked at what they see. Will anyone run away screaming? Andre spends a little time with the women and then he has to choose 15 of them to give little toy female dogs to.

EPISODE 2 - "The 'Hood"
Andre takes three groups of women to the ghetto (it doesn't matter where; all ghettos are alike) for some interesting activities. No glamour here, and everyone is a little uncomfortable at the surroundings. Can anyone make the best of them to impress Andre? One lucky woman gets wined & dined by Andre as far away from the ghetto as possible. Who will it be? Only nine women make it to the next round.

EPISODE 3 - "The Feast"
Andre invites two groups of women to his bachelor pad for a feast of spare ribs, chitlins, fried chicken, watermelon, and other foods we know African Americans like. Which women will bust their diets to enjoy the spread? Also, Andre's friends come to town to get to know the women. The woman that is judged most compatible with Andre gets a feast and some one-on-one time. This may be the most dramatic ceremony yet, as only four women get to go to the next round.

EPISODE 4 - "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, 2004 Edition"
Andre meets the parents and friends of his four chosen women. The parents and friends are even more conservative than the women themselves, so sparks are sure to fly. Only three women survive to move on. Who will they be?

EPISODE 5 - "In Heat"
Andre has three overnight visits to get to know the final three women better. As you'd expect, there are three highly bugged fantasy suites involved. But there's a twist - we told each of the women that they would be paid $50,000 if they could get Andre to sleep with them in the fantasy suite. Who takes the offer? And which two make it to the final episode?

EPISODE 6 - "Here Comes the Bride?"
Andre takes the fianl two women to meet his mama. Mama is conservative too in her own way and has strong opinions on the type of girl Andre should marry. Does he listen to her or does he listen to his heart? After the meetings Andre goes to pick out a ring for his chosen one. Will he propose? Will she say yes? Oh, and as one final twist, we offer each of them $100,000 to get married on the spot, with an extra $500,000 bounty if the marriage survives a year. Will they take us up on our offer? You'll have to tune in to find out!
Oh yes, if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, this is an April Fool's Day joke. Have a great one!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" Survivorerist 04-01-04 1
   RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" cyborg 04-16-04 7
 RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" Loree 04-01-04 2
 RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" smiley 04-01-04 3
 RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" managerr 04-01-04 4
 RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" mookiemeister 04-08-04 5
   RE: Fox announces "The Brotha" PC452 04-08-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
Hahaha, this is so unbelievably amazing! You so funny...

"I'll need a big spoon because I have a big mouth."

cyborg 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyborg Click to send private message to cyborg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
This is coming from the same network that cancelled True Colors because too many black ladies wrote in complaining they didn't want to watch a show about a black man being married to a white lady. Wow. I think it's a stupid idea.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
The sad thing is that FOX will probably steal this idea.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-01-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
OMH I was reading this absolutely cracking up....don't underestimate FOX...I can see this happening.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
Whew! I went from mildly interested to shockingly appalled. I put nothing past Fox!!! Good one!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
This sounds so legit that for a second, I thought it's for real.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

PC452 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PC452 Click to send private message to PC452 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fox announces "The Brotha""
They can't be serious

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •