The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starting Over:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kuulei 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-04-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuulei Click to send private message to kuulei Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starting Over:"
Those women man they have got it made it seems that they don't have to worry about there bills at home nothing imagine that. I really want to comend the Life Coaches they are doing a fabulouse job. They are touch lives in and out of the house around the world.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starting Over: chickadee 01-05-06 1
   RE: Starting Over: kittywink 01-05-06 2
   RE: Starting Over: pegasustt 01-05-06 3
       RE: Starting Over: Barbied0ll 01-05-06 4
       RE: Starting Over: Ijustsharted 01-05-06 5
           RE: Starting Over: pmfmpls 01-05-06 6
 RE: Starting Over: AshLanie 01-05-06 7
   RE: Starting Over: pmfmpls 01-05-06 8
 RE: Starting Over: Kattrikk 01-07-06 9
   RE: Starting Over: lovemydogdude 01-07-06 10
       RE: Starting Over: ohmaheck 01-07-06 11
 RE: Starting Over: OklaBlue 01-07-06 12
   RE: Starting Over: shawnar 01-07-06 13
 RE: Starting Over: GoodnightLittleBear 01-07-06 14
 RE: Starting Over: staceeturner 01-07-06 15
   RE: Starting Over: staceeturner 01-07-06 16
       RE: Starting Over: staceeturner 01-07-06 17
           RE: Starting Over: Cygnus X1 01-07-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chickadee 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-05-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chickadee Click to send private message to chickadee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Starting Over:"
I wonder if the women get paid weekly or monthly? And how much do they make?

kittywink 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-05-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kittywink Click to send private message to kittywink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Starting Over:"
These women obviously have nothing to worry about since they're living in a mansion for free and not working. How about that Allison not wanting to leave? Why, will she have to get a job? Oh boo hoo! These women need a dose of hard work, that'll teach them to cry about bull$hit!

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-05-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Starting Over:"
someone on the board said a long time ago that they each get $500.00 a week.

TT

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-05-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Starting Over:"
wow, and Alithin didn't take advantage of that and put at least $400 of that a week to her debt! Holy cow, with as long as she has been on the show rent free, she could have really put a dent in that debt!

How wasteful. How long was she on for 9 months?, so $400 a week times 4 weeks is 1600$ a month times 9 months is 14,400.00, that can't be right, it must be 500$ a month.

Could you imagine having the opportunity to pay off that much debt and just throw it away, gosh I really hope she didn't throw away that type of an opportunity!

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-05-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Starting Over:"
>someone on the board said a
>long time ago that they
>each get $500.00 a week.
>
>
>TT

That is not true. Nyanza said on her website it cost her money to be there cause she got so far behind on her bills. She stated that all she got was the money for the food.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Starting Over:"
Ahhh! But Nyanza getting behind on bills might be because %500 a week is a LOT less than she requires to pay her bills. She was pulling in way more than that in her law practice. Maybe $500 a week is grocery money to her. I have a friend (also an attorney) who bought a pair of socks on sale for $24.99, and thought that was a real bargain!

I mean, I have a great career, and an income I won't complain about, but I know I don't make what any upper-level attorney makes (after six years of graduate school! I think I picked the wrong profession).

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-05-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Starting Over:"
Hannah, first season, said it took her months, after she graduated to get caught up on her bills she had left to enter the house.

They get (if may have changed from the first season) a grocery allowance of 500 a month to be used among all the ladies. If one ahs kids, then the show pays for their child care while the Mom is in the house.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Starting Over:"
Yeah, I guess the only time it would be profitable is if you weren't paying rent, etc, somewhere while you stayed in the house. The financial benefit is living in that gorgeous house, and getting all the therapy/life coaching at no cost.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-07-06, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Starting Over:"
I really would love to know the exact details regarding this because I have heard so many different stories. The one I heard was actually on a different board and this was last season. I remember it was said that they had to change their compensation policy due to problems with the ladies getting into financial trouble from the first season, so they ammended it to pay their essential bills (rent, car payment, etc) while in the house IN ADDITION to $600 weekly. I have heard that repeated one other time on this board from a different poster, so I thought maybe it was true and now others have heard $400, $500, and child care only. Surely their rent/mortgage must be paid because otherwise, these women wouldn't have a house to go home to. Obviously they don't have a form of income other than the SO house. Hmm.. I just don't know.. but would like to!

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Starting Over:"
I'm fairly new to this link and hadn't read any info re: this until now. I've been very interested to know how this works. Kat I hope your right (and it makes more sense) that they are reimbursed for rent, utilities, etc.. They'd have to make more than $500/wk to survive if they lived in i.e. California..cost of living for each HG probably comes into play. Still I'm sure when they return to real life they could easily have gotten behind with bills depending on how many bills they had in the first place.

ohmaheck 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmaheck Click to send private message to ohmaheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Starting Over:"
I have actually asked Rhonda this question. She said the women get a weekly stipend to HELP with their essential bills at home (they dont pay the whole thing), and money weekly for groceries.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Starting Over:"
I'm pretty sure I heard that on The Biggest Loser participants get $700 a week. That may be a standard figure for these types of programs. Don't know. They have to have enough to sustain their regular lives while on the shows and many leave a job, so there must be a nice incentive to be on these programs, including SO.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-07-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Starting Over:"
I seem to recall Vannesa on her blog a while back saying that SO helped her finacially with things at home so she could go on the show. I had also heard that law requires people on a reality show to be paid at least a certain amount. I could be wrong but I remember this question coming up last season.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-07-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Starting Over:"
With the exception of Jessica and TJ, none of the other women this season had jobs prior to entering the house (not counting Christina's freelancing). Jill lost her job due to her behavior while on the air (radio), I assume Allison stopped working when she was diagnosed with cancer, and Lisa lost her one job years ago because she's a dingbat. So how were they paying their bills prior to the show (we know how Lisa was doing it)? I think they should get a stipend for expenses while living in the house but it's their choice to leave their family, home and jobs to be on the show so they shouldn't be compensated for that, JMHO.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Starting Over:"
>Those women man they have got
>it made it seems that
>they don't have to worry
>about there bills at home
>nothing imagine that. I
>really want to comend the
>Life Coaches they are doing
>a fabulouse job. They
>are touch lives in and
>out of the house around
>the world.

01-07-06, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Starting Over:"
>>Those women man they have got
>>it made it seems that
>>they don't have to worry
>>about there bills at home
>>nothing imagine that. I
>>really want to comend the
>>Life Coaches they are doing
>>a fabulouse job. They
>>are touch lives in and
>>out of the house around
>>the world.

01-07-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Starting Over:"
this is my first time on the board and just started another job and as soon as I turn on the t.v the same last episode I saw the last time i watched was on and Allison is now going to graduate this week?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Starting Over:"
Welcome to the boards, Stacee.

This thread has info about the reruns, which ended on the 6th.

For more on what awaits Allison, check out the spoiler forum.

I'm not sure exactly how much of that is spoiler info or not, so I'm playing it safe.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •