The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
I taped some "Airline" shows from A&E, and watched them in one long setting. This is a half hour reality show that is aired in one hour blocks about SouthWest Airlines. It focuses on several airports, Chicago and L.A., and is an unscripted look at a modern airline in operation. The reason it is hard to take is that every episode features ##### passengers blaming the airline for their own stupid mistakes. I am astounded that people would sign releases permitting everyone to see how they can behave so badly in a public setting. The patience that is displayed by the airline employees is absolutely remarkable....I would kill some of these jerky passengers, or say something so inappropriate that my career as an airline employee would be over in a flash.

A real funny episode was about a woman with her grandmother who shows up in a wheel chair accompanied by a monster oygen tank. The Airline will not let her fly without a medical release that she will not need oxygen, and without the release they will not let her fly. Oh boy! Such drama ensues. The Grandmother says there will be hell to pay...she is an American and has the right to get on the flight. Her adult grandaughter blames SouthWest for the Doctor's failure to issue this release. There is a ten year old boy along who tells the camera that they are going to sue! The Airline actually tries to accomodate these lunatics by assisting her to get in touch with the doctor, and permitting the doctor to fax over a release. Then it comes out that the woman was discharged at the insistence of the grandaughter, and against medical advice. No Doctor is going to issue a release under those circumstances. It is both funny and grim....all at the same time.

A&E is repeating these shows several times during the week, and at odd hours, but I think this show is worth a look.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard ... MollyTV 04-01-04 1
   RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard ... mtopaz 04-02-04 2
       RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard ... Esbea 04-13-04 3
           RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard ... mistofleas 04-13-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-01-04, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
i love this show too...but i am sick of the drunks...over and over...and seems a little discriminatory about who is more drunk to board the plane....some i thought they did it just cause they "knew" they were drunk...while others were downright wild (the football fans) and they let them all get on...so as not to encite a riot....huh???
all in all..it is amazing like you said that people sign releases to be shown to the world how ignorant they really are.

i also thought it was insane about them trying to get the grandma on the plane after THEY took her out of the hospital AMA!

one of my favs was the daughter who yelled at her mother for using a wheelchair when there was nothing wrong with her...the whole family was nutso..
molly

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-02-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
one of my favs was the daughter who yelled at her mother for using a wheelchair when there was nothing wrong with her...the whole family was nutso..

And remember how she was putting on make-up and changing her clothes right in the airline terminal, with the assistance of a very nice scientist-type guy? And she thanked him for all his hard work on Mars! Poor girl was shaking like a leaf though -- wonder what her problem was.

And there was one lady who was so angry because she thought her suitcase had not arrived with her, while all the time it was circling behind her on the baggage carousel!

Sig pic by the fabulous JSlice!

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
or the idiot woman who showed up 20 minutes (!) before her flight and then griped the whole time that she missed her flight and how it was Southwests fault. She had those poor little boys dragging her luggage behind them all day.

The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Airline: Interesting but Hard to Take"
Last night had a woman who was very very upset that the airline allowed a passenger that did not have ID. Now, how she knew the guy got through without a valid ID is still a mystery but she was shaking at how scared and upset she was. I thought the customer relations person handled it very well, but it was quite unreal at how the upset woman was insisting that if the CR person was so sure that the un-ID'd person was okay, she (the CR person) should get on the plane and fly to Phoenix with them.

All in all the whole show gives you an idea of why so many of us go to the airport just to people watch. We're a strange species, us flying people!

--usually saves her drinking for after she gets on the plane

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •