The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Cagayan Edited"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-01-14, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Signs of Survival: Cagayan Edited"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 04:00 AM (EST)

The Game Is Afoot ~ Phillip Sheppard

Welcome!

The Beginning Contents
in order of appearance

Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Review
Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Review Continued
Solana and Aparri: The Review Extended
Solarrion: The Merge Review Extended

The Final Ten Review Extended
The Final Nine Review Extended
The Final Eight Review Extended
The Final Seven Review Extended
The Final Six Review Extended
The Final Five Review Extended
The Final Four Review Extended
The Final Three Review Extended
The Final Two Review Extended

The Earth Sun Sign Profiles
The Water Sun Sign Profiles
The Fire Sun Sign Profiles
The Air Sun Sign Profiles

From PepeLePew13

The Apology

As those of you who’ve made the very-appreciated effort to follow along
– first at Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek, and then at Signs of Survival: Cagayan
know, this has been a work in very, very long progress.

And that has been, primarily, because each time I began to put together Signs of Survival: Cagayan’s text,
another birthdate was corrected at Survivor Wiki
– requiring the correction of all of the thread’s Charts –
or a series of family mini-crises meant that I was without Internet access for days or weeks.

And given all of the delays caused by birthdate revisions and my own crazy schedule
– compounded by heading errors and the restrictions imposed by the Forum's software –
that thread (as I first said in a recent Post addressed to Pepe)
became a confused maze of forwarding directions and chronologically-jumbled posts.

So, here is what I hope is about to become a concise, chronologically-literate Signs of Survival: Cagayan Edited
that will serve not only as a review of this past Season’s casting history
but also as an introduction to the casting analysis of Survivor: San Juan del Sur.

Note:

The most momentous of those birthdate revisions – now six in all – was of Tony’s birthday.
And the correction that accurately made of Cagayan’s Sole Survivor a Virgo (and a member of its Majority Sun Sign population)
rather than a Sagittarius (and a member of its Minority Sun Sign population)
wasn’t made at that site until several days after the broadcast of Season Twenty-Eight’s Finale and four days after I
– more and more puzzled by Tony’s exhibition of behaviors and traits uncharacteristic of Sagittarius –
finally stumbled across the information.

And, this month has seen yet another revision of a key player’s birthdate:

Prompted, I believe, by this Tweet by Spencer, his birthdate was changed from June 24th (Cancer) to June 11th (Gemini) at Survivor Wiki.
And the validity of that change appears to be confirmed by Kass, D and D in this interview.

But, in the same interview, Kass also tells us that Spencer fibbed about his birthday during Cagayan’s filming.
And the entry by Tom B. Taker in the Twitter string is not rebutted.

So, although his identity as a Gemini would certainly go a long way toward explaining the perpetual petulance that Kass describes with relish
– Cancer, when challenged, most usually retreat to silence but Gemini, crossed, pout quite creatively –
so much of what we saw of Spencer says “Cancer”
that I haven’t yet altered the Charts for a sixth time.

In any event, I am so sorry that this series of error-in, error-out blunders occurred during a truly iconic Season
when Survivor’s editing, promotion and casting patterns were obviously undergoing extensive renovation.
Because it would certainly have been helpful to know that Tony as Sole Survivor would fit
a reliable, established casting pattern rather than be the fourth very unlikely exception to it
and/or
that if Spencer is, indeed, a Gemini and was, therefore, a member of Cagayan's Minority Sun Sign population,
it was very, very unlikely that he would win the Game.

So, if I should ever again decide to author a Signs of Survival,
I will conduct my own date-of-birth searches via a number of cross-referenced sources
sufficient to provide confidence in the results.

Promise.

For instance:

According to their Facebook site, Natalie and Nadiya were born on April 11th - Aries.
But, we'll see ...

Note:
The D&D interview of Kass that is linked above is long.
But, sprinkled throughout are references that, as a whole,
form the most complete description of Survivor's vetting process
(and of Jeff Probst's intense interest in typing player personalities and cataloging core behaviors)
that I've ever encountered.
Recommended.

The Good News

Despite the fact that there was little-to-no accurate Sourced Spoiling available until shortly before the Finale began airing
- and that the Vidcaps, Teases and Edit were suddenly speaking in strange tongues this Spring -
and that this thread’s predecessor became more confusing with each changing birthdate
- dabo's Confessionals' Tracker remained a valuable resource – suzzee’s WAG formula made a stunning debut in The ABC
Tribe’s SOTS and Michel's The Characters and their Stories inspired analysis and directed our focus throughout
and there were ultimately ten of our number who recorded their prediction of Tony’s victory before 8:00 PM that evening
in this Spoiler's Forum or in the Game Forum.

Congratulations!

And please help me see to it that no Shark is left behind by right-clicking on your very own and taking it along.

Note: My initial contributions to the Reviews should - finally - be complete within a few days
and I hope you’ll join me with all of your comments where, and whenever, you like.
Astrology's Sun Sign Profiles are the tool. They are not the topic.

The Good News II

Because Cagayan was so remarkably Wild and Wonderful (a shameless bit of WV Hillbilly Hoorah)
– and the dates of its contestants’ births even more unpredictable from Episode to Episode than its boot order –
and we now have all of those post-finale interviews as supplemental grist for our mill
this review is certain to be a fresh and refreshing look at S28 and a much better-informed and more entertaining preview of S29.
For, as sure as God made little green apples, the same eight – or nine – or dozen –
fundamental personalities will show up in Nicaragua and nothing of what we learn about them now will be wasted in September.

Promise.

So, I’m looking forward to a discussion that will - with any luck - keep us occupied all the way to Survivor: San Juan del Sur.

The Premise

You cannot change who you are … eventually your true nature will win out — especially when you’re deprived of food and energy and you’re out in the open, trying to figure out a way to get along with people you don’t know if you can trust. We all have our set reactions, and that’s hard to suppress. If I’m a born leader, it’s hard for me to take a back seat. If I’m a follower by nature, it’s hard for me to lead. ~ Jeff Probst

The product of Survivor’s exhaustive psychometric testing and tracking mechanisms – that may or may not include Astrological analyses -
is unavailable to us. So, Signs of Survival uses Astrology’s Sun Sign Profiles (vetted over – literally – thousands of years)
to identify, group, chart and analyze the behavioral histories of those twelve distinct societies within the Game.
And because Astrology's Sun Sign Profiles are, demonstrably, so similar to the Personality Profiles generated by state-of-the-art
psychological testing platforms, they are invaluable tools that can be utilized to make this Board - collectively and cooperatively -
as skilled at the use of casting patterns to forecast Alliances, Boots, Sole Survivors, etc.
as it is at spoiling Editing, Vidcap and Confessional patterns to that end.

Note:
‘Modern’ psychometric profiles rely heavily upon self-reported data to come to their conclusions.
Astrology’s Sun Sign Profiles, on the other hand, rely solely upon a set of objective facts
– the month, day, year, place (and time) of birth -
to reach theirs.

However, as is the case when any methodology must rely on the most basic editions of its analytical tools to evaluate behavior,
the portrait of the individual’s inherent traits and innate characteristics produced here is far from complete.
For instance:

If we knew not only the calendar date and place of a contestant’s birth but the time of it as well,
we would know a lot more about her personality.
And if I were an Astrologer with impressive interpretive skills, we would know a lot more still.

But, although they certainly don’t do justice to either the complex personalities of the contestants
or to the exhaustive and amazingly accurate analyses of those personalities offered by professional Astrologers,
because Survivor’s stressful social cultures tend to trigger core behaviors stripped of subtlety and nuance
– and because the Series’ producers tend to cast boilerplate stereotypes -
the broad brushstrokes of Sun Sign Profiling found here do - work.

Note:
From Borneo through Heroes v Villains, I was able to rely on CBS biographies for birthdates. However, from Nicaragua forward,
I’ve had to rely on a patchwork of sources to produce what I believe are the most accurate compilations possible.

I am certain that my data base is no longer perfect. But I am hopeful that it is close. And with that in mind:

Because of one of those mini-crises that consumed most of my time from late November of last year until early February of this year,
I haven’t yet put the finishing touches on Signs of Survival: Blood v Water.

And I hope that I’ll be able to do that before Fall.

But, I am aware that there were corrections of several of that Season’s birthdates at Survivor Wiki
and all of those changes were incorporated in the current Charts.

Note:
There is a much longer and much more involved (read tiring … ) statement of Signs of Survival’s Premise
in Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek, if you care to take a look.

But, whether you take that look or not, within the Post is a suggestion that I hope you’ll consider.
Because when you’ve followed it, I think that you’ll understand why I am so comfortable with the use of Sun Sign Profiles:

Go to any one (or to all three) of the sites below that each offer a free online/streamlined version
of an MBTI (Jung-based) Personality-Typing Test
and take one (or all three) of the tests.

Then, carefully read the Type Profile(s) that the results of your test(s) generate(s)

Then, click on the link for your Sun Sign in the right-hand column of the Chart
at the bottom of this Post and read your Sun Sign Profile.

Compare.

Tests:

Personality Page
Personality Pathways
HumanMetrics

The Basics

Astrology groups personalities, first, by the common innate traits and behaviors of the natives of each of the twelve Astronomy-inspired
Sun Signs.
Keyword – Ego.

Astrology then places each of the twelve in a group of three Sun Signs defined by the characteristics of one of the four Philosophy-inspired
Elements.
Keyword – Temperament.

Earth - These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.

Water - These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.

Fire – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.

Air – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

Note:
The personalities of the three Sun Signs within
an Element are said to be compatible with each other.
And the Elements of Earth and Water (E&W) and of Fire and Air (F&A)
are considered to be complementary of one another
and in opposition to the other duo.
As you will see, this is important ...

Astrology further identifies and describes each of the three Sun Signs within an Element by the Sign’s Psychology-inspired
Mode (or Quality).
Keyword: Behavior.

The initiative Cardinal Signs approach new environments with a zest for beginning new activities and pursuing new accomplishments.
Earth’s Cardinal Sign is Capricorn. Water’s Cardinal Sign is Cancer. Fire’s Cardinal Sign is Aries.
And Air’s Cardinal Sign is Libra.

The versatile Mutable Signs are able to see life from many perspectives.
As a result, they are flexible, adaptable and restless: there is a touch of urgency and haste in their natures.
Earth’s Mutable Sign is Virgo. Water’s Mutable Sign is Pisces. Fire’s Mutable Sign is Sagittarius.
And Air’s Mutable Sign is Gemini.

The steadfast Fixed Signs dig in. And they are respected for their self-containment and sense of purpose.
However, change is difficult for them, and as a result, they have a reputation for being stubborn.
Earth’s Fixed Sign is Taurus. Water’s Fixed Sign is Scorpio. Fire’s Fixed Sign is Leo.
And Air’s Fixed Sign is Aquarius.

Note:
You will see the Modes indicated for each Sun Sign within the Profiles.
I do not, however, use them on charts.

You will see charted the Survivor-inspired
Roles.
Keyword: Place.

The Sun Sign Profiles of the Superior Signs – Capricorn (Cardinal Earth), Cancer (Cardinal Water), Scorpio (Fixed Water) and Leo (Fixed Fire) – indicate that their natives are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in a position of leadership.

The Sun Sign Profiles of the Subordinate Signs–Taurus (Fixed Earth), Virgo (Mutable Earth), Pisces (Mutable Water) and Gemini (Mutable Air)–indicate that these personalities are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in sheltered (supportive or specialized) positions.

And the Sun Sign Profiles of the Soloist Signs – Aries (Cardinal Fire), Sagittarius (Mutable Fire), Libra (Cardinal Air) and Aquarius (Fixed Air) – indicate that these folks are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in autonomous (detached or semi-detached) positions.

Note:
The Roles are my invention and are meant to be a lay addendum to the Signs’ Astrologic identities:
a shorthand developed from their Sun Sign Profiles that uses familiar terms to indicate the hierarchal positions
most natural (and comfortable) to their natives.

For a more detailed explanation of the Roles and why they came to be, click here.

The Guide

Below is a quick-reference Guide to Cagayan’s Players, Signs, Elements, Modes and Roles. Clicking on the links in the right-hand column will access the Sun Sign Profiles of each of the Game’s contestants.

CAPRICORN
LJ and Tasha

VIRGO
J’Tia, Lindsey
Tony

TAURUS
Garrett

CANCER
Jefra, Morgan
Spencer and Trish

PISCES
Alexis, Brice
David and Woo

SCORPIO
Kass

ARIES

SAGITTARIUS
Cliff

LEO

LIBRA
Sarah

GEMINI
Jeremiah

AQUARIUS

Artists
The Zodiac Signs are by Karen Mackenzie
The Element Illustrations (Earth, Water, Fire and Air) are by Nell Campos
The Chart Backgrounds are by Ysa Gernale, Maximiano Buan and Ric Madallo, Adrian Morales
and Fernando Amorsolo (National Artist of the Philippines – Deceased)

After The Day’s Toil is by Vicente Alvarez Dizon (Deceased)

Link

Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Revie... Georganna 07-01-14 1
   Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Revie... Georganna 07-15-14 20
 Solana and Aparri: The Review Georganna 07-01-14 2
   RE: Solana and Aparri: The Review E... Georganna 07-15-14 21
 Solarrion: The Merge Review Georganna 07-01-14 3
   RE: Solarrion: The Merge Review Ext... Georganna 07-15-14 22
 The Final Ten Review Georganna 07-01-14 4
   RE: The Final Ten Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 23
 The Final Nine Review Georganna 07-01-14 5
   RE: The Final Nine Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 24
 The Final Eight Review Georganna 07-01-14 6
   RE: The Final Eight Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 25
 The Final Seven Review Georganna 07-01-14 7
   RE: The Final Seven Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 26
 The Final Six Review Georganna 07-01-14 8
   RE: The Final Six Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 27
 The Final Five Review Georganna 07-01-14 9
   RE: The Final Five Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 28
 The Final Four Review Georganna 07-01-14 10
   RE: The Final Four Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 29
 The Final Three Review Georganna 07-01-14 11
   RE: The Final Three Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 30
 The Final Two Review Georganna 07-01-14 12
   RE: The Final Two Review Extended Georganna 07-15-14 31
 The Earth Sun Sign Profiles Georganna 07-01-14 13
 The Water Sun Sign Profiles Georganna 07-01-14 14
 The Fire Sun Sign Profiles Georganna 07-01-14 15
 The Air Sun Sign Profiles Georganna 07-01-14 16
 From PepeLePew13 Georganna 07-01-14 17
   RE: From PepeLePew13 Georganna 07-01-14 18
       From PepeLePew13 Georganna 07-01-14 19
           RE: From PepeLePew13 VerucaSalt 09-22-14 32
               RE: From PepeLePew13 PepeLePew13 09-23-14 33
               RE: From PepeLePew13 Georganna 09-25-14 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-01-14, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Review "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 04:22 AM (EST)

“Television’s greatest social experiment of all time”

Through its now-28 completed Seasons, Survivor’s host has described and defined the entertainment property on many different occasions and in many peripherally-diverse ways. The description just above is merely one of his latest and most immodest. But, Jeff Probst isn’t paid by the understatement and with the inclusion of the omnipresent “social” he was, once again, unfailingly on message.

So, although I would argue that the industry’s greatest social experiment of all time was its proliferating News networks’ outrageously successful campaigns to – once and for all – disprove the hoary theory that ‘You can’t fool all of the people all of the time’ I will concede that as an unerring pathway to reversion to type you simply can’t beat the show’s formula of an unfamiliar and bizarrely intimate social complex framed by a harsh, feast-or-famine physical environment with the whole of it erratically subjected to externally-controlled inanities, indignities, contests and crises. But, that Survivor is not only a semi-spontaneous social drama but also an intense Game with a $1,000,000 prize is a fact that viewers and contestants alike ignore at their peril.

Reversion to Type: Of Character and Core

Editing makes of every Survivor a recurring plot whose themes and storylines are seasonally populated by a menu of manmade character types – the Good Girl, the Bad Boy, the Older Woman, the Cherubic Collegian, the Savvy Cowboy, the Brash Bostonian, the Reverent Fan, the Edgy Earth Mother, the Annoying Success, the Clown, the Aging Athlete, the Karate Kid, the Brilliant Beauty, the SOB, the PhD, the Engaging Gay … etc … etc … etc. – and that was once styled by Alex Strachan of Canwest News (in an interview of Jeff Probst just prior to Tocantin’s premiere) as “(A) dramatic arc that is both simple – Who will win? – and complex – Why will that person win?”.

In fact, Mr. Strachan also said during that interview that “no one character type has repeated as the Sole Survivor for more than two years running” . And (as I said then) if the claim is true – and I have no reason to believe that it isn’t – it is certainly a testament to the ingenuity of the Series’ storytellers.

But, perhaps Stephenie LaGrossa (Kendrick) – Heroine of Palau | Harpy of Guatemala – is an even more compelling example of Editing’s brilliantly cynical use of contractually-enforced editorial license. Because, barring the sudden onset of a severe psychological disorder, Ms. LaGrossa (Kendrick) brought the same set of (Sagittarian) innate traits and instinctive behaviors to Guatemala that accompanied her to Palau.

And, in her Guatemala exit interviews, she emphatically said so.

Casting, however, makes of every Survivor a plan peopled by naturally-occurring core personality types much – or exactly () – like those introduced in this thread’s opening Post: the magnetic and forceful Scorpio (Superior) whose natural style is aristocratic; the sensuous and persistent Taurus (Subordinate) whose natural style is managerial; the dynamic and confident Aries (Soloist) whose natural style is entrepreneurial and heroic; the meticulous and clever Virgo (Subordinate) whose natural niche is as a specialist; the urbane and idealistic Libra (Soloist) whose natural style is diplomatic; etc … etc … etc. And for some time now Jeff Probst has initiated each Season with the mantra that Survivor is an environment that very quickly – and most critically to the success of the franchise, entertainingly – lays bare its players' native personalities and behaviors: that it is virtually impossible for them to conceal or escape 'self' in the venue.

“One of the things Survivor has going for it is it's a really good format. The structure of the show tends to work over and over and over. You put new people in the same situation and then you think what are they going to do and what would I do if I were in that same situation …

(And) it is nearly impossible to hide our true selves, especially in times of conflict. You can try to do that, but eventually your true nature will win out — especially when you’re deprived of food and energy and you’re out in the open, trying to figure out a way to get along with people you don’t know if you can trust. We all have our set reactions, and that’s hard to (suppress). If I’m a born leader, it’s hard for me to take a back seat. If I’m a follower by nature, it’s hard for me to lead….

You can walk into this game and say 'Alright, I'm going to be middle of the pack, I'm not going to ruffle any feathers, I'm going to make strong alliances and I'm going to listen really well.'

But if you're a natural leader, what you're really going to do is, on day two you're going to get so frustrated with the guy in the black shorts that doesn't get it (and) you're going to say, 'Listen, what you need to do is put the rope like this and you're done’. And now you're a leader and you can't turn back … Survivor has always been a microcosm of the same human interaction that's going on in the office or the family or in the pick-up basketball game. You cannot change who you are …”

And as Survivor's producers have obviously learned well, knowing what those ‘new people' are going to do within the show’s format - a goal that is, conveniently, also our own - becomes merely a matter of identifying and quantifying those intrinsic behavioral patterns and
(type)casting to order.

However, even with the best of Psychometric tools and/or the most expert of Astrology's analysts, reading and/or predicting human behavior is never a foolproof exercise. And, since - to the best of my knowledge - you’ll find nothing but amateurs here, I hope everyone will be encouraged to become a part of this venture. Because, although most of us may be novices in the field, we are all well-informed novices:

The explosive growth of the industries devoted to typing personalities (by a variety of methods) for millions of businesses, social organizations and governmental entities – and for reality-television producers like Jeff Probst – ensures that many of us are also familiar with the testing mechanisms and behavioral profiles associated with them.

And each of us have a Sun Sign. And each of everyone we have ever met, known, loved or loathed has a Sun Sign. And, since we've each been observing the behaviors of all of the rest of us since the day we were born - Voilŕ!

Earth and Water vs Fire and Air

Note:
The personalities of the three Sun Signs within
an Element are said to be compatible with each other.
And the Elements of Earth and Water (E&W) and of Fire and Air (F&A)
are considered to be complementary of one another
and in opposition to the other duo.
As you will see, this is important ...
From the thread’s welcoming Post

So, as you see, whatever its Seasonal details, every Survivor is naturally a contest between two intrinsically-opposed personality groups staged in a ‘crisis’ environment that is designed to exacerbate and exploit the otherwise-healthy conflicts between the two that make our real world – JP’s offices, families and pick-up basketball games – go ‘round. Too, the Game’s Musical Chairs – Winner Takes All format invites and encourages internecine warfare within the ranks of the normally-complementary partnerships.

But – I suspect because market sampling has revealed that a reality series touting a pitched battle between Earth and Water and Fire and Air each Season wouldn’t be rousingly received in the heartland – we see (usually two and more rarely three or four) inspirationally-christened fictional Tribes who are most often permitted to play at the Season’s theme for only three or four Episodes before being ‘shuffled’ into a (or another) standard Survivor two-tribe shape until the Merge - a scant two filming cycles later.

And Cagayan – so-christened in honor of the Philippines Province located on the island of Luzon that is home to the two municipalities of Aparri and Solana (each with populations of 60,000+) and where Survivor wasn’t – as it hasn’t been since Tocantins – in Remote or neighboring Exotic anymore – a fact that has been nonchalantly made apparent by the towns-on-the-summit, powerboats-on-the-horizon and people-down-the-beach that now keep popping up behind and beyond that ubiquitous blue shirt – was no exception.

Casting’s two natural tribes became Editing’s three – Beauty, Brains and Brawn – and the three became two – Aparri and Solana – and the two became one – Solarrion. And I’m going to begin our reviews at my favorite moment of every Survivor: the moment when the new Cast is revealed. And in each subsequent review, I’ll look first at the status of Cagayan’s natural tribes and then at the status of the Season’s contrived divisions.

Note: Initially, the birthdates at Survivor Wiki prescribed an E&W Tribe of eleven members and an F&A Tribe of seven (a 61% - 29% split). However, given the revision of birthdates at the site that I’ve incorporated in the Chart you see below, the Tribes appear here with fifteen members of the E&W Tribe and an F&A Tribe of three (an 83% - 17% split).

But, it is possible that Spencer and Trish are Gemini and should be shifted to the F&A contingent. And I’ll address those possibilities a little later on.

In any event, the Season is still – solidly – an Earth and Water Majority installment of Survivor.

Continued in the Following Post

07-15-14, 02:26 AM (EST)
20. "Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Review Continued"

The Natural Tribes

The Beauty, Brains and Brawn Tribes

The Beauty, Brains and Brawn Tribes

The Natural Tribes

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:52 AM (EST)
2. "Solana and Aparri: The Review "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:30 AM (EST)

Please See the Following Post

07-15-14, 02:33 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Solana and Aparri: The Review Extended "

The Natural Tribes

The Solana and Aparri Tribes

The Solana and Aparri Tribes

The Natural Tribes

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:52 AM (EST)
3. "Solarrion: The Merge Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:37 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 02:39 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Solarrion: The Merge Review Extended"

The Natural Tribe

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:53 AM (EST)
4. "The Final Ten Review "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:46 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 02:48 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Final Ten Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:54 AM (EST)
5. "The Final Nine Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:51 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 02:52 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Final Nine Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:55 AM (EST)
6. "The Final Eight Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:54 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 02:57 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Final Eight Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:55 AM (EST)
7. "The Final Seven Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 02:59 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:00 AM (EST)
26. "RE: The Final Seven Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:56 AM (EST)
8. "The Final Six Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 03:03 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:04 AM (EST)
27. "RE: The Final Six Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:57 AM (EST)
9. "The Final Five Review "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 03:06 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:08 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The Final Five Review Extended "

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:58 AM (EST)
10. "The Final Four Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 03:09 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:15 AM (EST)
29. "RE: The Final Four Review Extended"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 04:19 AM (EST)

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:59 AM (EST)
11. "The Final Three Review"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 03:19 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:18 AM (EST)
30. "RE: The Final Three Review Extended"

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 10:59 AM (EST)
12. "The Final Two Review "
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-14 AT 03:23 AM (EST)

07-15-14, 03:22 AM (EST)
31. "RE: The Final Two Review Extended "

The Natural Tribes

The Solarrion Tribe

Comment Beginning Soon

07-01-14, 11:00 AM (EST)
13. "The Earth Sun Sign Profiles"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-14 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

KEYWORDS

Practical and Useful
Structured and Productive
Grounded and Sensual
Tactile and Dependable

The ‘Practical’ Earth Signs are grounded and dependable. All of the earthy metaphors are appropriate here: ‘Salt of the earth’, ‘Feet firmly planted on the ground’, ‘Solid as a rock’, etc. Often referred to as the ‘builders’ of the Zodiac, creativity is a tangible proposition to these natives and they feel best once they have accumulated a goodly number of worldly possessions. Blending in with their natural habitat – grounded – Earth Signs engage life through the five senses and as a result operate at a slower, more thorough, pace than do the natives of other Elements. Often intimately attuned to the dance of nature – most treasure their time spent outdoors – they are masters at assessing, assembling and organizing … things.

The Element of Earth also confers a sense of duty, responsibility and reliability to those in its sphere. Their gift to others is bringing form to ideas: often making them an excellent balancing partner for an idle dreamer with potential. They tend their own garden and inspire others to make the most of theirs. These are the people you can count on to ‘be there’ when you need them. Tending toward caution and conservatism in desire and approach, their logical minds and measured responses display an innate recuperative capacity: much preferring a sure thing, these folks do not take big risks. That said, however, certainly in that they appreciate a good meal, congenial company and fine wine better than anyone else, they are also sensualists.

On the flip side:

Earth Signs can become so caught up in their objectives that they overlook the feelings and opinions of others. And their single-minded focus on the tasks at hand make them vulnerable to the "all work and no play" eddy of life. It is a big picture, after all, but these natives may be more concerned with the finish line than with the journey they are taking. So, while Earth’s orientation toward the real and their need for tangible results in return for their labors can make them very productive, too much of those good things can be stifling to inspiration, faith and a sense of greater purpose. And the ever-present risk inherent in their acquisitive nature is that they may become greedy and far too materialistic.

THE CAPRICORN PROFILE
Positive Traits

Practical and Prudent
Ambitious and Disciplined
Self-Reliant and Persevering
Resourceful and Creative
Negative Traits
Pessimistic and Melancholy
Materialistic and Stern
Conventional and Rigid
Demanding and Cold

Capricorn is one of the most stable and serious of the Zodiac types and these rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong-willed and calm. Born with a sense of purpose and an intense drive for achievement and excellence that never lets up, they are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' Signs. Capricorn exude a sense of being in charge. And they usually are. But, even in their pursuit of status and power, they rarely compromise their integrity to get there. These are the masters of the physical realm and are widely admired for what they’re able to accomplish.

However, while Capricorn have a great respect for authority, they may not be willing to listen to the opinions and suggestions of others. And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are often humorless. And a fortress of defenses can keep the curious and insincere at bay in their lives. So that while to the world at large Capricorn often covey an image that is both intriguing and intimidating, those that pass the test of loyalty are allowed to see a more vulnerable side: at heart, these natives are interested in enduring ties and because they have a tendency to pessimism and melancholy that many of them are unable to keep to themselves – especially if they fail personally – Capricorn often look to family and longtime friends for emotional support.

And mood swings are not the only reason Capricorn deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious. They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the quiet, reserved individuals that they seem to be. But they also have a tendency to ruin things by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy: their penchant for melancholy creates a unique filter for Capricorn humor that is known to veer toward the darkly absurd. Reference: Natalie of Micronesia and Corinne of Gabon

Additionally, Capricorn are very status-minded. Even if their immediate finances don't permit an extravagant lifestyle, the January-born can unconsciously adopt the mores, attitudes and mannerisms of the elite. The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression that they can make on others.

Romantically: Capricorn usually thrive as one half of a power couple. Their ideal partners are individuals who they can respect but who also allow them to take charge most of the time. Once happily settled, they’ll go about the business of building both an empire and a cozy home life.

THE VIRGO PROFILE

Positive Traits
Caring and Loyal
Meticulous and Discriminating
Practical and Organized
Clever and Analytical

Negative Traits
Fussy and a Worrier
Overcritical and Harsh
Perfectionist and Conservative
Negative and Unsocial

Those with Sun in Virgo are constantly on the move, always trying to fine-tune their lives and relationships. They are filled with nervous energy and a desire to make improvements, so they're serene only when they are fulfilling their meticulously planned steps toward a carefully chosen goal.

Virgo is the only Sun Sign represented by a female and it is sometimes thought of as a delicate young girl and sometimes as an intelligent, but rather pedantic and spinsterish, older woman. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgo’s precision, refinement, fastidiousness, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient and practical.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity and in their unassuming, cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well-spoken, wise and witty. But while in many respects Virgo are the epitome of social grace and propriety, their sterling etiquette is more apt to be scripted than spontaneous: the result of careful thought and hours of mental practice.

Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. And, because of their ability to see every angle of a multi-faceted problem, they are as unhappy with abstract theories as they are with intractable philosophies: placing no confidence in either.

Moreover, for as much as his intellect aids analysis, it also abets the Virgo’s compulsion to criticize. Nothing escapes these perfectionists’ eyes. And in their scrutiny of incongruities, these natives leave no stone … nor anyone … unexamined: as critical, and unforgiving, of themselves as they are of others. So that they may bring the art of self-concealment to a high pitch (hiding their apprehensions about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under the mantle of an undemonstrative clinician) with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and are careful to keep those they do make superficial.

Virgos often feel compelled to serve others and can find respect in fields where attention to detail and a responsible attitude are rewarded. They are natural healers and are gifted at bringing an unhealthy situation back into balance. But they have to watch out for those who would take advantage of their natures and put them in subservient roles. Finding the courage to place the highest value on what they offer can take a lifetime for some Virgos.

So, given their qualities, Virgo are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

Romantically Speaking: The self-contained nature of the Virgo (Virgin) Sun sometimes makes them all the more alluring: someone who will always be whole and complete unto themselves. And this can make them seem unattainable.

Once in a relationship, the Sun in Virgo finds comfort in the routines of daily life. A Virgo who has established a wholesome daily routine is far easier to live with than one that hasn't. And known as loners – there is a physical sensitivity associated with Virgo that could be called high maintenance – they will need plenty of “me” time to maintain their sense of self.

But, when they’ve found a worthy mate, they revel in the patterns and habits of togetherness and can begin to relax into the beauty of the familiar.

THE TAURUS PROFILE

Positive Traits
Patient and Loyal
Warmhearted and Loving
Persistent and Determined
Rooted and Sensuous

Negative Traits
Jealous and Possessive
Resentful and Inflexible
Self-indulgent and Greedy
Slow and Brooding

This Sign’s characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive Taurus, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo.

So, on rare occasions a Taurus may be an obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative and querulous boor: stuck in a self-centered rut. And, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Luckily, Taurus has a knack for attracting praise. It is amazing how people will bend over backwards to please them.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But Taurus rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal). And in the main, they are gentle, even-tempered, good-natured, modest and slow to anger. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent, uncontrolled outbursts. Lurking within every serene Taurus is the potential for a seething rage that re-establishes a sense of order by force. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

Those with the Sun in Taurus can be the most down-to-Earth of the Signs, so naturally they revel in earthly pleasures. Taurus has a strong aesthetic taste. And allied to his appreciation of all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life: pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine. Their sensuality is legendary, whether they’re cooking up a sumptuous feast or turning on their tantalizingly slow charm.

More firmly rooted in the physical world than the other Signs, Sun in Taurus can be as immovable as a mountain: it’s hard to get a Taurus to rush into anything and that can be frustrating to everyone else. But once they make a decision, it’s usually a sound one. And that same stubborn deliberateness keeps Taurus fixed on a goal long after others have given up. Moreover, these natives don’t like to be pushed around by what they consider flights of fancy. Changes in their surroundings or routines disturb their equilibrium. And if the change is too abrupt or fundamental to his comfort, the shock may be too much for the Bull. He may actually become physically ill.

Taurus are known as the “builders” of the Zodiac and in their work they are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Romantically Speaking: Taurus are motivated by a desire for material and emotional security and when they’ve found a suitable partner they’ll stay put where they are and carefully cultivate a stable, deeply rooted life. Respect them and allow them to take their sweet time doing things, and all will be well. On the down side, their reluctance to discard the familiar can sometimes cause Taurus to linger in a relationship that they’ve outgrown.

07-01-14, 11:01 AM (EST)
14. "The Water Sun Sign Profiles"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-14 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

KEYWORDS

Intuitive and Emotional
Imaginative and Nurturing
Secretive and Dreamy
Introverted

The ‘Emotional’ Water Signs are intuitive, sensitive and empathetic. How things feel is what matters to these nurturers and they base their actions on sense, rather than on logic or intellect. Attuned to waves of emotion, these natives have a built-in sonar for reading a mood that affords them a special sensitivity in relationships. Because the receptive talents of these individuals are so remarkably high, they seem to know when to show warmth and when to hold back. Compassionate and understanding, Water Sign natives are extraordinarily adept at assimilating the feelings of others, processing them and offering plans or solutions that will usually be considerate of all. So, at their best, they are a healing force that brings people together.

But, because Water natives are often assessing a situation by its undercurrents, they can seem aloof or even shy at first. And going forward in a relationship or situation often means being sure of their emotional ground: a kind of decision-making process that is baffling to more spontaneous or practical types. That's why those with this Sign are so quickly shaped by their relationships to others and often have to work harder than do the natives of other Elements to maintain their personal boundaries. They need time alone to remember where they end and others begin and to let what's been stirred up by the push and pull of life find its way to a quiet calm again. These are people who need people but who also need the restorative balm of solitude.

Water natives often translate their sense of the world artistically. Some find release from their own personal dramas when they're able to express them as universal. As writers, musicians and actors they help others make sense of the human experience. But this also happens in everyday life: Water Signs soften the blunt edges of the mundane by cushioning it with emotional meaning. They covet aesthetic beauty -- and for everyone to be happy as a result of it. However, much like still water can become stagnant, inactive Water Signs are not at their best. They feel most fulfilled when they are helping others, and they usually do so in enchanting ways.

Seeing things more clearly than others, and feeling them more acutely than do the natives of other Signs, they are frequently referred to as ‘psychic’. But these insights are easily clouded by the intensity of their feelings or altered by their vivid imaginations.

Also on the flip side of this fluid Element is the tendency of these individuals to brood. Susceptible to mood swings, at their worst they can become self-indulgent, controlling – able to manipulate and drain the emotions of those closest to them – and hostage to a fantasy world.

THE CANCER PROFILE
Positive Traits

Nurturing and Sensuous
Intuitive and Imaginative
Shrewd and Tenacious
Sensitive and Empathetic

Negative Traits
Changeable and Moody
Self-Absorbed and Clinging
Subjective and Clannish
Neurotic and Needy

Cancer’s emotions are as changeable as the Moon itself and their nature makes them something of an enigma, even to those closest to them. In fact, the Cancer temperament is a veritable kaleidoscope of waxing and waning feelings and during the course of a conversation, you may notice – passing fleetingly across the faces of July-born – scores of distinctively different emotions: no one ever repeated or expressed in exactly the same way. Quite simply, Cancer exude drama and these extraordinarily emotional individuals can sink into a mood and fully inhabit it, so that it seems to permeate the atmosphere around them. No other Sign has so pervasive an emotional aura as to either lift your spirits to ecstatic heights or to fill you with clouds of gloom, depending upon his mood.

Moreover, the Cancer imagination is so vivid that it’s like they’re watching home movies inside their heads. For them, every life experience can be replayed again and again and the same internal landscape revisited. This is the raw material for both creative genius and the tendency to get stuck in emotional eddies. These natives love to dream of far-away places and times past and will talk about historical events as if they were actually there. Most Cancer have a special reverence for the past, and if you ask them to tell you whom of all people they admire most, they'll most often rattle off the names of several prominent historical figures.

The idiom “home is where the heart is” has no greater ring of truth than when describing how the Cancer feels about his abode. Home is where he dreams, lives, plays and loves. And it is the only place he feels secure. But, because they're psychic sponges, they need plenty of space to unravel the little dramas of the day, or they’ll get cranky.

And Cancer has a tender heart. But you might not see it at first behind the cool exterior. However, once you’re allowed inside the circle of trust, you’ll start to know why they’re called the “Mother” of the Zodiac. Cancer is never truly happy unless they have someone or something to care for and their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other Signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. Both men and women of this Sign have an instinctive nurturing side that endears them to those they love and it is amazing to discover how many July-born have acquired the appendage – ‘good ol'– to their names. The Crab’s claws hold tight, though, and often they have trouble letting go of relationships and situations.

But there is a private, reclusive side to every Cancer. Because of their extreme emotional sensitivity, they fear ridicule and would rather retreat than defend themselves. And there is always lurking in the background of their personalities a foreboding of disaster. As if upon some hidden cue, the Crab can suddenly retreat into the watery burrows of his inner consciousness and not be seen for days. Try and question him about his absence and he'll probably not know what you're talking about.

However, if Cancer can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. This is because they are excellent organizers with a good sense of value and economy that they may combine with a flair for invention and originality.

Take Note: The stealth approach of Cancer often takes people by surprise, and many have been underestimated. They’ll protect their sensitivity by going after what they want indirectly, which can be seen as passive. But try to take advantage of their gentle nature, and you’ll soon be put in your place. Once crossed, the Cancer holds a grudge to infinity, so it’s hard to win back their trust.

Romantically Speaking: Above all, the Cancer needs a sense of belonging and an intimate home life. Once committed, they’ll prove to be the ultimate family man or woman, and likely never stray too far from the nest.

THE PISCES PROFILE

Positive Traits
Romantic and Sensitive
Compassionate and Idealistic
Imaginative and Naďve
Intuitive and Creative

Negative Traits
Escapist and Self-Indulgent
Secretive and Vague
Weak-willed and Gullible
Impressionable and Overwhelmed

Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. But they will not be able to maintain for very long friendships or associations with those who are too materialistic.

As the last of the twelve Zodiac Signs, Pisces is said to contain aspects of them all. This makes the Pisces Sun so changeable as to appear not to have one singular identity. It's as if they merely touch down in this human reality and remain only long enough to try on a few personas. Consequently, those with the Sun in Pisces can seem to be "somewhere else" half the time. And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes – they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually – the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

So it is important for these individuals to find a sense of purpose in order to avoid just drifting: their sensitivity makes them more vulnerable to escapism through addictions or personal dramas than are other Signs. The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. And all these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art. This is the sign of the mystic poet, and a creative pursuit gives Pisces the motivation to be disciplined. And bringing structure to the vast imagination and shades of emotion flowing within the Pisces nature is a great achievement.

Similarly, in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their empathy and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of. And, if they're typical March-born, they are not elitists: saint, sinner, murderer, thief, liar, rich or poor - deserving or undeserving - the Piscean instinctively recognizes the worth of the individual and can overlook the apparent causes of their circumstances.

But the fact that the Pisces Sun leads with a compassionate heart can be both a blessing and a curse. Many are remarkably wise and self-sacrificing when it comes to helping the vulnerable or those down on their luck. But this noble trait can take them down a path of being used and abused before they learn to set strong boundaries and they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

Romantically speaking: Pisces fare well with a guiding-hand type who understands the fluidity of their nature. And life with a Pisces means having a bridge to unseen worlds of the heart and imagination. Awesome!

THE SCORPIO PROFILE

Positive Traits
Determined and Forceful
Intense and Intuitive
Formidable and Passionate
Exciting and Magnetic

Negative Traits
Jealous and Vengeful
Compulsive and Obsessive
Secretive and Cunning
Manipulative and Obstinate

Scorpio are the most profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic attraction and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure that can be intimidating. An outer mask of cool control belies a vast and often turbulent psychic interior. In a word, the Scorpio is intense, and works best in a crucible of pressure and uphill challenges. Without a sense of purpose, the darker emotions can take hold and lead them down the paths of obsession, jealousy and worse.

In conventional social gatherings they are pleasant to be with, thoughtful in conversation, dignified, and reserved, yet affable and courteous. And in their everyday behavior they give the appearance of being withdrawn from the center of activity. Yet those who know them will recognize the ever-probing, ever-evaluating observation that is an integral component of their character. They intuitively take in everything around them and reveal very little in return. And don’t expect instant friendship here, as it takes time to win the trust of the wary Scorpio.

Scorpio are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. And that sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes, make them easily hurt: quick to detect or imagine insult or injury to themselves and easily aroused to ferocious anger. And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

The Sun in Scorpio have a powerful drive to succeed and often have extracurricular activities that take it up a notch. They’re great competitors because of their built-in radar for the weaknesses of the opponent. They’ll remain calm until the exact moment when a targeted attack will do the most damage. That’s why in relationships of any kind they are a formidable enemy if betrayed.

Fortunate that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition and that these gifts are usually accompanied by critical perception and analytical capacity, Scorpio often find fulfillment in the ice-cold self-control and detachment of the surgeon or soldier and the concentration of the research scientist. And any profession in which investigation and analysis are relevant may attract these charismatic "twice-born" characters. They may also become masters of the written and spoken word. This Sun Sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other.

At the other extreme is the procrastinator: the man or woman who is capable of so much that they do nothing and become indolent and self-indulgent: requiring extravagant praise and flattery from those whom they make their cronies.

Romantically Speaking: Those in a relationship with a Scorpio need to be strong-willed in order to keep from being controlled by their undertow. And never try to hide anything from them because they’ll quickly “read” it on your face. Moreover, Scorpio have earned a reputation for being highly sexual and need an amorous outlet for all that emotional intensity. However, to those few allowed into their private worlds they are fiercely loyal and their enveloping sensuality usually makes all the drama worth it.

07-01-14, 11:02 AM (EST)
15. "The Fire Sun Sign Profiles"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-14 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

KEYWORDS
Spontaneous and Energetic
Gregarious and Passionate
Self-centered and Dramatic
Instinctual and Visionary

The ‘Physical’ Fire Signs have a simmering at-the-ready stance and are prone to sudden illuminating flashes of insight and bursts of enthusiasm. There is about them a warm radiance, a trust in life's journey and a willingness to take risks. Infused with an emotional energy that can spread like wildfire to everyone around them, they sense a golden thread of destiny and potential running through their own lives and are often able to lead others to their own. But, it is important for them to have cheerleaders to fan the flames of their interests.

A Fire Sign is also an indicator of creativity. This Element manifests itself in unique ways, and those in its glow are usually wonderfully courageous, lively spirits: self-sufficient, spontaneous and possessing a tremendous zest for life. Strong, self-assured and fun, they're great catalysts for play and have a knack for unearthing the spontaneous side of those around them.

Fire Signs act on instinct or "sixth sense," and that can make them look reckless to more cautious types. However, they're actually following a powerful intuition that keeps them at the leading edge of fresh experiences. But, although going on faith often gets them far, they have a tendency to skip crucial steps and to be unaware of the emotional impact of their actions on others. And because they are so very passionate about life and like to live large, Fire Signs often feel frustrated by mundane chores and duties. Too, Fire natives can be overly strident in getting their way. Call it bossy, even. These folks can come across rather forcefully. Selfishness and an overdeveloped ego can also be seen as part of a fiery individual's shadowy side.

THE ARIES PROFILE

Positive Traits
Adventurous and Confident
Pioneering and Courageous
Enthusiastic and Straight-Forward
Dynamic and Quick-witted

Negative Traits
Selfish and Dominating
Impulsive and Insensitive
Foolhardy and Quick-Tempered
Willful and Ruthless

Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, Aries is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. These individuals welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. Gifted with a direct, fiery nature that puts them one step ahead of the crowd, the childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others' interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. They’ll often take charge of a situation and their sense of certainty usually makes others fall in line. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

Often larger-than-life, they can light up a room with their charisma: they’re among the ones with the stamina to party ‘til dawn. But if a gathering, project or relationship begins to be dull they’ll quickly move on. The Sun in Aries craves excitement and their restless spirits are in constant pursuit of the next ‘big thing’.

Because their approach to life is somewhat simplistic, what Aries can accomplish without a lot of distracting nuances and complexities to slow him down is staggering. Don't, however, put them in a position where they'll have to deal with complicated emotions or with a problem requiring delicate handling or subtlety. They're simply not equipped for it.

And, much concerned with personal advancement and physical satisfaction (self-reliant but also self-centered), Aries do not work well under authority unless they, too, have subordinates. In fact, they may be too self-sufficient and proud to acknowledge they have a boss and often take matters into their own hands (disregarding authority absolutely). Ask an Aries how many times he's been fired, and he'll probably tell you more than once. And that is probably because, most of all, Aries – propelled by an inner drive that is a force to be reckoned with – wants to achieve great things and at times their rush to accomplish them can cause them to take unnecessary risks or to forge ahead without planning out crucial details. Some say the Sun in Aries learns the hard way: by leaping before looking. But, being an active Sign, the Aries does learn best through experience.

In personal relationships Aries are frank, direct and candid: gregarious and generous friends. However, their immense energy can also make them aggressive and restless, argumentative, headstrong, quick-tempered and easily offended: of all the Zodiac’s natives, an Aries will most readily haul off and punch a nose.

And while an Aries is not the least bit calculating (in most instances, he'll simply tell it like it is before he's had a chance to think about the consequences), he does crave admiration and praise. So that while he won’t usually lie (in contradiction of his straightforward nature), he'll often exaggerate the truth in his own favor or simply in order to stamp it with his individuality.

Intellectually, Aries are quick-witted, usually objective, and inspirationally optimistic: irreplaceable champions of lost causes and last-ditch stands. But they can also become extremists: foolhardy and dogmatic zealots whose enormous talents and vibrant personalities become a hindrance (if not a threat) to the welfare of the society in which they move.

Romantically Speaking: Aries is the Sign of the Warrior and sometimes they go too far and wound those they love with hurtful words spoken in the heat of an argument. They quickly forgive and forget, but they often have to deal with the fallout of their brusque demeanor. Moreover, these natives have minds that filter out the non-essentials and it is their clear sight that helps them make such rapid progress in life: so, once fixed on a goal, they’ll move forward with a single-minded determination that threatens to leave those close to them in the dust. But if you’re a match for such an amped-up spirit, you’ll never forget being pulled along by the power of this dynamic personality.

THE SAGITTARIUS PROFILE

Positive Traits
Optimistic and Freedom-loving
Curious and Sporting
Good-humored and Straightforward
Expansive and Philosophical

Negative Traits
Blindly-optimistic and Careless
Irresponsible and Superficial
Flippant and Promiscuous
Tactless and Restless

Sagittarius have a positive outlook on life and are full of enterprise, energy, versatility and adventure: eager to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They delight in travel and exploration: Sagittarius are genuinely intrigued by foreign cultures and even when their finances preclude traipsing the globe Sagittarius travel in their minds. And their bright, cheerful demeanors can be disarming. It’s an uncomplicated style that invites you to drop your defenses, too, and just “be.” This makes for a fun friend who knows all the best ethnic restaurants and will be more than happy to stay out ‘til the wee hours.

Ambitious and optimistic (even when their hopes are dashed), their strongly idealistic natures are able to withstand disappointments without being affected. They are usually honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere (with a passion for justice). They are characteristically on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious.

Non-conformists, Sagittarius hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarius have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition. As a result, they are often fascinating conversationalists and correspondents. Think Mark Twain. Think Sagittarius.

Known, too, for their spontaneous philosophical ramblings, these natives don’t seem to get bogged down in emotional complexities. So those who love them may wish for more depth: more feeling. And there are times when they are shockingly blunt. It’s unnerving to be the target of a direct hit.. But that same tactless personality can be a beacon of light in confusing times. Leave it to a Sagittarius to step into a messy tangle and sum up the situation with blinding clarity. They’ll be willing to speak the truth when all others hide in confusion. This makes them invaluable friends who can guide you back to a clear path when you need honesty rather than enabling.

And in a curious twist of fate, Sagittarius, who are often accused of clumsiness, are also credited with extraordinary grace and coordination when engaged in purposeful physical activity: most particularly sports and dance. In everyday activities, however, the Sagittarian can be surprisingly less dignified. Though the December-born athlete may break the record for high jump, he'll stumble over his shoelaces walking onto the field.

Sagittarius are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own. But Sagittarius can sometimes be exacting, domineering and inconsiderate in the work place: scorning the inadequacies of others while expecting fulsome recognition of their own skills and effort. Moreover, they can be (and frequently are) impulsively angry. And, when angry, both male and female Sagittarians can be vicious: employing with precision those words or actions that will most severely wound their adversary. On the other hand, they are magnanimous in forgiving offenses and quick to make amends for their own intemperance.

Romantically Speaking: The same notable physicality that attracts Sagittarius to vigorous athletics and bold travel-adventures often extends to their intimate relationships and their flexible, lusty, anything-goes attitude can cause them to take a walk on the wild side. So, the ideal partner for them is above all a friend and a partner in life’s great adventure who understands the needs of a true free spirit. However, more apt then the average to make an uncongenial alliance, their innate restlessness (which, if excessive, often jeopardizes more than their own stability) will often compel them to use even the most satisfying ménage as a base from which to … depart.

THE LEO PROFILE

Positive Traits
Generous and Affectionate
Exuberant and Colorful
Broadminded and Theatrical
Proud and Vivacious

Negative Traits
Pompous and Patronizing
Overbearing and Provocative
Dogmatic and Intolerant
Selfish and Egotistical

At first, it’s hard not to like those with the Sun in Leo with their open hearted, friendly ways. They often enter a room as a radiant presence that causes everyone to take notice, and are skilled at “working” a crowd for best effect. As a friend, they have a gift for mining your buried dream, polishing it to a shine again, and making anything seem possible. And there is a public confidence with the Leo Sun that affords them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves. Whether they end up in civil service or on a Broadway stage, chances are they’ll have an audience. When standing proudly before adoring fans (or co-workers), they project a warmth that has a palpable power to win hearts and minds.

It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume that role without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely. Outgoing, spontaneously warm-hearted and plain-spoken (but poor judges of character), Leo are more disillusioned than the average if let down by those they trust.

And, since Leo simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated. However, even after they discover that they've been duped or abandoned, most Leos are too big about it – or too proud – to retaliate. Because they are usually incapable of actions that are in any way mean, base or underhanded, they have difficulty in recognizing those traits in others. In activities where these lower qualities are essential for success, the majority of Leo tend not to succeed.

And because they see a project in its grandest perspective, Leo natives have a disdain for details: their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other Sun Sign.

On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have a powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. Those who are devout may be very obstinate in upholding traditional beliefs and will cling tenaciously, but with complete sincerity, to practices and doctrines that liberal thinkers regard as absurdly out-of-date.

However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being. These Leos will not hesitate to use cunning, lies and trickery to discredit their adversaries. Narcissism, greed for flattery, bombast, pomposity and snobbish superiority can also be characteristic of Leo.

Romantically Speaking; The Sun in Leo has a hard time with the mundane, and will be drawn to colorful careers and dramatic relationships. While some people shrink at the idea of dating around, the Leo considers romance a grand game. And it’s not unusual for these natives to play more than one game at a time.

Too, after getting to know a Leo, you’ll discover that they’re very loyal: to themselves. You can come up against severe resistance if you try to bend the will of a Leo for the sake of a relationship. Their reputation for being ‘diva-difficult’ is well-earned. But, because so many of them grab the gusto and achieve their lofty goals, in the end their stubborn self-regard usually elicits widespread respect.

07-01-14, 11:03 AM (EST)
16. "The Air Sun Sign Profiles"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-14 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

KEYWORDS
Intellectual and Innovative
Conceptual and Analytical
Curious and Social
Cerebral and Detached

The gift of Air is flexibility and its natives’ ability to experience life through many prisms. Air Signs use their minds to make sense of their lives and for them there is more space between the life lived and the observing mind than is so with other Signs. So, to others, these individuals can appear detached, aloof, remote and cool: they’ll often attempt to talk their way through feelings – or to analyze a situation – rather than deal with the full emotional weight of the moment. Critical thinkers who handle abstract reasoning well, the ‘Intellectual’ Air Signs love to probe and synthesize. Have a dilemma? Hand it over to an Air Sign and watch them go to work.

And the distance between these masters of cultural navigation and their own emotions can be refreshing. These are extremely social creatures – their curiosity keeps them ever- mingling – and their currency is their ability to link diverse social groups or individuals with their often extraordinary collections of ideas, obscure facts, gossip and knowledge. Drawn to words, many Air natives become professional storytellers, interpreters and journalists who provide the rest of us with astute commentary on the cultural trends, social attitudes and political consciousness of our times. Others of them – especially Aquarius – have a more conceptual way of thinking. Almost without exception, however, all of these alert, curious and perceptive individuals are very communicative and the world as seen by an Air Sign will be an interesting one – as their analysis and subsequent explanation (hopefully in terms we can understand) will indicate. Talking with an inspired Air Sign can be like skipping through a kind of virtual reality full of detail, specificity and local color.

Moreover, the Element usually manifests itself in a most humane way: objective, cooperative, unprejudiced (and often highly idealistic), most actually do ‘want to help make a better world’. And, leading with their heads, these observers of the human scene are the ‘idea’ people who, from their loftier viewpoint, are often able to offer it a fresh perspective of its problems and an innate clarity of vision that is rare among the natives of other Signs.

However, these inventive and clever individuals will insist upon considering all sides of an equation before they decide on a course of action. And, because Air Signs are especially vulnerable to the excesses of our mind-body split, balance is of paramount importance to them. So that while Air natives are usually calm and collected, they can – and frequently do – turn bitterly cold if their equilibrium is upset.

A word to the wise: there's little upside to baiting an Air Sign!

THE LIBRA PROFILE

Positive Traits
Diplomatic and Urbane
Romantic and Charming
Easy-going and Sociable
Idealistic and Fair-minded

Negative Traits
Indecisive and Changeable
Gullible and Easily-influenced
Flirtatious and Self-indulgent
Passive and Co-dependent

Ruled by the planet Venus, Libra are the very personification of refinement and affection, endearing you with their genteel manner and melting your heart with their ingratiating smiles. Those with the Sun in Libra have an easy grace and charm that is truly enviable. Many have soothing voices that are easy on the ears. And they love to talk. They’re at their very best when their gift for communication is put to a high-minded purpose, and, noted for their ability to harmonize conflicted situations – the Libra personality attracts the revelations, confidences, gossip and trust of others like a magnet – they thrive in calm, aesthetically pleasing environments. But don't let all that sugar and spice fool you. Libra are easily upset by the chaos of life and then the October-born can be as quarrelsome, as irritable and as intractable as any Sign in the Zodiac.

These are very social human beings. It’s difficult – even unnatural – for Libra to “go it alone”. More than any other Sign, they function best in “people” environments. At a party, you’ll find that Libra is the one playing host or hostess – no matter whose house it is – and looking fabulously at ease: they have a very artful way of serving cocktails and scintillating ideas with equal aplomb. Libra loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them. Their ideal for their own circle (and for society as a whole) is unity. And their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual: many Libra are drawn to creative fields, since their eye for beauty is often quite refined.

Libra is symbolized by the Scales of Balance, and just as a set of scales will teeter back and forth before achieving a new balance, Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical. When the Libra does make a decision, however, you can probably bank on its integrity. The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences. And even though Libra take a lot of heat for being indecisive, they make up for it with an idealism that has the power to change their world. Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any other Sun Sign and why the Scales have come to represent our system of justice.

However, once they have reached a conclusion Libra will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. Moreover, the negative Libra character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia and inappropriately docile: yet Libra can shock everyone around them with sudden, and inexplicable, storms of rage.

The Libra flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the Zodiac. And in business and diplomatic relations, the Libra is able (far more often than not) to accomplish what he desires without destroying relationships that could be valuable to him in the future. Great venture partners, they relish bouncing ideas off other people and eagerly contribute their talents to committed teams. But the ease with which they pursue any argument can sometimes make you wonder where the Libra really stands. Nothing irritates these natives' harmonizing intellect more than one-dimensional thinking. So, if they think your line of reasoning is too pat or simplistic, they'll purposely take the opposing view.

And while 'Lazy Libra' is a common phrase - the same languid style that puts everyone in a relaxed mood can lead to self-indulgence and a passive attitude toward life – those who would casually ascribe laziness to the October-born have never seen them in their more productive mode. Once they have committed themselves to a goal, Libra can become powerhouses: using their well-ordered intellects to accomplish in leaps and bounds tasks that might encumber other Signs. The trouble is that in planning any endeavor they can get so lost in the endless labyrinth of strategies, factors and options which have to be weighed and evaluated by their logical minds that Libra’s procrastination can give you the best portrayal of laziness you've ever seen.

Romantically Speaking: The Sun in Libra has a natural gift for being the ideal in the eyes of their beloved. And that is because they’re so instinctively aware of what it is the other wants and needs them to be. So, while some Libras end up losing their sense of self in the process, a more romantic, devoted partner is hard to find.

THE GEMINI PROFILE

Positive Traits
Adaptable and Versatile
Eloquent and Witty
Intellectual and Engaging
Charming, Youthful and Lively

Negative Traits
Nervous and Restless
Superficial and Inconsistent
Cunning and Duplicitous
Rumor-Mongering

Gemini, the Sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine. Charmers and clowns, they often wear a silly grin that seems to say that they get the cosmic joke that all is, after all, well: it’s really okay to sample everything from the smorgasbord of life. And, since they’re always finding something absurd to giggle over, you might hear the laughter of Gemini Suns before you see them. They’re great wits and their interest in people often thrusts them into the role of social ice breaker.

Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts. And in social situations, even at their worst they are never dull - there is usually playfulness below the surface and they can be exhilarating conversationalists. However, often referred to as the dilettante of the Zodiac because they’ll try anything once and usually do, the Gemini needs to be able to reinvent himself many times and to follow the threads of inspiration wherever they lead. And that innate quality can make these natives seem restless and inconsistent. So, although Gemini may be hard to pin down and a bit challenging to deal with, if you can accept the shape-shifting nature of their personalities, they make excellent friends.

But be warned that like chameleons, they absorb and reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

Gemini have a keen and intuitive intelligence. They love cerebral challenges and though they dislike the labor of learning, their mental agility, energy and insatiable curiosity afford them a voracious appetite for knowledge. Many Gemini become veritable walking encyclopedias. And if a Gemini finds a subject worthy of his incredible kaleidoscopic mind, these individuals have the capacity to become masters of an art or science.

So, although their intellect is strongly analytical and sometimes gives them so great an ability to see both sides of a question that they vacillate and find it hard to make decisions, their cleverness and ingenuity may also very well be used to control and unify the duality of their natures into a most efficient unit. If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others.

Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini. They are often skilled manipulators of language and are usually very successful diplomats, academics, authors, poets, journalists and lawyers (albeit they are more brilliant than profound and more interested in theory than in practice). And any and every sales venue is, of course, sweet home to them.

Romantically Speaking: The Gemini knows that the world is vast and full of endless fascinations to explore and so they need an intellectual rapport with their mate. The ideal companions for them are individuals who think at their same speed of light. They need a certain kind of space to grow, and those who do manage to stay close to Gemini don’t try to hold on too tightly. Because, if the door of a relationship is open for them to come and go at will, they’ll usually, over time, prove their own brand of faithfulness.

THE AQUARIUS PROFILE

Positive Traits
Friendly and Humanitarian
Progressive and Pioneering
Original and Inventive
Eccentric, Independent and Intellectual

Negative Traits
Intractable and Dogmatic
Perverse and Unpredictable
Unemotional and Detached
Isolated

The Sun in Aquarius has been called the “rebel” of the Zodiac because of their total commitment to their unique vision. They’re uncompromisingly anchored in their own lives and grant that same autonomy to others. And, because Aquarius instinctively appreciate diversity and have a sustaining confidence in their own convictions, they are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others. So, with an innate sense that everyone should “do their own thing”, Aquarius often seem to be detached – and friendly – at the same time.

Noted for their altruistic and progressive natures, Aquarius possess strong-willed, forceful and attractive personalities that present themselves as one or the other of two core types: the first shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the second exuberant, lively and exhibitionist. Both types are humane, frank, serious-minded, genial, refined and often ethereal and idealistic. The last quality, however, is tempered with a sensible practicality.

So, while the Aquarian nature is known as eccentric, that is only because it follows that personal golden thread of inspiration to the limits. Another name for this could be genius, since it pushes out into the road less traveled and then goes yet further. And while this sometimes leads to great achievement, there’s always a chance that it can also lead to isolation. However, quick, active and persevering (usually interacting with others with reason, moderation and good humor), the native’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism: that things, given time and patient crusade, will improve. Rather, his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (devastating) sarcasm.

Too, despite the magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the extrovert Aquarius and the humanistic traits of both types, neither makes friends readily. They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted condescending and cold. Even in the intimate companionship that they instinctively seek, they are fiercely independent. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms. But once they decide that another is worthy of their friendship, Aquarius are tenacious and extraordinarily loyal compatriots. However, if they are deceived their anger is terrible. And if disillusioned (usually because their own idealism causes them to demand more of others than is reasonable) Aquarius do not forgive.

Aquarius work most effectively within a group environment provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They’re tuned into a different frequency, and have a vast mindscape that seems to make them self-sufficient. In other words, they’re happy to spend time alone. Yet as a sign of paradoxes, the Aquarius is also drawn to groups and “communities.” Able to quickly identify the undercurrents of gatherings, they are adept at helping people act together to accomplish a goal. They’re usually at the forefront of a cause: often before it becomes safe or fashionable.

Aquarius have a feeling of unity with nature and a desire for knowledge and truth that makes them admirable scientists: most especially astronomers and natural historians. These are the ones with a faraway look, most likely thinking brilliant and futuristic thoughts. Their minds seem to roam the outer edges of what is possible, and many of them make the impossible a reality as pioneers in science and technology. And their quirky, wholly original take on life gives them an edge should they venture into the Arts. The Aquarius talent for mimicry and parody serves them well as character actors or comedians. Their avant-garde tendencies are often expressed in writing (most usually poetry), public service broadcasting and musical innovation. And their altruism may find its voice in welfare fields or education.

Romantically Speaking: The Aquarius remains a sovereign being who needs an intellectual rapport to sustain a romance. An ideal mate inhabits a parallel universe and from it is able to accept the physical and mental distances that the Aquarius personality imposes. And it is often very surprising to see how much love can grow in the space between two people.

07-01-14, 11:03 AM (EST)
17. "From PepeLePew13"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-14 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

"Hi Georganna!

What a tremendous job you've done with this analysis and a measure of vindication for your work upon the revelation of Tony's actual sign after the season ended.

I don't have much in the way of analysis of all this as it's pretty much Greek to me, but didn't want you to think that nobody was paying attention to anything you did here. This is quite a feat of dedication to unearth all of this info for each contestant and the history of each sign. Thank you!"

Reproduced from Signs of Survival: Cagayan - G

07-01-14, 12:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: From PepeLePew13"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-14 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

'Thank you, Pepe!

(I)f you have another moment, I would really appreciate your opinion:

I am thinking of re-posting a concise, chronologically-literate Signs of Survival: Cagayan Edited

I don't think that anyone would object

What do you think?

Happy Summer!

...'

Edited and Reproduced from Signs of Survival: Cagayan - G

07-01-14, 12:18 PM (EST)
19. " From PepeLePew13"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-14 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

"Sweet, thank you for the Shark of Record siggie!

I think the outline as you've put it would look quite nice, feel free to do whatever would work for you since it's the slow time in between seasons and it'll provide for a cohesive reading session during the summer.

Don't think anyone would object."

Reproduced from Signs of Survival: Cagayan - G

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-22-14, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: From PepeLePew13"
Georganna,

I will be watching this from afar as I have always found this a fascinating read (moreso than my displaced thread) since you taught me something new each time.

Since my thread has been retired of sorts, I hope you don't mind my engaging in this thread should you choose to embark in the Heroes v. Villains II season.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-14, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: From PepeLePew13"
(Drops in to wave hello to VS... good to see you here! A pity about your thread being unceremoniously pushed aside as it's what brought a lot of traffic over the years.)

09-25-14, 04:50 PM (EST)
34. "RE: From PepeLePew13"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-14 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

What a pleasure, Veruca!

Thank you so much for your kind words. And I can't imagine a more valuable asset to any one of this forum's threads than your engagement. Or of anyone who would be more warmly welcomed to Signs of Survival: San Juan del Sur than you.

But - although the promise of your contribution is certainly the most persuasive of all of its temptations - I just don't yet know if I'm going to attempt it. I'll make that decision sometime during this coming week.

As of this moment - having cross-referenced Intelius search results, Survivor Wiki birthdate information and scoured dozens of social network sites - I am as confident as I think it is possible to be that I have the correct birthdates (or Sun Signs) for fifteen of the Season's eighteen players.

Those still outstanding are:

1. Alec (Alexander James) Christy
Survivor Wiki has May 30, 1992 (Gemini). Intelius has nothing. And I've yet to find any reference to Alec's birthday on any of the family sites.

2. Dale Wentworth
Survivor Wiki has February 14, 1959 (Aquarius). Intelius has nothing. And I've yet to find any reference to Dale's birthday on any of the family sites.

3. Josh Canfield
Survivor Wiki has February 21, 1982 (Pisces). Intelius has July 1, 1981 (Cancer). And I've yet to find any reference to Josh's birthday on any of the family sites.

Note: Given his astute observation that everyone seems to 'be coming to him', my bet is on a (Familial/Maternal) Cancer Sun Sign for Josh.

But, if I do have the correct Sun Signs for those fifteen and Survivor Wiki's information for Alec and Dale is correct, this is the mirror-image of last Season's (Earth and Water - 83%) | Fire and Air - 17%) casting scheme: Fire and Air - 83% | Earth and Water - 17%.

And promises to be a lot of fun. Particularly with your extrordinarily-observant insights to light the way: all (Air) intellecutal gymnastics and (Fire) impetuous grand-standing as opposed to Cagayan's (Earth) detail-driven plots and (Water) high drama.

So, I'll be counting on you to watch this space ...

Who knows ... perhaps, along the way, we could fill in the abundant comment-free blanks in this - Cagayan - thread and provide a great counterpoint to the new Season!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •