The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-24-14, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "__Corea and Mimo ... "
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-14 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

Hello!

About the Roles:

They are my invention. And, despite the fact that I relied on the Sun Sign Profiles for their criteria and that they share a ‘3 with 4’ configuration with the Modes, there is no convenient correlation between them and the Signs’ formal identities. So, the first thing that I should say is that they were not intended to be a replacement or substitute for any one of Astrology’s personality facets. Instead, I meant them to be a lay addendum to them: a shorthand that utilized familiar ‘corporate’ terms to indicate the hierarchal positions most natural (and comfortable) to the Signs’ natives.

And, I am the first to admit that it would be really nice if the four Superiors were also the four Cardinal Signs. And if the four Subordinates were also the four Fixed Signs. And if the four Soloists were also the four Mutable Signs. But, unfortunately, accuracy got in the way and, as a result, the Superiors, Subordinates and Soloists are scattered across the Zodiac …

The Superiors:

From the Capricorn (Earth-Cardinal) Profile – Born with a sense of purpose and an intense drive for achievement and excellence that never lets up, they are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' Signs. Capricorn exude a sense of being in charge. And they usually are. … And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard …

The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression that they can make on others …

LJ is a Capricorn.

From the Cancer (Water-Cardinal) Profile – Cancer has a tender heart … once you’re allowed inside the circle of trust, you’ll start to know why they’re called the “Mother” of the Zodiac … their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other Signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. Both men and women of this Sign have an instinctive nurturing side …

If Cancer can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. Take Note: The stealth approach of Cancer often takes people by surprise, and many have been underestimated. They’ll protect their sensitivity by going after what they want indirectly, which can be seen as passive. But try to take advantage of their gentle nature, and you’ll soon be put in your place. Once crossed, the Cancer holds a grudge to infinity, so it’s hard to win back their trust.

Jefra, Trish, Spencer – and Morgan – are Cancer.

From the Scorpio Water-Fixed) Profile – Scorpio are the most profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic attraction and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure … Scorpio are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions … And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

The Sun in Scorpio have a powerful drive to succeed … They’re great competitors because of their built-in radar for the weaknesses of the opponent … That’s why in relationships of any kind they are a formidable enemy if betrayed … This Sun Sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other …

There were no Scorpio in Cagayan.

From the Leo (Fire-Fixed) Profile – There is a public confidence with the Leo Sun that affords them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves … It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume that role without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely … And, since Leo simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated …

Their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other Sun Sign. On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have a powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being.

There were no Leo in Cagayan

And the Subordinates:

From the Taurus Earth-Fixed) Profile – This Sign’s characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive Taurus, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo … They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But Taurus rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal).

Taurus are known as the “builders” of the Zodiac and in their work they are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Garrett is a Taurus.

From the Virgo (Earth-Mutable) Profile – Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues.

Virgo often feel compelled to serve others and can find respect in fields where attention to detail and a responsible attitude are rewarded. But they have to watch out for those who would take advantage of their natures and put them in subservient roles. Finding the courage to place the highest value on what they offer can take a lifetime for some Virgos. So, given their qualities, Virgo are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

J'Tia and Lindsey are Virgo.

From the Pisces (Water-Mutable) Profile – Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters … And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes – they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually – the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres … in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their empathy and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of … they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

David, Brice, Alexis, Tasha and Woo are Pisces.

From the Gemini (Air-Mutable) Profile – Gemini, the Sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine … They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts …

Like chameleons, they absorb and reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way … If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others … Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini.

Jeremiah is a Gemini.

Note: The choice between Soloist and Subordinate for Gemini was a tough one. But, in the end, it was the Gemini (In-Survivor) history of sheltering in alliances and/or choosing to provide the Season’s comic relief from a position of safety (as opposed to engaging in the Game) that persuaded me. So, all of these years later, it was a lot of fun for me to hear Tyson admit that it was not until his third Season that he actually took a chance on playing the Game to win it.

The other Gemini Sole Survivor was Jud (Fabio) Birza (who is one of the three Survivors to win the Game from a Minority position). Yul (Aquarius) and Tina (Capricorn) are the other two Minority winners.

Note: I think that the hierarchies headed by Cancer are most likely to be matriarchal in character: exclusive, suspicious and overly protective. That those with a Leo at the helm are most likely to be patriarchal: expansive, naïve and overly indulgent. That those dominated by authoritarian Capricorns are most likely to be bureaucracies: over-thought, over-regulated and over-populated. And that those governed by a Scorpio are, more often than not, intrigue-rich and diplomacy-poor dictatorships …

And that brings us to my second admission:

I really do wish that I had labeled the Soloists anything … but. Because the impression seems to have become that these individuals have a propensity for social isolation. And nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, these four Signs – Libra and Aquarius (Cardinal and Fixed Air) and Aries and Sagittarius (Cardinal and Mutable Fire) – are, arguably, the most social of the Zodiac’s twelve.

And I think that major contributors to their sociability are their resilient and well-developed egos and their zealously guarded independence from consensus. In other words, I think that these natives move in – and out – of professional, social and intimate relationships as confidently and spontaneously as they normally do because their internal value system isn’t tied to what others think of them or of each other: when things go badly - though all four Signs, and most especially Libra, are certainly capable of introspection – these natives are far more likely to look outward for the culprit. And when things go well, they are also far more likely to credit stand-out individual performances (including their own) rather than a nebulous group dynamic. ‘Team’ is not a word that springs lightly to a Soloist’s lips.

And, because they have an inclination to rely on their own observations and intuitions to evaluate others rather than to assign great weight to the labels affixed to them by hierarchies, they are also usually the least intolerant and most inclusive folks in the room.

So, I used the term in an attempt to imply a tendency to individual/entrepreneurial initiative and to a hint of rebellion rather than to suggest a need to be alone. We have the Water Signs for that …

And it is only natural (but sloppy, I admit), then, that the four are – ‘gregarious and passionate’ – Fire and – ‘curious and social’ – Air Signs:

From the (Aries (Fire-Cardinal) Profile – Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, Aries is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. These individuals welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. Gifted with a direct, fiery nature that puts them one step ahead of the crowd, the childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others' interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. They’ll often take charge of a situation and their sense of certainty usually makes others fall in line. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

There were no Aries in Cagayan.

From the (Sagittarius (Fire-Mutable) Profile – Sagittarius … delight in travel and exploration … Non-conformists, Sagittarius hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarius have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition … They are characteristically on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious …

Sagittarius are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own.

Cliff, Kass and Tony are Sagittarius.

From the (Libra (Air-Cardinal) Profile – These are very social human beings. It’s difficult – even unnatural – for Libra to “go it alone”. More than any other Sign, they function best in “people” environments … Libra loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them.

The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences … Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any other Sun Sign … The Libra flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the Zodiac … Great venture partners, they relish bouncing ideas off other people and eagerly contribute their talents to committed teams.

Sarah is a Libra.

From the (Aquarius (Air-Fixed) Profile – The Sun in Aquarius has been called the “rebel” of the Zodiac because of their total commitment to their unique vision. They’re uncompromisingly anchored in their own lives and grant that same autonomy to others. And, because Aquarius instinctively appreciate diversity and have a sustaining confidence in their own convictions, they are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others … Aquarius work most effectively within a group environment provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They’re tuned into a different frequency, and have a vast mindscape that seems to make them self-sufficient.

So … the Aquarian nature is known as eccentric … However … the native’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism … his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (devastating) sarcasm.

There were no Aquarius in Cagayan.

In short:

I think of Superiors as a society’s Providers: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of success/acclaim in return for effort, are most likely to erect and direct its hierarchies …

Of Subordinates as a society’s Producers: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of reward/approval in return for effort, are most likely to populate and maintain those hierarchies …

And of Soloists as its Provocateurs: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of notoriety/distinction in return for effort, are most likely to be found scrambling over, squirming under, sneaking around … or making shambles of … its hierarchies.

And I've put together the Chart below as a quick reference to the Signs' (official and unofficial) identities that I've always used in Signs of Survival.

Note: The comments in the first column are from an unattributed tongue-in-cheek (but, I thought, on-the-mark) bit that I ran across at an Astrology site several years ago.

I hope it helps.

ETA: Links to Profiles

The Earth Signs – These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.
The Water Signs – These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The Fire Signs – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
The Air Signs – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     03-28-14       
   RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     04-09-14     1  
     RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     04-16-14     2  
         RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   dabo     04-16-14     3  
             RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     04-19-14     5  
         RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   __Corea     04-17-14     4  
             RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     04-19-14     6  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   __Corea     04-20-14     7  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   mimo     04-20-14     8  
                     __Corea and Mimo ...   Georganna     04-24-14     10  
   RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     04-23-14     9  
   Chaos!!! But, thank you very much,...   Georganna     04-30-14     11  
     RE: Chaos!!! But, thank you very m...   mimo     04-30-14     14  
         RE: Chaos!!! But, thank you very m...   Georganna     05-01-14     15  
   Update: The List   Georganna     04-30-14     12  
     RE: Update: The List   Outsider32     04-30-14     13  
         RE: Update: The List   Georganna     05-01-14     16  
             RE: Update: The List   Outsider32     05-01-14     17  
             RE: Update: The List   Outsider32     05-01-14     18  
                 RE: Update: The List   Georganna     05-02-14     19  
                     RE: Update: The List   Outsider32     05-04-14     20  
   RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     05-07-14     21  
   RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Georganna     05-14-14     22  
     RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek   Outsider32     05-15-14     23  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •