The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-20-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
The earlier season had gay contestants on the show who were totally open about it.

Now, we have closeted ones. This is not gay bashing just poitning out some facts.

Adam has to be a least suspect.

Also, does anyone else think that Jonathon (craxz guy) is a little dangerous when he keeps wanting to pick up young, african men as his 'guide' for the race?

There was no need for the last episode and he gets awfully close and nice to kids. Giving them candy and such, an dlets face it, its not in his nature to be a nice guy.

Houston, we have a problem!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... philly_gal 01-20-05 1
   RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... ARnutz 01-20-05 2
       RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... brvnkrz 01-20-05 3
           RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... ARnutz 01-20-05 4
               RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... Earl Colby Pottinger 01-20-05 5
                   RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... brvnkrz 01-20-05 6
                       RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... ARnutz 01-21-05 10
                           RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... brvnkrz 01-21-05 11
   RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... dabo 01-20-05 7
       RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... HistoryDetective 01-20-05 8
           RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... dabo 01-20-05 9
 RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... electro_shocks 01-21-05 12
   RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... brvnkrz 01-21-05 13
       RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... electro_shocks 01-21-05 14
           RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet... brvnkrz 01-21-05 15
 Locking this thread IceCat 01-21-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

philly_gal 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-20-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail philly_gal Click to send private message to philly_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
WOW dude, pull-up!!! I know this is the bashing forum, but you are way out of line. You have no right to put labels on people, especially pedophilia. One might wonder why you see what you see.

Also, being gay has NOTHING to do with pedophilia. Enough with the stereotyping. Adam is just a big spoiled momma’s boy and Jonathan is well traveled and lazy. He knows that it makes sense to work with locals, who will work for any small change (impoverished countries) and do a great deal of work (hence illegal workers in the States).

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-20-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-05 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Perhaps you could enlighten me? I do not see how "giving candy to children" implies this poster was speaking of pedophilia. For you to assume that, to me, seems like quite a leap in your thought process.

He knows that it makes sense to work with locals, who will work for any small change (impoverished countries)

But over in fanatics you imply that the producers of the show are paying off the locals, hmmm...

and do a great deal of work (hence illegal workers in the States).

I don't see how this is related to this topic in any way.

ETF: spelling

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Hi Nutz, you know I like you so please don't get upset by my disagreement. But I too read the original poster as accusing Jon of being gay and then leading into it being dangerous that he is giving candy to children. It did seem to me that he/she was implying that being gay and handling children should not be happening.

01-20-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
I do not think that we are completely disagreeing.

It did seem to me that he/she was implying that being gay and handling children should not be happening.

One could assume that the (original) poster implies that being gay and handling children is inappropriate. However, I did not read it as implying Jonathan is a pedophile.

I read it more as you did, that that the original poster thinks it would be inappropriate (if Jonathan were gay) for him to be around children.

Maybe it is time for the original poster to come in here and let us know exactly what he/she meant, hmmm?

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-20-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
I think I have to agree.

Being gay does not mean you want to hit on children.

But Jonathan is another kettle of fish. We already see him as an abuser. We can also see that he always aims at the people he considers weaker than him that he can control.

Jonathan is the type of person who if he was gay I would not want around male children. But the reality is that Jonathan gay or not is exactly the type of person I would not want around children of any sex or age because he clearly is an abuser. And I am not talking sexual here. Jonathan verbal abuse alone is bad enough that if directed at any one child for a lenght of time it will surely cause that child mental/self-image damage.

May he never breed!

01-20-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Nutz, I agree that we are agreeing. I see now what you were saying.
Earl, the only response I would have to your post is where you say that if he were gay you would not want him around male children. Where I will agree that I wouldn't want him around my children, no matter the gender, it is because he is an abuser. If he were gay, I would not say that I don't want him just around male children. The first sentence of your second paragraph sort of implied that if he were gay he would be a pedophile and I'm not sure that I agree with that.
BUT, I will agree that she should not ever breed, nor should Victoria because she will not be able to teach her children to stand up against abuse.

01-21-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Of course I do want to point out that I disagree with the original poster on two counts:

1. I do not think Jerko is gay.

2. (and more importantly) I do not believe that being gay has anything to do with one's ability to take care of children.

01-21-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
I agree on both points.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Yeah, the giving candy to children bit is indicative of a certain potential, even though it wasn't overtly stated. But Spidey threw a transition in there, it wasn't absolutely linking one to the other. And I don't think Adam is gay. I think he doesn't know, or he's too afraid, or something. Or maybe he needs to grow up. Like Jonathan needs to grow up also. At least Adam is an open and honest wuss, Jonathan is in the wuss closet. Or something.

(Is that sorta what you were getting at, Ms. Spidey?)

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-05, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Pssst... That was Spider, not Spidey... Confused me at first too.

a sig by syren

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Oops, my bad, Ms. Spider I meant.
(darn webheads, what a tangled weave or something like that.)

electro_shocks 23 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail electro_shocks Click to send private message to electro_shocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

>The earlier season had gay contestants
>on the show who were
>totally open about it.
>
>Now, we have closeted ones. This
>is not gay bashing just
>poitning out some facts.
>
>Adam has to be a least
>suspect.
>
>Also, does anyone else think that
>Jonathon (craxz guy) is a
>little dangerous when he keeps
>wanting to pick up young,
>african men as his 'guide'
>for the race?
>
>There was no need for the
>last episode and he gets
>awfully close and nice to
>kids. Giving them candy and
>such, an dlets face it,
>its not in his nature
>to be a nice guy.
>
>
>Houston, we have a problem!!

We do have a problem. The problem here is you're making some serious accusations about Jonathan with little or no supporting evidence.

Jonathan may be a selfish jerk who abuses his wife and generally treats poeple like crap. However there's no real evidence that Jonathan is a queer or a pediphile.

If you don't like Jonathan, there lot's of bad things you can say about him that are true. We do NOT need to be making things up and start nasty rumors based on wild assumptions. Just because Jonathan isn't the nicest person doesn't mean it's OK to slander him.

01-21-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
Being accused of being gay is not the end of the world. I agree that calling someone a pediphile is slanderous but questioning his sexuality is not. And your use of the word "queer" is much more offensive than the original posters accusations.
This IS the basher board and therefore we are free to bash any of the contestants.

electro_shocks 23 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electro_shocks Click to send private message to electro_shocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
>Being accused of being gay is
>not the end of the
>world. I agree that calling
>someone a pediphile is slanderous
>but questioning his sexuality is
>not. And your use of
>the word "queer" is much
>more offensive than the original
>posters accusations.

You mean to tell me that using a word with politically incorrect connotations is worse than character assassination and slander? I think you need to rethink your priorities.

>This IS the basher board and
>therefore we are free to
>bash any of the contestants

Yes, you free to bash the contestants. It doesn't always make it right.

01-21-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Gay contestants: Open to closet!!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

perhaps because I am a queer, I am taking it too personally. I suppose I could hit alert and let the mod decide if it is appropriate to use the word queer in a negative way.
and there are no problems with my priorities.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Locking this thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

The original post contains statements that could reasonably be interpreted as an attempt to juxtapose homosexuality and pedophelia. As the subsequent discussion has indicated some people have, in fact, interpreted the post this way.

Also... the use of the word 'queer' is also sometimes problematic as it is both a word that is used in a perjorative fashion and it is also a word of empowerment as the gay community has reappropriated the word for their own use. It's similar to how the 'n' word is used for different purposes by different groups of people.

At any rate... the debate has been lively and tempers are starting to get a little hot, so it time to lock this thread and to encourage everyone to discuss freely but to always rememebr to respect one another.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •