The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 | State Of The Spoiling "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-14, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S28 | State Of The Spoiling "
This thread is intended to condense and clarify the weekly onslaught of video, audial and social clues that survivor and it's fans reveal. It will also be used to re-hash those same clues after the show airs, to figure out where we went wrong.

So far, this season has produce no bootlists. This thread is not for bootlists.

This is where we compile the weekly thoughts offered in the various threads and try to condense and present them in a clearer focus.
Which for this particular pre-season, will be needed.

My intent is to keep this in one thread until demand demands that we parse it out into weekly threads. *crosses fingers*

To begin, I would like to feature a couple of threads that are and will be of use as we continue on through the season.
The P,G&E Using the editing to figure out the overall storyline.
Future Caps We have quite a few shots of survivors that are not a part of ep1 (or ep2), this is where to find some of those glimpses into the future.
JP Says... ...and we really shouldn't care. But we do.
Sources Thread While there haven't been many, the scant clues dropped are contained there. When it comes to using sources, if they ever arrive, keep the discussion of them confined to that thread.
Confessional Counts A one-stop thread for anything 'confessional' related.
Post-Show Interviews Where we glean the clues from the usual delusions of the recently booted.

While my intention was to begin this new season of SOTS with a fairly comprehensive first episode, I got a little behind the ball. So, while we can expect an episode 2 SOTS. I would like to use the first couple of spaces for the re-hashing of where we went wrong (and right) for both hours of episode 1.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight tribephyl 03-01-14 1
   RE: SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight Sheldor 03-04-14 2
   RE: SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight Flowerpower1 03-04-14 3
   Abby Normal QuickBen 03-06-14 9
 Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling tribephyl 03-05-14 4
   RE: Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling CTgirl 03-05-14 5
   RE: Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling Sheldor 03-05-14 6
 SOTS | Ep 02 Hindsight tribephyl 03-06-14 7
   RE: SOTS | Ep 02 Hindsight Flowerpower1 03-06-14 8
 S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shi... Flowerpower1 03-12-14 10
   RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... kingfish 03-12-14 11
   RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... QuickBen 03-12-14 12
       RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... PepeLePew13 03-12-14 13
           RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... QuickBen 03-12-14 14
   RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... tribephyl 03-12-14 15
       RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... michel2 03-12-14 16
           RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... PepeLePew13 03-12-14 18
       RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to... Flowerpower1 03-12-14 17
 SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight tribephyl 03-13-14 19
   RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight Flowerpower1 03-13-14 20
       RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight CTgirl 03-13-14 21
           RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight QuickBen 03-13-14 22
           RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight Brownroach 03-13-14 23
           RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight MandC 03-14-14 24
               RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight Flowerpower1 03-19-14 25
 SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out Flowerpower1 03-19-14 26
   RE: SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out CTgirl 03-19-14 27
   RE: SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out tribephyl 03-19-14 29
 Ep 4 | SOTS | Odd One Out tribephyl 03-19-14 28
 SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight tribephyl 03-20-14 30
   RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight Georganna 03-20-14 31
       RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight tribephyl 03-20-14 32
   RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight Flowerpower1 03-20-14 33
       RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight Brownroach 03-20-14 34
           RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight tribephyl 03-20-14 35
               RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight suzzee 03-21-14 36
                   RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight tribephyl 03-21-14 37
                   RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight Brownroach 03-22-14 38
 Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies tribephyl 03-26-14 39
   RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... suzzee 03-26-14 40
       RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... tribephyl 03-26-14 44
   RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... Flowerpower1 03-26-14 41
       RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... Brownroach 03-26-14 42
           RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... suzzee 03-26-14 43
               RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... Brownroach 03-26-14 46
       RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zom... tribephyl 03-26-14 45
       Spoiler? (Don't read this if you ... Brownroach 03-26-14 47
           RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... tribephyl 03-26-14 48
           RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... Flowerpower1 03-26-14 49
               RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... Brownroach 03-26-14 50
                   RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... tribephyl 03-27-14 51
                       RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... Brownroach 03-27-14 52
                           RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if ... tribephyl 03-28-14 53
 Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake tribephyl 04-01-14 54
   RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Brownroach 04-01-14 55
       RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... tribephyl 04-02-14 56
           RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Sheldor 04-02-14 57
               RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Scarlett O Hara 04-02-14 58
                   RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Sheldor 04-02-14 59
                       RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Corvis7 04-02-14 61
                           RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... PepeLePew13 04-02-14 62
                               RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Corvis7 04-02-14 63
                                   RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... PepeLePew13 04-02-14 64
                                   RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... tribephyl 04-02-14 65
                                       RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Corvis7 04-02-14 67
       RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... Flowerpower1 04-02-14 60
           RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snak... CTgirl 04-02-14 66
   Retrospect: Over thinking! Flowerpower1 04-03-14 69
       RE: Retrospect: Over thinking! Brownroach 04-03-14 71
           RE: Retrospect: Over thinking! PepeLePew13 04-03-14 72
       RE: Retrospect: Over thinking! CTgirl 04-03-14 73
           Early thoughts... Flowerpower1 04-03-14 74
               RE: Early thoughts... PepeLePew13 04-03-14 76
       RE: Retrospect: Over thinking! tribephyl 04-03-14 75
           RE: Retrospect: Over thinking! Brownroach 04-04-14 78
 RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling Scarlett O Hara 04-02-14 68
   RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling PepeLePew13 04-03-14 70
       RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling Sheldor 04-03-14 77
 Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt tribephyl 04-09-14 79
   RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hun... CTgirl 04-09-14 80
   RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hun... suzzee 04-09-14 81
       RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hun... tribephyl 04-09-14 82
   RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hun... Flowerpower1 04-09-14 83
 Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks tribephyl 04-16-14 84
   RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks Scarlett O Hara 04-16-14 85
   RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks Flowerpower1 04-16-14 86
   RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks michel2 04-16-14 87
       RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks CTgirl 04-16-14 88
           RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks michel2 04-16-14 90
               RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks CTgirl 04-17-14 97
   Ep. 8 | Hindsight tribephyl 04-16-14 89
       RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight michel2 04-16-14 91
           RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight RachelOH1 04-16-14 92
           RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight Brownroach 04-16-14 93
               RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight tribephyl 04-17-14 94
                   RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight Flowerpower1 04-17-14 95
                   RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight michel2 04-17-14 98
                       RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight Brownroach 04-17-14 100
                           RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight CTgirl 04-17-14 102
                               RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight Brownroach 04-17-14 103
                               RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight michel2 04-18-14 104
       Hindsight is 20-20 CTgirl 04-17-14 96
           RE: Hindsight is 20-20 Sheldor 04-17-14 99
 Part 2 SOTS Thread? Brownroach 04-17-14 101

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-01-14, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight"
First things first.
The title of the episode had NOTHING to do with the boot story.
Hot girl with a grudge was about Morgan, yet Morgan didn't exact any type of grudge.
So right away we were kind of led astray.

Second. The parsing of the teases...
Three castaways face a game-changing decision minutes after the competition begins.
While we didn't predict completely the leaders and the weaklings. Some evidence was out there.
LJ as leader and Morgan as weakest was kind of an easy pick.
Garrett lazing about in his underwear was a clue, as was Trish sitting alone on the boat prow.
I could have guessed David took the leader position, but I figured he'd start a little bit UTR. I was wrong.
There were caps of Sarah raising her hand as leader.

Meanwhile, one tribe pours both blood and sweat into an early challenge
Early challenge means 2nd IC. (Which was not a separate reward challenge) Aparri breaks skin during the second challenge.

one castaway seeks revenge after discovering that her tribe wants to vote her out
Morgan....has yet to do anything about being the odd-girl out. Other than clinging to Brice and commiserating with Jeremiah.

So, the boot story was somehow tied into the 'early game-changing decision'. As both the leader and the weakest were booted in ep.1.
Again, I think we were led astray.

IC/TC1:
The challenge was pretty much figured out (But helped to have caps of the 2nd IC to measure against.) that Luzon was the loser and would go to TC. That David was the boot is of no surprise.

IC2/TC2:
The IC came down to LJ vs JTia but we had no idea how far behind JTia would end up being. Without seeing the state of Luzon's puzzle it then came down to a choice of either Luzon or Solana for the loss.
Adding in the clues of a Brice/Jefra rift, Garrett at a possible future challenge, and the 'Hot girl with a grudge' title, I can see how we were led down the path of least resistance.
As it turned out. Garretts swimming shots were from something innocuous at camp. The 'Brice/Jefra rift' and 'Morgan/LJ grudge' will have to wait for a later episode.

Sheldor 4555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-04-14, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight"
Great Hindsight tribephyl!

One thing though...

one castaway seeks revenge after discovering that her tribe wants to vote her out

Isn't that J'Tia tossing the rice on the fire?

Flowerpower1 4330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-14, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS | Ep1. Hindsight"
Excited about this thread, Tribe! You are the MAN! Count me in...

And, I love dissecting what we got right as well as where we went wrong. I agree with Sheldor, the clue One castaway seeks revenge after discovering that her tribe wants to vote her out was indeed regarding J'Tia and her exacting her revenge by dumping the rice. Also, it's what Jiffy was harping about all week, why would you ever tell anyone cough**Garrett and Kass**cough, that they are next on the chopping block?

We guessed that the clue referred to Morgan, because we guessed that she was the "Hot Girl" with a grudge. She was the hot girl with the grudge, but the clues were not related. Also, we guessed that the beauty's would lose the IC. We knew that the Brawn's would finish first, and we ASSUMED that the Brains would finish next. We thought, at least I thought the Beauty's would lose because of a future vidcap...

This....

And, this...

Well. Since we see that tribe without Brice present, can we ASSume that he'll be the first boot when the tribes does go to TC?

I think all in all we did amazing considering we just have to decide which challenge goes where. I wonder when the burlap bag, haystack challenge will occur, and will it be a combined RC/IC, or will it be just an RC?

More food for thought.

QuickBen 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-06-14, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail QuickBen Click to send private message to QuickBen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Abby Normal"
My recap from last week. I write them for a group of friends; we've been playing our own Survivor game for many, many seasons. Sorry it's late; just thought I'd post it here in case anyone can't get enough Survivor.

Previously on...Survivor!

Eighteen brand new desperate attention whores descended upon Cagayan. Actually, only the 6 so-called "Brains" actually descended - in a helicopter - while the other 12 either bumped in in a beat up truck ("Brawn") or swooped in on a speedboat ("Beauty"),

Morgan was a bit full of herself, so to speak. I'm as surprised as you are, but she managed to tell us twice that she didn't "want to sound conceited, but...", and then proceeded to sound really conceited. She can get guys to do what she wants, because of her looks. Check. She is obviously on the Beauty tribe. Check.

Spencer is a "Diabolical genius". We'll see.

Jefra boasted of placing second three years in a row at the Miss Kentucky pageant. Not exactly a winner's quote,

Sarah loves MMA because she gets paid to punch people in the face. Who says cops are jerks by nature?

Tribes were forced to choose leaders; LJ for Beauty, because he was tall and had more of a spark of intelligence behind his eyes than Jeremiah, I suppose. Sarah was tabbed by Brawn; she actually sort of volunteered. And David freakin' Samson for the "Brains", because he was wearing a blazer, don't call it a suit, dammit.

Leaders were then forced to pick someone on their tribe as the weakest member. Ouch. Some may say it's unfair for production to create labels like this, but I don't mind - it forces the action. Except when someone I like gets screwed. Then it's not so great. But, hey, remember last season when Rupert marginalized himself right out of the game, right out of the gate? That was sweet.

LJ picked Morgan, because he doesn't trust "hot" chicks. Sound thinking, LJ. You jerk. Leave Morgan alone! Sarah picked Trish, because she had to pick someone, I suppose; there weren't any obvious weak links. I would have picked Lindsey, just because she is younger and may not bring as much to the table, in terms of life experience and savvy. For his weakest tribemate, David picked....Adonis. No, wait. He picked, Garrett, who only thinks he is Adonis. Clearly the strongest person on the tribe, and David named him the weakest. Moe. Ron. Not only did he choose to alienate the strongest person on the team (in a game where the other teams are clearly stronger), but, when Probst asked "why?", David made it worse by stating he was already looking at the last two-thirds of the game.

This was our first indication that the "Brains" tribe was sorely mislabeled.

It's stupid enough to tick off your strongest player (especially on a small tribe), and to show no compunction in doing so, but it's even worse to hit the ground and immediately let everyone know you are playing HARD. Hey, David, here's a baseball metaphor for you: You can't win the pennant in April, but you can lose it in April. But as president of the Miami Marlins, that is not a revelation, for you, is it? And I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Mr. Marlin chose to get rid of his best player at the first opportunity. Right, Hanley Ramirez? Right, Jose Reyes? Right, Josh Johnson? Hey, David, don't you think Giancarlo Stanton is a little too pricey for Miami? Send him to KC!

The "weakest" players were sent ahead to their camps to choose between a HII clue or an extra bag of rice for their tribe. Garrett immediately chose the clue, and immediately found the HII. Too easy. I don't care that it was hidden under water. So now Garrett has an ace up his sleeve (I apologize, I couldn't resist the poker pun and, as we know, we have to get all of the poker and baseball jokes out of the way this week).

For her tribe, Trish opted for rice. Because she is nice. No, that can't be it; I seem to remember her wanting to tear Lindsey a new one later in the show. I don't know why she took the rice. I wouldn't have. Even though I am nice.

Morgan took the HII clue over the rice. This had the added bonus of having her strip down to her underthings and heading out into the shallows to idol search. I wonder if there's any bonus footage of this scene on the CBS site. Ahem. Beautiful rather than brainy, Morgan didn't have as much luck as Garrett in finding the idol, and her tribe got to camp before she could find it. "There are so many different crevasses and nooks and crannies," she noted. Yes, there are, Morgan. Such delicious nooks...wait. Where was I? But there is a glimmer of cerebral activity in Morgan. Climbing out of the water, feeling totally busted by her tribe for HII hunting, Morgan spun a lie on the fly: "Do you like what I picked?". Claiming she had been inspecting tide pools for crustaceans, she showed them the shelter-building equipment, the rice and other supplies that all three camps received and told them she picked those items over "comfort" items, whatever those were supposed to be. Her tribe seemed to buy it, except for LJ, who thought Morgan seemed a little too composed for someone who had just been sent off from their tribe. LJ even surmised that she may have an idol or a clue to one. So far, the Beauties have played much smarter than the Brains.

Sarah straight out nailed Tony as a police officer, but he wouldn't cop to it. Sarah told us that he had that "cop look" and if he wasn't a cop he should go be one. Tony then told Sarah that he knew, like, "50 cops". Weirdly specific, there, Tony. But I'm sure most construction workers have at least 50 cops as friends. Not. Tony told us he didn't want people knowing he was a cop because people think cops are "strategical" and "sharp on (their) toes". Of all the thoughts I've ever had about cops, those two things were never among them. Meanwhile, Sarah, is still pretty darn convinced he's a cop, so, either way, she doesn't trust him. Good call, Sarah. Now there's a cop who's sharp on her toes. Hey, Tony, you're a cop. Maybe you should realize another cop might be able to figure that out.

Over at Brains R Us, J'Tia is engineering a shelter project. You know, because she's a nuclear engineer - what could be a better fit? Actually, after watching her for two hours, I'm pretty sure J'Tia is a nucular engineer. J'Tia's plan seemed to consist of bossing people around and then telling them they're doing things wrong. David told us that J'Tia is the kind of player who gets to bat and then can't produce. So David didn't miss anything being away from the Marlins last summer. And, really, did anyone make more errors on the first episode than David? Nope.

The IC/RC was a multi-part beast, and the Brains were crushed. Mmmm....crushed brains... For all their composite IQ, they couldn't figure out how to put a rectangular chest through a rectangular hole. Or how to keep their puzzle pieces in the chests. Or how to keep their cart together. Probst tried to encourage them: "Whatever brains they had have clearly evaporated 72 hours into this game!"

Kass made the rookie mistake of telling J'Tia she was going to vote her out. J'Tia cried a little. But Tasha and Garrett saved her day when they told her they wanted David out, because he was such a blazered weasel.

At TC, (after a Garrett freak-out over a spider) Probst tried to suss out the David/Garrett rivalry, but David assured Probst it was all okay, and that he was sure Garrett wasn't going anywhere that night. Finally, David had gotten something right. David Samson's torch was snuffed, setting off festive celebrations in Montreal and Miami. As for David, he just stormed off with a pissy "unbelievable!". Heh. He was terrible at Survivor. No one in Miami is surprised.

The second hour began with a colicky baby. The baby's name is Garrett: "This is not fun for me," he mewled. "Manual labor isn't fun. Starving isn't fun. At poker tournaments they bring me chicken and vegetables. It's not like a cool adventure for me. I want to play Survivor to outlast and outplay people. I don't want to play Survivor just to survive in the wilderness." The guy is insufferable.

Brice decided to use his purple pants to get in Morgan's good graces. That's what he said. He also said that all of Jefra's "crayons in the crayon box aren't bright."

Morgan said she thought Jeremiah was hot for her. Jeez, Morgan, that sounded so conceited. Brice and Morgan and Jeremiah seemed to make a pact, with Morgan noting she was from the Silicon Valley. Could've fooled me.

Woo outed Uncle Cliffy as a former NBA'er: "Yeah, I have a few of your cards." I like Woo's style; we'll see if he has game, as well. Cliff said: "Batman has Robin, Jordan had Pippen, and Cliff has Woo." Aw, what a cute couple. Then they dumped the boat.

Trish, returning to camp with an armload of wood, kindly informed Lindsey that there was more where that came from. Lindsey resented the implication that she wasn't doing her share. Hey, someone has to stand around the campsite and keep the conversation going. After a couple of acrimonious comments, Trish went back to work and Lindsey began mocking her, calling her "Malnu-Trish" and making "Trish faces". It was ugly, and it pushed Lindsey way down on my list of players I'd want to see win this season. But no sooner had I commented on her ugliness when Trish reurned the favor, mock for mock. Although slightly less nasty, Trish's comments were a little more frightening, as she let us know Lindsey didn't know who she was messing with, or Lindsey would still be crying. From the look on Trish's face, I'm inclined to believe her.

Tony then filled us in. While he was building the shelter, he was installing a little cubbyhole on the side which he called his spyshack. Hashtag spyshack on the screen! Heh. What a maroon. Tony, you really would have loved Phillip Shepard. Or he would have loved you. Stealth R Us! While the rest of his tribe likes and seems to admire Cliff, Tony said he had to kill the head lion of the pride to take over. And then kill the cubs. What the heck?! This guy owns guns, right? Unless I'm wrong, if he kills the lions and the cubs, he's alone on his tribe. And a mass murderer. "I have more brain than brawn. Little do they know," Tony said. Very little, Tony.

During the second IC/RC, Brains actually took a lead, despite the fact that J'Tia was dead weight in the water. But not as dead as she was at the puzzle portion of the challenge. Our nucular engineer got smoked by Beauty and Brawn, despite a large lead. J'Tia panicked and never came close to solving the puzzle, even though she said she was usually good at puzzles. Just a horrendous performance. So Brains would be going back to TC. I'm seeing an image of a fried egg right now.

Digging into the Reward basket, Tony searched for a clue to the HII, and danged if he didn't find one. Apparently, the clue was as obvious as can be, because Tony had the idol in mere moments of screen time. This finding of the idol was accompanied by strange, disturbing ecstatic noises and repeated crows of "I'm king of the jungle!". Then I retched.

Garrett decided the "Brains" would have an open forum to decide who would get the boot. Great idea, Garrett. What's your IQ, again? Furthermore, he asked Kass to go first, putting her on the spot first. Kass pointed out J'Tia's many shortcomings, and Spencer and Garrett agreed, but Tasha wasn't happy with the situation, especially as Garrett insisted they all remain together and that there would be no side conversations. Garrett, you are a terrible, terrible player. I hope those thousands of hours you put into preparing for the game were worth it. Although I think you might have been studying an old D & D manual or something.

Tasha is irate over Garrett's tactics, telling us he should play the game or go home...just managing not to swear while doing so.

Spencer agrees that Garrett sucks, calling him "a first class, grade A moron." Yup.

Kass and Tasha manage to make their way to the beach where Tasha immediately tries to sway Kass to vote out Garrett. She pointed out that Garrett and Spencer were always going to be one and two in their alliance, whereas if Kass came with Tasha now, they could be a two person alliance and ditch J'Tia's crazy backside whenever they chose.

Naturally, Garrett's paranoia gets the best of him and he and Spencer come to check on Kass and Tasha...leaving J'Tia alone in camp. And naturally, insane J'Tia, channeling Brandon Hantz, dumps the tribe's rice in the fire. Of course. Because...she wants to go home? Because she wants to stay and starve? Kass admitted she has been considering Tasha's proposal but that this incident had pretty much put the nail in J'Tia's coffin. Pretty much.

The worst part of this whole mess, believe it or not, was Garrett's whining.First, he blamed Kass that he "wanted everyone to stay together" in camp, in the most annoying, whiny manner possible. Poor thing. It was bad enough before, but now he is at "rock bottom". Good. Lord. Someone needs his diaper changed.

After learning of the rice fiasco, Probst tried to explain how Survivor works to the Numbskull Tribe: Blindsides are good because they work and, bonus!, you can limit the craziness factor. Tasha said that's why she wanted to talk in private, because "this one (J'Tia) is volatile."

Even J'Tia admitted she was a "mental patient" at one point. That might be true.

Garrett continued his amazing run of horrible Survivor gameplay, outing his own alliance, and then denying his own words. Probst wouldn't let it slide, though, and even Spencer backed Probst up, shaking his head in disbelief at his tribemate.

Kass, given the option between a lunatic and an imbecile, went with the loony alliance and voted Garrett out. Hilarious. The dude didn't even bring his HII with him. Ha! He sure can read a table.

So, the "Brains", in one episode, managed to:

Choose a horrible leader (see the final 2013 MLB standings).

Alienate their strongest player by calling him weak, and also, apparently, evoking all of that person's worst traits in the process.

Create a rivalry between their "leader" and strongest player that destroyed them both.

Lose two challenges in humiliating fashion.

Lose all of their food.

Fail at shelter-building and fire-making.

Openly told targets their status.

Tried to strongarm a vote, only to fail magnificently with huge ramifications (food supply).

Kept the person who destroyed their food supply.

Failed to bring a HII to TC.

That's a pretty solid start, right there. I'm sure I forgot some examples of their stupidity, but it was hard to keep up.

As Kass noted: "How did we come up with the criteria for the Brains tribe? I'd like to see that data."

Spencer, voting for J'Tia: "The fact that you are a nuclear engineer is genuinely, genuinely scary."

After the vote, Spencer remarked, "Who wants to welcome me to the bottom?" Kass: "Eh, it's not so bad."

All said and done, i'm actually quite pleased that David and Garrett are gone. Two horrible players gone, et's move on.

Next time on...Survivor! Apparently Tony will fess up to Sarah. And Jefra is in a Survivor nightmare.

Boot pick! Simply based on her "Survivor nightmare" quote, I'm going with Jefra for boot. But it will be interesting to see if the entire Brains tribe dies of hunger.

03-05-14, 01:51 AM (EST)
4. "Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling "
Cops-R-Us
This week they tease; The castaways’ spirits are drenched by a monster monsoon. Meanwhile, two castaways form a “blue-blooded” alliance, and the “Brains” must win a challenge to avoid another trip to tribal council
Reworded for convenience; The Beauties' spirits are drenched (and are also the boot story). Meanwhile Sarah and Tony form Cops-R-Us alliance, and the Brains will appear dysfunctional but will overcome.

JP reiterated the importance of Luzon winning.
Suggesting that if they don't, they're goners...(and soon).
But if they do, they seem to be able to still stand a chance in the game. (IMO, Luzon won't see TC again for awhile.)

Sound reasonable?
The reasons I say this are multiple. And I can pin-point the reasoning without ever discussing the actual RC/IC challenge.
But from the mouths of participants...
J'Tia: This tribe is pretty much a complete disaster but it's entertaining.
Woo: The rain is gnarly, it's terrible, but this what Survivor's all about baby!
Jefra: I feel like I'm living in a Survivor nightmare. It's really, really, really hard.

If these three are the "thermometers" of the tribe... This episode will come down to who's spirits are drenched by the monster monsoon.
Luzon? Apparently disasterous but entertaining.
Lindsey looks to be 'silently' suffering at Aparri. And Woo is seemingly enjoying the effects. (Is he saying "this is what Survivor is all about" because of Lindsey?)
Most notably, Jefra is suffering at Solana. This is her Survivor nightmare.

As promised, without giving a complete run down of the combined RC/IC challenge named "Mazed and Confused"... a great posted version of the probable outcome can be attributed to Sheldor's astute compilation here.
Luzon appears to be completely dysfunctional but will come out winners (or non-losers).
And if Luzon makes it, then either Aparri or Solana are our losers.

More damning than anything else?
This weeks press images as related to the timestamps.
Of 26 press images, 11 of them are challenge related, the other 15 of them are at Solana camp, 7 of those AFTER the RC/IC challenge.

After:

-Morgan
-Jeremiah
-Jeremiah
-Jefra
-Brice
-Alexis

Now, trying to figure out whom from Solana is the boot.
Last episode...
Morgan started as the weakest, but quickly formed an alliance with Brice and subsequently Jeremiah. Now she has some numbers. AND a clue to the HI.
Jeremiah is one degree from virtually every tribemate there. He's verbally aligned with Brice and Morgan. He's visibly aligned with LJ and is seen consoling Jefra.
Jefra was already pegged as annoying by Morgan, Brice (and Jeremiah)...

Jefra and Alexis were lumped together as potential targets from Brice's confessional that he's NOT the 4th female.
And of course LJ will receive no forgiveness from Morgan.
So let's discuss the possibilities...

LJ as boot:
Pro: Main target of Morgan. Consumed with thoughts of Morgan. Visibly paired with Alexis.
Con: Powerhouse challenge performer as well as camp provider. Friend of Jeremiah.

Alexis as boot:
Pro: One of the annoying girls according to Jeremiah, Brice and Morgan.
Con: Friend of LJ. (although this could also be a Pro.)

Jefra as boot:
Pro: One of the annoying girls (actually named) by Brice, Jeremiah and Morgan. Isn't living up to her castaway-credentials, already appears to be worried about her health. Living in a Survivor nightmare.
Con: Friend of Jeremiah.

Brice as boot:
Pro: Not seen in the hauling the boat cap. (Which could just mean he's not in the frame, or it's from NEXT week.)
Con: Aligned with both Jeremiah and Morgan.

Ultimately, my official choice for bootation is ...
Jefra.
-Jefra
The boot story does not contain intrigue. Alliances, backstabbing, scrambling, etc. So I gather booting Alexis or LJ at this time is not the main focus. The groundwork for an LJ/Morgan stand-off has been lain. I'm just not sure they all get the chance to bring it to fruition.
Jefra is due to fall prey to the nightmare that is Survivor. A straight up, this girl can't handle it type of thing. And the coming storm is what breaks her. Jefra's spirits are drenched. Possibly pleading to be let go, OR everyone agrees she is miserable. I don't see a full blown med-evac but I don't see any drama with letting go someone who wants to go.

As an alternate and for something completely different.
Nowhere is it proven that Aparri doesn't lose. In that case it's Lindsey for the boot.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-14, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling "
Thanks Tribe! Its always nice to have everything summed up in one place.

My gut feeling was Jefra also so its nice that you confirmed it. (Or we'll both go down together! )

03-05-14, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 2 | State Of The Spoiling "
Great job tribephyl!

And certainly Aparri (Brawn) could lose but I doubt it.

S28: Pre-Season Vidcaps
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8155.shtml

32. "Inside Look Promo"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8155.shtml#32

"Inside Look Promo" most of the scenes are from Episode 1.

However, we KNOW these scenes are from Episode 2

This scene of Cliff shooting an Orange Ball is from a future episode's challenge
(Note: Jeremiah also seen throwing a Purple Ball in the unreleased intro credits):

So what episode is this Solana (Beauty) boat scene? Tonight? Next week with the ball tossing? Are they moving the boat in preparation for the Day 7 storm (if so Brice would still be there) or after the storm and after the IC so the boat doesn't get washed away by the next storm?

Note: Brice could also be doing a confessional as they move the boat.

03-06-14, 04:54 AM (EST)
7. "SOTS | Ep 02 Hindsight"
Of course, my interpretation of episode 2 was a fair amount off.
Yes, we knew Solana was going to TC because of the Solana at camp AFTER challenge press images.
But it seems while Morgan, Brice and Alexis were the targets the true clue to which was going to be the real victim of CTgirl's Theory.
And when discussing the horrible status of the survivors during the storm, as Jefra is complaining about her survivor nightmare this cap...

...of Brice, should have been the tip-off.

03-06-14, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS | Ep 02 Hindsight"
The thing about this picture that I noted....

...and that made me stick with it more over the thought of one of the girls was if you look at it, Alexis and Jefra are spaced on one side, while Morgan is in the middle on the other side, as if there are only 5 people carrying it. It made me think that Brice wasn't there at all. And, if it is a shot of them returning, then he should be there.

When I saw the CTGirl theory yesterday in the web promo, that's what made me stick with the pick after Tribe's pick of Jefra. And, isn't it funny that with all the Jefra shots in the press images and in the promos (OFG Theory), it wasn't even her that was the target. I found that surprising, and something for us to tuck away.

When I settle on a boot choice it's only after reading the clues, the vidcaps, the editing, the confessionals, etc. There was nothing that didn't support one of the girls going, so I still say it could have gone either way.

When I was watching the show, I knew it was going to be Brice when he was the last one that got a close up after the IC loss.

03-12-14, 09:45 AM (EST)
10. "S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"

For a recap of last weeks episode, check out the East Coast Spoiler Thread located here. LJ was suspicious of Morgan and went to root around where she had come from when they arrived at camp and low and behold, finds the HII. He was also suspicious of Morgan and Brice, and it all fell in Jeremiah's lap. In the end the good ole country boy didn't want anyone not to trust him, but it had to be done. He ended up sticking with 4 and booting Brice.

Dabo counts up our confessionals in the Confessional Thread. Tony had the largest number setting up to be a big character, but the question we all ask is, is he playing too hard at this point? Other interesting notables were Lindsay and Cliff with 0 confessionals, flying under the radar, and J'Tia with only 1. Could Tony be building to his boot ep? Or, could the other three be "surprise boots"?

MISDIRECTION

Next we have our Misdirection Thread located, here. The first notable is the title of the episode, Our time to shine. Clearly, this is stated by someone that has recently been losing, many speculate someone on the Brains tribe may utter these words. But, wouldn't it be ironic if the person that utters these words ends up being our boot later? We all know how EPMB loves his irony?

The first clue:

1. One Tribe considers throwing an immunity challenge in order to bench one of its strongest players. We saw in the preview promos that this is relating to the Brawn tribe. We saw Sarah suggest it to Woo, so they could get "him" out. The clue using the words "bench one of it's strongest players", imo, can only refer to their NBA star, Cliff.

2. a meltdown at a reward challenge could mark the end for one struggling castaway. Some speculate that Lindsay is struggling at the challenge...here she is falling over with the flag, which some speculate to be the last item they must retrieve...

....while others suspect it may be Tasha that has a meltdown there....

....but, it may even be Tony that melts down...

And, Brownroach has suggested it may be J'Tia.

Regardless, one thing we need to remember is in the past we have seen that usually one of the misdirection clues relates to our boot story. If that is the case this week then either Cliff will be the boot, or someone from the tribe that has the meltdown....food for thought.

VIDCAPS

The preview vidcaps and all of the weeks promos and press images can be found in our vidcap thread, located here. The preview promo notes: Sarah to Woo: We can easily throw this.
Probst: The Brawn tribe is looking to blindside one of their own.
Sarah <talking to Woo>: So, let's just throw it today. Let's get him out.

Clearly, this is scheming prior to the IC. We just saw that Sarah and Tony did some major bonding last ep when Tony finally confided to her that he was indeed a cop. They formed the Cops-R-Us, or the Blue Blood Alliance. They are solid. We also saw Tony lie and plant a seed regarding a conversation that he says Cliff and Lindsay had about her and essentially they were labeling her as the threatening player. Couple this with the wording of the misdirection clues, one tribe wants to bench one of their strongest players underlines for me that this is referring to Cliff, the NBA star.

I firmly believe that the "him" they are contemplating throwing the challenge for is Cliff. However, some peeps may believe that if it's Tony having the meltdown at the RC, perhaps it could be him as well.

The Reward Challenge:

The blindfolded tribe mates must gather 10 items scattered around the arena all the while avoiding all kinds of painful obstacles, with direction from the one sighted caller, located on the tower. They must additionally load the item on the lift, and pulley it up to the tower. The reward is this...

Chickens! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are back! Additionally, there is a large burlap sack of something next to the chickens, which some speculate to be a bag of rice, but I think it could also be chicken feed.

Who wins? Here are the Brains as they near their flag, but note, there is no Beauty flag in that area....did they get theirs already? Or, is it just out of the frame to the left?

Note the flags are located the farthest away from the towers...

In the above shot, note that the Brains sack on the ground is already gone. At this point, I would guess that the Brains just could be ahead.

We know that the Beauty's win at least 1st or 2nd because back at camp, here is Alexis in front of the chicken coop...

The Immunity Challenge:

The IC has 4 tribe members, sitouts are Tony, Lindsay and Alexis, that alternatingly must jump/dive down and release "buoy's" from a tether at 1 meter down, 2 meters down, 3 meters down, 4 meters down, and 5 meters down. Once all 5 balls are collected and placed in their basket on their dock, they can begin to toss them into the hoop. The first tribe to get all 5 balls in their hoop win the challenge. The teams must have several peeps in the water to retrieve missed shots.

When you look at the video of the challenge run with the dream teamers it appears that anyone can take the shots at the end, and they do not have to alternate, in other words, if Cliff wants to take all of the shots at the end, he can do so.
Here is how it may unfold:

Here they are at the start, getting ready to take turns retrieving the bouys...

We can clearly see that the Beauty's are first to retrieve all of their bouys, as they are the first to start throwing into the hoop. Note they have 2 peeps in the water retrieving balls, Jefra and LJ, while Jeremiah and Morgan are the throwers, mostly Jeremiah...You can also see that the Brains and the Brawn are close...looks like they have a similar number of balls collected so far. Cliff is returning with a ball, and Brain is slightly ahead with Spencer returning, and looks as if Tasha is getting ready to retrieve a bouy next.

Here is Jeremiah tossing, note that Cliff is still out in the water retrieving a buoy, and that the Brawns at this point only have 2 buoys collected. Note that Jeremiah must have missed a few, otherwise we would see the buoys being collected under the basket in the tube.

Here is Jeremiah with another toss...

Now here are the Brains starting to throw the baskets...

Clearly, a few misses....then we have this pick of one of their retrievers for the missed shots...

So, there we have it.

RESULTS

RC Winners: Brains, Beauty's
Losers: Braawn

IC Winners: Beauty's

There is a case for the Brawns losing the challenge. But, clearly all of the hype regarding them throwing the challenge will either lead to them doing it or not. If they are not able to throw the challenge because we know that in the end, Cliff does shoot their baskets...

And, we know that J'Tia is checking out of the challenge for the Brains. So, despite their best efforts to throw the challenge, they just may not be able to do it. They are competing against the Brains.

If they do try and throw the challenge and are successful will Cliff be the boot? He could be. Here is a case for the CTGirl Theory right in the preview promo...

And, another case for it in the last promo...

Some are speculating though that all of the hype for getting "him" out is misdirection. If it is, than Lindsay could become the boot. She butted heads with Trish in the first episode, then she laughed at Sarah falling from the hammock, not too good to antagonize the other women in the tribe, imo. She was also one of the ones that Tony called out in his lie to Sarah for considering Sarah the biggest threat. She could be toast.

Additionally, she is also ALL over the press images this week:

If the Brawns do not go to TC, and the Brains choke even when another tribe is TRYING to throw the challenge, then clearly the boot will be...

Personally, I am leaning toward all of the hype being misdirection, which would mean either Lindsay or J'Tia is out. This is another tough one! Have fun and vote,
here.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-14, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-14 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

Great job summarizing, FP.

I'm thinking that J'Tia checking out of the IC would not be a bad thing for her tribe, it may be why they don't lose, if in fact they don't lose.

03-12-14, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail QuickBen Click to send private message to QuickBen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Nice preview Flower Power! Now I'm more confused than ever - quite the accomplishment if you knew me.

Is it okay for me to post my recaps here? I'm pretty new to your forums, still learning my way around here.

Previously on...Survivor!

J'Tia summed up the first 6 days pretty effectively: "This tribe is pretty much a complete disaster. But it's entertaining."

Tasha let us know that J'Tia would have been booted last episode - if Garrett hadn't been such a complete moron. Tasha also cemented an all-female alliance with the honest lawyer, Kass, and the deranged one, J'Tia.

Tony was having a lovely day, hanging out with his best friends "They are against me and I'm by myself; me, myself, my idol and I. Now there's four of us!" Something tells me that's one more friend than Tony usually has. Obviously, no one else on his tribe can tolerate his presence. See, they can somehow tell in their bones that he's a cop, too.

But, apparently, four is the loneliest number, not one or two, as Three Dog Night would have you believe. So Tony approached Sarah and confessed that he was, indeed, a cop, lo, these 13 years. And so is his wife! "I'm Brian, and so's my wife!". Sarah knew that, too, probably; you can't get anything past Sarah. Sarah was so thrilled to have her "copdar" (like gaydar, only for cops) instincts prove correct ("I knew you were a f*cking cop!" - is there any other kind?) that she failed to realize that she was dealing with an accomplished liar, someone who had been lying to her for days. Cops lying to cops! So wrong! Perhaps Sarah was just missing the camaraderie of her fellow officers so much that it didn't matter it was a lying cop - it was a cop! Right here on the island with her! Cops are great! You can totally trust them! "We got that blue blood going and cop blood runs thick (so do cop brains) and he is loyal to cops and you better believe that I am going to stick by his side. We are going to be partners in crime." Sarah, I bet there are some really good cops where you work...and a few awful ones, the kind who will steal your lunch out of the fridge, not to mention bend all the rules to get whatever it is they want. You may want to be partners in crime with him, but Tony's a few crimes ahead of you already, and plotting more.

After establishing their "blue blood" alliance (and listening to Tony shout "Cops R Us!" a zillion times), Tony tried to rope Sarah in further with a string of lies about Cliff trying to get Lindsey on board with booting Sarah because she was "too smart". Then he made her promise not to share the information he gave her with anyone else, sealing it with a handshake that Sarah misguidedly called "the most sincere handshake you'll ever have in your life." Or not. While Sarah is convinced that swearing on your badge is an unbreakable oath, Tony privately assured us that they "were just words", and words don't mean anything. He didn't trust her, and no one should trust him. Gah. I hate that he has done a few things well (finding the HII clues and the HII) because I don't like him personally, at least in this game. Maybe he's a nice guy outside the game, but...no; I just can't see it. I hope Sarah sees through him sooner rather than later, which may happen as early as next week. Sarah told us she felt like she had won the lottery when Tony fessed up, but I think it's like those lottery winners who end up bankrupt or dead within a year.

And the rains came down. Downpours, gales, violent lightning. Many of these survivors did not expect to have to survive a tropical storm on a tropical island, but not an excited Woo: "The rain is gnarly, it's treacherous, it's freezing, it's pouring; it's terrible but this is what Survivor is all about, baby! Woo!" Gotta love ya some Woo. Maybe worry about his sanity a bit, but gotta love him.

Lindsey is less enthused: "This is the most ridiculous situation I've ever been put myself in, and I just wish I hadn't." I wish she hadn't, too. Does she know she can leave any time she wants to? That would be good. Her personality is abrasive to me.

The storms raged, and the Beauty women whined. Jefra whimpered: "I feel like I'm in a Survivor nightmare...Reality has set in and it's really, really hard." Yes, reality sucks, Jefra. It's what keeps liquor stores in business. And certain establishments in Colorado and Washington, what?! But you signed up for this, miss outdoorsy girl.

LJ was a little put out that the female Beauties were living up to their stereotype, wanting to be taken care of while not helping out. But he was wise enough not to say anything. And even smarter to take advantage of the down time to consider just what Morgan had been up to when they first arrived at their campsite, flouncing out of the water like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. He surmised that she just might have been hunting a HII, and that it just might still be there. "Who the hell finds a HII in the middle of a typhoon? This guy!", he noted triumphantly after locating the idol. "I've grown up on hard work pays off. You reap what you sow, and now I hold a piece of this game that's priceless. I'm keeping this a secret."

Over at the Brains, Tasha wants the tribe to practice for the upcoming challenge. Kass? Kass would rather do some interior decorating on the shelter. Oookay. For his part, Spencer thinks that getting hydrated is more important, even though Tasha menacingly told him that, of all of them, he should really want to practice. J'Tia just wants some rice. hahahaha! Tasha eventually gets the tribe to practice throwing water at/on each other, with mixed results; kudos to the editors for providing Strauss' 'The Blue Danube' for background music to the inept efforts of the Brains.

The RC/IC was a lot of fun, especially if you enjoy seeing Morgan all wet. More water challenges, please! The Brains' practice helped not at all, as they quickly fell behind - there were some truly pathetic efforts from J'Tia in particular. However, Spencer and Kass saved the day for Brains, coming from behind to finish second to Brawn. Brains didn't finish last! Hurrah! Spencer was grabbing and lifting teammates. Tasha cheered. J'Tia just cried. I guess they told her there would be no more rice.

"I'll miss you at Tribal Council," Probst poked at the Brains. "We won't miss you," Tasha snotted back. I don't think Probst will really miss Tasha.

At the Brawn campsite, Annoying Tony was once again the only player to think of rifling the Reward contents for a HII clue. And he found it, of course. But at least he refrained from making gross ecstatic noises this time. And he still can't spin a giant pillow like Woo!

Once their new Reward hammock had been erected, Sarah inquired to the tribe in general if it would be okay to use it. Lindsey, sweet thing that she isn't, gave her the go-ahead: "I hope you fall." She tried to sound like she was kidding, but I don't think so. Passive-aggressive tendencies in this one. Of course the hammock immediately collapsed when Sarah got in and she fell on her backside. How Lindsey laughed! Lindsey's mocking laughter was just a bit too hysterical. She really enjoyed that moment. Blech. She's a mean girl. Served her right to lose a toenail to the elements. Karma, biotch.

Over at Beauty, the scrambling began. LJ's alliance of LJ, Jeremiah, Alexis and Jefra planned to oust Brice, as LJ considered him the more dangerous of the pair. Brice and Morgan, however, seemed to believe that Jeremiah was with them. He wasn't, though he did tell us privately he planned to take over the tribe. The only additional information we learned during the machinations was that Jefra and Alexis seemed pretty clueless about, well, everything.

At TC, Brice first stated that he was somehow involved with "the butterfly effect". If Brice gets booted on Survivor in Cagayan, there will be a drought in the US. Then Brice corrected his comment to say that he was "at the butterfly stage" of his life, complete with fluttering and some such. Brice said he is a butterfly that came out of a caterpillar. I think there's another step in there somewhere, Brice. Brice is sort of weird. He also griped about the lazy women in camp: "I feel like everybody should pull their own weight around camp." "Dot, dot, dot...?", asked Probst. "Dot, dot, dot!", replied Brice with a sassy face. During the entire TC, Jefra ("nobody was talking strategy before") and Alexis appeared confused and out of their element, but much to Brice's dismay, Jeremiah stuck with LJ and Brice was summarily booted.

Best TC quote: Morgan, in response to Probst's question about the Beauty tribe: "Yeah, I mean, we've got good-looking faces, so, I mean, what can I say? I like it." Smacks self in head. "Sorry, there's a bug in my hair." Hee.

"Clearly they wanted the cutest, most fashionable member out first," simpered Brice. Yes, that was the reason, Brice. He didn't blame Jeremiah, though: "I'm sure he really doesn't understand what happened. I'm surprised he could even spell my name...I really hope Morgan does well, and, to the rest of the people, I don't even remember their names." Graceful, Brice. At least we don't have to hear you endlessly repeat catchphrases like "talk of the town" any longer.

Next time on...Survivor! Sarah appears to be pushing Brawn to throw an IC in order to "get him out now." Him who? She seems to be talking to Cliff, who is buddies with Woo, so it must mean that Sarah has figured out Tony's duplicity. Also, she sounded p.o.'ed, and that makes me think Tony, too. Cliff and Woo are too nice to tick her off like that, while Tony has been playing her like a dupe the entire season, and for no sensible reason. Last episode irked me, because Sarah, who I like, seems too sharp to be fooled by Tony, at least for very long. I think Sarah is out for Tony's blue blood, but whether his ouster happens this week is still a question. Will Tony see it coming? Will he use his HII? I'd love for Tony to go home with his HII safely ensconced in his #spyshack.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-14, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Great summary, QuickBen! You might find a bigger audience for your summaries on the "Survivor Bashers" forum as that's where episode summaries have historically been posted. In this thread, most people probably would be expecting to read about the upcoming episode and try to predict what might unfold.

I think people would enjoy your summaries even more when they're already in a bashing state of mind when they go over there - and there's certainly an appetite for episode summaries, which is where your thoughts would be greatly enjoyed.

03-12-14, 12:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Thanks for the tips, Pepe, and the kind words.

03-12-14, 04:26 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Thanks a billion, FP!
I have been trying to come up with something for this week and have gotten behind the 8-ball with direction. I LVOE seeing you step in. Awesome, just awesome.

While I can follow you with everything regarding the RC and IC logistics, I am tending towards believing that the motivations are slightly different.
IMO the RC is won by Luzon and Solana. Aparri, and more singularly, Tony will blame the RC loss on Lindsey. The girl is struggling and Tony has a meltdown because of it.

Back at camp, here are the targets...

A small nod to CTTheory, with Cliff placed in the middle.

Then... Sarah visibly goes to both Woo and Trish to plant the seeds of throwing the immunity to get rid of 'him'... (Is it because of Cliff? Is it because of Tony?)
To get rid of Cliff, she shouldn't go to Woo.
But even more telling to me is the fact that we DON'T see her consulting with Tony (her newest/best alliance partner) about 'throwing the challenge'. This leads me to believe all the purposeful-loss conjecture is indeed to target Tony.

The mere fact that even though they both have initial reservations, both Woo and Trish agree to throw the challenge. This means to me also that the target is someone the tribe, together, finds highly objectionable. Tony has even stated that he is definitely on the outside, at camp.

But...he has something no one else does.
Well, two things...
A spy shack and a hidden idol.

Tony's gonna try to throw Lindsey under the bus.
But Trish, Woo and Sarah will end up succeeding in placing Aparri at TC.
No one is aware that Tony has the idol.
They vote and then JP asks for an idol.
Tony grins, then hands an idol to JP.
A shocked tribe waits to hear that Lindsey is the bootee.
A shocked audience (and tribe) are horrified when it's discovered that Tony voted for Cliff.

Alternate: TPTB keep the irony going with Luzon winning the last IC, the current RC, state the title "Our time to shine", only to fall completely apart at the following IC. In that case, JTia is a goner. (But I honestly don't think she goes yet.)

michel2 4503 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-14, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Tribe wrote:
"...we DON'T see (Sarah) consulting with Tony (her newest/best alliance partner) about 'throwing the challenge'"

That's the key isn't it? Stated like this makes it fairly simple. Cliff is part of the plan to throw the challenge so he'll do an impersonation of Shaquille's free throws. If he gets idoled after losing a basketball challenge it will make his opening words come true: "I don't play, I don't eat".

Thanks Tribe for your insight.

03-12-14, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Great scenarios, FloPo and Tribe!

Not a bad idea about Cliff doing a Shaq impersonation - after all, the balls are radically different from what they use in the NBA and Cliff could easily justify it as his muscle memory is locked in for a certain weight for so many years as a basketball player and it`s hard for him to adjust to a different ball in an outdoor setting.

03-12-14, 05:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S28| SOTS|Episode 3 Our Time to Shine"
Ok Tribe, I want to get this straight. I thought about Tony but I couldn't get past Sarah turning on him so fast. She was sooo excited about the blue blood alliance. All that build up for her to throw it out the very next episode?

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was the one that has a meltdown and tries to blame Lindsay. But, as Brownroach noted, it's very rare that both clues are in regard to the same tribe.

One of the biggest reasons I think they are gunning for Cliff is the misdirection clue of "benching" one of their strongest players.

I was thinking maybe Tony goes ballistic at Cliff as well for doing a poor job with the calling? This is a tough week. I thought it was Tony that planted the Cliff seed in Sarah. Tony is getting Sarah to do his dirty work, maybe?

One thing is clear, it's going to be a surprise. I even thought of Lindsay perhaps throwing in the towel, or J'Tia, for that matter?

03-13-14, 00:03 AM (EST)
19. "SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
Clearly, I read waaay to much into the hype this week.

But I refuse to quit.

Much like Cliff did, even when working against 3 players from his own tribe.
Are we to assume the struggling castaway with a meltdown was JTia?
The title was spoken by Woo, who'da thunk that? (Aparri in a non-winning but still winning manner.)
And the brains continue their downward spiral...
(I think JP said it best with that pregnant pause at the beginning of TC.)
Well, I guess some things are more Occam's razor than others.

Speaking of refusing to quit. I am opening the Anti-Boot Contest, just in time for the swap! Look for it in the Games Forum, soon.

03-13-14, 07:46 AM (EST)
20. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-14 AT 08:05 AM (EST)

Well, my gut was leading me the right way. Since the preview promo was ALL about the Brawns throwing a challenge to get "him" out, I really thought that it would indeed come to "naught", as Brownroach mentioned. Hitting us over the head with it meant more than likely it wasn't happening. So, if "he" wasn't getting out, then someone else was. There were 2 scenario's: someone else in the Brawn tribe...Lindsay because she didn't get along with Trish or Sarah and she was one of the ones that Tony lied about to Sarah, OR someone from another tribe was leaving.

I did think the Beauty's would win both challenges. I also suspected the title, "it's our time to shine" could indeed come from the Brawn tribe as they contemplated getting Cliff, the NBA star booted. I think Sheldor definitely suspected it and noted it in the Title, Tweets, misdirection thread. I also suspected the tribeman they wanted to get rid of all along was Cliff because Sarah was bound to her cop brother, and because of the wording in the misdirection clue, "benching". Had to be Cliff. Woo knew he was an NBA player and therefore knew how rich Cliff likely is.

Frankly, I was leaning toward Lindsay most of the week, but toward the end of the week I thought to myself, if they are on board with throwing the challenge, but fail it had to be because one other tribe was worse at the challenge than they were. Put that together with Cliff making baskets despite the efforts of others to slow them down, along with J'Tia failing miserably at it, I realized that they would most likely still beat the Brain tribe. Clearly, J'Tia was the one that had to go.

Interesting things to note: No pictures at all of J'Tia in the preview vidcaps. In other words they wanted her to be a hidden, surprise boot. Again, in the second promo, there are no shots of J'Tia. And, in the third promo, there is only one picture of J'Tia and that is when she is standing with her entire tribe at the RC start...

This is a classic case for the early surprise boot. It seems as if in most seasons there is someone that they try to do this with. Clearly, J'Tia was on our radar.

ETA: Question: I wonder if in the MIsdirection Clues they got the second clue wrong and meant to say one tribemember has a meltdown at the IC? I didn't see anyone have a meltdown at the RC....yet at the IC, J'Tia significantly had a very tough time?

Who knows? But, I agree that both clues were not in reference to the same tribe.

food for thought

03-13-14, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
FloPo thanks for doing the SOTS and great reasoning. I was on board with what you were saying. Brownroach really nailed it with the one press pic of J'Tia struggling in the water. A picture paints a thousand words!

During the RC, Jiffy did say "J'Tia panicking again" when she couldn't process what Tasha was saying about getting the flag back on the mat. I think that is the meltdown they were referring to. All of the girls struggled in the water but the editing focused on J'Tia because she was the boot. I have to say Tribal Council was edited brilliantly. I was on the edge of my seat hoping that Tasha and Kass would boot J'Tia and not Spencer!

Late yesterday afternoon I was listening to Rob Cesternino's podcast with Brice and Brice was going on and on about how great J'Tia was. I suspected that they became friendly at Ponderosa so I thought she could have been the one voted out but as you said, there weren't many clues to her boot.

03-13-14, 11:18 AM (EST)
22. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
I confess, I was sucked in by the promos. Thought Tony's excessive airtime (excessive for me, at least) was due to an early boot.

I will admit to my mouth hanging open when the Brains were in the process of losing that RC - they had it in the bag. Or on the mat, if you will. Good grief - J'Tia really can't perform at all when under pressure. And she's a "nucular" engineer? I don't know the job description, but I hope it's a verrry relaxed setting. Tasha failed here, too, I thought, panicking a bit herself.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your community.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-14, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
Brownroach really nailed it with the one press pic of J'Tia struggling in the water. A picture paints a thousand words!

Hey, that was just good old CTgirl theory.

I was feeling the same way as FloPo: either Brawn would go to TC but the original target wouldn't get voted out, or they wouldn't succeed in throwing the IC because another tribe would suck so horribly. And with Cliff shooting the ball, the latter scenario eventually seemed more likely. I figured the "struggling" castaway must refer to J'Tia, since she was on the chopping block once already and we were already primed for her to get voted out.

MandC 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-14, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MandC Click to send private message to MandC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
Thanks FloPow for the SOT. Reminded me of old times. Now looking back, the Brain tribe was not really featured. So CBS decided to hide the boot. Why???

03-19-14, 05:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: SOTS | Ep 03 Hindsight"
Welcome MandC! Nice to have you join in, the more the merrier! CBS, always thinks they are hiding the boot, they like to tease....

03-19-14, 06:39 PM (EST)
26. "SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-14 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

Episode 4, ODD ONE OUT

Doing a rush job on the SOTS this week, sorry folks! The Recap: The Brains lose again, even when the Brawn are doing their darndest to throw the challenge. J'Tia is toast, and Spencer notes: "I'm gonna show you you made the right decision. I'm with you 100%." Tasha said she knew.

Next week, drop your buffs. The Beauty's, the Brawn, and the Brains are no more and we are going to 2 tribes.

Misdirection Clues

Sheldor first posted the clues in the Title, Tweets, and Teases Thread. Jiffy noted that the title, "Odd One Out", refers to someone has the worst luck and gets separated from the rest of their tribe and placed on an opposing tribe. Vidcaps confirm that Sarah is the unlucky one with the worst luck.

But, some speculate that LJ and Jefra also had rotten luck...

1. Castaways drop their buffs and form two new tribes.

Here is the other new tribe:

2. A decision made on Day 1 could lead to a castaway's elimination

"Could" being the operative word. Lots of decisions were made on Day 1. Leaders were picked. Sarah, LJ. Weak links were picked. Trish, Morgan. Rice was given, Trish, and Rice was denied, Morgan. So, the clue could refer to any of the above.

3. The battle for immunity proves which new tribe has the most Brawn. NuSolana has the most old Brawn tribemates, and I suspect the nuSolana will win the IC (with the original Brawns), while the nuAparri (old Brawn tribe) will lose, proving that nuSolani has more "brawn". This would lead the old Brains right back to TC.

The Challenges

RC: Here is the arena, and note the covered table with something good underneath it...

Thanks to Sheldor once again, he notes that this is most likely the "Kicking and Screaming" RC where one tribe member holds onto a pole and the others have to try and drag you across a far away line. He notes that it has been used in the Cook Islands and in Gabon.

I think that nuSolani will win handily with so many guys.

IC: Tribephyl notes that the IC is the "Gate Crasher" challenge which is also a recycled challenge from China. Tribe mates must crash through a wall, then place their log on a track and some sort of maze to the end of the log, then go through a hanging portal of some kind.

I suspect the nuBrawn, Solana Tribe will win this. They have proven that they don't only have brawn but they have brains as well, proving that Solani is now the nuBrawn tribe.

Who will be booted:

I suspected Sarah first, as the odd one out. Then the promos came out and we heard that Alexis says, I'm gonna jump ship., while we hear Jeremiah say this, She will backstab me in a heartbeat.. He is most likely referring to Morgan. The thing I have to ask myself is why are they so quick to jump to and court the Brains, when there are 3 Beauty's there? Clearly, something has happened for them to warrant scrambling. Either Sarah is locked on to the Brains, or they feel threatened by Morgan who has latched onto the Brains. For whatever reason, it sure seems like the Brains are in the drivers seat.

So, if they are then I suspect it will indeed by one of the Beauty's that is booted. They all fit, they are all seen in the promos. Who do I suspect will get the boot?

Well, we also hear Spencer saying this in the promo:

It's nice to upgrade from the moms to the hot girls.

While we see this...

Clearly, while it looks like Spencer is thrilled to have some beauty's to spend time with we know that this verbage and the picture to go with it is misdirection. I think Morgan would most likely want to exact revenge on Jeremiah, but if the nuAparri tribe loses the IC because they lack Brawn, I think they would be more inclined to spare Jeremiah and boot Alexis. I could be wrong. But, that's what I propose at this point....

Boot:

Alexis, the girl that still ponders if chickens are asexual or not, proving that she just doesn't belong with the "Crap for Brains" tribe.

Morgan, however, does fit the CTGirl theory this week, squeezed in the middle of the promos...

Then, one could also make a case for Jeremiah, who Morgan wants to exact revenge upon, and he's one of the few seen in the press images...

If the nuBrawn, Solani Tribe goes to TC, then I suspect their number one target to be...

...they have enough testosterone over there. If he plays his idol however, it could be...

Good luck and have fun!

03-19-14, 06:47 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out"
Thanks for laying it all out FloPo. It's a hard week to figure out especially now that CBS is only giving 2 clues and far fewer promo videos! But that makes it exciting too and I can't wait for the show tonight (its been years since I've had that feeling about survivor!)

I agree with your logic and now just have to decide if I go edit my Anti-Boot entry!

You rock!

03-19-14, 07:19 PM (EST)
29. "RE: SOTS|Ep 4|Odd One Out"
Thanks for this Flopo!
Sadly, I was concurrently writing and then posting.
I'm overjoyed that you do join in though. Having many different views is paramount.

03-19-14, 07:14 PM (EST)
28. "Ep 4 | SOTS | Odd One Out"
Title:
Odd One Out

Teases:
* Castaways drop their buffs and form two new tribes.
* A decision made on Day 1 could lead to a castaway’s elimination
* The battle for immunity proves which new tribe has the most Brawn.

JP tweet:
Tribe switches are always so fun. We love doing them randomly so we never know what we’ll get. For one person the switch is just about the worst thing that could happen. That’s when Survivor “luck” really sucks.

Tribes receive treemail teasing an RC challenge.
You're craving the taste of sweet victory,
at least that is how it's seeming.
To be denied this flavor sensation,
you'll be dragged away kicking and screaming.

But before they play, they drop buffs and 'randomly' redivide.
The results are as so...
Nu-Aparri: Sarah, Spencer, Morgan, Kass, Tasha, Alexis and Jeremiah.

Nu-Solana: Woo, Cliff, Trish, Jefra, LJ, Lindsey and Tony.

Now, the first RC is titled "Kicking and Screaming".
A replay of a challenge where 3 castaways per tribe would sit and hold onto a pole for as long as they can. Two members from the same gender would pull a member from the rival tribe and same gender off the pole to a mat. Once they get the person to touch the mat in any way possible then the next two castaways go. The first tribe to get all the castaways to touch the mat wins the challenge.

It is clear that the Nu-Solana have the advantage for this challenge.
With no puzzle portion to help even things out for Nu-Aparri.

Now, the IC is titled "Gate Crashers".
Each tribe uses a puzzle log to break through two sets of gates; then, they must turn, pull and push the puzzle log to navigate a maze that is worked into the surface of the log. Once the log is cleared from the maze station, the first tribe to hit a gong at the end of the course wins immunity.

What is interesting about this challenge is that even during the dreamteam run-through the advantage at first belongs to the stronger tribe, then during the puzzle phase, the weaker tribe catches up and surpasses the brawnier tribe.

I think this may be a hint as to how this challenge will indeed run with the survivors.

Now, to reach back into the promo vidcaps for a second...
2 people were focused on, each and every time the promo revealed the switch,

Lindsey and Morgan
With this kind of focus, at this particular moment, makes me believe the two of these ladies are affected the most by the swap.

And judging from the tribal dynamics at each of the camps...

at Aparri: The brains are in power, while the beauties are throwing fellow beauties under the bus and Sarah, as the odd one out, doesn't know who to trust.

at Solana: Trish and LJ are quite friendly. Trish and Jefra are seen with New Alliances blazed over them. Woo notes that LJ is dangerous (over a clip of Trish and LJ laughing) and both 'outsiders' Cliff and Lindsey question if Trish is gonna flip.

Survivors in danger of being booted in Episode 4:
at Aparri:
Alexis ~ Jeremiah ~ Morgan ~ Sarah

Sarah because she is the odd one out. BUT... the title has not matched the boot story so far this season, I doubt this weeks title spells out our bootee.
Morgan is being thrown under the bus by both of the other beauties. She isn't trustworthy but at the same time she's not really a threat.
Jeremiah and Alexis are both seen working deals and spreading information with the brains. Will the brains bite or will they attack? No one likes an overt gameplayer and if either of them are seen as trying to wrest control, the brains will flip. PLUS, as the tribe with more members than brains, and to not cause a possible tie next TC...a beauty will go.

Meanwhile...
at Solana:
Cliff ~ Lindsey ~ LJ

LJ IS dangerous. He is also only 1 of two easy boots for the remaining brawns. But, as the smarter, friendlier, more athletic one he stands a chance of lasting through at least 1 or 2 more TCs.
Cliff and Lindsey were both on the outside of the "alliance" when all the brawns were together.
The other three (Woo, Trish and Tony) were all part of the plan to throw the challenge and boot Cliff. Although without Sarah around to direct the vote, Trish may take over targetting and go for Lindsey.
If Trish gets LJ and Jefra then both Tony and Woo could be swayed to vote for Lindsey.

My Vote:
After many many versions and switches in thought and then realizing it's way too late but...
RC Winners: Nu-Solana

IC Winners: Nu-Aparri

Going to TC:
I am going to go for Lindsey as our F4 bootee.

I guarantee that is not the clear momentum of the boards, and for that, I guess I sit back and wait to be wrong yet again.

03-20-14, 00:35 AM (EST)
30. "SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-14 AT 00:37 AM (EST)

While pretty much all of us were thrown by the bootee this week, me included.

BR and I did figure out that the winners of the IC would be Nu-Aparri.
For me, from a combination of the tease and a viewing of the dreamteam challenge, helped push me towards the thought that Nu-Solana would be going to TC.

The boot story was, once again, not tied to the title.
The bootee was a hold over from an old tribal alliance.
The bootee was NOT featured in the solo Press Images.
And while Cliff was featured in the promos...

I really thought they'd boil it down to strength, and therefore Lindsey would be the target.

The closeness of LJ walking out of TC with an idol in his pocket got dangerously nerve-wracking for me.
I am loving his game even though he isn't really being shown as a winner.
But that was a very close call.
At the least it should solidify his cover story.

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-14, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
Ouch!

03-20-14, 04:18 AM (EST)
32. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
So sorry, Georj.
Certainly no harm meant, I just happened to notice BRs post in the ECST. Before scanning through the vote thread names.
I have now seen your vote and stand corrected.
I'll include Dabo too since he also picked a Solana for boot.

But we all still missed Cliff.
Could be that our Lindsey vibes are coming to fruition this week.

03-20-14, 07:19 AM (EST)
33. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
Great thoughts, Tribe. You were far closer to what happened than I was. Here is my logic. While you and BR resolved that the nuAparri Tribe would win the IC, I was never sold on it. We have been shown over and over that the other tribes had been far superior to the Brains at puzzles. LJ in particular. I did weigh in Sarah for being really good too, but with the past history of challenge performance, physical and mental feats, I really thought that once again the brains would be coming up short.

So, while I follow your logic, I still didn't buy it.

Regarding Cliff, wow! Talk about a hidden boot. He was no where really in the preview promo (No OFG theory), nor was he in the second promo. He shows up once in the last promo...

A real case for the CT Girl Theory. Next week we have to list all the candidates that fit that category.

As you noted he was not featured in the press images either. He had one confessional last week up from 0....hard to really call that a "spike". As Cliff noted in the end, he never saw it coming...neither did we!

Fun episode.

03-20-14, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
CTgirl theory applied to a lot of contestants this week so I think there's really no way we would have figured this one out. It was really only Sarah who wanted Cliff out last time, but her plan didn't work, and then she ended up on the other tribe. We'd have had to guess that someone else would take up her cause.

03-20-14, 09:02 PM (EST)
35. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
We'd have had to guess that someone else would take up her cause.

Exactly. And to find that both Trish and Tony, who have personally pointed out Lindsey as a target, moved past her and the other 2 newb, easy boots, to get back to Cliff. (AND lost Woo in the mean time.)
Wow. Just wow.
I wonder if there was something else about Cliff that was so objectionable? OR maybe they are all just newbies themselves and make REALLY weird decisions.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-14, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
Makes you wonder about the edit process this season. They know there's no real spoiler information available and there are no returning players or their stories to capitalize on. The video just seems to be the most "interesting" snippets of whatever happens to be going on during the end of one TC and the beginning of the next. All the old theories aren't working and the actual boot story isn't the story anymore. It seems to be all about the best drama.

I should be watched....closely.

03-21-14, 08:32 PM (EST)
37. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
It seems to be all about the best drama.

Which, hopefully, re-invigorates the whole community.

Although I am surprised at the amount of ABC players, considering our seriously huge hit in overall members since the Ukrainian Apocalypse, I sure do hope the game can manage to wrangle in a few more.

03-22-14, 02:17 AM (EST)
38. "RE: SOTS | Ep. 04 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-14 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

Well-put, Suzzee. There needn't be a "boot story" in the clues or previews. This week we were shown enough to reveal the general dynamics in each tribe -- i.e. what provided the drama. Who got booted seemed like an afterthought in a way.

03-26-14, 06:07 AM (EST)
39. "Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
Title:
We Found Our Zombies
Next time on Survivor one bitter feud has been building for days and can no longer be contained.

Teases:
* A shocking blindside leaves one castaway questioning their resolve to play the game.
* A camp raid leaves one tribe scrounging for supplies while another revels in comfort.

JP tweet:
I can tease up... a first! Twenty eight seasons in and still another Survivor first. Good enough?

Okay, it seems all the buzz is directed at the first few minutes of the episode where moments after arriving back at camp after tribal council, Lindsey and Trish heat up their bitter feud.

Lindsey then disappears from camp.

Then JP is called in...

Now, if she were to quit, as the appearance of JP would normally indicte was the case, then we wouldn't see any shots of her, but we still get this one...

Granted, this may not be from ep 5 and is ceratinly not at either challenge but may indeed indicate that JP ends up talking Lindsey into staying.
What I do know is that the challenges happen anyway, whether she is there or not, so we still have a bootee to search for.

RC:

Facing off one against one in a fenced off circle, a castaway from each tribe would hold a wooden idol on top of a platform that they would hold in one hand. They would use the other free hand to attempt to knock their opponent's idol off the platform. The castaway whose idol hit the ground last would score one point for their tribe. The first tribe to score five points would win a chance to raid the losing camp for supplies (and comfort).

Well, we can tell from the Press Image below that Aparri camp no longer has their comfort items and
I dare say are the losers of the RC and victims of the Camp Raid.

Onto the IC:

This challenge is split into multiple stages.
Stage 1: Castaways will race to a pit of pole-steps, carry 8 pole-steps to a platform that has specific holes for specific pole-steps. Once the pole-steps are placed in correct order the castaways will climb the steps and onto Bamboo structure.
Stage 2: Castaways will climb, jump and drop through a Bamboo Structure Maze and down a large bamboo ramp to their tribe mats.
Stage 3: Once all 5 castaways reach their mat they will weave and doge through a bamboo obstacle.
Stage 4: Using a machete to chop rope or something to release puzzle pieces from hammock/sling
Stage 5: Tribe collects pieces in basket and takes to puzzle
Stage 6: One person(?) assembles puzzle
Stage 7: One person enters combination and opens chest to release tribe flag?
Or something similar to the above described.
While we're only given scant images of the survivors during a challenge, we can infer that the physical prowess of the Solana tribe should allow them to be the victors of the IC.
However, our biggest clue comes from that same press image used before...

Pepe noticed that Morgan's shoes are caked with mud, Alexis has mud up and down her legs and mud splatters on Kass's legs and shoes shows that this is indeed AFTER the IC.
Aparri loses IC and must go to TC.

Survivors In Danger for Ep5:
Alexis ~ Jeremiah ~ Morgan ~ Sarah

For many of the same exact reasons cited last week.
Brains are still in the driver's seat. It will be up to them who is next to go.
Sarah's target is lessened because of the bootation of Cliff. She becomes even less dangerous if Lindsey quits. So the focus of the Brains should be a beauty.
Of the three beauties, each of them could be the bootee. Jeremiah and Alexis threw each other and Morgan under the bus. Focusing attention on both their enemies and themselves.
The interesting thing here is that the brains will only need 1 extra vote but will likely gain 2 when either Jeremiah or Morgan becomes the target.

My Vote:
Jeremiah

In addition to his negative trending storyline, it is evident that Jeremiah's family does not like Morgan and that is most likely due to him being voted out before her (and probably because of her).

03-26-14, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-14 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Sir SOTS! Nicely done Tribe

Yes, Aparri Brains do seem to have the upper hand and the Beauties, already shown falling apart are going to suffer for it. For the beauties not to be "Woo"-ing (couldn't help myself) Sarah they deserve what happens. Numbers people, numbers.

There would be no shocked Aparri at TC if Sarah went. SO, it would have to be one of the beauties. Since I don't like Jeremiah anyway I'll hope you nailed it.

Hugs to the pups Tribe, how's Cooper doing?

Just call me Woo Hoo

03-26-14, 03:11 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
Hugs to the pups Tribe, how's Cooper doing?

My sweet bear is doing great.
Walking like a pro, running like a maniac, jumping like a dummy.
I still attempt to insure he doesn't get himself into situations where his back might be compromised, but honestly just spending each day as if it were his last. Outings, special treats, belly-rubs galore. It what keeps the waddle in his step. And my heart full of joy.

03-26-14, 09:28 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
TRIBE! So happy to come here when I have been traveling this week with no time to figure it all out. You and Pepe come to the rescue and resurrect the ole SOTS. I love it! Cannot thank you enough! Here are a few questions that come to mind for me...

Regarding this picture of Lindsay:

If you look to the edges of the vidcap you can see that it still appears dark....So, question #1. Could this pic have been doctored to appear as though it's day time, yet actually it's night time? I don't know? There are multiple shots of her that appear in daytime, so most likely they were day time shots.

2. Does it even matter if Lindsay quits or not?

3. My third point is that I am still not convinced that Jeremiah is going. Sitting right smack in the middle of the press image is Alexis...

Seems like with the physical challenges that continue to come, that keeping one of their 2 men should be a priority. Alexis can still go this week so that Jeremiah may live to see another but still be able to be booted before Morgan. Food for thought.

Thanks Tribe!

03-26-14, 09:52 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-14 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

I agree about Jeremiah, FloPo - l doubt Aparri would want to be left with only one male when Solana still has three strong dudes.

I suspect the Brains will see Morgan and Alexis as interchangeable -- no need to keep them both, and each wants to be rid of the other one anyway. So I think one of those two will go. The Brains might not like how Alexis was trying to glom onto them, so you may be right that it's her.

ETA: Great SOTS, Tribe. Suzzee, the blindside seems to be referring to last week's TC and Lindsey' s meltdown.

03-26-14, 01:44 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
I'd make a good zombie, lol, thanks BR. But, isn't every week a blindside? One of them or some of us. ugh

I should be watched....closely.

03-26-14, 03:56 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
Certainly Jeff would like us to believe every week is a blindside.

03-26-14, 03:29 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Ep. 5 | SOTS | We Found Our Zombies"
I think the tribes are getting close enough to merge to already be considering removing muscle from the tribe. (Seeing Cliff gone will bolster those feelings.) I don't think that keeping strength will be a consideration for Nu-Aparri. They will be all about keeping alliances strong.
And while it can be stated that Alexis ruined her own game by volunteering herself as a fourth, she was the only one visibly making a deal with the brains.
Neither Morgan nor Sarah were even witnessed talking to any of the brains.
Why would the brains trade out a known outcome for one where 2 of their numbers aren't predictable?

Something else to consider. When plans are shown, it's usually Alexis that voices them, making her the defacto decision maker. It wasn't LJ's decision to boot Brice, even though we saw him voice dislike for him. It was Alexis.
With no one specifically aiming for Alexis, we will need to see the outcome of her scrambling in a positive light.
Morgans short-term story is tied into Jeremiah (long-term with LJ). And while Jeremiah was seen at least talking to the lady-brains, he wasn't really offering his assistance for anything other than getting rid of Morgan.

My thought is that the Press Image from above showcases the 2 "zombies" for the brains to use, leaving Jeremiah and Sarah as TC fodder.

03-26-14, 04:03 PM (EST)
47. "Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-14 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

FloPo, you refer in your vote post to something that seems like a source spoiler, but I don't see it posted elsewhere on the board. Was there a spoiler that Jeremiah's family is angry at Morgan? From whence? (And if they are, couldn't it be because of the way she treated him after the Brice Boot?)

03-26-14, 06:45 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
The source is actually a tweet from one of Jeremiahs cousins, basically calling Morgan a flabby breasted ##### and deserving of revenge.
I can't find the actual tweet, (or moreso, don't want to currently look for it) as it's buried in a surplus of crap at sucks.
It spoils nothing other than Jeremiah isn't afraid to let his cousin know he doesn't like Morgan (and probably blames his game finish on her).

Suggesting solely that Jeremiah goes before Morgan does.
It could be part and parcel with his turning on her during the Brice boot and her subsequent outing of his duality to the rest of the tribe, but methinks something else happens to solidify the hatred.

03-26-14, 09:25 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
BR: I was commenting on Tribe's post above:

In addition to his negative trending storyline, it is evident that Jeremiah's family does not like Morgan and that is most likely due to him being voted out before her (and probably because of her).

Noting if that was rationale, it could be in tact if Alexis went this week...

03-26-14, 10:09 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-14 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Which post above? And, tribe, we have a thread for sourced spoilers, however accurate or inaccurate they might be, started by yourself and linked in the opening post of this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8160.shtml

Why wasn't it posted in that thread? Traditionally spoilers posted on other boards are either reposted here, with credit, or a link is provided to the source.

03-27-14, 01:50 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
Sorry, totally my fault.
At the time it definitely did not seem to warrant a special mention.
Perhaps the advent of single tweets receiving their own posts would lend a validity to what should otherwise be unimportant.

And frankly, I am still getting used to this whole social media angle.
There are a fair amount of tweet-blurbs and I want a fair amount of them to disappear from my memory.

And now, reconstructing my path through sucks where those 'blips' were buried, seems a daunting task. it's over 200 pages of eye-bleaching madness. Give me some time and I'll try to get something together.

03-27-14, 11:16 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
Sorry if I seemed miffed. I just assumed it must be posted here somewhere and it was frustrating to not find it. No need to go looking for it now tribe.

03-28-14, 03:40 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Spoiler? (Don't read this if you don't want to know)"
I wish I had seen this hours ago.
I went in...to the dark territory...
I came out with some tid-bits to help get us on an even playing field...and a scroll-finger break and some brain hemorrhaging...
I plan to go in again, see if I can't find what it was I was actually seeking. (My preciousss.) But I to strive to make this place as user friendly as possible.

04-01-14, 06:53 PM (EST)
54. "Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Title:
Head of the Snake

Next time on Survivor a merge has two alliances fighting for power, but it's one tribe member who holds all the cards.

Teases:
* It’s every castaway for themselves, as two tribes become one in this season’s merge.
* One castaway’s thirst for power could (won't) earn them a spot on the jury.
* Jaws drop as the blindside streak continues.

JP hype:
One of the most enjoyable aspects of this season is it’s absolute unpredictability.
People who are in control on day one of an episode are often on the outs by day three, and if they survive tribal they can be back on top ten hours later.
The merge episode is fantastic. Huge moments.
The immunity challenge will have you on the edge of your seat.
Tribal... good luck figuring out who is going home.
The game is that unpredictable. This season is going to continue to be a fun ride.

RC:
Treemail reads:
You may want to tidy up camp a bit and make
some room. You'll be having guests from the
Solana tribe arriving shortly and some of them
might be staying here for the next 22 days.

Therefore... No RC. This is the merge episode.

Onto the Individual IC:

(Notice the wide stances)
Not much to go on so...
This challenge, speculatively, is a replay of the F8 challenge in Caramoan. (Andrea wins/Reynold is booted) and a major update to the F3 IC in Pearl Islands. (Lil wins/Jonny is booted.)

The castaways would stand barefoot on wooden slats on an a-frame that was floating out in the water and try to remain balanced on top of the a-frame. After 15 minutes, the castaways would move up to a second set of slats making balancing more difficult. After another 15 minutes, the castaways would move to the top of the a-frame where they would have to balance until the end of the challenge. The last castaway remaining on the a-frame would win immunity...
Regardless of how the challenge is actually played (or if the speculation is even remotely similar) the thing we're all looking for is this...

The Individual Immunity Necklace

TC Strategies:
Everyone is aware of the 6/5 split along tribal lines.

LJ: It's six against five and we could be in trouble.

So it now becomes Spencer's job to corral all of the Nu-Aparri together.

Spencer: When those five get here, it's us against them. And I'm not going to let anyone forget that.

And for Nu-Solana it's going to be about trying to find defectors.
Fortunately for them, Sarah has placed herself in the center of 2 camps of 5. The brains + beauties VS the brawns + beauties.

Sarah (camera confessional): There's a solid five, a solid five and me. I will decide the fate of this game.

We see Tony talking numbers with Sarah.

Tony (talking to Sarah): You come in with us, we'll make it happen.

We also see Trish making a deal with Kass.

and Kass confesses: "Maybe I want to switch allegiance."

and possibly some game talk between Trish and Sarah.

Do Kass and Sarah defect and vote for Jeremiah/Spencer. Or does just one of them defect?
Or do they stay with Nu-Aparri and vote for Tony? LJ?

All this leading to...

TC:

Before we get into whom is in real danger of being booted this week, let's take a gander or two at some of the Tribal Council Vid-Caps.

The Walk-in...

Leading us off and going from right to left;
Morgan leads. She has her bag with her.
Following her are Tasha, Kass, Sarah, Jefra and Trish. I see bags with all of them. (The guys must be behind Trish as there is no discernable shadow in front of Morgan.)

The ladies are sitting in the front row (just as they walked in) During TC...
(I took the various shots, aligned them, super-imposing the areas blocked by the lettering, merged 'em together, lightened the whole thing and enlarged it a smidge. Aside from being apparent some of my techniques could certainly be polished up a bit...)

IMO, Morgan is definitely in possession of the Immunity Necklace. (Why she brings her bag is beyond me.)

Behind the ladies we have (farthest right to left) Spencer ~ Tony ~ LJ ~ (is this an empty seat?) ~ Woo/Jeremiah?
(I can't tell. The ladies are definitely all there. I definitely see Spencer and Tony and am just reading the body size of the next castaway as an LJ versus a Woo or a Jeremiah. But I could be wrong.) PLUS, this could be during the vote which would explain an empty seat.

Survivors In Danger for Ep6:
For one, we can remove the power thirsty player from contention. Because of this, at this moment in the editing it looks like Tony and Trish are the power thirsty, they are therefore safe. They are the only two seen possibly striking a deal with members of the opposing 'alliance'. But because of this, both Sarah and Kass could be in some danger.

Jeremiah ~ Kass ~ LJ ~ Sarah ~ Spencer ~ Tony

Things ABSOLUTELY change for the merge episode.
Those whom were invaluable strengths before become prime targets now. No one wants to go up against a challenge whore.
No one wants to include the 'untrustworthy' either.
Plus, the age-old questions of 'will old alliance members reconnect' and 'who of all of them is likely to flip sides' are certain factors.

Tony: As stated earlier, the power thirsty will survive. So I'm removing Tony from danger. I truly believe he is the one JP is refering to when he said: People who are in control on day one of an episode are often on the outs by day three, and if they survive tribal they can be back on top ten hours later. He could survive tribal through the use of his idol, but I believe he will just rely on the switching of Sarah (and Kass).

Notice his 2 fingers. That's 2 votes in addition to the 5 of his left hand? (and are those 2 fingers representative of Jefra and LJ or Kass and Sarah?)

Kass: I'm also removing Kass just because the deal with Trish sounded dependant upon how she voted at the upcoming TC. They need her vote this round.

Spencer: Truthfully, he is the puzzle piece that kinda fits in everywhere. Dangerous in challenges, semi-apparent leader of the brains, least likely to switch alliances, would qualify as a blindside since the majority alliance would have to crumble for it to come true. HOWEVER. He has recently tweeted that he is aware of the Tyler Perry Idol and is upset that the rules for it's use were not fully explained. If nothing else, he lasts until the TPI is revealed. (IOW, Safe for Ep6.) Conversely, he could just be opinionated as a juror.

Sarah: A couple of things stick out as reasons for her to last through this TC. Allied with Tony, seen deal-making with Tony. Seen with Trish, possibly discussing deal. IOW, could easily fit right back into the brawns. Giving Nu-Solana an advantage.
However, her stance as the go-between is often the hint (along with the falling out of the hammock caps) that Sarah could be bounced out for floating. It has happened before. Does she stay with them? Does she go with us? Who can tell?

LJ: LJ is, without a doubt, not only a challenge threat but a social threat and indicative of someone who will be harder and harder to vote out the longer he stays.
So a target is already forming on him. BUT, he has an idol. (Although he has shown that he doesn't want to dump it if he gets a good read at TC.)
BUT. This is a blindside. It would be unexpected for him to go home with an idol in his pocket. Specially if he thought Tony was going to be the target. This would also require the tribes to stay in previous allegiances.

Jeremiah: Jeremiah was already targeted by Tony. Jeremiah seems to have had a burnt bridge between all of his previous allies, so he should absolutely stick with the brains. Sadly, the brains don't trust him either. Can he prove he's really on their side? Booting him would be a blindside only because it would require 1 or more of the Nu-Aparri to defect to Nu-Solana. Which is what we're being shown.

My Vote:

RC: Merge
IC: Morgan

While it could be Tony and it could be Spencer or even Sarah...
Bootee: A Beauty
Jeremiah (or LJ)

I strive to be right but am often wrong and if you have a different read, please join in.

04-01-14, 10:55 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-14 AT 00:01 AM (EST)

Stellar SOTS, tribe. There's definitely a bunch to chew on this week.

I don't think Sarah is in danger. For her to get voted out it would require at the simplest all 5 nu-Solanas persuading one nuAparri to flip in order to vote out...Sarah? What's the rationale? She's untrustworthy because she may want to flip? But the same is true of whomever they are trying to convince. Even less likely is that several people from each camp would end up conspiring to get Sarah out for untrustworthiness, when we can clearly see that nuSolana is trying to attract individuals to flip. There won't be blocs negotiating from each side.

I think Sarah is the "power-grabber" of the teasers, respective of her statements that she will control the game, and it will be made to seem that others are wary of her, but she won't be in trouble.

Here is what Jeff said about the TPI:
There's also going to be a special idol that will come into play later in the game. This is an idea that was actually texted to me after the last finale by Tyler Perry. Once we're merged and idols have been played a little bit, there will be another idol that comes into play, we'll call it the Tyler Perry Idol. It will be allowed to be used not only after they passed the votes but after I've read them. So it is a true get out of jail free card.

So it doesn't sound like the TPI will be introduced here. In fact he says it's after "idols have been played a little bit". Maybe one will be played this week?

04-02-14, 01:35 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
So it doesn't sound like the TPI will be introduced here. In fact he says it's after "idols have been played a little bit". Maybe one will be played this week?

With the title for next week I think that at least one of the idols gets played at the next TC.

04-02-14, 02:36 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
OUTSTANDING SOTS tribephyl!!

I think in the Tribal Council caps that the front row is as you stated the way the women marched in from Left to Right:

Trish, Jefra, Sarah, Kass, Tasha, Morgan

The back row from Left to Right I think is:

Jeremiah, LJ, Tony, Spencer and Woo

Here is the image changed to gray scale and adjusted Brightness, Contrast and Gamma

It looks like there might be a big blur over where I think Woo is sitting and that blur occludes most of Morgan's face as well.

I'm wondering if Woo won that balancing Immunity Challenge?

As a Martial Arts Instructor and Master in Taekwondo and Surfer Woo should be the favorite if that is indeed the challenge.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-14, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Great SOTS Tribe. Over at Sucks they have a Twitter "friends" of Lindsay list and it included all of the early boots except David (he does not have a Twitter account) and it also included Jeremiah, so if this is true, than that puts a big target on Jeremiah's back this week.

It surely looks as if that is indeed the Immunity Necklace Morgan is wearing. Is it logical to think that they may give one necklace to a female and one to a male? I too, thought Woo would be a likely winner of this challenge.

04-02-14, 12:06 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Scarlett O Hara, good point! I like that idea of possibly Woo and Morgan having won Immunity and they sat both of them on the far right so they can focus on the 9 others to the left that are at risk.

Corvis7 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-14, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis7 Click to send private message to Corvis7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Is there a precedent for having a man and a woman win immunity in a balancing challenge? I am trying to remember, but I can't think of any examples.

04-02-14, 01:24 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Not sure about strictly a balancing challenge, but there have been a number of times when the first post-merge challenge had his-and-hers immunity idols.

04-02-14, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis7 Click to send private message to Corvis7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
I remember that too, but I can't find the info on it! My feeling is they do an immunity challenge where a man and a woman win if it's unfair for men and women to compete against each other. Balancing to me is not one of those. But I can't find the examples to back up my memories!

04-02-14, 02:16 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Dawn and Ozzy both won immunity in South Pacific on a balance-type of challenge - they had to balance on a perch while holding coconuts between ropes.

04-02-14, 03:22 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
I found three instances...
Dawn and Ozzy in South Pacific. (Coconut & Rope balancing)
Denise and Carter in Philippines. (Weighted bucket on spooled rope)
Rob M and Kathy O in AllStars. (Holding breath and Underwater swimming)

04-02-14, 04:50 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Thanks all! That makes me feel better about the two immunity idea!

04-02-14, 12:42 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Great job, Tribe, Sheldor! EXCELLENT work. I am with you both, but leaning toward Jeremiah as well. You guys ROCK this site!

~FloPo

04-02-14, 04:01 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Ep. 6 | SOTS | Head of the Snake"
Ditto what FloPo said. Thanks for everyone's hard work this week! It's going to be a fun episode!

04-03-14, 01:35 PM (EST)
69. "Retrospect: Over thinking!"
Well, congrats to those of you that went with Sarah! Hats off! I think I was fooled mostly by the history of the merge boot being a stronger male and the Lindsay FB, tweeter friends. Sarah and Lindsay never got along, so why would they be friends?

Anyway, in retrospect, all of the clues spelled out the boot in a big way to me. Easy to see now!

Jiffy said that it would be a blindside. So we correctly concluded that it would be someone from the tribe with the majority.

Jiffy said that when one person is on top, it's amazing how fast they can go down, but then back up again. Sarah was down when she went to nuAparri, then she was UP, Queen and President, when they merged again. We heard the arrogant talk...There's a solid five, a solid five and me. I will decide the fate of this game.,

I know, we've got the numbers, you guys. We made the merge and we got the numbers.

I will decide the fate of this game.

Then, we had lots of vidcap evidence, the most impressive of all were these, imo...

Sarah falling flat on her a$$...why did they need to throw that in there?

Then, they showed us Kass and her doubts and Trish trying to "Woo" her. It was all there.

But, the thing we can't get too upset about is that the vidcaps and promos, and press sometimes work to misdirect us, and sometimes that are much more direct. It's hard to tell. This time, however, they were pretty direct.

As I've and many others have said in the past, may we always be a little bit wrong. Score one for EPMB. Well done to those of you who nailed it!

I have to say that Tony has won me over, hook, line and sinker! When he played his idol for his community, he gambled alot! And, then LJ did onto him, what Tony had done for him. I hope they make it all the way to the end, it would be AMAZING, and the way they are playing the game, they deserve it! FUN episode!

04-03-14, 04:19 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Retrospect: Over thinking!"
Yeah, it was a case of whether or not to take the previews and teasers at face value. In this instance, the answer was yes. But usually it's no. I had Sarah pegged as the power-grabber but I thought the boot would be a different person than the power-grabber. (Sarah didn't by any chance list Christy as her favorite player, did she?)

04-03-14, 04:22 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Retrospect: Over thinking!"
Heh... Sarah never shuts up, so wouldn't fit for her to pick a deaf person.

You had me curious, so I hied on over to the CBS site to see who she picked as a Survivor she's most like. Malcolm. I'd call that a FAIL.

04-03-14, 05:05 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Retrospect: Over thinking!"
I had a list by my computer all week with whom I thought could be possible merge boots. Sarah was on it. But I, like you FloPo, was looking for the big strong typical male merge boot and totally discounted her. I even thought, why is that hammock scene in there? We even talked about her being Dollied but Georgianna was the only one to see it. Good job G!

Tony is growing on me too. His enthusiasm is contagious - and great TV! Casting did a great job this season (and it helps when you cast fans of the show). I don't think we've had a boot yet who was a recruit. David - applied. Garrett - if he wasn't a fan, he certainly studied the game. J'Tia said she was a fan. Cliff applied. Lindsey - not sure but since she's from Indiana, she probably applied. Alexis - applied. Good casting makes a great season.

Chaos Kass will probably make this another difficult week to predict too!

04-03-14, 07:52 PM (EST)
74. "Early thoughts..."
Chaos Kass will probably make this another difficult week to predict too!

Good Gawd, I hope she DOES!!! Sure is nice to have to keep on our toes. For a while there it was a little too predictable! But, with the Kass hate being shown, between she and Morgan, I am sure the nuSolana is embracing her. It sure looks like it will be either Spencer or Jeremiah, as they are the only 2 males on the nuAparri side. But, let's not forget the ole Tyler Perry Idol....shall we take bets on who will find it? When they will find it? And, how they will yield it then play it?

I forget, did they say that Sarah was the first member of their jury or no? Just curious...

04-03-14, 09:24 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Early thoughts..."

>I forget, did they say that
>Sarah was the first member
>of their jury or no?
>Just curious...

Yes, Jiffy said "Seventh person voted out and first member of the jury" when he revealed the final tie-breaking vote at Tribal Council. (hat tip to dabo for verifying that over on the ECST)

04-03-14, 09:17 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Retrospect: Over thinking!"
Agree, agree, agree.
And whether Over thinking or Under estimating, It WAS all there.
Which of late; it sometimes is partially there and other times not there at all. (CT theories, Naked theories, 'could' means 'never', Pride before the fall, confessional jumps/falls before bootation, journey player, etc. etc.)
Seems as if each one has been used at least once. The editors are reaching into every one of their trick baskets.

Although, each time after an episode, the one thing I keep coming back to is... These are all newbies!

Newbies, oftentimes, will make the same mistakes done previously. Albeit in slight different ways.

The rule though, and something we should look out for in future seasons is, ANYONE whom claims to have 'ultimate power' will see their torch snuffed to prove that they don't.
Unless of course, it's a returnee.

And while I did ultimately pick Jeremiah for the boot, I didn't feel good about it. I ended up finding reverse puzzle-piece strategy to make him the boot. My heart said Sarah but both my gut and mind were torn between LJ and Tony.

The Jefra votes were out of NOWHERE though. Am I right?

04-04-14, 01:19 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Retrospect: Over thinking!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-14 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

Jefra was the typical person you vote for when you think the person or persons you really want gone might play an idol. They obviously had targeted Tony because they changed their plan once he said he had the idol. They must have decided earlier that Jefra would be plan B.

04-02-14, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling "
Great work everyone!! Tribe, Pepe and Sheldar - you are very impressive with your historical recollection/knowledge!! I think we have NAILED it this week with a male + female IC winner and a Jeremiah boot. Can't wait to watch!

04-03-14, 04:07 PM (EST)
70. "RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling "
Heh, shows you how much we knew...

04-03-14, 09:36 PM (EST)
77. "RE: S28 | State Of The Spoiling "
At least I got Woo winning the IC right but got fooled as to where Woo was sitting at TC. I was thinking that both idols would get played since Jeff had said the Tyler Perry idol would make its appearance after "idols" had been played so I thought either Jeremiah or Spencer would get idol'ed out; had NO clue that Kass was going to flip!

04-09-14, 05:24 PM (EST)
79. "Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt"
Ep7 Evidence
Title:
Mad Treasure Hunt

Next time on Survivor...It's a war of words for two Survivors. But it's nothing compared to the chaos of a hidden idol.

Teases:
* The entire tribe embarks on the craziest idol hunt in the history of the game.
* Also, one castaway showcases their ninja-like skills to sabotage another.

JP hype:
The fallout (from the last TC) is massive. This was a huge blindside that now has a lot of people wondering what does this mean for the game.
But the tease is the “search for the idol” that plays out... You think Tribal was wild? This is nuts. We’re on a roll and it’s not letting up!!

So leading into this week, it's apparent that the New Hidden Idol is the focus of the episode.

The teases contain small nods to 'sabotaging another with ninja-like skills' and a 'war of words between two castaways' which leads me to believe... we're going to see a predictable boot episode but hey! Look over there! It's a Mad Treasure Hunt!

Alas...we continue...

RC:
Run in teams...

It's Team Purple: Trish, Kass, Tasha, Woo and Tony
Vs.
Team Orange: LJ, Jeremiah, Jefra, Spencer and Morgan

The tribes start of on a raft in the ocean.

They race to, up and over a rope-net seesaw.

Then they all try to run a guantlet of floating obstacles.

When they reach the beach, the teams will untie knots holding a chest in place.
Once the knots are undone the teams will carry their chests to a puzzle solving area.

While the puzzle-area is logical, there are no caps describing the "final phase"
As stated elsewhere, there is not enough concrete evidence to call an official winner of the RC. However, with the prospect of receiving a clue to the TPI as a reward, (and the on-paper challenge prowess) it seems as if the Orange Team has this one in the bag.

And because the reward for team Orange probably includes a clue to the location of the Tyler Perry Idol...
(For those unaware, it is a special hidden idol that allows for it to be played AFTER the vote is read at TC.)

...The great but Mad Teasure Hunt is under way!

In the caps provided we see Spencer...

LJ...

and Jeremiah...

...looking for the TPI (Needle in a Haystack).
Included in the search are Tony...

and Tasha looking low AND high...

Along with that we see Woo rushing around and by perhaps using his ninja-like skills, somehow sabotages the search for the idol with this little thing...

Wha? What happened to the ripped-up clue-like message?
Pretty ninja-like, huh?

The reason we see some of the purple team participating in the search is most likely because the clue was shared. Spencer shares with Tasha. LJ shares with Tony.
We also DO NOT see Morgan, Jefra, Trish or Kass looking for the TPI. So, for sure, NONE of them find it.
The initial clue obviusly states something to the effect of finding the idol hidden under/within roots, as everyone who is looking for the idol is looking in a similar appearing combination of under/within roots.
As noted by Flowerpower... Of all of the above locations the one with Tasha looking high...

appears to be the most 'iconic' of an actual hiding place for production.

Now that the idol has been found, it is stated that there is only one other way to keep safe...

Onto the Individual IC:
Endurance Challenge #2
This challenge is called "Keep on Your Toes" In this challenge, each player is going to have a block of wood. They're going to place it on their head and stand inside a wooden frame. We have made these wooden frames with a mathematical equation of their height, plus the length of the wood, plus one fifth of the size of their foot. So this will force them to stand on their toes. As long as their standing on their toes and keeping pressure on the block, they're in the game. Last person standing wins Immunity.

KASS

There is a case to be fought for Morgan, Jefra, Woo, LJ or Trish winning this challenge.
Whether their backgrounds in yoga, martial arts, athletic pageantry or general zen-ness.
But personally, I'm going to give the edge to Woo...
(As his final act of ninja-like sabotage)

(Also because I believe that Woo will make himself a target due to his current IIC winning streak.)

TC Strategies:
With the idol found and the immunity necklace given away it comes time to discuss the potential targets.
What better time to embroil yourselves in a war of words, right?
Currently, #ChaosKass is sick of Morgan. Her disdain for the pouty and petulant pin-up is seemingly a shared thought in the general population too. Tony, Kass, LJ and Woo by proxy all involve themselves in trying to get Morgan to get water for the tribe.
After bearing the bird and mumbling some blurrables, Morgan goes off to get water.
Doesn't she look happy?

All this leading to...

Survivors In Danger for Ep7:

Regardless of how they've split since the last TC, the targets remain on the Nu-Aparri.

Jeremiah ~ Kass ~ Morgan ~ Spencer ~ Tasha

Jeremiah: This guy is like a slow growing fungus. In need of being removed, but constantly getting passed over for larger targets. This could FINALLY be his week to go. Also of note...he's been sending out lots of foreign slautations via twitter recently. Raised social networking is often an indication of coming bootation.

Kass: Immediately removing Kass from the list merely by being the mutineer. Nu-Solana will need to keep Kass close for at least 1 more boot. Also, she isn't dumb enough to go back to Nu-Aparri and cause a tie. "Bag of Tricks" is her chance to swap back.

Spencer: Recalling the recent tweet of his regarding the Tyler Perry Idol any time is a good time for Spencer to go. He's part of the minority, he's one of two stronger males. He has a chip on his shoulder.

Morgan: Where she was off the radar last week, she becomes target #1 this week. The vote this week will depend on which way Kass will be leaning. And while both Spencer and Jeremiah will be on Nu-Solana's list, it will be Morgan that get's them all back in the same boat.

Tasha: Also removing Tasha from the list as she is the strongest lead for finding the TPI.

My Vote:

RC: Orange Team
TPI: Tasha

IC: Woo

Bootee: A Beauty (or A Brain)
Morgan (or Jeremiah or Spencer)

I strive to be right but am often wrong and if you have a different read, please join in.

04-09-14, 06:23 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt"
You rock Tribe! Great SOTS. Thanks for holding this place together and doing the SOTS week-after-week!

I'm torn between Morgan and Jeremiah going home but I hope its Morgan!

04-09-14, 07:49 PM (EST)
81. "RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt"
Ah Tribester, you could convince me that the sky was green. Nice SOTS my friend. Bring on the mayhem.

Just call me Woo Hoo

04-09-14, 08:15 PM (EST)
82. "RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt"
From certain angles the sky IS green...

Or at least Teal.

04-09-14, 09:09 PM (EST)
83. "RE: Ep. 7 | SOTS | Mad Treasure Hunt"
Tribe: Thanks so much for doing these, and I am SOOOOO glad that you were 100% RIGHT!

Way to go! I bailed on Morgan at the eleventh hour....fail!

Well, one thing I am going with for next week....a BRAIN!

04-16-14, 01:26 AM (EST)
84. "Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
Ep8 Evidence
Title:
Bag of Tricks

Next time on Survivor...with only 9 left, paranoia is at an all-time high and it's turning allies into enemies.

Teases:
* One castaway’s paranoia could lead to a game-changing flip. (Tony)
* A grade-school memory challenge looks more like a college exam for several exhausted castaways. (IC)

JP hype:
In a season that has already flipped quite a few times — the game gets even more wicked. The message after the next tribal is — no, really… you can't trust anybody!

So from these alone; Looks like Tony has the bag of tricks and while playing paranoid he ends up turning allies into enemies. But of who? Him? Nope.

RC:
Team challenge run in threes.
Team Orange: LJ (going first), Jefra and Trish.
Team Purple: Tasha (going first), Kass and Woo.
Team Teal: Jeremiah (going first), Spencer and Tony.

Not a whole lot to go on other than the challenge first begins with some sort of ball (I think, connected to a large, possibly heavy square), attached to a rope toss that leads into some sort of possible crate movement and ending with a probable puzzle element.

Figuring out the RC win, for me, depended upon the apparent Tony/Woo drama. Also that Tony has a lot of time at camp to do work and make deals. PLUS how it relates to Trish and LJ's reaction to Tony's game play.

The images of Tony and Woo fist-bumping is a sign to me that Tony has just sold someone to the executioner.
The sudden urgency in both LJ and Trish's confessionals regarding Tony's sudden change in strategy, makes me believe they were away from camp for awhile.

Tony's deals often begin with "I heard so-n-so is talking smack about you." apparently this time to lead Woo into the belief that perhaps LJ is targetting Woo.
Tony could end by pitting Woo Vs LJ. Telling Spencer that it's LJ, telling Trish and LJ that its Woo.

However... there are some other viewpoints to mull over of which I'll get to further down.

Onto the Individual IC:
College-Level Color-Block Challenge: Memory Challenge for Immunity
Survivor Order (L to R):
Jefra ~ LJ ~ Tasha ~ Woo ~ Kass ~ Trish ~ Spencer ~ Tony ~ Jeremiah

JP will reveal, an increasing number, of color blocks.
The survivors will search through their slanted shelf/drawer for the appropriate color and place it in the tall frame on top of the table. Letting it slide down to rest on a wood block and peg.
Once a round is decided, the losers will sit out on the "should've been painted Teal" bench.

The remaining survivors will pull a wood block and peg and the blocks will fall into their slanted shelf/drawer for the next rounds picks.

IMO... This challenge belongs to L.J.
No wait.
This depends solely on LJ's vulnerability during this episode.
See, I am/was/have been on the fence about LJ.
His gameplay is top notch. I would love to see him pull out a win. I am a huge fan.
His natural blending of the social/strategic/physical disciplines of the game bespeaks of a player who could do it.
However, his edit lacks the 'important to the story' edge that is warranted for a winner.
Under normal circumstances, I think he should be in great danger this week.
I perceive it from the promos and from Tony's behavior in the edit.
So I sit waiting nervous and excited to see LJ make a successful counter move this week. Winning the necklace might just be the ticket.
Anyways...
TC Strategies:
Kass and Trish. Are they loyal to each other?

How about Tony and Trish?

JiffyPop: You can't play this game without getting a little dirty...

Tony: I kind of set him up but I don't care...

LJ: Tony wants to get rid of Woo now.

Trish: Oh my God, Tony is totally freaking out.

JiffyPop: Paranoia is at an all-time high and it's turning allies into enemies. When do you get to the point and say 'I got some threats in my alliance'?

(Tony's Paranoia.)
Tony: I gotta strike now.

Tony: We're gonna start killing each other

(Someone is (or someones are) Flipping.)
JiffyPop: This is the time to make a move...

Tasha: I need to convince someone to flip...

(Is it LJ? Or is it Tony that could indeed be the person she get's to flip.)

LJ: We have plenty of votes

Intoto: It makes even more sense that Tony is getting paranoid, he just received some votes at TC. He needs to find a way to keep him out of the crosshairs for future TCs.
Therefore, Tony is setting the stage for things to blow up in his own tribe. Scattering the targets. Does it play out or Does he outplay himself? Perhaps the true re-alignment happens between LJ, Jefra, Trish... and Tasha?

Survivors In Danger for Ep8:

Jeremiah ~ Kass ~ LJ ~ Spencer ~ Tony ~ Woo

Jeremiah: What he has going for him is he's still UTR within the mayhem of the tribe dynamics. But once some of the bigger targets get removed he'll come into focus. However, it the NuAparri stick together and are afraid of Spencer having the HI then Jeremiah gets booted.

Kass: For a truly ironic tale of not trusting anyone, the most untrustworthy person out there decides, a little too late, to trust in her alliance. She is booted despite all the focus on the bigger physical targets. One further...Sources indicate the end game is riddled with great male gameplay. No better moment to rid the game of another female, to solidify a 'men do great post-merge' that has been alluded to. Plus, she's got a brain torch.

LJ: The ONLY reason I've crossed him out is because I still believe he has the chance to make finals... but perhaps needs a bit of a spit-shine to his winner's edit. The latest promo really tried hard to paint a target onto LJ. And truly, if ever a time to boot a strong social/physical/mental player it would be now. As JP noted regarding making a move..."It will happen. The question is, when?." So for this episode Tony could be targetting his biggest opponent, by using his 2nd biggest target to get the ball rolling. But does it play out this episode? Or next? Or does LJ survive it all by playing a bit more winner-y.

Spencer: Starting point: Spencer is, by far, the biggest target on a quickly dwindling minority alliance. Interesting to note that Spencer can be seen in the shots where Tony is saying... "We're gonna start killing each other." Another really bad thing looming: He is a brain (if it were a true F8 torch picture). And according to the F5 torch picture the odds are not in his favor. Add to that his TPI 'possible misunderstanding/misreading of rules' + the even more recent switching Twitter to Private. Could = press tour close down. Speculation on my part but interesting to note.

Tony: While the possibility still remains that he could be back-stabbed for being so paranoid *crosses fingers*, the title for the next episode is "Sitting in my Spy Shack" and if ever this fell out of anybody but Tony's mouth...well, I dunno. To me, it means Tony makes it through to the next episode.

Woo: Tony has told both Trish and LJ that he wants to target Woo. So unless that's a cover story, Woo will receive votes at TC. Possibly the majority. Sadly, for Woo, he doesn't seem to want to branch out, like both Tony and LJ are seen doing. (And Trish, Kass have already done.)

My Vote:
Honestly, this week's prediction is really difficult.

RC: Jefra, LJ and Trish

IC: LJ *because if anyone really needs a pretty necklace this week, it's LJ*

Bootee: A Brain (Or a Brawn)
Spencer or Kass (or Woo)

04-16-14, 08:37 AM (EST)
85. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
Great SOTS Tribe!! I am in total agreement! I think it is logical to pick LJ ~ Trish ~ Jefra to win the Reward challenge. John Kirhoffer shows us the challenge here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoMlXOB_9mU

(Courtesy of Sheldor)

LJ can do the throwing and the girls can put their little fingers in the cage to get the bags out more quickly.

IC: It's a toss up, but if any one needs immunity this week, I'll agree with you ... it's LJ

I also agree that it is one of Kass ~ Woo ~ Spencer ~ Jeremiah who gets booted this week. Jeremiah has been too much under the radar, so I'll take his name off of the list. Spencer does have the HII, so ... I'll take his name off of the list. With Tony wanting Woo out and us hearing the words "I set him up," I'm going with a Woo boot this week. Jiffy also reinforces the fact that it will be someone in the majority alliance. So, I'm thinking it will be Woo.

Great job, as always Tribe!

04-16-14, 02:35 PM (EST)
86. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"

Great job, Tribe! I agree, I had it down to Woo, Kass, and Spencer. But, thanks to finding out the title of next week, I am going with Woo. Usually what Tony wants, Tony gets. I think that Spencer and Kass are both in deep, fwiw. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tasha throw in the towel and join up with "the others"...fwiw.

Thanks for all you do!

04-16-14, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
87. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-14 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

Great job, Tribe,
I uised to enjoy doing one of these per season but even one is a lot of work so thanks for keeping the tradition.

In the comments to my blog on RHAP, some bozo talked about a bootlist that has appeared in Sucks. Do you know anything about that?

04-16-14, 06:01 PM (EST)
88. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
From what I can tell, it's all fan fiction. There still isn't much spoiler info out there.

People have been trying to read into things by twitter behavior but that hasn't even been totally reliable. Everyone thought Jeremiah would go premerge because one of the premerge group, I forget who, only followed fellow premerge Survivors and Jeremiah. Sucks people are now calling him Jeremiah Cha!

04-16-14, 10:30 PM (EST)
90. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
Thank you for the information.

Can you believe this guy made his first post ever and it went something like: What do you think about so and so going next like a thread on Sucks says?

Jeremiah Cha! Now that's a good one, but Christina got herself to 4th place. Not bad for someone that never got into an alliance. Jeremiah has ways to go to be as good as her and he had alliances!

04-17-14, 03:56 PM (EST)
97. "RE: Ep. 8 | SOTS | Bag of Tricks"
There are trolls everywhere!!

I think they started calling him that because they kept on thinking he was going to be the bootee just like we thought about Christina, and he keeps on surviving tribal council!

04-16-14, 10:09 PM (EST)
89. "Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
I figured that Tony would try to pit LJ versus Woo.
I even figured that Tony would be saying LJ to some people and Woo to others.

Wrong on all major points, though.
RC won by Tony, Spencer and Jeremiah.
IC won by Tasha.
Jeremiah and Spencer were targets but LJ got booted.

I didn't figure LJ was bad enough to not count votes AND to lose this IC. *I'm sad*

04-16-14, 10:36 PM (EST)
91. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-14 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

Tribe, we could have west coasters coming here at this time to read the SOTS before the show starts. If they are scrolling, they could miss the "Hindsight" title

RachelOH1 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-14, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RachelOH1 Click to send private message to RachelOH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
It's okay! If they are coming here that late...they should expect to see the REAL spoilers.

04-16-14, 11:57 PM (EST)
93. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
Tribe *is* a west-coaster, so if he doesn't care, why should we?

04-17-14, 00:25 AM (EST)
94. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
Not so strangely, I completely agree with you.

I AM a west coaster. Granted, I'm an advanced and waiting with bated breath every simple DAW count by everyone before I watch myself, west coaster.
However, I also figure, besides me, puffy, moley and fooner, there aren't any Lefties here and only moley watches Survivor with any fervor. And he don't spend time here on show day, normally.
From here we travel to OFG and Spot... both no longer hanging out.

?? To be checked on the rules by an eastern canadian, though... I may have to take my gloves off...and butter you up.

Poutine?

04-17-14, 07:08 AM (EST)
95. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"

Well, after watching the show last night, I have to say I never considered LJ to be so dumb....then, even when Tasha wanted to go talk to him and he didn't....stoooopid. Never discount anyone as a number, imo. After watching his complacent, never doubting self walk the walk, I can see why he received the edit he did. Tony is all over the place, why wouldn't anyone question him? Trish did, but I don't think she said anything to LJ?

Kudos to michel for calling it a long time ago. It's just that I thought up to last night LJ was indeed playing a perfect game. When he ignored Tasha I felt like that was the beginning of the end. And, kudos to Tony! He is way ahead of the rest of them, but I fear that he is playing too hard, he needs to do some major damage control, but I fear that his paranoia will run rampant now.

Spencer and Jeremiah are the luckiest 2 Survivors ever!

You know, I realized after the second promo that LJ was in trouble. But, I went back to the F5 torch shots. Seeing 2 beauty torches, 2 brawn, and 1 brain, I couldn't imagine that 1 of the 2 beauty's left in the game would be Jeremiah, and that he would make the F5. That is most likely the sole reason I went with Woo as boot. Then seeing the name of the title for next week confirmed that Tony was still there.

Great season! I love that I was SO wrong!

04-17-14, 06:29 PM (EST)
98. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
It may surprise you but this Quebecois has never eaten a poutine!

I was just about to comment on your hindsight post then realized it was a little early. It used to be everything in the ECST until midnight but you guys are right: Everyone should know to be careful around here.
Sorry if I "russelled" any feathers.

04-17-14, 10:33 PM (EST)
100. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
I don't think you "ruffled" any feathers (I refuse to reference "it").

04-17-14, 11:10 PM (EST)
102. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
Heehee BR, that "russelled feathers" was in reference to last season when BB winner Hayden Moss (at the time boyfriend of Kat from One World) was trying to make a point at tribal and he said russelled feathers instead of ruffled feathers!

Russell Who?

04-17-14, 11:38 PM (EST)
103. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-14 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

Oh. I don't know. I was vaguely remembering an unwanted earlier presence on my TV. Who maybe appeared on Survivor several times.

04-18-14, 02:16 AM (EST)
104. "RE: Ep. 8 | Hindsight"
Are you saying that Hayden and Kat aren't together anymore? Is it because she didn't make the merge?

04-17-14, 03:54 PM (EST)
96. "Hindsight is 20-20"
I remembering listening to a podcast with Sarah and she listed LJ as one of her good friends from the season. I thought that that was odd since they only spent 3 days together. I should have remembered that slip when LJ was in trouble in the sneak peak but I totally forgot about it.

The bootees have not been as careful this season in their interviews. Something to keep in mind.

04-17-14, 07:11 PM (EST)
99. "RE: Hindsight is 20-20"
Sarah also said she had NO idea Trish was responsible for so much until she watched the episodes. I think Morgan also mentioned she underestimated Trish and was surprised by what she saw on TV. That doesn't bode well for Trish getting their votes if she makes it to the Finale.

04-17-14, 10:47 PM (EST)
101. "Part 2 SOTS Thread?"
Hey tribe, I hope you know I am a huge fan of your tribeness in every respect, and that I think you've consistently done a spectacular job of pulling things together in this SOTS thread every week before and after each episode.

So...I was just thinking that the thread is getting kinda long and maybe we could do with a fresh thread coming up with this Ep? Not to make waves, but...

Respectfully,
Brownroach

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •