The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S28 Jeff Probst says..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-14, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S28 Jeff Probst says..."
The guy, EPJP, is known to tout his own show. Sometimes in various ways. Let's keep a tally of his blurbs for S28, shall we?

For instance and for something 'seasonal' to begin...
EW had a brief interview with (got some quotes from) him and ...

The theme is...
“the different qualities that people bring to Survivor. Not saying these necessarily are the only three, but these are three very distinct type of people.”

The MOST intriguing part of that is...
“It’s really interesting how that label either works or doesn’t for each individual,”...“And what happens to the group dynamic. The brawn tribe is more aggressive. And they’re more sports-like. And they end up using euphemisms for things like, "Listen, we’re gonna give it our best shot today!” And the brains tribe has this enormous pressure out of the gate that “If there is a puzzle, we have to win. And if we don’t win, we’re the losers because we’re supposed to be the smart ones.” And it was really interesting to watch the beautiful people talk about their beauty and how charm gets them through life, and watch it play out in alliances.”

Hmmm... I hate to read into JPs teases but there are some "over-all" thematics to be taken away from these blurbs.

The "theme" of B vs B vs B will come down to those whom encompass all of the "mediums". And that Brawn will "Outplay" themselves, Brains will "Outwit" themselves and Beauty may indeed "Outlast".

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain tribephyl 02-08-14 1
   RE: Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain michel2 02-10-14 2
       RE: Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain tribephyl 02-11-14 3
 JP's Cast assessments... tribephyl 02-13-14 4
 Beware the Tyler Perry Idol! tribephyl 02-15-14 5
   RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol! Brownroach 02-20-14 7
       RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol! Estee 02-22-14 13
           RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol! PepeLePew13 02-22-14 14
               RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol! Estee 02-22-14 15
 Why JP hates that we hate RI... tribephyl 02-19-14 6
   Why JP should hates RI...and the F3 michel2 02-20-14 8
       RE: Why JP should hates RI...and th... tribephyl 02-20-14 9
           RE: Why JP should hates RI...and th... Brownroach 02-21-14 11
 Jeff Probst says...on a Hot Streak ... tribephyl 02-20-14 10
   RE: Jeff Probst says...on a Hot Str... Brownroach 02-22-14 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-08-14, 03:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain"
So if I look at it myself, brawn I think would be a joke. Beauty would be a joke too.

hehe

michel2 4529 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-10-14, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain"
Judging by their casting, SeeBS would have put Pretty Boy Probst on the Beauty Tribe. They didn't cast him as the Star of their new "Intelligence" show but as an half-naked swinging neighbour on 2 1/2 men.

02-11-14, 00:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Jeff Probst thinks he's a Brain"
And for a man who can't see his own most basic trait... makes his insights into other people even more suspect.

He's admitted he can't pick winners, let alone the cast members it takes to find a winner. Why would we trust him to give an accurate appraisal of his "best" quality?

However, he does admit later on in that article that his social skills are highly honed and basically, that is what the "Beauty" tribe is. A bunch of socially saavy.
Yet he still maintains that the brains are strategic thinkers and that's what he identifies with most.
Hmmmm.... suspect!

Beyond all of the inner workings of JP's psyche...
I have to say that this season will not come down to which is better; Brawns, Brains or Beauty?
But moreso, the survivor who wins will encompass bits of each; social, strategic and physical.

Labels. Only good for clothes and containers of food. Oh and siggies!

02-13-14, 02:18 AM (EST)
4. "JP's Cast assessments..."
Aparri/Brawn

Cliff Robinson. Big basketball player.
The big question for Cliff is how many people will recognize him.

Cliff: Even though I'm 6'10" I'm still trying to fly under the radar.

On the down-side there's a major league baseball president out here. Who I'm certain knows who Cliff Robinson is.

David: Uncle Cliffy is his nick-name.

Going in, what he's probably hoping is... 'I'm gonna admit that I play some sports but I'm gonna try to avoid saying I played in the NBA.' Because people equate the NBA with cash.

Sarah's a favorite. I think the audience is gonna love her.

Sarah: Cops have never done well on this and I've never understood why. I'm a different kind of cop.

She seems to be really good with people and knowing when I need to get physical and trust me, if I do, I'll take you down. And one I can say can go without the cuffs. You're all right.

Interesting thing about Tony, who is a cop, Sarah said before she ever heard him speak

Sarah: He seems like that jerk cop that I was just talking about.

Tony: I'm gonna bring everything but... Honesty, Honor, Integrity, Loyalty.

I like Tony but I don't think Tony can win this game. Because I don't think Tony's gonna be able to relate to people in the way they need to be related to.

Lindsey is somebody that I really like. And she wants you to notice her otherwise she wouldn't dress the way the way she does.

Lindsey: I own a very edgy salon.

She takes a lot of pride in the fact that as a hairdresser, I'm creating a look like this for somebody else. If she can find that quality in the game, I think she's really likeable, and I think she's really scrappy.

Woo is instantly likeable. Because he's just so open.

Woo: I can accomplish anything when I put my mind to it and that goes for this game and claiming the next Sole Survivor.

I can't figure out if that's all there is to Woo is what you see or if there's a lot more going on that he hasn't shown. Woo could be Fabio. He could be a new version of the young kid who ends up in the end and you go, HUH?

I really like Trish, she'll tell you her story it's not been an easy one.

Trish: You know, we don't have the stuff that you can buy. But the three of us have everything that money can't buy.

But she's taught her kids never give up on your dreams.

Trish: Cause when your dreams die, your soul dies.

Trish's story is going to be relatable to a lot of people. And if Trish can outlast the I'm the old person syndrome, she has a real shot.

Luzon/Brain

David Sampson is the president of a major league baseball team, the Miami Marlins. This guy makes decisions that are sometimes involving probably hundreds of millions of dollars.

David: I'm viewing this 39 days as a full baseball season. I have to be very careful what I do in the beginning because they say you can't win the pennant in April but you certainly can lose it.

The thing going against David is the other 17 people probably don't live the world you live and they're not gonna come play your game. You're gonna have to go play theirs.

J'Tia is a big question mark for me. I get many different women when I talk to her.

J'Tia: My strategy is to be very very relatable. I know I'm gonna be complainin'. I be like, It's hot, I'm tired. Shut up. Leave me alone. I'm really looking forward to building the shelter cause I already drew it out ; We're gonna have 2 poles that connect and have a teepee laying on it. So it's gonna be good. It's not gonna be fancy but it's gonna be sturdy as hell.

My question for J'Tia going into this game is... Who are you, really?

Man, I love Garrett. Cause Garret is probably the brightest guy out here. Big time poker player, he's clearly the most physically fit.

Garrett: And the fact that I've dedicated my entire life for the last 6 months, over 2000 hours, to mastering survivor strategy.

And yet, his chances for winning survivor aren't that great. He doesn't see that people see through the bravado and it's not that people don't appreciate how hard he works in life. It's that it's gonna come across as disingenuous.

Kass is another question mark for me. I don't think Kass knows who she's gonna be in this game and we're getting dangerously close to starting so she needs to figure it out.

Kass: I was gonna be a mom villain. I like to cheat at things and win a lot.

If Kass comes out and tries to be the clever one or tries to be the villain, it's not gonna work.

Spencer has zero chance of winning this game. He's waiting to be blindsided. He's so unaware of how he comes across. He's young, arrogant, thinks he's the smartest guy to ever walk the face of the planet.

Spencer: I've always said I wanna play this game with idiots and you guys seem to have provided me with many an idiot.

Spencer needs to spend less time thinking about how right he is and spend more time trying to understand why the other guy doesn't think he's right.

Latasha is someone I liked the second we met her in casting. She came in with this bright energy. A big asset, I think, for Latasha, you don't know how old she is. She's almost 40. And she can play as though she's 22.

Latasha: I'm able to change my colors whenever I want to to fit whatever the situation is.

The question with Latasha is, can she integrate into a group and make it stick.

Solana/Beauty

Brice is an early favorite. I dunno if he can win the game, I don't know if he can last long enough but I like Brice because he knows who he is.

Brice: From the looks that the cast made, somebody needs to make them laugh. They look like they need a little Brice in their life. So how bout dat.

Brice doesn't care. This is me. I'm gonna look good I'm gonna have fun. Brice is a great representative on the beauty tribe because he shows you, it's not just on the outside, it's on the inside.

Alexis is somebody I'm gonna root for to do better than I think she will. I think Alexis is gonna have a hard time getting to the end because I think she might get outplayed by somebody with more life experience. For her I would want to align with some guys.

Alexis: If guys keep you around just cause you get them a little excited, then why not.

I love Jeremiah.

Jeremiah: I'm from *mouthfull of backwoods* North Carolina. My father raised me and my brother to hunt and fish.

And one day somebody says I'll pay you a lot more money doing this if you just come sit on this tractor for me.

Jeremiah: I been a model for probably going on...8 years now.

Is he JT, he can get it done and he can charm the women but he's not afraid to get dirty and he's not gonna rely on his looks or is there any part of Jeremiah that is segued into I'm a good lookin' dude. And that matters.

Morgan is probably the biggest fish out of water out here.

Morgan: I'm a flirt. I mean, I have to be.

She gets what she wants because of how she looks and how she conducts herself. Out here, no one cares. What you need on survivor is a lot more than pretty hair.

LJ is a favorite for me. I think LJ knows that he is good looking, that he's strong and that he's good with people and I think he's aware of how people see him.

LJ: I don't think initially people see me as the smart guy.

The perception of me is gonna be this, so how do I play to it.

LJ: That's why I got to really dummy down. And then I have to just outsmart the smartest kids at the end.

Of all the young girls, Jefra has the best shot at winning this game. She's attractive. She's got this great spark of life that you just want to hug but she's been through some stuff. She's had some family drama she's had to withstand and she's also been a girl out in the outdoors, in the wildernes. She hunts, she fishes.

Jefra: I don't feel like I necessarily have to have the guys to survive out here. I'm very independant. I'm not scared to get down and dirty.

So if Jefra can make the right alliance. At the end she might be able to surprise them.

02-15-14, 05:09 AM (EST)
5. "Beware the Tyler Perry Idol!"
Announcer: For it's 28th season, Survivor is back in the Philippines with the castaways competing against each other on 3 separate tribes, split up according to athleticism, attractiveness and intelligence.

Jeff Probst: One of the interesting things when you start trying to categorize people is that it's very rare that you find somebody that you would only put in one category. You're only beautiful and you have no brain or no strength. Everybody has elements of each.

Announcer: The twists and the mind games kick off right from the show open.

Probst: One of the elements for the marooning is to try to get inside their head by the way we brought them in. Brawn tribe was brought in on an old truck that was uncomfortable. Then the beautiful tribe was given this great boat. You have the women in front with their hat on and sunning themselves. They come in like they are the chosen models from the latest photo shoot. Then you have the Brains. They get the coolest ride of all, the chopper. Our thought process was, the Brawn tribe can handle the truck. The Beautiful tribe, of course they should be out on the water in a beautiful ski boat. And the smartest tribe figured out there's a chopper. This is the easiest way to get in. This season, after we set up Brains, Beauty and Brawn, we went right into it and said, each tribe is going to select a leader. So each tribe will pick a leader. The moment they pick a leader, the leader will then pick the weakest. And now we have a game. We have somebody on the top, we have somebody on the bottom. The tribe didn't put them on the bottom. One person put them on the bottom. The three weakest are then sent back to camp in a helicopter, so they get a very fast ride. They don't have to hike, they don't have to do anything. When they get there, they find out that they have a decision to make. They can either chose to help themselves and take a clue to a hidden immunity idol or they can chose a second bag of rice for the tribe, which would make you a hero. Double the amount of food is a huge advantage.

Announcer: But as in recent seasons, hidden immunity idols will play a role throughout the game.

Probst: Regular idols will be played this season and the clues will be delivered in the rewards. There's also going to be a special idol that will come into play later in the game. This is an idea that was actually texted to me after the last finale by Tyler Perry. Once we're merged and idols have been played a little bit, there will be another idol that comes into play, we'll call it the Tyler Perry Idol. It will be allowed to be used not only after they passed the votes but after I've read them. So it is a true get out of jail free card. Massive power, can shift the game dramatically. I'm super excited because we have so many memorable and in a lot of cases, likeable people. People that I think the audience will actually root for and not just root against.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-14, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol!"
There's also going to be a special idol that will come into play later in the game. This is an idea that was actually texted to me after the last finale by Tyler Perry...there will be another idol that comes into play, we'll call it the Tyler Perry Idol. It will be allowed to be used not only after they passed the votes but after I've read them. So it is a true get out of jail free card.

So in all these years it never once occurred to Probst or anyone else in production to do this? They needed a text from Tyler Perry?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-14, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol!"
So Tyler Perry had an idea. Only it was an idea someone else had come up with before he ever did, but it had been long enough that he pretended it was his idea all along. Which didn't keep it from being a stupid idea, one which had never worked out in the first place, but because it was now a Tyler Perry idea, they trotted it out knowing people would show up to see it no matter how stupid it was.

Sounds about right.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-14, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-14 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

If I knew who the hell is Tyler Perry, then I might know whether it's worth showing up to see if it's stupid or not.

*looks at Wiki*

Still don't know who the hell is Tyler Perry.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-14, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Beware the Tyler Perry Idol!"
Lucky.

02-19-14, 06:00 PM (EST)
6. "Why JP hates that we hate RI..."
...and why he doesn't care.
OR
I like both blondes and brunettes.

Sadly, he just doesn't understand the whole comparable analogy aspect.
IMO, Redemption Island undermines the integrity of the game.
Whereas being blonde or brunette does not undermine being a woman.

michel2 4529 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-20-14, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Why JP should hates RI...and the F3"
What I don't understand is that he doesn't see that RI forces pagonging. Suppose at F7 you are the 4th in the majority allaince; you can't flip to the three in the minority even if you think you'd have a better shot of winning because one of their old allies could come back from RI and take your spot. You have to stick with your original tribe because they're the ones that will U-turn the RI winner. It's that simple. Jiffy wants the bottom players to flip yet the F3 and RI are the two biggest reasons NOT to flip.
Dumb. That's the only way to descriobe Probst.

02-20-14, 09:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Why JP should hates RI...and the F3"
It is obvious that he remains a very 'on-the-surface' person. Not really seeing past the blonde hair, if you will.

He likes Redemption Island mostly because they call it Redemption Island.
He likes people whom achieve redemption so screw whatever the real (and extremely prevalent) outcome the twist wreaks on the overall game.

02-21-14, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why JP should hates RI...and the F3"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-14 AT 02:26 AM (EST)

I think it's ridiculous to believe anything Jeff says about Survivor and whether he likes the various "twists" that have been incorporated into the game (and then later removed, and then again reincorporated, and then whatever...). It's just his job. He has to say he likes whatever it is they decide to do in any given season.

02-20-14, 09:56 PM (EST)
10. "Jeff Probst says...on a Hot Streak of Winners"
I think he's saying that we will like the winner, because the winner will deserve the win.
Phew!
“8 of the last 10 winners came in playing to win"... (With Fabio and Natalie W. not making the cut.)

Some spoils for THIS season?
We’re on a long streak of people who come into the game with their mind set on winning — and not just making the jury — having a lot of success, and that excites me."

“There’s a move, early in this season, that speaks exactly to why you have to play the game and not try to make friends. And you’ll know it when you see it, and people at home will shake their heads and go, ‘Why would they do that?’ And hopefully future players will look at it and go, ‘I will never do that.’
I used to try to explain to people why blindsides were effective. I don’t have to anymore. They now realize I’m not blowing smoke when I say, ‘If you tell somebody they’re going home, their chances of scrambling are 100%, and when a scramble happens, your chances of being in trouble are 100%. So why would you do that? Blindside: It’s better for the show and it’s better for your lot in the game.’”

02-22-14, 00:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Jeff Probst says...on a Hot Streak of Winners"
Well I liked Fabio and Natalie W. perfectly well, and I do think they deserved to win their seasons. He may think that Sophie deserved her win, but he certainly didn't arrange for her to be edited that way. She was a complete bore.

So that isn't telling me anything, typically for Probst.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •