The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-13, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-13 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Tyson received one vote (at least) in each of the last two TC's. Who did it?

Eliminating Cierra, she is seen voting for Katie at the first TC. This means her Mom was also probably voting Katie at that TC.

Eliminating Tina, Katie and Monica because they were seen voting other than Tyson.

Eliminating Vytas, because he wasn't at the second TC, and presumably both votes were by the same person.

Eliminating Tyson, of course.

Leaving Caleb, Gervase, and Hayden.

Gervase and Hayden seem to be following Tyson's lead in who to vote for, so probably not them.

Caleb? Confessionals by him haven't been shown lately, so we've had no way to judge if he could be this sly. He does seem to be smart and thoughtful. Could he be the disrupter? If so, this could be great strategy if not discovered, or the end for him it he is.

shhhhh! I stole this from Tribe and I ain't gonna give it back.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... Snidget 11-14-13 1
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... Flowerpower 11-14-13 2
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... samboohoo 11-14-13 3
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... television 11-14-13 4
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... tribephyl 11-15-13 11
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-14-13 5
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... Sheldor 11-14-13 6
       RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-14-13 7
           RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... Sheldor 11-14-13 8
               RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-14-13 9
                   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... tribephyl 11-15-13 13
                       RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-15-13 15
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... guerra1942 11-14-13 10
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... tribephyl 11-15-13 12
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... michel 11-15-13 14
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-15-13 16
       RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... michel 11-16-13 19
 RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... bbaper 11-15-13 17
   RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... Sheldor 11-16-13 20
       RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-18-13 21
           RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... PepeLePew13 11-18-13 22
           RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... michel 11-18-13 23
               RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson... kingfish 11-19-13 24
 Voting history PepeLePew13 11-16-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-13, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Wikipedia seems to think Vytas voted for Tyson when he was voted out and Tina voted for Tyson when she was voted out.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-13, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Yes, they voted for "Tai Sun"...

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-13, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
It has also been spelled differently each time.

I figured Vytas would have voted Katie the first TC since he knew that's how the votes were going to be split.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-14-13, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Wouldn't it have been Vytas or Tina the first time and Katie the second time? I would have thought they would show it if more votes were for non-Tina the second time, but it was 1 vote Monica (from Tina) and 1 Tyson. Seems Katie is the only one that makes sense for that one. I'd imagine that it'd be pretty well understood amongst the underdogs that a) they're going home and b) Tyson is the biggest threat and it behooves them to telegraph that to the majority by throwing a vote his way.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-13, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-13 AT 05:57 AM (EST)

Yes. Vytas voted for 'Thai sun' at the first TC.
Then, Tina voted for Tyson and Katie voted for Monica at the 2nd TC.

11-14-13, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-13 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

It seems to me that it would be someone who would throw away their vote in order to cause mischief. Because a vote for Tyson at those TCs couldn't have been serious attempts to evict him. And that it most likely would be someone trying to create a little confusion in the other survivor's minds.

In addition, it would have been the same person both times, because whatever the motive, the same idea wouldn't likely occur to two people separately in successive TC's. Logically, it would be the same person up to the same mischief, someone who might also think to use two writing styles. This has the feel of having been done by someone who is quiet and smart. Caleb.

And Vytas wasn't there for the second vote, and Cierra, Katie, Tina, and Monica were seen voting for others.

Leaving Gervase, Caleb, Hayden, and Laura M. Of those, Caleb seems to me to be most capable of coming up with this idea.

I wonder what Wikipedia saw that we didn't. And I wonder (if the entry was made by the producers) if it might be an attempt at misdirection for the viewers.

Sheldor 4621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-14-13, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
In the first TC they showed only 5 votes for Vytas, 1 vote for Katie, and 1 vote for "Thai Sun". Therefore the other 3 votes were for Vytas so he was voted out 8-1-1. They showed Ciera writing down Katie. Vytas can't vote for himself so Vtyas voted "Thai Sun"

In the second TC they showed 5 votes for Tina, 1 vote for Monica, and 1 vote for Tyson. Therefore the other 2 votes were for Tina and she was voted out 7-1-1. They showed Katie writing down Monica. Tina can't vote for herself so Tina voted for Tyson.

11-14-13, 09:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
I see what you're saying, and there are precedents for your assumptions, but I don't think it's likely that those are the accurate vote totals. And I think that it's very unlikely that Vytas voted for Tyson in the first TC, or that Tina voted for Tyson in the second. Vytas' vote was obviously for Katie, and Tina's vote was obviously for Monica in the second.

Totals in the first TC probably weren't 8-1-1. Those unaccounted for votes could have (and probably did) go to Katie since there was an agreement to split the vote between Vytas and Katie, and Vytas was told this point blank, so I assume the final count was 5-4-1. And in the first TC, Vytas surely voted to evict Katie, his only chance at staying was if the other person (Katie) receiving votes got more than he did, so he was incentivized to vote for her, not Tyson.

So the stray vote in the first TC (for Tyson) probably came from the majority alliance since otherwise, the stray voter would have been risking a tie, turning his/her mischief into something larger.

And there was some (though less) talk about splitting the vote in the second TC between Tina and Monica. So the total very well could have been 5-3-1. Here, the stray voter didn't really risk a tie, so why should he/she not vote for Tyson again?

And in the second TC, after the dialog between the two, Tina was obviously voting for Monica, not Tyson. That would have been her only chance at staying, especially if she managed to catch wind of the split vote. It's a small camp.

Caleb is in the majority alliance, from whence the stray vote came.

(Caution, be forewarned: Although this makes perfect sense to me right now, my theories usually go right down the rabbit hole).

11-14-13, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Jeff will always read all the votes that are not for the voted out player. He will read just enough votes for the voted out player such that none of the other players with votes could reach a tie.

Indeed the first vote was 8-1-1. Vytas has a CBS extra video where he says he told Tina and Katie to vote for him and for them to try to get in with the alliance of 7. Vytas did not vote for Katie, that was Ciera's vote. Instead Vytas voted for "Thai Sun" and his writing style gives that away.

There is no way the second vote was 5-3-1. If Monica or Tyson had 2 more votes; Jeff would have read them. Second vote was 7-1-1 and since we know Katie voted for Monica that means Tina voted for Tyson.

11-14-13, 10:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Not bad assumptions, and the vote count strategy by Jeff was the precedent I was referring to. One thing about that, the producers have admitted in the past that they arrange those votes, usually to create suspense of some sort. So with that in mind, your theoretical vote counts are a reasonable guess. Unless they decided to hide a few votes to build up another kind of suspense, that of hiding the Tyson votes.

We will see if that plays out.

But still, those assumptions fly in the face of the split voting strategy that was definitely in place for TC#1. No way would Vytas have voted for anyone but Katie if he was serious about staying in the game. No way. Same for Tina, no way did she vote for anyone but her enemy at that TC,, Monica. The split vote probably also occurred as they discussed at TC#2.

So, the three most viable candidates (IMO) for the Tyson votes were Gervase, Caleb, and Hayden. We've seen a lot of Hayden, here and on BB. And he is not capable of this kind of strategy. Gervase? Maybe. But Caleb is the smart guy, he keeps to himself and he seems to be secretive, so I think he is most likely to have pulled off a deception by casting both votes.

And if he did indeed do it, that spelling variation was a pretty nice touch, maybe putting him up there with Denise as the most effective game player to date.

11-15-13, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Actually, Sheldor is correct and is not assuming theories.
It has been stated by JP that votes are rearranged for optimum drama. If there are enough votes to create late count ties, they will be used to do as such.
He only refrains from kicking a dead horse. So, once the votes go beyond the half-way point for a bootee he will cease reading any extra coffin-nails.

11-15-13, 09:33 AM (EST)
15. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Yeah, I know. That's how it has played in the past, and I admit that it is reasonable to think that it may have done so this time as well.

His vote counts were theoretical since several votes were hidden, not the fact that the producers arrange the votes as you and he mention.

But that just doesn't jibe with the split vote strategy that seemed to be the plan, esp in the first TC. How can an 8-1-1 vote really be considered a split vote, assuming that Vytas wouldn't self-destruct and vote for Tyson, and knowing that Tyson can't vote for himself?

Vytas is a smart guy and his voting for Tyson makes no sense for someone who wants to remain in the game.

Roughly the same argument can be made for the second TC vote, 7-1-1 isn't a split vote, and Tina wouldn't vote for anyone but Monica if she wished to remain in the game.

i was just opining that this time, maybe the optimum drama the producers were going for was a bit longer range, maybe the drama this time was to hide whoever was voting for Tyson.

And I beat dead horses for a living. That's just what I do.

guerra1942 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-13, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail guerra1942 Click to send private message to guerra1942 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
is there a rule about voting for yourself? tyson has a pretty strange sense of humor, and since he voted himself out last time, he might think this was funny if he's feeling secure enough.

11-15-13, 03:39 AM (EST)
12. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
There is a rule about voting for yourself.
We're reminded of it every time they have a tie vote at TC.
Jeff reminds them that "since you can't vote for yourself, we know your votes will be for each other, therefore so-n-so and such-n-such will sit out and the rest of you will only vote for either so-n-so or such-n-such. Whosit? You're up first. Oh and take the voting urn with you, please."

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-13, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
I think Sheldor explained it nicely but I still wanted to add that when Jeff read the "Thai Sun" vote, the camera showed Vytas looking directly at Tyson and smiling. It had to be his vote.

I'm more interested in knowing why Laura voted for Vytas and didn't get blamed for switching her vote. I'll have to listen to Gervase's confessional again to see if it could apply to both women for being wild cards or if he didn't realize it yet that Laura had strayed.

11-15-13, 09:40 AM (EST)
16. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
For a show that isn't above photo shopping scenes, changing buff colors, and interposing snapshots from one week to another, out of sequence, editing where they insert a "significant" glance from Vytas into the vote announcement isn't something they wouldn't do, and really isn't reliable as a clue.

And biting on one of their editing tricks is something we are all leery of.

11-16-13, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
I'm aware of that but sometimes it isn't a trick. Vytas' tweet puts your supposition to rest anyway.

bbaper 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-13, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bbaper Click to send private message to bbaper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
I saw a tweet from Vytas where he said he had voted for "Tai Sun".

11-16-13, 06:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
>I saw a tweet from Vytas where he said he had voted for "Tai Sun".

I think you are referring to this Tweet by Vtyas and subsequent Reply by KandasyaLediaev:

Vytas Baskauskas @vytasyoga 13 Nov

I even told Tina and Katie to vote for me so they could try and get in with the 7. Was excited to go hang with my brother!
8:32 PM - 13 Nov 13

KandasyaLediaev @NeverAhKen 13 Nov

@vytasyoga Lol Thai Son

Note: Vtyas vote was not "Tai Sun" nor "Thai Son" it was "Thai Sun"

11-18-13, 11:32 AM (EST)
21. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-13 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

The book is closed only if one assumes that a tweet by Vytas 6-8 months after the fact is not a face saving alteration of the truth.

Would Vytas lie to make it look like he actually wanted to be voted off the island? To visit Aras on RI? After strongly stating that he wanted to outlast Aras on the island? After scheming and begging (as he confessed) for votes, and was voted off in spite of his best efforts? Would he tempted into a face-saving tweet? I think only the gullible would assume that he wouldn’t.

I would be more persuaded to accept a tweet from Tina than from Vytas. His willingness to manipulate his image and mislead and lie was shown in his confessionals and do not give to credence to any claims to the contrary he that might make this long after he was shown to fail.

No, that tweet is a long way from evidence that would close the book in this case.

The chart (by Pepe) is stronger evidence to back up your vote distribution theory. Certainly stronger than Michel's "significant glance" clue.

Where did that chart come from, though? Was it put together by someone making the same assumptions that you made? In which case it would just be circular logic. Or was it from the CBS people who have in multiple instances used misleading editing and manufactured evidence to mislead us? We can’t deny that this hasn’t happened in the past, so we can’t completely accept the chart without some skepticism.

Still not a completely close case, although I’ll admit there is logic in your assumptions, and the chart, if accurate, is somewhat compelling. But please, don’t try and advance tweets from a self-absorbed con man with a chip on his shoulder as book-closing evidence.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
It's from Survivor Wiki - they've always been accurate post-episode.

11-18-13, 08:20 PM (EST)
23. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
Why would Vytas risk saying something that would be so easily refuted? If Caleb had voted for Tyson, he would have been able to make Vytas look like a complete fool.

11-19-13, 11:59 AM (EST)
24. "RE: So, who's been voting for Tyson?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-13 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

He may yet.

I won't try to see into Vytas' mind for the why, but I can deduce from his confessionals that he is easily capable of lying in a tweet. 6 months after the fact. After seeing his failure to stay on the island broadcast to millions of people.

Wwe may get stronger clues when Tina and Caleb are interviwed by RTVW.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-13, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Voting history"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •