The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

freethinker 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-01-06, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freethinker Click to send private message to freethinker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
At the Starting Over in America Tour last year could you win anything?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... Seabisquit 01-01-06 1
   RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... pegasustt 01-01-06 3
 RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... pmfmpls 01-01-06 2
   RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... freethinker 01-01-06 4
       RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... EnfanTerrible 01-02-06 5
           RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... Kattrikk 01-02-06 6
               RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... pmfmpls 01-02-06 7
                   RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... EnfanTerrible 01-02-06 8
               RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... freethinker 01-02-06 10
           RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... freethinker 01-02-06 9
               RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... Jerdle 01-02-06 11
               RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... EnfanTerrible 01-02-06 12
                   RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... freethinker 01-02-06 13
                       RE: skeptic about Starting Over in ... OklaBlue 01-02-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-01-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
What are you talking about?

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-01-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
huh??

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
From about.com:

"Beginning in February (2005), the “Starting Over in America Tour” will include the show’s Life Coaches, Rhonda Britten and Iyanla Vanzant, and Consulting Psychologist, Dr. Stan J. Katz, who will present a free and informative program that encourages audiences to make the kinds of positive changes that are portrayed each day on STARTING OVER."

They also mentioned sweepstakes, but I think it had to do with radio and local TV sponsors, rather than the SO people.

01-01-06, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freethinker Click to send private message to freethinker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
>From about.com:
>
>"Beginning in February (2005), the “Starting
>Over in America Tour” will
>include the show’s Life Coaches,
>Rhonda Britten and Iyanla Vanzant,
>and Consulting Psychologist, Dr. Stan
>J. Katz, who will present
>a free and informative program
>that encourages audiences to make
>the kinds of positive changes
>that are portrayed each day
>on STARTING OVER."
>
>They also mentioned sweepstakes, but I
>think it had to do
>with radio and local TV
>sponsors, rather than the SO
>people.

I'm asking if you could when prizes when you went to the tour because someone said they won a trip?

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-02-06, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

I think this is the first time they have ever done it. I agree, it looks like the prizes are coming from local radio and TV stations. Free, who said they won a trip? Because it doesn't look like it has happened yet.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-02-06, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
Is this tour you're talking about like the mall tours they did last year? I went to see Rhonda last year at our local mall. I really liked her then. It's amazing to me how much she has changed. Anyway, there certainly weren't any drawings or give-aways at that event.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
Yeah, the tour was in Feb of 2005. I heard nothing about prizes, but the About.com site mentions "sweepstakes" in the same blurb as the local radio, business sponsors.

I'd bet that ANY and ALL prizes were from the local promoters. I live in Minneapolis, and I know it was a big deal at Mall of America.

01-02-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"

My bad, `05 WAS last year.

01-02-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
>Is this tour you're talking about
>like the mall tours they
>did last year? I went
>to see Rhonda last year
>at our local mall. I
>really liked her then. It's
>amazing to me how much
>she has changed. Anyway, there
>certainly weren't any drawings or
>give-aways at that event.

Yes this tour is the mall tour from last year.

01-02-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
>LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06
>AT 01:29 AM (EST)

>
>
>
>I think this is the first
>time they have ever done
>it. I agree, it looks
>like the prizes are coming
>from local radio and TV
>stations. Free, who said they
>won a trip? Because it
>doesn't look like it has
>happened yet.

I won't say because maybe this person is not lying to me. I'm untrusting and have my doubts about this person. I've been chatting with this person since september and some of the things this person says about starting over seem weird to me. The most recent is this trip they said they won at the tour last year. The trip that they won is where I live.

Jerdle 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-02-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerdle Click to send private message to Jerdle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
Wow, I sure wish I would've known about that tour! Any chance they'll be doing another one? Has anyone heard anything? Just curious.

01-02-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Maybe your local station gave away a trip?

01-02-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
>LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06
>AT 12:19 PM (EST)

>
>
>
>Maybe your local station gave away
>a trip?

The person lives in Washington state. They went to the tour in Washington state. The trip they said they won at the tour is in Florida.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: skeptic about Starting Over in America tour last year?"
The tour will be supported by local affiliate promotions, radio partnerships, sweepstakes, and print media.

Here’s your link - it didn't take much to find it:
http://realitytv.about.com/od/startingover/a/StartOverTour.htm

That was a 2005 tour.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •