The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-20-13, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

About Laura, Ciera and Rachel

The Season’s theme is about to arrive center-stage once again via the mother-daughter relationship between two Leo. And after reviewing the Compatibility Profile for Laura and Ciera and the linked Leo Profile, I can’t think of a pair better suited to the task of proving that love, honor, honesty, dignity, self-respect and loyalty are no match for Survivor. Or that they are.

From the latter Profile:

‘At first, it’s hard not to like those with the Sun in Leo with their open hearted, friendly ways. They often enter a room as a radiant presence that causes everyone to take notice, and are skilled at “working” a crowd for best effect. As a friend, they have a gift for mining your buried dream, polishing it to a shine again, and making anything seem possible. And there is a public confidence with the Leo Sun that affords them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves. Whether they end up in civil service or on a Broadway stage, chances are they’ll have an audience. When standing proudly before adoring fans (or co-workers), they project a warmth that has a palpable power to win hearts and minds …

(However), after getting to know a Leo, you’ll discover that they’re very loyal: to themselves. You can come up against severe resistance if you try to bend the will of a Leo for the sake of a relationship. Their reputation for being ‘diva-difficult’ is well-earned. But, because so many of them grab the gusto and achieve their lofty goals, in the end their stubborn self-regard usually elicits widespread respect.’

I like Leo. I admire their (cat-like) attractive and impervious personalities. They usually make me smile. About them and about me and about the world at-large. For instance (and I often refer to US Presidents because their very public lives insure that theirs are personalities that we all ‘know’):

Benjamin Harrison, Bill Clinton and Barak Obama have been our three Leo Presidents. And I’m a Republican who didn’t vote for either of the latter two men. To say that I don’t embrace their politics is a radical understatement.

But I have yet to ever watch a speech by President Clinton without finding myself smiling back at his image on my television screen. No matter what he’s done to put himself there …

Sometimes I even catch myself nodding in agreement – on cue. And that’s scary.

So, I’ll admit a soft spot for even the most egocentric – ‘Let them eat cake!’ – of the Sign’s natives. ‘Of course Laura-stretched-indolently-in-a-hammock thinks that she is part of your alliance!’ I wanted to say to Aras. ‘It would never occur to her that you did not consider her to be its most valuable member.’

And, although no other Leo Survivor has ever quite captured Sandra’s unique nonchalance, I admired Laura’s composure when she was voted out of Galang. Leo meltdowns have been rare. But when they have happened they have been memorable: Amanda and Kathleen come to mind.

And Sherea (China) – the poster-child for this excerpt from the Leo Profile – ‘However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being. These Leos will not hesitate to use cunning, lies and trickery to discredit their adversaries. Narcissism, greed for flattery, bombast, pomposity and snobbish superiority can also be characteristic of Leo’ – will always be the Survivor I most detest.

But (back to the Presidents), I also have to admit that I don’t react the same way in President Obama’s televised presence. Fortunately for my shrinking political party, it leaves me quite unimpressed - enough to remember why I’m a Republican …

And I think that’s true because there is a whiff of entitlement – a sort of ‘snobbish superiority’ – about Mr. Obama that, although it is present with all Leo, is, in him, to me, inescapably, prominently unattractive. Even at that distance.

Ciera, I think, has that same aura of expecting seas to part for her passage if only she can manage to keep someone else - in this case, her mother - from screwing up her destiny. And the nice thing is that, if we keep on tuning in, we'll be rewarded by seeing just how that works out for Ciera ...

Rachel was this Season’s third Leo. But it is very difficult to find much more to say about her other than that she played her walk-on (to Tyson’s lead) with dignity and that, for what little my opinion is worth, there seemed to be a genuine affection between the two that surprised me.

With that, here again, is the link to the Post that contains the ten original Compatibility Profiles – including Tyson’s and Rachel’s.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water   Georjanna     09-17-13       
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-17-13     1  
   The Earth Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     2  
   The Water Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     3  
   The Fire Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     4  
   The Air Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     5  
   Repeating ...   Georjanna     09-17-13     6  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-25-13     7  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-02-13     8  
   Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-16-13     9  
     Facinating!   suzzee     10-16-13     10  
         RE: Facinating!   Georjanna     10-19-13     13  
     RE: Anyone you know?   dabo     10-16-13     11  
         RE: Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-19-13     14  
             PS:   Georjanna     10-19-13     15  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-16-13     12  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-23-13     16  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-06-13     17  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-13-13     18  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     19  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     21  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     20  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     22  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-05-13     23  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   suzzee     12-06-13     24  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     27  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   kingfish     12-06-13     25  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     26  
             RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   mimo     12-07-13     28  
                 RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   easygoingry232534     12-14-13     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •