The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-19-13, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Facinating!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-13 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Hi, there!

I'm so glad that you found those particular profiles interesting. Because I think that they're among the most fascinating 'combinations' in the Game, too.

From your question, I gather that, like Tyson, you're a Gemini?

If you are, you should know that I'm always slightly in awe of that bright, witty and gregarious personality. As the profiles indicate, it is - in natural and normal environments - complex, contradictory and wonderfully entertaining. And very deserving of every round of applause it inspires.

And I think that, yes, you (and all of us) are often drawn to the people or characters on our screens most like us. I’ve always thought of it as an instinctive reaction. We are fond of mirrors.

But, too, in the case of Gemini, I think it's because they are so engagingly human and so much fun to watch - even when they are not having the best of days. Because the Zodiac’s chameleons are so adept at reflecting the behaviors and emotions of those around them, it’s very easy for every Sign’s natives to empathize with a Gemini.

And, of course, Survivor is not often Gemini's best of days.

That’s so, I think, because Gemini are natural, instinctive and compulsive entertainers, teachers, salespersons, preachers, politicians – brilliant, funny, well-informed, articulate and attractive persuaders and purveyors. They innately look for every opportunity to make the people in their lives ... happy … and their need to be the center of attention is, unlike that need in some other personalities, not a product of ego. It is simply that they cannot do what comes naturally to them if the competition for the audience’s attention is too fierce. And they are not any more comfortable with physical labor, dirt and hunger than they are with being being side-lined to the general population.

So, faced with a chaotic physical and social scene that makes them extremely uncomfortable, Gemini playing the Game make alliances that offer them a buffer from its more unpleasant tasks and facts - and a spotlight for their unique skills – as quickly as possible.

But, as I think most Survivor veterans who’ve been allied with a Gemini – and most certainly, Aras – would attest, it’s really hard to manipulate their immediate environment adroitly enough to prevent the Air native from becoming, at the very least, nervous. And, discombobulated, a Gemini is going to do something. Usually not a good something. Even for the Gemini.

Enter (the Mutable Subordinate) Tyson. Accompanied by (the Fixed Superior) Rachel. And JP, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly spoke about his surprise at the Gemini’s calm and collected demeanor during the first few days of the Game. A demeanor that survived Colton’s invitation to make strategic mischief with the Sagittarius and bought him, instead, a safe haven with the Anti-Five.

Exit (the ‘warm, enthusiastic and inspiring’, Leo) Rachel. And I expected Tyson to really act out. But, if he did, we didn’t see it. We did, though, see him do something as we were re-introduced to the charmingly delinquent Gemini from Tocantins and Heroes v Villains as the newly-orphaned Air native - no longer content within an alliance that included three of five members with friends or family still in the Game - established an extracurricular partnership with a similarly situated Scorpio.

And, as a quick look at the Compatibilities Chart in the post just above – beginning bottom left, reading left to right and skipping blithely by his very compatible relationship to Aras and Caleb – tells us, this union-of-convenience definitely falls into the ‘Usually not a good something’ category. I mean, according to the Chart, only an island dalliance with the also-orphaned Virgo, Laura Boneham, could have been a worse choice.

But, if I were to put together a lengthy composite of several available profiles of the Gemini/Scorpio relationship, in essence it would say that despite the fact that a social/intimate partnership of this particular Gemini and Scorpio would be the most challenging of the all-unfortunate Gemini/Scorpio combinations – due, in large part, to the Gemini’s infatuation with choices and decisions designed to shock – the meld of Gemini finesse and Scorpio determination can be an effective formula for successful professional relationships.

So, here we are now with a preview that indicates/insinuates that we are about to see a Tyson who – following Galang’s first IC loss, boot deliberation/drama and TC – was then no longer content with the five-person alliance as-it-was. More specifically, he was no longer happy with Aras where he was. Note: If there was any doubt about just who was in-charge at Galang at that stage of the Game, Tyson’s ‘King Aras’ comment should go a long way toward deciding the question.

The underlying premise of the preview, though, is that Tyson’s and Gervase’s – the JP voiceover includes them both – plot to orchestrate Aras’ boot was jeopardized – or foiled - by the subsequent tribal realignment.

A rather lame premise, I think. Because it’s difficult to imagine that the three original Tadhana would have been anything other than delighted to help if the plot had actually survived the journey to their camp and they had actually lost an Immunity Challenge. In fact, I find it hard to believe that the (Fixed Sign) Scorpio, Gervase (who, edit notwithstanding, probably thought of himself as the senior and managing partner of this duet), would buy into a strategy that would destroy his major alliance before the merge.

But then I also didn’t think that a (Fixed Sign) Taurus – John or Brad - would do that either. And one of them certainly surprised me … Note: I loved John’s satiric ‘Five-Man’ comment upon Brad’s arrival at Redemption Island.

What doesn’t surprise me is Tyson’s innate unease when the extreme environment encroaches on his sense of well-being and his resulting determination to do something. But, in Brad’s case, Hayden warned us that a Pandora’s Box was being opened. In Tyson’s, I can’t think of a similar warning – yet. And although we can be extremely confident that Gervase – the (Minority native) Scorpio – is not going to be this Season’s Sole Survivor, the (Majority native) Gemini is certainly a viable (if unlikely) contender for the title and perhaps this is the time-in-three when the usually-not-good somethings that Tyson does turn out to be, editorially, grand strategies that carry the day. It is, very much, all a matter of timing. And this Season, Tyson has an edge that he didn’t have in Tocantins or Heroes v Villains.

But, it is an edge shared by every Fire and Air native in the Game. Including his fellow (and soon to be very sympathetic) Gemini, Monica. And including the Libra, (King) Aras. And the Aries, Vytas (now of the Aries, Earl’s, same mountaintop). And the Leo, Ciera (now of the Leo, Sandra’s, same “anyone but me”). And, the longer shots – the Libra, Caleb and the Aries, Hayden and the other Leo, Laura Morett.

So, I’m hoping that the identity of the “One-Man Wrecking Ball” narrows the field a bit.

A final note about Vytas (I didn’t mean to write a novel): I agree with you about the brothers’ story. But I wonder if it’s ending for this Season. Because, as much as that mountaintop scene is reminiscent of Earl (and of Bob, the Pisces winner), Vytas’ eloquent and very prominent ‘journey’ confessionals are beginning to worry me. And wouldn't he make a perfect, ironic "strategic blindside"?

Perhaps, though, he’s only channeling one of my favorite Sagittarius, Matty.

Please drop in often. I enjoy the company.

I can hear you breathing, you know ...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water   Georjanna     09-17-13       
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-17-13     1  
   The Earth Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     2  
   The Water Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     3  
   The Fire Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     4  
   The Air Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     5  
   Repeating ...   Georjanna     09-17-13     6  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-25-13     7  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-02-13     8  
   Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-16-13     9  
     Facinating!   suzzee     10-16-13     10  
         RE: Facinating!   Georjanna     10-19-13     13  
     RE: Anyone you know?   dabo     10-16-13     11  
         RE: Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-19-13     14  
             PS:   Georjanna     10-19-13     15  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-16-13     12  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-23-13     16  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-06-13     17  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-13-13     18  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     19  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     21  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     20  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     22  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-05-13     23  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   suzzee     12-06-13     24  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     27  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   kingfish     12-06-13     25  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     26  
             RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   mimo     12-07-13     28  
                 RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   easygoingry232534     12-14-13     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •