The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-17-13, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-13 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

Hello!

Welcome to the thread that takes Survivor with a grain of Astrology.

It’s been a while, yes?

So, before our first look at the tribes that SEG/CBS wrought for Blood vs Water, here are brief explanations of the descriptive terms that you’ll see associated with each player on the Tribal Chart – Role, Sun Sign and Element:

Astrology groups personalities, first, by the common innate traits and behaviors of the natives of each of the twelve Astronomy-inspired Sun Signs. Keyword – Ego.

Then it places each of the twelve in a group of three Sun Signs defined by their display of the characteristics of one of the four Philosophy-inspired Elements. Keyword – Temperament.

Note: By clicking on the links below – or by scrolling the thread – you’ll arrive at composite Element and Sun Sign Profiles drawn from multiple web-based Astrology resources.

Links to Profiles

The Earth Signs – These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.
The Water Signs – These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The Fire Signs – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
The Air Signs – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

Note: The personalities of the three Sun Signs within an Element are said to be compatible with each other. And the Elements of Earth and Water – and of Fire and Air – are considered to be complementary of one another and in opposition to the other duo. And, as you will see shortly, this is important …

Finally, Astrology further identifies and describes each of the three Sun Signs within an Element by the Sign’s Psychology-inspired Mode/Quality. Keyword: Behavior.

The initiative Cardinal Signs approach new environments with a zest for beginning new activities and pursuing new accomplishments. Earth’s Cardinal Sign is Capricorn. Water’s Cardinal Sign is Cancer. Fire’s Cardinal Sign is Aries. And Air’s Cardinal Sign is Libra.

The versatile Mutable Signs are able to see life from many perspectives. As a result, they are flexible, adaptable and restless: there is a touch of urgency and haste in their natures. Earth’s Mutable Sign is Virgo. Water’s Mutable Sign is Pisces. Fire’s Mutable Sign is Sagittarius. And Air’s Mutable Sign is Gemini.

The steadfast Fixed Signs dig in. And they are respected for their self-containment and sense of purpose. However, change is difficult for them, and as a result, they have a reputation for being stubborn. Earth’s Fixed Sign is Taurus. Water’s Fixed Sign is Scorpio. Fire’s Fixed Sign is Leo. And Air’s Fixed Sign is Aquarius.

You will see the Modes indicated for each Sun Sign within the Profiles. I do not, however, use them on charts.

Instead, you will see charted the Survivor-inspired Roles. Keyword: Place.

The Profiles of the Superior Signs – Capricorn (Cardinal Earth), Cancer (Cardinal Water), Scorpio (Fixed Water) and Leo (Fixed Fire) – indicate that their natives are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in a position of leadership.

The Profiles of the Subordinate Signs – Taurus (Fixed Earth), Virgo (Mutable Earth), Pisces (Mutable Water) and Gemini (Mutable Air) – indicate that these personalities are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in sheltered (supportive or specialized) positions.

And the Profiles of the Soloist Signs – Aries (Cardinal Fire), Sagittarius (Mutable Fire), Libra (Cardinal Air) and Aquarius (Fixed Air) – tell us that these folks are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in autonomous (detached or semi-detached) positions.

Now! With all of that said for the Season, we can, as promised, move on to Galang and Tadhana. And I think that we’d better do that quickly if we want to see them as they were – or as what they could have been – at all. Because it would seem that the producers have decided – via Redemption Island and an additional Changing-Places Twist – to destroy the integrity of the Tribes and of the Season's theme before its first sundown.

At Tadhana, The Superiors

Katie - Cancer is thought to be the Zodiac’s maternal Sun Sign.

Ciera and Rachel - And Leo is considered to be its paternal Sun Sign.

So the instinctive leadership of the Tribe is naturally much more benign and familial than it is bellicose and fierce. The three Cancer who have won the Game are Danni, JT and Sophie. Sandra and Amber are its Leo winners.

At Tadhana, The Subordinates

Brad and John - Taurus are amazingly industrious and ambitious. And they are usually very even-tempered. But, unfortunately for Taurus who play the Game, Survivor doesn’t very often – ultimately – reward virtue.

Laura Boneham - Virgo are famously detail-oriented and innately accomplished managers. But Virgo will have their way. Think Ian (Palau) - Judd (Guatemala), Becky (Cook Islands) – Parvati (Cook Islands) and Rocky (Fiji) – Yau-man (Fiji). Virgo almost always bring to my mind the refrain: ‘ When they are good, they are very, very good. And when they are bad, they are really, really bad’.

However, the presence of Earth Sign Subordinates usually bode well for a Tribe's social stability and physical comfort.

At Tadhana, The Soloists

Hayden, Marissa and Vytas - Aries are renowned for their independent, pugnacious – no -holds-barred – and inspirational qualities. They are often blunt to the point of insult. They are also usually very intelligent and relish challenge. They would seem to be made for the Game. But their personalities, like those of Virgo, can be very contradictory.

For instance: the seemingly cool and focused Richard (Borneo) and Earl (Fiji) are Aries. But so are Randy, Crystal and Erik of Gabon. And Peigh-Gee and Courtney of China . So I always look forward to seeing which Aries shows up. And this Season, I am particularly looking forward to the comparisons of Vytas and Aras – a Libra – during the Game and in the Forums.

Caleb - Like the other Libra in the Season (Aras), he is paired with a volatile Fire Sign. His partner, Colton, is a Sagittarius. And in terms of relationships, that Sign is certainly more unpredictable than is Aries.

But I’ll have more to say about Libra (and Sagittarius) on the far side of the chart. For now I’ll suggest that – when you’re visiting the thread’s complete Profiles – you remember to take a look at the list of Alumni. Linking the behaviors and personalities of individuals we’ve seen play the Game to those we’ve yet to come to know beyond a name and an interview can be very instructive. One of the reasons that Astrology has not only persisted, but flourished, for thousands of years is that history does, demonstrably, repeat itself.

And now to the other side of – Probst’s and Burnett’s – contest.

At Galang, The Superiors

Tina - Capricorn.

I suppose that I should just come right out and say that I do not get on swimmingly with Capricorn. But I don’t mean to imply that it’s their fault. It is just that I’m a miserably disorganized Sagittarius with the Sign’s typical intense – but short – attention spans. In other words, I really don’t consider it critical – if it obviously-to-normal-people isn’t critical – if I don’t finish something that I started. What the heck? Tomorrow’s another day and another project.

But Capricorn care. Oh, do those driven, determined, demanding, rules-are-rules and deadlines-are-deadlines, Chief Operating Officers-Of-All-They-Survey care! And do they make everyone else within your world care! Nor do they tolerate poor workmanship. Or disloyalty. Or any of a hundred other human frailties.

I know that Rob Mariano appears to be a really nice guy. But I don’t believe it for an instant …

Consider this from the Capricorn Profile:

‘ … Capricorn exude a sense of being in charge. And they usually are … And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are often humorless ... (and/or) their penchant for melancholy creates a unique filter for Capricorn humor that is known to veer toward the darkly absurd.’

Reference: Natalie of Micronesia and Corinne of Gabon.

And to that may I say, Amen!

But, for reasons that will become obvious in the next post, Tina Wesson is one of my heroes. And so is Denise Stapley – who very graciously confirmed her birthdate for me when I could only manage conflicting dates.

Note: Tina's and Tom Westman’s fellow Capricorn (Rob, Denise and Cochran) have won three of the last six Seasons.

Kat Edorsson - I’ve already talked a bit about the Cancer personality. But I’ll add that, although the Cancer cast for Survivor are usually ‘older’ versions of the personality, one doesn’t have to be elderly to have a nurturing approach to relationships. Kat is one example. JT Thomas is another. And I think that my favorite, Cirie, is timeless.

Gervase and Candice - Scorpio is – within the context of the Game – the Sign that most fascinates me.

Thirty-six different Scorpio have played the Game. Twenty-four have been women. And seven of those women have been first-booted from their Season or their Tribe. For a total of eight times: Francesca left first – twice. And, as you’re about to see, Scorpio – along with Sagittarius and Taurus and despite being lauded for the abundance of geniuses within their ranks – are horrible as Survivor contestants. They rank dead last in the percentage of their natives who reach F10, F4 and F1. And next-to-last (behind Taurus) at reaching F3. Ethan has been their only unqualified success.

So what happens?

Well, I think that within a very competitive setting saturated with paranoia, Scorpio just scare the dickens out of their tribemates. Says their Profile:

‘Scorpio are the most profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic attraction and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure that can be intimidating. An outer mask of cool control belies a vast and often turbulent psychic interior. In a word, the Scorpio is intense …’

A Scorpio sampler: Tom Buchanan, Scout, Jolanda, Marty, Brenda and Jeff Probst.

Laura Morett - In her previous Season, Blood vs Water’s third Leo reminded me very much of Leslie Nease (China). And a bit of Amanda Kimmel of the same Season.

From the Leo Profile:

‘ … There is a public confidence with the Leo Sun that affords them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves. Whether they end up in civil service or on a Broadway stage, chances are they’ll have an audience …

It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume that role without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely. Outgoing, spontaneously warm-hearted and plain-spoken (but poor judges of character), Leo are more disillusioned than the average if let down by those they trust.

And, since Leo simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated. However, even after they discover that they've been duped or abandoned, most Leos are too big about it – or too proud – to retaliate.’

On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have a powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. Those who are devout may be very obstinate in upholding traditional beliefs ...'

At Galang, The Subordinates

Monica and Tyson - Gemini is, I think, another fascinating Sign within the Game. And, having been questioned about their ‘Subordinate’ role-designation, I hope it helps if I say that I didn’t come to that conclusion because Gemini are – in the Game – extraordinarily hard-working. It is, I’m afraid, just the opposite: Gemini natives playing Survivor have an amazing talent for attaching themselves to an individual or an alliance and sheltering there for the duration.

Holwever, Gemini also have an amazing talent for brightening everyone's darkest of days. And their delightful irreverence at a campfire or enthusiasm in a challenge is often worth every bit of the upheaval they cause ... and much more more.

From their Profile:

‘Gemini, the Sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine. Charmers and clowns, they often wear a silly grin that seems to say that they get the cosmic joke that all is, after all, well … They’re great wits and their interest in people often thrusts them into the role of social ice breaker … But be warned that like chameleons, they absorb and reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

So, Katie Gallagher’s tantrum, Tyson’s tattling, Lisi’s absurdities, Lex’s meltdown, Joel’s fury, Chet's petulance, Ashley’s collapse, etc., didn’t surprise me. But Jud Birza’s win sure did!

At Galang, The Soloists

Colton – Regrettably is, like me – a Sagittarius.

I wish I had something as soothingly convenient as genius, magnetism and mystery to explain my Sun Sign’s miserable Survivor performance. And I suppose that I could blame it all on our penchant for blunt talk, windmill-tilting, defense of underdogs or terminal clumsiness. But, I honestly think that it has much more to do with that darned attention span: I think that Sagittarius playing the Game simply grow weary of it far sooner than do other Signs. Thirty-nine uninterrupted days is an awfully long time for one of us to maintain an interest in the most pleasant of pursuits. Much less contrived misery.

I’d offer names to illustrate the range of Sagittarius interaction in the Survivor environment, but I simply can't come up with enough examples of contrasting behavior.

However, I will say that Stephenie deserves far better press than she gets. And I’ll explain that later.

Aras – Libra, like Leo for their wealth and Scorpio for their genius, are notable for the number of Judges born under the Sign. And like their fellow Air natives (Aquarius and Gemini), their behavior can be inordinately influenced by fluid environments. I do think, though, that deliberative Libra are able to function within them more effectively than are the other two.

It is, however, fun to watch a Libra struggle to contain their exasperation with uncertainty and confusion. For example: Marcus with The Onion Alliance, Russell Hantz with The World-At-Large, Edgardo with Multiple Shape-Shifting Alliances, Jaison with The Gods-At-Large and, of course, Aras with The Gemini Gals and The Mad Puffer.

And, as I said earlier, I think that it’s going to be very interesting to watch Aras and Caleb cope with Vytas and Colton during a Game of Survivor. I only wish that we were going to have Cirie for the play-by-play.

From the Libra Profile:

‘… The Libra personality attracts the revelations, confidences, gossip and trust of others like a magnet – they thrive in calm, aesthetically pleasing environments. Libra are (however) easily upset by the chaos of life and then the October-born can be … quarrelsome … irritable and … intractable …

Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical … The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment …

… (but) once they have reached a conclusion Libra will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval.

Rupert: Aquarius – you will find this shocking, I know – are stubborn.

Also, from their Profile:

‘ They are also extremely tolerant, often quite eccentric and present themselves in two core types: extroverted, lively, exuberant and exhibitionist – or – shy, sensitive, gentle and patient. And because they instinctively appreciate diversity, Aquarius are often called the ‘rebel’ of the Zodiac. However, their rebellion is usually subtle and most often manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (devastating) sarcasm. Neither type of Aquarius makes friends easily. They are fiercely independent and self-sufficient. They dislike interference by others. Wronged, they don’t forgive.

Gosh! If we could just figure out which type of Aquarius Rupert is!

Some contrasts:

Jenna – Kim, Yul – Todd, Rupert – Stephen, Flicka – NaOnka, Jamie – Brian – Brandon (Guatemala)

Everybody’s An Aquarius – A True Story:

When the cast for Nicaragua was announced and I first looked for Jud Birza’s birthdate online, I ran across a dormant MySpace page and his declaration on it that his Sun Sign was Aquarius (January 21 – February 19). His birthday, however, is June 12th – in the middle of Gemini territory. But I have no idea if Jud knew, when he created the page, that Gemini (with Libra), is the Sun Sign least frequently cast by Survivor and Aquarius is one of the most frequently chosen.

And with that, voilà! We have arrived at the chart that is going to tell us all about the Sun Signs’ performances - from Casting to F1 - for the past twenty-six Survivor Seasons.

Notes:

1. I’ve omitted connecting/graph lines from this Season’s charts. I hope that, as a result, they will be easier to read.

2.A - The first column illustrates the total number of times the Sign was cast over twenty-six Seasons – ranked numerically, high to low – and contains the names of the Signs’ natives playing Blood vs Water. Range: Capricorn – 48 to Gemini – 29.

2. B – The second column illustrates the raw number and the percentage of the Signs’ natives who reached F10 – ranked by percentage, high to low – over the past twenty-six Seasons. Range: Libra/Leo – 65% to Scorpio – 46%.

2. C – The third column illustrates the raw number and the percentage of the Signs’ natives who reached F4 – ranked by percentage, high to low – over the past twenty-six Seasons. Range: Capricorn – 31% to Scorpio – 12%.

2. D – The fourth column illustrates the raw number and the percentage of the Signs’ natives who reached F3 – ranked by percentage, high to low – over the past twenty-six Seasons. Range: Libra – 24% to Taurus – 8%.

2. E – The last column illustrates the raw number and the percentage of the Signs’ natives who reached F1 and became a Season’s Sole Survivor – ranked by percentage, high to low – over the past twenty-six Seasons. Range: Capricorn 11% to Gemini/Libra/Sagittarius/Taurus/Scorpio – 3%.

This chart offers a lot to talk about. But if I had to pick three things that I believe are the most informative, they would be (1)what happens to hard-working Taurus from F10 to F3 and (2)Libra’s inability to ‘close’ from F3 to F1. The third, however, is something that you can’t see on the chart:

From S21 through S26 the total number of each Sign’s natives cast were Capricorn – 10, Virgo – 11, Aquarius – 7, Leo – 1, Taurus – 9, Aries – 7, Cancer – 11, Scorpio – 14, Sagittarius – 8, Pisces – 12, Gemini – 8, Libra – 14.

So, why are Survivor’s producers suddenly enamored of Libra (from S1 through S20 they had only cast the Sign 20 times) and whatever did Troyzan (the lone Leo cast during the same time frame) - do?

And – now that you’ve thought about it – if by some miraculous turn of fate this Season’s two Tribes were permitted to remain intact (less only Boots and Quits) until then, which one would you expect to send the most players to a merge at F10?

Too, would you enjoy watching every Season of Survivor play out with two Tribes that remained intact (less only Boots and Quits) from F20/18/16 to F1 with an opportunity to identify (and identify with) odds-defined Favorite/Underdog/Toss-Up Tribes before each Season began ?

And, finally, would you like to know why Tina Wesson had an opportunity – in Blood v Water – to repeat a feat that only she and two other players have ever accomplished?

Well, first a reminder:

Links to Profiles

The Earth Signs – These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.
The Water Signs – These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The Fire Signs – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
The Air Signs – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

And now, please read on. There is, as they say, more.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival - Blood vs Water   Georjanna     09-17-13       
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-17-13     1  
   The Earth Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     2  
   The Water Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     3  
   The Fire Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     4  
   The Air Signs   Georjanna     09-17-13     5  
   Repeating ...   Georjanna     09-17-13     6  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     09-25-13     7  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-02-13     8  
   Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-16-13     9  
     Facinating!   suzzee     10-16-13     10  
         RE: Facinating!   Georjanna     10-19-13     13  
     RE: Anyone you know?   dabo     10-16-13     11  
         RE: Anyone you know?   Georjanna     10-19-13     14  
             PS:   Georjanna     10-19-13     15  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-16-13     12  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     10-23-13     16  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-06-13     17  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-13-13     18  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     19  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     21  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     20  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     11-20-13     22  
   RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-05-13     23  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   suzzee     12-06-13     24  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     27  
     RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   kingfish     12-06-13     25  
         RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   Georjanna     12-06-13     26  
             RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   mimo     12-07-13     28  
                 RE: Signs of Survival - Blood vs Wa...   easygoingry232534     12-14-13     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •