The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Players, The Game, The Editing ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

VerucaSalt 1579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-13-13, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Players, The Game, The Editing ..."

I am only just realizing how convoluted this season may end up being with the twists involved. When I heard the concept of loved ones playing against returning players I was actually very impressed that Survivor managed to tweak their premise once again and in a very interesting manner.

Returning players have always been an interesting experiment since we have seen time and time again that regardless the new players should know to boot them immediately, they always manage to let at least one slide by as evidenced by those ďvetsĒ who have won with new players.

This time we have added issues. They are not on the same tribe as new players and it's their loved ones on the other tribe.

The vets are also in a quandary since they could use the other vets as a safety net but they certainly want their loved one to stick around. One also has to consider that if they form an alliance with another member of their tribe, they are potentially forming an alliance with that personís loved one and what if that person is a huge threat?

Unlike last season, I was very happy with most of the returning players that were cast and my ďbiasĒ may interfere in how I think they may do. There is no question a couple of the returning players were cast due to their personalities and I will not be surprised if we see a lot of these people even if they are short term.

Naturally, this thread welcomes the view from an editing standpoint and those posting in here have always been very respectful regarding the omission of sourced information and after all these seasons, let me again thank everyone for respecting the ďunspoiledĒ editing eye.

From my understanding, RI will play a large role and immediately upon the start of the game. In addition, (please correct me if I am wrong as fellow posters provide me with the information since I donít wish to read outside information) it appears that a loved one can trade places with whomever goes to RI and they take their place in the tribe. This is certainly another wrench thrown in as you are possibly protecting your loved one, jeopardizing yourself, potentially creating new alliances if you go to your loved ones tribe, etc.

The HII is also back and I only hope that they make them a little more difficult to find since they appear to be ripe for the taking these past few seasons and it will be interesting to see if that person who gets the clue from RI shares it with their tribe, the other tribe or perhaps nobody.

All of these nuances could lead to an extremely topsy turpsy season that will either be very exciting or quite potentially a train wreck. Time will certainly tell. Based on the tribes and the players on each, certain members have the potential to go the distance. However, with a merger and loved ones and RI, it could be anyoneís game.

RETURNING PLAYERS

Aras Baskauskas
Previous Season: Panama
I frankly never expected to see Aras again and he is a player I am looking forward to seeing if only due to his absence all these seasons. That being said, strong males are worrisome at any merger and strong males who were winners are even more worrisome. There are quite a few players that will work extra hard to NOT let a prior winner win.

Candice Woodcock Cody
Previous Season: Cook Islands, Heroes vs Villains
Iíve always liked Candice and felt she was significantly underrated. With some of the players on the returning tribe, her presence may be overlooked that she could do fairly well. However, her husband will probably be viewed as a threat and that may cause a problem for Candice. Considering they are also husband and wife, should one of them get sent to RI, it will be interesting to see if they ďfall on their swordĒ for the other and that could cause a dynamic that is potentially negative or positive.

Colton Cumbie
Previous Season: One World
Ah, Colton! By sheer virtue of his behavior in One World, I am of the mindset that he is a short term player. Despite the fact he is probably no real threat to anyway, his polarizing attitude would certainly put off quite a few of these contestants. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I would suggest we may see a lot of him but for a short time.

Gervase Peterson
Previous Season: Borneo
Another player I am very pleased to see and with his personality as well as being far removed from the recent seasons, I have no doubt Gervase can do rather well this season. He was very engaging and may be viewed as an ďicon.Ē I donít necessarily see him trading places with his niece either. There really isnít anyone on this tribe that I see having any immediate issue with Gervase. However, we may not see any real editing push for Gervase for a couple of episodes even if he is long term.

Kat Edorsson
Kat made an indelible impression on One World and she is joined by two of her cast mates on her tribe so their interactions should be interesting in terms of whether a ready made alliance is created. Kat was engaging but I wonít be surprised if she comes off as irritating. With Hayden as her counterpart, there may be some thought to his swapping places for her if she goes to RI. I donít necessarily see her leaving early but with this group, she may not fare well long term.

Laura Morett
Previous Season: Survivor Samoa
The Mom in Laura may certainly wish to trade places with her daughter if she is sent to RI but this tribe may just wish to see Laura sent packing. Iím not sure how she will fare with this group but it is refreshing that she, Monica and Tina are mature women and there are more of them! In this group, and I may be wrong as frankly most of her season was so Russell centric that every other player I tend to forget, she may fare the worst of the three mature ladies if I recall her personality.

Monica Culpepper
With her husband being the counterpart, I would imagine he would also potentially fall on his sword should Monica have to go to RI. Knowing Colton and Kat may provide her some assistance and I think Monica should get along pretty well with the rest of the tribe. Contestants such as Monica and Lauraís edit should be fairly clear early on to see if they have the legs for a long term edit. The issue with her and frankly any contestant that has a counterpart who would swap with them to RI, is that it could be detrimental to any contestant so any pre speculation before their edit is shown is very speculative.

Rupert Boneham
Previous Seasons: Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs Villains
Oh Rupert, Iím a little bothered that he decided to come back once again and frankly I would not be surprised if the other contestants felt that way as well. Rupert received a loving edit in PI (understandably so) but since that time, the real Rupert stood up and there was definitely tarnish there. There is NO question he would swap places with his Wife and unless these people are fishaholics I donít see him being long term whatsoever.

Tina Wesson
Previous Season: Survivor Australian Outback, All-Stars
I am excited to see Tina back as well and although she has a ready made target on her being a prior winner, that didnít stop Sandra. I would suspect Tina will also be viewed as a well regarded ďvetĒ of the game and she should be able to get along rather well with most of her tribe mates. I donít necessarily know she would trade places with her daughter (I feel the husband/wife dynamic will be more utilized in terms of RI as a general mindset although I suspect that we may see some curve balls depending upon the circumstances

Tyson Apostol
Previous Seasons: Tocantins, Heroes vs Villains
I actually always liked Tyson and am glad to see him back as well. He and Gervase could end up being quite a fun pair and I donít see any real reason that he should go anytime soon. Would he go to RI for his girlfriend? With Tyson, Iím not sure he would but that remains to be seen. I would suggest that a prior winner in Aras or a contestant such as Rupert would be on the chopping block well before Tyson and Coltonís personality is certainly more abrasive than Tysonís ever was so I donít see any real danger for him early on

LOVED ONES

Vytas Baskauskas
Brother of Aras Baskauskas
Other than the threat of being a strong male, we have no way of knowing how Vytas may do but being tied to Aras may be problematic for Vytas. If he was smart, he should hitch his wagon to Tinaís daughter so the prior winnersí relatives stick together.

John Cody
Husband of Candice Woodcock
Other than the fact that I would imagine John switching places with Candice should she go to RI, there is nothing to determine an early problem for John. However, there is no question that every Husband would want to be chivalrous and that may set both Husband and Wife in a dangerous position

Caleb Bankston
Boyfriend of Colton Cumbie
If Caleb is anything like Colton, he may be in for an early boot but the jury is out on this well and there is nothing that would make me think Colton would swap with Caleb if he got to RI

Marissa Peterson
Niece of Gervase Peterson
If Marissa is anything like Gervase, she may blend in nicely and get along well with the majority.

Hayden Moss
Boyfriend of Kat Edorsson
Hayden, a winner of Big Brother and now trying his hand at Survivor. Hayden is a sure fire bet to be a merge threat but may be an asset early on. However, should Kat face RI, he may be a boyfriend to take her place believing he could win at RI and his plans go awry

Ciera Morett Eastin
Daughter of Laura Morett
Depending on the dynamics, Ciera may not have anything to be concerned about but like with everyone else, it is going to be very difficult to speculate with all the twists this season

Brad Culpepper
Husband of Monica Culpepper
There is no question that Brad also would switch with Monica should she end up on RI so with that caveat, his plans could be turned upside down. Other than that, I would assume someone will know what his former profession is. Would that be a positive or negative for him?

Laura Boneham
Wife of Rupert Boneham
Laura is almost as famous as Rupert and if strategy is implemented to get Rupert to RI, would Laura be a victim on her tribe? In this group, she may also have problems if physically she canít hold her own with the others since we know costing your tribe a challenge is an easy reason to boot someone

Katie Collins
Daughter of Tina Wesson
Again, will a former winnerís relative be targeted due to that reason or are all bets off and it doesnít have any factor this season? She, like the other younger ladies may blend in and get along well with everyone and a few episodes should reflect that

Rachel Foulger
Girlfriend of Tyson Apostol
No reason to suspect Rachel will initially do poorly but once again, the dynamics of this season with the twists make it hard to foresee who may go initially. Only as their edits develop, will it be easier to determine.

Enjoy the opening and get to editing and naturally feel free to enlighten with all the great observations. This may be a very tricky editing season and the initial views on these contestants are solely based on typical Survivor premise.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Players, The Game, The Editing ...   VerucaSalt     09-13-13       
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   b1whois     09-13-13     1  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   PepeLePew13     09-13-13     2  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   michel     09-14-13     3  
     RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   tribephyl     09-15-13     4  
         RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   michel     09-15-13     5  
         RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   dabo     09-17-13     7  
             RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   television     09-20-13     9  
                 RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   jbug     10-10-13     34  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   kingfish     09-17-13     6  
   Week 1 observations   dabo     09-20-13     8  
   Quick Thoughts   Flowerpower     09-21-13     10  
     RE: Quick Thoughts   michel     09-21-13     12  
         RE: Quick Thoughts   Flowerpower     09-21-13     13  
   Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   michel     09-21-13     11  
     RE: Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   Flowerpower     09-21-13     14  
         RE: Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   michel     09-22-13     15  
             RE: Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   Flowerpower     09-22-13     16  
         RE: Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   MinnesotaMarathon     10-10-13     35  
             RE: Epiosode 1: This is Nuts   michel     10-15-13     43  
   eppy 2 discussion starts here...   b1whois     09-26-13     17  
   Episode 2 - Slow and Steady   michel     09-28-13     18  
     RE: Episode 2 - Slow and Steady   jobgirl     09-30-13     19  
     RE: Episode 2 - Slow and Steady   Flowerpower     10-01-13     20  
         RE: Episode 2 - Slow and Steady   michel     10-01-13     21  
             RE: Episode 2 - Slow and Steady   Flowerpower     10-02-13     22  
   Episode 3 - We're Not Playing Colto...   michel     10-05-13     23  
     RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   suzzee     10-07-13     24  
         RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   michel     10-07-13     25  
     RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   Flowerpower     10-07-13     26  
         RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   michel     10-07-13     27  
             RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   Flowerpower     10-08-13     28  
                 RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   CTgirl     10-08-13     29  
                     RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   michel     10-08-13     30  
                         RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   dabo     10-08-13     31  
                         RE: Episode 3 - We're Not Playing C...   Flowerpower     10-09-13     32  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   jbug     10-10-13     33  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   television     10-10-13     36  
   Episode 4 - Connections:   michel     10-12-13     37  
     RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   Flowerpower     10-15-13     38  
         RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   michel     10-15-13     40  
             RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   PepeLePew13     10-15-13     41  
                 RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   michel     10-15-13     42  
                     RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   Flowerpower     10-16-13     45  
     RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   suzzee     10-15-13     39  
     RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   dabo     10-15-13     44  
         RE: Episode 4 - Connections:   Flowerpower     10-16-13     46  
   Episode 5 - Threats and Assets   michel     10-19-13     47  
     RE: Episode 5 - Threats and Assets   Flowerpower     10-22-13     48  
         RE: Episode 5 - Threats and Assets   michel     10-23-13     49  
             RE: Episode 5 - Threats and Assets   Flowerpower     10-23-13     50  
   Episode 6 - Earning Trust:   michel     10-26-13     51  
     RE: Episode 6 - Earning Trust:   Flowerpower     10-29-13     52  
         RE: Episode 6 - Earning Trust:   michel     10-29-13     53  
             RE: Episode 6 - Earning Trust:   Flowerpower     10-29-13     54  
   Episode 7 - Looking Out For Number ...   michel     11-02-13     55  
     RE: Episode 7 - Looking Out For Num...   suzzee     11-02-13     56  
     RE: Episode 7 - Looking Out For Num...   mangrove     11-03-13     57  
         RE: Episode 7 - Looking Out For Num...   michel     11-03-13     58  
         RE: Episode 7 - Looking Out For Num...   Flowerpower     11-05-13     62  
     RE: Episode 7 - Looking Out For Num...   Flowerpower     11-03-13     60  
   Ep 7 thoughts...   Flowerpower     11-03-13     59  
     RE: Ep 7 thoughts...   michel     11-04-13     61  
   Episode 8 Observations   Deitaphobia     11-07-13     63  
     RE: Episode 8 Observations   television     11-07-13     64  
         Well ...   Georjanna     11-07-13     65  
   Episode 8: For Smart Players: Nothi...   michel     11-09-13     66  
     RE: Episode 8: For Smart Players: N...   Flowerpower     11-13-13     67  
   Episode 9 - It Isn't Easy To Get To...   michel     11-16-13     68  
     RE: Episode 9 - It Isn't Easy To Ge...   mangrove     11-17-13     71  
         RE: Episode 9 - It Isn't Easy To Ge...   michel     11-18-13     73  
     RE: Episode 9 - It Isn't Easy To Ge...   Flowerpower     11-17-13     72  
         RE: Episode 9 - It Isn't Easy To Ge...   michel     11-18-13     74  
   RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   Tyrone Slothrop     11-16-13     69  
     RE: The Players, The Game, The Edit...   michel     11-17-13     70  
   Episode 10 - Making Moves   michel     11-23-13     75  
     RE: Episode 10 - Making Moves   jobgirl     11-25-13     76  
     RE: Episode 10 - Making Moves   suzzee     11-25-13     77  
     RE: Episode 10 - Making Moves   Flowerpower     11-26-13     78  
         RE: Episode 10 - Making Moves   michel     11-26-13     79  
         RE: Episode 10 - Making Moves   bbaper     11-26-13     80  
   Episode11 - Mom Power:   michel     11-30-13     81  
     RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   tribephyl     12-01-13     82  
         RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   michel     12-01-13     83  
             RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   tribephyl     12-03-13     86  
                 RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   michel     12-03-13     87  
     RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   CTgirl     12-02-13     84  
     RE: Episode11 - Mom Power:   suzzee     12-02-13     85  
   Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   michel     12-07-13     88  
     RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   mimo     12-07-13     89  
         RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   michel     12-07-13     90  
             RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   jobgirl     12-07-13     91  
     RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   suzzee     12-09-13     92  
         RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   michel     12-09-13     93  
     RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   CTgirl     12-10-13     94  
         RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   michel     12-10-13     95  
     RE: Episode 12 - Pure Poetry   Flowerpower     12-10-13     96  
   Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   michel     12-14-13     97  
     RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   Flowerpower     12-15-13     98  
         RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   suzzee     12-15-13     100  
         RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   PepeLePew13     12-15-13     101  
     RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   suzzee     12-15-13     99  
         RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   michel     12-15-13     102  
             RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   PepeLePew13     12-15-13     103  
                 RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   Flowerpower     12-22-13     104  
                     RE: Episode 13 - The Lap Dog:   michel     12-23-13     105  
                         Jump the Shark   suzzee     12-24-13     106  
                             RE: Jump the Shark   michel     12-24-13     107  
                                 RE: Jump the Shark   suzzee     12-27-13     108  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •