The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"We Need to Talk"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-13, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"We Need to Talk"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-13 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

Specifically, about vote threads. I mean it, I am at a loss right now what to do about vote threads this season, or at least for the start of the season. Suggestions will be welcomed.

The cast has been revealed, and the twists announced. Get prepared for the most overly complicated got as far away from the original concept Survivor ever.

If Jiffy was tasked with making this one unspoilable, he failed. Vote threads, however, are going to be insane. Seriously, I mean it, I am fed up and don't know how to make comprehensible fun vote threads for this season. Help!

So, anyway, ten relative couples start the this time 39 1/2 day game. Day 0 each couple goes out to rough it with each other, then on the day 1 gathering the tribes are formed, returning players on one side, cannon fodder newbies on the other side. But there are twists.

Redemption Island is back. And this time a relative can substitute him/herself for a voted to RI player, with the voted to RI player joining the tribe of the sacrificial relative.

Madness, utter madness. Probst needs to quit trying to prove himself, he just keeps sinking further and further into the stoopid hole. Back to basics, wuzzat? It was a simple concept, who knew it could screwed up like this!

The Players

Galang (Returnees) Tribe

AB. Aras Baskauskas, musician, 31, California, Vytas' brother.
CW. Candice Woodcock Cody, physician, 33, DC, John's wife.
CC. Colton Cumbie, student teacher, 22, Alabama, Caleb's fiance.
GP. Gervase Peterson, cigar lounge owner, 43, Pennsylvania, Marissa's uncle.
KE. Kat Edorsson, student, 25, Florida, Hayden's supposed girlfriend because CBS wanted her back.
LM. Laura Morett (Laura M), construction company co-owner, 43, Oregan, Ciera's mother.
MC. Monica Culpepper, housewife, 42, Florida, Brad's wife.
RB. Rupert Boneham, charity politician, 49, Indiana, Laura B's husband.
TW. Tina Wesson, spokesperson, 52, North Carolina, Katie's mother.
TA. Tyson Apostal, cycle shop manager (former pro cyclist), 34, Utah, Rachel's boyfriend.

Tadhana (Loved Ones) Tribe

BC. Brad Culpepper, attorney (former NFL player), 44, Florida, Monica's husband.
CB. Caleb Bankston, post office manager, 26, Alabama, Colton's fiance.
CE. Ciera Eastin, student, 24, Oregon, Laura M's daughter.
HM. Hayden Moss, real estate (BB winner), 26, Texas, Kat's supposed boyfriend because CBS wanted him back.
JC. John Cody, physician, 30, DC, Candice's husband.
KC. Katie Collins, hedge funder, 25, New York, Tina's daughter.
LB. Laura Boneham (Laura B), merchandiser, 44, Indiana, Rupert's wife.
MP. Marissa Peterson, student, 21, North Carolina, Gervace's niece.
RF. Rachel Foulger, waitress/artist, 33, Utah, Tyson's girlfriend.
VB. Vytas Baskauskas, yoga instructor/math professor, 33, California, Aras' brother.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: We Need to Talk suzzee 09-03-13 1
 RE: We Need to Talk michel 09-03-13 2
   RE: We Need to Talk dabo 09-03-13 3
 RE: We Need to Talk tribephyl 09-04-13 4
   RE: We Need to Talk dabo 09-04-13 5
       RE: We Need to Talk Round Robin 09-18-13 6
           RE: We Need to Talk dabo 09-18-13 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-13, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: We Need to Talk"
Jiffy has it out for you, it's the only thing that makes sense.

With the RI factor and the chance of a switch making it complicated, I'd make it simple. Whoever is voted out at TC has the most votes.

Forget the RI factor, the switcher-roo complication and any other nonsense. So if they technically wind up on the other tribe, ignore it and make it simple. If they get the most votes at TC then that's who it is. It's the Vote thread, do the votes and leave Jiffy's minions to sort out the aftermath.

I should be watched....closely.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-13, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: We Need to Talk"
If there is a bootlist floating around then just forget about a vote thread. It's not a vote if the results are known beforehand.

09-03-13, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: We Need to Talk"
Heh, bootlists, what are that? From what I gather a contingient of Sucksters spent the summer generating false spoils hoping to embarrass or get missyea somehow, it's just absurd. But I haven't bothered checking there in a month or more. For every "guess what I found out/saw/whatever" there seem to be dozens of counter-claims.

I don't trust bootlists anyway and neither should anyone else.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-13, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: We Need to Talk"
Well, it's either all about the votes or it's about the burnt buff.
It's MUCH easier to pick which of three will have to burn their buff (which seems to also be the main impetus behind the "bootlists") but much harder to figure out who gets voted out.

But you could do both.
Out of the tribe:
Out of the game:

09-04-13, 11:07 AM (EST)
5. "RE: We Need to Talk"
Going with the voted out idea has its merits, as nominally those voted out deserve to be out rather than going to Redemption Island. But I dislike the idea of abondoning the out of the game for real aspect of the vote thread. And one glance at TDT's current (speculative) S27 calendar shows the big problem: What does voted out mean?

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s27/calendar.htm

Cycle 1
Day 0: 20 people go camping out in pairs. (20)
Day 1: Tribes formed, two evicted "Palau-style." (18-2) How do two end up last picked (not picked) for pre-ordained tribes? If not a vote it would have to be by some sort of challenge.
Day 3: RC/IC, one voted out. (17-3)

Cycle 2
Day 4: RI duel, one eliminated. (17-2)
But that isn't one of three eliminated as relatives still in the game can basically vote themselves out to spare their relatives at RI, so there are six potential losers of that duel.

How often and when do the relatives still in the game get to make that decision, is it one and done or perpetual as long as their relatives are at RI?

Madness madness madness and more madness. (Again, of course, TDT's calendar is speculative.)

I have to consider doing away with the subject header voting system this season, just posing a series of questions each week for everyone to answer in message. New rules? We'll need some talliers willing to sort through the madness.

One thing for certain, Probst is way down at the bottom of my lvoe list this entire season.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-13, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: We Need to Talk"
You should have stuck with the TC voteout and forgot the rest. For all its flaws in this f---ed up season, that would have been the simplest solution, and one should at all times obey the KISS principle, without fail.

The vote thread as it stands now is too much like work for something that was supposed to be fun. It would have been better done away with. I will abstain until it can be returned to its original form.

09-18-13, 02:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: We Need to Talk"
Oh well, gave it a shot. Fortunately it is ep 1 that is most messed up by the lousy twists. It is going to be a horrible season, finished off with Probst trying his best to make an even worse reunion show than last time.

Fortunately, TVG reran Borneo in a marathon recently, that was so fun! Got my battery recharged.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •