The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"grasping at straws"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

wordman68 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-06-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wordman68 Click to send private message to wordman68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"grasping at straws"
Hello, 1st itme poster...been watching everyone else for as while. Looking for help on EP 7 info..and was wondering, since MB has told us that the same mistakes were made this time as in S1, just wondering who was voted off in the 1st TC after the merge? Just wondering if there may be a pattern here. Also, anyone seen any new trailers for this weeks EP? I have seen the ones of Lis looking cold and wet...probably IC....Does anyone else think this weeks IC is the endurance test of who can stay standing the longest on the platform in the water? I say it must be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: grasping at straws SurvivorCat 03-06-01 1
   RE: grasping at straws Play2Survive 03-06-01 2
 RE: grasping at straws wordman68 03-08-01 3
   RE: grasping at straws kdzrgon 03-08-01 4
       RE: grasping at straws Play2Survive 03-08-01 5
           RE: grasping at straws kdzrgon 03-08-01 6
               RE: grasping at straws mistofleas 03-08-01 7
               RE: grasping at straws Play2Survive 03-08-01 8
                   RE: grasping at straws kdzrgon 03-08-01 10
           RE: grasping at straws frogspit 03-08-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorCat 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-06-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorCat Click to send private message to SurvivorCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: grasping at straws"
I am not sure about SI, but this does look like they will be standing on those platforms, if I remember correctly - girls seem to do better at those balancing tests. So maybe Skinny Scarry Jerri has an advantage. - I think Keith goes this week.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: grasping at straws"
Grethen was voted off this episode last season. The closest match to Gretchen would probably be Colby, a physical strong member and leader of tribe. However, MB's comment was general - not specific to E7, so I doubt it has any direct relevance.

wordman68 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wordman68 Click to send private message to wordman68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: grasping at straws"
ok, so now we know that the IC is the stand on the pole in the water thing....now balance and endurance are very important. Can anyone remember who did very well during the water torture challenge carrying the buckets and walking the beam? seems like whoever did well there may have an edge, balance wise....I seem to remember Alicia falling off quite a few times, anyone else remember who else did well, or poorly? And obviously Colby has a lot of endurance, we saw that at the same challenge, holding all the water....

kdzrgon 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzrgon Click to send private message to kdzrgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: grasping at straws"
Balance is important, but so is mental fortitude (such as Alicia, Colby, maybe Nick), and stamina - Kuchas have been eating & sleeping better. The day is cloudy with a high temp. only in the mid-70s - <http://members.tripod.com/avianado/ss2_weather_tracker_nov__1_thru_nov__15.htm#day_22>
- once your body gets chilled and starts to shiver, I imagine it's all over but the shoutin' - you wouldn't be able to hold your balance. We've seen both Amber & Elizabeth shivering - they'd be at a disadvantage here, as might Tina & Jerri.
More muscle mass helps keep your metabolism up, thus heating your body. Again, Alicia, Colby and Nick (maybe Keith, too) all have good muscle definition, coupled with enough body mass to prevent chilling quite so quickly.

I don't see either Jeff or Jerri staying still long enough to outlast the others here. Roger has more mass, but less muscle and a slower metabolism (age a factor here, & will affect Tina, too).

Bottom line, my vote would have to go to Alicia - more compact body (helps w/ the balance), good strength, better nutrition, mentally strong.

03-08-01, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: grasping at straws"
I disagree. While it's true that muscle mass will keep you warm, I don't believe that is the thing we should be looking at. This isn't Iceland after all - it's not that cold.

This is NOT a physical challenge, it is a mental challenge. With mental focus, anyone can win this - so I think it comes down to who wants it more. The ones who want it most will be the ones that fear they are at risk: Jerri, Jeff, Keith, maybe Colby. I'm favoring Jerri and Jeff.

03-08-01, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzrgon Click to send private message to kdzrgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: grasping at straws"
Play2survive,
Actually, we agree, at least in part: my very first comment was this is more a challenge of mental fortitude, though my estimation of which survivors benefit most differs from yours. Though I am not quite sure why you say Nick would fear he is at risk - he hasn't even received a vote against, has he? - I agree he might well have the mental strength.
The physical aspect is an "additional factor", but one I do not believe can be eliminated. I think Jeff may have a shot overall, but I somehow doubt he'd be able to stay that focused that long.

As to being cold, the temperature fluctuates dramatically there - they are sweltering mid-day, and in knit caps late evenings & early morning. That is a large variation for a human body to adapt to in a short time period, coupled with being wet, hungry and fatigued. After temperatures in the 100s, 70s can feel pretty cool, especially with the previous factors thrown in. I am pretty sure I've read that the challenges usually run into the late afternoons, but perhaps I am mistaken here.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: grasping at straws"
> I am
>pretty sure I've read that
>the challenges usually run into
>the late afternoons, but perhaps
>I am mistaken here.

I'm not sure of when they take place, but remember that we only see a small portion of the entire challenge. There was a spot on the Early Show (someone posted it on another thread, I'll try to find it) that has Jerri saying something like "look the sun is just coming up" or something like that. They could actually end up standing all night! Obviously it will have to be time lapsed for us, but I think everyone should consider not just strength and mental ablity, but falling asleep on your feet as well!

*I like the number 333...it's only half as evil.

03-08-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: grasping at straws"
>Though I am not quite
>sure why you say Nick
>would fear he is at
>risk - he hasn't even
>received a vote against, has
>he? - I agree he
>might well have the mental
>strength.

That's cool. But I didn't say Nick would think he's at risk. I only mentioned Jerri, Jeff, Keith and Colby.

>As to being cold, the temperature
>fluctuates dramatically there - they
>are sweltering mid-day, and in
>knit caps late evenings &
>early morning. That is a
>large variation for a human
>body to adapt to in
>a short time period, coupled
>with being wet, hungry and
>fatigued. After temperatures in the
>100s, 70s can feel pretty
>cool, especially with the previous
>factors thrown in. I am
>pretty sure I've read that
>the challenges usually run into
>the late afternoons, but perhaps
>I am mistaken here.

This is true. Austrailia has hot days and cool nights, with some rather busy fluctuations in between. It does look to be cold, BUT, if cold is to be expected, the Survivors would not all be naked. The men have their shirts off - this is certainly not required, they've chosen to be without their shirts. That suggests to me that the cold won't be a factor.

Well, whatever the case....I'm fascinated to see who ends up winning it.

03-08-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
10. "RE: grasping at straws"
<<That's cool. But I didn't say Nick would think he's at risk. I only mentioned Jerri, Jeff, Keith and Colby. >>

Oops! Sorry! Started gettin' bleary-eyed there.......
;)

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: grasping at straws"
> With mental focus, anyone can win this - so I think it comes down
>to who wants it more. The ones who want it most will be the
>ones that fear they are at risk: Jerri, Jeff, Keith, maybe Colby.

It could also come down to who most wants to -prevent- their opposing target from winning the IC. Any Kucha has an interest in lasting at least longer than Colby so he can still be targeted by their voting block. Once the targets (Jeff, Colby) have dropped, then the remaining players will drop almost immediately... the objective of -keeping- the target from winning having been accomplished and the ultimate under-the-radar IC winner becomes irrelevant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •