The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"House of Dreams - ep March 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"House of Dreams - ep March 8"
Another one gone. The surprise this week was the 3rd red hat. And now instead of getting rid of the ones they dislike they are getting rid of the sympathetic ones. They want to keep the disliked to stand beside for the final vote.

And the booted off now get $10,000 instead of $5,000. I was just glad that Tony got booted. Sorry. But I don't like people that go on these shows and then try and use sympathy to win. Everyone that goes on these shows wants to win. Trying to guilt the others into voting for you just doesn't work. And I really started to dislike Tony when he voted out John who he said was his best friend but God had told him to get rid of John. I am sure God had nothing to do with it.

I was with Matt on this one. Who is to say if they give Tony this home that he won't lose it too. And how would he pay the taxes and everything else needed for the upkeep of this house. The $10,000 is probably a better gift for Tony.

I remember Matt is the one that wants to give the house away. But his excitement about the vehicles makes me think that he isn't feeling the same about giving the cars away.

Interesting that the others think Flor is much nicer to be around without Jim there. Obviously without her sidekick she has to be nicer to everyone else. This is not the time to make enemies.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8 fnbdave 03-09-04 1
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8 mtopaz 03-09-04 2
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8 minitroll 03-09-04 3
   RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8 ginger 03-12-04 5
 RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8 bubbastan 03-09-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fnbdave 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fnbdave Click to send private message to fnbdave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8"
I love villians on these shows and I love Flor. It would serve her right to win the house. She played the game the bets and just wanted to win. I hope she is the last one standing!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8"
I wasn't sorry to see Tony go either. He lost my vote when he said God told him to vote off his friend John. Just be honest and say "I want him gone, so my chances of winning will be better." Don't try to dress it up and make it "pre-ordained!" puh leeze!

If it wasn't Tony, my second bootee choice would have been Viveca.

What other prizes do you think will be added in the next week or two? First year's homeowner's insurance paid by a firm with the Housekeeping Seal of Approval? New DVD/entertainment system? Riding lawn mower?

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-09-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8"
I was glad to see Tony leave too. Not only did he lose favor with me when he voted out John because "God told him to," but he also has absolutely no way to support the house. He says he's unemployed because his shoulder injury keeps him from doing lanscaping any more, but he doesn't seem to be looking into a new line of work. He also said that the $10,000 was going to go into their savings, but I thought they needed a place to live besides a homeless shelter?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8"
I spoke to God and He was really irritated at being misquoted - He didn't speak to Tony because he was too busy helping bad singers reach the final 12 on AI. I mean, the Guy can't be EVERYWHERE at once, can he? (Well, he's God, so I guess He can).

Joan of Arc sends *waves* to everyone.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: House of Dreams - ep March 8"
I totally agree with your take on the Tony ejection, Loree. The further Tony went into the game, the more that various parts of his story ended up not adding up.

In order to pay taxes, utilities, maintenance, insurance, etc. on a home, a person needs to have a sufficient and reliable source of income. This is something that Tony certainly seemed to be lacking. It seems unreasonable to assume that as a former homeowner, Tony himself didn't consider these realities of home ownership. His team mates ultimately did, and I don't blame them for a minute. If I spent the time and energy needed to help build the house, I sure wouldn't vote to give the house to someone who was likely to either end up losing it due to failure to pay the required taxes or to end up not being able to afford to maintain it.

Another aspect of Tony's story which didn't make sense was his reason for quitting his landscaping job. If his shoulder injury was chronic in nature, as his comments lead us to believe, wouldn't the injury have been apt to reoccur during the many physical tasks required to build the house? The only time that it seemed to bother him was when he injured it playing volley-ball. Why wasn't it a problem during the other building and landscaping tasks that he was required to do?

Lastly, his comment concerning putting the $10,000.00 check into "savings" was troubling. If he and his family are forced to live in a homeless shelter, I would think that the first thing he would want to do would be to use the money towards securing a more permanent dwelling for his family.

And don't even get me started on the "God told me to vote out John" malarky.....

Besides the Tony issue, I found some other aspects of this episode pretty interesting as well. For the first time, Flor and Mike actually seemed to be getting along. Dare I say it, they actually seemed friendly towards eachother. Flor bounced back much better than I thought she would after Jim's ouster. In fact, she seemed to get along well with almost everyone and they with her. She only seemed to hold a grudge and have ill-will towards Naomi.

Naomi was first edited as basing her vote on who she thought was worthy of winning the house if she couldn't. She looked like she had very little to offer in terms of a strategic game plan. However, by the end of the episode, she was shown as thinking strategically and moving with Matt towards getting rid of the main jury competion. Interesting turn-about in the space of just one episode...

Matt is quickly turning into the real "playa" of the bunch, something that was alluded to in previous episodes but never really brought into the forefront like it was this week.

Meanwhile Mike is being edited in a manner that suggests that he is only there for entertainment value. It was pretty funny to see how much he lost it when faced with the red hat. This week's episode really seemed to focus on him as being very immature and not up to the responsibilities of home ownership. If things remain unchanged in the coming weeks, I'd be very surprised to see anyone seriously consider him as the potential house winner.

Viveca is still pretty much the wild card. She seems not to have any feel for the dynamics and leanings of her competition, and they don't seem to know where she's going. She seems ripe to be exploited as someone's pawn.......

Interesting week, all in all.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •