The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-17-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
1. Fantasia Burrino
Girlfriend finally earns Diva of the Week with a truly Tiara-worthy performance. In a pink backless halter dress (with sequined gathered o-rings at the breastbone and collarbones) and exquisite chandelier earrings, she was simply stunning. And the unflattering hard hairline I have complained about in the past was gone, replaced with starkly highlighted extensions. Her teary eyed rendition of ‘Summertime’ (belted to the sky while kneeling plaintively on the stage floor) was showy, glamorous, and nothing short of FIERCE. You go girl! (She still needs to work on those teeth, though… I have two words for you, Fantasia: Porcelain. Veneers.)

2. LaToya London
LaToya got the full Diva treatment from Fox this week, complete with halo lighting and the patented Clay Aiken circle-cam. Her short hair is also highlighted now which only seemed to make her freakishly white teeth (are you listening, Fantasia?) pop even more. And while I loved her fitted black slacks and strappy black tank, I do have a couple of minor quibbles with her ensemble. First of all, she borrowed Fantasia’s ‘Something About Mary’ earrings from last week. Secondly, she wore an odd adornment that appeared to be part jewelry, part garment… sort of like the bastard stepchild of a necklace and a vest. Next time, LaToya, leave the designing to the professionals, and leave the ‘Neckvest’ at home.

3. Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer was classy and a bit more understated this week, in a long basic black dress and strappy heels. With her hair softened and wavy, and her makeup a bit toned down, she was the ‘kindler, gentler’ Jennifer this week, and I for one liked it. (Still not happy with the earring choices, though, girl. This week she wore a spacy series of interlocking hoops that reminded me of planetary orbit rings.)

4. Diana Degarmo
Simon had it pegged this week, Diana is just too young for this kind of mature song and look. In truth, she seemed like a little girl doing her best to be a woman in her mom’s finest outfit. The shirred black asymmetrical dress and black strappy heels were just fine, and her newly-blonde wavy hair fell softly on her shoulders. Blah, blah, blah. There was nothing wrong with the look, per se, it just didn’t seem like Little Diana belonged in it.

5. Jasmine Trias
Jasmine was much too casual this week, especially when compared to the elegance of the other finalists. In low-rise jeans, a rhinestone belt and matching bracelet, a pink cotton crop top, pink pointy flats, and her ubiquitous pink Plumeria, she looked like she was ready to go to work behind the cosmetics counter at the Honolulu Fashion Plaza, not sing live in front of millions. You’re beautiful, Jasmine, and you’re singing a timeless classic. Dress appropriately!

6. John Stephens
I hate to rank John this high, but let’s face it, he looked pretty decent this week. In a (slightly too large) white tux jacket, untucked white tux shirt and dark jeans, he was sporting the elegant/casual combination that is cutting edge in current fashion. (I still want him out next week.)

7. George Huff
George’s look this week was as uninspired as his song choice. In a dull-as-toast gray suit, and gray/black/cream vertical-striped sweater, he attempted casual elegance and failed. We prefer the funkier, looser George, who wore more interesting colors and patterns. Bring him back next week, please.

8. Jon Peter Lewis
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! In black slacks, black clompy patent leather shoes, a black cotton jacket that resembled the hideous Members Only style, and a too-tight burgundy T with a rainbow of text, his look was a crashing bomb. He even looked like he had… dare I say it… a belly. (Shudder at the thought.) In fact, JPL’s first bad fashion week also became his last week on the show. Perhaps people are finally voting appropriately! On looks alone!

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Cumulative Rankings:
1. LaToya London 1.8 (2, 1, 2, 2, 2)
2. Jennifer Hudson 2.8 (4, 2, 4, 1, 3)
3. Jasmine Trias 3.8 (1, 4, 3, 6, 5)
4. George Huff 4.4 (3, 3, 5, 4, 7)
5. Fantasia Burrino 4.6 (5, 5, 7, 5, 1)
6. Diana Degarmo 6.8 (9, 8, 6, 7, 4)
7. John Stephens 8.2 (7, 9, 10, 9, 6)

R.I.P.:
8. Jon Peter Lewis 4.5 (6, 6, 1, 3, 8)
9. Camille Velasco 8.9 (11, 11, 9, 8)
10. Amy Adams 8.3 (10, 7, 8)
11. Matt Rogers 11 (12,10)
12. Leah LaBelle 8 (8)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... greenmonstah 04-17-04 1
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... shedevil 04-17-04 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... strid333 04-17-04 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... zombiebaby 04-17-04 4
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... callalilly3000 04-18-04 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... idlegossip 04-17-04 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... rjrabbit 04-18-04 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... Breezy 04-19-04 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... Bebo 04-19-04 9
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... ginger 04-19-04 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (M... nailbone 04-21-04 11
 applause TeamJoisey 04-21-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-04 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

Thanks Larry...you should have some great things to work with Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer...I see some fierce "cat fights" in the near future vying for Top Diva!

Now please come to Boston and do something for Johnny Damon

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-17-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
I agree with a lot of your opinions but my top 5 goes to:
1. Latoya
2. Jennifer
3. Diana
4. Fantasia
5.JPL
*a white jacket never looks right on a man in my opinion*

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-17-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Thank you for enlightening us again.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"

> First
>of all, she borrowed Fantasia’s
>‘Something About Mary’ earrings from
>last week.

ROTFLMAO! Priceless!

>6. John Stephens
>
> (I still want him
>out next week.)

Out as of the competition or something else? (snickers)
>

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-18-04, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Larry,
I am new to the board, but I am looking forward to your reviews even more than the idol's jaded journalist where I used to see some interesting remarks. You've taken the prize as far as I'm concerned! I totally agree with you on John. Enough already. At least he shouldn't be able to hang in once the top 4 are left. (George, LaToya, Fantasia, Jennifer - in no particular order). Thanks for a lively, interesting look at the week's performances.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-18-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Very funny as usual. Keep um coming. I look forward to reading your posts.

When I saw those earrings on LaToya and started laughing. My husband asked me what was so funny and I tried to explain the "Somthing about Mary" comment when Fantasia wore them but I'm not as funny as you and it kind of fell flat.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
You’re beautiful, Jasmine, and you’re singing a timeless classic. Dress appropriately!

Thankyou! I thought the same thing.

*smooch* loved all of it Larry.

Just say no to trolls.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Some folks might be in a better mood because it's spring, but for me, having a weekly dose of Larry boosts my spirits even more.

*smoosh*

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
I was hoping you'd include a summation of Quentin's Dork About Townwear, but close to perfect is pretty darn good. Thank you as always.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week Five (Movie Themes)"
Hey, Larry, check your email!

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "applause"
love ya larry

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •