The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: Sort of ... "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-29-12, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of ....."
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-12 AT 11:51 PM (EST)

Pepe,

Thank you for your quick reply. And I do apologize for taking so long to get back to you. It’s been the usual Christmas madhouse here. But, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Now …

My short answer to your question is an emphatic “Yes!. But I hope we can have fun with the long answer for the entire Survivor: Caramoan Season. And I’ll be back shortly to get started with that - long answer.

Because I certainly do think that Astrology’s Sun and Moon Profiles and their analysis can be enormously useful in our efforts to predict the behaviors of individual Survivors and their potential for success/failure at pivotal points within a given Season. In fact, I think that nothing less than priority access to the end product of the Survivors’ psychological profiling and to the show’s archival performance charts would be more effective.

As OFG says in a post below, “The Sun and the Moon are the real nature of the self. Survivor tends to strip people down to their core, so the sun and moon signs really are useful.” And I am so grateful that OFG has decided to post to the topic. Because her contributions will be so much better informed – and orthodox – than my own Survivor-centric offerings.

However, I'm certain that everyone is pretty much prepared for the fact that I’m not about to let the quality of my opinions stand in the way of my offering a quantity of them ...

In the meantime, your wish is my command …

Post #13 still contains, as it did, the Names, the Elements and the Sun and Moon Signs for the Survivor: Caramoan Favorites

But, Post #14 now contains the Profiles for all of the Earth Signs: Capricorn (Cochran and Corinne), Taurus (Malcolm and Andrea) and Virgo (Absent from the Favorites)

And Post #15 now contains the Profiles for all of the Water Signs: Cancer (Dawn), Scorpio (Francesca and Brenda) and Pisces (Phillip)

Post #16 now contains the Profiles for all of the Fire Signs: Aries (Absent from the Favorites), Leo (Absent from the Favorites) and Sagittarius (Erik)

And Post #17 now contains the Profiles for all of the Air Signs: Libra (Brandon), Aquarius (Absent from the Favorites) and Gemini (Absent from the Favorites)

I've also put in links to the Favorites individual Moon Signs.

And while the Profiles paint the Zodiac’s twelve personalities with a broad what-to-look-for brush, it is the personalities acting and reacting within the Game that furnish the finer, what-you-have-seen-is-what-you-are-most-likely-to-see , Survivor-specific, patterns of traits and behaviors.

So, with the Profile for each Sign, there is now a list of its natives who have played the Game from Season One thru Twenty-Two. Note: I am in the process of identifying the Signs for Seasons 23- 25. And I would rather be accurate about less than wrong about more.

But before I leave for a few hours, I’d like to make a suggestion, if I may?

Survivor is won or lost as a social contest, so, when you read through the twelve lists of names, put aside the Survivors' genders, races, ages and physical attributes and try to think of each individual’s relationship to the others vis a vis only their shared social identity (intrinsic traits and behavioral patterns) – Capricorn, Aries, Gemini, Leo, etc. - and your memories of how each of them played the Game.

Because perhaps if Malcolm had been familiar with this portion of the Gemini Profile –

“Gemini, the Sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory …

Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful – provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts

(B)e warned that like chameleons, they absorb and reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

– and had he been able to look at Lisa and see Tyson, he wouldn’t have “misread” that “church lady” so badly …

Just one more quick note about shared patterns …

Six years ago (when I posted the first Signs …) either KO or OFG or Scarlett or FP – I spent some time last night looking for the quote and couldn’t find it – pointed out that it was Vecepia’s (Sagittarian) ability to adapt quickly to the circumstance of multiple tribes and alliances during a Season that failed to produce stable relationships - Sagittarians have a knack for being able to go and never look back – that won her day.

And even though I haven’t watched it, that description of Vecepia’s swath through the Marquesas was certainly on my mind as I watched the Sagittarian Denise play what I imagine was much the same game in the Philippines.

G

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival: Sort of ...   Georjanna     12-16-12       
   RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-17-12     1  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   PepeLePew13     12-17-12     2  
         RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-20-12     4  
             RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-20-12     6  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-20-12     9  
             RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   PepeLePew13     12-22-12     26  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-29-12     32  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     01-03-13     37  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     01-03-13     38  
                 Some Fun Shorthand ...   Georjanna     01-04-13     39  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-18-12     3  
         RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-20-12     5  
             RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-20-12     8  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-21-12     11  
                     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     12  
             RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-20-12     10  
         RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-20-12     7  
   RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     13  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     14  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     15  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     16  
     RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     17  
         RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-21-12     18  
             RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Georjanna     12-21-12     19  
                 RE: Signs of Survival: Sort of .....   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     20  
   S26 Faves Chinese Lunar Signs   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     21  
     A comparison of Chinese and Western...   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     22  
         RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Georjanna     12-22-12     24  
             RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   PepeLePew13     12-22-12     27  
                 RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     29  
                     RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Georjanna     12-31-12     34  
                     RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Georjanna     12-31-12     35  
             RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Outfrontgirl     12-23-12     31  
         RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Georjanna     12-22-12     25  
             RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     30  
                 RE: A comparison of Chinese and Wes...   Georjanna     12-29-12     33  
     RE: S26 Faves Chinese Lunar Signs   Georjanna     12-22-12     23  
     RE: S26 Faves Chinese Lunar Signs   Outfrontgirl     12-22-12     28  
     RE: S26 Faves Chinese Lunar Signs   Georjanna     12-31-12     36  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •