The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
From CBS:

WITH A MILLION DOLLARS ON THE LINE, THE FINAL FOUR CASTAWAYS SCRAMBLE TO SECURE THEIR SPOT IN THE FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES,” FOLLOWED BY THE LIVE ONE-HOUR REUNION SHOW, SUNDAY, DEC. 16

CHEAT TWEET: Who will be the next #SoleSurvivor? Find Out! Plus, see what everyone’s been up to on #Survivor finale 12/16 http://bit.ly/SjRQSt

"Million Dollar Question" — The final four survivors scramble to secure their place at the final Tribal Council. Meanwhile, a crucial reward challenge allows castaways to compete for a highly coveted advantage , on the special two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Sunday, Dec. 16 (8:30-10:30 PM, ET/7:30-9:30 PM, CT /8:00-10:00 PM, PT), followed by the live one-hour reunion show (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/9:30-10:30 PM, CT/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... SquidProQuo 12-13-12 1
   RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Georjanna 12-13-12 2
       RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... michel 12-13-12 3
       RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Sheldor 12-13-12 4
           RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... dabo 12-13-12 5
               RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Sheldor 12-14-12 6
 RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Outfrontgirl 12-15-12 7
   RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... dabo 12-15-12 8
       RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Outfrontgirl 12-15-12 9
           RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... dabo 12-16-12 10
               RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Q... Outfrontgirl 12-17-12 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-12, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Re the "highly coveted advantage:" Wow, so this makes the F4 RC very important. Will it be an advantage in the immunity challenge? What else could it really be? Have they ever done something like this at F4...seems like a huge advantage. Not sure I like it.

Re the Million Dollar Question title:

- My first thought was, someone says this at the FInal TC. I.e., I'll give the $1 million to whomever best answers my question.

- Other thought was, maybe it's about whether Malcolm/Denise will remain loyal to each other. If Malcolm or Denise wins immunity, I could see the other one saying this, i.e., will my ally remain loyal to me and vote for a tie? Or throw me under the bus? That's the million dollar question.

Other ideas?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-13-12, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Squid,

At the Final Three Reward Challenge during Panama/Exile Island, Terry won a protein-packed meal and/or comfy bedding (at least, I seem to remember bedding and pillows) as what was billed as an 'Advantage' going into its last Immunity Challenge.

And I think that that sort of 'Advantage' has appeared in the last Reward Challenge in one or two other Seasons. But I wouldn't swear to it ...

G

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-12, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
You have it right, G. Terry won the advantage but it really didn't help. If anything, eating more made him gain a pound or so which was a disadvantage on those lilly pads!

There has been other rewards challenges in Finales but I don't remember if any were announced as advantages.

Sheldor 4603 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-13-12, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Georjanna wrote:

>At the Final Three Reward Challenge during Panama/Exile Island, Terry won
>a protein-packed meal and/or comfy bedding (at least, I seem
>to remember bedding and pillows) as what was billed as
>an 'Advantage' going into its last Immunity Challenge.

Yeah, it was a Protein Packed Meal Reward.

>And I think that that sort of 'Advantage' has appeared in
>the last Reward Challenge in one or two other Seasons.

Only other Reward Challenge before Final Immunity Challenge was Survivor China

Survivor China - Reward: Pizza, brownies, beer, and soft drinks

At the final Reward Challenge, Amanda won a food reward challenge. Given the choices of having the reward herself, sharing it with one person or sharing it with two people, she chose to split it with only Todd.

So both other times the Reward Challenge provided food advantage going into the Immunity Challenge. So probably it will be food again this time.

An Advantage in the Next Immunity Challenge (like skipping to the end, etc.) has almost always occurred at the Survivor Auction (except for Fiji where Boo won Advantage ripping meat off and into his plate) and here's the history:

S11E12 F6 Day 31: Guatemala @ Survivor Auction: Danni
S14E12 F7 Day 31: Fiji @ Reward Challenge: Boo
S17E10 F8 Day 28: Gabon @ Survivor Auction: Corrine
S19E11 F9 Day 27: Samoa @ Survivor Auction: Jaison
S24E10 F9 Day 26: One World @ Survivor Auction: Troyzan
S25E11 F7 Day 28: Philippines @ Survivor Auction: Abi

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-12, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
I guess Mike forgot about the Doritos and Mountain Dew he had in the Outback. Well, that was right before he fell in the fire. He's probably smart to not drink pop in real life, he'd probably cause a multi-car pile-up.

Boost reward will probably be beans & weenies, chips, beer, and a private cot for a night of flatulence.

Sheldor 4603 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-14-12, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
>I guess Mike forgot about the Doritos and Mountain Dew he
>had in the Outback. ...

VERY funny dabo! It's funny to think back to the sponsors and product placements of the early seasons compared to now with SPRINT, etc.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
My spec, FWIW ...

Here's the link to the video where Denise makes a proposal to Malcolm:
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/video?watch=6riq7daa8s

I kept having a hard time finding it amidst all those vidcaps! (Thanks CBS for doing the opposite of usual with the Finale, and showiering us with info, and thanks to you who posted them.)

So I agree with those who spec this is after RC. The IC is "tomorrow" and Malcolm's heart is still pounding. Denise says his chances of winning IC are HUGE. Not good, huge.

I don't think that any kind of meal would give him a HUGE advantage, and further the winner of a meal typically goes right away, but Denise and Malcolm are fetching water.

Certainly she didn't win and share a meal with him, because then they would both have the "advantage."

Also she's not using any leverage, which she would have if she had just fed him and shared with him.

And she doesn't have the challenge advantage, or she wouldn't be selling his HUGE chance to win.

I know this is all obvious stuff but wanted to make a list.

This seems to tell us he won the advantage, and we see that he looks pretty cocky, like he is in the power position.

Yes, this does give Denise a total license to vote him out. But she may not win the immunity either. All that is needed is for Malcolm not to win, for there to be an opening to vote him out.

At the time of this clip, Denise says she needs to scramble and get a plan together. Her plan will need to work with Malcolm winning immunity, at this stage, because she thinks he will.

What can she really do, though? Drive a wedge between Mike and Lisa so that she gets the chance to tie it up? Not at all likely to happen. If Malcolm wins immunity, I don't think she has any shot without Malcolm's help.

However, she can certainly go to SkupSa and propose she will vote with them to get rid of huge threat Malcolm. Lisa should be all over that. With that, all three are very motivated to outlast Malcolm in the challenge.

We saw Skupin win the merge challenge, which required a lot of steadiness, so I think he is also a contender for this. Denise or Skupin.

If Denise wins immunity, there won't be much suspense, because she has no reason to tie it up for Malcolm, as noted. And Skup and Lisa have no moral dilemma.

If Skupin wins immunity, there will be suspense, because it will be Mike and Lisa doing the waffle over keeping their F3 commitment from last time or getting out the one they think will beat them.

For that reason, given the way the editing has been setting up this pair as making some sort of choice between the easier path and keeping their word, I lean towards Skupin (or Lisa) winning the IC.

But Denise certainly has the will to win it, and there could be a certain amount of entertainment derived from watching Malcolm eating crow and asking her to give him the shot to make fire.

However, the fact we were shown this conversation really takes the loyalty factor out of it for Denise. She's at the bottom of the four, so she has no obligation to anyone.

If Skup and Lisa dump Malcolm, then he has more reason to vote for Denise to win.

I think Malcolm's stupid mistake is clear. He wins an advantage in the challenge (not a meal), and because he's so good at challenges anyway, he feels golden, and doesn't feel like he needs to reassure Denise. Fatal mistake, not to consider that Skupin and Lisa have an unshakeable alliance, and how much of a threat he's considered.

He should have been more humble, and said, let's make a pact where we both agree to take it to a tie, depending on who wins immunity. He could still have stabbed Denise in the back, but he would have covered his bases.

Boy this season's editing really emphasizes that it's a mistake not to make alliances that are offered to you, first Penner, now Malcolm.

12-15-12, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Carter and Denise won the merge challenge, which was keeping their lines from unreeling dropping their weights. Michael won the six balls balancing challenge.

The IC this time requires steadiness and arm strength (in terms of battling fatigue).

But yeah, Denise and Michael are the ones with the best chance to beat Malcolm, Lisa is going to hang in as long as she can and probably go out first.

Should Malcolm drop out leaving it between Denise and Michael, this becomes an opportunity to cut a deal.

12-15-12, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
I think Michael has very strong arms, and the balancing challenge proved he can be steady, but anyone can lose this challenge with a momentary lapse.

My comments were more handicapping it by the editing story. The same point reiterated over and over, what will Lisa choose, the more honorable route or the more likely path to victory.

That theme ought to be important to the conclusion. Yes, they voted Carter out, but the whole Abi as goat story went nowhere other than creating some doubt in her boot episode.

If Denise wins, IC, Lisa has no choice to make. Choosing Michael over Malcolm is both loyal and good gameplay.

The choice between Malcolm and Denise presents a dilemma -- because she did just pledge a F3 with Malcolm. That would bring this dominating storyline to a close. Ditto with Skupin, although he has been willing to flip all along.

I suppose the story could be that Lisa dithers over this moral choice for days and days and it never really matters, but that would be atypical for Survivor, to make the point that it all comes down to how the immunities roll.

12-16-12, 04:38 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
Twelve years ago (approximately) Michael fell in a fire and burnt his hands horribly, as we all know. Now he faces a challenge where hand-grip appears to be tremendously important (though actually that is elusive, lower arm strength and fatigue are actually determanitive).

Sto-ry!

But, yeah, I think Lisa and Michael fear Malcolm more as an FTC force than Denise. They agreed with his F3 proposal on reward simply because turning it down, telling him no, would have been stupid. What else could they say but yep (fingers crossed)?

As far as Denise betraying Malcolm in the end, some things you have to do for yourself. He wouldn't agree to give her that chance, she returnr it on him by not giving what he wouldn't give her. No tie-breaker.

12-17-12, 08:47 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep. 14 Title, "Million Dollar Question""
It was nice to call something right tonight. As I spec'd, the RC was for an advantage and not a meal, and Skupin did win IC like I thought he would. With both Denise and Malcolm vulnerable, Skupin and Lisa were responsible for who went to finals. (More Skupin than Lisa though.)

I didn't manage to convince anyone here though! Oh well.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •