The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-12-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
I am sick of Rebecca's attitude of constantly putting adam down. He is at least making an effort. When he said he can book the tickets and do something and she told him sit down, I would have just quit.

Ok, you don't like the guy, fine, but the race is still on and you will need his help to win.

Sorry, but she made me mad when she said hold my hand in the plane but other times just tells him she cannot stand him.

If I were Adam, i would sit back and do the tasks and if something goes wrong, hand it to queen #####!!!

He is a closey-queen, weenie but is trying to help the team. She is just a #####.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 So you are saying... KObrien_fan 01-13-05 1
   RE: So you are saying... volsfan 01-13-05 2
       RE: So you are saying... Cygnus X1 01-13-05 4
 RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... Tahj 01-13-05 3
   RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... ginger 01-13-05 5
       RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... escapedude 01-13-05 6
           RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... mikey 01-13-05 7
           RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... Tahj 01-13-05 8
   He doesn't know how Cathy the Canadian 01-15-05 9
 Rebecca...it is a game trigirl 01-19-05 10
   RE: Rebecca...it is a game HistoryDetective 01-19-05 13
 RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... Urban_Kitten 01-19-05 11
   RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is... volsfan 01-19-05 12
 They're both dumb as a bag of hamme... FesterFan1 01-19-05 14
   RE: They're both dumb as a bag of h... Urban_Kitten 01-19-05 15
   RE: They're both dumb as a bag of h... fandemonia 01-19-05 16
       RE: They're both dumb as a bag of h... Spider 01-19-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "So you are saying..."
Adam is a closet queenie weenie but Rebecca is a teeny meanie?

S9 LOTD Champion

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So you are saying..."
I have made fun of Adam for being such a wuss but I agree in that Rebecca is being mean to him. However, we don't their history and what Rebecca and Adam both have gone through to get where they are. Maybe Rebecca just realized that it is over with the two of them. It would be hard to be in that situation and not have some hard feelings.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So you are saying..."
As you say, VF, we certainly don't know the whole of it. But I wonder whether Rebecca could consciously saying, "It is so over between us!" to Adam, while giving other signals that say (or suggest) otherwise...or could be misconstrued by Adam that she's saying one thing but meaning another. Setting aside all the "Mary Adam" bits for a moment, guys as desirous as Adam usually don't go for the "just friends" line. (been there, done that!)

IOW, could it be the classic "Get away...now come here" scenario? Or is it that Rebecca knows she has to be with him only for the duration of this race, and no further?

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-13-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
It's being around Adam that's made her that way. Having to travel with someone who is so annoying all the time can drive you crazy and make you behave in ways you normally wouldn't.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
He seems to tap into her maternal side. I think she wants to kick him to the curb but her Inner Mommy is reluctant. At this rate, she could end up wanting to leave him and yet staying with him for the rest of their lives. If she's not careful, she'll be clipping his toenails soon.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-13-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
He is a pansi mommas boy and who knows why she stays with him. There whole "drama" relationship could all be just for show though.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-13-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

I have always been a little bit confused about their current dating status -- maybe they are too. Their caption on the CBS website is "formerly dating," which I take to mean that they broke up before the race. I didn't see any indication in their pre-race interviews that they were using this trip to decide if they could get back together. Instead it looks like, we like the show, we want to travel for free and hey maybe win some cash. In this sense, they appear to have a romantic relationship about as much as Tara and Will had a relationship at the time of their race -- not at all.

But Adam still occasionally seems to sort of but not really hit on her, and she gets annoyed because she sees them as just friends. This is sort of like the argument between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan in When Harry met Sally as to whether a man could ever really be just friends with a woman he finds attractive. When Sally says she has men friends and they don't want to have sex with her, Harry corrects her and says they do. Same here.

Or else Adam is just gay.

Anyway, I think Rebecca is hot and would probably be fun to be around, although I would have to admit she is not particularly bright. If Adam is heterosexual, he will never find anyone equal to her, and her so that is why he sort of hangs on although it would appear futile.

Edited to add -- Of course, he may find other hot women if he wins the half million at the end.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-13-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
They aren't really together in a relationship way. They are always described as formerly dating. It was basically convenient for them to be a couple so they could apply for the Race.

She has to stay with him for the duration of the race. She'll dump his åss after it's over.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-15-05, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "He doesn't know how"
He said he wanted to "learn this stuff". Now is not the time to learn how to buy plane tickets. Now is the time to let the team-member who knows what she's doing to handle things.

He was being a baby. She has to treat him like a child, as she says. I don't know how they were ever a couple.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-19-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Rebecca...it is a game"
Mary Adam has bothered me all along, but what the heck is up with Rebecca giving Jon and Kris the inside scoop about their flight. It would have served them right if they had not made it on the first charter. Is she trying to be nice to everyone else because she is to mean to Mary Adam all the time?!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rebecca...it is a game"
I think that Rebecca has looked around and seen the other men in the race (set Jonathan aside for a moment) and is really disappointed by who she has to work with. I think that is why she yielded Freddy and Kendra instead of Jontheass and Victimia. She wanted to get rid of a capable (if also annoying) team as part of her anguish over being stuck with Mary Adam.

a sig by syren

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
Although I suspect that the little testosterone Mary Adam has is tucked away in his hellboy horns for a rainy day, I am feeling more & more appalled at Rebecca's dealings with him. Clearly, if Mary Adam had divulged potentially critical flight information to another team in secret, Rebecca would have had those hellhorns for breakfast. He finally exhibited some initiative & actually did something that contributed to their showing in the race, and she gives it away to another team. Her constant berating & emasculation of Mary Adam (although somewhat entertaining)is ultimately destructive and mean. If she were a man speaking to a woman like that, we'd all be screaming (which we have with J & V). What does that say about us? Is their relationship dysfunctional? - absolutely. Is it 1-sided? - nope.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Adam is a weenie but Rebecca is plain mean."
I totally agree with you about Rebecca. I think she is in the relationship because she knows she wears the pants in the relationship! She wouldn't have it any other way!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "They're both dumb as a bag of hammers"
Jeez. How stupid is this team, anyway? First Rebecca hooks Kris and Jon up with the flight info. If there's one team they should all feel threatened by, it's that one. Maybe they would've come across that info by themselves, but why give it to them? Mary Adam may have expressed himself like a child, but he was essentially right.

Next they decide to yield Freddy and Kendra because Jonathan told them to? This was colossally stupid. You're yielding a team that is not going to be eliminated. You've just set yourself up for payback. There was no way on God's green earth that J/V was going to get back in time to beat F/K. And even if they had? How does that improve your standing in the race?

And to top it all off, Mary Adam runs off to the next village to find the monks...and Rebecca let him go. This guy (gal?) couldn't find his ass with both hands and a map (as evidenced by his total freak-out after the Roadblock, which, digression aside, was totally effing hilarious). And she let. him. go. Unbelievable. I don't care if they were convening with the Pope, she should've yelled at him across the field and chased him down if she had to.

Fvcking morons. The both of them.

Fester

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: They're both dumb as a bag of hammers"
Correct-o on all 3 counts.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

fandemonia 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-19-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fandemonia Click to send private message to fandemonia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: They're both dumb as a bag of hammers"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-05 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

I disagree with you on one point Fester...For the first time, I thought I saw some serious respect for another culture/religion/people/society from Rebecca when she did not yell across the sacred area...I was like, 'hey, that's pretty cool!" I know if it was Frendra, she would not have cared two bones about about what these sub-humans consider sacred and just blasted her whiny voice away...

I guess I just believe alot of things trump the chance at a million dollars...(like my self-respect, and others' respect)...another reason why I should never become a contestant!

I have to agree that she should have done SOMETHING!!!...tried harder to get his attention in other ways? Ran over to the other side and talked to him (or would that have been against the rules...I don't think so since I saw insider videos with Lena and Christy sitting on bales of hay talking...you are allowed to give direction to your partner...encouragement to them)...she shouldn't have just let him go to the monks village!!!?! Adam should perhaps have looked up and checked on what Rebecca's opinion on his movements were when he himself expressed misgivings about following the man to the village.(maybe this is the key to this incident? 'following a man'...I'll leave this to your avid imagination...looks like Adam got a bit sidetracked..;)

I think she just thought that they had such lead on both F/K and J/V...and too far behind the other two to catch up...so that their position was secure/unchageable...really stupid since the game is ALWAYS unpredictable as was proven by A/R getting lost and arriving 5th to the pitstop...that's my only explanation for her just standing there like an idiot!

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: They're both dumb as a bag of hammers"
I have to change my thread a bit. I still believe Rebecca is mean and vindictive. Telling Kris/Jon about the flight was more of a "accept me, look who is my partner" thing than anything else but they could not give a damn about her or hellboy.

Adam did well with the tickets but oh my god, read the friggin clue at the temple. When you walk out of the church there were about 100 religous gentleman wearing necklaces for gods sake, why walk to another village?

I think that next week their time is up. The show is starting to dipslay that teams who work toehter go well, and those who do ont, fall behind. (hayden & aaron this week compared to last week)

Whom do you think will take the holiday they won to Mexico?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •