The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8, "Dead Man Walking""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-12, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8, "Dead Man Walking""
Please post anything here regarding Episode 8 as it airs on the East Coast. Thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 1
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 2
 Previously on Survivor... Flowerpower 11-07-12 3
   RE: Previously on Survivor... michel 11-07-12 25
 Post intro.... Flowerpower 11-07-12 4
   RE: Post intro.... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 5
 Post RC: Flowerpower 11-07-12 6
   RE: Post RC: dabo 11-07-12 7
       RE: Post RC: michel 11-07-12 27
           RE: Post RC: dabo 11-07-12 29
               RE: Post RC: michel 11-07-12 32
                   RE: Post RC: dabo 11-07-12 35
                       RE: Post RC: michel 11-07-12 40
                           RE: Post RC: dabo 11-07-12 42
                               RE: Post RC: michel 11-07-12 45
                                   RE: Post RC: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 56
 Post RC, Pre IC Flowerpower 11-07-12 8
   RE: Post RC, Pre IC PepeLePew13 11-07-12 9
 STUPIDEST.MOVE.EVER Bebo 11-07-12 10
   RE: STUPIDEST.MOVE.EVER PepeLePew13 11-07-12 13
 RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 11
 BEST.TC.EVER Bebo 11-07-12 12
 Post IC, pre TC drama... Flowerpower 11-07-12 14
   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Flowerpower 11-07-12 17
       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 20
           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... jbug 11-07-12 33
               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Flowerpower 11-07-12 36
                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 37
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Flowerpower 11-07-12 39
                           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 43
                               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... SquidProQuo 11-08-12 54
                                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-08-12 61
               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 41
                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... dabo 11-07-12 46
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Brownroach 11-08-12 57
                       Skupin's tweets on Penner and TC PepeLePew13 11-08-12 59
                           RE: Skupin's tweets on Penner and T... SquidProQuo 11-08-12 67
   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Brownroach 11-07-12 26
       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 28
       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Flowerpower 11-07-12 30
           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 34
               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 44
                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 47
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... dabo 11-07-12 48
                           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-07-12 51
                               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... dabo 11-07-12 52
                                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-08-12 53
                               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... PepeLePew13 11-08-12 60
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 49
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... CTgirl 11-07-12 50
           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Brownroach 11-08-12 58
               RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... michel 11-08-12 62
                   RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... CTgirl 11-08-12 63
                       RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... Brownroach 11-08-12 65
                           RE: Post IC, pre TC drama... SquidProQuo 11-08-12 66
 The vote... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 15
   RE: The vote... Blind Freddy 11-08-12 74
 Red herring spoiler Bebo 11-07-12 16
   RE: Red herring spoiler dabo 11-07-12 19
 Night of Blabs dabo 11-07-12 18
 Next time on Survivor.... Flowerpower 11-07-12 21
   RE: Next time on Survivor.... PepeLePew13 11-07-12 23
 Tonight's game Bebo 11-07-12 22
   RE: Tonight's game Flowerpower 11-07-12 24
   RE: Tonight's game michel 11-07-12 31
 Winning Quote: michel 11-07-12 38
   RE: Winning Quote: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 55
       RE: Winning Quote: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 70
   RE: Winning Quote: Arnold_Lorax2 11-08-12 64
       RE: Winning Quote: byoffer 11-08-12 68
       RE: Winning Quote: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 69
           RE: Winning Quote: Arnold_Lorax2 11-08-12 71
               RE: Winning Quote: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 72
           RE: Winning Quote: PepeLePew13 11-08-12 73
               RE: Winning Quote: SquidProQuo 11-08-12 75
               RE: Winning Quote: Corvis 11-08-12 76
       RE: Winning Quote: Brownroach 11-09-12 77

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8, "Dead Man Walking""
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

Okay, that wasn't a very nice thing to say that about Mitt Romney, that he's "Dead Man Walking"...

Will there be a boot tonight? Because Mitt was voted off the island last night.

11-07-12, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8, "Dead Man Walking""
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

Heavy focus on Penner being the target during the TC, with Jeff Kent getting a confessional in the midst of this Penner-centric segment. Penner and Skupin talked it out and Skupin kept repeating that there's cracks out there and they should wait for the cracks to open up - then they shook hands in solidarity.

I'd say it doesn't look good for Kent tonight.

11-07-12, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Previously on Survivor..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

After the merge, Tandang had advantage, while they were settling in, Lisa found Malc idol, see Malc in conf: the church lady found it.... with tribes merged Penner went to work...with members of the other tribe. Jeff wanted to get rid of the returning players, last TC, Penner wasn't sure and played his idol, instincts were correct his alliance turned, RC blindsided, 10 left

At night, see snake, and Penner is talking to Jeff, he says they expected big numbers and they were n't there and everyone was wishy washy...now I can't use the idol and get Pete...

Penner says in conf it hurts because there are secrets behind your back. Penner seen asking Denise who she voted for, and she was honest...Jeff says Carter and I tried to save our own a$$, what do we do, go with a sinking ship? We had to save our own #####. Jeff Kent in conf: says he gave up alot of power and authority when I voted with them tonight, but I will try to gain it back...

Skupin talking with Penner alone: seen telling Penner, don't throw in the towel...there are cracks, and Skupin says I am not going home after you, lets' wait for a crack to expose before we decide what to do, and they shake.

Penners says, he has to take his foot off the gas, he has no alliances, everyone is equal, they are all ready to die...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Previously on Survivor..."
Unfortunately, Penner didn't step off the gas at TC when he proposed to form a new alliance.

11-07-12, 09:16 PM (EST)
4. "Post intro...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

See fish in schools, and dolphins...then Penner in the boat with Lisa and Abi, acting like the big white fisherman.Lisa in conf: everyone is down on penner because they don't want returning players, for my game, I want to stay with Tandang, but, once Penner and Skupin are gone, then Malc, Denise and I will target Pete, Artis, Abi

Lisa is talking to Jeff...She wants to talk with Jeff about Pete Artis and Abi....it would be fun to break that up. At tree mail, they see fish...Jeff says that Lisa is naiive and nice but we could use this to flip ourselves from the bottom to the top.

Going to RC:

divide into 2 teams, on go, one person race with rope to fish trap, then team pulls you back to shore with the fish trap, then find a key then use puzzle scrolls and flag up. Win bar b cue, ribs, lemonade ice tea, on a river boat cruise. blah blah

Teams: Blue: skupin, carter, abi, denise, artis

Lisa, Penner, Jeff, Denise, Malc

Abi and Jeff are in first, go and have to release the fish trap, then Jeff says go and they pull him in, Abi is coming in too, next one is Penner, big lead, now Pete is out, pull Penner in, Pull Pete in, Lisa is heading out, and then Lisa is slow, then Carter, Carter is passing, Skupin getting 4th and final fish trap, Lisa is being pulled in, now Denise for last trap, Denise is a serious player and skupin can't find the trap, the yellow team is back in lead, now skupin has his, now they start digging for the key, Malcolm and Artis are looking for the key and Artis has it. now Malc has it, now they have to work on scrolls, 8 of them figure which order they go in and put on thevertical puzzle frame. Penner and Jeff are nailing it, yellow is winning it, and they do, see them jumping and winning!

Afternoon picnic and cruise through the jungle...Malc, Jeff, Penner, Lisa, Denise win!

11-07-12, 09:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Post intro...."
Lots of soundbites from Abi criticizing Skupin's progress in the water and several camera shots of her displeasure at how things were going. Looks like they're ratcheting up Abi's role as villain of the season.

11-07-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
6. "Post RC:"
Reward: Picnic with Malc, Denise, Jeff, Lisa, and Penner. See beautiful scenary, day 20 back at camp...Abi says everything happens for a reason, Artis conf: I wanted that reward, I've been eating beeans and rice for 21 days Ill eat it some more....Carter and Abi talking saying you aren't going with Penner, Pete says that Abi has a big mouth, she's like a puppy...Pete says we have to get rid of Kalabaw. WE need to get rid of Penner and keep skupin for a while and then take out Jeff and then Carter, then Skupin. Pete says that Abi is immature, i'd like to vote her out, but in F3, she'll not get any votes.

Cut to reward and river cruise and eat...they are so happy, savor bite after bite, Denise says they were a very positive group, she feels badly for the ones at camp, but I am so happy to be here. They are so negative at camp.
Malc conf: says there is an evil three, Abi, artis, pete, and if you get on their bad side they are terrible. Penner is trying to turn this to his advantage. Easy for him to say when I am on the chopping block, but I have to point this out, he says: there must be a way to diffuse this, you can't live with radical bullies...Lisa (in conf is not just trying to get to the F5, she's trying to win, and she wants to get there with people that can't get more votes than her...same rules do not apply as they do in real life. In other words she is pointing out that it may be better to go with the "evil three" that aren't popular.

Wow, some great insight from Lisa.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Post RC:"
She certainly grasps the game, is that a shock?

11-07-12, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Post RC:"
She grasps the game so well that she just turned herself into a goat!!!!

11-07-12, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Post RC:"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

On the plus side, though, she's got Abi so wound up now that she will make herself so progressively unbearable that she, Abi, will become the biggest goat of all time, bigger even than Russtroll.

11-07-12, 10:29 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Post RC:"
Abi was always a goat though. Lisa was looked upon as being nice, the church lady. Now, she's lost everyone's trust.

11-07-12, 10:38 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Post RC:"
What part of making herself a goat to get to F3 with 2 of the awful 3 do you not grasp?

11-07-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Post RC:"
The part where the goats stick together.

11-07-12, 10:53 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Post RC:"
Yeah? Abi, Artis and Pete seem to have it planned out that they get themselves to F3 (despite the problem that Abi just doesn't know when to shut up). Shaking things up is a great tactic for Lisa, but really not a strategy in and of itself.

Anyway, when I made that grasp the game comment it was specifically about her reward confessional before commercial break, the rest of the episode had yet to play out. And I was wondering what the hyped shocker was going to be.

Got to admit, the hype this week was dead on, the episode got progressively more shocking after Penner won II.

11-07-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Post RC:"
I was also talking about her Post IC confessional when she said: "same rules do not apply as they do in real life" right after Malcolm had talked about an alliance of nice people.

She made it worse later on when she told Pete about Malcolm's idol.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-08-12, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Post RC:"
Wow, a TC that lived up to its hype!! Agreed, Lisa made a bad game move tonight in telling Pete. But the general audience is supposed to mainly blame that on Pete, not Lisa. Overall we're still supposed to like Lisa and root for her. And as Dabo and FloPo note, she had some great quotes and insights about the game tonight. Her edit might not be as golden as it originally was, but maybe that's not an entirely bad thing. The preview seems to show that she learns her lesson. Church lady gets some shades of gray and dimension. Still appears she's F3.

Even though I cannot begin to predict what happens next, I feel pretty certain that the following players have no chance at all of winning:

Pete = evil, "mastermind" of his own mind, stupid stupid move tonight...threw Lisa under bus for Malcolm, who was actually lying to him....almost went home, big target on his back, no chance at F3

Abi = most negative of the evil bunch, ugly edit, clear goat, slight chance of F3 but no way she wins. Hilarious comment from Pete tonight about how he'd love to vote her off except he knows he can beat her. And she outs her own HII when she didn't need to, wow.

Artis = irrelevant...evil alliance

Carter = who? Might Brett his way for a while longer but very doubtful as he's an easy next target / challenge threat

Malcolm = love him as a character, especially paired with Denise, but 1st doubt was his snuggly bunny ways...then he had a great merge edit which gave a little hope...but clearly not a good night tonight...smart move using his HII at TC but still overall frazzled and a big target now....we've seen his vulnerability, plus he already told us he can't win against Denise/Lisa

So who does that leave us?

The 2 veterans: Despite all the anti-veteran sentiment, they are looking pretty darn good...they have the "good guy" edit....we're supposed to pull for them as underdogs....yet in terms of game logic, they are goats...but a good kind of goat (vs. the Abi kind of goat). I think the ultimate irony could be when Kent votes in the final TC for one of these 2 guys.

Denise and Lisa: We've all talked plenty about them and their edits. Interesting that Denise's edit has been cooling down while Lisa's been heating up. Denise appears to be more sheltered from all the drama, which could be a good thing in the long run. But she's going to have to watch it, because at some point everyone else is going to wake up and see she's the huge jury threat that Malcolm's already pointed out. Lisa's flip flop and attempted big move gone wrong appears to have shot her in the foot in terms of jury votes, but still plenty of time to make it up. IDK, overall she still feels like a journey player edit to me, but yet she has such great game insights. Still don't have a complete handle on her.

Loving this season and all the wild surprises! Can't wait for next week.

11-07-12, 09:37 PM (EST)
8. "Post RC, Pre IC"
Basically, Pete wants to keep Abi because she's horrible, and so does Lisa, LOL.
Penner has hope he can point out to others that there are options.

Back to the show:

Day 22, Dangrayne: See skupin head out to snorkel, Lisa wakes, she is anticipating after Penner goes home, some one will see it's 5 - 3. She wants Skupin to see that they need to stay with Abi, Pete, she wants to point it out to him

Telling Skupin her plan: Everyone wants Skupin after Penner goes, but Malc has the HII, we have to get Pete on, Tandang has to hang together and then blindside Malcolm. Skup says what happens if Penner wins Immunity? Lisa says that skupin is her buddy. Penner tells them that he is winning immunity. Skupin says he is going to try so hard, a dog fight. Penner wants to stick it in their faces!

Cut to IC: Race over and under a series of obstacles collect puzzle peices, collect 3 bags and solve puzzle. First three advance.

Starting: See Penner...tering through knots, first abi, Jeff, Pete, Skup, Penner, everyone on bag 2, Pete first, then Jeff, Malc and skup, Artis next, working on 3rd bag, Pete then Jeff, one more spot, and it's Penner! Final round: race to empty bags of puzzle pieces and solve puzzle. Pete off to a quick start, then Jeff. Penner placing peices, trying to force. They are rooting for Jeff and Pete, not Penner. Penner falling a little behind. Now Penner is flying, Abi says come on Jeff, Penner on a roll, Jeff picking up pace, now Penner is doing it, Penner wins IC!!! They all look bummed, especially Lisa and Skupin, and Penner kisses the puzzle, it's the first time ever that he's won IC!. Hear Jeff Kent say, "what a joke!", See Skupin and Artis then Abi, Pete as he says after 22 days someone will be voted out tonight! Then see CARTER?

Hmmmm, not obvious to me that it will be Kent....?

11-07-12, 09:39 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Post RC, Pre IC"
Kent's close second-place finish for the second IC in a row probably reinforces the fact that he's a big threat to win immunity down the road, so if the Tandangs are trying to figure out which to go for first between Kent and Carter, it ought to be an easy decision to go for Kent.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "STUPIDEST.MOVE.EVER"
After Malcolm shows his HII, Jiffy asks if anyone else has one. Abi pulls hers out and says "I do".

11-07-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: STUPIDEST.MOVE.EVER"
I was completely blown away by what Abi-Maniac did there, and half of the tribe just about fell out of their seats as well.

11-07-12, 09:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, ep 8, "Dead Man Walking""
Great tribal council! Complete, utter chaos, HIIs flying all over the place, deals being made out in the open. And we haven't even gotten to the vote yet.

11-07-12, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "BEST.TC.EVER"
Wow.

11-07-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
14. "Post IC, pre TC drama..."
See the dolphins, they return to camp, Penner conf: doesn't know what to say, best he's ever done in his life, Jeff told him that he dug deep, see Malc worried...going in, all everyone says don't let Penner win, so this threw everyone for a loop, now who will we get rid of instead? See a cobra...they are talking...there is a cobra and it looks like its at camp. Jeff in conf Penner just bought himself another 3 days but he's a dead man walking. Now talks to Skupin. Lisa tells Pete that Malc ahas the HII, she told him she wouldn't tell anyone, and I didn't but we need to blindside Malc tonight, remember his allegience is with them, not with us. But Pete in conf says that he trusted Malc. This is lisa 's plan. Now Pete and Malc talk...he asks Malc if he has the idol, and he lied, and asked who told you? Lisa....Malc is pissed. Pete now says let's get Jeff out...Pete said that Malc freaked out...Malc goes to Skup and Penner and says that Lisa is telling everyone that I have the idol....see Artis and Pete, we need to chill out....Pete says that we are voting Jeff, he's a big threat and I want him gone. Now Lisa goes to Pete, did you tell him that I told you? He says no, I just asked if he had tohe idol, now he's scrambling. Lisa conf: So now everything has hit the fan...

Pete says playing the mastermind is hard work, do you have everyone and is it solid. , then Malc and Jeff says let's get Carter, when Jeff finds out they were gunnin for me. Now, Denise, Jeff Penner, skupin are going to vote for Pete. Wow...Carter Jeff Skup, Denise, Malc all vote Pete. Malc is bringing his idol, cut the head off of the snake...this is the last minute most crazy thing I have ever done in my life! Wow this is going to be a GREAT TC!!!!

TC: Rc as Jury is there....looks liek the Pete fraction will vote Jeff Kent, and then Malc and company will vote Pete.

Skupin says that he was worried but he heard some people

Malc says he put his trust in someone and they threw me under the bus, Lisa. Lisa thought why not eliminate the biggest threat in the game and that would be Malc.

Denise says every crack is an opportunity

Abi, it must concern you that one of your group is not with you, yes, Malc I thought was with us.

Abi thought that Malc was way more in their alliance lthan Skupin ever WAS>>>!!!

Lisa says she told the Tandang that Malc had the idol because I am sticking with my original tribe,

Malc pulls out his idol and says that he is playing it tonight because he's sick of the drama. Jiffy says anyone else have it, and Abi says yes, I have it, here it is.

Penner says that there is 6 of us that can march forward and that means tkeeping Skupin and I in the alliance for a while. Are you ready to do that. Lisa says anyone in my alliance if we go with plan B....

Penner says lets take the 6 and go after either Pete, Abi, Artis
And Pete says it's probably me, and Jeff says it could be me too. Jiffy says he can't think of a more entertaining TC EVER, and I might have to agree with him! LOL

What was Lisa's plan b and who did she say it too...

Denise votes Pete
See Jeff and Pete. Penner is last voter

See Jeff and Lisa look at each other then Pete.

If anyone wants to play the idol, do it now, and then Malc and Abi keep theirs...ok, here are the votes

Abi
Jeff
Pete
Jeff
Pete
Jeff
Pete
Jeff
Pete
Jeff is the voted out one....Malc goes, WHAT? He is shaking his head.and looking at Carter. Malc is really bummed. Jeffy says that vote may go down as one of the biggest blown opportunities in this game.

I think he was referring to the fact that it ?should have been an opportunity to get Pete out?

11-07-12, 09:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Can't wait to see who voted Abi? Malc, Skupin, Penner, Denise, and Lisa were supposed to vote out Pete. I bet that Lisa voted Abi?

11-07-12, 09:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
It was Penner who voted for Abi-Maniac.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
why did Penner vote Abi?
Aftre his speech trying to get the 6 to vote together?

there had already been talk about getting Pete out;
so had he not been told that was who their vote was going to be?

11-07-12, 10:39 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Hi jbug! I think Penner voted for abi because he wanted to get Jeff K out. As, he was his closest alliance and I think he was really pissed that Jeff had thrown him under the bus with the last TC vote.

11-07-12, 10:40 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
If Penner wanted Kent out, why didn't he vote Kent?

11-07-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
If Penner wanted Kent out, why didn't he vote Kent?

That's a good question? Maybe he told Kent he'd never write his name down or something....and he wanted to be trustworthy and true to his word...this time! LOL

Penner had to know what was at stake...He was with the faction that was supposed to vote Pete, so why else would he change his mind?

11-07-12, 10:53 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
I don't believe that Penner would feel obliged to keep his word to Kent. There had to be something else.

I think there could have been 2 votes. Someone else got confused and wrote another name than Kent or Pete so we had a 4-4-1-1 vote. On the revote, that person and Penner voted against Kent but we were only shown Penner's first vote.

11-08-12, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Michel, I'm wondering if your spec could be correct....especially after reading in this thread that Missyae spoiled it was a tie this week. Maybe the tie/revote wasn't shown. Wouldn't be the first time CBS hasn't shown the full story....although why not show it? You'd think a tie would make for great drama. Hmmm.

11-08-12, 08:27 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
"You'd think a tie would make for great drama."

Actually, ties have always represented a waste of time. That's why they use the purple rock. It isn't so much a tie-breaker as a way to avoid ties. They hate ties so much that the players who created one get to choose the rocks.

11-07-12, 10:51 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
That was puzzling to me because Penner knew that Abi had an idol. Why not throw his vote to someone that wouldn't get an idol given to them such as Artis, Carter or Lisa, so he could insure against the wrong person being victimized by a potential idol bounce?

11-07-12, 11:03 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Maybe it was a ploy to rattle her, push her buttons. With a player as maniac as Abi you can cat and mouse them insane, which may be pretty mean but what's he got to lose.

On the other hand, by the time they got around to voting, as Lisa said, she couldn't even remember what was plan b or d or e.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-12, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
I thought Jonathan voting for Abi was precisely to rattle her after her stupid HII reveal, since maybe he didn't care which one of Kent and Pete got booted. And, it was a way to insure that a tie would not occur. But again, I am operating on limited info...

11-08-12, 06:00 AM (EST)
59. "Skupin's tweets on Penner and TC"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-12 AT 06:03 AM (EST)

Here's what Skupin had to say about Lisa's Plan XYZ and about why Penner voted as he did:

11-08-12, 12:10 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Skupin's tweets on Penner and TC"
WOW, I'm shocked that Mike is tweeting all this. In the past, hasn't CBS shut down this kind of strategy talk. Guess he doesn't care.

P.S. Thanks for sharing Pepe....very very interesting indeed!

Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

But Pete did get votes, almost enough to get booted. I thought Jeff P was referring to the fact that two HII's were blatantly revealed at TC and neither HII possessor was placed under consideration as a target at TC (it's true Malcolm had been brought up earlier but he was off the radar by the time of TC).

This is the first Ep I've watched this season so I could be wrong, but that was my guess on what JP meant.

11-07-12, 10:20 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
BR, you do have one of the blown opportunities: They could have eliminated Malcolm but also, the side that voted against Pete blew it by sending one vote to Abi.

11-07-12, 10:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
*WAVES to BROWNROACH**

I thought Jeff P was referring to the fact that two HII's were blatantly revealed at TC and neither HII possessor was placed under consideration as a target at TC

You could be right, but how was it an opportunity though? That statement just didn't make sense to me. They both exposed that they have the idols and Malc said he was going to play it. So, that was a good screen, imo. So, was he saying that it was a missed opportunity to use the HII the right way, and get peeps to vote for you and then use the idol to blindside someone else? So he was talking to the 2 that had the idol? That they had missed the opportunities?

11-07-12, 10:36 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
It was strangely edited. Didn't truly apply to what we saw but Bebo mentioned a spoiler about a tie. What if there was a tie and we only saw the revote?

The only thing that would really make sense is he was addressing Malcolm who could have gotten rid of Pete if he had kept quiet about his idol and then played it when they voted against him.

11-07-12, 10:57 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 11:02 PM (EST)

Yeah I wondered if there was a hidden first-round of voting, but then again the spoiler had it as a tie between Kent and Carter ... but Pete was the one who received four votes. Would the four guys in the smaller voting group all know instinctively to change their votes from Carter to Pete on a revote?

11-07-12, 11:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
No, on a revote you can only vote for the two that were tied.

Could Carter have received one vote causing a spoiling confusion? Or a Carter/Peter mix up?

11-07-12, 11:14 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Well, if there was a three-way tie, Abi, Jeff, Pete, with Carter getting one odd vote in the first round, that would explain it. But I think they would have shown it if that happened.

11-07-12, 11:36 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

I think you are on to something but just not the right people being tied: If it was Pete/Abi and Jeff that were tied then Pete, Abi and Jeff don't vote. No way then that Jeff goes.

What about a Carter/Jeff/Pete tie with Abi getting one vote? Fits the spoiler of a Jeff/Carter tie, the spoiling missing the info on Pete and then Tandang unites to vote out Jeff. Penner had voted against Abi the first time but they didn't bother showing his revote since it didn't matter.

Pete, Jeff and Carter didn't revote so we had:

Lisa: Jeff
Skupin: Jeff
Abi: Jeff
Artis: Jeff
Malcolm: Pete
Denise: Pete
Penner: X

Jeff out 4-3 or 5-2.

ETA: And the blown opportunity was Penner's who could have saved carter and Jeff by voting Peter who would have left in a 4-3-3 vote.

11-07-12, 11:54 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Yeah, that makes more sense. But they still ought to have shown it if that happened.

11-08-12, 00:03 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
I agree but they should have shown Jimmy Johnson asking to be voted out but they didn't. They should have shown the tie in Airai when Mikey B was voted out but they didn't.

11-08-12, 06:50 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
I'm just not convinced that the spoiler was correct in there being a tie this episode. The spoiler was specific in that there was a tie between Jeff and Carter, it didn't mention any other names in the mix. Why not say "Jeff, Carter and Pete" or some other variation that would at least explain somehow going from Carter to Pete as the one who got four votes.

Also, wouldn't it be dramatic to show a change on the revote? I could see them glossing over a tie if it was a kinda-meh TC, but this one? No way they wouldn't show the drama!

11-07-12, 11:15 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Yeah I know - I was referring to the spoiler that claimed that Carter was the one who was tied with Kent, not Pete. I can't believe they wouldn't show a tie vote after such a crazy TC, ergo, I think the spoiler was wrong or there's a tie coming in the next two episodes and the spoiler had the wrong week.

(FWIW, I haven't seen any spoilers of a tie at any time other than what was alleged to happen tonight)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-12, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

It had to have been a Carter/Pete mix-up. All of Tandang voted for Jeff. Malc joined with Denise and Kalabaw to vote against Pete. It wouldn't make sense for Carter to not vote in an alliance block; he wasn't being targeted. I think we are missing part of the story so the spoiler is probably right that there was a tie.

It was a GREAT tribal council but a little disjointed (or as you would say in the editing thread, heavily manipulated! )

ETA: With so much great stuff happening they may have edited out the tie for time if one did occur.

11-08-12, 02:30 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
>*WAVES to BROWNROACH**
>
>I thought Jeff P was referring
>to the fact that two
>HII's were blatantly revealed at
>TC and neither HII possessor
>was placed under consideration as
>a target at TC

>
>
>You could be right, but how
>was it an opportunity though?
> That statement just didn't
>make sense to me. They
>both exposed that they have
>the idols and Malc said
>he was going to play
>it. So, that was a
>good screen, imo. So, was
>he saying that it was
>a missed opportunity to use
>the HII the right way,
>and get peeps to vote
>for you and then use
>the idol to blindside someone
>else? So he was talking
>to the 2 that had
>the idol? That they had
>missed the opportunities?

Well I've been neither watching the show nor reading spoilers, but Jeff's remark came after the vote occurred, not before. So he knew two HIIs were revealed, neither was played, and neither person was booted. A 20/20 hindsight commentary, as it were -- especially significant to edit in if either of those persons ends up winning. I don't really see how the HII holders missed opportunities.

11-08-12, 08:32 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
"I don't really see how the HII holders missed opportunities"

If Malcolm shuts up and doesn't show his idol then he can play it and Pete gets the boot.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-12, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Dalton Ross asked Jeff who he was refering to and it was Penner because then Penner could rejoin his alliance with Jeff Kent and be on the numbers side.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/08/survivor-philippines-jeff-probst-episode-8/

Why Penner would want to rejoin with Kent is beyond me since it was so obvious that Jeff was gunning for him.

11-08-12, 11:25 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Oh. Well, we should know by now not to try to figure out how Probst's mind works.

11-08-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Post IC, pre TC drama..."
Thanks CT GIrl -- I thought Jeff's EW comment about Penner was interesting too. Maybe it's just because I love Penner, but I took some hope in Jeff's comment that Penner might have another plan in store. Especially if you put that together with Jeff's "tease" for next week that Lisa continues to come out of her shell and finds a new best friend. (The "Next Time" preview seems to indicate the new friend is Penner.)

P.S. Hi BR! So great to see you back -- you've been missed!

---

PROBST: The blown opportunity was Penner and his lack of commitment to his alliance. For a guy on the outside of a true alliance, he had a shot to firm it up with Jeff Kent and take control of the game. I thought they blew it. Granted my comment only pertains to that moment, but in a game of numbers that was a big blown opportunity. The question is — did Penner miscalculate? Or… does he have another plan in store.

15. "The vote..."
Jeff - 5 votes
Pete - 4
Abi-Maniac - 1

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-08-12, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: The vote..."
>Jeff - 5 votes
>Pete - 4
>Abi-Maniac - 1

There...I fixed it for you...
Jeff - 5 votes
Pete - 4
Abi-Normal - 1

Historical ref ('Young Frankenstein') supporting correction:

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
Igor: And you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abi someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abi someone. Abi who?
Igor: Abi Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Abi Normal?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?
{shakes and grabs him}
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

16. "Red herring spoiler"
For those of you not keeping up with Missyae's spoilers, we were given intel that tonight was going to be a tie between Jeff and Carter that ultimately ended up with Jeff leaving. Those of us keeping up with the spoilers were trying to figure out how the hell that would happen.

This was loads more fun.

11-07-12, 09:57 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Red herring spoiler"
Bad missy

11-07-12, 09:56 PM (EST)
18. "Night of Blabs"
What a crazy crazy episode.

11-07-12, 10:03 PM (EST)
21. "Next time on Survivor...."
Wow, that was a GREAT episode, imo! Great scrambling, now it's really boiling down to Malc vs. Pete. I would be really happy

How can we stay loyal to someone tha tis not loyal to us
After being bullied by her alliance

Lisa turns to Penner

and could flip everything upside down
And, it makes sense to go with the other alliance.

You know what pisses me off, I've made 60 million bucks in baseball and I want this freakin million dollars in this game, and it's not even a million it's about 60,000 after Obama takes it, and I am a game 7 world series loser....I've played in the best games and the worst games in the world and this just sucks!

Votes:

Artis Jeff
Carter: Peter
Skupin Jeff
Abi Jeff
Lisa Jeff
Malc Pete
Denise Pete
Penner: Abi
Pete: Jeff
Jeff: Pete

11-07-12, 10:06 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-12 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Based on that comment by Jeff, I'd say it's been a real tough two days for him since it's clear that he voted for Romney yesterday ("600,000 after Obama takes it") then his boot tonight.

11-07-12, 10:04 PM (EST)
22. "Tonight's game"
What was Abi's stupidest move shown tonight?

a. Her diarrhea of the mouth after the RC when she told Carter everything.
b. Showing her HII when Jiffy asked if anyone else had one.
c. The preview shot where she chews out Lisa.
d. Breathing.

24. "RE: Tonight's game"
a. Her diarrhea of the mouth after the RC when she told Carter everything.
b. Showing her HII when Jiffy asked if anyone else had one.
c. The preview shot where she chews out Lisa.
d. Breathing.

But, can you say "goat".

Penner is seriously SO Happy. He voted Abi, so Pete wouldn't go home and Jeff K would. Penner got his pay back. Boy, Malcolm's game has taken a 180! Did you see his face, he was seriously frazzled.

Next week, Abi rakes Lisa over the coals, bullies her big time and she goes crying to Penner, who tells her it's just devastating, as he hugs her. Lisa is flipping, indeed.

11-07-12, 10:27 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Tonight's game"
Dumb moves lead to getting the boot or causing your ally to get the boot. With tonight's result, I'd say she didn't make any dumb moves...yet. We'll see how the previews work out though!

11-07-12, 10:42 PM (EST)
38. "Winning Quote:"
Lisa: "I want to give him (Skupin) the universe" => Skupin wins!

11-08-12, 00:15 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Winning Quote:"
By trying to save Mike, Lisa almost blew her own game. But they clearly still want us to like her/root for her....still think she makes F3.

They are just hitting us over the head with the Evil vs. Good theme....interesting that Lisa is sort of in between now vs. the pure church lady.

11-08-12, 12:25 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Winning Quote:"
P.S. Here's what Jeff had to say about Lisa in EW this morning:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Jeff, is there anything more fun in the entire world than seeing a nice Christian lady who was originally ostracized by her tribe now not only working her way back into the game, but going and getting her hands dirty and making a bold move to try and take control of it? I think I now have a bigger crush on Lisa than I did back in the 1980s!

JEFF PROBST: There are so many great qualities about Lisa — where do we begin? I recently had her on as a guest on my talk show and what really struck me was her earnest nature. She’s not playing for the camera, her ethical struggle is legit. A Christian mom struggling to play a game invented by the devil. I believe we root for her because we see the true goodness in her and we want her to give herself permission to play dirty. If she does, she could win this game. I also think she looked better on the island than she ever has before because she let mother nature do its thing with her hair and skin — all of it. Yes agreed — crush firmly in place.

Arnold_Lorax2 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-12, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Arnold_Lorax2 Click to send private message to Arnold_Lorax2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Winning Quote:"
I do not know who wins. There are rumors and spoilers of the final 3 that appear (at least based on the editing) to be a possibility and a strong one.

What I would like to offer for anyone who wishes to think about this: who has been the most silent in the social media channels?

In the past few seasons those who have won have been virtually silent on the social media channels (twitter and facebook mainly). Following the social media you will see several that are very active and therefore I don't think they have a chance at winning this season. There is one in the group of contenders who has been nonexistant and that is who I think is the winner of this season.

Agman siggified me

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-12, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Not sure I agree with social media noise being an indicator. Facebook was tracking US Election voting habits, and based on that felt that women were voting more than men. Perhaps men were just less likely to go and post on FB that they had voted.

That to say, activity in social media is likely more of a personal character trait than indicative of results (especially since the players don't know who won anyway!).

11-08-12, 12:20 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Arnold, I don't follow twitter etc. so please do tell who's been silent vs. who's talking in social media.

I see Pepe shared some recent tweets from Mike above, and I am shocked how much strategy and hints he's posting. Thought CBS usually stepped in and clamped down on that kind of stuff.

I suppose some people might read into this that Mike doesn't win but then again, Mike seems to be the kind of guy who takes risks and does his own thing and doesn't worry about CBS rules. (Forgot what the contract stipulates and what consequences could be -- i.e. if someone wins but they spoil it, practically speaking, CBS can't edit that out but could they not give them the $ or reduce their payout or what???)

Arnold_Lorax2 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Arnold_Lorax2 Click to send private message to Arnold_Lorax2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Byoffer I didn't say it was a end all be all indication just a recent trend that we should consider. During her season last year Kimberley Spraddlin was virtually invisible in the social media and has since her victory been active. Do you recall seeing Boston Rob or Sophie posting on twitter or facebook much while their season was being aired? You saw people like Coach and Cochran and Andrea posting during the season, but not the eventual winners.

It may be something and it may be nothing. We always try to look at all the angles though.

This season Mike Skupin has been back to full activity on facebook and Lisa has been active on Facebook and Twitter, Penner too, Abi is active, Peter is active, I haven't heard much out of Malcom but I already know he doesn't win.

Denise is the silent one.

Agman siggified me

11-08-12, 01:13 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Interesting, thanks. If this turns out to be something, maybe we coin it the Dog Who Didn't Bark on Twitter Theory .

11-08-12, 01:16 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Winning Quote:"
I did a bit of research and here's my 100% unscientific analysis of social media...

No idea if this is indicative of anything in particular or if it's just simply that this person isn't much of a twitter user and prefers Facebook? For me, I rarely use Twitter and I don't use Facebook at all, so that wouldn't automatically mean I'd be the winner if I was on Survivor and was still in the game at this point.

I took samples of the front twitter pages of so-called major contenders to see how 'busy' they seem to be and how often they've tweeted and on what subjects, etc.:

Lisa

Malcolm

Penner

Skupin

And then there's this...

11-08-12, 02:02 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Thanks for sharing, Pepe! So it definitely appears that CBS has become more hands off with social media posting by contestants. Who knows, maybe they even encourage it as part of the overall PR strategy like on DWTS, the Voice, etc.

Agree with your general assessment. Also need to keep in mind that folks like Lisa or Penner have books/celeb status/whatever to promote. I bet CBS tells them to keep "business as usual" -- i.e., if you normally tweet, keep tweeting or vice versa. The only time it might be a signal is if there's a marked change.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-12, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Denise talks all the time about Survivor on Facebook, though she's very careful not spoil anything. She had an amazingly positive experience based on her posts. It would not surprise me at all if she wins.

11-09-12, 09:53 AM (EST)
77. "RE: Winning Quote:"
Back at the end of S4, before social media was as prevalent as it is now, Snewser called Vecepia's victory based on the fact that there had been nothing whatsoever circulating about her activities. So precedent about the "silent ones" goes back a long way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •