The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E7 Title - 'Not the Only Actor On this Island'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-12, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E7 Title - 'Not the Only Actor On this Island'"
Episode title/teasers/PRs etc

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Press Release Blind Freddy 10-25-12 1
   RE: Press Release SquidProQuo 10-25-12 2
       RE: Press Release crispy06 10-25-12 3
       RE: Press Release dabo 10-26-12 4
   RE: Press Release Sheldor 10-31-12 6
       RE: Press Release SquidProQuo 10-31-12 8
 Spoiler from Pete? PepeLePew13 10-31-12 5
   RE: Spoiler from Pete? SquidProQuo 10-31-12 7
       RE: Spoiler from Pete? PepeLePew13 10-31-12 9
           RE: Spoiler from Pete? crispy06 10-31-12 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-12, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Press Release"

AFTER THE TANDANG AND KALABAW TRIBES MERGE, CASTAWAYS SCRAMBLE TO SOLIDIFY THEIR NUMBERS AND RANK IN THE NEW TRIBE, ON “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 31

CHEAT TWEET: It’s merge time! Castaways scramble to solidify their place in the new tribe, 10/31 8/7c INSERT LINK

"Not the Only Actor On this Island" — After Tandang and Kalabaw tribes merge, castaways scramble to solidify their numbers and rank in the new tribe. Meanwhile, Lisa Whelchel is confronted on her past as a former TV teen star, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Oct. 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-12, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Press Release"
Thanks BF, so it's definitely a merge -- yay! I cannot wait. Looks like Penner's gamble/deal on the rice paid off. If there wasn't a merge, he'd be in trouble.

"Not the only actor on the island" probably =s Penner, since he's a former actor. As I recall, his TV shows were from the same era as Lisa's. Would he call her out or use the info to his advantage privately? Either way, I don't think Lisa is going to be an initial merge target...so not sure it's relevant to the boot story.

We also see Malcolm pulling Lisa aside. Is his "you remind me of mama" talk related at all to the Facts of Life? (I never watched the show so wasn't sure if there's a connection.) Or does Malcolm have a Colby-esque inclination toward forming alliances with older women?!

The other cover that could get blown now with the merge is Kent's. He did so well at the last challenge catching the ball, and then Jeff asked a question at TC that seemed to skirt the issue...it almost seemed like he might get outed.

crispy06 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crispy06 Click to send private message to crispy06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Press Release"
I think that both Lisa and Jeff Kent will be outed. You are right that it sounds like a Penner quote. He can either use this to his advantage by making an alliance or blowing her cover. I think he should try to work something out with her, because Lisa is not going out this early while there is still bigger fish to fry. I can't wait for this episode.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Press Release"
Appropriately enough Penner starred in Rude Awakening (1998-2001). Lisa's acting career pretty much ended when "Facts of Life" finished in 1988 but there was a "Facts of Life Reunion" in 2001. Fortunately for her she can easily explain that Facts was something she did when she was a kid and has little bearing on who she is today, she wanted her Survivor experience to be about Lisa not Blair. Penner would certainly understand that. Kent has a much bigger problem if his cover is blown, though people might then see him as a great goat to take to FTC.

Sheldor 4555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-31-12, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Press Release"
Blind Freddy on 10-25-12 at 05:41 PM posted

"Not the Only Actor On this Island" — After Tandang and Kalabaw tribes merge, castaways scramble to solidify their numbers and rank in the new tribe. Meanwhile, Lisa Whelchel is confronted on her past as a former TV teen star

Here is a screen cap from 10/30 CBS "The Talk" with co-host Lisa Whelchel that I think answers who says this quote...

10-31-12, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Press Release"
Thanks Sheldor! At least we got this part right. But unfortunately this week's clues don't appear to help with the boot story.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-12, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Spoiler from Pete?"
Here's a tweet from Pete, who lives in New Jersey:

If a former Kalabaw or someone like Artis was leaving, would we be seeing this kind of comment from Pete? I can think of one boot candidate which would elicit a "Definitely gunna be my favorite" type of comment, and that would be RC.

The only other possibility I could see would be Carter based on their battles in challenges, but would this pull a "favorite" comment?

10-31-12, 03:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Spoiler from Pete?"
Hmm, interesting. Thanks Pepe!

It could be his favorite episode because he wins IC or somehow he thinks he'll look good in the episode, like the leader/kingpin that he is in his own mind.

There is his promo comment "this is gonna be fun," which leads me to believe that he could help put something into play....could be a blindside. Sure hope it's not RC because I really like her. I know some people have spec'd that she could get caught between alliances and be a merge boot, but game logic says that you get rid of an alpha male/physical threat at the merge, and that you try to keep your numbers, so I can't imagine why they'd go after RC so early when they could get her anytime. (Not that game logic always prevails, ha.)

I could see Pete getting pumped if he dominates in a challenge or if he plays a major hand in Kent's boot. I thought I read in some of the post-game Katie interviews that Kent taunted and got in the heads of the other tribe, so maybe they're gunning for him? We see in the promos that Kent appears to align with Pete's group based on anti-veteran sentiment, but what if they're really playing Kent? Kent thinks he flips to the dominant Pete/Abi/Artis alliance and throws the veterans under the bus, but he should have stayed with Penner, Mike, RC et al and gets booted instead? Could be a possible scenario, just spec. It would fit with his edit which from the beginning is not wanting a veteran to win.

If I had to vote now, I'd still say based on edit and confessional analysis that Carter's spike says he's the next to go, then Kent or Artis. Carter is so boring, though, so not an exciting merge boot.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-12, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Spoiler from Pete?"
Yeah, before I saw that tweet, I was about 90 percent on the side of Carter being the boot based on the spike in confessionals he had last ep along with being a young athletic guy who could be perceived as a threat and not edited as a factor in terms of alliance-building. The other 10 percent? Artis most likely.

Since then? I'm about 50-50 on Carter and RC. Aggh.

crispy06 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-12, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crispy06 Click to send private message to crispy06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Spoiler from Pete?"
My choices were actually between Kent and RC. The merge boot has been given good edit in the last several seasons. (which makes it a surprise when they are voted out) Pete's tweet just confirms that it is RC, he has been wanting to get her out since episode 2 and this is probably his shining moment of the season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •