The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-30-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
So I am going spoiler free this season. I know there are some spoilers out there about final five and the winner already, but I’ve studiously avoided that stuff. So please keep this thread source spoiler free. I realize that may mean some of you won’t want to post here and I may just end up talking to myself. I understand completely. I just want somewhere to throw out my thoughts and if you happen to know I’m totally wrong because of spoilers, just be kind and don’t tell me. And if you do want to post (and I hope you do) just avoid source spoilers. Thanks!

So I thought I’d take a look at the three tribes and try to figure out who is most vulnerable in each tribe based on bios, interviews, knowledge of the three past players, etc. I'm going to start three different threads - one for each tribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Kablaw Corvis 08-30-12 1
   The Matsing Tribe PepeLePew13 09-02-12 6
       RE: The Matsing Tribe suzzee 09-04-12 9
           RE: The Matsing Tribe Corvis 09-14-12 14
               RE: The Matsing Tribe Corvis 09-17-12 21
                   RE: The Matsing Tribe crispy06 09-18-12 23
               Question? Flowerpower 09-19-12 30
                   RE: Question? Corvis 09-19-12 31
                   RE: Question? forehead 09-19-12 32
                       RE: Question? Flowerpower 09-19-12 33
                           RE: Question? forehead 09-19-12 34
       RE: The Matsing Tribe Flowerpower 09-18-12 27
 Kablaw Corvis 08-30-12 2
   RE: Kablaw Round Robin 09-02-12 4
       RE: Kablaw PepeLePew13 09-02-12 5
   The Kalabaw Tribe PepeLePew13 09-02-12 7
       RE: The Kalabaw Tribe suzzee 09-04-12 10
           RE: The Kalabaw Tribe PepeLePew13 09-06-12 11
               RE: The Kalabaw Tribe suzzee 09-11-12 12
                   RE: The Kalabaw Tribe Round Robin 09-12-12 13
                       RE: The Kalabaw Tribe Corvis 09-14-12 15
                           RE: The Kalabaw Tribe PepeLePew13 09-14-12 17
                               RE: The Kalabaw Tribe crispy06 09-18-12 24
                                   RE: The Kalabaw Tribe Corvis 09-18-12 29
 Tadang Corvis 08-30-12 3
   The Tandang Tribe PepeLePew13 09-02-12 8
       RE: The Tandang Tribe Corvis 09-14-12 16
   RE: Tadang Flowerpower 09-18-12 26
   RE: Tadang Flowerpower 09-18-12 28
 RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics spe... Corvis 09-17-12 18
   RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics spe... tribephyl 09-17-12 19
       RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics spe... Corvis 09-17-12 20
           RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics spe... tribephyl 09-17-12 22
               RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics spe... crispy06 09-18-12 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-30-12, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Kablaw"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-12 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

Argh! I mislabeled this one! This is the Matsing Tribe. (Why oh why can't we edit subject lines?)

Angelia Layton
Denise Marie Stapely
Malcolm Freberg
Roxanne Morris
Russell Swan
Zane Knight

So let’s look at the blue tribe first. I think Russell Swan may have the hardest road ahead of the three returning players just based on his tribe. Two of tribe members are on record saying they do not want to deal with returning players – Malcolm (“I hope it’s not returning players. That’d just ##### me off if I had to deal with that.”) and Zane. Zane is particularly vocal.
“It’s just my luck that here come these celebrities. You know how they bring in the former players? If you come on my island, you’re leaving. You don’t deserve another opportunity. I’m not going to run to you and go, “What do I do?” I don’t need you to show me how to fish. I don’t need you to show me how to build a shelter. Like Coach (Wade)? He comes in and handles this show. This wouldn’t happen with me. I would corrupt the whole tribe to get rid of Coach.”

I think he must be referring to celebrities Lisa Welchel and Jeff Kent (so they better watch out too), but it’s clear he will have no use for Russell.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/08/21/survivor-philippines-did-the-new-players-predict-the-seasons-twist/

We know Russell is a good leader, having that official role in his first season and leading his tribe to dominating wins over the other tribe. He’s a hardworker who values strength and teamwork. I think he’ll look for the weakest challenge performer as the first vote, so expect Denise or Angie to be on his radar.

One person who is may be on Russell’s side (unless he turns on her, of course) is my favorite Denise Stapley (because she’s from Cedar Rapids, Iowa! And she’s a sex therapist – what’s not to like??) . Her bio tells us she is going to be a hard worker who’s not afraid to be fun, too. She’s over 40 though and she’ll be seen as a weak player by the kids on the tribe. She also says she’s going to have a problem with people being lazy, which brings me to…

Angie Layton claims to also dislike lazy people, but my guess is she likes dislikes all lazy people who aren’t named Angie Layton. I could be totally wrong about that and she might turn into one of the hardest workers on the tribe… but I doubt it. I don’t think she and Denise will get along very well. Denise made a comment about how she can’t imagine these young girls surviving out there. I could see Angie pushing for a Denise boot early.

And then there’s Roxanne. The main impression you get from her bio is that she’s extremely religious. You figure she’ll slide toward Russell’s side to begin with, but both she and Zane list Brandon as their favorite Survivor, so who knows? She doesn’t like girly-girls, so I could see her thinking Angie would be a good first boot.

Malcolm is the last member of the tribe. He wants to rule with an iron fist but have people thank him for it. He says the Survivor he is going to emulate is Brian Heidek. Brian is actually one of my favorites, which I know is kind of a bad thing to admit. Brian was the Iceman, never letting emotion control what he was doing. He was likable enough to get jury votes at the end, knew what to say to keep people thinking he was their friend, but was willing to cut anyone’s throat that he had to. Malcolm describes him as a “borderline sociopath.” And frankly, that’s the most reliable path to actually win this game. So I have high hopes for Malcolm and could see him going far if he can actually be another Iceman.

So I think it’ll be Russell, Angie or Denise who gets booted first. But my guess is we’ll see Russell pull Malcolm, Roxanne and Denise into an alliance leaving Angie and Zane on the outside. So I’m going with Angie as the first boot from Blue Tribe.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-12, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The Matsing Tribe"
Hi Corvis! I'm behind on who the people are as I just got back after four weeks away and I'm not in the loop with spoilers yet. What I wanted to do here was to get a better idea of the contestants by bringing up their profiles on here so I can match who's who as you're referring to certain things said in their profiles.

Name (Age): Russell Swan (45)

Previous Seasons: “Survivor: Samoa”

Previous Finish: Medical evacuation due to Dehydration. I fainted multiple times during a challenge. Jeff Probst has described this as, “the scariest moment I’ve ever had on the show.”

Tribe Designation: Matsing

Current Residence: Glenside, Penn.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being a good Dad.

Inspiration in Life: My dad because he was a very ordinary guy, but a damn good dad. He really loved his family and was a perfect example of what a husband should be to his wife, and what a dad should be to his child.

Hobbies: Riding my motorcycle, mountain biking and skiing.

Pet Peeves: I hate whiners, materialistic people and generally people who are full of crap.

3 Words to Describe You: Energetic, optimistic and focused.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? I would bring my “Terrible Towel” because I’m an avid Steelers fan and I’m always looking for converts. That’s it!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: First, the game kicked my butt and I want payback. Second, I want to show people that failure doesn’t always mean the end.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I bring strength for the physically demanding challenges. I’m cunning – I know how to get my way without being overly confrontational. And, I have a sense of humor. I love making people laugh.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because I’ve already tried the failure route. I’m gonna take a different path and win this time!

Name (Age): Angie Layton (20)

Current Residence: Provo, Utah

Personal Claim to Fame: I’m Miss Utah Teen USA 2010 and 3rd runner-up Miss Teen USA 2010.

Inspiration in Life: My family. I’m the youngest of five older brothers and one sister. They taught me how to be tough and have thick skin, and to be proud of who you are no matter what.

Hobbies: All sports, working out, scrapbooking and hanging with my peeps.

Pet Peeves: Lazy people and slow drivers.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, confident and happy.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? The only thing I would bring is my camera so I could take pictures and scrapbook my journey.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Fabio - because people underestimated him for a “dumb blonde” and he used that to his advantage. At the end, he surprised everyone. I am the same way!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win, meet some hotties and prove to everyone that I can do it.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Because I am mentally strong, and I have what it takes to survive the elements and challenges. I’m also loyal and easy to get along with.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know I can manipulate my way to the top! But, most importantly I am extremely competitive and am driven to succeed. I’m not afraid of anything.

Name (Age): Denise Stapley (41)

Current Residence: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Personal Claim to Fame: The decision to leave the safety and stability of my previous job to open my own business is without a doubt my proudest accomplishment. It took planning and preparation to make that transition smooth and successful. It also took some serious courage to risk the financial security I had.

Inspiration in Life: At this point in my life, I struggle to identify any one hero, but a hero in my eyes is someone who follows their passion.

Hobbies: Sprint triathlons, reading and playing dress up/goofing off with my kiddo.

Pet Peeves: My number one pet peeve is laziness and people who expect that change will happen without them having to put in any real level of effort. Life is what you make it folks... dig deep!

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, energetic and goofy.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
1) A seriously sturdy jogging bra – no one needs to see my 40 year-old ta-ta’s dangling out. This is for function, not fashion.
2) My baseball cap or pink dew rag – sheer comfort and a reflection of who I really am.
3) My favorite picture of my husband and daughter for motivation and connection with them.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I really like Stephenie from “Survivor: Palau.” If that wasn’t “digging deep” I don’t know what is. She has sheer will power and determination. That is what drives me.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Believe it or not, for the experience!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: At work, I have to be able to engage and connect on some level with every person who walks through my door. I’m also a worker bee who will seek out ways to help camp life run smoothly.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have a job that requires the ability to engage people to share very personal information and gain their trust to know it will remain confidential. Survivor will require that same skill set and honestly, I’m good at it. My motto in business, life and now Survivor is “keep it simple, keep it smart.”

Name (Age): Malcolm Freberg (25)

Current Residence: Hermosa Beach, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: In college, I helped to organize and run a program that paired varsity athletes with underprivileged children in a free-to-join sports league. It still exists today.

Inspiration in Life: O.J. Simpson before the legal drama. When he was a kid, he had rickets. For his birthday, when he was still young, his father took him to a signing to meet Jim Brown and O.J. hobbled right up to him and told him he was going to break all his records which he eventually did. I’m a sucker for underdog stories.

Hobbies: Exercising, writing/reading and partying.

Pet Peeves: Dumb people.

3 Words to Describe You: Charming, brilliant and cocky.

1) Hair ties – I can’t see anything without them.
2) Book of puzzles – Your mind is a muscle and needs to be kept in shape.
3) Whiskey – to unwind after a hard day of challenge domination and competitor manipulation.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I think I will play most like Russell. You can control and rule with an iron first. You just have to be clever enough for them to thank you for it in the end. I’ll run the show from day 1 until I’m handed an oversized check with my name on it.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I’ve been watching Survivor since I was 12 years old. Some kids grow up watching baseball on TV and dream of getting their chance to play in the big leagues. I grew up watching and dreaming about playing Survivor.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m smart, I’m athletic and I’m nice to look at.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There’s no reason to play the game if you’re not playing to win. I’m not trying to see ‘if I have what it takes’ or ‘how far I can make it.’ The best thing I have going for me is my single-mindedness to be the champion.

Name (Age): Roxanne “Roxy” Morris (28)

Current Residence: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Personal Claim to Fame: Accepting the call of God to ministry.

Inspiration in Life: Jesus Christ! He gave up his life for the world and that is the most inspiring thing anyone could ever do.
Hobbies: International travel, trying new sports i.e. fencing, snowboarding, horseback riding and dancing.

Pet Peeves: People who blame their present on their past and people who enjoy showcasing their insecurities.

3 Words to Describe You: Witty, wise and a warrior.

1) My Bible
2) A small rock (found in the Valley of Elah, the place where David killed Goliath) that I brought from Israel. I would also bring my small wooden cross necklace.
3) My journal, because I like to record my thoughts and dreams.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Probably, Brandon because he dukes it out everyday in life alongside Jesus and is continuing to find his identity in Christ.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win the million dollars so I can give to my church and hopefully help get them their own building. Right now, we rent a space. I also want to have my own ministry that travels the world from mission to mission. I also think it is an excellent opportunity to meet people and have a once-in-a-life-time experience.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have traveled on small budgets through Ghana and Togo. My parents are originally from rural parts of the Caribbean so relying on natural resources is not foreign to me. I am legit fit. Army strong!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because the game isn’t very different from real life. As a Christian, everyday you are faced with the choice between God’s principles and your personal, selfish preferences.

Name (Age): Zane Knight (28)

Current Residence: Danville, Va.

Inspiration in Life: Jesus and my wife.

Hobbies: Working, hunting and fishing.

Pet Peeves: Butt-kissing, lazy people and ice cream sprinkles.

3 Words to Describe You: Influential, opinionated and ready.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? All I need are my old boots (I feel naked without them) and my Yankees hat.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Brandon. If you all thought he was wild, wait till ya’ get a load of me!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I’ve always wanted my own tow-truck but working like I do now I won’t ever be able to afford it.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I believe I can come into this game and make everybody work for me till I don’t need them anymore. I can be sweet like Boston Rob, a non-threatening like Cochran, crazy like Phillip or a snake like Russell. I am a million dollars.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know I will be the final Survivor because I have the gift of gab. I’m very outgoing and can have a conversation with the President or a crack head. I was made for this game!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-12, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Matsing Tribe"
Hi Corvis and thanks for starting this, wiggly fingers at Pepe and thank you for bringing the profiles over. I haven't gotten around to even looking at the tribes except for what I've seen on the commercials. All my impressions, misguided as they are are taken from the bios so I may come back and edit it since I'm usually the one to count on to be totally wrong about everything.

I can see Russell and Denise having age and work ethic in common and I see an early bonding. Angie could see them both as parent figures because she's a kid and isn't nearly as tough as she thinks when the conditions start getting rough and she may seek out the support of the "elders".

I wonder Zane and Malcolm are going to be competing for the "I want to have the most camera time" title. Their bios seem to read like what someone says when they don't have a lot going on really. All in all strength is so important early on that I don't see either being an early boot.

Roxy could also feel more comfortable with Russell and Denise if she can be an asset in day to day camp life and challenges but either she or Angie seem to be early boot material. It should be an interesting dynamic to watch since these tribes were put together rather then grabbing buffs out of a bag.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

09-14-12, 12:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Matsing Tribe"
Thanks for putting that info about the contestants out there, Pepe!

Hi Suzzee! In reading interviews with Roxy and Angie, I think Angie is going home before Roxy. I am thinking Roxy is going to be a overly religious person who's actually smart about it, at least in terms of the game. She won't be so annoying that people want to vote her out. She compares herself to Brandon and says she's a grown up whereas he was a baby. I think she's going to be smart enough to stick around past the first vote.

After reading Angie's interview, I think she's clueless and will be the weak member of the tribe who gets booted early.

Here are the interviews:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/09/13/survivor-philippines-pre-game-interview-angie-layton/

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/09/11/survivor-philippines-pre-game-interview-roxanne-roxy-morris/

09-17-12, 04:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Matsing Tribe"
Just read this interview with Malcolm. If I had to pick an early favorite just based on pre-show info, he's my pick to win.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/09/17/survivor-
philippines-pre-game-interview-malcolm-freberg/

It's probably the fact that he's a huge Brian fan. He just seems very self aware and understanding of how to play the game. And more importantly, how to win the game.

crispy06 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-12, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crispy06 Click to send private message to crispy06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Matsing Tribe"
Malcolm is my favorite to win the game as well. He just has the look of a winner or atleast someone who will last a long time.

As far as the rest of Masting goes, in my opinion they could be off to a very rough start and are probably the weakest tribe out of the three. Let's break down each member and possible tribe dynamics.

Angie- beauty pageant queens are very vulnerable in the beginning when tribes need to be strong in order to win. She could latch herself onto malcolm and ride it out until the merge with him or she could be an early premerge boot because she's seen as weak/lazy.

Roxanne-she seems to be sweet girl and looks to be stronger than Angie atleast but her religious beliefs could be seen as a weakness in a cutthrout game like this. I don't know if she will have anything in common with a sex therapist, rocker, or bartender. Her biggest challenge will be fitting in and finding a n alliance of people she is comfortable with.

Denise- she seems to be an smart lady and a strong older women who is going to be an asset to this tribe. I don't think she will be voted out first, definitely is making the merge.

Malcolm-He is probably going to be the strongest male on the tribe physically, so an asset early on. He's a gamer as well, so look for him to be wealing and dealing with Denise most likely.

Zane- I think he is going to be the weakest person physcially on this tribe. Totally out of his element being a smoker and drinker. He really has to align with a stronger member such as malcolm/denise to make it far in this game.

Russel- he's a nice guy but his downfall in the past was not making smart decisions as the leader of the tribe. Could that be is downfall this season as well? His biggest challenge will also be health. I forsee him trying to align with Roxanne.

Based on screencaps from the other thread it looks like Masting lose the first challenge. I'm predicting that once again Russell will be viewed as a nice guy but a terrible leader. In the caps Russell and Zane seem to be lagging behind. I predict that the first boot will either be Zane, Russell or Angie.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-12, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Question?"
I agree, because of the vidcaps that the blue Matsing tribe will fare the poorest at the first IC. But, I have also read in several places that several of the Matsing players would boot a returning player, Russell, right off the bat. There is no vidcap proof of Russell in future episodes. Why is everyone convinced that Russell will not be the first boot? I get why folks are going with Zane, but Russell was with him as well....?

As far as I know there is vidcap evidence of Malcolm, Angie, and Roxy in future episodes, but none of Russell, Zane, or Denise.

09-19-12, 09:01 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Question?"
It's an excellent question, Flowerpower. I guess my feeling is that Zane is the weaker link and therefore the better person for the tribe to vote out. And Zane is the main person who wants to get rid of returning players. Malcolm talked about it some, but he's more than anything else, an opportunist. I think in a decision between Zane and Russell, the tribe will boot the weaker player.

(And of course, it could be Denise, too, but since she's from home state I am ignoring that possibility...)

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-12, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Question?"
TDT posted some vidcaps on his facebook page of a post ep1 challenge. Russell is in it.

forehead

09-19-12, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Question?"
TDT posted some vidcaps on his facebook page of a post ep1 challenge. Russell is in it.

That answers that question. Thanks forehead! What about Denise....is she seen post ep 1?

Clearly, Zane looks like the weak link. I think I'm on board! Thanks for your pre-season thoughts everyone!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-12, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Question?"
> What about Denise....is she seen post ep 1?

Not that I recall.

09-18-12, 09:05 AM (EST)
27. "RE: The Matsing Tribe"

Left to right: Angie, Malcolm, Roxanne, Russell, Denise, Zane

08-30-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
2. "Kablaw"
Carter Williams
Dana Lambert
Jeff Kent
Jonathan Penner
Katie Hanson
Sarah Naomi Dawson

This is the tribe that I think will win challenges. Look at the athletes – Jeff, Carter and Katie are all going to do well in challenges. Dawson won’t be a hindrance. And while Penner is older, he has experience which will certainly help. Dana may be the weak link challenge-wise on this team.

Jeff, the ex-professional baseball player is a conservative guy and probably won’t get along well with Dana. I think Jeff will gravitate toward Carter and Penner. I also think he’ll be that outgoing personality that will rub people the wrong way. Jeff notes that he doesn’t like people who talk too much. I have a feeling Dawson may be in that category.

Carter, the goofy young guy who thinks he’s most like Erik (!!) or Fabio, will be a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. I think he will want to align with Katie and Dawson, the pretty young girls. And I think Jeff’s intensity will turn him off. He wants to have fun!

Dawson, the insurance saleswoman, believes she can talk to anyone into anything. I have a feeling she could be talking herself off the tribe if she’s not careful. One of the three things she wants to bring to the island is an audience. Hmm. I think Dawson likes the spotlight. Her personality may be rubbing people the wrong way too.

I have high hopes for Katie, the former Miss Delaware who appears to have it all together. She hates conceited pageant girls, which is okay since she doesn’t have any on her tribe. She’s athletic and outdoorsy. I think she’ll be the one person on the tribe no one wants to vote out.

Dana, the short haired tattooed cosmetologist, could be in trouble on this tribe of athletes. Her best bet is to click with Penner early. She needs to lay low, keep her head down, and work hard. Let the big personalities duke it out early on.

So can Penner hold all of it together? Good question. Penner knows the game and will try to control things early on in his tribe by playing to the egos and letting them think they’re in charge. This is his third time playing the game and there’s no doubt he’s going to come in with a plan.

I think Dana and Jeff are the two most at risk if the surprising happens and they end up at TC. Dana because she strikes me as an outsider in general. And Jeff strikes me as the annoying alpha male the girls may want to get rid of sooner rather than later.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-02-12, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kablaw"
I cannot imagine Jeff Kent winning this game. He has too many potential strikes against him. His age, his excessively opinionated nature and his celebrity status might all add up to an early boot if his tribe cannot stay out of TC. In his baseball playing days he was notorious as the most hated man on his teams, and it was chiefly because he couldn't keep his damn mouth shut. If anybody thinks his tribe in a Survivor game is gonna put up with that over the hill a$$hole any longer than they have to, they have another think coming. It will require extreme luck for him to survive to the jury stage in this game.

09-02-12, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kablaw"
Yeah, Jeff might have had a chance at doing something if he was on either Skupin's or Russell's tribes, but he's in with Penner. Penner will sniff him out in a hurry and I could see Penner building his alliance first and then picking a fight with Jeff to show his tribe they need to get him out. Jeff will be useful the first two or three weeks to help keep his tribe out of last place, but that should be about it, I'd think.

09-02-12, 11:27 AM (EST)
7. "The Kalabaw Tribe"
Name (Age): Jonathan Penner (50)

Previous Seasons: “Survivor: Cook Islands” and “Survivor: Micronesia”

Previous Finishes: “Survivor: Cook Island” – 14th out, 6th jury member. “Survivor: Micronesia” – medical evacuation due to knee infection.

Tribe Designation: Kalabaw

Current Residence: Los Angeles, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: My Oscar nomination for Best Live Action Short Film for “Down on the Waterfront” which I co-wrote and co-produced with my wife, and also co-starred with Jason Alexander and Edward Asner.

Inspiration in Life: My kids. My daughter is hilarious and actually looks up to me, and my son is smarter and more athletic than I am already. Wanting to make them proud is why I always do my best.

Pet Peeves: Stupidity, meanness and slow drivers in the passing lanes.

3 Words to Describe You: Happy, prickly and funny.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A good book to read, a blank book to write in and if I can count her as a thing, my wife. If not, I’ll bring a pen.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The money. I have nothing more to prove or accomplish but winning.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Experience is the biggie, but I also bring humor and I’m a team player.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Third time is a charm! If I can get past the first three or four votes I’m going all the way. Seriously!

Name (Age): Carter Williams (24)

Current Residence: Shawnee, Kan.

Personal Claim to Fame: Graduating college while running all four years.

Inspiration in Life: My dad. I see what he has done for me! The guy has a heart of a champ!

Hobbies: Surfing, running and eating meals with friends.

Pet Peeves: Laziness!

3 Words to Describe You: Ambitious, inspiring (I’m a dreamer) and lighthearted.

1) Journal - to document my thoughts.
2) A rope swing - because a rope swing on your own private island....doesn’t get much cooler than that..
3) My mom - she would dominate!

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I want to play in challenges with a lot of heart like Ozzy did, but I think I have a personality that is more similar to Erik Reichenbach or Fabio.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Glory! All the people in my generation who say, “oh… I could win that show…” I say, “put up or shut up.” Including me.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I bring people together and make them laugh. That’s important. I’m a leader, and I’m probably one of the best tree climbers.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People enjoy me. I’m competitive but down to earth. I won’t slack off and I’m physically built like a lot of past winners.

Name (Age): Dana Lambert (32)

Current Residence: Winston-Salem, N.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: Truthfully, I have no claim to fame. My friends tell me that my claim to fame is my blonde spiky hair.

Inspiration in Life: Helen Keller, because she succeeded and prevailed against overwhelming odds, and for her work with women’s rights and suffrage.

Hobbies: Home renovations, camping/being outdoors and going out dancing with friends.

Pet Peeves: Slow moving people as well as negativity, arrogance, laziness and narrow-mindedness.

3 Words to Describe You: Energetic, well-rounded, family-oriented.

1) Tweezers – so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a head band on camera.
2) Hair product – because my hair sticks straight up.
3) Picture of my family – to remind myself of the lives it will change if I win.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Boston Rob for his unconquerable spirit and determination.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: For the experience and the money.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m resourceful, I’m good at finding solutions to problems and I’m a hard-worker. Plus, I have experience camping. I can cook and help forage for food. I’m a team player.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I think I have just the right amount of perceptiveness and social skills to succeed. I’m competitive and my life experiences have taught me that observing, timing and determination can go farther than anyone thinks.

Name (Age): Sarah Dawson (28)

Current Residence: Silver Spring, Md.

Personal Claim to Fame: My car was once towed and I was able to talk the owner of the towing company into returning it for free. I have become a local legend.

Inspiration in Life: Neil Patrick Harris. Have you seen that man do a toe touch? Quite inspiring.

Hobbies: Surfing and adventure travel. I love getting to know foreign cultures and flipping strangers into amigos. Also, I think sarcasm should qualify as a hobby; it is an underrated art.

Pet Peeves: Societal pressures of conformity and disrespectful men.

3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, spirited and competitive.

1) A horse
2) An audience
3) A hot guy chef

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Sugar for her uncompromising moral compass and passion, and Sandra, because she is extremely calculating and strategic.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to compete, be the Sole Survivor and win one million dollars!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am personable, comfortable, experienced outdoors and very competitive. I made someone cry while playing Cranium once.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People readily trust me, I am very good as a competitor, I won’t make anyone too bitter and I can talk people into anything.

Name (Age): Jeff Kent (44)

Current Residence: Austin, Texas

Occupation: Retired Major League Baseball Player. I played for the Toronto Blue Jays, New York Mets, Cleveland Indians, San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being a husband and a father to four kids with the ability to provide them with every opportunity to be successful.

Inspiration in Life: My dad is my hero for instilling in me the desire to be the best you can in all that you do, and setting a great example for a happy family.

Hobbies: Hunting, motocross and golf.

Pet Peeves: Stupid people and people who talk too much.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, resilient and hard-headed.

1) A lounge chair to lounge in and sleep in.
2) My iPod to motivate me and tune things out.
3) A pillow to put my most valuable body part on a soft spot.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby Donaldson - for our athletic ability, southern charm and gamesmanship.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To challenge my talents and survival skills under isolated circumstances, and to prove to my family that being resilient pays off.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I enjoy hunting and fishing. I know how to cook outdoors, and I’m good at improvising.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: With my survival skills and instincts, living on an island for 39 days will be easy. Utilizing the other survivors in alliances and/or challenges will take skills that I’ve mastered throughout my baseball career. Motivating and manipulating people is what I did best in the locker room and on the field.

Name (Age): Katie Hanson (22)

Current Residence: Newark, Del.

Personal Claim to Fame: I was Miss Delaware USA for 2011 and competed at the national level at Miss USA.

Inspiration in Life: Alice Wells, because she was appointed the first female police officer in the nation and paved the way for other females in the police force.

Hobbies: Running, working out and traveling. Pet Peeves: I hate bitchy, conceited girls. Those are the girls I love to beat when I compete against them in beauty pageants.

3 Words to Describe You: Very outgoing, athletic and intelligent.

1) Toilet paper – for obvious reasons and to help start a fire.
2) A toothbrush – gotta have fresh breath for the hot guys on the island.
3) My Miss Delaware Sweater – it can keep me warm at night and it also reminds me that if I put my mind to something I can accomplish it!

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Danni Boatwright! I respect her because she proved that pageant girls can kick ##### on Survivor and take home the million dollars. It will happen again!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Winning money and challenges! And, meeting the guy of my dreams!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I love the outdoors which means I will be able to build shelter and catch food. I am very athletic so I know I will be beneficial to my tribe and help us win the immunity challenges.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I feel like I am a well-rounded individual. I excel in athletic competitions and I’m intelligent with a drive to win. That money is mine!

09-04-12, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
If I found myself on a tribe with Penner my first impulse would be to be an ally but not an adoring minion, he would be valuable to my game both as a bigger target and a wealth of experience.

I see Carter doing that. Him being a young coach he would have had to learn at a mentors knee and not have a problem deferring to Penner until he made a move to oust him if push came to shove.

I have to confess I don't follow baseball enough to know Jeff Kent but he doesn't really seem the type to bow to experience, alpha male no doubt? He was on a bunch of teams and it seems like that means he didn't work out in lots of places probably is a douche.

He could be a asset in challenges but may be a pain at camp. Probably not the first to go if they go to TC 1st or 2nd. A week or two of bad behavior and I'd consider him a first boot but only if as a team they have a couple of wins under the belt.

Dana could be a good little pocket vote for someone and I think she'll be willing to "Sandra" and vote anyone as long as it's not her. Penner would see that right away.

Katie & Sarah (and possibly Dana very early) will naturally hang together and could easily be comfortable with Carter, not so much with Jeff or even Penner at first. Penner has the brains to break that little slumber party up early so I can see Katie as the first boot. Helping him to keep Dana as a pocket vote.

Tribe Vibe

09-06-12, 04:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
While he was a world-class prickly jerk, I don't think he moved around solely because he aggravated others, but it sure didn't help. He could very well make the Hall of Fame as one of the best-hitting second basemen ever.

A small dossier on Jeff Kent culled from interviews and comments from reporters and former players that might shed some light into how he may get along on 'Survivor'...

Jeff Kent, who played second base for the Los Angeles Dodgers this season, has stepped into the emotional world of same-sex marriage, giving $15,000 to backers of the California proposition on Tuesday's ballot that would ban it.

Jeff Kent once summed up his career goals during a spring chat with a teammate.

"I'd like to leave the game without a single friend," he told Jeff Bagwell in the spring of 2003.

Bagwell wondered how he was supposed to respond.

"I wanted to tell him he was doing a great job of reaching his goal," he said.

The Astros made Kent’s personality part of the daily conversation.

"Hey, buddy, how’s it going?" Bagwell would say as Kent arrived for work.

At the end of the day, Bagwell would say, "I’ll call you later, OK?"

"Please don't," Kent would say.

During a spring training game vs the San Francisco Giants on March 24th 2001 Randy Johnson threw a fastball that hit and killed a dove that was unfortunate enough to fly in the balls path. The bird literally exploded in a cloud of feathers.

Jeff Kent, the Giants second baseman picked up the dead bird with his bare hands and jokingly pointed toward Johnson before removing it from the field.

Kent, for morbid reasons known only to himself, later fished the bagged remains out of the trash and took it home.

During spring training in 2002, Kent broke a bone in his left wrist, he says, after slipping from his pickup truck at a do-it-yourself car wash. Schulman later reports that Kent, in all likelihood, made up a cover story after doing wheelies on his beloved motorcycle, hitting the curb and falling off the bike.

In the spring after Kent won the MVP, I ran into him at Scottsdale Stadium the day he showed up for camp. I got an exclusive interview in which he told me he was moving his locker to the other side of the clubhouse to be with all the prospects, so perhaps he could share some of his wisdom as a way of repaying the game.

I dutifully wrote it up and thought I had a nice little story. Next day, I mentioned it to a clubbie, who told me Kent actually wanted his locker there because he knew those kids would be shipped to minor-league camp after a couple of weeks and he’d have some lockers on either side of his.

09-11-12, 07:23 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
What a charmer, he might be quite entertaining if he lasts past his team's first TC.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-12-12, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
If his tribemates hate his ornery a$$ as much as his baseball teammates, I wouldn't bet a pile of slightly used horse crap to a new Lamborghini that he'll be able to do that.

09-14-12, 12:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
I don't think Jeff is long for the game, but he did say one thing in this interview that at least makes me think he has a chance of keeping his mouth shut and not turning everyone against him:

"I’ve got skills with manipulating my teammates. Because there have been plenty of teammates that you play with that you don’t like. But you’ve still got to go out there and play the game."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/09/10/survivor-philippines-pre-game-interview-former-mlb-star-jeff-kent/

09-14-12, 02:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
*nods* I noticed that as well.

I also think that it's possible that Penner will see him as an useful tool to have around for a little bit; a guy who will greatly help his tribe in the early challenges and also as an easily-discarded target for when the time is right.

09-18-12, 05:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crispy06 Click to send private message to crispy06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
Kalabaw tribe is looks to be the strongest physically out of all three tribes but it will also have the strongest personalities in Jeff Kent, Johnathan Penner, and Sarah Dawson to name a few. I predict the biggest challenge for this tribe won't be challenges but getting along. For this reason the first boot from this tribe might not be the weakest member but the most annoying one. So let's take a closer look at each member.

Jeff kent- baseball player with strong opinions on a variety of subjects. His biggest challenge will be getting along with people from different backgrounds and his arrogance. His tribe might feel he does not need the money and that could be a reason to boot him. I predict he is going to butt heads with Dana, Jonathan, and Dawson.

Sarah Dawson- funny, bubbly, talkative; her biggest challenge won't be being an asset to the team but her personality might be seen as either charming or annoying. If she can reign that in she could last long in the game. I predict she aligns with Dana, and Jonathan.

Carter- athletic, nice guy but also seems sort of clueless about the game. His biggest challenge is going to be playing with smart strategic players like Jonathan or Dawson who will cut him fast as soon he longer becomes useful. He could probably align with Katie and jeff kent.

Katie- another athletic, smart young girl. She doesn't seem to be funloving so her conservative views could make her align with Kent and pull in Carter.

Dana- I think she will have the hardest time fitting in on this tribe. I predict she might be the weakest of the tribe and could be the first boot unless she forms a strong alliance with Penner, most likely.

Jonathan Penner- strong personality and smart strategic player. He's kind of seen as slimball in previous seasons though so that could be his downfall come merge time. Him and Kent will either go at each others throats or align with each other.

Kalabaw survives the first immunity challenge(based on photos) but could be headed for a downfall due to tribal infighting. I predict this tribe is going to be split down the middle with a surprise boot when it comes down to them voting someone out.

When this tribe goes to their 1st tribal council the boot will likely be either
Dawson, Kent, or Dana

09-18-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Kalabaw Tribe"
crispy, thanks for putting your thoughts out there. As you can tell from my posts, I agree with almost everything you wrote.

You seem to be saying that it'll be Kent, Carter, and Katie vs. Jonathan, Dawson and Dana. I think the key to this tribe is to figure out who no one will want to vote out and figure out which way they'll go. To me, Katie and Carter are the two individuals who are most safe. So which way will they go? My guess is Penner will recognize that they're safe and get them in his alliance quickly. Add Kent's personality and I think both Katie and Carter could be turned off by him.

I think Penner is going to organize a group to take out Kent. They may let go of Dawson or Dana first, if they show themselves to be weak, but then Kent is going to be in trouble.

08-30-12, 02:30 PM (EST)
3. "Tadang"
Abi Maria Gomes
Artis Silvester Lewis
Lisa Whelchel
Mike Skupin
Peter Yurkowski
Roberta Saint-Amour

I am not sure what to think of this tribe. The last time Mike played, it was a very different game. And what a lot of people don’t remember is that Mike was probably going to be voted out if his tribe lost again. He was annoying people left and right. He understood the survival in the wild aspect of the game, but the social game was not his strength. Of course, he may have learned a thing or two since then.

Artis seems really awkward and I think will annoy people. He describes himself as spontaneous (explosive), opinionated and competitive. Oboy. He says he’s playing because he’s tired of yelling and screaming at the TV about how the contestants are playing. He’s the first gone from this tribe.

Abi didn’t really impress me in her video. I think if someone is going to break under the conditions, it’s going to be her.
Pete wants to be the Alpha male. Since the other two alpha males are old guys, I think Pete’s going to try to bring the two younger girls to his side. When he was asked about the other players, he wanted to align with Dana and thought he had to watch out for Denise. Clearly, his allies will be the young people.

RC seems like someone who could go far. She’s athletic and smart. She has an annoying laugh though… Still I think she’s going to be the person who could decide how the first vote of her tribe goes.

I have no idea what to think about Blair Warner being on the show. I don’t think she’ll be the type to backstab – she’s going to find an alliance and try to stick with them – because she has a public persona and won’t want to destroy that. She has some pretty conservative ideas – not sure how that will play out with her tribe, but I don’t think it will hurt her necessarily as there doesn’t seem to be any out of the mainstream people on her tribe.

Assuming Artis doesn’t drive everyone crazy and get himself voted off first, I think this tribe is going divide based on age. Artis, Mike and Lisa vs. Pete, Abi, and RC. RC seems like the person who might decide to break with her group, particularly if Abi doesn’t do well in the first challenge. So in my mind, it’ll either be Artis or Abi. Hmm. I’m picking Artis – he just seems like that socially awkward guy who has no idea how annoying he is.

09-02-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
8. "The Tandang Tribe"
Name (Age): Michael Skupin (50)

Previous Season: “Survivor: The Australian Outback

Previous Finish: Medical Evacuation due to severe burns received after passing out into a fire from smoke inhalation. After inhaling a thick cloud of smoke, I passed out and fell forward into the fire suffering severe burns all over my body, the worst of which was on my hands.

Tribe Designation: Tandang

Current Residence: White Lake, Mich.

Personal Claim to Fame: I have seven of them that I feed everyday – my children. And, ranking 23rd on TV Guide and TV Land's List of the 100 Most Unexpected TV Moments. It’s an honor to have been there when it all started!

Inspiration in Life: My dad, a true warrior who lost a battle to cancer when he was 28 and my mom who battled emphysema for 17 years and never complained. She taught me what tough was.

Hobbies: Sports and fitness, coaching my kids and anything to do with water… in it, on it, over it, looking at it or listening to it.

Pet Peeves: Negativity and pessimism. The glass is always full.

3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, spontaneous and competitive.

1) Animals to hunt for food.
2) An impenetrable shelter.
3) An unbreakable alliance.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To avenge a long-standing internal battle, wondering if I can win this game in spite of the changes and my 12 year absence. No matter what any returning player may say, you never stop thinking about going back. And: 7 cars when they turn 16, 7 college educations, 7 weddings… I want to be there for my kids at all times when they need me.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: The physical part I’m ultra prepared for. I never stop moving. The survival part won’t be an issue. I grew up in the woods. My crazy family life has prepared me exceptionally for the mental part. I’m surviving seven kids!

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: There is no other returning player in the history of this game with more to prove than me. I’ll find a way to win, whatever it takes! I won’t give up… ever, ever , ever, ever!

Name (Age): Abi-Maria Gomes (32)

Current Residence: Los Angeles

Personal Claim to Fame: Traveling the world on my own and becoming an American citizen. I now have dual citizenship in the United States and Brazil.

Inspiration in Life: Steve Jobs’ words, "Stay Hungry. Stay foolish."

Hobbies: Languages, hiking, dancing, surfing and skiing.

Pet Peeves: Complainers

3 Words to Describe You: Driven, creative and charming.

1) I would bring a book to distract me.
2) I would bring a pen for writing.
3) And, I would bring a notebook to write on.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Parvati – she is as charming as I am.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The money!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I bring social skills and team work. I am a motivator. I will also bring a very positive energy.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I will bring my “A” game! I am strategic, I am athletic and I have an ability to persuade situations to my favor.

Name (Age): Artis Silvester (53)

Current Residence: Terry Town, La.

Personal Claim to Fame: Beating stage 4 cancer.

Inspiration in Life: My ex-wife - she’s my light, my strength, my everything. I pray everyday that we are brought back together.

Hobbies: Martial arts, motorcycle riding and bowling.

Pet Peeves: Traffic, know-it-all people, bullies or people that prey or pick on those weaker than themselves.

3 Words to Describe You: Spontaneous (sometimes explosive), opinionated and competitive.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I’m a combination of Rudy, Rupert and James. I have Rudy and Rupert’s cunning leadership and likability. I have James’s physical appeal – even at 52.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The million dollar prize and the chance for the experience of a lifetime. Plus, I’m tired of yelling and screaming at my TV about how the contestants are playing.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have physical and mental strength, creativity, adaptability and a sense of humor. I’m an incredible manipulator and I have an uncanny ability to remain calm in stressful situations.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: When the odds are stacked against me that is when I shine the most. Although I’m definitely no angel, I believe I do have a guardian angel watching over me. No one has been more persistent than me to be on the show and it is because I know I can win if given the chance.

Name (Age): Lisa Whelchel (49)

Current Residence: Dallas, Texas

Personal Claim to Fame: My three delightful and interesting children and the close friendship we enjoy.

Inspiration in Life: I admire and respect Oprah. She has used her fame and fortune to help people.

Hobbies: Reading, scrapbooking and traveling.

Pet Peeves: People who judge other people.

3 Words to Describe You: Quick-witted, sharp-minded and brave-hearted.

1) A Bible with giant print because I don’t know if I would have my reading glasses.
2) A journal and a pen because I have a terrible memory and I don’t want to forget a minute of this experience.
3) Playing cards because I love to play games.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colby – I’m competitive, genuine and from Texas!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I LOVE the game and was born to play it. Plus, I want to meet Jeff Probst.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am strong physically, intellectually and in will.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My inherent make up is to assess the big picture goal, determine the steps to reach it, gain everything there is to learn about how to accomplish the goal, jump in with both feet, connect with other people’s strengths and never give up until the job is done.

Name (Age): Peter “Pete” Yurkowski (24)

Current Residence: Holmdel, N.J.

Personal Claim to Fame: Graduating with an engineering degree and putting it on the back burner. Gotta' do what you love.

Hobbies: Going to bars and meeting girls, going to the gym and making beats.

Pet Peeves: Stupid people definitely sit at number one. But, here goes the list: ditsy girls, girls that wear tiaras to bars on their birthdays, meat heads, people that are happy all the time, people that beat around the bush, bad ideas, traffic circles, buildings that are structurally unsound and escalators – especially when they don’t work.

3 Words to Describe You: Crazy, funny, manipulative and intelligent.

1) My stuffed pillow pet turtle named Hambone. He is coming because Hambone goes where I go. He will be an icon for the show. Plus, how can girls not melt when they find out that one of the things I brought was a stuffed animal.
2) A bottle of rum.
3) Ukrainian Flag… Grandpa would be proud.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Russell Hantz, because he manipulated everyone and was a boss the entire time. Puppet mastery is the name of the game.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to be the alpha male. This show is predominately about who is the leader of the pack and that’s me. I’ve been busy with school and graduation but now that’s all over. It’s my time to dominate this game and win it. Plus, I want a million dollars.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m strong, I’m agile, I have excellent balance, I’m intelligent, I can empower you through the use of speech, I can strategize like Napoleon and I’m a leader.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I take charge of situations and am willing to put my reputation on the line to manipulate and make it to the end. I am not on the island to make friends. I want to win. I have the athletic and intellectual means to conquer anything and anyone you throw at me.

Name (Age): Roberta “RC” Saint-Amour (27)

Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Personal Claim to Fame: I was the 112th Wellesley Hoop Rolling Champion – the oldest and most beloved Wellesley tradition. The winner is said to be the first person in her class to achieve success, however she defines it.

Inspiration in Life: My mother – she has always been there for me, guiding me, helping me, teaching me right from wrong and sacrificing for me. She always wants the best for me and inspires me to believe that my happiness only comes from my own self-respect.

Hobbies: Swimming, running and traveling.

Pet Peeves: Annoying people and inefficiency.

3 Words to Describe You: Outgoing, headstrong and exuberant.

1) A good book that I could read over and over again.
2) A puppy so I can have at least one loyal friend.
3) A radio to listen to music and news.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: None – I’m an original. There’s no one like me!

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I have been a huge fan of “Survivor” since the beginning. I want to be on the show to win sole survivor and prove to myself that I can do it.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I would be a great physical asset for the team. I am mentally tough and very little bothers me.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have the perfect combination of physical and mental strengths. I’m an athlete and have been a competitive swimmer since the age of 5. I hold a Masters All-American title, earned 12 top 10 national master’s records in the last four years, held numerous college and high school records. I ran a half Boston marathon without training and swam the English Channel. As an investment banker, I’m very analytical and have survived Wall Street and the fall of Bear Stearns.

09-14-12, 12:10 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Tandang Tribe"
Thanks again, Pepe, for bringing this over.

Here's an exchange from an interview which shows Artis is going to annoy the hell out of everyone.

Holmes: I’m going to read directly from your bio, “Pet Peeves: Know-it-all people, bullies, people who prey on weaker people.” I’m betting you’re going to run into some of that in the next thirty nine days.

Artis: Yes.

Holmes: Can you internalize and keep your cool around these people?

Artis: No. (Laughs) I will confront a bully. I will confront them head on because they’re just weak. They pick on people they know are scared of them. I’ll show you you can be dominated just as well. If it costs me, it costs me.

I think it's going to cost him.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/09/13/survivor-philippines-pre-game-interview-artis-silvester/

09-18-12, 08:28 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Tadang"

Left to right: Mike Skupin, RC, Artis, Lisa, Pete, Abi

Note their body paint....they all have the same print design on their upper left arm. Which leads me to believe that this picture of Mike is indeed from the first challenge....

09-18-12, 09:08 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Tadang"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-12 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

OH CARP.....I agree Corvis, why oh why can we not edit Subjects! Ha!

This is the KALABAW Tribe, the RED tribe.

Left to Right...Katie, Jeff, Sarah, Carter, Dana, Jonathan

09-17-12, 01:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
So based on the excellent work in the Challenge Vidcaps thread, I think it's going to be Matsing (blue tribe) entering TC first. Therefore, I'm picking Angie to be the first boot of the new season.

What do you think?

(Or is there a spoiler out there and all of you already know it's someone else...? Wait, don't answer that! I don't wanna know.)

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
I'm completely on board with maintaining your unsourced adventure. However, since the VidCap threads are also of *Unsourced* speculation, I have to note to you that there are a couple of caps from a future challenge that might have gone unnoticed AND indicate that certain survivors will still be there past the episode 1 IC.

09-17-12, 04:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-12 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

In my mind, vidcaps are just fine. I want to know if there are vidcaps that tell us stuff. It's when someone comes in and says "Russell Hantz is my cousin and here's the boot list." That's what I am avoiding.

So... who makes it past the first ep based on the vidcap evidence? And I do remember times when we thought a vidcap was one person and it turned out to be someone else... so nothing is foolproof. Some water challenge a few seasons ago... can't remember the specifics.

Edited to add: Okay, I see there's a vicap of Angie with a rope that might be from a future episode. Hmmm. I'm going to head over to that thread and hopefully not run into any source stuff.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
I'm going to head over to that thread and hopefully not run into any source stuff.

I am doing my part to insure the Vidcap threads remain Source-Free.
I will also make note to include in the title (or the first 200 spaces) a No-Source material rule within each of them.

09-18-12, 05:37 AM (EST)
25. "RE: 1st boot and tribe dynamics speculation - No source spoilers!"
The Tandang tribe is probably the second strongest tribe out of the three but it also as the weakest personalities (imo) and people with similar backgrounds for the most part. I think this tribe will be a peaceful, hardworking tribe with Mike Skupin as the leader and could last with most or all of its members until the merge. But let's take a closer look at the members.

Artis-looks like a strong older man and a fan of the game. But he also seems to think he knows more than he really does. He could be seen as too overconfident and get blindsided as a result.

Abi-Marie- reminds be of a young Sandra. Saucy latina with a mouth on her, who thinks she can run the game and do anything to win. She might also find out that she's alittle to big for her bridges like Artis. She could be an outsider with this group and be a first boot for playing too hard early. Biggest problem will be trying to form an alliance on this tribe.

RC- smart young lady; new yorker so she might find it hard living on the island. Lucky for her, I think her tribe will stay mostly intact until the merge. She will likely make the merge and after that I think she is going to be hanging between different factions, could be a crucial swing vote.

Pete- he will be an asset to the tribe early and seems to be smart as well. He will have trouble making it after the merge though for being seen as a threat. I think he aligns with Mike Skupin early on.

Lisa- former actress; conservative older woman. Doesn't seem to be very athletic so that could be seen as early boot fodder. her best chance of staying in the game is to align with a strong male, either Mike Skupin or Pete. I predict that she will atleast make the merge because she is getting so many promos.

Mike Skupin- another returnee but he is the one in the least danger because he doesn't have strong personalities or strong strategic players on his tribe. He will take the leader role immediately and gain success at it. I predict he makes the merge with little fanfare; after that he is in trouble, he has to come with a strong alliance or else some members of his former tribe, most likely RC,might want to break off and get him out.

So just like before with kalabaw, I predict Tandang will be a strong tribe and they survive the first episode based on screencaps. I really think this tribe will last long, meaning it may have the most members when the merge comes. The biggest challenge will be who do they vote out first when/if they do go to tribal? It will most likely be a unanimous decision based on trust. Therefore, the first boot from Tandang will be either:
Abi-Marie, Artis or Lisa

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •