The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Challenge vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Challenge vidcaps"
As the pre-show vidcaps come out, please post any future challenge shots here to sort out. Thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 1 Challenge Flowerpower 08-25-12 1
   Post Ep 1 Challenge(s) tribephyl 08-26-12 2
       RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s) Corvis 09-17-12 10
           RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s) tribephyl 09-17-12 14
       Future Challenge(s) tribephyl 09-17-12 11
       RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s) Sheldor 09-18-12 15
           RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s) tribephyl 09-18-12 17
   Thoughts on EP1 Challenge tribephyl 08-26-12 3
       RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge tribephyl 08-27-12 4
           RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge tribephyl 09-01-12 5
               RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge Corvis 09-04-12 6
                   RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge tribephyl 09-04-12 7
       1st Challenge Defined tribephyl 09-04-12 8
           RE: 1st Challenge Defined byoffer 09-06-12 9
               RE: 1st Challenge Defined tribephyl 09-17-12 13
           additional IC1 caps tribephyl 09-17-12 12
           RE: 1st Challenge Defined Sheldor 09-18-12 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Episode 1 Challenge"
Here is a picture of the cast at the first challenge...

Since they are all in warpaint, this is an easy challenge to collect vidcaps for....here is Mike in the group shot, note the brown haired lady in front of him...

Note the paint on Mike's cheek here...and note that they have a mask, perhaps to retrieve things located on the ocean floor...?

Now, I don't know if this next cap is from the same challenge, but Mike is in warpaint and using a scuba mask....?

Note something white on Russell's forehead, and the belt to tether with some one as well....

...here is Russell tethered to a team mate (? Zane Knight?), and they have collected oars

Now, here are some of Penner and his tribe, note no sign of any belt for being tethered together....

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-12, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Post Ep 1 Challenge(s)"
Looking through the caps it's clear we have a couple of different challenges being shown.

Again, for reference, the tribes as they are gathered for their first IC:

Now taking into consideration; paint, clothing and buff position we can see some other challenge shots emerge...

Tandang:
(Arrival to Challenge of Abi, Lisa and RC with guys following. Note No Paint.)
(RC, No Paint and with a rope.)
(Artis and Mike/Peter?, no paint. Buff on arm NOT neck.)

(Mike has paint on but it does NOT match the paint from the first challenge...note the pattern on his left arm and the big circle on his back.)

Kalabaw:
(Faces are beyond blurry, but it looks to be Katie leading off the tribe and Jonathan's hat on their walk to the Challenge. Possible paint but again, too blurry to discern.)

Matsing:
(Malcolm carrying flag)
(Angie with rope.)
(Roxanne. She actually looks to have some sort of tribal colored belt on. and I don't see a rope. But I also don't see paint)

In closing, I gather the bootee will not be....
(from Tandang: ) Abi, Lisa, RC, Artis, Mike/Peter all seen post IC1.
(from Kalabaw: ) Katie and Jonathan... possibly seen Post IC1.
(from Matsing: ) Malcolm, Angie and Roxanne seen post IC1.

Which means the first bootee has to be from either Kalabaw or Matsing.
And I seriously doubt it's a returnee, so removing Russell/Jon and Mike from bootee contention.
1st Bootee is one of...
Zane, Angie, Denise,
Dana, Dawson, Jeff or Carter.

And considering the spoilers out there... we can at least remove 1 more name from that list.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-12, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-12 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

Okay, so following up on this since I have Angie as a possible first boot. I went out and satisfied myself that that is definitely Angie. Here's a pic of her in that swimsuit.

But my question is ... do we have any context for that rope pic? Are we sure it's from a challenge? I haven't seen the actual promo, just the vidcaps.

09-17-12, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s)"
Well we don't know for sure it is from a challenge just yet, but there are other shots of players with rope. I also made note of the costume changes and of the lack of paint, worn at the first challenge. (Also, buff position played a part.)

Angie with Rope...

Angie at first IC...

RC with Rope (no belt)...

Michael with shirt on, different facial paint, looking as if pulling something...

Similar lighting on all of them.

The only ropes in IC1 are connecting the "belted" duos...

...whom run into the jungle and acquire the oars. None of the rest of IC1 includes rope.

It is still possible that RC, Mike and Angie have need to pull on a rope outside of a challenge situation, but not probable.

09-17-12, 04:58 PM (EST)
11. "Future Challenge(s)"
Tandang Safe for ep 1:
Abi, Lisa, RC, Artis, Pete, Michael.

Kalabaw Safe for ep 1:
Katie, Jonathan, Jeff

Matsing Safe for ep1:
Malcolm, Angie, Roxanne

Considering the ever-increasing evidence for the first boot coming from Matsing... It looks like either Denise, Zane or Russell is the first boot.
(And since I have been sourced, even if just a little, I will refrain from giving any further, 'tainted' deductions.)

Sheldor 4629 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-18-12, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s)"
tribephyl wrote:

>Tandang:

(Artis and Mike/Peter?, no paint. Buff on arm NOT neck.)

This cap was in the middle of last season's reunion preview showing clips of possible returning players. I believe the person in front is not Artis but rather Sean Rector from Marquesas and the person in back of Sean is Patricia Jackson. They were both on the yellow Maraamu tribe. This must have been episode 1 or 2 as Patricia was voted out in episode 2.

The man in front has a tattoo on his right upper arm that matches Sean's tattoo and the necklace appears to match too

and the buff location matches how Sean would wear his buff and the bracelet matches too

I think the large muscular arm behind Sean is Patricia Jackson

Artis has a completely different type of bathing suit and it is bright orange:

09-18-12, 07:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Post Ep 1 Challenge(s)"
Thank you, Sheldor.

I did initial checks and having found no obvious matches still considered this cap to be relevant.
However, your inclusion of this cap...

...sways me completely.

And even though I don't agree it's Patricia behind (More likely Hunter) and Sean's shorts are orange (just as orange as Artis'), it's the tattoo and the necklace that are dead giveaways.
Thank you.

08-26-12, 05:47 PM (EST)
3. "Thoughts on EP1 Challenge"
Well it certainly looks like the tribes are initially split up into a group of 2 and a group of 4. (OR three groups of 2 and dependent upon their order may all start out tethered together and then un-tether themselves when they retrieve their oars/paddles.) However...

Initially my thought is that it is a 2/4 split.
The group of 4 wait for the tethered group of two to retrieve the paddles. Once the tethered duo have returned, the group of 4 runs off to complete the next phase of challenge. Leaving the group of 2 to cheer for them. Once that phase is complete it goes back to the group of two to swim out and retrieve a box. And probably goes back to the group of four for the final bit of the challenge. Leaving the wet duo to cheer.
Run in 4 phases: Duo retrieve oars / Group of 4 do phase 2 / Duo run into water and retrieve box / Group of four completes puzzle (from pieces inside of box?) and raise flag, finishing challenge.

Kalabaw:

(Jonathan directing Jeff and Carter's return with oars/paddles.)

(and then running off with Dawson, Dana and Katie to complete their phase of challenge.)

Matsing:

(Tethered duo Zane and Russell running with oars/paddles towards goal, with Angie, Denise, Malcolm and Roxanne being the group of 4.)

(Russell, still with tether belt, yelling. Either they are allowed to untether themselves after retrieving oars/paddles or Zane is laying down, crouching out of frame.)

Tandang:

(Mike and Artis, already returned with their oars/paddles, waiting for Abi, Lisa, RC and Peter to finish their phase of the challenge. Notice Michael seems to be yelling directions.)

(Michael with paint, swimming with Box and snorkel-mask. Considering him and Artis look wet in previous cap, I gather the tethered duo will have to swim for the box AFTER they retrieve the oars and after the group of four do their initial phase of the challenge.)

I also believe, that much like All-Stars, the top 2 tribes will win immunity while the losing tribe will go to TC.

08-27-12, 02:47 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge"
Found some more caps and It's definitely coming together now...

Reward and two idols...

Start of challenge...
Tethered in pairs, Zane/Russell, RC/Artis, Dana/Katie lead us off.

Kalabaw at challenge...
Kalabaw on their mat with a visible Tandang Puzzle base seen behind.

Carter running with oars...

to the boat and pushing out to sea.

All 6 Kalabaw "rolling" crate up the beach.

Matsing at challenge...
Denise and Malcolm pushing matsing boat out to sea.

Tandang Puzzle Phase...
Puzzle Phase with Lisa and Abi working the puzzle. Other four members cheering/assisting from behind.

09-01-12, 06:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge"
Some more caps, this time of Kalabaw's final puzzle stage...

and a very happy Jonathan (and clapping Dana)...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-04-12, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge"
Here's a link to a description of the challenge from one the press guys who ran through it.

LINK

09-04-12, 02:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Thoughts on EP1 Challenge"
Thanks Corvis!

A small translation here:
The challenge is broken into three phases.
1st Phase. Two members of each tribe will be tethered together and will run across a field and down a path that leads through a jungle. Once they’re through the path, they’ll come upon a clearing that has a cargo net that leads up to a platform. At the top of the platform is a box that is held closed with a series of knotted ropes. When the duo unties all of their knots and opens their tribe’s box, they’ll find a pair of paddles. They’ll then take those paddles down the cargo net, through the jungle, and back to their teammates.

2nd Phase. Two members will have to push their boat across the beach and into the water. Once it’s there, they’ll hop in and paddle out to a buoy. Then, both members will hop into the water. One of them will swim down and release a chest from the bottom of the ocean. When the chest surfaces, the two of them will need to swim to shore while pushing the chest. When the chest reaches a certain point, the other members of the tribe are allowed to run down and help bring the chest back to the starting point of the challenge.

3rd Phase. Here the final two members of the tribe will crack open the chest and retrieve some puzzle pieces. These pieces will fit together to form a tower-type structure. The first tribe to complete the puzzle wins immunity and a reward. The second tribe will receive immunity. The third tribe will be sent to Tribal Council.

09-04-12, 03:20 PM (EST)
8. "1st Challenge Defined"

Tribes come in and see the two "bird" immunity idols and a reward basket of firewood.

Phase 1:

Two members of each tribe will be tethered together and will run across a field and down a path that leads through a jungle. Once they’re through the path, they’ll come upon a clearing that has a cargo net that leads up to a platform. At the top of the platform is a box that is held closed with a series of knotted ropes. When the duo unties all of their knots and opens their tribe’s box, they’ll find a pair of paddles. They’ll then take those paddles down the cargo net, through the jungle, and back to their teammates.
Phase 1
Kalabaw: Dana/Katie
Tandang: Artis/RC
Matsing: Russell/Zane

Phase 2:

Two members will have to push their boat across the beach and into the water. Once it’s there, they’ll hop in and paddle out to a buoy. Then, both members will hop into the water. One of them will swim down and release a chest from the bottom of the ocean. When the chest surfaces, the two of them will need to swim to shore while pushing the chest. When the chest reaches a certain point, the other members of the tribe are allowed to run down and help bring the chest back to the starting point of the challenge.
Phase 2:
Kalabaw: Carson/Jeff
Tandang: Michael/Peter
Matsing: Malcolm/Denise

Notice that RC is already back from Phase 1 as Carter leaves for Phase 2

Phase 3:

Here the final two members of the tribe will crack open the chest and retrieve some puzzle pieces. These pieces will fit together to form a tower-type structure. The first tribe to complete the puzzle wins immunity and a reward. The second tribe will receive immunity. The third tribe will be sent to Tribal Council.
Phase 3:
Kalabaw: Jonathan/Dawson
Tandang: Lisa/Abi
Matsing: Angie/Roxanne

From a personal standing, it looks to me like Matsing(blue) is the loser in this challenge.
Russell may be strong to lead off, but seeing as how he's tethered to the heavy-smoker Zane, they'll probably start off at a deficit. Malcolm and Denise could make up some distance for Phase 2 but I doubt they end up being one of the first two tribes to reach the beach. Even if they are that ultimately leaves the final phase of the challenge for Angie and Roxanne to finish.
And I highly doubt they will catch up and surpass another tribe to win the immunity.
Going a little further to state that this challenge will either be blamed on Zane or Roxanne or Angie.
Angie has the likeability to get passed the first TC, So I'm picking either Zane or Roxanne as our first boot.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-12, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 1st Challenge Defined"
Awesome challenge definition, Tribe. I love when you do these.

I am wonderin about the following picture:

In particular, the body language of Dana in the background. Is that the body language of a team about to win the challenge? I don't think so. Then again, does the yellow team show anxiety in their team photo? I would have expected more emotion from those watching this phase of the challenge. These pictures must be early in phase 3, and my hunch is that Tribe is correct that the blue team is far behind.

09-17-12, 05:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 1st Challenge Defined"
I agree it's early phase 3, and while the remainder of Tandang is also not showing signs of anxiety, there is Michael, of course, yelling instructions...

I imagine the overall non-anxiety of fellow castmates is because there will be a definite time difference between tribes completing the challenge.
Tandang probably soundly wins IC 1 by a large margin. Followed by Kalabaw and then a fairly resigned Matsing. OR Matsing could show signs of catching up but it would have to happen shortly after this...

...in order for a sense of emergency to evolve.

09-17-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
12. "additional IC1 caps"

Sheldor 4629 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-18-12, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 1st Challenge Defined"
GREAT post tribephyl!! Really lays out the first immunity/reward challenge.

I also wanted to mention that the war paint must be pretty water soluble so the 2 shots of Mike where the war paint look different are actually the same challenge.

Tandang tribe starts out looking like this (note arm band on each player and war paint on the men especially Pete)

We know Artis/RC do Part 1 tethered together and that Mike and Pete do Part 2 (boat portion). Here we see Mike trying to see the crate at the bottom of the ocean before he dives in so he still has war paint on back and arm.

After diving in with Pete to retrieve the crate the war paint is off of Mike's back and his arm

Artis/RC helped retrieve the crate when Mike/Pete got the crate near shore so most of Artis' war paint is gone and quite a bit of is missing from Mike too

As they cheer on Lisa and Abi you can see Artis no longer has his war paint arm band, Pete has NO war paint at all!, and RC has also lost her arm band. Lisa and Abi still have their arm band as they probably did not wade out very far to help with the crate.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •