The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E11 Title - 'Never Say Die'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-12, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E11 Title - 'Never Say Die'"
Thread for discussion of teaasers and clues for E11

Title courtesy of VG at EZbd. (ty VG)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E11 Press release Blind Freddy 04-19-12 1
   Easy translation. Estee 04-19-12 2
   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-19-12 3
       RE: E11 Press release itsagame 04-19-12 4
           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-19-12 5
   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-19-12 6
       RE: E11 Press release rachelOH63 04-19-12 7
           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-19-12 9
               RE: E11 Press release VolcanicGlass 04-19-12 11
                   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-20-12 13
                       RE: E11 Press release VolcanicGlass 04-20-12 19
                   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-20-12 14
                       RE: E11 Press release dabo 04-20-12 15
                       RE: E11 Press release PepeLePew13 04-20-12 17
                       RE: E11 Press release VolcanicGlass 04-20-12 20
                           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-22-12 27
                       RE: E11 Press release Belle Book 04-20-12 21
                           RE: E11 Press release parathor 04-20-12 22
                               RE: E11 Press release Loree 04-20-12 23
                                   Kim... Flowerpower 04-20-12 25
                               RE: E11 Press release PepeLePew13 04-20-12 26
                                   RE: E11 Press release parathor 04-24-12 32
                       RE: E11 Press release bondt007 04-20-12 24
                           RE: E11 Press release Gothmog 04-22-12 28
                               RE: E11 Press release Flowerpower 04-24-12 31
                                   RE: E11 Press release VolcanicGlass 04-24-12 33
                                       RE: E11 Press release Flowerpower 04-24-12 34
                                           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 41
                                       RE: E11 Press release dabo 04-24-12 35
                                           RE: E11 Press release Flowerpower 04-24-12 36
                                               RE: E11 Press release dabo 04-24-12 37
                                                   RE: E11 Press release PepeLePew13 04-24-12 40
                                               RE: E11 Press release VolcanicGlass 04-24-12 38
                                                   RE: E11 Press release Flowerpower 04-24-12 49
                                                       RE: E11 Press release OllieKat 04-24-12 50
                                                           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 52
                                                               RE: E11 Press release OllieKat 04-24-12 53
                                                                   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-25-12 55
                                                               Aside dabo 04-25-12 54
                                                               RE: E11 Press release PhillyBrat 04-25-12 57
                                   RE: E11 Press release jasonkola 04-24-12 39
                                   Chelsea pics Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 42
       RE: E11 Press release PepeLePew13 04-19-12 10
           RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-20-12 12
               RE: E11 Press release PepeLePew13 04-20-12 16
               RE: E11 Press release tullfan 04-24-12 43
                   RE: E11 Press release Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 45
   RE: E11 Press release michel 04-19-12 8
       RE: E11 Press release Flowerpower 04-20-12 18
 TitanTV episode description Blind Freddy 04-24-12 29
   RE: TitanTV episode description Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 30
   RE: TitanTV episode description VolcanicGlass 04-24-12 44
       RE: TitanTV episode description Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 46
       TV Guide print edition Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 47
       RE: TitanTV episode description Outfrontgirl 04-24-12 48
           RE: TitanTV episode description OllieKat 04-24-12 51
               RE: TitanTV episode description dabo 04-25-12 56
   RE: TitanTV episode description chinadj 04-25-12 58
       RE: TitanTV episode description Blind Freddy 04-25-12 59
           RE: TitanTV episode description CTgirl 04-25-12 60
       RE: TitanTV episode description Sheldor 04-25-12 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-19-12, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-12 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

From CBS the E11 Press Release....
Courtesy of 'they say' at EZbd

------------------------

CASTAWAYS OIL THEMSELVES UP FOR A WET AND WILD IMMUNITY CHALLENGE, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD,” WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25

CHEAT TWEET: Castaways R sliding down a slippery slope! Tensions rise & alliances are tested on #Survivor Wed, April 25 @ 8pmET/PT! http://bit.ly/HVxB4T

"Never Say Die" — Castaways oil themselves up for a wet and wild immunity challenge. While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation, Tikiano’s sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp, and feelings of alienation drive leery tribe members to seek out all of their elimination options, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
---------------------

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-12, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Easy translation."
'This is a standard mid-Pagonging episode, but we're going to do our best to edit up anything which might faintly resemble doubt.'

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E11 Press release"
Title: Troy This is my Island Zan refuses to concede defeat.

Haven't read any Ep 11 spec yet, but could they do a choose who goes reward that shows who is in with whom?

Kat is hurt and so is Sabrina. They realize how closely allied Kim and Chelsea are?

F8 is more likely 2 teams of 4 than individual, but something hurts feelings.

Shots of Kim from this challenge in pre show preview -- is this the beginning of the end for Kim?

itsagame 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-19-12, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail itsagame Click to send private message to itsagame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E11 Press release"
I'm confused so slip & slide is for Immunity? team Immunity or does one win & they pick 3 others to go with them? & NO reward challenge?

04-19-12, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E11 Press release"
Not clear, but TDT's calendar shows time for regular 3-day episodes, so there is time for two challenges. Could be a typo or could be an IC where last person standing wins reward and chooses company.

04-19-12, 08:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: E11 Press release"
It seems like they are combining reward and immunity, not sure why.

We see the powwow of the 5 losers in the preview.

Kim, Alicia, Chelsea go on reward. As only three go, it must be a loser picks one and then another one type deal. Alicia's inclusion must make the paranoia fly -- unless Alicia is the winner.

Kim is getting the heat from Kat, so it looks like Kim wins (not to mention the editors picked shots from this challenge to highlight Kim before the premiere).

It's very hard to tell if this is Troy's last episode. It should be. Only the non-existent idol can save him now.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-12, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-12 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-19-12 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

>Kim is getting the heat from
>Kat, so it looks like
>Kim wins (not to mention
>the editors picked shots from
>this challenge to highlight Kim
>before the premiere).

I made up one scenario for Kim & Kat's conversation in the vidcap thread, but my other idea is that someone else won...let's say Chelsea...and Chelsea picked Kim over Kat. Kat is saying she had a bad day...and Kim says, "I'm having a bad day too"...meaning, she really needed the reward she got chosen for just as much as Kat. She's saying she had a bad day but really she's just covering her closeness with Chelsea. I still think Kim sounds fake consoling Kat tho! Meow!
edited: typo

04-19-12, 10:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: E11 Press release"
Kim being fake some more.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2224394457/survivor-one-world-kim-confesses-to-troyzan

Kat says: I'm furious.
Kim says: I'm having a bad day too, I'm having my worst day out here ever.

That has to be about more than "I need food and a reward too."

The clip I linked is a good one. Kim says the alliance with Jay and Troy was never a true F4. It was only to keep herself safe in nuSalani until she could merge and go back to her original girl alliance.

They edited that well to make it sound like she was considering that option.

Kim comes off very fake when doing her damage control. It is too late for her to tell Troy she is back to being honest with him. She did seem to rock his world a little with the Jay ratted out the idol info.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: E11 Press release"
Perception is such a funny thing. I didn't think Kim came off as fake at all. She was doing damage control, in a smart, calm, logical way. As soon as she was able to do so, she told Troyzan where her allegiance was, did it in a non-confrontational way, and left him not hating her, rather provided a secondary reason for her decision. It's all part of the game, and she handled talking to a person on the losing side of a TC blindside about as well as I have ever seen anyone do it.

04-20-12, 00:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: E11 Press release"
but he does hate her ...
and his desire to vote her out was not reduced at all, so it wasn't very successful at damage control.

Fake is probably not the right word, but her approach came off as exactly what it was -- her doing damage control, not her being a caring person who cared that she had gone after her ally and tried to blindside him.

She made it very clear that their alliance was non-existent now, and the whole idea that men and women could join up was out the window, and that was probably hurtful.

I'm sure it's very individual what we admire. I would admire a more empathetic approach, and you admire the more calm, logical approach.

I just don't feel that explaining you acted in total self interest to screw a person over is that good of a sell. There are board games and card games and field games and then there are life situations in which there is a mixture of competition and bonding. Telling people the bonding was a game move is going to produce hurt with a passionate player like Troyzan.

Troy's tweets indicate a huge amount of animosity for Kim. I don't think she can possibly betray his trust further at this point, as there won't be any more trust, so the anger must relate to the betrayal we've already seen.

04-20-12, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: E11 Press release"
Troyzan does seem to hate Kim now, but the question is not whether he does, rather when did it become so virulent. In the clip you linked above, Kim does two things: say that Troyzan was going to be their first target, then she tells him she had knowledge, via Jay, that she was their target. In essence, she has neutralized the "you betrayed the alliance" argument, because he was striking against her as well. Of course, we can then get into a chicken and the egg argument, but the main point is still there. It should also be noted that at the end of that conversation, Troyzan may be angry, but the primary emotions that come through, for me, are disappointment, resignation, and sadness.

I will grant you that not taking into account the emotional makeup of individual players is a potential landmine, but I would also argue that Troyzan's outbursts have more to do with frustration at having his back against the wall than at having being lied to by other players. That said, we could be seeing the groundwork of how the Jury sways in the end.

04-20-12, 01:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: E11 Press release"
I feel bad now for being argumentative.
I don't know how to give a logical reason for exactly why I dislike Kim, but I really dislike her intensely, and I don't want her to win.

I am pretty much watching the show in hopes that something takes her out.
I dislike Alicia more than Kim, but of the others, I like everyone else better. Now why do I feel that way? Is it really Kim, or does editing want me to dislike her? But ... you like her, and michel likes her, and Pepe, so it is not universal.

OTOH, quite a few people dislike her for the same reasons I have.

In my case, it doesn't help that I loathe the wedding industry in the USA and think big weddings are a colossal waste of money and stressor on relationships. So I do regard Kim as something akin to a pusher when it comes to her business. She seems cold and calculating and she lives by getting people to accept that they need to spend a ton of money to live their dreams.

OK, that part is probably an unfair bias on my part.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-12 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

I get it, sales is inherently a political profession, and you can never entirely trust a politician. Are they just saying what they think you want to hear in order to motivate you to do what they want you to do whether or not it is really what you want or in your best interests? There is always that nagging uncertainty.

My assessment of Kim is that she is a good player in terms of head in the game, motivating people to do what she wants, in essence she is playing all of them out there. She is not, on the other hand, particularly entertaining. She has Kat for that, Kat is the entertainer. Kim can take joy in her good fortune, she just cannot wring any humor or entertainment from it.

In the last episode, with Troy going on his ragin' rampage, she finally showed she can be disturbed. And there is a blindside there.

It also rattled Sabrina and Chelsea, pushed their emotional buttons. As it turned out it didn't shake anything out of any of them to alter the course of the game, but it could have and the power players left themselves open. But mainly because Alicia got turned off by Troy's antics first, Troy got on Christina first and that was his big mistake, he blew it. Why in heck did he get on the New Manono when it was the New Salani who played him?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-12 AT 07:36 AM (EST)

Heh... you've been a fan of certain players that I detested, some of whom were cold and calculating towards other players, so I guess it's all just a matter of perception.

I'm not a fan of Kim because her sunny disposition or lack of, but rather for her remarkable gameplay as I think she's performing at a level so few Survivors have ever managed to reach. I find that admirable that a woman is being edited as such a strong player for a change after years of the editors not giving women a fair edit.

I posted more here in response to a Georjanna question about why I viewed Kim the way I do: Why Kim could be a winner for the ages

04-20-12, 08:19 AM (EST)
20. "RE: E11 Press release"
I like argumentative, though we are probably having this discussion in the wrong forum. ;)

Certainly, there are times when there is no rational explanation for liking or not liking someone. As you note, in terms of analyzing the Survivor narrative, it is important to separate our own personal biases from the editor's intent.

To me, it is irrelevant whether I like Kim or not. It is interesting that the editors have chosen so many scenes that translate as her being arrogant, because that is not how she comes across in confessionals to me. Rather, she has the necessary detachment to analyze a situation, react quickly, and make moves. Case in point, her reaction after the auction, where she acknowledges the missed opportunity about the advantage lot, takes responsibility for her part in it, and doesn't dwell on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEf-haBHV_k Whether she can sell her case to the Jury, if she gets there, is another matter. It is interesting to note who the Jurors like in their exit interviews.

I think I initially responded to your post because I find this intense dislike for Kim on the boards completely baffling. Compare her actions to those of players in other seasons, she doesn't even make the Top 50 villains list. This season has a very odd edit, as I have mentioned before elsewhere, with no huge pay-off yet. In addition, as in most seasons, women do not get great edits, though we are getting more into Kim's head than we did for last season's winner. I don't think this is the place to get into a long-winded discussion on it, but I perceive different expectations for women, and it just really fascinates me.

04-22-12, 01:21 AM (EST)
27. "RE: E11 Press release"
Very nice post, VG. I haven't had a chance to revisit the topic since my last post, nice to see your thoughts and the other posts.

I do admire strategic quality very much, and Kim has that.
OTOH, she's not entertaining, so as the season progresses I feel like is this all there Is? We get a primer on how to play Survivor with a bunch of knuckleheads and sheep? Again, only this time the instructor is a woman?

It's another case of a season where there's one truly strategic person. I want to see a strategizer pitted against some one of equal ability. If she were, I don't think she would be that good, any more than Brenda was all that. (Kim is far better than Brenda though.)

The season would be more interesting if they took her out.
Why did we love Marquesas? Because John and his alliance were running the game, and the underdogs turned and took them out. Where's the Resistance? A good story needs that. If Troy goes, it's bland.

I'm not unhappy to see a group of women dominate because they're women. I'm a woman. I'm not interested in THESE women.

I don't remember Brian Heidik being disgusting within the filiming. He played a clean game, actually, up until the point he blindsided Helen and took Clay. He turned out to be a really despicable guy outside the game, and I'm sure that Kim is quite a nice person outside the game.

That said, I don't love it when people win Survivor by lying to everyone's face.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-12, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: E11 Press release"
Perhaps one of the reasons why you dislike Kim so much is because she's having a very atypical edit for a likely female winner! Most of the time a female winner is either very under-the-radar (like Sophie), using flirting as a strategy (Amber and Parvati although Amber's flirting led to a real romance), an underdog (Sandra and Danni) or a motherly type (Tina). Kim's certainly not a motherly type, nor is she a flirt (that I know of), nor is she an underdog, nor is she really under-the-radar (at least not now). Indeed, she's coming off as very calculating and maybe almost cold, like Brian Heidik. I don't mind that type of edit, but you might.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: E11 Press release"
I'm with OFG in that Kim comes across as cold and fake. She's probably the best player out there, and totally comes across as a female Brian H., and maybe she actually is very warm and nice... but to me, she's cold, calculating, and very Terminator-like.

She might not win Troy's vote (and maybe few others, depending on who is there with her at the end), but she's clearly this season's top strategic mind and best player. I'd be satisfied with her winning, but I'm secretly hoping that Chelsea wins, since super-hot women never get any breaks and need all the help they can get in this world. Poor Chelsea...

I think Kim is a "villain" and I'd certainly put her in the top 50... maybe top 10-15 female villains*, depending on if she's at the end or not.

*(villain as in her style of play, not her "evilness"... Parvati is a villain, Na'onka & Colton are evil... Kim certainly is not evil)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: E11 Press release"
I do not like Kim and don't want her to win. I can't even figure out why I feel this way. Obviously the editing is not making her someone that I want to hope for. Are they doing this on purpose to make me happy when she loses? She is appearing cold to me. I want to see a glimmer of a nice friendly person that is just playing to win. But I find her almost robotic like she has turned off her emotions. There is no charm even when she is talking to the cameras and her tribemates can't hear her.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Kim..."
I wasn't going to get into this discussion in this thread, but it's so long now that I feel compelled to give my 2 cents as well...

I really like Kim. She has played a brilliant game. Very level headed, and sharp. She has kept her options open the entire season and has had multiple moves to play to the end. Case in point was on day one, when she got in the all girls alliance of 5....she said she didn't plan on doing that, but since it arose she rolled with it. Then the same thing when the tribes shuffled....Jay presented the opportunity and she again rolled with it.

She's playing a stellar game and the way she handled Troy after the Jay boot was brilliant as well. And, she did defuse him....when she was told they were going to vote for Kim, all bets were off. Kim is doing everything right, imo.

Now, do I want her to win....not really. I wouldn't be disappointed with a Kim win because she's played a GREAT game and she has indeed EARNED it, imo! But, I tend to like and root for the underdogs....the deserving underdogs.....I love a good underdog story, and Kim has never been edited as an underdog this season. Chelsea is an underdog though...

My favorite underdog was Ozzy in his first year....what a season that was. I also loved Boston Rob. You get the idea...fwiw.

04-20-12, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: E11 Press release"
>I'm with OFG in that Kim
>comes across as cold and
>fake. She's probably the best
>player out there, and totally
>comes across as a female
>Brian H., and maybe she
>actually is very warm and
>nice... but to me, she's
>cold, calculating, and very Terminator-like.

There's absolutely no comparison between Heidik and Kim in terms of personalities. Heidik is repulsive, Kim isn't. They just both play the game of Survivor extremely well and sometimes you've got to detach yourself so it becomes easier to make decisions that will help further your survival in the game. We've seen what happened when certain players got so emotionally attached - i.e., Chelsea has made some bad decisions already because of her feelings. I liked Heidik's gameplay tremendously, but if I were around him on a daily basis, I'd probably throttle him after a few days.

>but I'm secretly hoping
>that Chelsea wins, since super-hot
>women never get any breaks
>and need all the help
>they can get in this
>world. Poor Chelsea...

Jenna Morasca. Danni Boatwright. There are plenty who would call them super-hot (I never liked Jenna, but I was a fan of Danni's). They certainly got some breaks in their seasons.

>I think Kim is a "villain"
>and I'd certainly put her
>in the top 50... maybe
>top 10-15 female villains*, depending
>on if she's at the
>end or not.

In what universe is Kim a "villain"?

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-12, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: E11 Press release"
Hi Pepe - good discussion questions. Here's what I meant:

Brian v. Kim: Brian was clearly in control of his season, everyone thought they had an alliance with him, and he was the best player. Kim, clearly in control, has alliances, and seems like the best player (or one of them anyway).

Super-hot women need help: ...sorry, I meant this to be seen as sarcasm or a joke. Ahh, the drawbacks of internet writing!

Kim as villain: The same universe that has Boston Rob as a villain. I meant it as a playstyle, not as petty evilness (I gave examples). (in my opinion, based partly on HvV's breakdown) Villains get people to trust them, and then vote them off in a blindside, and don't really show empathy for their plight. Heroes stick with their alliance against all odds and show emotion in deciding what to do. Kim may have stuck by her girl alliance, but she led Michael, Jay, and Troyzan to believe they were part of her alliance, and didn't seem to mind voting them off. Theoretically she'll have to vote off Sabrina and Alicia at some point, and I don't get the impression that she'll cry about it. I'm a fan of Kim, but I think she's being portrayed as being in control and emotionally cold. Those aren't underdog, heroic qualities.

(but what do I know - I don't see Chelsea as Amanda/Chase material while others do... I guess it's all in perspective)

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-12, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: E11 Press release"
I guess I just don't get that - after 2 dozen seasons, folks don't look at the post-merge split of people and actually make a move.

You end up with this "majority" and "minority" split. Everyone there knows who it is and who is where. They MUST get (someone like Christine) that, while on the "majority", she is number 6 or 7 or whatever. So - make a move! Please! Take out Kim!

If I were on the show, in the minority, I'd rather be number 5 or 6 in the group that took the big gun down and crumbled the majority block, than a lap dog and end up in roughly the same position.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-12, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: E11 Press release"
It's easier for us to the see the dynamics of the game, benefiting from a post-mortem editing. I imagine that within the game itself, it's harder to see the full inner workings of the many alliances and promises and lies that are being cast about.

Cochran last season was pretty sure he was #6 in his alliance, tried to make a move and ended up in a worse position. His mistake was making a move too early; so it's hard to revile the current contestants for waiting until they think they see a better opportunity. Hindsight is 20/20.

I actually think this discussion is valuable for spoiling, although it may belong more in the editing thread. There's definitely a reason that we're being shown more of Kim's strategy and not the other players'. I don't think it's because the others aren't strategic; I think it's because Kim's either works (or works better) or is significant in her fall.

04-24-12, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-12 AT 10:18 AM (EST)

Wow, Gothmog, that was a great comment...

There's definitely a reason that we're being shown more of Kim's strategy and not the other players'. I don't think it's because the others aren't strategic; I think it's because Kim's either works (or works better) or is significant in her fall..

I would like to propose that we entertain the downfall of Kim, because I don't want to be led down the garden path via the editing. I know that many have noted Kim as the most likely winner since day one. So far everything seems to be coming up Kim, but let's examine a few things...

First of all, a few weeks ago Troy tweeted an interesting comment, located here.

"Kim said she doesn't have enough time to get to everyone before tribal council!!!! Don't ever forget this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then, as I was perusing the boards, I noted an interesting exchange in the challenge thread at Sucks Mess Hall initiated by our own OFG...located here. She notes that the clues are always written chronologically...

So here is the body of this press release:
"Never Say Die" —
Castaways oil themselves up for a wet and wild immunity challenge. While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation, Tikiano’s sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp, and feelings of alienation drive leery tribe members to seek out all of their elimination options,

Sequence described:
challenge
Castaways oil themselves up for a wet and wild immunity challenge.
reward
While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation,
powwow in camp during reward
Tikiano’s sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp,
pre TC scrambling (includes Kat fight)
feelings of alienation drive leery tribe members to seek out all of their elimination options,

She also noted in the VO for a promo that Jiffy says: Probst: "Only guarantee you see tomorrow is to have Immunity tonight."

So, the IC is the morning. With the challenge shots we get an awful lot of pics of both Chelsea and Kim...

....and I might add that Chelsea hooks one with this shot...

I think that after the IC, they all go back to camp, and go down to wash their bodies off in the water...

**Note lots of focus now on Kim and Alicia...

The girls go down to wash off and Troy goes to have a confessional after returning from the IC that he obviously does not win...

Troyzan: (confessional) "I need three people that know I can be the fourth. Then that would just turn everything upside down.That would be beautiful."

Then, we know via the clues that the "winners are going to enjoy a picnic vacation". So, perhaps as some have spec'd at Sucks, they are taken away/removed somewhere for a nice picnic vacation via helicopter or via automobiles. But, they are removed and taken away. We know that all of this happens in one day....IC, back to beach to wash off, then winners go for nice, time-consuming picnic vacation so the losers back at camp can powwow...comments from the powwow...

Note, At the beginning Tarzan is most likely starting the fire...we see him bending over as all of the losers that don't go on the picnic are there...Troy, Christina, Kat, Sabrina, and Tarzan. (Leaves Kim, Chelsea, and Alicia to go off to picnic), so at the beginning of the following conversation, the fire is starting...

Troyzan: "You need to wake up."
Kat: "No. You need to relax."
Troyzan: "Those girls are taking advantage of you and you're starting to realize it."

Note Kat starts to cry, and I think gets up to leave and go cry on the beach somewhere alone...(Note her hair in the shelter and hair blowing as she leaves to go to the beach....

Once she is gone, the fire is ignited and higher now, Tarzan has gotten it going and we now get the conversation about what is your plan, Troy? I'll give you a vote, we need another option, we only need one to turn....as follows here:

Sabrina: "What would be your master plan, Troy?"

Troyzan: "If you want me to give you a vote, I'll give you a vote."

Christina: "We have to think of another option."

Sabrina: "We just need one girl to turn."

Most likely, Troy, Tarzan, Sabrina, and Christina could be in on it, IF, they can just get one more girl to turn....it will all come down to Kat....

Then the picnic winners are returned, and there is NOT much time left before TC...we see Kat take Kim down to the beach to talk about her day...note that Kat is still in Jay's wife beater and her hair is to the side, and Kim is in her blue bathing suit with her buff around her chest....just returned from the picnic...

Kat: "I'm furious today. I had a ..."
Kat: "I'm furious. Everybody here thinks of me as this follower out there. Like I had....
Kim: (speaking over Kat) "Well, it's not easy for me, today, either."

Just thinking, while this appears to be after Kim comes back from the picnic, they both are looking still kind of wet...it is possible that this conversation takes place right after bathing in the water and before Kim leaves on the picnic....I just don't know? This conversation either occurs right after bathing upon return from the IC before the picnic, OR, it is just after arrival back from the picnic....Kat's hair looks dry mid day when seen in the shelter with all of the losers, but in the conversation with Kim it appears far more wet to me....food for thought.

Regardless, I think these shots are just prior to leaving for TC...

Troyzan: "You should consider changing who you're voting for."

Note Kat has changed into bra, pink top, and then later on the way to TC most likely here she is...

I think that Kat may just indeed change her vote, as we know from Troy's tweets that she is the only one that he still likes....does she change her vote and either Sab, Christina, and Tarzan don't, or Kat changes her vote and one of the girls is indeed voted out...

Chelsea, Alicia, OR Kim...all three are ALL over the promos...we know that there is not going to be alot of time between returning from the picnic and TC, and the girls still may think that Troy has a HII...

Remember what Troy tweeted we needed to remember...."Kim said she doesn't have enough time to get to everyone before tribal council!!!! Don't ever forget this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ETA: The 5 second promo spells it out...
VO: Will the women turn on each other?
Troyzan: (confessional) "That would be beautiful."
VO: New Survivor, CBS, Wednesday.

I also think that the losers left at camp that are thinking of their chances with the end game are realizing that Troy is a vote that they can use/must use now....if they don't use him now, he'll be gone at F7, when it's a better time to turn. In other words, Troy will be toast later, and he is the most likely to get people on board with them. So, I do think that Sab and Christina at least, maybe Tarzan as well are feeling that it is now or never this episode....fwiw

04-24-12, 01:30 PM (EST)
33. "RE: E11 Press release"
FP, thanks for posting this.

While the prevailing wind seems to be pushing Troyzan off the island, it has been known to shift, so always good to consider alternatives.

On the pro-Troyzan boot side, we now have vidcap evidence which strongly suggests he doesn't win IC. It's an easy boot, which doesn't ruffle any feathers.

You have laid out a good case for a pro-Kim boot. I would add only that the closing words of the promo last week were Kim's confessional in which she said, "hopefully, we can get rid of him, before he sends me home." They didn't, so will he?

There's a case to be made for Alicia, if we agree that she is one of the three gone on reward. If this is a combined RC/IC, Alicia is out in the first round (per vidcap evidence.) Why would she be picked over Kat to go on reward? Given Kat's "hissy fit," might Alicia be a good compromise boot?

This is one week where any one of the remaining players leaving would not be a shock. Without any published sourced spoilers, a case can be made for each boot. Of course, sometimes, the obvious boot is what ends up happening.

04-24-12, 01:47 PM (EST)
34. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-12 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

Thanks for the response, VG. You are the one that sets things in motion and I agree with you, we need to consider all the possibilities. With the end of the last episode and the first promo, I was dead set on Troyzan going home. But, OFTEN, my first impressions turn out to be dead wrong. I just want people to consider the options. As the week unfolds, I must say, I have alot more hope for Troy to survive this week.

I agree that Alicia is a prime candidate for the boot. I might suggest that the three girls most at risk, imo, are indeed the three that go on the picnic. Obviously, one of Chelsea or Kim has the IN, and I am leaning toward the IC winner because of this shot...

and your spec, located here.

If Kim loses the IC, Chelsea and Alicia are the most at risk, if Chelsea wins the IN, then Kim and Alicia are the most at risk, imo. And, as you note, the most at risk, Troyzan, could be the one leaving. I just want everyone to consider what is there, and that if they don't use Troy this week to rally the revolt, it most likely won't happen and the writing is on the wall.

ETA: The statement that Kim makes while talking with Kat that today was her worst day ever too, just stumps me....how can it be her worst day IF she won the IN and got to go to the picnic vacation? Because she had to choose between her loyal followers??? NO. That would be ludicrous.

So, I am led to believe that perhaps Kim loses the IC, Chelsea wins and picks her to go and she must then pick someone else to join them? I just cannot figure out why it would be one of Kim's worst days yet if she won IN and got to picnic....fwiw.

04-24-12, 06:29 PM (EST)
41. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-12 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I lean towards Chelsea winning the IC. She is a golfer (lists golf and wakeboarding as her two main hobbies):

and she probably has a good sense of how to gauge a throw. I notice my son who is all about golf now was also a dart champion, seems to cover a similar skill set of visualization and hand-eye coordination.

I also think she has less sense than Kim might about whom it is politic to pick. I think Troy's target will be either Kim or Alicia -- not a stretch because Troy, Sabrina, Christina, Tarzan are discussing votes, and Troy is trying to recruit Kat.

The Alicia boot would be for similar reasons as Cirie taking out Kourtney -- chop the goat's head off and Sabrina, Kat, Christina preserve their chances when the girls go after each other.

Kim boot is if they want to really shake up the game and make it their own. None of them know she has an idol, but do they suspect? While I don't think Kim goes, it is interesting that the pre-game highlight on Kim went as far as this challenge, very unusual, but no farther.

The most likely scenario I see for Troy surviving this is that Kim fears an HII bounce, doesn't feel she can successfully cover a split vote because one or more of her soldiers are wobbly -- and throws votes at Tarzan instead OR splits the vote and puts her loyalest votes on Tarzan and her shakier votes on Troyzan, and one or more of those switch so that Troy survives.

While she really needs to get Troy out while she has the opportunity, Kim has not shown herself to be much of a gambler with the HII. She split the vote last time even though it was not at all likely that Troy had given anyone an HII. That was really completely unnecessary to do unless she thought the HII likely to be in play.

Why would she maybe put more votes on Tarzan than on Troyzan? Because if the Troy votes are neutralized, she must have a viable target who gets more votes than she could get.

It may well be Troy going, but I think they gave him an awful lot of prominence as an underdog if he only makes it two episodes past Jay. I think that will be bad editing if it turns out that way, as they haven't built up enough interest in the people who will remain for F7 and their possible allegiances.

There was a somewhat similar situation last season with the lead-in to the Upolu cannibalism last season, but it seems like they had paid more attention to showing us the tensions within Upolu prior to the point where only six remained. Maybe not. Maybe this is just the episode that eliminates Troy and sets up the future fracture.

It is interesting that the title is "Never Say Die" and to contrast that with "go out with a bang." (I know Jay didn't say that quote; it was misdirection to make us think he did something.) "Go out" didn't leave much doubt; "never say die" creates doubt ...

I just don't get why they would do a big underdog story for no pay-off. They did it for Ozzy last season, and sure he failed at the end, but he did make it through all the duels and one post-return TC. They could have edited Troy as stupid jerk all along, and they didn't need to follow his hopes and dreams the way they did only to wave goodbye at 9th place. Plus, Jeff has made it clear that he is rooting for Troy to get somewhere with changing the game, and Jeff doesn't usually root for stupid losers.

Jeff rooted for the Aitu 4 ... and look what happened in that season.

04-24-12, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: E11 Press release"
Personally, I am of the opinion if there is a revolt against Kim to get her out, at this point it would be telegraphed in the previous episode, not just in upcoming promos. One stunning ouster, Colton, this season, as a medical evac that could be left to promos and be a surprise not telegraphed in the episodes. There are no signs, IMO, of a Kim collapse. Just of players exploring their options, which could set up an impending collapse, but not this week.

04-24-12, 02:02 PM (EST)
36. "RE: E11 Press release"
dabo: While it was presented as a case for the downfall of Kim, it's also meant to consider other possibilities other than an obvious Troy boot.

Since Troy has so much vehemence towards Kim, I lean toward Kim outlasting Troy. But, the doubt is cast with Kim's last confessional and the promos this week. I have also noticed when the promos hit hard regarding something, it's usually just fluff and the obvious happens. When the promos don't hit as hard, as I see them this week, sometimes it's because there is a big shocker coming up. I think any of the girls going at this point would qualify as a shocker.

Chelsea and/or Alicia would indeed be a big shocker...

If they don't go for the big cheese because of her IN, wouldn't Chelsea be a nice alternative? With Chelsea gone, perhaps Sab could see herself as Kim's number 2? Just thinking outloud....And, as VG suggested, Alicia would be a boot choice that they could all feel good about...especially would get Christina on board, perhaps. She would indeed be a good compromise, imo....

04-24-12, 02:23 PM (EST)
37. "RE: E11 Press release"
I guess we just are be viewing things from different angles. The promos this week seem, to me, to be setting up endgame uncertainty, prospective shuffles down the line. Book 3 storyline, book 2 is closing on a predictable note. Book 1 ended with Colton, book 2 ends with Troy, then it gets complicated as the Amazons have to windle down their own.

I'm also noting no news this week of gloating in your face Troy tweets. But I don't tweet or follow tweets myself, I'm relying on lack of anything interesting being posted about those.

04-24-12, 06:06 PM (EST)
40. "RE: E11 Press release"

>
>I'm also noting no news this
>week of gloating in your
>face Troy tweets.

That's why I don't see a Kim boot this week at all or any of the other power figures. I'd expect to see a gloating "watch and see what happens" type of tweet from Troyzan. He seems to have some trouble reining in his emotions so I can't see him not giving the slightest hint of a must-view message if he is able to topple Kim.

04-24-12, 03:23 PM (EST)
38. "RE: E11 Press release"
dabo, you have a point that it may be too early. Ideally, F7 is the time to make the move against the other women. In addition, there is the question of whether they will get another chance to boot Troyzan. Because of all that, I get why there is mass consensus for his boot. Like FP, my concern was that, absent published sourced spoilers, we didn't properly discuss other possibilities.

FP, I do think that Sabrina has to be questioning her position, especially if she is left out of the reward. Eliminating one of Kim's options may be appealing to her. A Chelsea boot would be similar to the Leann boot in Vanuatu.

04-24-12, 08:55 PM (EST)
49. "RE: E11 Press release"
A Chelsea boot would be similar to the Leann boot in Vanuatu.

And, what a boot that was! Probably the most spectacular boot in Survivor history, at least I thought so!

OllieKat 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-12, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: E11 Press release"
I totally agree that stepping back and re-looking at everything is a good idea so that we're not predicting the boot with blinders on.

Having said that...I do think it's a Troy boot.

I've just got a gut feeling that the only true thing in the vidcaps this week is Troy not winning immunity. I think everything else is edited to try and build some suspense for what will end up being a predictable episode.

I agree with the idea that anyone thinking of flipping will stop and consider that if they spare Troy they might not get another chance of getting him out.

My other thought is that there are enough strategic thinkers to realize that they don't need Troy to make a move. If he got four people (and he needs four since three would only get him a tie and nobody's flipping for a tie) to flip this week surely one of them would realize that if they're four strong they can have the majority when it gets down to seven. To me it only makes sense for four flippers to get rid of the challenge threat this week and then knock out the other three starting next week. *shrug*

But then since I'm so very rarely right about these things it'll probably be some crazy boot like Kat or Sab

04-24-12, 11:43 PM (EST)
52. "RE: E11 Press release"
I think you're right, but just want to point out that four is enough if Kim splits the vote to avoid the HII.

Famous split vote at a tie-prone number: Cirie gets Kourtney off by telling Shane his alliance is voting for someone who isn't getting any votes, producing a 3-2-1 result. What Troy needs is a 4-3-1 or something like that, but I doubt he'll get it.

One interesting thing is that Troy offers to contribute his vote. It's not that he's asking them to follow his plan, but maybe Sab is expressing discontent and Troy offers to be used as a vote.

Most likely Troy is done.

04-24-12, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: E11 Press release"
I knew there was probably something I was missing

Totally forgot to think about four versus a split vote! Thanks OFG.

Now I need to go off and do some re-thinking. One thing I love about this board is that it seems like everyone collaborates to put everything out there for everyone to ponder.

04-25-12, 01:53 AM (EST)
55. "RE: E11 Press release"
@ Ollie

04-25-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
54. "Aside"
So, any opinions about the musical interlude in this week's vote thread?

The biggest danger to the women this time is that one of the men would win immunity. They do have to split the vote 4-2 anyway because of HII uncertainty, but if one of the men wins II they would have to make one of their own the secondary target. The men catch wind of who that is, they tie up the first vote, in the end one of them goes anyway. But the lady who was the secondary target in case the HII got played goes into the next round upset, and willing to jump on any upset plan anyone else has in mind.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that will happen, but dang it would have made an interesting lead-in to the book 3 endgame phase.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-12, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: E11 Press release"
I think you're right, but just want to point out that four is enough if Kim splits the vote to avoid the HII.

I think everyone is forgetting that if Kim goes on the reward picnic she will figure out if another idol is in play or not. Either a clue for another idol will be at the picnic or it wont be.

So I would say if there is no clue at the picnic Kim should know that Troy is bluffing.

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-12, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: E11 Press release"
FP, I like this speculation I was thinking almost the same thing. I think Chelsea wins the IC and chooses Kim and Alicia. I think Kim says it is a bad day for her because Chelsea spoiled her F3 choice. She may be telling Kat it was a bad day because she had to spend it with Alicia instead of Kat, who knows.

I have a feeling Troy still goes home today. The previous weeks Troy has been heavily promoting Survivor on twitter. This week not so much. It could be that he has been busy with his new photo shoot in the Bahamas, but he has been tweeting other stuff. So I am leaning toward him going home.

I would like to suggest the idea that the above scenario does happen up to the end when Kim plays the Hidden Immunity Idol and sends Troy packing. If Kim did this Troy would be gone and the girls would no longer have the numbers to turn on Kim unless Alicia and Tarzan turn. Kim would be back in control.

04-24-12, 06:51 PM (EST)
42. "Chelsea pics"
Chelsea returned looking like she had not spent time at Ponderosa eating Jonas' cooking. Mike gained back 10 pounds in mere days:

this is how Chelsea looked when she left to play, bulked up:

Sunburnt return, sunburnt Dad wearing Mo'orea dive shirt--as noted by byoffer, could he have gone out to visit and done diving while in the region?

If her dad did go out there for Family Visit, she is safe until F6. It is a big if, but she does live in South Carolina, and that is a long way to Mo'orea -- whereas diving in the Caribbean is close by and much less money for the trip.

There are 5 days between Fam Visit and the contestants flying home, Dad has a fresh sunburn, it would work ... if SEG allows family members to take a side trip at their own expense, which I do not know.

In any case, I don't think Chelsea has a lot of time to get the Ponderosa bloat going before she leaves for home. She looks a little frail in those shots, and she is still looking quite strong in camp.

04-19-12, 10:39 PM (EST)
10. "RE: E11 Press release"
Maybe I'm dense, but I'm just not seeing where it would be a combined RC/IC. What I get out of that blurb is simply that the losers are grumpy about who picked whom to tag along on reward and that's the time they banded together to discuss potential boot options without the perceived alpha-females around.

At this point in the game, they can't make any assumptions that they'll have time to discuss boot options after an IC as they could just go directly to a vote (as we've seen on occasion in the past), so with the numbers being what they are and the level of paranoia out there, why not throw out ideas while Kim/Chelsea aren't there?

04-20-12, 00:33 AM (EST)
12. "RE: E11 Press release"
Castaways oil themselves up for a wet and wild immunity challenge. While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation, Tikiano’s sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp, and feelings of alienation drive leery tribe members to seek out all of their elimination options

Pepe, you may be right that it's not combined, but here's why this leads me to think it is. While it doesn't say that the slip and slide immunity is the reward challenge, if you look at the syntax, it implies it, because the second sentence has no referent if it stands alone.

While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation, Tikiano’s sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp

Winners of what? If the thing that is won is not the challenge in the prior sentence, then there should be a noun here, such as reward challenge.

Also, something I have noticed in studying the teasers is that they generally go through the episode chronologically. I think they are written as or right after the writer views the episode, and are the writer's way of telling the story he/she just viewed as a tease.

It's not normal at all for a press release to describe the immunity challenge and RC in reverse chronology. Plus (and this point is arguable, as at this stage they don't wait to strategize), the teaser talks about them going over all their elimination options, and that tends to happen after they know who won immunity. While it could happen earlier, with various IF's thrown in, it sounds to me like they are preparing for TC.

It will be interesting to see the Press photos. This feels to me like a short cycle. There are not a whole of different scenes.

04-20-12, 07:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: E11 Press release"
You may very well be correct - it's hard to make sense of blurbs and teasers at times with the CBS wizards at work behind the curtains...

tullfan 69 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-12, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tullfan Click to send private message to tullfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: E11 Press release"
OFG,

There is no longer a need to have a short cycle as they have gotten back on schedule. After the merge, they needed to have 2 short 2 day cycles to get back on track. They have had both of them already. The Michael boot episode and the Leif boot episode each only covered 2 days. The next episode will begin on the night of day 27 with the Final 8 TC to be held on day 30 just as it was on Survivor South Pacific when Cochran was booted. Maybe the RC is the return of the chop challenge which hasn't been done since Tocantins and could explain why Kat is so upset because many people give her as the answer to the negative questions (eg. Who least deserves to be here? etc.)

04-24-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: E11 Press release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-12 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

>>> OFG,
There is no longer a need to have a short cycle as they have gotten back on schedule

I know, tullfan, I'm well aware of the calendar. I probably follow it as closely as anyone here.

I know this should be a 3 day cycle, and didn't expect anything else. However, the press release has been inconsistent with the rest of the season if the reward challenge is separate and the after-effects are described after the immunity challenge but the challenge itself is not referenced and the sentence is grammatically improper. First time this season.

Also the people who go on reward also work perfectly with the slip slide challenge. So do the numbers, as the F8 in S22 was run the exact same way and the winner picked two ... and we see five in camp.

OTOH,
Kat is dressed differently in the shelter and has a buff on, which she shouldn't after washing off in the ocean, so I think there is some evidence of a separate RC. Obviously it is not one they chose to promote.

They have promoted coconut chop before, and they usually add some flair to it with breaking plates or heads or something visual. Also Jeff said they would not do it again, that they retired it. The temptations challenge did aim to reveal pecking order, and they could do more of that, but the coconut chop trivia is one they retired because the outcome can be controlled by prior strategizing, which they caught the players doing (per Jeff).

I don't believe Kat needs to have a Q&A in order to get upset, so while there might be a ranking challenge, there is no evidence to suggest it definitely happens. If she is not picked to go, and someone who should be below her in pecking order is picked, that's enough to open the door for her to feel neglected, enough to where Troyzan can open up a dialogue about her position, and can tell her she is seen as a follower.

I agree that she is behaving about the same as someone who is labeled "doesn't deserve to be here" in a pecking order challenge, but I would be very surprised if Christina or Tarzan didn't get that one. I don't see the core alliance deliberately alienating Kat. I think that choosing who goes on reward forces the winner to make a few friends question how close the relationship is.

So, I have questions this episode.
However, as they have 3 days to fill, I 100% agree that it ought to have two challenges, and Occam's Razor would say that it does and they are messing with us.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-12, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E11 Press release"
Tensions rise & alliances are tested

LOL! They have to be out of ideas on how to hype Troy without flat out lying! If the alliance was breaking, it wouldn't be phrased that way. Just as an example, the Leann boot episode in Vanuatu was titled: "Surprise and Surprise again".

04-20-12, 07:42 AM (EST)
18. "RE: E11 Press release"
I agree michel, I noted that tease as well. Alliances are going to be tested.....but unfortunately not broken.

I suspect Troy will be walking the walk. His penultimate anger at Kim is because she is the one that led the women, which directly led to his demise. And, Survivor is his life...not just a game for him....fwiw.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kat votes with Troy this week, but it still won't be enough...he's toast, imo.

04-24-12, 00:02 AM (EST)
29. "TitanTV episode description"
Variant of episode description...

From TitanTV...
----------------------
Never Say Die"
New, 4/25/2012, RealityThe remaining castaways must prepare for the slippery slope of navigating both the next challenge as well as the newly-changed dynamic at camp; after several secrets meetings between tribe members, alienation and paranoia plague everyone.Credits: Christina Cha (Participant), Jeff Probst (Host), Kat Edorsson (Participant), Chelsea Meissner (Participant), Alicia Rosa (Participant), Troy Robertson (Participant), Greg Smith (Participant)
---------------------------

04-24-12, 07:07 AM (EST)
30. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
Interesting, doesn't mention an RC, and uses "slippery slope" to refer to the "next" challenge -- which of course means the slip and slide immunity.

I sure wish the press photos had time stamps this week. We would know what day the IC was run.

04-24-12, 07:50 PM (EST)
44. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
Thanks for posting this, BF. It made me curious to check what TV Guide's listing might be.

The castaways play for a picnic reward and participate in a wet-and-wild immunity challenge.

The wording would suggest two different challenges.
Caveat emptor.

04-24-12, 08:27 PM (EST)
46. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
That's good. That definitely suggests two challenges, and I am leaning towards that at this point.

That is not the wording used in the Print TV Guide that was posted at MESS two weeks ago.

04-24-12, 08:38 PM (EST)
47. "TV Guide print edition"
per Mustang Sally, this was the print edition blurb:

"The winner of tonight's slippery immunity challenge just might change the course of the game."

Interesting the online version is quite different.
There seems to be little likelihood the slip and slide winner will do anything to change the course. The course is ... annihilate the men. It looks like Chelsea and Kim are the finalists, and neither one is featured scheming to change anything up. They are the status quo at the moment.

Possible they were going for hinting that Troyzan would win.

04-24-12, 08:39 PM (EST)
48. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-12 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Maybe it's another DIY challenge and that's why they aren't showing it, but in that case I would expect them to play in two teams of four ...

of course we don't know for certain that the shelter convo of five is during the reward, but the press release does say there is a powwow while the winners are away, and that scene fits the bill.

04-24-12, 11:25 PM (EST)
51. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
Seeing the episode descriptions made me curious so I checked Zap2it.

It said: "The castaways get oiled up for an immunity challenge; feelings of alienation lead tribe members to evaluate all options."

I didn't see this one posted, my apologies if it's a re-post.

04-25-12, 02:02 AM (EST)
56. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
Better safe than sorry, Ollie, no apologies nec. TY.

Despite the calendar, the prospect of a couple of days off, a short cycle combined RC/IC, three sent off to enjoy a picnic while losers get nothing but sent back to camp to plot, very intriguing twist prospect.

I have no doubt production and CBS knew in advance and had it planned out for how many episodes would air and when.

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-12, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
>Variant of episode description...
>
>From TitanTV...
>----------------------
>Never Say Die"
>New, 4/25/2012, RealityThe remaining castaways must
>prepare for the slippery slope
>of navigating both the next
>challenge as well as the
>newly-changed dynamic at camp; after
>several secrets meetings between tribe
>members, alienation and paranoia plague
>everyone.Credits: Christina Cha (Participant), Jeff
>Probst (Host), Kat Edorsson (Participant),
>Chelsea Meissner (Participant), Alicia Rosa
>(Participant), Troy Robertson (Participant), Greg
>Smith (Participant)
>---------------------------
Thanks BF for posting this.
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one wondering why KIM's name is missing from the 'credits' here?

04-25-12, 02:49 PM (EST)
59. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
Saw that.
I believe Sabrina's name is also missing. I think there were descrepencies about that in last weeks episode descriptions from the comcast Uverse listing as well...which ended up with no significance. Might just be a similiar thing w/TitanTV. Don't know if CBS is playing games or just sloppy w/their listing send-outs. My first thought is ...sloppy.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-12, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-12 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

I think it's just hit or miss (or sloppy!) with the listing. I noticed the cast listing early on (I have U-verse) in the season and there was no rhyme or reason behind who they listed.

ETA: They just pick 5 or so random names to list.

Sheldor 4639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-12, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: TitanTV episode description"
For my area (Los Angeles) the Titan TV listing lists Jeff before Christina

Survivor: One World
KCBS-DT - 2.1 - Wed, 4/25, 8:00 PM 1 hr

"Never Say Die"

New, 4/25/2012, Reality

The remaining castaways must prepare for the slippery slope of navigating both the next challenge as well as the newly-changed dynamic at camp; after several secrets meetings between tribe members, alienation and paranoia plague everyone.

Credits: Jeff Probst (Host),
Christina Cha (Participant),
Kat Edorsson (Participant),
Chelsea Meissner (Participant),
Alicia Rosa (Participant),
Troy Robertson (Participant),
Greg Smith (Participant)

The participants are in alphabetical order by last name (except they got Alicia and Troy backwards).

Next alphabetically would be:

Kim Spradlin
Sabrina Thompson

So I think they just ran out of room and chopped off the last two participants.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •