The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-12, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-12 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling, Episode Five,
Survivor: One World

Welcome to Survivor Blows and the SOTS, State of the Spoiling for Survivor: One World. Before we embark on this weeks installment, let me be the first to remind you to be nice and play fair, and make sure to peruse the guidelines, located here. They have served us well through the years.

Last episode the girls kept their winning streak alive and killed the guys at the RC, winning a tarp. Thus, proving once and for all that they are NOT dysfunctional. They did lose the IC, but, I think WE ALL were shocked, blown-away, and bamboozled by the moves that the guys tribe pulled...choosing to give their hard earned immunity idol to the Salani tribe so they COULD go to TC, and they said the vote had to be unanimous! What were Leif and Bill thinking? Colton's idea worked to remove Bill from the game, who, btw, had the classiest exit I have seen in a long time. Colton is calling the shots for now, but I can not help but feel his rise to power will be short lived....we will see.

They must be having a field day in Veruca's editing thread, located here. We have always known that throwing a challenge historically leads to disaster....I can't imagine what giving your earned immunity to the losing tribe spells. Yes, Jay, we are all BUM-PUZZLED, to say the least! If I had to go out on a limb right now, I would bet that a girl would win this season...but, stranger things have happened...Chris Daugherty!

For a review of the last episode, check out our East Coast Spoiler Thread, located here. For a review of the confessionals, check out dabo's Confessional Thread, located here.

The episode 6 title and clues are brought to us by Blind Freddy and located here. The episode 6 title is:

A Bunch of Idiots

Notice I made the title in the Manono orange because I really do feel that they are a bunch of idiots...but, more likely Colton will be the one to call his tribe mates this, or maybe Jay or Michael will note that they are all a bunch of idiots. Let's examine the clues one by one:

1. IT'S NO LONGER MEN VERSUS WOMEN WHEN A NEW TRIBE OF "GREEK GODS" EMERGES

Well, this is no surprise! We have been speculating about the shuffle from even before the show aired. Note the evolution of our speculation, here. I think, all things considered, we did as well as we could in deciphering the shuffled tribes. Really, we only missed one - Bill/Monica. A big clue should have been that the tribes were even. It was very hard to negate Bill being in the basketball challenge when we had that picture of him by the balance beam platform and ladder. But, as I speculated, I am sure that they re-use as many platforms as they can, and if you look at Jiffy's platform in the basketball challenge, it looks the same, with the ladder. So, there was no way to negate that the same structures were not used repeatedly.

The shuffled tribes are:

nuSalani: Jay, Michael, Troyzan, Kim, Chelsea, Sabrina, and Kat

nuManono: Colton, Tarzan, Leif, Jonas, Christina, Alicia, and Monica

Now....which one do you think is the tribe of Greek Gods?

2. Two castaways shake up their entire tribe with an award-winning performance

Well, with all of the strong, athletic types on one tribe, chances are that the misfits will be on the losing side of the equation. So, more than likely the two castaways that shake up the entire tribe will be on the nuManono tribe. I think that they could be either Jonas and Colton....

Afterall, Jonas does tell us that he will be Colton's b!tch...

...OR, these two, Alicia and Colton...

I'm sure that it will be an "Oscar" winning performance. You can bet that at least one of them will be Colton, the super villain...

3. Jiffy gives us a tout tease: "All right. Next week on Survivor. Oh we're teasing it right now. There it is. I can only say this...Episode 6 is a historic episode for one specific reason — history repeats itself. Good luck figuring that one out — even after it happens."

Now, did Jiffy make a mistake or was he telling us that ep 6 was going to be the historic episode, and that's when history would repeat itself? If so, I would speculate that perhaps that is when Colton could go home with the HII in his pocket. But, we don't know if this was purposely noted like this, or was this a mistake, and he meant to say episode 5.

Most folks are praying Colton gets blindsided with the HII in his pocket a la James and Ozzy. Easy to see how he would keep the idol for himself. Or, more likely, he could do another ruse, deception. He could possibly target Leif AGAIN,

We hear Tarzan note, Greg (to Colton): I agree with you 100%

Get the girls on board, get the guys on board, play both sides and then target someone else entirely...at least that's my spec.

REWARD CHALLENGE

For spectacular viewing of all of the promos in video captures, please go to our Vidcaps Thread uploaded and posted by Volcanic Glass, located here.

We have had vidcaps of both the episode 5 challenges since our very first promo for the season during the S:23 Reunion Show. First the tribes are gathered to their mats at the challenge arena...

Then Jiffy says, before we get to the challenge...

To me, it appears as though there is a container of 7 orange eggs, and a bowl of 7 blue eggs. Most likely the Manono's all pick one of the 7 orange eggs, and the Salani's all pick one of the blue eggs and on Jiffy's start, they all smash them against themselves to see which tribe they will be going to (as was done with Coach and Ozzy last season). Kudo's to Tribephyl that first noted the blue paint on the old vidcap, here.

Here they are in the process of smashing...

You can note the paint on the players in mid-challenge as well...

Next, Jeff expains the challenge. But, Tribephyl does a better job of explaining the challenge...

1. Tribes start with holey barrel, on platform next to mat.

2. Tribes run through roped paths, up stairs, over wall to the water tower.

3. Pull tribe-colored bag to release water, filling leaky bucket, then racing back to start point, trying to keep as much water inside as possible.

4. Tribes dump their water into another barrel placed on a cantilever/SeesawBucket.

5. Repeat 2 through 4 until enough water has filled the SeeSaw Bucket (which may ALSO have holes) to cause it to lower, which causes the opposite end of the seesaw to rise, which pulls a latch, releasing the bag above the flag, which falls and pulls the flag up.

Blind Freddy and VG were heavy contributors to figuring out the challenge as well, WELL DONE!

Here are some action shots during the RC...here we see Tarzan, Jonas, Leif, and Monica vs. Jay and ?

Here are the nuManono's filling their holey barrel...

Here are Colton, Tarzan, Leif, and I think Alicia...getting ready to move the full barrel...

And, here are most likely Jay, Kim, and Michael filling the smaller container with the water from the barrel...(we see Colton and Christina on the side there)

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

The immunity challenge is the water basketball challenge which we have been speculating about for a long time. Here is Jiffy on the platform with his little buddy the II...

Most likely they have one on one competitions, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4 all they way up to 7 on 7 perhaps. Most likely the first tribe to win 4 out of 7 competitions will win, or something like that. We know that nuManono Christina/Alicia/Leif will go up against nuSalani Sabrina/Kat/Michael. Here are some of the shots from this challenge...here are Kat, Sabrina, and most likely that is either Christina's or Alicia's arm...

Jay, Michael and another guy with Colton...

Jay and Jonas...

Colton and Michael...

Jay and Tarzan...

RESULTS

Reward Winner: The Greek Gods....nuSalani

Immunity Winner: The Greek Gods...nuSalani

Most likely Colton will indeed become the Super Villain and play both sides. History could repeat itself when Leif will/could once again serve as the diversion. Colton will tell the girls that he's voting out Leif, once and for all, because he isn't trustworthy. Leif is clued in, as are Tarzan, Jonas, and maybe even Alicia, who is seen trying desperately to become Colton's new BFF. Which ever of the ladies that Colton has the largest aversion to at the moment will indeed be the next one to walk the walk. I bet it will be...

Boot: MONICA

...one more time.

If Alicia has her way with Colton, there is a possibility that perhaps Christina could go, but I am holding with Monica.

There is also speculation in the vidcap thread by Beaglemaster that perhaps the Survivors have moved their camps....they don't appear to be in their original location.

When the vote thread appears, please stop by and vote.
Please see post boot and episode interviews located in the Press Thread, here.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" jasonkola 03-12-12 1
 RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" Round Robin 03-13-12 2
 RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" Flowerpower 03-13-12 3
 RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" parathor 03-13-12 4
   RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" Flowerpower 03-13-12 5
       RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" Outfrontgirl 03-14-12 6
       RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots"... parathor 03-14-12 7
           RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots"... PepeLePew13 03-14-12 8
 Flo-nomenal Job! tribephyl 03-14-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-12, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
Great job with the SOTS again. I agree 100%! This is how I see things happening this week.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-13-12, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
Boys and girls, methinks Monica has a pretty $hitty boob job.

03-13-12, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
Beaglemaster is 100% correct. With the news of the shuffle, one world will no longer exist. They are separating the tribes with the shuffle. There is further proof that nu Manono must move their shelter to the old Savaii camp site. Their original beach was the old Upolo site. Beaglemaster suggests that perhaps the RC loser must be the tribe to move. Here is the evidence:

Note the building materials...

Here is the original location...

Great work, Beaglemaster!

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-12, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
Egads... I totally love what you do! Everything was awesomely laid out and explained!!

I'm on board with the suspected boot person, with one reservation: the Flight to Fiji pre-jury spoilers (4/6 right so far). We're left with a girl with long dark hair, and a short dark-haired guy with a slight beard, both under 40. There are two suspects for each description.

Monica doesn't look like "a girl under 40." She's got age wrinkles, and even if she didn't, she looks like "a woman" instead of "a girl." Semantics, maybe? She has no storyline (is it being saved for later?)

Alicia had a big presence in the first ep, and disappeared (confessional-wise) since then. But she looks more like a "girl" than Monica, was highlighted as the reason the women lost Immunity (instead of sharing it with Chelsea), and is focused in the previews as allying with Colton (all hail the queen - OFG?)

Leif is clearly "a shorter guy with dark hair," although a search of online photos never has him without a hat of some sort, so it's hard to tell. He might be in trouble, but I think the more likely person for that Fiji spoiler is - well, let me Quote:

"And, last but not least, Colton. Colton's rise to power had been coming since episode 1. I think that his story arc may have peaked with this episode and may be heading south, sooner rather than later."

I think it's between Colton and Alicia, with the other one heading out next week. I think it's Alicia this week - her first-episode spike indicates that she either goes sooner or she's in for a long time, her edit last episode was poor, and her attempt to befriend Colton is probably the red herring for the week. No alliancemates on her new tribe, clearly trying to sweettalk/influence the "queen" in previews, and fits the Flight to Fiji spoiler.

03-13-12, 01:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-12 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

Parathor: You make a good case for an Alicia boot, and for all we know, you could be right! She clearly is a valid candidate and I hate to dismiss anyone that could possibly be a boot...she has a strong presence in the vidcaps. We see her focused on in the shuffle pics...I think because she is one that has to switch. I think that she and Colton had a pretty good relationship and seem to favor each other. We see her "working" him and trying to buddy up with him post shuffle. I think he enjoys her. We also see him laying down next to her in their shelter....

Monica on the other hand is older. But, she is only 41 I think, and trust me, she looks pretty darn good. With a good bath, shampoo, makeup and moisturizer, she'll be looking very good, and I definitely think she could indeed pass for under 40. No, she doesn't look like a twenty something though. She does, imo, look like a mactor. She is also in the vidcaps....she has the dubious confessional...something about if Colton is the master manipulator he could take us girls out 1 - 2- 3.....I don't know, by all means you could be right, my gut is leading me more toward Monica and Christina than to Alicia...fwiw.

Regarding Colton....yes, I specifically wrote your quote, because I totally agree that Colton's arc is at it's peak...between the last ep and this one, he is definitely going to come down hard. I am betting that he is the one that could be next week. With a girl gone this week, the other misfit guys can still have the numbers for the majority even after Colton is gone. Just don't see the guys going with a Colton boot this week because it would give the guys/girls even numbers....next week is a different story.

Thanks for the input! Love to hear more argument! I love it when we have doubt as well~!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-12, 04:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots""
FlowerPower hits it out of park once again!

This week I don't see much to argue. While once could make a case for any one of Nu Manono to go -- all it would take is someone makes another faux pas and enough of them get a wild hair -- the sensible thing for them to do is go after Monica or Christina.

This is because Alicia has been jonesing to get rid of them for days, so there's really no loyalty issue on her part -- even if she had a loyal personality which we don't know. Imagine if Colton got on a tribe with Matt, Bill, and four girls. He would be with the girls. That's Alicia's situation now.

I think Monica will go even though she is stronger than Christina, just due to her greater development and presence in promos. She will seem more of a threat.

It is most likely going to be Monica & Christina, boom boom, and the Jiffy hype is to make us think something interesting will happen.

We may see the Salani form a good bond. We know that Kim always wanted a co-ed partnership. We know that Sabrina was ready to ditch Kat. The men they got are the pretty boys, good with challenges, and Michael and Jay have no alliance with the other guys. They need new allies.

However that works out, the power alliance might not miss Alicia at all. I wouldn't.

so yeah, bye Monica. You were a good character who never really had a chance with this group.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-12, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" - convinced"
I probably should have checked (re-checked?) the video evidence before posting. My bad. Monica's end-confessional is foreshadowing, and Alicia does seem extra buddy-buddy with Colton (not just one snippet, but several). Colton is seen shaking Christina's hand, with Alicia watching over the proceedings. Only person left would then be Monica.

Although my gut says it's still going to be Alicia (can she be long for this game?), my head is overruling it and going back with Monica.

Monica does look mega-phenomenal, very hot, definitely an actor-type. I just think that her face belies her age.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-12, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS, Ep 5, "A Bunch of Idiots" - convinced"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-12 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

You might be correct, see the photo here. Having said that, it's entirely subjective - what one thinks as 40-ish can be 30-ish to another person, and the toll of the game can hit people in different ways (Alicia looks older and more haggard {and definitely not as Photoshopped} at this point in the game than she did in her pre-game pictures, for one). It also depends on how close this poster got to Monica/Alicia - good makeup could make Monica appear younger from a few rows away.

As usual, excellent job with the SOTS, FloPo! You make it look really easy.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-12, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Flo-nomenal Job!"
Thank goodness we have you, Dr. FloPo.
I daresay, the community would be hard-pressed to refute any of your findings... it's all right there; placed surgically perfect, with all of the appropriate accents and emphases, followed up with healthy doses of organically derived research and, above all, the recommended DAW-dosage of verbiage to get it all down.
So, next on the slate we have a quick and decisive expulsion of the malignant Monica.

Up next, I wish for some serious Anti-Colton movements.
Please tell me relief is less than a few boots away.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •