The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 E5 Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-12, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 E5 Vidcaps"
Discussion of Episode 5 Vidcaps.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Show Preview VolcanicGlass 03-08-12 1
   RE: Show Preview beaglemaster 03-08-12 6
   RE: Show Preview PepeLePew13 03-08-12 8
   Just saying... Flowerpower 03-08-12 13
   Is it my imagination or has one of ... beaglemaster 03-08-12 15
       RE: Is it my imagination or has one... beaglemaster 03-09-12 28
           RE: Is it my imagination or has one... dabo 03-09-12 29
               RE: Is it my imagination or has one... PepeLePew13 03-09-12 30
                   RE: Is it my imagination or has one... PepeLePew13 03-09-12 31
                       RE: Is it my imagination or has one... beaglemaster 03-09-12 37
                           RE: Is it my imagination or has one... Flowerpower 03-12-12 47
                               RE: Is it my imagination or has one... beaglemaster 03-12-12 49
                                   RE: Is it my imagination or has one... beaglemaster 03-12-12 51
                                       RE: Is it my imagination or has one... dabo 03-12-12 52
                                       RE: Is it my imagination or has one... Flowerpower 03-12-12 53
                                           RE: Is it my imagination or has one... beaglemaster 03-12-12 54
                                               RE: Is it my imagination or has one... Flowerpower 03-13-12 55
                                                   RE: Is it my imagination or has one... jasonkola 03-13-12 57
                                                       RE: Is it my imagination or has one... dabo 03-13-12 58
 RC Detail VolcanicGlass 03-08-12 2
   RE: RC Detail Flowerpower 03-08-12 4
       3rd platform byoffer 03-08-12 7
           RE: 3rd platform Flowerpower 03-08-12 9
       RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? Blind Freddy 03-08-12 10
           RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? PepeLePew13 03-08-12 11
           YES!!! Flowerpower 03-08-12 12
           RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? byoffer 03-08-12 14
               RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? VolcanicGlass 03-08-12 18
               RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? tribephyl 03-08-12 19
                   RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? VolcanicGlass 03-08-12 20
                       RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? Blind Freddy 03-08-12 22
               RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? PepeLePew13 03-08-12 21
                   RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? tribephyl 03-08-12 24
                       RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? PepeLePew13 03-08-12 25
                           RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? Blind Freddy 03-08-12 26
                           RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? tribephyl 03-09-12 27
                               RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal? byoffer 03-09-12 32
 Swap VolcanicGlass 03-08-12 3
   RE: Swap beaglemaster 03-08-12 5
       RE: Swap tribephyl 03-08-12 16
           RE: Swap beaglemaster 03-08-12 17
           RE: Swap Flowerpower 03-08-12 23
               RE: Swap jasonkola 03-09-12 33
                   RE: Swap jasonkola 03-09-12 34
                       Monica next to go? jasonkola 03-09-12 35
                           RE: Monica next to go? Outfrontgirl 03-09-12 38
                               RE: Monica next to go? jasonkola 03-09-12 39
                                   RE: Monica next to go? Outfrontgirl 03-10-12 40
                                       RE: Monica next to go? jasonkola 03-10-12 41
                                           RE: Monica next to go? Outfrontgirl 03-10-12 42
                                               RE: Monica next to go? CTgirl 03-10-12 43
 E5 Web promo Blind Freddy 03-09-12 36
   RE: E5 Web promo VolcanicGlass 03-13-12 56
 PIP Promo Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-10-12 44
   RE: PIP Promo Vidcaps baddove 03-10-12 45
       RE: PIP Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-10-12 46
 Speculation... Flowerpower 03-12-12 48
 press images tribephyl 03-12-12 50
 RE: S24 E5 Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 03-14-12 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-08-12, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Show Preview"
Probst VO: Next time, on Survivor.
Alicia: (gesturing towards Colton) "All hail to the Queen."
Colton: (chuckling)
Probst VO: Colton's reign continues...
Jonas: "So, what's the plan?"
Jonas: (confessional) "I could be Colton's b****. I'll be whatever you want me to be."
Probst VO: ... but a twist knocks him off his throne.
Probst: (at RC) "Before we get to the challenge...'
Various players: (gasping)
Female player: "Oh my God."
Colton: (confessional) "I just thought, 'beep.'"

beaglemaster 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-12, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Show Preview"
Love Jay's glee full reaction to Colton's despair at realizing he's no longer in control

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-12, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Show Preview"
Just an observation... the Jonas-KKKolton gabfest is at a different time than the Jonas confessional -- you can see a red welt under Jonas' eye while he's talking to KKKolton plus he has his buff around the neck then, while he doesn't have a welt or a buff in his confessional.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-12, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Just saying..."
that both of these shots could be POST Shuffle! Alicia is seen swimming with her new tribe mate, perhaps?

And, Jonas and Colton going off together to conspire post shuffle, perhaps? Those buffs that they have on look pretty shiny and new, imo...

03-08-12, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
in the promo you can see the Manono camp sign directly over Coltons head, but I can't see the Salani camp sign

I realize it is at an angle to the other sign and could be blocked by a tree, BUT when I look at this cap from ep2 the tree lines just don't match up.

In the cap from ep5 there are a few palm trees in the foreground of the sign. But there are none in the cap from ep2. I re watched the part of ep1 when they arrived at the camps and searched through caps from other episodes but couldn't find any good shots from far enough back away from the signs

03-09-12, 12:48 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
I guess I'm not the only one that noticed.
Benson over at sucks posted hours before me that it was a different beach. So I'm not just imagining things.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

Actually

I looked at that over and over. Can't tell. But maybe the blue flag is there, covered by shade.

It seems to be equally distanced on the left of the tree from the orange flag on the right.

03-09-12, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Hard to tell as the blow-up isn't conclusive, but there *is* something blue-ish in that area:

03-09-12, 02:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
And here's a cross-section closeup of the beach area, see how that blue-ish area compares to the orange tribal flag:

03-09-12, 08:11 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
My point is that there are 3 prominent white palm tree trunks on the left side of this pic in front of the sign and one beyond Leif to the right.

-----------------------------^1----^2-----------------------------^3-----------------------------------Leif^
but they are not here

And does any one know if both tribes used the same water supply?
Because this is not the same water barrel seen in ep2 at 30:20

If they did use the same supply this would prove they moved Manono to another beach.

03-12-12, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Hi Beaglemaster....I see what you mean. Clearly, the Manono banner has moved. But, I don't know if it is significant as I don't know if it could be the same generalized area, just a different camera angle. But, there is no doubt that the Manono banner has indeed been moved.

Are you speculating that perhaps the 2 tribes have now been separated post shuffle?

03-12-12, 04:30 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
>Are you speculating that perhaps the
>2 tribes have now been
>separated post shuffle?

Yes. That was my initial thought. Since my first post on this there have been several posts over at SUCKS (so hard to follow with all the egos and drama over there) The One World camp is the S23 former Upolu camp and NuManono is now on the old Savaii beach.

So here's my spec on that
One World is truly over! No more fraternizing with the enemy.
RC loser get kick off the beach and sent to The old Savaii camp site with their stuff and have to build a new shelter.

NuManono is really going to crash and burn IMHO. Without a proper shelter and the mix of idiots and slackers on the new post shuffle tribe not getting it together to build one, they are doomed.
With this in mind, I don't see NuSalani loosing any challenges unless they choose to.

03-12-12, 06:17 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Further proof for me that the tribes seperate

Clean new buffs for Salani at old camp shelter

03-12-12, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Makes sense to me. No strategizing with your former tribemates from the switch until the merge, the old world order gives way to the new world order.

03-12-12, 08:06 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Clean new buffs for Salani at old camp shelter

Beaglemaster....the buffs don't mean anything. They all will get "new" buffs at the shuffle....right before the RC. Kat, Sabrina, and Kim are sporting their new buffs from the shuffle. Look closely in the vidcaps and you will see new buffs on all of them...

03-12-12, 10:25 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Exactly my point
Salani is at old camp after shuffle, Manono is at the new camp post shuffle

03-13-12, 06:38 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-12 AT 06:45 AM (EST)

Sorry, I had missed your post #49!

Interesting....here is further proof that the Manono shelter is moved...

Clearly, you can see that they must be building a new one...

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-12, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
If this dose happen. I will be disappointed. CBS had an interesting concept going on with this one world twist. With the switch I was looking forward to the greater possibility of cross tribal alliances. The only reason I can think CBS would do this is to keep one dominant alliance from continuing to work together.

03-13-12, 02:29 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Is it my imagination or has one of the camps moved?"
Another reason: if they kept them all confined to one single camp for the duration they would be in danger of sourcing out the camp. No more snails, coconuts, bananas, etc. Even the fish might thin out, disperse to a safer haven. A forced move at the merge, making them all work together as one tribe to set up a new camp, would have been another way of doing that.

03-08-12, 06:46 AM (EST)
2. "RC Detail"

03-08-12, 09:17 AM (EST)
4. "RE: RC Detail"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-12 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

Thanks so much for posting all of the vidcaps and for the blow-ups, VG! These are great detailed pics! First of all, we certainly know what is under the purple cloth....the new buffs for the shuffle! The only one that looks scared is Colton! Ha!

As for the challenge. We know that it is for reward. Also, does anyone recognize this an a challenge that's been run before? Clearly, you can see that there is a large vat that is raised on one end...

Then we see a smaller vat located at the other end. We see that there is some kind of slanted ramp attached to the platform by the smaller vat, so likely when enough fluid is transferred from the large vat to the smaller vat, something is released, perhaps, that rolls down the ramp, once the ball is released and rolls down the ramp...

Grab it and use it to chop or untangle the rope that holds the banner that must be released....first tribe to raise their banner will win the challenge. We see that there is a platform where vertical banners must be raised at the end of the challenge.

If you look closely at this picture I have labeled some things to note...

1. You can see that there is a puzzle bag, blue, hanging down under the large blue vat...The Manono bag under their vat is obscured. I don't know if it's a puzzle bag, or perhaps it is a bag that contains the small container to transfer the water....now, how do they get the water out of the large vat to transfer...pull the string and get showered....?
2. There is another long platform in addition to the two tribal platforms that lead to the tribe raised, vats. What could this be for? Perhaps it is for callers to stand/run on to guide possibly blindfolded tribemates through the challenge course. Is this challenge going to be run blindfolded?
3. And finally, there are small little structures that I call attention to placed all throughout the mid-section of this challenge course. Note that they are anchors for ropes. You cannot really see many of the ropes with the overhead shots, but you sure can see them in the picture that I have noted. Note that they are colored in the tribes colors....here are arrows placed where I believe there could be ropes...

I know that you can't see the ropes from this frame, but, when I uploaded the picture into my computer and zoomed in on them, I could see them. I think that the ropes make a zig zag course that they must navigate between the large vat of water to the smaller vats. Also, I have written where I believe Jiffy, the reward, and the tribes are located at the beginning of the challenge.

Here are more pics of the third planked row, perhaps for the callers....

First tribe to fill the smaller vat to a certain weight will release something that rolls down the ramp, that gives them something to untangle or chop a rope to release their tribal banner wins...

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-12, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "3rd platform"
Based on its position, I don't think that the 3rd platform can be for callers. If it was for callers it would be between the two other platforms, or there would be one on each side.

My guess is that the 3rd platform was a late addition to the challenge structure to improve viewing. It is either for Jeff, so that he can call better, or maybe for the camera men so that they can film both tribes working along their individual platforms. Maybe they needed the height so that the cameras could see the blue ramp action better, or to keep a lens on the water levels in the buckets.

Just my $0.02

03-08-12, 12:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 3rd platform"
Byoffer! Yes, I think you are most likely right. It's probably for Uncle Camera-man and maybe for Jiffy....Makes more sense. Thanks for your 2 cents!

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-12 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Waterbarrel chal spec for RC5...

The future waterbarrel chal pic. Note that the walking surface is not shown and no water is seen splashing up from walking thru water/ocean.

Speced playout of chal if it is Leaky barrel chal...

Your thoughts?

Edit to add thanks to VG for the overhead closeup pics

03-08-12, 01:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
Works for me, you can see the greenish grass in the murky background shown under the leaky barrel and it matches the colour scheme of the overhead view. Good job, BF!

03-08-12, 01:55 PM (EST)
12. "YES!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-12 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

Blind Freddy: YES! I believe that you are right! It is going to be the leaky water barrel challenge. When I saw this challenge, I thought, could it be? But, didn't go back to look at the vidcaps. In my mind I was thinking that it occured IN water, but, with the vidcaps you can see that it doesn't have to! Here are all of the shots from the pre-show vidcaps...

When you think of the challenge course with the leaky water barrel needing to go from one end, up some stairs, then get the water from the large vat, then go back down the stairs to return the water to a container, you can see that with this filled barrel, they are moving down the steps....note Michael especially is moving down the steps...

Thanks so much, Freddy, great job! I agree with the zig zag roped off paths they have to follow and that the contraption at the end is the structure where the winners banner will be raised! Awesome!

03-08-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
The only thing missing is how the challenge ends. I will admit that I don't see bags as were identified above. If anything maybe there is a pull to release the water from the cistern at the top of the course that they will collect into the leaky buckets.

But what are they filling with that water? How do these things work?

Is is a trough, and the water runs from the left to the right, and then they have to catch it again at the right to move it to the end?

And how do these work?

They look like typical Survivor "Flag-o-Matics", but how are they connected to the water dumping mechanism??

03-08-12, 07:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
Nice job on breaking down the challenge, BF.

As for the final part of the challenge, perhaps a certain water level needs to be reached before something (a key?) is released to allow a tribe to release their tribal flag.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-12, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"

1. Tribes start with holey barrel, on platform next to mat.

2. Tribes run through roped paths, up stairs, over wall to the water tower.

3. Pull tribe-colored bag to release water, filling leaky bucket, then racing back to start point, trying to keep as much water inside as possible.

4. Tribes dump their water into another barrel placed on a cantilever/SeesawBucket.

5. Repeat 2 through 4 until enough water has filled the SeeSaw Bucket (which may ALSO have holes) to cause it to lower, which causes the opposite end of the seesaw to rise, which pulls a latch, releasing the bag above the flag, which falls and pulls the flag up.

Bags at flag/signal end are most noticable in this cap, dangling down from the center of each of the flag spots. (Note also their shadows)

03-08-12, 08:08 PM (EST)
20. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
C/U of the final section of the challenge.

03-08-12, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
Thanks VG for the close up....
Well there definitely is a rope on each flag tower that goes from the sand bag to the top and then back down to the cross bar....a likely sand bag counterweight that when released will pull the flag up in full glory.

Additionally it *looks* like there is a dark line of pixelization in a straight line from the bottom crossbar of the flag tower framework over to the end of the plank/seesaw end. It might be just the shadow of the rope/wire that I am seeing but there does seem to be a straight line of something there(leading to each flag tower framework)...which is very suggestive of a rope/wire.

So if that's true then it does suggest that the plank/seesaw is connected to the flag framework. And that the plank/seesaw mechanism is triggered via a movement of the plank/seesaw.

So there does not seem to be a chopping-of-rope component to this chal. At least that's my best guess at this time.

Good eyes Tribe!

03-08-12, 08:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
>And how do these work?
>

One could only hope these would be catapults to fling KKKolton into the air.

03-08-12, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
Those are the flag poles.

03-08-12, 10:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
I guess sarcasm doesn't translate very well here on the Spoilers forum.

03-08-12, 10:34 PM (EST)
26. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
Well.....

<insert tongue in cheek> <head/shoulder roll>

It would be a Survivor 'first'....so there's that.
:-p

03-09-12, 01:42 AM (EST)
27. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
1. You were signing too fast for me.

2. It's much too small to toss someone as fat as Colton.

3. Originally, I did have phlag phag pole. But realized this wasn't The Lodge. Which reminds me...

4. Overall, sorry, used to being serious in these parts.

03-09-12, 03:18 PM (EST)
32. "RE: RC5 = Waterbarrel Chal?"
4. Overall, sorry, used to being serious in these parts.

Me too.

03-08-12, 06:48 AM (EST)
3. "Swap"
Unveiling of the new buffs.

03-08-12, 10:16 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Swap"
Looks to me that they have red eggs in one bowl and blue eggs in the other with the buffs behind. Maybe colored paint inside a'la Coach and Ozzy tribal pick'em , the color inside is your new tribe. But with an odd number on each side I'm not quite sure how they pull that off unless they decide on tribe leaders first and then the remaining 12 draw lots(6 red eggs for Manono, 6 blue for Salani) to see who goes where.

03-08-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Swap"
I think you're right.
They simply have to split the colors within 3/4 for each tribe.
3 blue and 4 red in the red eggs.
3 red and 4 blue in the blue eggs.

And as evidence, you can see traces of blue "paint" on Jays hand and Kims back, in this cap.

03-08-12, 05:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Swap"
Good catch. looks like Kim got some hugs

03-08-12, 09:00 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Swap"
You all are doing a phenomenal job with this challenge and with the observations of the paint and eggs! You are blowing me away with the annotations to the vidcaps, wow! Tribe, Blind Freddy, VG, and everyone else...great JOB! You guys ROCK!

03-09-12, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Swap"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Ok we have a clip of the award winning performance. Looks like Colton is playing both sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=ebvYVQ4lf6Y

This video also confirms the new tribes as FP stated.

nuManono: Leif, Colton, Gregzan, Jonas, Christina, Alicia, Monica
nuSalani: Michael, Troyzan, Jay, Sabrina, Kat, Kim, Chelsea

03-09-12, 04:53 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Swap"
Monica already seems suspicious that he is playing both sides. If these people were smart they would let hi play both sides. Make him believe he has all their trust then vote him out. But for some reason I do not think they are smart enough to do this especially the guys.

03-09-12, 05:25 PM (EST)
35. "Monica next to go?"
If I understand OFG theory Monica would be in danger to go next. Colton realizes the guys are a bunch of idiots and the girls are smarter and Monica is already suspicious of him so she will be his target.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-12, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Monica next to go?"
I'm not sure that I even understand OFG theory 24 seasons in ...

One of the prime points to determine about an element (and of HIGH difficulty) is to decide whether this is an OBVIOUS BOOT episode or a SURPRISE BOOT aka hidden boot.

If the latter, there will be some serious misdirection to hide the bootee's danger.

Monica is an "obvious boot." She is shown negotiating and clearly aware that Colton could be taking her for a ride. She has been in a minority alliance and in some danger from the beginning.

If I were looking for OFG theory here, I would look for a shot that is not necessary, that doesn't tell the story of the promo or is just odd.

The close-up of Christina which has an odd expression could be one:

Then we have shots where someone appears safe, like Jonas or Alicia, which could be misdirection:

Or Colton himself could be dethroned this episode, after being named Queen and Super Villain and master manipulator:

Another thing I look at is who has been in serious danger that they are ignoring in the promos but who is still shown. Both Leif and Christina have been major targets. Alicia has complained more about Christina than Monica, yet Christina has faded into the sidelines a bit since her confrontation at ep 1 TC.

Leif was supposed to be voted out, yet here he is shown as part of the group again:

What we don't see is ANY footage of Salani going through scrambling. 99% it is Manono going to TC. VERY seldom do they cut the tribe out that is going to TC. The one time I can think of recently is when they blindsided us in S22 with Zapatera booting Stephanie. (I think that was the one where we had all the promo energy put on the tribe that didn't go to TC.)

I think that Monica and Christina are most likely Colton's targets. He is the swing vote. While they could all band together and boot Colton, that would leave a 3-3 tribe and I don't really see the guys getting behind that, especially not Greg.

I would love to see Jonas and Leif form an alliance with Monica and Christina and take control of the tribe, but I'm afraid it's wishful thinking for the first post swap episode when original tribal loyalties are still so strong.

Then again, there is nothing very epic about a Monica/Christina boot, and we have more of the patented Jiffy Hypola touted this week.

03-09-12, 11:52 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Monica next to go?"
"I would love to see Jonas and Leif form an alliance with Monica and Christina and take control of the tribe, but I'm afraid it's wishful thinking for the first post swap episode when original tribal loyalties are still so strong."

I can not agree more. That would be awesome. I am not so sure the tribe loyalties are so strong. Monica and Christina were already on the outs with their tribe. Leif was on the outs. I think Alicia will go to Colton right away to join his alliance right away. Colton will then know he has the men and Alicia wrapped around his finger so he will target Monica fallowed by Christina then perhaps Leif.

If Monica and Christina did manage to join with Leif and Jonas that would be so epic and make me one happy fan. But I have learned to try to separate my wishful thinking from what is most likely to happen in an effort to correctly predict what will happen. I know every time I follow my wishful thinking I am wrong more often than right.

03-10-12, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Monica next to go?"
So true about wishful thinking!

Tribal loyalty was not the best wording I could have used. It's not that I think they are bound to protect their original tribe, but rather that what trust they do have established is with their old tribe. Except possibly Colton.

While Monica and Christina are going to be open to whatever options they find, Greg will not want to change his alliance with four members of the misfits together. Leif, we just don't know yet how he feels. Jonas, has worked to integrate himself with the guys. He seems to me least likely to jump ship.

You did point out these photos back in Ep 3:

I am hoping they do bond, we did not see that scene broadcast, and I wonder if it was even pre-swap.

In order to pull off a blindside "chop the head off the leader" type move, they have to trust that everyone involved will really vote that way. That is the kind of trust that is hard to come by shortly after a swap. However, these guys have been living side by side, and we don't really know what bonds may have formed that the edit has held back from us.

03-10-12, 01:29 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Monica next to go?"
Now you got me wishful thinking again

I agree Jonas is the least likely to jump ship. But we have seen him talking with Troyzan about big moves. He could be one of those players that dreams of that big move. But if that was the case why did he and the other guys not side with Bill and blind side Colton when they had the chance. Bill has stated in exit interviews that he thought they were with him that is why he agreed to go to TC. I am thinking either these guys do not hate Colton as much as we do or they are seeing him as a goat. The only other options are they are stupid or just glad to vote anyone else off as long as it is not them.

03-10-12, 04:29 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Monica next to go?"
In the cast assessment, Jeff described Jonas as "malleable," and he called himself "go with the flow."

JP: He does sort of have that Zen quality that you would think somebody working with their hands and fish would have. He could go with these guys and fit in or he could go with this group and fit in. And if he can just pick a group and get in with them, I think he could last a long time because I think he might miss some of the bullets flying."

In the pre-show interviews, Michael and Bill stated they dreamed of big moves, but I don't think Jonas did.

Maybe he has a surfer mentality: You don't make waves, you catch waves and ride them.

When it comes to booting Colton last night, one thing to consider is the "misfits" have a small majority, and now they aren't sure of Leif. If they had booted Colton, things might have shifted to Michael, Bill, Jay vs Greg, Jonas, Troyzan with Leif as the possibly alienated swing vote.

It was the safer move to eliminate another of Matt's four and stick with the guy who has the HII.

btw, it appears Colton did not explain that the only other idol belongs to Salani. Bill and Leif thought if they found an idol that it would be usable. I thought there was someone who said the guys weren't looking for it because it belonged to the women and they'd just as soon keep it out of play.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Monica next to go?"
That was me. That was what Matt said in an exit interview (one of the survivor podcasts). Apparently they all didn't talk about it together though.

IIRC, Bill said he didn't know that Colton had the HII until right before tribal council. He was really out of the loop then because I thought everyone knew about it. I guess the men have some communication problems too!

03-09-12, 06:41 PM (EST)
36. "E5 Web promo"
Here's the E5 web promo...

Vieo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvYVQ4lf6Y

Vidcaps up at Survivor Fever here: (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_ep5_wp.html

Transcript
-------------------------
VO: Wednesday...

JP: We're switching tribes

VO: An unexpected shakeup gives rise to a Super Villain...

Colton (to Jonas): I'm sticking with the guys

Monica (to Colton): You're not with the guys are you?

Colton (to Monica): I pinky promise.

Colton (to Leif/Greg): Ya'll are onboard?

Greg (to Colton): I agree with you 100%

Colton (to Alicia/Christina): So ya'll are good?

Colton (confessional): I'm playing both sides.

Monica (confessional): I hope Colton's not the master manipulator or us girls are going down 1-2-3.

VO: New survivor Wednesday, only CBS.
--------------------------------

03-13-12, 08:15 AM (EST)
56. "RE: E5 Web promo"
Just realized that the web promo is only the 20 second promo. Here is the full promo transcript, with the missig vidcaps in large format. As before, repeat footage from other promos is shown in thumbnail form.

The color quality of the vidcaps is due entirely to the original video.

VO: Wednesday...
Probst: "You can drop your buffs..."
Players gasping
VO: ... an unexpected shake-up...
Probst: "... cause we're switching tribes."
VO: ... breaks Survivor One World apart...
Troyzan: (confessional) "It's not men vs. women anymore. It's just a brand new game."
VO: ... and gives rise...
Colton: (confessional) "I have the world in my hands at this point."
VO: ... to a super villain.
Colton: (to Jonas) "I'm sticking with the guys."
Monica: (to Colton) "You're not with the guys, are you?"
Colton: (to Monica) "I pinkie promise."
Colton: (to Leif & Tarzan) "But you all are on board?"
Tarzan: (to Colton) "I agree with you 100%"
Colton: (to Alicia & Christina) "So, you all are good?"
Colton: (confessional) "I'm playing both sides."
Monica (confessional): "I hope Colton's not the master manipulator ... then us girls are going down 1,2,3."
VO: New Survivor, Wednesday, only CBS.

03-10-12, 02:36 PM (EST)
44. "PIP Promo Vidcaps"
VO: An unexpected shake-up gives rise to a super villain.

As before, repeat footage from other promos is shown in thumbnail form.

baddove 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-10-12, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail baddove Click to send private message to baddove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: PIP Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-12 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

looks like the idol is on the fencepost for the barrel challenge-or is that a wooden duck? Since it is the first challenge (reward) it can't be immunity.

Sort of confused.

03-10-12, 05:31 PM (EST)
46. "RE: PIP Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-12 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

Wow, with the Greek Gods on one tribe, I think we'll have a Salani sweep this episode. I think they will win handily the RC, as well as the IC. Lots of plotting shots of the nuManono tribe...I agree, Monica's parting shot and her stating if Colton is the master manipulator us girls are going down, 1 - 2 - 3...Not a good sign...

Long ago established that the water basketball challenge is for immunity. The II is next to Jiffy on his water platform.

03-12-12, 08:22 AM (EST)
48. "Speculation..."
Here is my spec for this episode. The big promo is that there is a SUPER VILLAIN....Colton. He will emerge as a super villain when he plays both sides and then deceives one. Here are some of the boot decoys...

Leif:

Jonas:

Christina:

and Monica:

One of them is surely the boot.

I think the only one that is really safe on nuManono is...

Alicia is really working it and wants to be Colton's BFF to ensure her Survivor life!

In the end, I think that Monica will be toast. This was not a good sign for her at the end of the promo...

Monica (confessional): I hope Colton's not the master manipulator or us girls are going down 1-2-3.

Next week I wouldn't be surprised if nuManono loses again...nuSalani sure looks stacked. If that happens then I think someone will start the movement to take Colton and his HII down. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go with the HII in his pocket, it's really been foreshadowed...fwiw.

03-12-12, 04:35 PM (EST)
50. "press images"

03-14-12, 05:01 PM (EST)
59. "RE: S24 E5 Vidcaps"
Bump

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •