The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-01-12, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-12 AT 02:19 AM (EST)

Here is Jeff's Tout about next week. I wander what he means.

http://www.tout.com/m/na0gju

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Post Show Promo tribephyl 03-01-12 1
 RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-01-12 2
   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps jasonkola 03-01-12 3
   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-01-12 4
       RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-01-12 5
           RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 03-01-12 6
               RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps jasonkola 03-01-12 7
                   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Polonium 03-02-12 8
                       RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps jasonkola 03-02-12 9
                       RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-02-12 10
                           Found it! Flowerpower 03-02-12 11
                               RE: Found it! jasonkola 03-02-12 12
                                   RE: Found it! jasonkola 03-02-12 13
                               RE: Found it! beaglemaster 03-02-12 14
                                   RE: Found it! jasonkola 03-02-12 16
                                   Duh....disregard last post beaglemaster 03-02-12 17
 Full Promo Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-02-12 15
   RE: Full Promo Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-02-12 18
   RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-02-12 19
       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps jasonkola 03-02-12 20
       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps byoffer 03-02-12 21
           RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-02-12 22
           RE: Full Promo Vidcaps pobblebonk 03-02-12 23
               RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-02-12 24
                   RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 03-03-12 29
               RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Blind Freddy 03-02-12 25
                   RE: Full Promo Vidcaps jasonkola 03-02-12 26
                       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps baddove 03-02-12 27
                           RE: Full Promo Vidcaps pobblebonk 03-03-12 28
       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 03-03-12 30
       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 03-03-12 31
           RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-03-12 32
               RE: Full Promo Vidcaps jasonkola 03-05-12 33
               RE: Full Promo Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-05-12 35
                   RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-05-12 36
       RE: Full Promo Vidcaps Sheldor 03-06-12 51
 E4 Press Pics Blind Freddy 03-05-12 34
   RE: E4 Press Pics Flowerpower 03-05-12 37
       Another thought.... Flowerpower 03-06-12 38
           RE: Another thought.... jasonkola 03-06-12 39
           RE: Another thought.... dabo 03-06-12 41
 PIP Promo VolcanicGlass 03-06-12 40
   RE: PIP Promo Flowerpower 03-06-12 47
       RE: PIP Promo PepeLePew13 03-06-12 49
       RE: PIP Promo VolcanicGlass 03-06-12 54
   RE: PIP Promo Outfrontgirl 03-10-12 61
 RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Noaheli 03-06-12 42
   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps jasonkola 03-06-12 43
       RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps Noaheli 03-06-12 45
   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps dabo 03-06-12 44
   Hey! dabo 03-08-12 60
 OFG Theory Flowerpower 03-06-12 46
   RE: OFG Theory jasonkola 03-06-12 48
       RE: OFG Theory PepeLePew13 03-06-12 50
           RE: OFG Theory dabo 03-06-12 52
               RE: OFG Theory jasonkola 03-06-12 53
               RE: OFG Theory VolcanicGlass 03-06-12 55
               RE: OFG Theory Outfrontgirl 03-06-12 56
                   RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps jasonkola 03-07-12 57
                       RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps dabo 03-07-12 58
 IC4 Chal Preview - BTS Dreamers Blind Freddy 03-07-12 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-12, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Post Show Promo"
Transcript:
Greg (talking to Salani Tribe): We have a betrayal.
Sabrina: Oh my God
Kat (camera confessional): The Manono tribe has lost their marbles.
Greg (talking to Troy?) You will be first to go.
Greg (camera confessional): It's such an egregious breach of faith.
Jay (camera confessional): That's such a hasty decision.
Jonas (camera confessional): I'm thinking "what?"
(Colton and Bill having a confrontation, Colton tries to get away from Bill)
Colton (camera confessional): I want you gone.
Colton (talking to someone in the shelter): I told you to pick a side and you picked the wrong side
(cut to Mike)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-12, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-12 AT 08:46 AM (EST)

I first noted my thoughts about the touted tease by Jiffy here, but I think we should speculate on that in the Title and misdirection clues thread.

As for the vidcaps....alot is going on....

Hear Greg say, they have a betrayal..., as he walks into the girls camp the camera focuses on Chelsea.

Kat: The manono tribe absolutely lost their marbles...I feel like this is just a reaction from Kat, who appears to not be the brightest bulb on the tree.
Greg seen talking to Troyzan,

but then you see it's really someone else that he is talking to....You will be first to go...

Greg in confessional...: It's such an egregious breach of faith
Jay: That's a hasty decision, then a shot of Colton and Jonas, as Jay speaks to them.

Jonas in confessional: I'm thinking, what?

Then, see Colton and Bill fighting, Bill says NO, NO! and Colton says "I want you gone" regarding Bill...

Colton talking to someone...I told you to pick a side, and you picked the wrong side...

(Who is Colton talking to in that frame? Is that a tatoo on his right arm? Could he be talking to Leif?)
Then see a shot of Michael.

Colton: I want his head on a platter

Alot of manipulation and editing going on here to make us think that the men are all over the place, and that in the end, Colton will target Bill or Michael, and it's manipulated to throw Troyzan in as a boot choice as well per Tarzan. I think it will be ALL misdirection this week, but it is pertinent as to the future.

Just as last week the preview promo was all about the miserable, freezing girls and Kin's confessional..."They are beginning to believe that we cannot win", which was misdirection as we saw them win both challenges.

One thing that raised a red flag for me, was the shot of Chelsea. Chelsea is presumed to be in the water basketball challenge, she is seen from afar, and it is not definitive that she is there. While I really believe it's Monica that goes, Chelsea is raising a red flag, and then when we heard Jiffy's tout, it gives me a pause.

03-01-12, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-12 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

I believe you are right about the misdirection. I would like to speculate that the person that Greg is talking with is Mat prior to his boot episode 3. The question is who were they referring to when they said "they have a betrayal". Maybe Chelsea as she has already expressed unhappiness with her alliance. Perhaps Chelsea goes against her alliance to protect Monica as she feels Kat should be next to go. Then at TC per Jeff's tout. The girls vote Chelsea out only Monica steps in and volunteers to take her place as the bootee.

I would also like to point out as posted by Polonium over at sucks that Greg could be the next to go as the only picks of him we have are on with wet hair and one of him standing next to Christine which could have been taken in the next episode at the challenge we have not seen yet if the switch happens EP5.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-01-12, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
The clips and the audio are both heavily manipulated this week, so don't rely solely on the transcript.

One quick thing to add, in the sequence where we see Troyzan over Tarzan's back, as Tarzan moves away, a third person is shown.

03-01-12, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-12 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

SWEEET catch there, VG!

ETA: Jason: Greg cannot be the next to go, because we see all of the men, less Matt, in the water basketball challenge! We see 2 guys standing in front of the Salani banners, 4 guys standing in front of the Manono banners, and 2 guys actively participating in the challenge....Leif vs. Michael....total guys seen = 8

Greg/Tarzan cannot be the next one to go. The next one to go MUST be a female...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-12, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
The shoulder in the scene with Greg-Troy-zans looks light and feminine to me, but I am often wrong about these things and one wouldn't expect a girl to be there -- but could it be Chelsea?

The other thing I'm wondering about these caps is whether the Greg and Chelsea shot is continuous and where Greg goes next. He tells Chelsea something, and then we see all the other women looking very pensive, shocked, even Alicia. If the news only concerned the men, I would think Alicia and maybe others would be somewhat delighted that the men were all in a stir--unless the news somehow impacts the women.

Does Chelsea come and tell the other women, and she is standing out of frame, or does Greg leave Chelsea and walk over to the larger group? Could what he's saying be about Chelsea? I am a lot less confident about Chelsea's safety seeing her not part of the herd in this shot, but is that manipulated?

I don't think the teaser can be entirely separated from the cap analysis as we need to have it in mind.

03-01-12, 10:01 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
I would like to point out in this pic someone is on the right as well as you can see in the bottom right corner of the pic so Colton could be talking to someone else or both.

Polonium 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-12, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Polonium Click to send private message to Polonium Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
I think that's just Colton's left kneecap on the bottom right of that image.

Also, the arm behind Greg-zan looks to be attached to someone whose height is comparable to Troyzan...perhaps Jay?

03-02-12, 01:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-12 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Here is a link to the latest video promo from CBS. Lots of info from this video. check it out.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2204652920/survivor-one-world-bum-puzzled

and on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=KqJV35FW5sM

03-02-12, 01:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Hi Polonium, nice to see you here, wish you would come and add your 2 cents more often.

I agree with you, I do think that is Colton's knee as well.

Regarding this shoulder to Troyzan's left...

...It could possibly be Jay, but I think that it could be Jonas as well...I think this is a frame taken from Troyzan's and the mystery shoulder guys vantage point toward Gregzan. Notice the guy has a short hairline in the back, Jay's hair is much longer.....Also, on a side note, it appears to me that both Gregzan and Troyzan have faded black face paint on their faces...this is post challenge? RC or IC?

But this is heavily manipulated to me. Here is where we see Gregzan talking, "You will be the first to go"...

Is he talking to someone with something over their head here? Is that a buff? We are meant to believe that he's talking to Troyzan and mystery shoulder guy. Jay was wearing his buff like this...

Wondering if Jay and Jonas are both with Troyzan when Gregzan notes, "you will be the first to go"...?

03-02-12, 02:05 PM (EST)
11. "Found it!"
When Gregzan notes, "You will be the first one to go", he's talking here....

Now, note what is over Jonas' shoulder here...

Could Jonas have had that over his head, in the first frame? food for thought...

03-02-12, 02:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Found it!"
You can tell in the video clip I posted above that Tarzan iz talking in a group of guys in a circle when he says you have betrayed us. He could be talking to any one in the group but Troy Leaf and Jonas are across from him and that is the direction he is looking. Also when we see Tarzan yelling CHEATER CHEATER He appears to be pointing off to the left. Then we see a pic of Sabrina doing something that might be the cheating in this pic.

03-02-12, 02:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Found it!"
Also Immediately after the after Greg says you have betrayed us the next frame is pic of leaf. I do believe he is the one who betrays.

beaglemaster 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-12, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Found it!"
I'm wondering after seeing the new promo with Tarzan calling out the women for cheating if he's not talking to Chelsea.

Could this be the red fabric with the gold rope hanging on the branch as we see him walking away from Chelsea?

The colors don't quite match in the pics but they are lit from different sides.

03-02-12, 02:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Found it!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-12 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

Also I am not sure but It looks like we are looking at 2 different challenges in this clip. If it is two challenges the one with the teter toters is the IC as you can see the statue in the back ground .

beaglemaster 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-12, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Duh....disregard last post"
Jonas has it under his arm

03-02-12, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Full Promo Vidcaps"
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJV35FW5sM

VO: Wednesday, the battle of the sexes continues.
Kat: (cheering at challenge)
Bill: (confessional) "These women aren't slouches."
Chelsea: (confessional) "We think we can beat these boys at anything."

VO: And for the first time in the history of Survivor...
Men:
Women:
VO: ... a play will be made...
Tarzan: "Cheater! Cheater!"
VO: ... that will change the game...
Jonas: "This is a huge move."
VO: ... forever.
Tarzan: "You have betrayed us."
Jay: "I'm completely bummed about it right now."
Kat: "They've absolutely lost their marbles."
Jay: "This changes everything."
Colton: "I'm running the show. If you can't see that, you are Helen Keller."
VO: New Survivor, Wednesday, CBS.

03-02-12, 03:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
The transcript didn't render correctly, so here it is again.
I may have misunderstood Jay at one point, as I am not fluent in mumble. Corrections welcome.

VO: Wednesday, the battle of the sexes continues.
Kat: (cheering at challenge)
Bill: (confessional) "These women aren't slouches."
Chelsea: (confessional) "We think we can beat these boys at anything."

VO: And for the first time in the history of Survivor...
Men: (on challenge mat gasping)
Women: (on challenge mat gasping)
VO: ... a play will be made...
Tarzan: "Cheater! Cheater!"
VO: ... that will change the game...
Jonas: "This is a huge move."
VO: ... forever.
Tarzan: "You have betrayed us."
Jay: "I'm completely bummed about it right now."
Kat: (confessional) "They've absolutely lost their marbles."
Jay: "This changes everything."
Colton: (confessional) "I'm running the show. If you can't see that, you are Helen Keller."

03-02-12, 04:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks so much, Jason and Volcanic Glass!

I think we can figure out alot from the new promo. First of all we see that there are 2 challenges. For reward we have the Coco Connection as we have seen bits of in many pre-show video captures. We know it's for reward because of this...here is the covered reward behind the girls sling shot area...

And, here is the reaction that our Survivors have to getting a peek at the reward...

With reactions like those, it MUST contain some food...! Now, note the faces of particularly the men at the RC, there is no face paint. So, the shots of them with face paint are for the IC...

Coming to the IC...

Here are the guys mid-IC, note face paint...

Note, Michael and Jay are bound together at the wrist...now here are some of the girls, Sabrina and Kim, bound together as well...

Now, here is when Gregzan yells, CHEATER, CHEATER...it's while he is on the side lines of the IC, note again the face paint...

Note it looks as though Colton and Gregzan are tied together at the wrist as well....and Troyzan/Jonas must be out on the field at this time. Now, here is still Kim and Sabrina working together...

Then, after the IC, we have Jonas saying..."This is a huge move", while they are out fishing, we see Jonas, Troyzan and Colton...this is post IC, note the face paint on Troyzan...

Now, here are all the guys in their little circle, post IC, on the beach, when Gregzan accuses Leif, I think, "you have betrayed us".

This is what we see when he says it...

Notice I placed an arrow to the orange cloth that is over Jonas' head here...

Now here, which I believe may be before Bill calls Colton out...note that Leif is indeed there...

Again, from the other promo, here is Leif in front of Colton at the same time...note it's after the IC, we see his war paint on his arm and his Tat...

So, the betrayal at the guys side is overshadowing all of the events this episode. I am solid that the girls will be going to TC. Interesting...

03-02-12, 05:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
I would also like to suggest that the cheating might be the girls looking over at the guys as they build their puzzle. This would indicate the guys are ahead again. Secondly I would like to speculate that perhaps the guys win the reward (lots of food) and Leaf gets caught sneaking left overs to the girls. He has been shown as sympathetic to the girls in the confessional.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-12, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Where did the guys get the orange cloth from? I wondered if this was a clue that they won reward and it was one of the reward covers, but they are not orange in pic above(yellowy-green, cammo blue, and dark red shown).

thoughts?

03-02-12, 06:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-12 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

Good thinking, Byoffer! I believe you could be right! That looks like it could be a cloth napkin....that perhaps came with the reward that the guys win, perhaps? Or, maybe it's a cloth sack of some kind that something came in, like utensils or something. Regardless, I do think that it is a BIG clue that the guys may win the reward!

Also, I like the spec that Leif was sympathetic to the girls and snuck them some of the reward treats...I could see this leading to drama. I like it! At least that is the best we've got so far!

ETA: I agree, Jason, I think Gregzan yelling, "cheating, cheating", most likely is in response to the girls looking at what the guys are doing!

pobblebonk 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-12, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pobblebonk Click to send private message to pobblebonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Hi
I am new here but a long time lurker. You guys are awesome at putting all the pieces together!
I noticed that there is a pinkish looking cover just behind the chair that Colton is lounging in. I think it could be a cover from the reward challenge.

Poppy

03-02-12, 06:37 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Welcome to Blows, Poppy! Thrilled to have you chime in....we love to have as many opinions as we can get! To post a picture in your post, just type in the URL address of the picture....it's easy.

You could be right, I see. There is something lying behind Colton's chair there...could it match the purplish cover here...

Certainly is looking like the guys are winning reward, more and more! Thanks!

03-03-12, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-12 AT 05:55 AM (EST)

The cloths look to me like lava lavas (batiked). The bluer one looks to have a turtle pattern.

Samoan men dancing in lavalavas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tT372-QWt8&feature=related

A couple visitors to Manono island don lavalavas:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12439635@N05/1286482367/

Here is an example of one that is batiked magenta/fuchsia perhaps similar to the one in camp:

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-12, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Stare and compare...

03-02-12, 07:37 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Look up above his chair. Hanging up above looks like a inside out cover like the blue one. It has the right pattern on it.

baddove 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-02-12, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail baddove Click to send private message to baddove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-12 AT 08:54 PM (EST)

I am back to thinking their is a swap at TC-never been done before, game changer, speechless contestants.

pobblebonk 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-12, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pobblebonk Click to send private message to pobblebonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks for the warm welcome Flowerpower!
Baddove-I was thinking that the tribal swap could be at tribal council too or it could be just after the immunity challenge.

Poppy

03-03-12, 06:03 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Great work putting all this together, FP! The SOTS is nearly written.

Re the girls peeking at a puzzle, there is an Insider from last ep saying that Sabrina and the girls were all over copying what Bill had already done, and that's why they got it so fast.

Peeking at what others are doing has been done many times in challenges, so that's not enough to be a first. I'm thinking something that goes outside the box, but I have no idea what.

I like the idea of Leif sneaking food to the girls. There was another Insider where Colton talked about how he's not eating. I guess he's a picky eater and won't touch the rice. He really wants some fruit. He said if there is a food reward he'll do anything to win. So I think he would not want to share if they do win.

Then there's the Leif is a gentleman clip (transcript posted on Press topic), where Leif talks about how he believes in chivalry.

03-03-12, 07:45 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
I suggested at MESS that maybe there are two reward tables, because this table is near the women and the central table is covered with a turtle logo batik cloth, which is the Salani emblem. The women are shooting at turtles.

The men are shooting at stingrays, the animal on their flag and buff. Plus we see an orange cloth that is not on this table.

So maybe a second RC table with Manono colors and logos.
Maybe it's one of those pick items from a catalog (product placement) challenges, and the thing Jeff announces that makes them gasp is that they win all and will find out what it is when they're done.

Not sure, they have seen this enough times to know that winner takes all. Maybe they get to go somewhere.

But what about the idea of a second reward table with Manono colors?

03-03-12, 09:06 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
I dunno, OFG....possibly there could be 2 tables. One thing for sure though, I really think that Jiffy gives them a glimpse of what is beneath those covers, judging by their reactions.

I am not convinced that the cloth lying behind Colton's chair is indeed one of those covers....could it be some of the ropes? I may be a cover, just can't tell.

Also, I do think that orange cloth with most likely a rope draw string could be from the reward though...I am leaning toward men winning RC.

03-05-12, 02:22 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
As pointed out at Mess by MayanSun the bag Jonas is holding is the Buff bag that was holding the buffs hanging by the tribal flag at the beginning of the show. I went and checked episode 1 and sure enough it is the buff bag. He may be using it to hold the fishing gear or passably food. I still think the items behind Coltons chair and above could be the covers from the IC. They definitely have patterns on them. Ropes would not have a pattern. The one above looks to be inside out.

03-05-12, 09:34 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
>I am not convinced that the
>cloth lying behind Colton's chair
>is indeed one of those
>covers....could it be some of
>the ropes? I may be
>a cover, just can't tell.

Ropes.

03-05-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"

Ropes.

Sheldor 4619 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-06-12, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
FP wrote: We know it's for reward because of this...here is the covered reward behind the girls sling shot area...

When was the last time Jeff did NOT say his famous Reward Challenge line "Do you want to know what you are playing for?" (I always wish the survivors would yell NO!) and the reward was left covered? That might help us determine what the Reward might be. I don't remember a time when the reward was kept secret but it probably has happened before.

03-05-12, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "E4 Press Pics"
Here are the E4 Press Pics from CBS....

Courtesy of Mayan Sun at Survivor Fever:
http://www.survivorfever.net/s24_ep4_press_images.html

03-05-12, 10:05 PM (EST)
37. "RE: E4 Press Pics"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-12 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Jonas is the sit out...

Pairs: Michael/Jay, Colton/Gregzan, Troyzan/Bill, Leif
Chelsea/Alicia, Sabrina/Kim, Christina/Kat, ?Monica?

Maybe Monica is the caller and she chokes? Just spec...

03-06-12, 10:48 AM (EST)
38. "Another thought...."
Since we see that Leif is the one that the men seemed focused on we have to consider that perhaps he does something at the IC, while calling, that favors a woman? We see that most of the accusations, I think, seem to occur post challenge. Food for thought.
Even if the men win, it could raise a red flag to the men.

Another thing to consider is what if Leif finds the HII and gives it to Christina...When Sabrina found the note with the HII it instructed her that she had to give it to someone on the other tribe BEFORE TC. What if Leif finds it prior to the IC, then gives it away later and the tribe finds out that he had done all of this without telling anyone. Colton would be mad if he wasn't consulted as he thinks he's running things...and if you can't see that, you must be Helen Keller!

Still, all just spec.

03-06-12, 12:23 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Another thought...."
I am curious why they need a caller if they are not blindfolded? I wander if the single person has some other task to do?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-12, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Another thought...."
Interesting. That would fit with the "pick a side" statement. Colton might feel like he should reciprocate and get the HII to Sabrina. On the other hand weakening the strong women's alliance would be the better tactical move, if one of the stronger women could be blindsided. Absolute secrecy would be necessary for this since the two women on the outs have only two votes, the alliance of five can split their votes three and two if they know what's coming.

On the other other hand, why would any of the men find the HII knowing they would just have to give it away before the upcoming TC? Do you have to find the HII just because you happen to find out where it is? Does touching it, picking it up, reading the provenance, make it found? Being forced by the rules to give it away so quickly does not really help one's position the way taking time and chosing the moment would. The men may have talked it over and realized it wasn't worth finding.

03-06-12, 12:31 PM (EST)
40. "PIP Promo"
A lot of repeat footage, but a few new sequences.

03-06-12, 03:21 PM (EST)
47. "RE: PIP Promo"
Thanks for posting, VG! Interesting shots of Leif and Bill, bonding over Leif being the betrayer...still wondering about him being shunned...?

Then, interesting picture of Kim chopping the coconut...sure looks from those pics that someone on Salani's head is on the chopping block...and Kim may be the one that CHOPS it off.

Curious, is there any transcript at all? Probably not.....with the PIP

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-12, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: PIP Promo"
Kinda reminiscent of Sophie going berserk with the machete in one episode last season, right around when the editing started to show her in greater detail as a potential winner.

Couldn't be that easy, naaah?

03-06-12, 07:17 PM (EST)
54. "RE: PIP Promo"
>Curious, is there any transcript at
>all?

"Wednesday, on Survivor: the battle of the sexes continues and for the first time, a play will be made that will change the game forever."

03-10-12, 00:41 AM (EST)
61. "RE: PIP Promo"
I was skimming through looking for a whole other cap, when I noticed this. VG, you were right on with your feeling this was some interesting stuff. They gave us the pivotal scene with Leif and Bill, but we had no idea what to make of it and seemed not to say much, no drama ... but it was key!

Turns out Kim's smashing the coconut was irrelevant to this episode, maybe relevant to the future ... but we gave attention to the splashier sequence and missed the importance of why they would show us Leif and Bill sitting talking.

Something to keep in mind, why they show us these scenes that seem nothing special.

Noaheli 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-12, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noaheli Click to send private message to Noaheli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Hello all. First time poster, very long time lurker. I decided to register because something jumped out at me that others seemed to have missed.

In the vidcaps where the men are all standing around, seemingly discussing the betrayal, Bill is leaning on a fishing spear. I'm pretty sure the women won the fishing gear (and boat) this season. Perhaps Bill made a deal with the women (or stole the fishing gear...Didn't Jonas appear to have a fishing net in his hand in a vidcap as well?) and that is what has the men on edge?

Maybe Bill is the betrayer?

03-06-12, 01:48 PM (EST)
43. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Welcome to the board Noaheli. The men already had fishing gear they got off the truck in episode 1.

Noaheli 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-12, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noaheli Click to send private message to Noaheli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Wow I completely forgot about the first day theft. Odd, I can't recall seeing the men out spear fishing at all this season.

03-06-12, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
Welcome aboard. I think the spear was from the supplies they got off the truck, don't know about the net. Nice idea: a couple of them trade work, fishing and sharing the catch, in return for use of the additional fishing supplies the women won, but without consensus from the group. Guys out spear fishing get upset at guys out net fishing?

03-08-12, 12:32 PM (EST)
60. "Hey!"
Good call on Jonas and the fishing net!

03-06-12, 03:04 PM (EST)
46. "OFG Theory"
OFG Theory...

03-06-12, 04:48 PM (EST)
48. "RE: OFG Theory"
Sense I am a newbe here can someone explain to me what "OFG Theory" means? I am familiar with who OFG is, but I assume she must have a theory that is applicable is certain situations.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-12, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: OFG Theory"
Yeah, this is the OFG theory in a nutshell: it held that the probable boot would be prominantly featured in the next episode promo at the end of each episode, usually but not always in a character-softening way. Often, someone who wasn't featured would be considered safe in the episode.

Of course, the theory has usually morphed a bit as seasons go by.

03-06-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
52. "RE: OFG Theory"
Nowadays we should take in all the promos, or all the broadcast promos.

OFG Theory doesn't always work, but most of the time it holds up. The original formulation of the theory was an inverse observation, that those who weren't featured were safe from the boot.

03-06-12, 05:44 PM (EST)
53. "RE: OFG Theory"
Interesting concept. But if you look at all these promo's every one is shown. Some more than others. Monica is shown vary little so according to this theory she would be considered the safest. I will have to look at just the promo at the end of the episode 3 to see if Monica is shown or not.

03-06-12, 07:49 PM (EST)
55. "RE: OFG Theory"
OFG will be around soon to comment as well, but as dabo stated, the theory has evolved over time.

From the pre-season vidcap evidence, the two players who have not been positively identified in the waterball challenge are Chelsea and Monica.

If we apply the OFG theory to this episode's promos to those two specific players, we have Chelsea constantly inserted in the promos, albeit in silent mode, whereas Monica is absent, save for the sequence FP posted above.

While we do see Chelsea, she is not presented as the center of the action, in a way that would make her boot seem appropriate or deserved. IOW, she doesn't fit the mold for the obvious boot.

Either way, we are left with a "surprise" boot of sorts. The original OFG theory would make Chelsea the most vulnerable, whereas the updated theory would point to Monica.

Of course, we should also keep in mind that the folks who do promos have changed over time. Some tested theories are less reliable than they have been in the past, but that's not to say they should be ignored.

03-06-12, 10:49 PM (EST)
56. "RE: OFG Theory"
dabo gets the prize for remembering the inverse part.
The original observation wasn't limited to the promo at the end of the episode though, but back in S3 there weren't a lot of promos during the week, usually two IIRC ... either one counted as far as I was concerned.

That was a long time ago, and was only meant to apply to the early part of a season.

Anyhow, since then, people have kept the name Krautboy gave it and used the evolved (by group) form as a way to spot the bootee more or less prominently displayed without specifically being shown in trouble.

My original observation didn't count group shots unless the person was really in focus. It related to head shots or single full body shots, but it doesn't matter because promo technique evolves as the show goes along.

The helpful thing is to note how they are doing it THIS season and maybe last season.

03-07-12, 03:50 PM (EST)
57. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
I found this promo for the IC. I can not download it so here is a link.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-one-world/video?watch=2kob4evf6e

It looks like each pair has to build a puzzle.

03-07-12, 04:07 PM (EST)
58. "RE: S24 EP4 Vidcaps"
No caller. Three puzzles, progressively harder, each puzzle tackled by a pair, collect a key. Then three keys at the end, unlock whatsit and raise flag.

03-07-12, 04:56 PM (EST)
59. "IC4 Chal Preview - BTS Dreamers"
Here's the IC4 chal preview w/DreamTeam and Kirhoff calling the play by play.

Video here: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2207143210/

Vidcaps courtesty of Survivor Fever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_ep4_challenge.html

Transcript
---------------------------
John Kirhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): Today's challenge is called "Puzzle Relay". Both tribes will start at the far end at the start and finish line. On "go", tied together at the wrists, pairs of players from each tribe will go up and over a teeter totter to a puzzle. Once they solve that puzzle, Jeff will let 'em know they can move on. They grab a key and they race back to a table dropping that key off. Then the next two players come out. They go over the teeter totter and to a second teeter totter to another puzzle. This one is a little bit harder. Once they solve the puzzle, they grab their key, they race back to the start. The final pair races all the way to the end here over three teeter totters, completes a puzzle, the hardest puzzle yet. Grabs the key and goes back. They take those three keys and unlock a lock raising a flag. First tribe to raise their flag wins Immunity.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •