The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-12 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling, Episode Two,
Survivor: One World

Welcome to Survivor Blows and the SOTS, State of the Spoiling for Survivor: One World. Before we embark on this weeks installment, let me be the first to remind you to be nice and play fair, and make sure to peruse the guidelines, located here. They have served us well through the years.

Last episode left us with a Tribal Council that did go to fruition and saw Nina walk the walk. Clearly, the alliance of five established on day one, is holding strong, despite a few of them waffling. Nina was toast, and things are looking bleaker for Christina and Monica. The girls tribe was totally dysfunctional.

Meanwhile, Colton is working his HII magic, and recruiting the misfits to target one of the frat boys....and they are giddy as school boys about it....For a complete review of the episode, check out the East Coast Spoiler Thread located here. Also, check out dabo's Confessionals thread, located here. And, for press on the episode and boot, go here.

This episode has the girls tribe on the brink of despair, as the weather takes a turn for the worst...Bill notes that...

One World is Out the Window

Tribephyl posted the title and teases thread, here. The riddles are:

1. A BAD STORM WREAKS HAVOC ON THE TRIBES, BRINGING SOME CASTAWAYS TO THEIR BREAKING POINT

Clearly, with the first preview promo, it's easy to see that the girls are desperate and COLD...despite their attempts to get more fire from the guys, the girls are still just totally dysfunctional, and freezing...Colton notes that, I'm a republican...I don't believe in handouts.... Kim notes, The problem is they're starting to believe we cannot win.....hmmmm?

2. It’s raining, it’s pouring, castaways are NOT snoring! A storm wreaks havoc. Weathering the harsh elements sparks new battles between the sexes...

Yes, a big storm spells no sleep for the girls who are freezing...and the boys are not very sympathetic.

3. poor communication leaves castaways scrambling at a frustration-filled Immunity Challenge.

The guys are not as good at communication as the ladies....duh!

Reward Challenge

The Vidcaps thread, started by Blind Freddy and located here, present all of the evidence that we need to note that there are 2 challenges this episode. Here are our DAWS at the start of the RC:

They do look miserable, indeed...especially Chelsea...

Here we see the challenge in mid stride...note the participants on their respective mats, while Alicia and Jay are racing around...note the reward table contains scuba fins and a basket of some kind with something good in it...finally note the 2 sit outs, Jonas and Tarzan. Tarzan has a boo boo on his left front shin... Good thing he's a Dr. and can take care of himself!

Don't know what exactly they are doing, collecting? But, we have evidence of both the boys and the girls possibly winning...

Fins at Girls camp....Note lower left corner...

And, here is a episode 2 picture of it for comparison. Note that they do appear to have either fishing rods or Hawaiian slings leaning on the tree to the left...

Then, scuba gear that the guys have already gotten from the truck...

There are fins and gear hanging on the pole to the right, and Troyzan has a pair of fins that he is holding with his left hand.

So, you decide...boys win and give the girls some fins as some part of a deal, or the girls win and deal with the guys? Personally, I am leaning toward the guys winning...dunno?

Immunity Challenge: the Belted Challenge

The Immunity Challenge, consists of 3 blindfolded and bound together couples that must retrieve things over an obstacle course, which includes a giant bucket that dumps colored water on top of you. They most likely must retrieve bags of puzzle pieces, once collected they have to bring them back and put them on the other side of the rope. Seems there is one caller from the tribe, that guides them blindfolded throughout the course in search of the puzzle bags. Once the three bags are retrieved, then the caller most likely must assemble something with the contents of the bags. First one to finish, will one.

Here are the couples that are tethered together with the belts and rope...

Note that Jonas and Leif are tethered together and holding their rope, also tethered together are Tarzan and Troyzan. We also see Monica and Christina together as well. They are all heading out to retrieve. Also, please note the IN that Blind Freddy has circled.

In this picture...

...you can see that Leif and Jonas have already retrieved their bag and placed it within the ropes...they are done. We also see Matt/Michael returning with their bag, soaking wet, and Kat and Alicia returning with their bag. Also, we see the sit outs Colton and Jay.

Guys and girls both getting splashed with the colored water...

Here are the couples returning, note the challenge apparatus...

Who wins?

Well, we know that the girls were behind because we see in the promo that Jiffy tells them...You need to move, women!. But, thanks to these old vidcaps that were placed in the "Meet Kim Promo", located here. We see this...Thanks to Blind Freddy for labeling it...

I think Kim was tethered to Chelsea, and the girls clearly win! Note the ELATION of the girls and the disappointment of the guys! Sabrina was most likely the caller/communicator for the girls, while Bill was the caller/communicator for the guys.

The RESULTS

Reward Winner: Best guess is...

I think the women losing the RC will make winning the IC so much more SUHHHH-WEEEEET!

IC Winner:

Bootee: Well, we have vidcap evidence of every man in the water basketball challenge except Troyzan and Matt. We do have evidence of Troyzan in the Coco Connection Sling Shot Challenge that has yet to take place...

Leaving only this person, not seen in any future challenges...MATT...the tribe is going to speak...

...you are going to be TOAST!

We have seen Colton wielding his HII and gathering his misfit minions, who are delighted by this turn of events. I think it just may be a 5 - 4 vote. Matt puts the pressure on Troyzan to vote with them, but as Troyzan notes, It aint Survivor unless you're lying

The FUTURE

I have really been trying to figure out who will be booted prior to the water basketball challenge.Volcanic Glass has been so kind to help me with some amazing vidcap work...here are the girls and guys in their bathing suits...

I have gone over and over and over the water basketball challenge. I have always noted that it is all speculative, and if I posted it, perhaps others with their own perspectives could help solve this mystery. Thanks to Benson at Sucks for noting that he/she believed that the woman approaching from the left was indeed Christina. This led me to go back and examine the video of the Leif promo. I really didn't believe it was Christina because she seemed so much further away, and her bathing suit bottoms looked different. Upon further examination, I believe that the girl approaching could indeed be Christina. Clearly, the girl has ties on her bathing suit, as Monica and Chelsea do as well.

Here is the great progression of the video, thanks so much Volcanic Glass!

I have changed my mind a bit. On Jiffy's right, to the left of the frame, in front of the blue banners, Salani...

Starting at the far left of the group of 4, moving toward Jiffy: Jay, Troyzan, Chelsea, Kim

Since there are 4 standing on the right of Jiffy, it is reasonable to assume that there are 4 standing on the other side, in front of the Manono banners as well. I believe that (Left to right) Bill, Colton, Jonas, and Greg. Then we know that there are three Manono's in the midst of the challenge...Christina, Alicia, and Leif. (Yes, I am now thinking that the girl that Sabrina is holding just could be Alicia!). So, if there are 3 for Manono, there must be three for Salani...Michael, Sabrina, and ....(AMAZING FIND FROM VOLCANIC GLASS)...note the face on the very far right of the frame!

...I believe it is KAT that is helping Sabrina with the unidentified woman holding the ball in the orange buff...(Alicia?)

Look at the blonde hair, and when you view the video, you can see her dark eyes. I do believe it is Kat. Which, makes me think the girl standing with the four standouts for Salani is Chelsea.

Here is who I think is participating in this challenge:

Salani/blue: Jay, Troyzan, Michael, Chelsea, Kim, Sabrina, Kat
Manono/orange: Bill, Colton, Jonas, Tarzan, Leif, Alicia, Christina

It is 7 vs 7.

Considering that the boots to date are: Kourtney, Nina, and Matt, but Monica is not accounted for. So there are 2 possibilities:

1. Monica is gone because she is booted in episode 4, and the water basketball challenge is the IC in ep 5. If this is the case, then the Coco Connection Sling Shot challenge will be the IC in ep 4, Boys win, Monica voted out. Shuffle is in ep 5.

2. Monica is the sit out for the Manono tribe and not seen, and the water basketball challenge is the IC in ep 4. Coco Connection Sling Shot Challenge will be the RC in ep 4.

So far, that's where I am at. Thanks Benson, and especially thanks to VG!

Now, go and vote in the Vote Thread.

Don't forget to visit Veruca in the The Players, The Game, The Editing Thread.

And, if you would like to, please consider volunteering for an SOTS, here.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Outfrontgirl 02-27-12 1
   RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Outfrontgirl 02-27-12 2
       RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Flowerpower 02-28-12 4
           RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Outfrontgirl 02-28-12 5
           RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Blind Freddy 02-28-12 6
               Your work is amazing!!! Flowerpower 02-28-12 7
 RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Outfrontgirl 02-28-12 3
   RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... Flowerpower 02-28-12 11
 Challenge Preview VolcanicGlass 02-28-12 8
   RE: Challenge Preview Flowerpower 02-28-12 9
       RE: Challenge Preview jasonkola 02-28-12 10
           RE: Challenge Preview tribephyl 02-29-12 12
 RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out t... CTgirl 02-29-12 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-12, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-12 AT 10:53 PM (EST)

Wow, that is amazing stuff from your collaboration with VG! Kudos to both of you!

I imagine we will know after the Wednesday show when to expect the water basketball, as I expect they will show it if it is in the pipeline, or give us something about slingshot with maybe an II in view? We can hope.

Meanwhile, we know that Troyzan survives to Ep 4 and the women win IC here, so Matt ... FloPo has nailed your exit. The foreshadowing certainly is there, no real surprise in this boot.

A couple notes:
that is Leif in his hat sitting out the RC, and Jonas in his jeans is on the player mat. They have similar tops.

As a small correction, this is snorkel gear. Scuba is when you dive with an oxygen tank. I have seen it called scuba a few times, so want to remind people who aren't around living around diving and snorkeling as I do of the difference.

I really like the way you took Benson's comment at Sucks and revised your thinking. It is so easy to get entrenched with an opinion, but you went back to the drawing board and ... you found gold! (Cat there).

I like the idea of Chelsea staying with Kim and Sabrina, as Chelsea and Kim seem to have a story set up for working together.

ETA, good job of showing the Hawaiian sling in girls' camp in Ep 2!
I lean towards the men winning RC, the girls look really beaten down at that point.

Re the IC, I think the women probably do have communication problems, because Jeff is telling them they need to move it. The communications are the first part of the challenge, so the women aren't doing as well with that. I have a feeling that Bill chokes on the puzzle and Sabrina pulls off an upset.

02-27-12, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
Question on the basketball challenge:

So we have Sabrina, Cat, Christina, Alicia, Michael, and Leif in the fray at the point of the cap that we can see. We have at least seven people back by JP.

Could there be another pair in action? How would this game reasonably be played in terms of numbers per team? We only see two men in this round and four women, which is rather uneven, given that there is at least one less woman than men.

In back it looks like 2 men/2 women on the Salani side, and 3 men visible on the Manono side, with two Manono women and one man in view. We know that Gregzan, Colton, Jonas must be standing back there for Manono or possibly one is sitting out. We have a cap of Bill in the challenge, but not his buff, and he is not on the Salani side back by Jeff.

I'm so confused ...

02-28-12, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
OFG: Thanks for the corrections re: scuba vs snorkel gear, and that Leif is the sit out in the RC while Jonas participates.

Glad you brought up logistics of the Water basketball challenge. Now that VG has unlocked the key, finding Kat, it is all falling into place. Here is the progression shot again:

At the time these pictures were taken, Leif and the entire group with him were in the midst of the challenge competing 3 vs 3, while the remaining 4 on the teams were waiting on the sidelines, next to Jiffy. So, the challenge is being run as 3 vs 3, and then 4 vs 4. 7 people vs 7 people in total. We see the 4 stand outs for Salani in front of the blue banners, to Jiffy's right, (left of the frame). It is reasonable to predict that there are indeed 4 Manono stand outs as well, on the other side of Jiffy.

Let's start the identification with the people on the side lines. For Salani blue, the standing out people are left to right, Jay, Troyzan, Chelsea, and Kim. The stand outs for the Manono tribe are L to R, Bill, Colton, Jonas, and Tarzan(or Tarzan then Jonas?). So, participating in the challenge, we know that the blue tribe has Michael, Sabrina, and Kat. The orange tribe MUST have Christina, Alicia, and Leif. We know Alicia is participating in this challenge because of this shot...

She is wearing her hair pulled back, while in the balance beam challenge she had her hair straight down.

So, in order for this challenge to be 7 vs 7, Monica cannot be in it. So, the girl in this picture that Sabrina is holding MUST be Alicia....there are no girl stand outs on the side lines for the Manono Orange tribe.

Now that we know the groups that are competing against each other, it is easy to see it...

Here we see Kat with the ball, while her team mate Sabrina is behind her...that must be Alicia's or Christina's arm. Now, here is the shot of Sabrina holding most likely Alicia, with Kat trying to get the ball from her...(thanks VG!)...

Here is Leif going against Michael...

Then, we switch to the standouts (Jay, Troyzan, Chelsea, Kim vs. Colton, Bill, Jonas, and Tarzan)...

Jay vs. Jonas...

Jay vs. Colton...

And, here is Bill going up with either Colton or Troyzan, they both have yellow livestrong arm bands on their right arms, but, clearly, this is basketball and multiple people go up together to get the ball, to block, to shoot, whatever. The point is that all of these pictures confirm who is in the shots together...it's 3 vs 3, and 4 vs 4.

So, Monica is not in this challenge. If this is IC in ep 4, she will be the sit out for Manono. If this is IC in ep 5, she is the boot in ep 4. I am now leaning toward the shuffle being in ep 5....fwiw....

02-28-12, 09:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-12 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

Congrats, you have now made it so clear that even I understand it, and that's saying something. (I have no interest at all in team sports involving playing ball, outside of Survivor, and have a tendency to not register what is going on when I see pics of plays.) But you made me see it.

If the swap turns out to be Ep 5, the water barrel or Dutch boy challenge is really close to merge and Kim, Michael, Jay are still in it. I get the feeling that Salani is going to do well. I can see at least three on your NuManono list who could be goners pre-merge based on the current storylines (Bill, Colton, Christina. I feel that Jonas and Leif are good for awhile, not sure about Alicia.)

I feel like Salani has the stronger team in action on that basketball, from what we see.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-12 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Great job on the SOTS FloPo. It's always nice to have a tidy package to review and compare all the pertinent facts.

And w/re to the 'Future" and the waterball chal info, I've posted supportive pics in the 'Post Swap Vidcaps thread', of a light haired female(Kat/Chelsea/Kim) as the Mystery Woman2 (as pointed out by VG and yourself) along with video of Mystery Woman1 definitely having black hair...indicative of being Alicia or Monica.

Good work on all this FloPo!

Edit for typos

02-28-12, 02:47 PM (EST)
7. "Your work is amazing!!!"
Freddy: You are amazing with videos and vidcaps! Can't thank you enough for all of your contributions....

02-28-12, 01:29 AM (EST)
3. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
Just saw that IAMJAMESCLEMENT at MESS posted a cap showing the bags for the puzzle are in the big buckets, so they only get the bags by dumping the colored water on themselves. Sadistic!

02-28-12, 10:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
As Mayan Sun, James at Sucks, OFG and others have noted, the puzzle bags are in the water filled barrels, they can only be retrieved by spilling them....as the video notes, they bags then fall out....boy, if it's not sunny, they are going to be even colder! YIKES!

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-12, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Challenge Preview"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YEEexOuj5w

02-28-12, 09:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Challenge Preview"
Thanks for posting..."OW Pairs". Noticed that there are 5 bags to be retrieved from the buckets of water, then they have to go back going over and under all of the obstacles. I noticed that the person that solves the puzzle does it with one hand tied behind their backs as well! Fun!

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-12, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Challenge Preview"
At first I thought the person who was the caller was the person who dose the puzzle. Now i am not sure as they have a belt on. It looks like it could be one of the people tethered together.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-12, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Challenge Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-12 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

I think the callers belt is simply to restrain their one hand. Whereas everyone else is tethered together in pairs.

as evidenced here...
a pair of guys tethered together in front of the caller.

and here...
hand tied to belt.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-12, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS, Ep 3, "One World is out the Window""
Thank again FloPo for doing another SOTS! You rock!

Outdone by Agman

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •