The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Info from stuff on CBS's web site."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-01, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elwood Click to send private message to Elwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Info from stuff on CBS's web site."
Okay, I'm not sure how much, if any, of this can be considered spoiler info, but after 6 episodes, I went and did some checking on the number of pics and vids for each member. I believe that MB *has* put out some spoilers in stuff (why I checked out the possibilities of the opening credit "black borders"), I just have no idea where or what those spoilers are.

But on to what's at the site. First Kucha.

Alicia has 4 pics added (not counting the 2 originals). None of them are solo shots. One is of her and Jeff in Kucha's tent, the next is her at the True or False vs Jerri, the next is of her and Kimmi, and the final one is her and Jeff again. As for videos, she has only one opinion vid (of Mike) and the arguement with Kimmi. Everything else listed is stock Kucha vids (Kucha's reaction to the pig, Mike's accident, making Kucha corn, Kucha on immunity, Kucha flips). Nothing too drastic here to give any additional insight into her.

Elisabeth has 4 pics, as well. One of the eating contest, one stirring something on the fire, one of her (and Alicia) helping Mike in the water after the burn, and one of her getting a hug by Kentucky Joe. In the vid section, besides stock Kucha stuff, there's an opinion of her on crocodiles, one of her and Mike opening the figs, her opinion on Rodger, and finally her interview after the accident. A bit more than Alicia, but not much.

Jeff. 3 additional pics. The two with Alicia, and one solo shot. As for vids, there are 5 non-stock shots. 3 on Mike (one about him, one about pig-hunting, and one after the accident), one about storms, and one about the Kimmi-Alicia fight. We get more opinions from him than Alicia or Elisabeth combined.

Ghost Nick. NO extra pics. But 2 non-stock vids. One is actually an opinion piece (on Kimmi), just so we know that he IS paying attention, and one on his kitchen (a nice little tour) so we know he did actually DO something. But he's just as much of a ghost on the site as on the show.

Kentucky Joe. 3 pics. One looks like he may be getting ready to fish, one of him in Nick's chair, and the shot of him hugging Lizzie. For vids, only one of Rodger talking to us (about hygiene), while there's Kimmi and Lizzie both talking about Rodger (Kimmi talks about the Kentucky Joe name).

Now on to Ogakor.

Amber (Nick, Jr.). NO pics. But there are 4 vids centering on her. One is her opinion of Colby's snoring, one about winning IC's, one on hygiene, and one after losing the reward in EP 5 (Tina is also in this, stroking her hair...).

Colby. 5 extra pics. One is water bearer, 2 diffent shots with Jerri (one they're laughing, one making the trevois), and 2 solo shots. As for vids, there are 6 total. One is stock Ogakor, one with him and Mike as water bearers, one on his opinion on the merge (EP 6, before they knew of the accident) and the last 3 are his opinions of Jerri.

Jerri (aka The ##### I Love To Hate). 4 pics. One with Alicia (True or False), the two with Colby, and one shot of her lounging on the beach in her blue bikini, hat and sunglasses. For vids, we have a whopping ELEVEN, one being stock tribal stuff. We get her craving "chocolate", bickering with Keith, thoughts on leadership, on wildfires, and then the 3 Colby on Jerri pieces, Keith on her, Tina on her and Maralyn on her.

Keith. 4 pics (one is with Tina, 3 solo). 5 vids. The one stock, the bickering, Keith cooking (fish), Tina on Keith cooking (rice), and Keith on Jerri. Only one opinion.

Tina. 3 pics (one with Keith, one Maralyn, one solo). 4 vids. One of the bickering, one on Keith's cooking, one on Jerri, and one on how the accident affects things.

Any conclusions we can draw from this? I know MB (with the show) is limited by time on what to show, but with the site he can put whatever extra stuff would be interesting, but not show-worthy. At least for the vids.

As for the pics, I find that after 6 weeks there aren't ANY show pics from either Amber OR Nick. For example, there are two of Deb (though one is the TC shot), SIX of Kimmi (she's not THAT good looking), EIGHT of Mike (ya, he was pretty central, and 3 are from EP 6), two of Kel, four of Maralyn, and three of Mitchell. So why NONE of Amber and Nick? It's not like the rest of the shots are particularly interesting. There are some challenge shots, but most aren't. Why not a pic of Nick zoning out? If I were MB, and trying to put pics up each week, I'd either do it the same, like 2 per person per week, or "plant a message" with the shots. Now I'm just trying to figure out if the message he's planted is legit or something to mislead. But I'd assume that until Nick and Amber start having pics show up they're not in any danger of leaving.

As for vids and opinions, I've not been tracking the show's numbers, but for the site, we get the following totals:

Alicia - 1 opinion from her, none about her.
Elisabeth - 1 opinion on tribemates, and 2 "event pieces" (crocs and the accident.
Jeff - 3 opinions, and 2 event pieces (the accident and the fight).
Nick - 1 opinion, 1 tour.
Rodger - 1 about hygiene, 2 that are about him.
Amber - 4 event, but no opinions of anyone.
Colby - 3 on Jerri, 1 on the merge, 1 challenge shot.
Jerri - 5 opinions of her, the rest event stuff.
Keith - 1 opinion by, 1 opinion of him.
Tina - 1 opinion, 3 event type stuff.

So it's clear we are seeing the show through the eyes of Jeff in Kucha, and Jerri is the center of Ogakor. But, duh, just watch the show and you'd know that. I guess I just don't get why there aren't more opinion shots from everyone else. I'd especially like to hear Amber on Jerri, more from Alicia and Nick, and more opinions about the lesser members.

But the thing that really gets me is the lack of pics of Nick and Amber.

Any thoughts on whether this means anything? Or was it just a big waste of time?

I think it can only mean that Nick and Amber stick around at least a few more weeks each, though.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web si... Loree 03-04-01 1
   RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web si... managerr 03-05-01 2
 RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web si... DivaByTheSea 03-05-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web site."
I'd have to agree that Nick and Amber must be going to stick around for awhile. They never kick off someone we hardly know. It doesn't mean they will win. But they do seem safe for the next week or 2. I'll be watching to see if we see more of these two.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-05-01, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web site."
I noticed that we have slowly been seeing a little more of Amber in the past couple of episodes. I think her "story" is going to start very soon and we'll see her being featured more prominently. Characters that aren't main characters tend to peak right before getting booted. Amber isn't a main character so I say she comes into her own in a few episodes and then gets booted.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-01, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Info from stuff on CBS's web site."

>
>Jerri (aka The ##### I Love
>To Hate). 4 pics.
> One with Alicia (True
>or False), the two with
>Colby, and one shot of
>her lounging on the beach
>in her blue bikini, hat
>and sunglasses. For vids,
>we have a whopping ELEVEN,
>one being stock tribal stuff.
> We get her craving
>"chocolate", bickering with Keith, thoughts
>on leadership, on wildfires, and
>then the 3 Colby on
>Jerri pieces, Keith on her,
>Tina on her and Maralyn
>on her.

From a professional POV, Jerri gave the cameramen exactly what they wanted. SHe's in the theatre, and she knows what makes for theatricality. She's naturally gregarious, so she's ACTING for the camera's quite a bit. I think that she is the one cast person that is AWARE that she's on tape 24/7. That would give MB even more reason to use her vids and photos. Jeff also seems to have the same sense of theatricality...not as strong as Scerri though.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •