The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-12, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
A thread for discussion of title and teasers

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E2 CBS PR Blind Freddy 02-16-12 1
   RE: E2 CBS PR dabo 02-16-12 2
       RE: E2 CBS PR Outfrontgirl 02-16-12 3
   RE: E2 CBS PR Georjanna 02-17-12 10
       RE: E2 CBS PR dabo 02-17-12 12
       RE: E2 CBS PR Flowerpower 02-17-12 13
           RE: E2 CBS PR Georjanna 02-19-12 14
 Someone had to say it. Estee 02-16-12 4
   RE: Someone had to say it. Round Robin 02-16-12 5
 RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Outfrontgirl 02-16-12 6
   RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... dabo 02-17-12 7
   RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Flowerpower 02-17-12 8
       RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Outfrontgirl 02-17-12 9
           RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Flowerpower 02-19-12 15
               RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Outfrontgirl 02-19-12 16
                   RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... tullfan 02-19-12 17
                       RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Outfrontgirl 02-20-12 18
   RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfuncti... Blind Freddy 02-17-12 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-16-12, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E2 CBS PR"
From CBS, the E2 Press Release...

------------------------

A GROUP OF MISFITS BAND TOGETHER, FINDING AN UNLIKELY LEADER, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 22

CHEAT TWEET: There’s total dysfunction among the castaways on #Survivor: One World. Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/zE5Kg2

"Total Dysfunction" — Castaways jump off the deep end in an Immunity Challenge that requires a delicate balance. Meanwhile, a group of misfits band together, finding an unlikely leader, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
------------------------

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-12, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-12 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Misfits sounds like Manono. Frat boys are the cool kids leaving Colton to try to organize Tarzan, Troyzan, Leif and Jonas. Thanks for bringing this over!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-12, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
Funny, I suggested that last night on the vidcaps topic, before this came out.

We know that super fans Colton and Troyzan will know how S Vanuatu worked out. Maybe frat boys should cast their minds back and think about how 5 is greater than 4.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-17-12, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
Although there doesn't appear to be any direct connection to the teases, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about just what prompts Sabrina to refer to Colton as a "virus" (in the preview of the upcoming episode).

When last we saw, she was proclaiming her "love" and handing him an Idol.

G

02-17-12, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
My impression was that she was seeing Colton as a Salani agent within the Manono tribe, her operative out to weaken Manono. But Matt also sees Colton as a control on the Salani. Interesting question. Hm? If he gets all "Ha, now I have the HII and I can do what I want" big-headed, there could be some falling out on both ends.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-12, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
Yes, I was wondering about that as well G. I took it almost that he was infectious, in a good way. I think this may be the episode where he tells the girls, If they want to play that game, then I will destroy them as we see this vidcap...

....and the episode where he will get into it with Bill as well...
Bill (pointing his finger at Colton): You don't sit here and talk to people however you want to, dude.

I don't know. Perhaps he is like a virus because he is getting bolder and bolder with the guys now that he has the idol, he's growing out of control? Or, he is getting in good with all of the girls because he is acting to get out their worst enemies...I don't know?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-12, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: E2 CBS PR"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-12 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

I think that because the lead-in to the tease is "And Colton is on an island of his own", my initial impression was that Colton had managed to become a (to quote Dabo - "big-headed") pox in both houses.

But, as you point out, FP, Sabrina could be commenting (with pleasure) on his effect on Manono ... only.

I really hope, though, that we are about to see an isolated and embattled Colton. The man does drama so over-the-top well ...

And speaking of both houses, I've also been wondering:

If there are no rules. If the individual players are free to form and break alliances across tribal lines and to develop and police (or not - stealing seems to have become quite the thing) their own social structures and territorial boundaries.

Then is it possible that the producers permitted - even encouraged - tribal compositions to evolve or dissolve at the informal will and pleasure of those players and that we may have to look beyond traditional alignments to come to our conclusions regarding tribal memberships at any given ... challenge.

I know that such a thing has a snowball's chance in Hades of actually happening (if Survivor's production team is about anything, it is about control), but wouldn't it be fun to witness a truly spontaneous - tribe du jour - experience?

G

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-12, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Someone had to say it."
'Total Dysfunction'

Well, that could be any tribe.

On any season.

Ever.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-16-12, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Someone had to say it."
As villainous as I think the men are, total dysfunction IMO applies even more to the women. They'll be fighting like cats and dogs if that TC is any indication.

02-16-12, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
The two tribes living together leads to more dysfunction. And get ready for some tears as one castaway pleads to be accepted by the others.

Quote from Jeff to Dalton Ross in this week's Q&A. No time to find link. Posted at MESS by Runaway Juror.

Colton weeps?

02-17-12, 02:08 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
Tears from the player or tearing up as you sit your couch watching the show? I could see Colton making another sympathy bid, but with the HII in his pocket it would just be a ruse to set up a blindside. Still, if he's smart he wants to save the HII, so he does need to organize a majority vote if he can.

On the women's side tears would have a different emotional context, Kat seems to be the one in the middle. Does she know she is included in the Girlpower5? She was bewildered at Tribal during the Alicia/Christina bout. This could lead to a "can't we all just get along" moment.

02-17-12, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
The one who would be backed into the corner and cry/plead for acceptance, imo, would most likely be Christina. She is the one that was over the top defensive at TC. She knows that others were witnessing it. If the girls lose immunity, she should be crying, begging, bargaining, pleading to stay alive in the game. Furthermore, she should point to another more vulnerable tribemate, perhaps.

I agree with dabo. Colton, with his immunity idol, is climbing right into the drivers seat, and we heard him in the promo...If you want to mess with me, by all means, but you aint gonna win. To me, that doesn't sound like someone on the verge of tears...he's got a plan and he's making moves.

02-17-12, 02:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
true, I was thinking his plan involved using tears with the girls to gain sympathy.

definitely other contenders as you point out.

02-19-12, 09:54 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"

I do see your point, OFG, and it is quite a valid one. Colton could be driven to isolation, we hear the guys in the promo badmouthing him, then we see him isolated, and note that he's on his own island...clearly, he could be isolated enough and reduced to tears, which in turn, could possibly lead him to fight back....to become the unlikely leader of the misfits, perhaps?

02-19-12, 05:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
yes, indeed!

Typically there is only so much focus to go around in an episode, so when Jeff teases about an unnamed player, chances are good it will be the one of the players who is getting attention in the teasers and video promos. We see from the previews that Colton is going to be a focus in this next episode, and that's why I jumped to him as the likely candidate for both Jeff's tease and the teaser about the unlikely leader.

That is not to say it can't be someone else, just explaining my logic.

tullfan 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-12, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tullfan Click to send private message to tullfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
I'm thinking that Christina is the one that turns on the tears. We know that the women are going to Tribal Council and last episode Alicia wanted Christina gone making Christina to be the front runner to be voted out. Since we know that Christina makes it to the tribal swap, she must do something to save herself and get someone else (probably Nina) voted out instead of her. Most of the tear fests occur at Tribal Council (see Brandon and Sophie last season) and although he didn't cry, we had to endure Cochran's awkward pleas to save himself last season.

02-20-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
Excellent points! TC does bring out the waterworks, and that is where Jeff sees them. Colton won't be at TC if women lose, which seems a sure thing, so there you go.

02-17-12, 04:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 E2 Title - 'Total Dysfunction'"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-12 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Kourtney in a post boot interview with Gordan Holmes at XfinityTV describes Colton as "emotional"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •