The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tullfan 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-08-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tullfan Click to send private message to tullfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-12 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

I.m not sure if this belongs in spoilers but I found this video at Survivor Skills.

http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?topic=8079.msg167446;topicseen#new

I think that this is new. I haven't seen this one before.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One Worl... Flowerpower 02-08-12 1
 Transcript and VidCaps from assesme... tribephyl 02-09-12 2
   RE: Transcript and VidCaps from ass... Outfrontgirl 03-10-12 6
 RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One Worl... Outfrontgirl 02-09-12 3
   RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One Worl... Outfrontgirl 02-09-12 4
       RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One Worl... Outfrontgirl 02-09-12 5
 Colton the villain Outfrontgirl 03-10-12 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-12, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
Excellent! Thanks for posting, tullfan! I really enjoyed it and got a good pre-game assessment from Jiffy...looks like a fun cast!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-12, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Transcript and VidCaps from assesment"
Transcript:

Michael
Jeff Probst: Michael Jefferson, he's a big guy and I don't want him mad at me but I would put him in the category of villain. I'm not sure that he's aware that he's a villain. Clearly he's a physical threat if we do big physical challenges but we're going to have challenges that are fair for men and women. So I'm not sure that Mike's physical strength will be as big an asset early on as it might have been in a normal season. So he's going to have to work on those social skills a bit.

Kim
JP: Kim is somebody that I think everybody is going to root for.
Kim: Sure, I'd love a million dollars but I just want to play big. I want to go and have a hell of a time.
JP: She's the all American woman who is attractive and nice and loyal and seems like she has a real backbone but is also very bright. She has a leadership quality but I think she knows that the way to play the game is let somebody else lead. I think Kim will be somebody that people want to go deep in the game, a lot of guys will have a crush on and she could walk away with the money.

Jay
JP: Right off the bat, women are going to like Jay. He's clearly an attractive guy. The women on our crew, they can't wait for him to show up at a challenge. He reminds me of Bobby Jon, somebody who played the game a long time ago, who was very likable, very hard working. And I think Jay is going to go deep.
Jay: I'm definitely a schemer on the low, somebody that's going to try to fly under the radar.
JP: Jay is going to come across as the laid back country boy but I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

Kat
JP: The thing I like most about Kat is the one thing that could get her in trouble. She speaks before she thinks. She doesn't hesitate to say what's on her mind. Sometimes she'd probably be better off if she sat on it for a second and just let it go. Very fit, likeable and young. And I think there's enough other young women that she could find herself in a good alliance.

Bill
JP: Bill is playing the part of the happy go lucky sort of easy going "I can go this way guys, I can go that way." He's fit enough to get through challenges if he keeps smiling and keeps laughing, he could laugh his way to the end.
Bill: I am a struggling stand up comedian who is out here trying to win a million dollars.

Nina
JP: Nina's going to have a very hard time out here and it's unfortunate but that's my guess looking at the rest of the group. She's going to be the older woman who's a little rougher around the edges. She's not going to panic. She's not going to back down from anybody. She's certainly been in some high pressure situations as a cop. I just hope for Nina that the women give her a chance to just breath and maybe see what qualities she can bring.

Colton
JP: Colton is a superfan.
Colton: I had a birthday party when I was 10. I only invited 15 other people just for the sole purpose that we could play Survivor.
JP: And I like that and I think fans of the show will like it. Colton is just going to have a hard time fitting in. He doesn't shy away from the fact that he is gay and he kind of puts a target on his back by saying things like "I'm the only gay guy here." And he just reminds people, there's something about me that's different. And that's never good in Survivor whether it's because you're too tall or too fat or too mean or too nice. Colton is going to have to relax or he's going to be first out because he can be annoying.

Sabrina
JP: I like Sabrina a lot. Her energy is really likeable. There's a little mischievousness behind her that is really appealing.
Sabrina: My strength is also my weakness and that is my mouth.
JP: Sabrina is gonna be liked by her tribe. I think she's gonna fit in. And I actually think Sabrina will make the merge and after that it will really depend on alliances and who's in charge but I like her to go deep in this game.

Greg
JP: Dr. Greg, otherwise known as Tarzan, and by day three he would not respond to Greg. Tarzan's biggest obstacle, and I've told him this many times is going to be his ego.
Greg: I am a superb surgeon.
JP: He's telling our doctor how to give him a physical. If you do the same thing in the game, you're not long for the game.

Christina
JP: I'm on the fence about Christina. I like her forcefulness.
Christina: I'm not quiet. I'm not submissive. I know when to attack.
JP: I'm just not sure how she'll blend. I think Christina's biggest task is going to be working on her social game and blending with the other women. I do think that Christina is the type that could form an alliance early and it would probably be a devilish alliance and could do a lot of damage if it got some momentum.

Troy
JP: If Tarzan wasn't enough we have another Zan, Troy likes to be called...
Troy: I am Troyzan.
JP: Troyzan looks like he should be on this show. He's got the long hair, a tan, he's fit and he's got a great attitude.
Troy: This show was created for me!
JP: He has superfan knowledge of the game and he may have to temper that. And if he can, I think he could get a good alliance and be in there for a long time.

Alicia
JP: My take on Alicia. She'll either be out very early or she will find herself in an alliance probably mixed with men and women and make it deep. She's a huge flirt.
Alicia: Back home they call me the kissing bandit.
JP: She has no problem talking about sex with guys or walking around in her underwear, using her booty, show it to a guy. She doesn't care. That'll get ya a ways in this game but when you're on a tribe full of women, I think you have to be careful that the other women don't start going, huh, she's been spending a lot of time with the guys. Don't like it. You're gone.

Jonas
JP: Jonas is a sushi chef. He does sort of have that Zen quality that you would think somebody working with their hands and fish would have. He could go with these guys and fit in or he could go with this group and fit in. And if he can just pick a group and get in with them, I think he could last a long time because I think he might miss some of the bullets flying.

Kourtney
JP: Kourtney's one of the more unique people in the game this season. It's not just because of how she looks with all her tattoos and her quirky sense of style. It's also, I think, her point of view toward life. That can really work for you in this game. Oh, it's just Kourtney, she's a little different anyway. So she's fine. Or on a group of women, you could find yourself with people going, "I don't get her, she's different than me and she's kinda quirky, let's get rid of her."

Matt
JP: I'm on the fence about Matt. I can't tell if he's got any hero in him at all. He'll tell you he's a hero. On Survivor, I think Matt is probably going to come off condescending and misogynistic. Given that he's going to be living on one beach with all the women and all the guys, Matt could find himself out of this game much faster than he would ever guess. On the flip side, if Matt gets into a good alliance with three or four strong guys, it doesn't matter if he's likeable or not. They could run the game and he could make his way to the end.

Chelsea
JP: Chelsea is made for this game. She is fit, she comes from a country background, she can shoot a gun.
Chelsea: I'm really big into spear fishing and scuba diving so I hope to maybe impress them by going out and catching fish.
JP: First thing she asked me is what's the record for the biggest fish ever been speared? Cause I want to break it. You're on. If this game is played the way it's mean to be played, Chelsea should be there deep in the game. She's likeable, she's attractive, she's fit and she's a hard worker. The men are certainly going to want to keep her around.

Leif
JP: I think Leif is going to be somebody that people root for. He's clearly different from everyone else in that he's a little person so he's smaller in stature but he's huge at heart.
Leif: I think my fellow castmates will really underestimate me. That's when they're in trouble.
JP: He's got to play up the fact that I'm a little different so keep me around, give me a chance and then do what he does best which is play Survivor.

Monica
JP: What's working against Monica, is Monica. She's 41 and more fit than probably anybody else out there. She comes from a family that's steeped in athleticism. Her husband is an NFL player. So Monica is gonna have to come in and be humble.
Monica: Young people don't like to be told what to do.
JP: Especially from someone beautiful, fit, successful and rich.
Monica: So, I'm gonna need to keep my ego in check.
JP: Monica is going to do well or not do well based entirely on how she plays the game. It's all up to them. and it's all part of the game. Anybody who doesn't understand that is in trouble. Every single action you take in this game could come to help you or hurt you in the end.

Caps

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Transcript and VidCaps from assesment"
bumping this because I was looking for Jeff's cast assessment and I think it is worth revisiting.

02-09-12, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-12 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

I thought it was odd how some players had a clip where they talked and others we only looked at them. I remember in S21 how each player had a sound byte. (I don't remember the last two seasons assessment videos.)

Thanks for the link and transcript!

Matt is the latest in the list of youngish handsome professional guys whom Jeff doesn't like much. Mick Trimming and Marcus (doctors). It's funny to hear Jeff call someone misogynistic. He should look in the mirror. His is just laying low a little more.

So this is how I see Jeff's ranking here:

MEN
Matt, Tarzan, Colton,

Could go either way:
Leif, Michael, Troyzan, Jonas

Good chances:
Jay, Bill

WOMEN
Trouble:
Nina, Kourtney, Monica

Likable but mouth or flirting could hurt them:
Cat, Alicia, Sabrina, Christina

All around best fit for the game:
Kimberley, Chelsea

Note: he ranked Troyzan winner material in his other assessment for MSN.

02-09-12, 09:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
Here's how I summarized the MSN assessment, which was in a format of one page per castaway. I put the text for each player as a post in the cast thread.

Players Jeff says cannot win: Alicia and Kourtney

Jeff says they could win or are a favorite to do well:
Troyzan, Kimberley, Chelsea

Jeff focuses on the positive:
Bill, Jay, Nina (but needs a chance of a day or two), Sabrina (but could pick the wrong alliance).

Jeff points out a specific reason they could get booted:
Monica, Christina, Kat, Alicia
Colton, Leif, Jonas, Matt, Greg

Jeff predicts they could easily "go home early":
Monica, Greg

Jeff calls them a villain:
Matt, Colton, Michael

02-09-12, 09:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jeff Probst's Survivor One World Cast Assessment video"
Overall, between the two assessments:

Jeff favors:
Jay, Bill, Troyzan, Kimberly, Chelsea

He has doubts about all the others. With Leif, it's not his personality, more whether he will get booted for being different and too little for some challenges.

Jeff really does not like Greg/Tarzan or Matt.
Jeff thinks Kourtney, Nina, and Monica are in trouble. and Alicia and Colton both are flirting with disaster. But Nina COULD get by if they appreciate her.

Then there is the group that could do well IF they make certain choices, but they could easily fail if they don't get the right alliance.

Sabrina, Cat, Christina, Jonas, Leif, Michael.

03-10-12, 01:29 AM (EST)
7. "Colton the villain"
Looking for Probst comments on Colton as I thought he said Colton would be THE villain this season, and I think this is the one, this is said post-filming to EW rather than the initial cast assessment done on Day 1 or 2.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/18/survivor-one-world-new-cast-revealed/
"Of course, no Survivor is complete without a villain, and Probst says this season’s baddie comes in the form of gay Republican Colton Cumbie. “He doesn’t know it, but he is a full-on villain. He thinks he’s the most charming guy ever. He’s a devil and I don’t even think he’s disguised.”

The reason I care is I'm wondering if Colton has had his full run already. Jeff does say "this season's baddie" and 5 episodes is a short run for the villain of the season.

Then again, what happened happened. The villain could go home, leaving no real villain for the rest of the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •