The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Something interesting I noticed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TexanGirl 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TexanGirl Click to send private message to TexanGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Something interesting I noticed"
I've been lurking here for a while and noticed something interesting on this last episode that I haven't seen mentioned on the boards.

I'm curious just how many times the contestants actually perform live for the judges on the night of the competition. The reason is - I noticed that when LaToya finished her song last night she didn't do her usual jerk of the microphone like she's done at the end of almost every other song she sings. However, when they did the re-cap at the end (to give the us the numbers for each person) there was her microphone jerk! So I rewound the tape and, sure enough, the re-cap wasn't from her aired performance. I checked out Jasmine's and it was different, too. (Didn't look at the others because I do actually have somewhat of a life and couldn't sit in front of the TV for an hour comparing each one!)

Anyway, it just makes me think that they must do several performances (at least 2) for the judges and audience and I wonder how they do it when it's a live show? Or maybe they just have each performer do their songs in front of the audience without the judges there before the actual live show...

I know it's a silly little menial thing, but I was just curious if anyone else noticed it!

-- Liz

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Something interesting I noticed ginger 04-15-04 1
   yup I_AM_HE 04-15-04 2
       RE: yup grit 04-15-04 4
 RE: Something interesting I noticed grit 04-15-04 3
 RE: Something interesting I noticed AugustGirl 04-15-04 5
   RE: Something interesting I noticed EnglProf 04-15-04 7
   RE: Something interesting I noticed I_AM_HE 04-15-04 8
 RE: Something interesting I noticed TexanGirl 04-15-04 6
 Here's the link mistofleas 04-15-04 9
   RE: Here's the link nailbone 04-15-04 15
 I simply adore Texans... greenmonstah 04-15-04 10
 Diana was REALLY bad! Joyful 04-15-04 11
 RE: Something interesting I noticed smiley 04-15-04 12
   RE: Something interesting I noticed UmmYeah 04-15-04 13
 RE: Something interesting I noticed nailbone 04-15-04 14
   RE: Something interesting I noticed ginger 04-15-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
I read somewhere that the "recap" moments of each song we see are actually taped previously.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "yup"
Ricky posted an article from TV Guide about the Top 20 AI secrets here. From that post:

17) On the Tuesday show, the re-cap at the end is actually taken from dress rehersals (they can't edit that fast).

It was already on page 10 or so, no wonder if new posters haven't seen it. Welcome to the boards TexanGirl

JPL, your next American Idol!

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-15-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: yup"
You're too fast for me HE. I knew I shouldn't have run to the bathroom before hitting "Post Message"!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-15-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
There's a dress rehearsal on Monday nights. They tape the dress rehearsal. Then, they put together the recap that you see at the end of the live show on Tuesday because there's not enough time for them to do it that night.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
Hi TexanGirl! Welcome to the boards.

We can never have too many Girls around here!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-15-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
I never saw that list-- so I'm really surprised that that's how they do it! Seems to give contestants an unfair advantage/ disadvantage depending on whether a contestant is better with the crowd there and the w/ the added adrenaline, or is more nervous in front of the live audience. I guess nobody really votes based on the recaps, but really. Talk about smoke and mirrors.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
or too many Texans!

TexanGirl 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TexanGirl Click to send private message to TexanGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
Thanks guys! I had thought maybe they were up to something....those tricky American Idol producers taping a dress rehearsal....too smart for TexanGirl.

Sorry I missed the other posts about it!

-- Liz

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Here's the link"
...to the whole list of AI Secrets in case your interested.

Welcome to the boards TexanGirl.

--linking since 1892

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Here's the link"
13) The order is rotated so no one is always first or last, but an up-tempo song is always first and alternate girl/boy.

"Against All Odds" is up-tempo?!?!?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I simply adore Texans..."
I *do*...So please keep posting!

<--- married a Texan

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Diana was REALLY bad!"
OMG!

I didn't know about the dress rehearsal taping thing as well. Which does not bode well for Diana because the clip they showed at the end was just as off key as her live performance was!!! She either is not completely over her throat problem or she just sucks at singing that song!!!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-15-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
This is what happened last night with Latoya...

But backstage, when he met Paula at rehearsals, Quentin admitted, "I love them all." Still, it was a good thing that it wasn't live, because after LaToya sang "Somewhere," Quentin said, "I have three words: ef--n power house!" And while Quentin had cleaned it up for TV, the producers decided they couldn't use it and taped it again with Quentin saying, "I have two words: power house."

Apparently the audience booed the censors when they wanted to re tape it.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

UmmYeah 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UmmYeah Click to send private message to UmmYeah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
wow! thats really cool, i never thought about that!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
Howdy, TexanGirl! Welcome to the boards.

Check your inbox.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Something interesting I noticed"
He probably sent you a yellow rose.

Making lame Texas jokes cos I'm jealous -- welcome!

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •