The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-12, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler"
It could certainly be a hoax. I am open to that.

I share the skepticism. It could have been a CBS planted hoax. A total made-up hoax based on no real info would not have matched up as well with the contestants, so it either genuine or an insider hoax.

I can answer part of your questions, so we can see how much of the real concern remains.
_____

1. How and why does this random person know where the crew was staying in Samoa?

Answer: I knew it, and everyone there would know it. There is only one resort of any size on Upolu, and that is Aggie Grey's. It was much publicized for the first filming of how weddings were ruined that had been planned for months when Aggie's emailed customers with pre-existing reservations and said they would not honor them due to Survivor fully booking it.

In fact, spoiling the place the crew stays is one of the ways to confirm that a location is hosting Survivor. I did some of that with Cook Islands.

In sum: not an issue

2. This spoiler was posted at RFF on Aug. 20th. Travel was aware that Coach and Ozzy were cast for season 23. I'm not sure of the exact time frame but Aug 20 was around the time that CBS revealed that Coach and Ozzy were cast for season 23. If this info was released by CBS prior to Aug 20 then it had been out there for at most only a few days.

A: not an issue. Dani at Skills broke the Ozzy/Coach spoiler on May 24th, and it was discussed all over the boards for almost three months prior to this post.

3. Travel, who posted that he was staying in Samoa, decides to take a plane to Fiji and just by coincidence ends up on the same flight as the pre-jury booted contestants. Why would Mark Burnett Productions even allow Survivor contestants to fly on public flights rather than hire a chartered flight to take them to Fiji? Also, the chartered flight would probably be cheaper.

Travel said he/she took a day trip. I wouldn't put it that he just coincidentally ended up on the same flight. More like, on the flight, it happened there was a reality TV fan. Because the fan saw something, he posted. Not like the fan was hoping to get a spoiler and just happened to get the right flight.

SEG has been flying contestants on public flights for all this time. There was, for example, a flight spoiler for the Outback. IIRC, at that time the jury and pre-jury flew home separately. After that, they flew together back to the USA so that they would be in one group.

I think that due to the fact the contestants are unknown to the public at this point, the producers feel the cast will not be obvious.

As for the Fiji resort, it is VERY close to the airport, so it is ideal for both a quick getaway and for a place to hold the contestants prior to flying home. I checked out the travel forums for that area. This resort is not obscure and has plenty of buzz. There was some construction going on during this period, and that put some people off. However, it was open to the public.

Point: There should have been other people there.
Point: It is barely possible to do a day trip to Fiji given current flight times for Air Pacific, the only nonstop flight. On Fridays, the flight does not leave until afternoon, and returns after 2 am Saturday, and it costs about $500.

4. As a second coincidence, Travel hires a driver in Fiji who takes him to the same semi-secluded resort where the castaways are staying and that no one else is staying at this spa other than Travel and the 5 castaways. Now Travel is staying in Fiji when at the beginning of this post Travel said that he was staying in Samoa.

No, Travel said he went to a spa in Fiji for the day and was posting at RFF from Aggie Grey's the following day.

5. How does Travel know that these people are not friends when he says that they are all under 40 and "actor looking"? I could see this being concluded if the 5 were a mix of young and middle-aged.

Mmm, well I give benefit of the doubt that in-flight observation led him to conclude the group was something else, and I think the Survivor presence plus the Americans with a Kiwi "handler" was the tipoff.
____

The more carefully I read this, the fishier it gets. The tweet by Christina Cha that indicates that she was a pre-jury boot seems more reliable than Travel's post and she was not likely to have been one of the 5 sighted by Travel.

Agree about Christina.

My main reservation is that the day trip story is weird, because of the flight times and the expense for very little payoff, unless the person works for an airline and can fly standby. OTOH, a hoaxster could have easily made a story without that issue, and the flight times may have changed since last August.

OTOH, if you follow RFF at all, the TAR forum, you will see that on about half the legs flown by TAR and the tasks too, there are fans around the world who see the filming and tweet or post about it. RFF is a network of fans that stalk TV productions on a global level, and there is nothing weird about a fan happening on a bit of Survivor and taking it to RFF right away.

My guess would be that if legit, Traveler is some other RFF poster who is a regular, who decided to use a ghost for this because SEG has started suing people who post spoilers of their show.

Or it is a hoax, or it is a crew member having a laugh. If a hoax, I believe it is an inside job.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-08-12       
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-10-12     1  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Brownroach     01-10-12     2  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-10-12     4  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-11-12     7  
                 RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-11-12     8  
                     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-12-12     9  
                         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-12-12     10  
                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-13-12     12  
                                 RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-13-12     14  
                                     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-14-12     15  
                                         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-14-12     16  
                                         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   PepeLePew13     01-14-12     17  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-15-12     18  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-15-12     19  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-16-12     20  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   PepeLePew13     01-16-12     22  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Round Robin     01-17-12     23  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-18-12     24  
                                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-19-12     28  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-13-12     11  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     01-13-12     13  
                 RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-18-12     25  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   jbug     01-16-12     21  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-10-12     3  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-11-12     5  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Brownroach     01-11-12     6  
   Colton the villain   Outfrontgirl     01-18-12     26  
     RE: Colton the villain   tullfan     01-19-12     27  
   Observations post vid-caps   Flowerpower     01-23-12     29  
     RE: Observations post vid-caps   tullfan     01-23-12     30  
         RE: Observations post vid-caps   Outfrontgirl     01-27-12     31  
         RE: Observations post vid-caps   Flowerpower     01-28-12     36  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-27-12     32  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   baddove     01-27-12     33  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tribephyl     01-27-12     34  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-28-12     35  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Round Robin     01-28-12     37  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-28-12     38  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Round Robin     01-29-12     39  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-29-12     40  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   tullfan     01-29-12     41  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     01-30-12     42  
   Post Ep 1 Review   Outfrontgirl     02-16-12     43  
     RE: Post Ep 1 Review   Flowerpower     02-16-12     44  
         RE: Post Ep 1 Review   Outfrontgirl     02-16-12     45  
             RE: Post Ep 1 Review   Flowerpower     02-16-12     46  
                 RE: Post Ep 1 Review   Outfrontgirl     02-16-12     47  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     02-27-12     48  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-01-12     49  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     03-01-12     50  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-01-12     51  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     03-01-12     52  
                 RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Round Robin     03-01-12     53  
                     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-02-12     54  
                         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-02-12     55  
                             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     03-02-12     56  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-14-12     57  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   GOOU     03-14-12     58  
     RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-15-12     59  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Flowerpower     03-15-12     60  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-15-12     62  
         RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   byoffer     03-15-12     61  
             RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-15-12     63  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-22-12     64  
   RE: Flight to Fiji Pre-Jury Spoiler   Outfrontgirl     03-24-12     65  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •