The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-11, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
As far as I'm concerned tribephyl's SOTS makes an ECST completely unnecessary this week. But what the hey, we'll have one anyway. Before you settle in to watch the attempted murder of Cochran back at Camp Judy Tenuta, you may want to order an episode-appropriate pizza.

As always please keep discussion of the proceedings contained within this thread until the show has aired on the west coast, and everyone has finished their pizza.

*** In memory of vince3 ***

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The "nerd" count. Estee 11-09-11 1
   RE: The "nerd" count. tribephyl 11-09-11 2
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... tribephyl 11-09-11 3
   RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Estee 11-09-11 5
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Outfrontgirl 11-09-11 4
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Brownroach 11-09-11 6
 Pour one for me, Tribe! Flowerpower 11-09-11 7
   RE: Pour one for me, Tribe! Modesty 11-09-11 8
       Nice to see you, Modesty! Flowerpower 11-09-11 17
   RE: Pour one for me, Tribe! Brownroach 11-09-11 11
   RE: Pour one for me, Tribe! Estee 11-09-11 12
   RE: Pour one for me, Tribe! OllieKat 11-09-11 13
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Brownroach 11-09-11 9
 Post Intro.... Flowerpower 11-09-11 10
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... J Slice 11-09-11 14
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Brownroach 11-09-11 15
   RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Estee 11-09-11 18
 Post IC, pre first TC.... Flowerpower 11-09-11 16
   RE: Post IC, pre first TC.... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 19
       RE: Post IC, pre first TC.... michel 11-09-11 30
           RE: Post IC, pre first TC.... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 33
               RE: Post IC, pre first TC.... michel 11-09-11 36
   RE: Post IC, pre first TC.... jbug 11-09-11 22
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Brownroach 11-09-11 20
 Post TC #1 Flowerpower 11-09-11 21
   RE: Post TC #1 Estee 11-09-11 23
       RE: Post TC #1 Blind Freddy 11-10-11 46
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Brownroach 11-09-11 24
 TC #2 Flowerpower 11-09-11 25
 Next time Brownroach 11-09-11 26
   RE: Next time michel 11-09-11 31
       RE: Next time Brownroach 11-09-11 41
 Next time on Survivor.... Flowerpower 11-09-11 27
   RE: Next time on Survivor.... Modesty 11-09-11 28
 RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... SquidProQuo 11-09-11 29
   RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... Flowerpower 11-09-11 32
       RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... michel 11-09-11 35
           RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... SquidProQuo 11-10-11 47
               RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... michel 11-10-11 49
       RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 38
           RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thr... KObrien_fan 11-10-11 48
 Jeff's Tout Tease... Flowerpower 11-09-11 34
   RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... michel 11-09-11 37
       RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 39
           RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... michel 11-09-11 40
           RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... SquidProQuo 11-09-11 42
               RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 43
                   RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... SquidProQuo 11-09-11 44
                       RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... PepeLePew13 11-09-11 45
                           RE: Jeff's Tout Tease... Flowerpower 11-10-11 50
   Question? Flowerpower 11-10-11 51
       RE: Question? KObrien_fan 11-10-11 52
           RE: Question? emydi 11-10-11 53
               RE: Question? michel 11-10-11 54
               RE: Question? SquidProQuo 11-10-11 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The "nerd" count."
I'm curious to see how many times the word is used in-episode. (For the week's promos, we're up to roughly three thousand.)

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The "nerd" count."
Thusly (and justly) a drinking game is born!

Every utterance of "NERD" = 1 shot of Everclear.
1st to achieve complete memory loss, wins.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Make mine a combo pizza. A Hell's Angeles, please.
(although a West West Central sounds good too. hmmm...)
Well I do know what I want to drink.
Some Cochran Punch, anybody?

11-09-11, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Oh, yes, the Cochran Punch. It's made from 100% soy vodka. It promises to be so powerful that it'll completely knock you out with one sip, but it actually does nothing. And you keep it around and keep pouring it into various cocktails in the vague hope that the right combo will activate its properties, but it just keeps doing nothing. So finally you tell the thing that it svcks and you're throwing it out. And it upends itself into the bottles of the opposing bar, activating their toxin powers and somehow making your stuff do nothing.

Which leads to abandoning Cochran Punch in favor of Punching Cochran. That's a lot more fun.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'll drink for bleeps ...

I think the Nerd's new name is YOU.

YOU Bleep YOU Bleep You Bleep Everything that I Bleep gave up 6 Bleep Weeks of Spa and Booty for ... YOU YOU YOU BLEEP BLEEP. BLEEP YOU!!!

11-09-11, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Here it comes. Ozzy wants to talk to Cochran alone. Cochran didn't wait eleven years to pick a rock. Ozzy says Cochran betrayed him. Brandon interrupts but Ozzy shoos him away. Jim and Whitney curse Cochran out.

Full opening credits.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Pour one for me, Tribe!"
Yes, I think I'll need a few tonight...sigh...

Anywho...Previously on Survivor....day 19 2 tribes merge, and Ozzy returns from RI and is back...Cochran promises to spy, but his espionage skills were short lived when Coach seduced him to switch. Ozzy wins IC, and he gives his HII to Whit, but she didn't get any votes, Cochran switches, coward, now Upolu and cochran have taken over the game....

at night...returning, see Ozzy then Jim, cochran, Ozzy wants to talk to him....asks him what's up, didn't have anything to do wit you or anyone, didn't come to have his fate come out of a bag...you totally screwed me over, Br interrupts them, I am not gonna be aggressive....Ozzy says you gotta understand that I put my ##### on the line for you personally and you stabbed me in the back so hard, Cochran says it's all about self preservation, Jim comes and says never talk to me again.Whitney says Keith and I saved you 3 times, he says it wasn't against me, you threw the whole tribe under the bus, we are going to be knocked out of the game one by one...you disgust me....

The Upolu's seen embracing him, Rich has his arm around him....

Cochran gets a frosty reception, He's conflicted, it's a weird balancing act, Upolu's are embracing him while my former tribe mates hate my guts....see Jim, talking to Dawn and Whit....Jim swearing...

Frankly, I thought the tribe was quite reserved...they could have been alot worse...

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-09-11, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pour one for me, Tribe!"
Thanks Flo Po!

I'm lurking again this week.

11-09-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Nice to see you, Modesty!"
Happy to oblige....

11-09-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Pour one for me, Tribe!"
Br?

11-09-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Pour one for me, Tribe!"
Not really buying the Talihantz, Island Peacekeeper act.

OllieKat 72 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail OllieKat Click to send private message to OllieKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pour one for me, Tribe!"
"Frankly, I thought the tribe was quite reserved...they could have been alot worse..."

WORD!!!! I expected much worse based on what Jeff had said.

11-09-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-11 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Coach says they pulled off an amazing feat, does Tai Chi. He asks Cochran who Cochran would like to see get voted out next. Cochran dislikes Jim. But we hear Ozzy in confessional next.

IC.

First four advance.

Dawn advances. Whitney Jim Sophie also.

Crack open coconut. Spit water into tube after obstacle course.

Jim and Sophie neck and neck.

Sophie about to vomit and does. Jim wins.

11-09-11, 09:15 PM (EST)
10. "Post Intro...."
Sun rising over the clouds and see Coach watching the sunrise, saying we pulled off an amazing feat, we stayed 6 strong and it's cause for celebration, walking the beach saying a prayer a little tai chi, I need to be humble not arrogant strong not weak, I think I have a strong shot of going all of the way....

Ozzy and Coach talking, can'ty hear what they are saying....

Ozzy confessional, his strategy is gone and he's going to try to keep on winning till there is no one left, as they walk into first IC...

Weird music playing....toss coconuts and land them in a ring, first 4 move on, crack them and get a mouth full of coconut water and fill a tube, first one to fill tube wins....first 4 to land them in a ring, move on....Dawn lands one, Whitney lands one, Jim , and Sophie move on, everyone else on the bench with no shot of immunity...see Ozzy head down.

For Immunity....they are cracking to get mouth full of water and head out to spit.....get over the obstacle and empty it in to the tube......Sophie is in the lead, then Jim....neck and neck....Whitney is in last.....Dawn needs to pick up the pace, she is falling out of this.....here comes Jim, Jim just short.....Sophie almost vomiting, almost spitting it out, and she does vomit, she can't keep it down, huge set back for Sophie....Jim wins immunity!

We see Jim drinking the coconut juice at the end, and as he leaves, Coach fist bumps him in the chest....

Alot of good editing for Coach....fwiw.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So, that's a couple regurgitation challenges now.

Gross.

(out of curiosity, do you think Probst would have even been a little excited if anyone female won the challenge?)

11-09-11, 09:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I just erased an entire post before posting it.

Jim keeps IN.

Jim votes for Cochran, who votes for Ozzy.

Ozzy
Cochran
Ozzy
Cochran
Ozzy
Ozzy
Ozzy
And Ozzy is out.

11-09-11, 09:35 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I just erased an entire post before posting it.

Nausea does that.

11-09-11, 09:31 PM (EST)
16. "Post IC, pre first TC...."
See Ozzy chopping a coconut...Brandon convincing tribe to vote out Ozzy...Ozzy to Coach, he doesn't want to go...C: Ozzy knows there is a good chance that he can get voted out, C says that he doesn't want to go...C appreciates his thoughts, now he's quoting Markus Aurelius...C tels him that he's coming back....Coach and Dawn trying to get Coach to lay down in the bungalow....Dawn says we have to stay the four of us to the end, but she needs to consider flipping to the Upolu tribe...

Jim and Whitney talking about Cochran, he's a coward, he never could have thrown his tribe under that way....Jim says he's going to give him the necklace....He's going to try and give Ozzy the necklace and try and convince them to go to Cochran, 2 of those 7 to vote for Cochran and then we have a game....Ozzy says it's surreal to me right now, if he gives me the IN tonight, I believe he will, who knows what will happen in this game and I am never gonna give up as long as I live, certainly not here on Survivor, as he looks at the rainbow...

TC: The theme of the last 2 have been "big moves". Who from your tribe barked the loudest...Jim, didn't want to hear what I had to say, I was saying a few things a little immature but he's a coward. Cochran says it was a personl decision, he didn't mentally prepare for this 11 years to pull a rock out and leave, season four was the last time someone pulled a rock and it's never been done before. Jim says that there are not any Upolu's that would do what Cochran did....Brandon says it's poetic justice, enough is enough that he was bullied, Ozzy asks did I ever make you feel like you were small, and Cochran says you made me small because you wanted to vote me out because of my weakness....

Jim says he wants to give the necklace to Ozzy tonight....you can go throuw this game honarably, you can say this by voting Cochran...If you vote out Cochran now, if you stick up for yourself , you will get screwed. Jim trying his hardest to get Cochran out....Ozzy says when he's at RI, he is only feeding himself....these numbers are going to change...Ozzy's message, I will be back, I will put all of my self into RI, I will feed you a nice fish and put all of my efforts into sending you on your way. Jim keeps the HII...holds his head down...Jim votes Cochran "I really don't like you", Cochran votes Ozzy, says you have been trying to get me out since week one, so it's not that innappropriate that I am voting for you....

Votes:

Ozzy
Cochran
Ozzy
Coc
Ozzy
Ozzy
Ozzy
Ozzy

"you guys fell for my master plan...let's try this one more time, Jeff....says he'll have one more chance to get back int the game, "you better believe it"....for 22 days this game has been unpredictable...for Whit, Jim , Dawn you better hope it stays that way...Ozzy says, I made big moves and I'm proud of it....runs off....

Keith sleeping wakes up and says, "dude!"....Keith says you got betrayed by Cochran, Ozzy says, Of course. Ozzy says he'll treat them really nice when they come to RI, then he'll send them packing....

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Post IC, pre first TC...."
So what happened to Jim's "wanting" to give Ozzy the necklace? Why say that if you're not going to follow through with it?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Post IC, pre first TC...."
It was Coach's answer that changed Jim's mind.
Jim saw it as making a statement: Vote out the one dishonorable player.
Coach saw it as: If we vote Cochran out, the message will be: If you stand out for yourself, you will be screwed."
Jim was seen having trouble swallowing after that.

11-09-11, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Post IC, pre first TC...."
But it's kind of funny that Jim was calling Cochran a 'coward' but he backed off himself on his own words there in TC.

11-09-11, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Post IC, pre first TC...."
Yes, but what else is new?! He called himself honorable but I'm sure Elyse would see it differently.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Post IC, pre first TC...."
The total over confidence is funny.
Ozzy = you just lost an immunity challenge; what makes you so sure you'll win all the other?

11-09-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-11 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

Ozzy at redemption swimming and exploring the reef. Catches big fish for him and Keith.

Second IC.

Stand on narrow beam balancing ball on bow. Twist --you can sit out and feast if you think you are safe. Only Jim Dawn and Whitney compete.

Jim out.

Dawn will stay so the rest can eat. Round over.

Narrower beam now. Cochran offers LilHantz his shoulder to rest his head on. Ew.

Dawn out. Whitney safe. Albert seems to want Dawn out.

11-09-11, 09:42 PM (EST)
21. "Post TC #1"
Ozzy just got to RI last night, he's exploring the reef, it's magnificent....that's where you get big fish hanging out, biggest fish he ever caught, it's like a 15 pouinder, so much meat....Freshest fish Keith ever had. Ozzy is happy to be there, hear nice Island music playing....

Come on in guys....second IC...

Dawn has already jumped the sinking ship, btw....stand on beam while balancing a wooden bow with a ball, last one with the ball in balance lasting wins...if you are so confident that you don't need immunity you can sit out and feast, see desserts and muffins, sweets, Ice coffee...everybody is celebrating but C, he wants to compete....Jim says that there are 7 people that don't need to compete...C says that we are a family and we stick together...Only Dawn Whitney and Jim compete....ALL of the Upolu's and COC are eating....stuffing their faces....when Jeff asks C if he still wished he was competing in the challenge and C bursts out laughing, and Jiffy says I thought so...

Jim drops out, now down to Whit and Dawn, Dawn says she will fight to stay in the challenge so they can eat....she feels that they are one tribe now, Coach says Dawn has been incredible, and Brandon seconds that.

Now they move down to a more narrow section of the beam that they are balancing on. Now balance the ball on the beam, them must concentrate....The eating has slowed down, lots of full bellies, and Brandon lays his head down on Coc's shoulder....Dawn can't hang on , and Whitney hangs on...Whitney looks like she is crying....Albert in confessional: Albert didn't like the way they treated Dawn at the challenge, he thought that they were a little too inclusive, he wants to nip this in the bud as soon as possible.

I think he's just creating doubt that it may not be Jim that is voted out tonight....NOT! Jim is toast....and he knows it...

11-09-11, 09:49 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Post TC #1"
ALL of the Upolu's and COC are eating

'And the order doesn't matter except for the checks'.

*sigh*

I'm putting some of the fault on production for scheduling that challenge style for this episode -- but having a full-out sitout never looks good. No one's going to remember this episode for glory and honor. Or much of anything else.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-11, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Post TC #1"
Agreed. This is the most boring episode in recent memory. Thank gawd there's an open bar. clink><clink

11-09-11, 09:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Jim talks to Albert about voting Edna. Albert wants to vote Dawn. Sophie disagrees, stick with Jim. Coach weighs one against the other.

TC.

Sophie more for Jim, Albert for Dawn. LilHantz spouts crap as always. He puts down Dawn unnecessarily. Dawn futilely tries to explain.

Whitney breaks down at being painted as a villain. Brandon says more crap.

No votes shown.

Edna
Edna
Edna
Jim
Jim
Jim
Jim
Jim
and Jim is out

11-09-11, 09:55 PM (EST)
25. "TC #2"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-11 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

Cochran walks up with Coach's jacket on, and he's strutting. Jim says that Cochran's game is brilliant...but he's 100% going to RI, unless he makes some moves right now....he's trying to talk to Albert and Sophie...5 of us voting Edna,

Albert approached me and S, he doesn't need to entertain Jim's plan because he has a better plan. Dawn is more dangerous than him and she's slowly but surely eeking her way into our alliance. Dawn in confessional says she can bring people to gether, I am going to get in with some Upolu's ....Albert says that he can beat Jim in alotof challenges, Sophie says that Albert is getting nervous, he's trying to switch up the game but she'd rather get rid of Jim....see Albert trying to convince the others of Dawn and not Jim....Coach says that Jim is like a rhino but Dawn is like a snake. Dawn iwas getting the most cheers, they can both kill you, but hopefully we will send the right person home tonight....

So, Coach, given todays challenge, is it fair to say it's either Dawn or Jim....is it fair that Jim is more lthreatening than Dawn, Sophie says I'd choose Jim, but dawn is the nicer one and she's strong, says Albert. Dawn...Brandon runs off at the mouth again....Brandon says it gets on his nerves....Brandon says that they are being nice because they have to....either you are OK with it, or you are not....Dawn argues that she has been genuine...Brandon says none of us are gonna stop until they are completely gone....Whitney says that we have been villified but we have played this game just as honorably....crying because they've been villifyed and they don't accept us as real people, it's hard to take, she's not a bad person.

Brandon says it's hard to take, I don't want to see them cry, but we were excluded by them until we got power....it's a no brainer for me....

the vote....

See Coach holding a rosary...is he Catholic?

Edna
Edna
Edna
Jim
Jim
Jim
Jim
Jim
Jim

Coach is smiling...Jeff says you will have a chance to get back in the game....Coach waves goodbye. Alot was said tonight, was anything revealed that might help dawn or Whitney?

I thought Coach said he was going to try and not be arrogant....looks like he just can't help it....

11-09-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
26. "Next time"
Albert makes a big move trying to get Savaii's to align but Coach is onto him, threatens anyone who goes against the family.

11-09-11, 10:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Next time"
I didn't hear it as wanting to align the Savaii, just making friends with them so they vote for him in the end. That could be simply doing like Clay and getting to know them or, as you say, keeping a few of them around.

11-09-11, 11:27 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Next time"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-11 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

FloPo may have quoted it more accurately than I, but I think my reading is correct. What you describe is not a big move on Albert's part, nor would Coach overreact that it is going against the family. Albert thinks he can secure Savaii jury votes by getting rid of Cochran, and he will want to bring in Whitney and Dawn. If he only submits it to Coach it's not a big move, as Coach would get the credit if it happens.

ETA - sorry, my bad, now that the vidcaps are up, Cochran is there too when Albert is with Dawn and Whitney, so the ploy can't be to vote out Cochran. But a "move" has to be more than just getting people to like you, imo.

11-09-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
27. "Next time on Survivor...."
Next time on Survivor:
Albert seen playing chess
Albert makes a big move. My only chance to win this game is to secure every Savaii vote...

but Coach is on to him, if anyone goes against the family, they are dead!

Ozzy swimming and fishing, "and at RI, Ozzy lies in wait..."I am here eating the best protein possible, exercising everyday, making myself stronger....see him fishing in the reef and standing towering on top of a palm tree...

What's up fellas, I'm sad, I think I played a great game and positioned myself well for the million dollars, I still have a shot but I don't feel like it's as good a shot as I had 3 days ago....

Ozzy: I hate to tell you I told you so...

Keith to Jim and Ozzy: I thought we were supposed be the final three? Laugh...

Modesty 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Modesty Click to send private message to Modesty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Thanks guys!

I can't say I'm excited to watch the episode but still...

Great coverage on the play-by-play by all.

xo

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-09-11, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Thanks BR and FloPo! A few quick thoughts:

- Coach still getting a good edit...and Jeff credited him with "seducing" Cochran in the recap

- Albert vs. Coach showdown seems to be in the works

- Did anyone else want to barf when Cochran told Brandon to put his head on his shoulder?!!!

- I've really liked Dawn up to now but she turned me off tonight with her obvious suck-up moves. But sounds like Albert and Coach are on to her.

- Sophie still seems to be the voice of reason.

11-09-11, 10:41 PM (EST)
32. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-11 AT 10:46 PM (EST)

Glad to help, Modesty!

Squid: Coach is getting the credit for "seducing" Cochran over to Upolu. Cochran received no credit, so does that mean that Cochran as winner's stock goes down, and Coach's goes up?

But, point to make, Coach quoted that I need to be humble not arrogant strong not weak, I think I have a strong shot of going all of the way.....Coach spells out what he has to do to win, be humble, not arrogant.

I saw Coach being quite arrogant tonight. At the challenge when he was eating and Coach was asked by Jiffy, Do you still wish you were competing in the challenge? and Coach was seen bursting out laughing in response, and Jiffy replied, Yeah, I thought so...

Also, he was very arrogant at TC as well, and with the smiling as they leave and waving good bye....I don't know, I think this is going to spell trouble for Coach down the road....

The Albert vs. Coach showdown may be misdirection....Albert was saying that in order to win he has to secure all of the Savaii votes. He's trying to sweet talk them and get them to like him....doesn't mean he's still not going to vote them out?

I wanted to barf every time I saw Cochran on screen...just saying....no offense anyone else....

Agree with you regarding Dawn. She likes the Upolu's because she's found another Morman and she's into the praying. AS Boston Rob noted.....if people find a common thread, you have to nip it in the bud....just as Matt found a common religious background with Mike and Julie.

I agree, Sophie is the one that is keeping CALM, as Ozzy suggested what "they" need to do to win....just stay calm. Sophie does seem to be the voice of reason....she' has noted the hypocrisy of Coach and his religion when he chose not to reveal to HII to Brandon right away, and now she doesn't agree with Albert to vote of Dawn first...I do like Sophie, she's shown alot of strength and wisdom and definitely kept a cool head in that bunch...

Edited to add: Ozzy is getting a shining edit on redemption island....looks like he's set to pull a "MATT"...

11-09-11, 11:02 PM (EST)
35. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
>Coach is getting the
>credit for "seducing" Cochran over
>to Upolu. Cochran received no
>credit, so does that mean
>that Cochran as winner's stock
>goes down, and Coach's goes
>up?

That's what we have to mull over. The recap completely ignored Ozzy's bad acting and Dawn's shifting opinions. But it didn't say that Cochran folded under Coach's will either. At first listen, the recap was neutral, not favoring Cochran at all but not killing his story either. We'll have to dig deeper. Right now, I'd say the episode was bad for Jim, Dawn, Albert, Sophie and Edna. Good for Coach and Ozzy.

11-10-11, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I don't think the recap/"Coach seducing Cochran" line alone kills Cochran's story...but I definitely agree with FloPo and Pepe that there's no way he's the winner. For example:

- Strutting around in the coat scene -- seems like he's become the joke
- Someone actually called him a wiener (on top of traitor/other negativity)
- Jim, Sophie and Albert talking about how he's playing for 3rd place/goat
- The whip cream on his face while eating the food and then asking Brandon to put his head on his shoulder
- Ozzy very calmly (vs. bully/hothead) asking him why he betrayed him after all he did for him
- Whitney's crying/group cry at the end of TC seemed to negate some of the original bullying discussion

The only positive for Cochran tonight that I can recall is that he had a logical, non emotional reason for what he did -- i.e. as a student of the game for 11 yrs., he didn't want to pull a rock -- but what was left unsaid is that if he had hesitations, he should have spoken up sooner and also didn't need to give the other tribe inside info.

It was also interesting that we didn't see any interaction/discussion between Cochran and Dawn tonight, esp. in light of their conversation last week. I felt like Dawn got a positive edit tonight, and if she had talked about how she can't fault Cochran, then it would have put a better spin on him.

Bottom line, I don't think the audience is meant to be pulling for Cochran as an underdog anymore.

11-10-11, 08:30 AM (EST)
49. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Dawn did more than talk about Cochran's move; she said she should flip herself and then did just that. As for the rest, it will have to wait for the editing thread.

11-09-11, 11:09 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

>Squid: Coach is getting the
>credit for "seducing" Cochran over
>to Upolu. Cochran received no
>credit, so does that mean
>that Cochran as winner's stock
>goes down, and Coach's goes
>up?

Bingo. And there was also the comment from Jim that Cochran is "playing the greatest 3rd place game ever." A very telling statement, in my mind.

>But, point to make, Coach quoted
>that I need to be
>humble not arrogant strong not
>weak, I think I have
>a strong shot of going
>all of the way.
....Coach spells
>out what he has to
>do to win, be humble,
>not arrogant.
>
>I saw Coach being quite arrogant
>tonight. At the challenge when
>he was eating and Coach
>was asked by Jiffy, Do
>you still wish you were
>competing in the challenge?
and
>Coach was seen bursting out
>laughing in response, and Jiffy
>replied, Yeah, I thought so...
>
>Also, he was very arrogant at
>TC as well, and with
>the smiling as they leave
>and waving good bye....I don't
>know, I think this is
>going to spell trouble for
>Coach down the road....

That was my take as well - Coach is being shown as contradicting his own words and coming off unnecessarily arrogant - I don't think he wins, either.

>I agree, Sophie is the one
>that is keeping CALM, as
>Ozzy suggested what "they" need
>to do to win....just stay
>calm. Sophie does seem to
>be the voice of reason....she'
>has noted the hypocrisy of
>Coach and his religion when
>he chose not to reveal
>to HII to Brandon right
>away, and now she doesn't
>agree with Albert to vote
>of Dawn first...I do like
>Sophie, she's shown alot of
>strength and wisdom and definitely
>kept a cool head in
>that bunch...

Agreed. I would have liked to see more strategy from Sophie to fit in with her long term prospects, though. Is she a serious contender to go all the way? Let's see more.

>Edited to add: Ozzy is
>getting a shining edit on
>redemption island....looks like he's set
>to pull a "MATT"...

I'm not so sure. He appeared awfully arrogant and cocky about going to RI - and we saw what happened earlier when Coach commented that Ozzy was all cocky and swaggering before suddenly seeing his tribe decimated by the switched vote to Keith the previous episode. Might we see the same kind of karma on RI? The edit and preview of Ozzy we saw could go either way - a domination of RI culminating in his return to the game at F5 ... or a repeat of the two times where he was shown to be very overconfident (the episode where Elyse was booted, he was shown mocking Cochran with how to spell his name; plus last week before Cochran changed his vote) before karma bit him.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-11, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: S23 Ep 9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I think that Ozzy will return from RI. First, all the rainbows shown with him saying that he will stay in and fight. Second, all the attention he has already received at RI, first with Keith and the fish, then when Jim joined.

We barely saw anything of Christine when she made her run and she came up short. Sure Ozzy is a returning player and great eye candy, but he is and always has been the challenge hound, that is the one part of his game that he hasn't messed up much.

Third, the scene with Coach talking to Ozzy about him making it through and coming back, Ozzy showed he wasn't that cocky, he was humble when he said "I don't know about that", and Coach looked him in the eye and said "come on man, you can do it." giving him the pep talk.

Finally, this was very subtle but I believe it most telling. The conversation Brandon had with Cochran where Brandon asked "how many times do you get the chance to vote out Ozzy". Cochran answered "apparently two" and gave a soft laugh, not in a mean way. Brandon thought about it and agreed "yeah".

For Cochran, that means this was his second chance to vote out Ozzy and he won't get that third chance, Cochran will get voted out during this path and will face Ozzy at RI and Ozzy will prevail. (how ironic if he beats him in a puzzle challenge )

For Brandon, this tells me Brandon will still get one more chance to vote out Ozzy (as this is his first chance now) and that Ozzy will be the returning player.

His first 2 challenges will be the toughest, against Keith and then Jim. After that he will have to face (in no particular order) Whitney, Dawn, Edna, and Cochran. Another irony will be that Ozzy beats Cochran the same time as he re-enters the game.

Ozzy will be back, we haven't heard the last of him, yet.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

11-09-11, 11:00 PM (EST)
34. "Jeff's Tout Tease..."
2 things that he's looking forward to....1) The showdown on Redemption Island, can Ozzy stay alive?

2) Another double elimination, can Dawn and Whitney stay alive?

*This is not verbatim...

11-09-11, 11:08 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
Double elimination? Wasn't this episode bad enough? IC/TC/IC/TC that's all we really saw and next week we will have RIC/IC/TC/IC/TC? That's a way to kill a season.

11-09-11, 11:12 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
I believe there would be two RI challenges - Keith vs Ozzy in the first one, then the winner goes up against Jim.

(or they draw lots to see who goes up first with the winner going up against the third, but I'd rather see them go in the order they arrived at RI)

11-09-11, 11:16 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
That would make it even worse. There'll will be as many stupid games as in an hour of The Price Is Right!!!

11-09-11, 11:34 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-11 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

Yes, if Jeff stays true to his word that this season there will only be 1:1 duels, then I guess we'll see 2 separate duels next week. Kinda crazy. At least Ozzy's making sure they are eating well on RI!

I agree w/FloPo that Ozzy got an overall positive edit tonight.....the music, the rainbow shot yet again for like the 4th time....the beauty shots of him snorkeling and providing. Not ready to call him the RI returnee just yet, but if nothing else, they sure seem to be applauding his big move. And the fact that he was so calm during the Cochran conversation vs. hothead Ozzy struck me. (Also, his gangster quip to Brandon was the line of the night

Re Coach: It's hard to separate out the lingering "old" Coach perceptions and not be cynical about him, but I think he's getting a very strong consistent edit this season, very different vs. past seasons, and if anything, the humble stuff could be creating the doubt re his ability to win. The audience is meant to respect his game this time around.

If nothing else, Coach appears to be the only one thinking about jury management at this point....e.g., working the Ozzy connection vs. fools like Brandon who are alienating the jury. I'm not saying Coach wins, but it sure seems like he's F3 based on his edit.

P.S. Agree, I'm really surprised that there's going to be another double elimination! I'm not up on the calendar -- but I guess they must need to do it to get it all in before Xmas? Here's a link to Jeff's video tout that Flo Po mentioned: http://www.tout.com/m/m93owg

Edited to fix the link....also, in rewatching Jeff's video, I notice that he says "showdown" at RI. Hard to tell if we should take it literally as a singular showdown....or maybe it's a 2-phased thing with Keith vs. Ozzy first then the winner vs. Jim.

11-09-11, 11:38 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
I'm sure the producers have had to take into consideration potential quits/medevacs as there's been quite a number of them the last few seasons, so they didn't have an early double elim at around episode 5 this season as they've done a fair amount of times in the past.

And see what I said a few posts up about Ozzy's two previous times where he was shown as being overconfident. Which outcome will we get? The cocky one-turned-karmatic letdown? Or the heroic return to the game at F5? We'll see.

11-09-11, 11:46 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
Good points, Pepe. I guess I felt like Ozzy was actually somewhat humble (for Ozzy) tonight.

I watched with my son and husband today. They don't follow spoilers and aren't die-hard fans, so they are my "average viewer" litmus test, and they are rooting for Ozzy (just based on this one episode).

11-09-11, 11:50 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
You are correct, I did notice the humbleness and pensiveness of Ozzy in camp before the TC. It's hard to say which way will go because I'm not sure why he needed to come out and openly vow to knock each and every one of them out on RI when we've seen him have his hubris (so-to-speak) thrown back at him in previous episodes.

11-10-11, 08:46 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Jeff's Tout Tease..."
Pepe...We all know that Ozzy is not the best in regard to what he says and what he doesn't say. I also thought him telling Jim as he arrives at RI, "I hate to say I told you so...." was not very wise as well....

11-10-11, 09:12 AM (EST)
51. "Question?"
Regarding Jiffy's Tout tease...

He noted that there are 2 things for next week....first, the "showdown" at RI, can Ozzy stay alive. So, this means that there could be 2 duels next week, leaving only one winner to remain on RI.

Next, he noted that there will be another double elimination, can Whitney and Dawn hang in there?

I took this as there will be 2 eliminations from RI, and then 2 more boots from TC that go to RI.

OR, BUT, this could also mean that when Jiffy used "double elimination" he WAS referring to 2 get out at RI, and then only one goes from the TC boot. OR, is it 2 go from the TC boot?

Initially, it made me think that 2 would leave RI as losers, and 2 would be booted from TC as well....

thoughts?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-11, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Question?"
Watching the tout it is clear that it is another double boot episode. An expedited pagoning back to back, which is a double edged sword. It saves the viewers from boredom, but it doesn't give players like Dawn a whole lot of time to work her way into and plot a coup.

Since we were told earlier that there won't be truel's etc I would hope that also means that there will be a double RI back to back to eliminate 2, otherwise we have a bunch of people that Ozzy has to feed and less time for them to be on the jury and observe the inner mechanisms of Upoluc. With 2 more on the way to RI, that little shelter would be taxed.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-11, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Question?"
2 truels in ep 10 and then ep 11--see Dalton Ross EW ?s to Jiffy..he said it was a misunderstanding...but only 1 winner..so Ozzy won't have as many duels...but I think he returns too the rainbows do it for me

11-10-11, 06:17 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Question?"
But did you see there was also a "rainbow" over a hole in the rocks as the waves crashed in? Wonder if there's a connection?

11-10-11, 06:41 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Question?"
Yes, Jeff says in his EW Q&A that there will be a 3-way duel this week, with 1 winner and 2 going home.

Also, just posted the CBS clues in the other title thread. Sounds like the double elimination is thrown at them at the TC this week.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •