The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP10: "Running the Show""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-11, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP10: "Running the Show""
Blindfreddy posted the EP10 title over at SSucks:

E10 Title - 'Running The Show'

Airing Wednesday Nov 16...
-------------------------------
'Running The Show'
-------------------------------

Several possibilities...
Coach obviously believes he is running the show.
Cochran may think he's running the show in terms of determining the boot order of the former Savaii's.
Upolu would definately be running the show if the Paogonging continues and two more Savaii get the boot in EP10.

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Brownroach 11-09-11 1
   RE: EP10: "Running the Show" SquidProQuo 11-10-11 2
 This week's clues SquidProQuo 11-10-11 3
   RE: This week's clues SquidProQuo 11-10-11 4
   RE: This week's clues PepeLePew13 11-10-11 5
   RE: This week's clues Krautboy 11-11-11 6
   RE: This week's clues Flowerpower 11-11-11 7
       RE: This week's clues parathor 11-11-11 8
       RE: This week's clues Belle Book 11-11-11 9
           RE: This week's clues dabo 11-11-11 10
       RE: This week's clues Brownroach 11-11-11 11
           RE: This week's clues Flowerpower 11-11-11 12
           RE: This week's clues Krautboy 11-11-11 13
   RE: This week's clues Delurker_MN 11-12-11 21
 RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Outfrontgirl 11-11-11 14
   RE: EP10: "Running the Show" 5cats 11-11-11 15
       RE: EP10: "Running the Show" dabo 11-11-11 16
           RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Belle Book 11-11-11 17
               RE: EP10: "Running the Show" 5cats 11-11-11 18
                   RE: EP10: "Running the Show" dabo 11-12-11 19
                       RE: EP10: "Running the Show" 5cats 11-12-11 20
                           RE: EP10: "Running the Show" suzzee 11-14-11 22
                           RE: EP10: "Running the Show" dabo 11-14-11 23
 RE: EP10: "Running the Show" dabo 11-14-11 24
 RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Outfrontgirl 11-15-11 25
   RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Flowerpower 11-15-11 26
       RE: EP10: "Running the Show" Outfrontgirl 11-15-11 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-11, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
My first reaction is that this sounds ominous for Cochran. I pick possibility #2.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-10-11, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-11 AT 03:52 AM (EST)

BR, I hope you're right and this is the beginning of the end for Cochran, but after watching tonight's episode and the "next time" preview, I wonder if this could be Albert talking about Coach or vice-versa? Or I could even see Sophie saying this.

I think some of Jim's observations tonight to Sophie/Albert were pretty astute in terms of Coach having Rick, Edna and Brandon under his wing....it seems to have struck a nerve with Albert, who in turn says in the preview that for him to win, he has to get all the Savaii votes. (There's also an Insider Clip where Sophie talks about the importance of talking w/Savali people.) So sounds like jury management is suddenly dawning on some of them.

The other thing that could tie in is that Jeff says in his "tout" video that there's another double elimination next week....so maybe Dawn or Whitney pulls out a win and the Upolu have to eat one of their own earlier than planned? As with the Mikayla vote, that might cause discord between Coach/Edna and Albert/Sophie about who's running the show. That scenario would at least be more interesting vs. finishing the Pagonging next week.

11-10-11, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "This week's clues"
From CBS:

PARANOIA AMONG TRIBEMATES THREATENS TO BREAK A STRONG ALLIANCE, AND CASTAWAYS ARE SHOCKED AT TRIBAL COUNCIL WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANOTHER DOUBLE ELIMINATION, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 16
CHEAT TWEETaranoia is setting in around camp! + There’s another double elimination on #Survivor Wed, 11/16 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/uCfe4s

"Running the Show" – Paranoia among tribemates threatens to break a once-impenetrable alliance, and castaways are shocked at Tribal Council with the announcement of another double elimination. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island, a castaway makes a bold threat to his former tribemates during the duel challenge, and two castaways are sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

-----------

Interesting, so sounds like the double elimination is thrown at them during TC. But the only way this will have any impact is if Dawn or Whitney can pull out an immunity win. Wouldn't be surprised if Dawn does -- she has the Holly/last person standing of her tribe vibe to her.

Paranoia in a once impenetrable alliance must refer to Coach and Albert's comments in the preview...maybe Coach starts to lose control and become unhinged by his loyalty paranoia. Guessing it's just a distraction for now but will plant the seeds for the end game. Personally I'd love to see someone like Albert or Sophie say the title -- i.e. they're letting Coach think he's running the show for now, but they're actually in control. But it could just be Coach who says it about himself, ha.

Bold threat at RI must be Ozzy telling them he's coming back to kick their butts, right? Perhaps he taunts Cochran? Definitely not Keith....maybe Jim if not Ozzy.

11-10-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: This week's clues"
P.S. Here's a nugget from Jeff Probt's EW Q&A. There WILL be a 3-way duel this week:

As we head to the tease for next week, you told me when filming began that there would be no group duels this season, yet by my math we have three dudes hanging out on Redemption Island. What gives?

Yes, I did say that and I was trying to find a simple way to say that generally speaking duels will only be one on one. I think there are two times where we have double eliminations and have to have a 3 person duel. But only the winner stays. The two losers are out. My bad. Just seemed more complicated to explain it the way I just did.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-11, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This week's clues"

>Bold threat at RI must be
>Ozzy telling them he's coming
>back to kick their butts,
>right? Perhaps he taunts Cochran?
>Definitely not Keith....maybe Jim if
>not Ozzy.

I'm not seeing how it would be considered "bold" for Ozzy to say he's coming back to kick some asses, since he said the same thing at TC just before getting voted out last episode. Gotta be something else - either that or the writers have hit absolute rock bottom for material.

11-11-11, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This week's clues"
"PARANOIA AMONG TRIBEMATES THREATENS TO BREAK A STRONG ALLIANCE"

This sounds like some hype trying to create suspense where there is none...Whitney and Dawn are most likely going to redemption island.

Krautboy

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This week's clues"
I am with Krautboy on this one. Most likely Whitney and Dawn will go one after the other.

Meanwhile, on Redemption Island, a castaway makes a bold threat to his former tribemates during the duel challenge, and two castaways are sent home

Regarding the above clue. I am more apt to think the one that makes the bold threat to his former tribemates is one of the losers. We know that his former tribemates are Savaii, but it most be someone that was tribemates with them all as well. Therefore, I am thinking that Jim will be beaten and he'll make a bold threat to the remaining players regarding who he will vote for to win before he burns his buff and heads off to the jury.....something like, if you don't vote Cochran out immediately, you will not get my vote to win the million. This sounds like something Jim would indeed do.

He'll make a statement that will motivate them to cut Cochran loose....at least that's what I think...

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-11-11, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This week's clues"
100% agree (again - it's like you're reading my thoughts and typing them out faster!)

Jim is most likely to make the threat.

Ozzy is most likely to return (again) from Redemption, after the magical edit that he got last episode. (if Ozzy is voted out again at F5 or F4, then he'll have the record for most times voted out in a season a 3, and most times in Survivor at 4 - ominous stats if there ever was one)

Based on the confessionals, with both Cochran and Coach dipping significantly, I'd say one or both were in trouble (especially if they take Jim up on his threat).

F7 and F5 are when you make your move against your old tribe, not at F9, so I'll predict Whitney and Cochran (or Coach) as getting voted out next, depending on the credibility of the teaser. Cochran has been getting a winning edit, and Coach has an army of minions... ahh, decisions, decisions...

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-11-11, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This week's clues"
I agree that Jim will make the threat. But I suspect that it'll be Whitney and Dawn who go home first. They pounce on Cochran at the next Tribal Council once the sitting ducks are gone.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This week's clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-11 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Realistically, any threat Jim or anyone might make about Cochran's chances at Final kind of plays in Cochran's favor vis-a-vis his "third place game." Kind of a lifeline, really. But good for Jim, go down doing as much damage as you can, shake things up.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This week's clues"
That could be what prompts Albert to start thinking about changing his game up.

11-11-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: This week's clues"
That could be what prompts Albert to start thinking about changing his game up.

...and what prompts Coach to start making threats...

11-11-11, 05:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: This week's clues"
I'm completely on board with speculation here... Jim making the threats, followed by Albert's recognition of Savaii's power on the jury and Coach doing damage control with his heavy handed threats...all lays the groundwork for Cochran's elimination next week.

Krautboy

Delurker_MN 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-11, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Delurker_MN Click to send private message to Delurker_MN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This week's clues"
Harking back to pre-Game 1 promo interviews: Sophie was featured the most heavily (after Brandon), especially as saying, "I'm the one who's really running the show here." (Paraphrased.)

In the editing analysis thread, some posters talked about an uptick starting in her edit post-merge.

If Albert says it, why was he not featured pre-Game 1? As a baseball/dating coach and potential challenge for both physical and mental challenges, he'd certainly have the material for promotional ads. (My field is PR. If they didn't see it or choose to use it, they should hire me! Just kidding (:>) )

Just some stray thoughts!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-11, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
a castaway makes a bold threat to his former tribemates during the duel challenge

Looking at this for more possibilities.

First problem, does former tribemates refer to same pre-merge tribe or merely to a duelist threatening members of the Te Tuna tribe?

Second, it doesn't say an ousted castaway, so the threat could be made by anyone. If made by a spectator, then former tribemates would have to refer to the dueling Savai'i, and the spectator could only be Cochran. Unlikely, perhaps, yet possible.

Another simple explanation is this is CBS's way of hinting that Ozzy wins, and the threat is simply to return and kick all their arses and win.

The Jim idea is very good, and very likely is the correct theory, but wanted to cover a couple more bases. A threat by juror would be a first. The time for Jim to make this threat was last cycle. It worked for Adam in the Cooks. He did get Penner voted off first and he did give his vote to Yul as promised. (That is why Ozzy lost Cook Islands, as Adam would have preferred to vote for Ozzy.)

So my question is, does it matter that much to Jim to get Cochran voted off? Maybe it does. So he would threaten not to vote for anyone who drags Cochran to the finals?

5cats 1186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-11, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
This probably sounds stupid but maybe Jim or one of the duelers say if they bring Cochran to the end they will vote for him (Cochran), just to insure they get rid of him. Or, if they don't vote him out right away they will vote for whoever they perceive the goat to be.

11-11-11, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
It's petty and childish, so of course there's a good chance that's it!

We've seen how good Jim is at over-thinking the game trying to crack Upolu. Much as I like him, he could not get that done, none of his ideas flew. Nothing was going to work as long as Ozzy was still there, of course; Jim had a bit more time to find the right wedge if there is one, didn't find it.

Knocking Cochran's game, the real idea behind it is probably just to improve things for Dawn and Whitney a bit.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-11-11, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-11 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

It won't improve things for Whitney. As for Dawn, it'll only improve her chances if she somehow is Immune when the second Tribal Council vote has to take place. But at least, Jim is trying. The problem is, he's not all that great at finding the right wedge. If there is any.

11-11-11, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
I just think it may be said out of anger while leaving to get back at Cockran, not to help the others although that could be a benefit.
I just watched again when they get back from TC and noticed that Cochran looked them all directly in the eyes when the Savaii told him off. Weird because an insecure person would not be able to do that. They would tend to look down. I don't think he is as insecure as he is pretending to be, not that it matters. Hope he is going home next week!

11-12-11, 00:57 AM (EST)
19. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
First, Belle, I don't think Jim will help Dawn or Whitney one iota, it's just Jim doing what Jim does because he thinks that it may help them. And hurt John, natch.

Scats, great catch on Cochran's body language, eyes forward behavior during those scenes. I'll have to rewatch those scenes, my recollection is simply that he wasn't in a submissive stance as much as before, but it wasn't dominant either, he was staying calm and neutral and letting them get it out.

11-12-11, 02:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
What also struck me was that after facing his punishment with such ease he then walked over to the Ups and it looked like he couldn't look them in the eyes. They were talking to him and he was looking all around but not at them. I think his whole game is to get fan fav and therefore his confessions are lies too. He wants us to believe he's been bullied and is lovable and kind and insecure but he's not. And then his plan went terribly wrong when he flipped and he realizes he is now hated so he is playing the joker. I wanted to smash the TV when he appeared in Coach's coat. What a moron!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-11, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
It's like his mind was elsewhere when he was dealing with Savaii's venting, he'd even said it was not unexpected almost like he'd dismissed that event and had moved on to playing up the poor me aspect to Upolu.

Although I would have thought he would have said something in his confessionals, unless editing decided not to show any of that strategy.

It could all be an act and that makes a little more sense.

A Tribe masterpiece

11-14-11, 01:14 PM (EST)
23. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
What struck me reviewing that material, in the group Upolu scene it wasn't so much he wouldn't look them in the eyes. His body posture remained neutral and he stood not facing but side-by-side, glancing away as if looking back on his old tribe, that bridge had been burned.

11-14-11, 01:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
It occurs to me, Coach is all about the Family in the promo? Coach was the first one to break ranks with the idea of making Cochran the F4 offer, sending Albert to do his dirty work. Bad hypocrite Coach sneaking more and more into things?

11-15-11, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
This caught my eye from Jim's Insider clip:

I gotta go old school Survivor. I gotta go back and highlight the risks and show people who's running the game and who's gonna win this game and what their plan is. I tell you what, Coach coming back a third time, do you really think he came back to make friends and establish a cult. <shakes head> Coach is here for one reason and it's the same reason I'm here for. A million dollars. I don't trust people, I trust motives, and what are Coach's motives? A million dollars. None other."

(cut)

"I'm either going home tonight or I'm winning a million dollars. I'm going to pull Sophie and Albert aside, whether or not I win immunity today, and I'm gonna have it all laid out in the sand, covered up with a couple of palm fronds, lift it up, here's what's gonna happen, you know what's gonna happen."

I don't know if Jim did that with Albert and Sophie, but as some have spec'd, Jim likely makes the remark, and he tells the people at RI that Coached is running the show and they need to wake up.

Kind of like Shii Ann was the one who pointed to Amber as she (SA) exited the game and said, Amber is going to win.

If Jim says it before the duel, then Jim is still in the game and a motive to try to shake it up. If after the duel, he is perhaps trying to make his point now that his own self interest has been taken out of the equation, thinking they might listen to him now.

11-15-11, 09:15 AM (EST)
26. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
I am so bummed that Jim will be out of the game soon....the editing alone tells us that Ozzy is so winning the RI duel/truel. He seemed to be, by far, the biggest "player" this season. He is a bright, gregarious, move-maker that sees the game accurately, imo. I would LOVE to see him get an invite back, in fact, he is just about the only one I would consider inviting back...fwiw.

11-15-11, 05:45 PM (EST)
27. "RE: EP10: "Running the Show""
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-11 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

I agree, Jim was my favorite newbie too.

I forgot to say above that if Jim exposes Coach, that could perhaps lead to Albert scheming to make a move, and Coach & Cochran scene where Coach says he's worried. The truel is early enough in the cycle. Coach could also be worried that Ozzy will return and have insufficient competition at F4 & F5.

Albert is the only one left with much athleticism, and Ozzy can even beat Albert.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •